Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Event Archive
The Great Hall Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 12:57 pm
Come laugh away who you are and get down;
Who you are, who we are, now you're found.
To the sun or the bears or the guns...
We taking all our vows with your frown!
Come on, get down, make a mess, make a bow-
Come get down, mighty youth, here and now.
So come on honey, cut yourself to pieces!

User Image
V I O L A N T E
F A Y E
L I L L A N T I N E

SlytherinFourth YearPurebloodAdopted

Vio rolled her eyes a little in amusement. "I know that; Vander's got nerve, he called me a b***h to my face just last week at breakfast." She didn't seem terribly disturbed at recounting this. "That said, I did 'accidentally' knock his orange juice into his lap. He was being very rude to a second year." Vio generally did not jump in to the rescue every time she saw Vander or Hamilton or Devonte or whomever, they were hardly the only ones with fouler tempers in her house, being prats.

But every so often she liked to remind them of what everyone else was most likely thinking. She wasn't sure where all of these supposedly well mannered, proper pureblood boys had gotten the idea that to be taken seriously in Slytherin they had to treat everyone else like serfs, but however it had started, it had stuck. She supposed that was why their mothers had to arrange marriages for them; it wasn't as if they were all charming the girls off their feet. Hexing them, maybe.

She smirked at Ivy's snicker and comment on Gryffindors. "The good kind of obnoxious, exactly. And there are some obnoxious Slytherins; they find a way without being loud." Vio wrinkled her nose momentarily. "Trust me." Leading Ivy, she was relieved, was not hard. There was the height difference, which was compensated for by Ivy's heels, which she was sure to move very slow to avoid the other girl stumbling in, but the Gryffindor certainly didn't have two left feet. She wasn't stepping on Vio's left and right, at any rate, and for that the blonde was grateful. She liked her toes attached to her feet.

OOC:
Cara MiaKitty

Come on honey, give yourself completely-
And do it all though you can't believe it.
Youth don't know, youth knows no pain!
Come together and join the parade...
And get back walk on lost in the trade.
With the plants and the shimmering beats;
With the wind in my hair, you're free.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 1:52 pm
I shouldn't laugh, but I know I'm a failure in your eyes.
I know it's daft, but I guess that I know it deep inside.
It feels like we're ready to crack these days, you and I;
When it's just the two of us, only the two of us, I could die.
We're gonna separate ourselves tonight...
We're always running scared but holding knives...
But there's a black chandelier, casting shadows and lies.

User Image

ᵉ ᵛ ᵃ ᶰ ᵈ ᵉ ʳ
ᵗ ʳ ᶤ ˢ ᵗ ᵃ ᶰ
ˡ ᶤ ˡ ˡ ᵃ ᶰ ᵗ ᶤ ᶰ ᵉ

ˢˡʸᵗʰᵉʳᶤᶰ ᶠᶤᶠᵗʰ ʸᵉᵃʳᵖᵘʳᵉᵇˡᵒᵒᵈˢᵉᵉᵏᵉʳʰᵉᶤʳ

Vander felt his insides twitch around again when she blushed. He was honestly surprised at how open he actually was to the idea; he hadn't just said it to keep her happy, although it was Valentine's Day and that had been part of it. Holiday or not, he'd never been in the habit of just telling Wendy what she wanted to hear, and she treated him similarly. If their focus had been on keeping the other content from the start, he doubted they ever would have gotten around to snogging; they'd have been too busy resenting each other behind polite smiles. He was't sure which was worse; bitterness masked by false sweetness, or nasty fights, but he'd take bickering ferociously with Wendy and getting to snog her at the end of it any day.

He couldn't help it, even if he had wanted to; he snickered a bit at her gasp. "They wouldn't know; I've done it before. Father's always at work and Mother doesn't stay home nearly as often as he'd like her to. Even when she is, she's hardly bothering with her children." He rolled his eyes. "They wouldn't hate you; they'd just think I was... you know, pining, because we've been desperately in love since the age of twelve or so." His tone was dry but it didn't stop him from blushing anyways. He wasn't sure what she was so worried about; if his parents, more specifically his father, hadn't cut off the engagement yet, it certainly wasn't going to happen now. It'd be the height of rudeness, and they couldn't have that, now could they?

OOC:
mc2

I'll sit in silence for the rest of my life if you'd like.
Dressing our wings with industrial gloves made of wire;
Feel it penetrating the skin, we begin to relax,
When it's just the two of us, and a cute little cup of cyanide.
You left my heart like an abandoned car:
Old and worn out, no use at all...
But I used to be free.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

The Beast and Harlot

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 4:15 pm
          User Image

LOUIS . MAURICIO. ADDARIO

Fifth . Year ,__ Slytherin
9" hazel,. unicorn. tail. hair,.rigid

Hesitation hardly acknowledged, Louie leaned in to receive the slight peck on his cheek and cupped his hand affectionately around her elbow in the process. Politely, he said, ”Micah, good evening,” then gestured for her to wait a moment as he dug through his trouser pockets, then robes, then back to trousers and again to his inner robes until he finaly found the little devil and gave a sigh of relief, ”If I may, I bought you something... Here, Happy Valentine’s Day.” he presented her with a square velvet box, fumbled on the silver clasp until the lid slid open to reveal a crystal bow pendant embellished with blush-pink crystals, moonstones, and pearls. Maybe it was a little too much for a first date, but his father said, or implied rather, that the Yaxley family deserved nothing less. Louie thought it was silly, and had said as much, but his father reminded him that it was a token of respect, among other things. Louie had been too distracted to file the information away in his brain, it probably slipped and fell somewhere underneath a filing cabinet.

”I hope it’s alright?” he asked stiffly, almost tentative if it hadn’t been for the stoicism in his stern features. But then he quickly followed up with, ”Not too much I mean--since this is just our first date…” Louie trailed off, suddenly vulnerable under fire of flaming arrows ready to rain destruction and ruin down on him, but this isn’t war. Or is it? ‘Everything’s fair in love and war,’ he recited the quote, but couldn’t recall which book he had recently read it in. ‘And did I really say 'just,'' he chastised himself almost an entire minute later. It was an implicative statement; meaning more dates were sure to come. Louie had all but given up on romance and love; arranged marriage statistically last longer than those born of love. Even his mum and da’ had been arranged; a marriage built on mutual trust and respect and understanding of what was expected from each other. But even they couldn’t seem to decide. His father favors the long lineage and traditions of an Italian family, while his mother seems to believe the daughter of a Wizengamot judge would prove most prosperous. Honestly, Louie didn’t mind, so long as it never interrupted his studies or archery practice. But, maybe he could fall in love with Micah? Maybe he already had, and just wouldn't know it until it was too late? After a long moment of distant daydreaming, he blinked and suddenly said, ”So! What would you like to do first?”

[black mask]
[[Amigoodness! Sorry I took so long to respond Devlyn!]]

Devlyn Maycry

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2015 7:19 pm
User Image

M I C A H Y A X L E Y
                                                        ♫ Prefect ♫ Hufflepuff ♫ Fifth Year ♫

Our ƦƤMƧ are in the яє∂,
                                                        Ɗяινιηg closer to the є∂gє
                                                        "Are you ℓινιηg? Are you ∂єα∂?"
                                                        Let's ℓιgнт up the ∂αяк,
                                                        You've got the ƒυєℓ, I've got the ѕραяк.
                                                        in my уσυηg вℓσσ∂.

Micah blinked when he began shuffling through his robes and pockets. She was curious if this was his attempt at dancing or something when he pulled a box from his pocket and opened it for her. A blush immediately clouded her cheeks. She hadn’t expected a gift. Sure it was Valentine’s day but it was only their first official date! She gently lifted the necklace from the box and examined it curiously. "Its beautiful. I wasn’t expecting a gift… You didn’t have too…" She glanced at him and smiled shyly. "I love it. Can you help me put it on?" She asked turning and lifting her hair so it wasn’t in the way. When he’d set the clasp together and the necklace hung from her neck. She knew her parents would be impressed by his chivalry. They would love him. That was for sure. Especially since they would at least recognize her last name.

She shrugged when he said he hoped it wasn’t too much.
                                                        "I just didn’t expect anything… or I would’ve gotten you something too…" She struggled to keep her blushing in check. She honestly hadn’t expected him to be so sweet and thoughtful. It was a nice surprise actually. She had honestly been expecting to just get him to go along with her ploy until she thought of something else to confuse her parents, but maybe…. Maybe she could actually like him… maybe even love him. He was definitely making her happy at least for the night. And he had said just….. which meant he expected there to be more dates so maybe… he liked her too? Maybe he hadn’t just said yes because she was a Yaxley and had helped him study for OWLs. Either way she would enjoy this night and do all her thinking later. She didn’t want to think right now. She just wanted it to be a fun night with some dancing and maybe a little snogging if the night went well. She blinked when he asked what she wanted to do first and grinned mischievously. "Well you did promise me a dance before." She said with a wink, before gesturing towards the dance floor. "I promise it’s not hard. And I won’t be mad if you step on my feet." She teased gleefully.

It's so єαѕу to be cуηιcαℓ.
                                                        Let's turn αяσυη∂ and start αgαιη.
                                                        Let's get συт тσηιgнт
                                                        You've got the ƒιяє, I've got the ƒιgнт
                                                        in my уσυηg вℓσσ∂.

The Beast and Harlot

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2015 4:24 pm
User Image

Time: Valentines 2032
                                                                        Looking: Pretty Floral

------------------------------------------------------------------------x

Lola smiled when Devonte laughed at her comment about goblins and dancing. It wasn't a cruel laugh but an honest amused laugh at the thought of the bankers waltzing across a dance floor. Dancing and laughing together in the great hall felt surprisingly comfortable to Lola despite the butterflies dancing in her stomach. As the conversation turned to a dark cloud (Layton), Lola frowned slightly, deepening at Devonte's comment regarding his brother. "Don't be like that," Lola chided quietly, before adding looking down, "And I worry because... I- I can't help but worry about people... about people I care about." Her voice had dropped almost to a whisper at her last words, her cheeks feeling like they were on fire as she bluntly confessed her feelings.

------------------------------------------------------------------------
                                                                        {OoC}
                                                                        Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2015 7:16 pm
User Image_______________________________________
User Image

User Image

Smiling as wide as the English Channel, he enjoyed this moment because he knew it wouldn’t last. Too soon their mirrored lips had changed; hers vanished, and noticing immediately, his had faltered; it was crooked now. Tristan had noted the rarity of her smiles; often faint or fleeting or hollow. But why? Brows bristled but he discarded the thought and swept himself back into the conversation. ”Luck? Or coincidence?” Tristan said at long last, catching her eyes. ”Well I’m glad you came,” he said with earnest, ”You probably just saved some poor blokes' from the trauma of what’s leftover of the Belch Powder I got from our last trip to Hogsmeade.” He joked, snickering in the process. Well, mostly joking anyway, the thought had crossed his mind once or twice but that would’ve required a hasty retreat back to his dormitory to stock up—he hadn’t expected to need it, after all, and besides, that was more of his sister. Effy’s the prankster, Tristan can’t be humorous in that sense; he’s just plain mean. Not that he ever means too! It just…happens.

It was easy to be distracted by the mood, Valentine’s Day has that certain effect on people; teenagers especially. Thirteen hardly counted as a teenager, his mum was often keen to remind him, but it was close enough, and he was moody enough, too. But he wasn’t moody now; in fact, he was… well he didn’t know what he was. Jittery and anxious, maybe even nervous and… and… Tristan just couldn’t put a finger on it. His smile was a goofy one when she thanked him, then he shrugged his shoulders and with a muted sigh, he said, ”Thanks… I guess… Feel like I stick out like a sore thumb, none of the other blokes are wearing dress robes as old as these.” Suddenly vulnerable—a feeling he certainly was not used too—Tristan coughed behind a closed fist trying to deny just how far back these robes probably went in his family, knowing the Hastings', and instead decidedly followed up with a much more confident, ”Doesn’t matter though. I do look right wicked in this, don’t I?”

Slicking back his hair to keep it in place, Tristan nodded and agreed, ”That is lucky.” No pets—not even one? He envied that. So many mornings after the full moon, Demeter would hiss at his early morning arrival, nearly waking up his dorm mates, lucky they slept like rocks and lucky he learned the cheering charm, which distracted the damn feline enough for him to make a getaway to the lavatories and wash up. Glazed eyes drifted over the hall, watching everything but seeing nothing until Sybil’s voice caught his attention again. He snorted under his breath and shrugged dramatically, ”Bloody hell if I know.” This was the first dance he’s ever been too, and the music and people and laughter and dancing, it was so loud; the food, the sweat, the perfume and cologne; it was so hard to concentrate. ”I-err—I, I dunno? We could always go outside to the gardens, it’s quieter?” Tristan stumbled at first as he asked her hopefully. Peace and quiet would be nice, he’d managed to drown out the world for so long but now, trying to hone in on her voice was like a needle in a haystack sometimes.

[OOC: ]

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
                                          LOCATION:: great hall】 【COMPANY:: Sybil
                                          ATTIRE:: dress robes】 【STATS:: Slytherin, 5'2", 118lbs

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

stitchkin babe

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 8:33 pm
User Image

User Image

Fourth Year │ Slytherin │ Chaser

Devonte smiled softly at her words, keeping quiet for a moment as he thought on what to say. He could feel his heart pounding against his chest almost violently as he potential words scattered in his brain, trying to string something together that would sound right, and he wouldn't have been surprised if Lola could feel his heart beating against his chest too. Finally, he spoke. "I, uh.. I care about you too. A lot. And if we're being honest here, I think about you a lot." His cheeks went as red as a tomato almost immediately when he said those last words, and he couldn't help but lean in and give her a quick kiss on the cheek. He really was crazy.

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

User ImageUser ImageUser Image

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 3:56 am
User Image

Lola felt that she could die from the fire that spread across her cheeks when Devonte pecked one and then the thumping in her chest. Surely a heart wasn't meant to beat that fast? She had been kissed on the cheek plenty of times, nymphs were naturally affectionate and forward creatures and she had grown up among enough of them, but this was different. Humans were different. And boys were different. Especially Devonte. She tried to pry for the logical part of her mind but for the moment came up with nothing till finally she managed to take a deep breath, clearing ever so slightly the light headed feeling that fogged her mind. "As more than a friend? Like in a..." She paused and if she could have turned any redder she would have as she paused and said in a rush, "BecauseI'velikedyouforagesassomethingmore." She managed a hopeful smile as she looked up to Devonte waiting and hoping for him to say something, anything, or anything that returned her sentiment.

{OoC}
                                                                        Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 7:05 am
User Image
❤ Cathaline Acacia League ❤ a.k.a. Cathyxxxxx
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
xxxxxxxxx <7th Year>
Looking: Flawless

------------------------------------------------------------------------xx

Cathy was relieved she was able to ease what seemed like Jean's nerves. And they began to dance a bit more at ease. Instead of looking at their feet, Jean's bright green eyes had found hers. This was how dancing should be done, especially with someone you liked, and Cathy had adored Jean for years. At least things had worked out properly for her to finally get with the guy that she liked the best. It was like a fairy tale and she was the princess, exactly like she was so often told things were in her life, even if it wasn't entirely true. Then again even fairy tales had strife and conflict to overcome.

"But it is... or it is for me," Cathy said blushing. "I know it's kind of stupid and it really isn't practical but I grew up knowing I had a role. Everyone has a role and my role in the story was to be the happy and pretty one. Even when things are bad or sad, I'm not supposed to show it. Sad is ugly and happy is pretty in the most basic terms."

She smiled some and nodded when he said what doesn't kill you makes you stronger, it was trite, and it probably wasn't entirely true, but it was true often enough. "Exactly. I figured this was my time to really grow up and mature. I mean there's a difference between being properly upset about something you have every right not to be happy about and being depressed and unable to do anything. And there's a difference between facing things with a happy face despite bad outcomes and pretending nothing awful happened at all. When... When Mum got killed I tried to do the second, just pretend it away. It worked pretty good but it wasn't right. With Dad... especially with Dad... I want to, no, I need to, act differently. I think I am. It's a work in progress, like anything, though."

"Sorry for being all depressing, this is a happy holiday, our first Valentine's together, talking about psycho killers isn't fitting for it," Cathy said. "Reflecting too long on things or people that are messed up gives them power over you. Besides, I know Dad and Mum would rather me enjoy my last year the best I can. And I know Dad would adore you. Mum too."

She smiled as the continued to dance and the conversation turned to bludgers and quidditch, "I guess if you are right about dodging bludgers then I am pretty amazing at handling them. I might not be the strongest when I get hit with one but I'm one of the best at dodging them. And, yeah, Eli is pretty great. Shame he isn't a Hufflepuff because that would help me out more. Either way I have to say I'm pretty proud of my Puffs. I just hope when I get on a national team, because I've got to and if I try my best on try outs if I don't get scouted I'm sure I'll be accepted, that I'll be a part of team as great as the one that Rider and I worked to make."

{OoC: }
                                                Jade Galaksylph

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 5:57 pm
User Image

User Image

He wouldn't have believed it if he hadn't been feeling it himself, but his heart beat even faster that it started to hurt. It felt like it was about to jump out of his chest and up his throat while he anxiously awaited her reaction to his insane move. When she spoke, he couldn't help but smile and nod other than actually say something. After a bit of hesitation, he gulped and was able to manage to spit something out. "I'd think that kiss would speak for itself.." he said softly, just loud enough for her to hear. He tensed up as she suddenly said something else in a rush, and he had to run it through his head multiple times just to figure out what was just said. "That kind of makes me wonder if we should make what we have something more, then." It was the moment he had been contemplating on all night, and lots of nights before. It just came down to what Lola would say back.

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2015 4:07 am
User Image

Lola was surprised she had found her voice so easily to answer, sounding to her chagrin much like a know-it-all Ravenclaw, "But a kiss on the cheek could mean a lot of things. Many cultures mean that just as a greeting... I mean my mother kisses everyone on the cheek just as a hello and..." She finally stopped herself and said, red faced, "Sorry. I mean I should have known with you, but I just wanted to make sure. It's stupid, I know."

After her rushed confession she waited for Devonte's response. She could sense him tensing up and she wondered if she was too forward. If she thought wrong and maybe it was too much. When Devonte finally spoke, managing to decipher her rushed confession, Lola smiled. What they were Lola had never been entirely sure of, but friends would be the best word for Devonte and her odd relationship. And it was an odd relationship. Devonte was a purist and Lola was the daughter of a halfblood wizard and a nymph-she was a halfbreed, a changeling. Devonte tended to dislike Ravenclaws because they were know-it-alls, but Lola was a Ravenclaw. Lola was afraid of being hated for what she was and yet felt drawn to Devonte despite his sometimes prickly personality. "I would like that," She answered, thinking it best not to point out the irony that both Bannister brothers had a habit of confessing properly to the girls they liked on St. Valentine's Day.

{OoC}
                                                                        Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:03 pm
User Image

User Image

Devonte stopped himself from rolling his eyes as Lola defended her confusion on what that kiss on the cheek may have meant, and just smiled instead. It was kind of cute. "It's not stupid. Maybe I should've snogged you in the corner to make it easier to understand what I meant?" He said jokingly, his smile curving into a light smirk at the thought. It probably would've been a bit too forward if he had.

He nodded and smiled brightly again, a bit disappointed in himself that he had managed to ask out Lola on the same day that Layton had asked out Selina, but some things just couldn't have been helped. And he supposed it wasn't that big of a deal--a bit childish, really. He was just glad he didn't have to crappily hide his feelings for her.

mc2

OOC:

━━━━━━

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:21 pm
User Image

A happy smile and the warmth of a blush spread across her cheeks when Devonte told her she wasn't being stupid. She was sure he wasn't telling the truth because she felt like she was being stupid, but the lie was comforting and she welcomed it. It felt like Devonte's own special way of emphasizing how much he liked her. When he made the joke about snogging her in the corner, Lola gasped and squeaked, "Devon!" A few odd looks were shot her way and her cheeks glowed all the brighter.

"I..." She looked down and then looked back up, "I mean I wouldn't mind... I..." She was sure her face couldn't turn any redder at her confession and quickly added, "I mean I don't know if that is such a good idea with all the professors here though."

{OoC}
                                                                        Deviled Dregs

Quote:

Quote:

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 7 8 9 10

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas