Welcome to Gaia! ::

Darth Daddicus' Evil Sith Temple!

Back to Guilds

Join us or die! 

Tags: Star Wars, Booty Grab, Aquariums, Games, Prizes 

Reply Guild Offices/Rooms and Chatter (For all!)
So...About That Star Wars (may contain spoilers)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Heliko pylori

Dapper Darling

PostPosted: Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:03 pm
I couldn't think of anywhere better to discuss this topic so I trotted myself on over only to find...no star wars related threads?!?! eek I am out of the guild loop so if there is a thread within the guild please direct me to it!

I see that people are talking in the chatterbox on the main forum. I'll leave this here anyway. biggrin

So let us discuss:
Who has seen the movie
What are your thoughts
Did you see it on opening night
Anything Star Wars related

I saw it on opening night; the 10pm screening. gonk Me, my boyfriend and some coworkers waited in line for two hours (it's okay because we were at the very front of it). I'll be honest, I didn't want to go because it was on a Thursday and I had to work the next day (didn't get home until about 1am). But, I'm glad I did go. It was enjoyable and wasn't disappointing but for those of you who have seen it, you know why. My bf and I went back this week and saw it in 3D. Soooooo disappointing. Totally ruined the movie for me. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 8:09 am
Heliko pylori
I couldn't think of anywhere better to discuss this topic so I trotted myself on over only to find...no star wars related threads?!?! eek I am out of the guild loop so if there is a thread within the guild please direct me to it!

I see that people are talking in the chatterbox on the main forum. I'll leave this here anyway. biggrin

So let us discuss:
Who has seen the movie
What are your thoughts

I saw it on opening night; the 10pm screening. gonk Me, my boyfriend and some coworkers waited in line for two hours (it's okay because we were at the very front of it). I'll be honest, I didn't want to go because it was on a Thursday and I had to work the next day (didn't get home until about 1am). But, I'm glad I did go. It was enjoyable and wasn't disappointing but for those of you who have seen it, you know why. My bf and I went back this week and saw it in 3D. Soooooo disappointing. Totally ruined the movie for me. sweatdrop

I'm sorry I hadn't seen this post until now, but I didn't have internet at the time. John Boyega is a terrific actor and he's probably the one actor who is going to make the sequels worth watching just as much as Harrison Ford did for the original trilogy and Ewan McGregor did for the prequels. Of course, the only thing I'm upset about at all is the fact that my tower of Star Wars novels are now no longer a part of the canon. That was a disappointment. I also do not like the current character development of Kylo Ren. Like, what is he? Some emo bratty kid who just wants to rebel against his parents? However, Luke and Anakin were just as big a whinebag as he is when they were his age, so I suppose it runs in the Skywalker gene pool. Starkiller Base's possibility of even existing is ludicrous as well. If it burns the Sun as it uses it's energy, how will it sustain life? I prefer the mechanized version of the Death Star. It seems as if though the Death Star would also be cheaper to produce instead of having to bore through an entire planet. I can't wait to see Hamill in the sequels but I've already had enough of Leia. I was not disappointed with Han's fate at all. It was time and it was an acceptable ending for him. The unstable crystal saber effect is cool, but I would have liked the two side offshoots to face in a curve toward the center blade as that would make more sense than just randomly spitting out of the sides, but I suppose it's justifiable as a necessary evil because of the use of the unstable crystal. John Boyega's acting and Mark Hamill's possible acting improvements from all of the work he's been doing since the original trilogy will definitely bring me back.  

Darth Daddicus
Vice Captain

Ruthless Leader

30,525 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Survivor 150
  • Megathread 100

Heliko pylori

Dapper Darling

PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 6:43 am
Darth Daddicus

I'm sorry I hadn't seen this post until now, but I didn't have internet at the time. John Boyega is a terrific actor and he's probably the one actor who is going to make the sequels worth watching just as much as Harrison Ford did for the original trilogy and Ewan McGregor did for the prequels. Of course, the only thing I'm upset about at all is the fact that my tower of Star Wars novels are now no longer a part of the canon. That was a disappointment. I also do not like the current character development of Kylo Ren. Like, what is he? Some emo bratty kid who just wants to rebel against his parents? However, Luke and Anakin were just as big a whinebag as he is when they were his age, so I suppose it runs in the Skywalker gene pool. Starkiller Base's possibility of even existing is ludicrous as well. If it burns the Sun as it uses it's energy, how will it sustain life? I prefer the mechanized version of the Death Star. It seems as if though the Death Star would also be cheaper to produce instead of having to bore through an entire planet. I can't wait to see Hamill in the sequels but I've already had enough of Leia. I was not disappointed with Han's fate at all. It was time and it was an acceptable ending for him. The unstable crystal saber effect is cool, but I would have liked the two side offshoots to face in a curve toward the center blade as that would make more sense than just randomly spitting out of the sides, but I suppose it's justifiable as a necessary evil because of the use of the unstable crystal. John Boyega's acting and Mark Hamill's possible acting improvements from all of the work he's been doing since the original trilogy will definitely bring me back.

It's okay. I know you've been going through some stuff and internet hasn't always been there. At the time I thought everyone who rushed to see the movie would want to talk about it and since there wasn't already a thread I figured why not make one for the fans to pour their hears out in. 4laugh

Agreed. John Boyega did a fantastic job. I really enjoyed his character. I was sitting there thinking, “what kind of sorry storm trooper is this?” But, I enjoyed thinking that because so far storm troopers have just been cannon fodder with no real background. I was kind of hesitant with the whole “liar reveal” thing but I liked that they cut it short instead of having it be one of the big things at the end. Granted, I didn't really buy Finn's back story from the point of view of his superiors with the whole “we've never had a problem out of him before” deal. He didn't fire his gun when they did the raid at the start of the movie, even just to pretend to shoot stuff, and he couldn't even make it back to his quarters before having a panic attack. Someone who is so...reserved and obviously unable to even pretend to be “one of them” would stand out like a sore thumb. Even if he was reprogrammed or whatever they called the training, they would be keeping an eye on him because of the type of personality he displayed.

I enjoyed the character of Kylo better than that of Anakin. Anakin irritated me to no end and I just wanted him to die whenever he appeared on the screen. Kylo was emo and whiny but Anakin needed a shrink and some meds to help him cope. Kylo's ambition made sense to me. I started to call him Vader 2.0 because that's all I saw him as. For whatever reason his grandfather was his hero and like all kids, he wanted to be just like him. There were times where he tried to be mature but he is just a kid and kids throw tantrum's when things aren't going their way (especially teens/young adults). I actually thought his tantrum's funny, especially when the storm troopers turned around and started to walk in the other direction. lol Just something I think we all can relate to.

I thought the whole base, weapon, death star thing was blah. Obviously they played it safe and the whole movie was just Episode 7 with some new characters so I'll let it slide but if I see another death star or something similar...someone is going to be in trouble. How many times can you blow up the same freakin' thing.

Seeing Leia again was meh. Yay that she's there but I didn't get the scene with her and Ray after Han's death. I thought Leia and Chewy would have been hugging it out considering the close relationship each of them had with Han. Leia and Ray hugging it out while Chewy just wandered off somewhere in the background made no sense to me. And speaking of Han, his death was very mediocre and predictable. For them to keep it a secret and give us fans no clue, they foreshadowed the crap out of it in the movie. It was very cliché. I didn't have the “gasp! Oh my gosh! Noooo! Not Han!” moment that I was expecting because I knew what was going to happen just from that one line about Kylo proving himself worthy of the darkside. Once you put together that + he's Han's kid + the whole “bring our son back” deal =....yea, pretty obvious.

I think if my bf hadn't explained the unstable crystal, saber thing to me, I don't think I would have gotten why it was shooting out of the sides from the movie. Granted, it's been a while now since I last saw it but from what I can remember it wasn't heavily explained. That or I just don't know star wars story enough to know that unstable crystal means you get stuff shooting out of the side of your lightsaber. I would understand why it looked so jagged and not smooth but for it to shoot out of the side like that meant there had to be open ports for it to do so. I don't know. Maybe I just don't get it. Lol.

I am looking forward to seeing more of Mark and John in the other movies. I just hope the other two movies are done just as well but without repeat story lines.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 9:08 pm
Darth Daddicus
Heliko pylori

So let us discuss:
Who has seen the movie
What are your thoughts

I agree Kylo Ren is a pathetic Sith if he's the best Snoke can dish out then Luke and Rey could easily win to be honest the army itself​ is more terrifying then this new Sith Lord who is a wannabe Darth Vader he thinks he can surpass Vader but no one can. Vader was ruthless Kylo Ren just had daddy issues cause little Ben thought his parents abandoned him. At this point it's sad Rey who had no training knocked this sorry excuse for a Sith on his rear who was trained by Luke himself you would think he would have more of a fight in him. Personally I think Finn would make a great Jedi if he has connections to the force.  

Zora Champion Sidon

Enthusiastic Sex Symbol

12,290 Points
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Guild Offices/Rooms and Chatter (For all!)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games