Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
ᴀ нąηġ ᴏůᴛ ᴛɦяead Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:37 am
Saikii
Garland-Green
Saikii
I'm not doing science, but I'm still alive.

Neither am I. Wondering. Are you a fellow European?
Nah. I'm an American. Nice to meet you, though. I hope you're doing well.

Europe's been going through quite the change from what I've heard. I've been worried about some friends over there. I'm in America and it got me worried because I really thought the world might end right there with prophecies and all, but someone told me there are a few things that need to happen first.

Nice to meet you as well. I am doing fairly well. How are you?

It is much the same things that America is struggling with. The same issues; abortion, sexual freedom vs religious rights, unemployment, unstable economy, refugees etc. The same changes in general attitudes and society. It is very different than it was when I grew up. Very strange to see the world change so fast.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 6:38 am
Punkin the Poodle
WOW! I feel like I defeated a giant tonight. All I had to do was "sling my stone", and bam! I feel liberated from my recent troubles, and it's amazing!!! Who knew giant temptations and problems, which weighed down on my spiritual and emotional well-being, could be taken down so easily? Hurr durrrr.

God is the strongest Weapon, Encourager, and Guide of all! I can't describe my gratitude. aslkadfjklsf. rofl

I hope I am not being intrusive, but it is always nice and uplifting to hear what kind of giants fall. What was the giant? ninja  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:04 am
OtakuKat
Yasha Victoria
Yeah, why doesn't this have a 'subscribe' button anyway? Hahaha! yum_puddi

Gaia should make that a feature for guilds.

I don't think there is enough revenue from guilds that Gaia would consider putting time, money and effort into updating the features...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 8:11 am
We should all tell something about ourselves. Something no one knows. Just for fun!

I prefer my own company to others. Big groups and social gatherings are frightening to me. However I push myself to go against this preference and fear because I think it would be advantageous to others and myself that I socialize with them.

I don't see myself as a very eloquent person and I don't like confrontation - online or offline. Those are all things that I am working on. Pushing myself to say uncomfortable things needing to be said.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 2:25 pm
Garland-Green
neuroseas
Garland-Green

Still and always. mrgreen How are things with you?

Getting by!

How how are you brother? And how has your wife been doing?

I am glad to hear that.

I am still unemployed and looking for something more stable than temp work. Been planing on going back to school, maybe after the new year. We will see how things work out. Hope fully my wife will have recuperated so much that she will then be able to make food for herself and take care of the house. I am trying not to let it get me down, being unemployed.

My wife is sicker than she was before. She damaged her back so she is not able to stand for very long. It makes it hard for me to be gone from the house since she needs a lot of assistance during the day.

Very sorry to hear you are in a bit of a rough patch at the moment. Said a prayer for you both, brother. I will continue to keep you in my prayers heart

Has she considered wearing a back brace for the time being? I bought one for myself from a corner store.. They are also cheap online, too.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:03 pm
Garland-Green
We should all tell something about ourselves. Something no one knows. Just for fun!

I prefer my own company to others. Big groups and social gatherings are frightening to me. However I push myself to go against this preference and fear because I think it would be advantageous to others and myself that I socialize with them.

I don't see myself as a very eloquent person and I don't like confrontation - online or offline. Those are all things that I am working on. Pushing myself to say uncomfortable things needing to be said.

Hmm... Something no one knows.

Well, I like to watch youtube videos. I really do enjoy Vigilant Christian's channel on YT..  

olisea

Muse

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:01 am
neuroseas
Garland-Green
neuroseas
Garland-Green

Still and always. mrgreen How are things with you?

Getting by!

How how are you brother? And how has your wife been doing?

I am glad to hear that.

I am still unemployed and looking for something more stable than temp work. Been planing on going back to school, maybe after the new year. We will see how things work out. Hope fully my wife will have recuperated so much that she will then be able to make food for herself and take care of the house. I am trying not to let it get me down, being unemployed.

My wife is sicker than she was before. She damaged her back so she is not able to stand for very long. It makes it hard for me to be gone from the house since she needs a lot of assistance during the day.

Very sorry to hear you are in a bit of a rough patch at the moment. Said a prayer for you both, brother. I will continue to keep you in my prayers heart

Has she considered wearing a back brace for the time being? I bought one for myself from a corner store.. They are also cheap online, too.

My wife is overweight and so it is impossible for her to find back-braces that are her size. She has tried everything in an attempt to lose weight but no luck. It is virtually impossible to lose weight when you can't move because of pain. It is really frustrating for her, since she cuts down to a very low caloric intake yet lose very little weight. She tried buying some online but they were no good.

Thank you for your prayers! They are much appreciated. heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2016 6:03 am
neuroseas
Garland-Green

Hmm... Something no one knows.

Well, I like to watch youtube videos. I really do enjoy Vigilant Christian's channel on YT..

I added him to my likes on facebook, so I watch his videos occasionally.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Your Dramatic Angel

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 8:41 pm
Garland-Green
Punkin the Poodle
WOW! I feel like I defeated a giant tonight. All I had to do was "sling my stone", and bam! I feel liberated from my recent troubles, and it's amazing!!! Who knew giant temptations and problems, which weighed down on my spiritual and emotional well-being, could be taken down so easily? Hurr durrrr.

God is the strongest Weapon, Encourager, and Guide of all! I can't describe my gratitude. aslkadfjklsf. rofl

I hope I am not being intrusive, but it is always nice and uplifting to hear what kind of giants fall. What was the giant? ninja
The snare of New Age spirituality! I always knew aliens and ascended masters and everything else were all demonic and sorcery, but I still dabbled because I felt like I had a name to my identity as a unique and misunderstood person. I could relate to it.

I also cut ties with the New Age friends I had made out of awareness that I'm straying from God. I'm not good at connecting with people on a deep, powerful level. The only person I ever felt close to was this 24-year-old woman who tutored me in Chemistry when I was 16. She was a Christian I had never met before in my life. Her faith in God was inspiringly powerful. I've never met such a genuine servant of Christ. God called her to go to Australia, so I had to say goodbye to my new spiritual sister. Later on, I met these girls on the Internet who were into the occult, and we had a lot in common. I was friends with them for a while, but I could never feel that incredible bond again. Mainly, I'm just lonely and hungering for friendship on a godly level.

After leaving the group of girls, I was struck with a spiritual high and posted my message about defeating a giant. Currently, I'm uncertain about where my life will lead. I'm trying to find a job that's not just a job to earn money... I don't care about the money. I'm just distressed because I want to have a job in something I truly enjoy and not feel like a slave to society. I'm going to pray about what to do with my life and let Him take away my stress. I'm spiritually lonely. I was thinking of being part of a church staff, but I don't know how to do that. I'm "not ready", according to God, to go on the mission He intends to send me on. Right now, my life is in limbo state. I'm just existing, not living. I'm reading the Bible more now and praying more. I'm an embarrassment and a fool of a servant, but my dream is still to die for the One who died for me.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2016 9:06 pm
Random fact about me:

Well, maybe you all have already sensed it, but I'm more intense and passionate than the average person. I feel all my emotions strongly, and sometimes I intimidate other people with my feelings, not on purpose. I am often told to "calm down," "chill," and "tone it down a little." I try to stifle it, but it's hard, and I don't like how suffocating it is to suppress my ginormous inner fire. One doctor thought I had bipolar disorder, but another doctor disagreed and said I wasn't bipolar. I was diagnosed with ADD (ADHD is the older name for it), however. My mom says my intensity is not good, but I think she's not entirely correct. Yes, I have anger issues, and my anger is terrifying. But, I have channeled my intensity into worship and creativity, producing amazing effects. And I'm sure that's how I was simply born, to feel powerfully, and I can glorify God with my fire.

I have the spiritual gift of Burden Bearing, the biblical version of psychic Empathy. This intense gift makes me feel alive. When I feel empathy for others, it's overwhelming but the most beautiful thing about humanity I ever experienced.  

Your Dramatic Angel

Your Dramatic Angel

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2016 6:04 pm
I got a PM from somebody... So this avatar is not okay? I meant to be silly and represent a catfish, but I guess it's just not funny to you all. neutral

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Thank you for the "Rascal the Alley Cat" item, by the way!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:22 am
Punkin Luvs U
Garland-Green
Punkin the Poodle

The snare of New Age spirituality! I always knew aliens and ascended masters and everything else were all demonic and sorcery, but I still dabbled because I felt like I had a name to my identity as a unique and misunderstood person. I could relate to it.

I also cut ties with the New Age friends I had made out of awareness that I'm straying from God. I'm not good at connecting with people on a deep, powerful level. The only person I ever felt close to was this 24-year-old woman who tutored me in Chemistry when I was 16. She was a Christian I had never met before in my life. Her faith in God was inspiringly powerful. I've never met such a genuine servant of Christ. God called her to go to Australia, so I had to say goodbye to my new spiritual sister. Later on, I met these girls on the Internet who were into the occult, and we had a lot in common. I was friends with them for a while, but I could never feel that incredible bond again. Mainly, I'm just lonely and hungering for friendship on a godly level.

After leaving the group of girls, I was struck with a spiritual high and posted my message about defeating a giant. Currently, I'm uncertain about where my life will lead. I'm trying to find a job that's not just a job to earn money... I don't care about the money. I'm just distressed because I want to have a job in something I truly enjoy and not feel like a slave to society. I'm going to pray about what to do with my life and let Him take away my stress. I'm spiritually lonely. I was thinking of being part of a church staff, but I don't know how to do that. I'm "not ready", according to God, to go on the mission He intends to send me on. Right now, my life is in limbo state. I'm just existing, not living. I'm reading the Bible more now and praying more. I'm an embarrassment and a fool of a servant, but my dream is still to die for the One who died for me.

That is really great! Being involved in something you know to be a lie will in my opinion eventually lead you back to bondage. I get how it is to not be able to bond with people and the desire we all have for fellowship. It can be dangerous though when it becomes unhealthy and we are willing to compromise on important issues just to feel a belonging. Friendship isn't worth losing your soul over, but you know that from what I am reading. Have you tried looking for a church? A good church would provided you with the godly company you have a desire for.

Where ever we are, what ever work we have - however unsatisfying it seem to us - has a purpose. Look at what Paul, or rather God says through Paul to those who are slaves;

Colossians 3:22-24
Slaves, obey your earthly masters in everything, not only to please them while they are watching, but with sincerity of heart and fear of the Lord.
Whatever you do, work at it with your whole being, for the Lord and not for men, because you know that you will receive an inheritance from the Lord as your reward. It is the Lord Christ you are serving.…

You are serving Christ by working at a job you may not like or may not have a choice in accepting, but working in/on it; "with your whole being".  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:01 pm
hello all! Or whichever subset of "all" that sees this...
I just want to chat, someone chat with me!
ya know, in the slow, it'll take one or two replies a day sort of chat...
sweatdrop
anyway...where are you from? I'm in Michigan in USA
what else...bah, maybe I'm not good at this.
who has children? Anyone? ages? mine are all getting older, but still living at home...well, not technically my middle child and only boy, he's 19 and living at Teen Challenge at the moment, he graduated the program and is an "emerging leader" there...
if you aren't familiar with Teen Challenge, it's a 14 month Christian based program that helps people overcome any life-altering addiction...my son was going down a wrong path, got into drugs and couldn't seem to get out, but Praise God, he's doing great now and I'm super proud of him!
All my children actually, very proud of them all. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2017 10:45 pm
clearly this guild doesn't get used for talking much, just coping and pasting a lot from other sites mainly seems like...
well, bless y'all, probably not going to visit much then  

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:52 am
Aoife
hello all! Or whichever subset of "all" that sees this...
I just want to chat, someone chat with me!
ya know, in the slow, it'll take one or two replies a day sort of chat...
sweatdrop
anyway...where are you from? I'm in Michigan in USA
what else...bah, maybe I'm not good at this.
who has children? Anyone? ages? mine are all getting older, but still living at home...well, not technically my middle child and only boy, he's 19 and living at Teen Challenge at the moment, he graduated the program and is an "emerging leader" there...
if you aren't familiar with Teen Challenge, it's a 14 month Christian based program that helps people overcome any life-altering addiction...my son was going down a wrong path, got into drugs and couldn't seem to get out, but Praise God, he's doing great now and I'm super proud of him!
All my children actually, very proud of them all. 3nodding

Greetings! I am from Norway, but my wife is from Michigan like you.
We have no children, but a lot of pets. She is soon 27 and I am 36. We met here on Gaia. I are going through some hard times with her being sick an unable to get any monetary support and me being unable to find a job because of the job situation in Norway. Hopefully we won't have to move in with my parents and sell/give away everything. Mostly it is the pets it is going to be hard to give away. Especially the dogs. They become like a family member in a way a goldfish for example can't.
Pray for us whoever reads this.

It is really awesome that you son overcame the addiction. That can be very very hard. There really is no shame in getting help.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff