Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
ᴀ нąηġ ᴏůᴛ ᴛɦяead Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:57 am
Aoife
clearly this guild doesn't get used for talking much, just coping and pasting a lot from other sites mainly seems like...
well, bless y'all, probably not going to visit much then

Many people are too busy to take time to write or have other reasons for not writing. I don't feel like I can twist their hands to make them write here or say to them that their memberships are revoked because they are too quiet. The purpose of the guild is to make people read the Bible and I think quite a few of them read the daily announcements where the Bible is posted verse by verse. If they do they are serving the purpose of the guild. Inactivity is also not something that is unique to this guild. I am a member of several other guild where there is virtually no activity from any of the members, be it the Captain or the average member. Copying and pasting is only as good as what is being copied and pasted. I attempt to keep centered around what I consider good Christian topics for learning purposes because I know that even though the majority of the guild doesn't talk very much there are quite a few who read the copied topics that are made.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:50 pm
I thought I left a reply here the other day, but I see it's missing, so I must nat have entered it or something... xd xd
first, thank you for your replies!
second, the guild is what it is, I was hoping for more of a discussion type thing, I do plenty of my own devotions at home, I do not need this for that, no am I up for debate really...
encouragement and discussion in relationship is appealing to me, not so much the other stuff...and that's fine if this isn't that, it is what it is, no biggie, clearly it's been around many many years doing just fine at what it is doing.
thirdly, I remember praying for your wife before, and I will/have prayed for her again as she comes to my mind, is it the same health issues over the years or different ones?
I have been taking communion at home for healing in my body and it is coming, slowly, day by day, but God is faithful! I heard an amazing teaching on the link between communion and healing and started doing it at home as well, and it's been a blessing!
I'll also be praying for you to find the right work of your hands for God to bless...
and I didn't know you met your wife here on Gaia, and then got married...even living in different countries!!! That is amazing to me! I mean, really amazing!  

Aoife

Beloved Worshipper

KamiiBunny

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 6:42 pm
Garland-Green

1 Thessalonians 5:10-11
He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

What do you mean by awake or asleep?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 3:27 pm
Hi heart heart heart heart heart heart heart  

yummycupcakessparkles

12,950 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100

Vondra

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:34 am
*Walks in and looks around.* Hello?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 4:39 pm
KamiiBunny
Garland-Green

1 Thessalonians 5:10-11
He died for us so that, whether we are awake or asleep, we may live together with him. Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.

What do you mean by awake or asleep?

I am thinking it may have something to do with His presence both while being alive and being dead. Those that are dead in Christ are not dead in the sense that those who died without Christ are. They are present with the Lord. Paul used "asleep" a to describe those brothers and sisters who are no longer with us (1 Corinthians 15:18, 1 Corinthians 15:6
& 1 Thessalonians 4:14). Not to be confused with soul sleep though. They are not asleep in the sense that they are unconscious.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Lady of the Royal Forest

Backwoods Camper

12,650 Points
  • Fusion Master 1000
  • Power of Friendship 100
  • Small Blind 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 8:47 am
Hello! I would like to help keep this guild afloat and active.
So I am here to chat!
I will repeatedly be checking this thread and the rest of the guild
so if anyone shows up I am around to chat surprised

Hope everyone is having a blessed day!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2019 10:32 am
Oh hey a chat thread. Lookythere  

11 Cardinal 11

Kur0Nek03

Chatty Smoker

8,425 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:56 am
Came here to share this:
My eyes are moist, more than usual, anyway.

11 Cardinal 11
Oh hey a chat thread. Lookythere

Just what I was looking for 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:09 pm
Her voice is lovely  

11 Cardinal 11

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers