Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Back to Guilds

Our goal is to spread awareness of, lessen unwarranted hatred of, and create a safe haven for the LGBTQ community and their allies. 

Tags: Gay Straight Alliance, LGBT, homosexual, straight, transgender 

Reply The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance
Gaia less fun? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LesserDog

Savage Sex Symbol

8,375 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 1:23 am
Question: Does Gaia just feel less fun to go on? Half of the avatar clothes are expensive/require actual money, it's too saturated with shizz to buy/do, and overall, I just feel like there's just not much to do on here that's worth doing. Idk maybe it's just me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 9:26 pm
You're not the only one. At times, I find it a bore to go on. The only thing that has me remaining here are my roleplays.  

I Am John Kramer

Devoted Genius

Your_Queen_is_back

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2015 10:05 pm
I am usually more active in guilds now smile . I have not been in any games in a long time. Find out what is fun here and go with that smile heart  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:51 am
There's just nothing worth doing on here these days. The roleplaying guild I was involved in running died when I got back from hiatus, there's barely anyone online most the time, Lake Kindred is a mediocre replacement for zOMG, they don't bother with even a storyline anymore...  

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100

tiedyedtrash

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:17 pm
It definitely depends. I've noticed, from about a 2 year absence (I think, but maybe less) that it's easier to get large amounts of gold now. By a significant amount. Of course, the items are overpriced, so there's a balance.

To compensate for this, I made an avatar that looks more like myself in real life, since I am apparently very inexpensive to emulate. Who knew? Everyone! Speaking of, does anyone know how to get the attention of the site to get baja jackets (drug rugs), because those are almost all I wear now.

I've noticed Gaia is the perfect place to binge a whole bunch on, take a break for a few months, and then come back on again. Doing that just feels more rewarding- I think- than making it a chore you have to do at certain points every day. And sometimes, if you're just grinding for that gold for avatar customization, it can definitely be that way.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 4:20 pm
Skreemer
Lake Kindred is a mediocre replacement for zOMG, they don't bother with even a storyline anymore...

zOMG was the best. I played it all the time in middle school. (I was a college freshman this year before money became an issue, for reference of my age)  

tiedyedtrash

Skreemer

Wild Prophet

6,700 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Team Carl 200
  • Demonic Associate 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 5:27 pm
tiedyedtrash
Skreemer
Lake Kindred is a mediocre replacement for zOMG, they don't bother with even a storyline anymore...

zOMG was the best. I played it all the time in middle school. (I was a college freshman this year before money became an issue, for reference of my age)

I liked it so much because it put you together with all kinds of people working as a team. I had some interesting team mates. I suppose the lack of that has spurred me to want to roleplay again. Though guild roleplaying is dead or dying.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 11:14 am
I have been on gaia for so ******** long, Everytime I log in I just go WTF happened.  

Luna Breeeze

Chatty Fairy

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

cosmicqueer

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:13 pm
Luna Breeeze
I have been on gaia for so ******** long, Everytime I log in I just go WTF happened.

oh my god I relate to this so much
my original account was made in august of 05, I lost the password in 08, and then I made this one... I just took probably a year's hiatus and no one frequents my favorite hangout guild, I don't have the time to commit to roleplaying and I'm pretty sure the ones I cared about are DEAAAAD deadddd dead.

Every time I come back there's some ridiculous amount of announcements, the site is even more inundated with gaia cash bull, and I just dunno. It's ugly and sad. None of my closest online friends are ever actually online. The only one that is online is my friend on facebook so like......I don't really have a huge reason to come back either. I don't even know why I came back this time.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 8:02 am
Clarence the Zombie
Luna Breeeze

oh my god I relate to this so much
my original account was made in august of 05, I lost the password in 08, and then I made this one... I just took probably a year's hiatus and no one frequents my favorite hangout guild, I don't have the time to commit to roleplaying and I'm pretty sure the ones I cared about are DEAAAAD deadddd dead.

Every time I come back there's some ridiculous amount of announcements, the site is even more inundated with gaia cash bull, and I just dunno. It's ugly and sad. None of my closest online friends are ever actually online. The only one that is online is my friend on facebook so like......I don't really have a huge reason to come back either. I don't even know why I came back this time.
I started in June of '05 and my account was actually hacked so I have this one. As soon as Gaia Cash came out this whole site lost all its magic, I log in hoping to find those moments. I would rather be scared to enter a cyber slot room then have Gaia cash any day! I just have so much items and gold put in to it, I understand all the giveaways when the G-cash came out now. Just sad but nothing ever stays the same.  

Luna Breeeze

Chatty Fairy

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

cosmicqueer

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 10:35 am
Luna Breeeze
I started in June of '05 and my account was actually hacked so I have this one. As soon as Gaia Cash came out this whole site lost all its magic, I log in hoping to find those moments. I would rather be scared to enter a cyber slot room then have Gaia cash any day! I just have so much items and gold put in to it, I understand all the giveaways when the G-cash came out now. Just sad but nothing ever stays the same.

I really remember a time before how prevalent Gaia cash was. I think the argument was that it was the best way for the site to stay afloat but idk, it's so gross. I definitely don't like it.

Nostalgia aside, did you ever make any good friends? I really think I keep coming back because this place used to make me happy, & maybe there are still some chill people around to make friends and laughs with.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 11:03 am
Clarence the Zombie
Luna Breeeze

I really remember a time before how prevalent Gaia cash was. I think the argument was that it was the best way for the site to stay afloat but idk, it's so gross. I definitely don't like it.

Nostalgia aside, did you ever make any good friends? I really think I keep coming back because this place used to make me happy, & maybe there are still some chill people around to make friends and laughs with.
I most definitely did make friends here. One of my High School friends has been with her man for almost 10years 3 kids and they met ON GAIA!! I met a couple people in my are as well none for relationship purposes. lol But I did have so many awesome people messaging me all the time friends friends and fun!! Never been anything like it before or since. emo  

Luna Breeeze

Chatty Fairy

7,950 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200

cosmicqueer

Sparkly Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:48 pm
Luna Breeeze
Clarence the Zombie
Luna Breeeze

I most definitely did make friends here. One of my High School friends has been with her man for almost 10years 3 kids and they met ON GAIA!! I met a couple people in my are as well none for relationship purposes. lol But I did have so many awesome people messaging me all the time friends friends and fun!! Never been anything like it before or since. emo

Guh. I'm really happy that your friend and her husband were able to start a family. It's cool when people meet in silly ways and end up perfect for each other.

I dated on here like once, but I was a child and it was a terrible experience, haaaa.

Hi, Luna. My name's Ollie. Nice to meet you~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:50 pm
Luna Breeeze

Same, seriously! I've been on and off for a decade; it kinda blows my mind.

And to answer the OP's question, I definitely feel the same. It seems a little harder to meet people now too?

blue burrow

Fashionable Phantom

S St Stutters

Lonely Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 7:56 am
As a Gaian relic from 2003, I have to say, some of the changes made were good, but everything after the skittles thing.. got involved.. it just went the wrong way and never recovered.  
The Gaian Gay-Straight Alliance

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff