Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply 古[} Recycle Bin
Fix-it! Megathread

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2016 12:38 pm
Hello all,

In response to some feedback we've gotten recently, we're starting a thread about fixing broken things! Be it unclear wording or just plain insanity, if you come across something that you don't get or just doesn't seem right, post it here and we'll fix it as best we can! If you think you've got a solution to a problem pointed out by you or someone else, there's no sense in holding back, is there? Have something waiting in the wings that you think would benefit the guild? Post it!

Known Issues:

Quote:
Tai and Buki Style descriptive ranks (probably going to take a while): Currently the names for different effects are different between different authors; this will need to be rectified. This includes their names and magnitudes, in some instances. The magnitudes SHOULD be: slightly, mildly, moderately, heavily, greatly, supremely; however, in some instances other words are used in place of these.

Quote:
Coherent explanation of descriptive ranks all in one post (will come after the above). Basically, they're there for flavor until "supremely" is reached, at which point whatever's affected is treated as a rank higher without costing an increased amount.

Quote:
Proposed Senju Chakra rebalancing (Scaling vs. Lowering the numbers): Up for debate here. Either lowering the numbers to be more in line with other bloodlines, so that a Genin Senju doesn't have quite as big a bonus over their peers, or scaling the current amount instead, so that the full Chakra bonus of the Senju is obtained over several ranks. ADDRESSED

Quote:
Sakkakugan: Rebalancing and/or splitting it into two separate bloodlines.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 4:18 am
Ergo War
AOandE

*raises hand*
Can something be done about the Sensor and Performer classes?
They kinda get the short end of the stick.
And specializing in Performer basically negates the classes themselves...

I understand why a class like Bloodline would have such low limitations, because the class specializes in their bloodline itself. However for Sensor and Performer, they both heavily rely on Ninjutsu ( and even Genjutsu for Performer ) so having such low limitations makes no sense.
It cripples the classes and it's why no one ever specializes in them, because it's simply not viable to specialize in either one.
I would understand the specialization for performer if there was some way you could use tai/buki by using instruments, but you can't.

You shouldn't have to spend a PA to get limitations you need.
Sensor is only really useful for it's sensory bonus and Performer is only viable when coupled with other classes. It needs fixed.

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:51 am
Ergo War
AOandE

I’ll address the ones already on the board before adding my own two cents to the discussion of what needs to be fixed. First off I’d like to talk about the descriptives; why go through so much trouble with them? They are hard to memorize and more often than not a burden, make things confusing, why not just go with something a little simpler and regard them based on a full rank being a 1/4,2/4,3/4 and 4/4, or dividing a rank in 6’s [like its done right now]. It is basically the same way its being done right now, only that it’ll be much clearer, everyone knows that 4 is bigger than 3, but not everyone might know that greatly is lesser than heavily [or the other way around?]. Doing it this way its just clearer, the difference is set down in numbers, not descriptives, and the difference between a 1/4 and a 2/4 will be greater accentuated vs a system based in 6, since the second is two times the first. This might not be a huge issue, but it helps with clearness in the guild, something that is desperately necessary right now.

The second one I’d like to address is the Senju rebalancing specifically since I don’t know much about the Sakkugan, and that is that I would be against the removal of the chakra pool, but not because I’m against the removal per say, but, because I believe that every bloodline needs to have its own niche, and even though the Senju have their wood, it isn’t on par with, say, the Sharingan, which has 4 passive abilities [of which only 2 can be learned] plus copying, plus the Mangekyo bonuses, or Crystal release, which has a nice defensive bonus against physical attacks, and lets not even talk about the Ice Element. I propose that the Senju gets to keep the chakra pool, but that instead its added as a scaling amount per rank up (Rank, not Title), a nice 50 [total 300 Chakra] or 55 [total 330] would be nice, and I’m more partial to the second, not the first, having it be scaling is a nerf to it at the earlier Ranks, so giving them an extra ~2 chakra per rank up is a “nice” tradeoff. Now while still in the subject of bloodlines, I do think that all bloodlines are in a very unhealthy place right now, allow me to explain why: currently, most bloodlines fall into one of two brackets: completely broken [Sharingan and Hyouton] and the rest, which seem underpowered by comparison. This unbalance in power causes some bloodlines to be chosen over others, not because of how they might fit a character, but because of how powerful they simply are, and there are three ways to fix this, the first, and the one I’m certain you won’t want to do, is to nerf both Sharingan and Hyouton [along with any other overpowered bloodlines there may be that I don’t know about]. How do you nerf them you might ask? Simple. In the case of the sharingan, give people an insentive to not search for the Mangekyo, add more Uchiha Clan techniques that don’t revolve around the Sharingan. Another option, and one that I’ve pushed for and gotten passed in many guilds back in my time as a Mod years ago, is the balancing of the Mangekyo aspects; the removal of the more overpowered techniques such as Izanami and Izanagi, and divide the techniques that remain into three brackets, of which the users can only chose one: Illusions, Ninjutsu or Susanoo, and then give the clan members the ability to choose between having the techniques in their current way, for example with Amaterasu, that the fire must be channeled and once channeled is near instant, the fire doesn’t turn off, and causes 25% blindness, or a nerfed version, where the fire doesn’t need to be channeled, but is slower, weaker [can be defeated by Water techniques one rank lower, stops burning unlike the original] and doesn’t cause blindness. Changes like these can be applied to all three sets to make them more balanced, and once achieving Eternal, the user can simply chose a second bracket of techniques, or enhance the one they already have. Hyouton is something similar, lower the power of the ice, there is no legitimate reason for it to require 3 ranks higher to destroy; the argument I’ve heard being thrown around is that its “canon” but what people need to remember is that Haku was an Oinin, a B Rank shinobi, not a D Rank like Sasuke and Naruto; Sasuke’s fire didn’t do anything to Haku, not because the Ice was incredibly strong, but because Haku himself was strong, much stronger than the people he was fighting. Nothing in the canon, or in the guild, says that Hyouton is, or should be, that strong, so that needs to be fixed as soon as possible, regardless of the actions taken regarding the rest of the bloodlines.

The second option for balancing, is bringing the rest of the bloodlines up to power with the overpowered ones. There are some of the bloodlines, such as Jinton [Iron Sand] that don’t require as much work, a slight chakra boost, a removal of hand signs for the manipulation/creation of Iron Sand, and that sort of thing, but there are some which are completely lack luster, such as Yonton [Lava] which currently has 3 purely lava techniques out of a 13 technique list, and lacks the manipulation element that most other elemental bloodlines boast of, which is key to these elemental bloodlines which is the main attractive part of them. There are many bloodlines that only need a little buff to reach the same status as the overpowered bloodlines, others that need to be addressed in a deeper fashion. The third option is a merger of the two; lowering the overpowered clans and bloodlines, and buffing the ones that aren’t, and seeing how they perform, until they reach a healthy stage. Of these, the third option is the best, but it requires more work, but the second one is the one that would yield the best results in the short run; if all the bloodlines are overpowered, none of them are, its controlled chaos. That said, the fact that Hyouton remains in its current way for so long speaks volumes about the mods, especially those in charge of it, and those that knowing the problem with the bloodline chose to participate in it, and then give the “it’s this way because its canon” excuse, the day Kishimoto joins this guild and participates in the roleplay, I’ll believe the guild is canon, if that never happens, I believe that it’s a lazy excuse to maintain certain things within the guild overpowered, because of personal preference. I’m not attacking anyone in particular, simply stating what I’ve always said when faced with this version of Sharingan and Hyouton, because it is always the same story with the two; the fact that these two bloodlines exist in their current state should raise flags about those that defend it, and their desire for balance within the Guild.

Moving away from that the last thing I want to address is customs and the freedom to create them. Why is it that in the case of weapons, someone is able to grab marbles, put them on a weapon and essentially create a custom weapon without having to put it through approval is allowed, but with, say, ninjutsu, there isn’t an equivalent? Creation of custom components, this being components that have any special or unique attributes that don’t exist within the framework of the guild, should always be approved by a moderator, because the interaction between the weapon and the character might be unhealthy for the roleplay. That aside, I propose that we remove the rule that says that custom weapons and S ranked techniques should cost 2 custom slots, we keep the cap at 8 customs, any single RPC can only create 2 S rank and 1 S+ custom technique or equipment, additionally, that we make it so that after a custom technique is learned by a healthy amount of characters, it stops consuming a custom slot for the creator, but can only be learned from someone that already knows the technique, for realism purposes. This opens the door for many possibilities, such as writing down how the technique works in a scroll and later selling it, having it stolen, and the sort, which would add an element of fun to the roleplay and deviate away from the arms race the guild is immersed in, as it would give rival villages with knowledge of the other’s jutsu arsenal something to attempt to steal, putting the focus back on the shinobi, and not the village’s technological advances. Another proposed change I would like to submit in through this forum is the creation of custom points. Custom Points would come into effect once the Shinobi consumes all 8 of their natural customs; these allow him to create more customs so long as they pay for them. I was thinking that these could be acquired at a monthly rate [1 per month] as well as could be converted from AC and Ryo [1,000 AC = 1 CP and 10,000 Ryo = 1 CP]. With this system, it would give Ryo and AC a tangible use at the later ranks in the guild, since from what I’ve seen, Ryo is seldom used.

Added to these, I have many other suggestions/complaints, but I can’t find how to voice them at the moment, but these were my bigger/most important grievances that I thought should be posted in public, because I do have others, that I am thoroughly convinced that this is not the medium through which they should be expressed.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:22 am
For Senju, I'd say that the way that's been suggested and that I personally think is the best way to deal with it is to start the Senju off with 80 chakra which is close to the other clans and not too much of a bonus. However then, to scale it so they get another 80 at chuunin, another at Jounin, and another at Konin. This way they reach the full 320 that is there already but, it makes it more than fair for everyone. This will keep them on par with genin and chuunin instead of having the bonus that they do. At this point Jounin will have been able to reach the same chakra levels as a Senju or even beyond them. And by Konin people can reach it or be beyond it via the many other methods of gaining chakra. Coming from a Senju player there is people with lots more chakra than my character at konin so I think it's within reason that they keep their full bonus just scale it so you don't have it all at once and have the imbalance that is there for a genin and even a chuunin in some cases.  

Brooy

Omnipresent Cultist

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 10:32 am
• As previously stated, I feel much of the abilities regarding the Uchiha need to be "nerfed", rebalanced with the rest of the bloodlines within this guild. General rule of thumb: if you need two pages for a single bloodline and none of the others, that is not balanced. I agree with Rexnov in that a grand balancing is greatly needed across the entire spectrum.

• The Jutsu need far more explanation in some places, removed entirely, and generally reorganized. I cannot count the number of times Tao and I have heard people outright complain about not being able to find techniques.

• Set in stone that screwing with an ecosystem has dire consequences. Like the fact Yuki became Oto. That would have killed off pretty much all wildlife, and the new plants.

• Touch up the explanation of the Formless system. Have a guide to choosing, a "walkthrough" of the process. Just the other day I was told by someone that it was explained to them that Formless techniques do not, in any way, take any Stamina or Chakra to use. This has led to further confusion that, honestly, continues to this day. With so many issues understanding it is clear that the process needs to be streamlined as far as explaining it to new members. I know that personally, I never liked the system because of how different it is explained to me every time I ask about it. And I'm not the only one who chooses to not care, or utilize, the system because it is so confusing.

• When it comes to the descriptives (Slightly, Moderately, etc), make them mean something. An example is that someone who has a "Slight" increase to speed will actually move a slight bit faster, something noticeable. This seems like a no-brainer, but I've personally gotten mixed signals on this, and at least once a week I get someone asking about these things.

• Technology: There needs to be a limit. There is a technological imbalance within this guild, with an extreme prejudice when others try to attain it despite it being already allowed in other villages. There needs to be an overall statement of how one can learn, what processes one must go through to begin to gather this information. The answer to all of that should not be "Go to Suna", though I'll not go into my reasons for saying that here. Or, alternatively, set of an "EMP" that just obliterates everything over a very low level. The reason is that more and more the guild has become more about an "arms race" than the roleplay and fun of the Shinobi. When you have one village who is so overwhelmingly advanced compared to the others, it becomes once more an arm race. It also makes the UHV a laughable enemy, as they stand no chance against such an imposing enemy. In short, the imbalance of technology simply creates a hostile environment for the villages who have none, especially when achieving that advancement "requires" going to the advanced village. In short, I feel that a more level playing feel is needed, especially when some of this technology was gotten through less than "legal" means, as far as guild rules are concerned.

• Personal Attributes: I feel there needs to be something, within the Character Creation forum, that details a guideline for creating personal attributes. I know we have one within the mod forums, but it makes no sense for us to waste time by "going out there" with PA's that are clearly not going to be allowed. Tao and I can only inform new people so many times about what is and is not okay before it becomes tedious and time consuming, but more importantly, it would help people understand what our definition of PA's is.

• General Guild Information needs to be reworked. Firstly, there needs to be set points of history. Tao, for example, was originally told that Yukigakure and Otogakure were in different locations. This was later revealed to have been false. This is only a small example of the a greater problem, as depending on the moderator you ask, the story and history of this guild changes. In the forums, and techniques, and so on the ranks are still referred to by Titles. If the guild is accepting the Title // Rank division it needs to be enforced throughout the guild.

• Fourth wall breaking. In this guild, there has been a history of aggression towards referencing non-naruto information, such as characters from other universes or dimensions, or even mentioning such things exist. This needs to be enforced across all parties. An example is that some of the older Sunagakure shinobi actually have items or abilities that reference other universes, and the village itself has entire military compounds and groups dedicated to other universes and real-world stuff. If this is a Naruto universe, than it should be, across the board. No favorites being played, no grandfathering, and no allowances. In this case I do speak with bias, as I was readily attacked by members of this guild for having a character from another universe, even referencing another universe, while specific people remained suspiciously silent on the matter.

• Takumi sold items should actually serve a purpose. Most of the items, in fact, serve absolutely no purpose outside of buying weapons and armor. While some have a use, others are, as was described to me, for "flavor". This is entirely a waste of time, giving the "pro-power" mentality this guild gives at every turn. Now, I do understand the desire for people to have their own businesses, but in all honesty there really isn't much support for such a situation.

• Gimagakure. I keep getting told that villages are not aware of it. I should probably not have to explain how silly that is, giving the cold-hard fact that NPC's travel, go places, and as a center of odd trades someway, somehow, there is going to be knowledge coming out of it. And thus the "hidden" nature of it makes absolutely no sense.

Now, yeah, I'm known as someone who "makes waves", but the questions have come up from multiple members, not just myself. I will explain specifics if so desired, just PM me. If anyone takes issue with anything I've said, also feel free to PM me. As long as are are talking civilly I will be cordial.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:41 pm
Lanfaer

• Set in stone that screwing with an ecosystem has dire consequences. Like the fact Yuki became Oto. That would have killed off pretty much all wildlife, and the new plants.

I have few things to say about this. I'm one of the people who complained about this massively. I was all excited talking about Yukigakure because that's my favorite village since that movie came out and I always wanted my characters to be part of it. Needless to say when I found out that Yukigakure only had snow because of MACHINES, I became LIVID. I mean.. what the hell? And now it's a tropical climate? First of all, Oto wouldn't be thriving/surviving, whatever. The plants that tolerate the cold winter would've died in a heartbeat due to the stupid unrealistic machines being turned off [ In which, Lan's technology comment is brought to play ]

I'm still not able to get over the fact that they only had snow because of machines... that's not Yukigakure. At all. I think you guys should change the story to that Yukigakure which is close to Kumogakure was, yes, destroyed, but Otogakure's location would be else where to make more sense.

As for what Tor mentioned, I completely agree Sensor and Preformer getting the short end of the stick. While they are usually chosen as second class... so is other classes such as Tamer and tamer got a MASSIVE buff that even I don't understand to this day... so why all classes get a .... decent-ish overhaul but not Preformer and Sensor? I nearly had to give up sensor because I chose two classes and I only get six ninjutsu, no genjutsu, I can't remember but maybe one slot for tai/buki and that was it. in the end from the two classes :/ for genin and even going up in rank, it didn't look pretty.

I really don't like how this guild is about arms race than it's about shinobi and naruto.... meh.

Jenni Deer

Dangerous Lunatic

Komorebii

Feral Teenager

8,550 Points
  • Loiterer 100
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2016 9:07 pm
I like the idea of scaling down the Senju, and really love Rexnov's idea about customs. I've seen a lot of jounin+ with huge amounts of ryo, and it's just sorta pointless (from my pov). I'd love to see even more custom stuff so each ninja is totally unique and memorable; people stealing/purchasing scrolls with incredible customs on them is something we should definitely explore, too! Lastly, I'd like the second the whole sensor/performer buff thing. Tamer is an easy spec class, but performer and sensor can only really be used as additions. Not to say that additions aren't great, but people should be capable of making stand-alone characters with any basic build.

As for my own input, I just wanna mention that genjutsu should be clarified (specifically the sensor bonuses and generally how genjutsu should be treated) and I'd like to see summons updated. I see some sages listed that I don't think are active. Also, more summons, but that can be a back-burner issue since the rest of these seem very pressing. & if Otogakure is never going to be a thing (I'm new but I've still never seen it really used??), it should be replaced. Story is one thing, but the village isn't contributing anything to it as far as I can see. votes Takigakure

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 5:20 am
~Oppositions:
In regards to a thought about
1 and or Tai/Buki At Genin and another Tai/Buki for Tai and Buki Jounin or rather giving performer a Tai/Buki At all. This is remedied via multiclassing. I honestly feel if you wish to be a taijutsu or Bukijustu type performer i.e fans. You should multi-class to achieve this.

lanfaer
Now, yeah, I'm known as someone who "makes waves", but the questions have come up from multiple members, not just myself. I will explain specifics if so desired, just PM me. If anyone takes issue with anything I've said, also feel free to PM me. As long as are are talking civilly I will be cordial.
~~~~~
In Support Of

Rebalancing the Senju Chakra inheritance Via Rank. Brooys 80>160>240>320 I believe is the most ideal.

In regards to the Performer Sensor revamping.

Performer:
The fact a Kugutsu user is more proficient at the Genjutsu and Ninjutsu a Performer actually relies on shows it requires some form of revamping. Suggested Alterations.

Make a Performer's Initial Stamina 50> This Allows for an Acrobatic Performer that has Multiclassed into either a Tai or Buki Subclass to have at minimum 175 for Buki and 225 for Tai which is for the most part I believe a balanced amount compared to other physical dual classings.

Make the Disciplines Reflexive of their benefits.

Painting Pictures: Remove the Chakra Reduction it's a lackluster benefit. In its place state selecting this benefit grants an extra 2 Ninjutsu Slots Per Rank

Emotional Content: Likewise Remove the Chakra reduction and replace it with Grants an Extra 2 Genjutsu slots Per rank.

Grand Performance: I honestly feel this discipline is for the most part semi-fine. A buff would be nice but not necessary. The suggestion 1 Genjutsu or 1 Ninjutsu Per Rank if you feel a buff necessary.

Ultimately this leaves a Genin Performer, One who has specialized in Ninjutsu/Genjutsu and Another Class.

A total of 6 Genjutsu Slots or 6 Ninjutsu Slots

A Pure Performer would be given both if they decided to providing an incentive to double class as a performer.

Sensor:
Quote:

-_-_-_-• All Sensory techniques receive their own section on the profile, and mirror ninjutsu limits.
< Where are these even? What is a 'sensory technique'. A compiled list of what exactly is a 'sensory technique' should be made.

*Crosses Arms*
Honestly I feel aside from that the class is fine. But I've never made a sensor so my opinion is to be taken with a cup of salted tea.
I Tortured Sleep I
You're opinion on the alteration I've suggested to performer would be lovely."

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

Brooy

Omnipresent Cultist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 7:19 pm
Round two: I have a problem with the sharingan and the four abilities that you get to choose from. The whole point of having the four abilities is to allow a player to customize a character slightly more while also stopping them from having all of the abilities that are listed from genin.

My problem is with the ability of clarity. It practically has the same benefits as the ability to see but, slightly dulled down so it isn't as specific. Not only this but, allows the person to see a genjutsu on themselves. Clarity itself is practically both abilities of See and clarity and with the forced one of Copy a character practically has three abilities. This pretty much eliminates the need to choose between clarity and to see because, sure you could use "to see" to see finer details and genjutsu in other people but, with clarity you're able to see genjutsu on youself, chakra being used, and you also get to see the movements of another person and predict what's going to happen.

I'm going to suggest that we take the chakra seeing away from clarity as well as the genjutsu seeing and leave that to the ability "to see".

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 8:28 pm
Alright, we've gotten a lot of feedback, so I'm going to try and summarize as best I can:

• Descriptive ranks:
___- Change to numbers: 1 for, 0 against. Should we change the names of the descriptives to numbers?
___- Should we make them mean something before the 6th one, or keep them as flavor before then?
• Senju Chakra scaling: 3 for, 0 against.
___- There have been a few proposed scales. I'm for 80 Chakra per Rank for Genin to Konin. Thoughts?
• Performer/Sensor rebalancing: 2 for, 0 against
___- 1 Tai/Buki at Genin?
___- Raise Performer's initial Stamina?
___- Remove reductions for the Performer disciplines and swap in additional slots?
___- Create a list of "Sensory Techniques".
• Hyouton: Shouldn't have amazing resistance to Katon. (To my knowledge, this was removed a while ago and somehow made it back into the post. This is pretty much a guaranteed change.)
• Bloodlines in general: Rebalance.
___- Nerf Sharingan/Hyouton; buff all others; mix of those options.
• Sharingan: Many changes (see Rexnov's post).
___- Rework the four base abilities (To See, Clarity, etc.)?
• Youton [ Lava Release ]: Lacks "manipulation" aspect of many other elemental bloodlines.
• Customs: All customs consume one slot; customs stop being customs when XX other people learn them.
___- Customs exist on scrolls. (1/0)
___- Custom Points: Spend Ryou/AC or time to accumulate extra customs. (2/0)
• Jutsu Updates: Jutsu need to be reworded, reorganized, and/or removed.
___- Genjutsu needs to have its functions clarified.
___- Sensor needs to have its detection bonuses against Genjutsu clarified.
___- Title/Rank Problems: Jutsu descriptions haven't been updated to be in accordance with the changes.
• Yuki becoming Oto: Clarify whether Oto is or isn't Yuki.
___- Replace Oto if it isn't being used?
• Technology: Reset tech level?
• PA Guide: Update it. (AandOE is currently working on this.)
• Takumi's Purpose: Update the inventory.
___- Give a bonus for shopkeeping?
• Summons Need Updated
___- Eventual addition of more summons?

So what do we all think of these changes? I know several of the ideas have a lot of support (looking at you, Performer/Sensor rework), but others haven't been addressed much.

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 9:54 pm
WARNING: MANY WORDS AHEAD

Now for my non-summary response to some of the ideas:

• Descriptive ranks (D.R.): I'm fine either way for changing them to numbers or keeping them as they are; I just need to know which one we're sticking with so I can make and update Tai/Buki to match. If we were to change the D.R. system so that they have solid benefits before the sixth rank, I think it would be a bit difficult to determine what happens in situations where two techniques clash and each beat each other in different ways (i.e. Jutsu A has some D.R. in power and Jutsu B has some D.R. in speed; determining which one wins in a head-on confrontation could be situational). Additionally, changing in that regard couldn't be done across the board, as things like Variable Marbles have no real way to express the D.R. before the 6th one.

• Senju Chakra scaling: Scaling the Chakra seems to be a popular idea, and I'm all for it. As I noted above, 80 Chakra per rank for four ranks is the one I liked, though I don't mind too much so long as it's changed.

• Performer/Sensor rebalancing: The recent class adjustments helped to alleviate this problem for Performer, in my opinion, as it used to be an essentially 100% flavor choice. As it stands now, the Ninjutsu slots are split between the elements and the Genjutsu slots are split between the different schools of Genjutsu, putting it at the second most Genjutsu as a base class (if I'm not overlooking something). Adjusting the disciplines could help the class a bit, and I'd be fine with the extra slots suggested elsewhere. On the topic of the sensor class, I haven't had much experience with either the class or the Genjutsu system (running a primarily Ninjutsu character as I do), so I can't comment too much; however, creating a list of sensory techniques does sound like it would alleviate some of the problems people have with the class.

• Hyouton: See my comments in the summary post.

• Bloodlines in general: I think if anything is to be done with them, a general buff to the non-Sharingan/Senju bloodlines would be the best. It'd be fun to see people running around as Hojo squids or using Rust Release.

• Sharingan: Not overly familiar with the actual mechanics of the bloodline, but if things could use clarification, that should be noted. As for it taking up two posts: I believe that's primarily due to the lengthy descriptions of the techniques used in canon, and the very large volume of information on the bloodline itself.

• Youton [ Lava Release ]: For the elemental bloodlines, it might be interesting to add a sort of "Formless" manipulation to them, but that might be a bit confusing to write up.

• Customs: All customs should take up one slot in my opinion, though I don't necessarily agree with adding a hard limit to the number of S and S+ techniques that can be made. The "custom token" idea is an interesting one, but I feel it would need to be limited somehow (prohibitive/scaling cost would be one idea) or we'd have people running around with phenomenal amounts of custom Jutsu. Putting customs on scrolls could be fun, and I certainly wouldn't mind seeing it added!

• Jutsu Updates: Hoo boy, this will be a monster. Any updates involving the Jutsu lists end up taking forever, especially in the case of rewording them. Wolfe and I are plugging away at the Tai and Buki updates, but it's slow work. If someone wants to point out which sections need redoing, that would be absolutely phenomenal!

• Yuki becoming Oto: The guild story and Oto's Village history thread state that Yukigakure was destroyed. I'll try to get some clarification for the first round of updates based on this feedback.

• Technology: I think we (as a guild) are currently behind the level of tech shown in the recent movies. Perhaps an update/reset to the guild's tech level could come with a time skip and/or with an update to Takumi?

• PA Guide: AandOE's got an early rough draft up in the crew quarters, and it's pretty straightforward. I anticipate its addition will come with the rules rewrite (see below).

• Takumi's Purpose: An update to Takumi would be awesome. I don't really know how to make people go there for reasons other than to buy weapons/armor/tons of raw materials other than to give the city a second function. The items that are there for flavor will be bought on an individual basis regardless.

• Summons Need Updated: Yes. Eventual addition of more summons: Also probably yes.

What I've been working on:

• Tai/Buki Styles: Recently went through many of my old Styles to see how they handled descriptives. I also have a few other completed Styles, as well as a few partially underway, sitting in my workbox, but they've been withheld until we standardize all of the descriptive modifiers. Two of the incoming Styles were submitted by Tor and edited a bit by me, and I can't wait to see what everyone thinks of them! There are 5 complete Styles waiting around, including Tor's, and another five incomplete. Once all of those are done, I will start going through my older Styles (Hagane no Shunkan, Tanisoko, Uwame, etc.) and give those a buff. Overall, I will prioritize working on the Styles I have made because I understand the intent behind them better and believe I can output higher quality edits/reworks to them faster than I could to even one or two of the Styles other people have made.
• Rules Rewrite: I'm currently rewriting the main rules post(s) to weed out redundancies (a few of the rules showed up two or three times) and hopefully make things a bit easier to understand. Basically, I'm condensing things down to the core issues, weeding out repeated rules, and overall trying to make things easier to understand. If this gets majority approval, it'll go out with AandOE's PA guide attached.
• Formless: The main post of the Formless Style thread has been rewritten in the crew workbox and is awaiting comment. A preview will be incoming as soon as I get some feedback.
• My Priorities: Keeping up on the suggestions here; rewrites of the rules, Formless, and whatever else is suggested; updating the Tai/Buki Styles; fixing missing pictures (Kanboku's been fixed); Jutsu updates; bloodline updates;

Currently, keeping up with things in here is my #1 priority because it helps me form ideas for what needs to be rewritten and how to go about doing so; any specific hangups that are provided are what I focus on, and after that I try to clarify as much as possible. The rewrites are my second priority because many of the things that need to be rewritten are very major, and it doesn't make sense to address other things before them. Updating the Tai & Buki Styles is third because I'm most familiar with the back end of those things due to how many Styles I've made for the guild. Getting quick fixes to pictures is fairly easy, so realistically it'll be used as a filler activity between working on other things. Jutsu and bloodline updates are last because they're monumental tasks that will take a large amount of time to sit down and do well, which is only exacerbated by my relative unfamiliarity with a great deal of them (which is to say, I haven't used them or thought about them much in a while).

I head back to school in a week, so I'm hoping to get as much done before then as I can, as my schedule's likely to get a bit more hectic afterward. Wolfe's helping with the Tai and Buki Styles, which is an immensely wonderful thing for him to do, and I'm grateful. I'm also very happy to see so much feedback in this thread, along with all of the proposed solutions and debate over some of the major sticking points. If you guys have requests for systems/rules/etc. posts that should be rewritten or clarified, I'd love to hear them!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 1:33 am
Ergo War

• Descriptive ranks (D.R.): The conflict I find by making the descriptives tangible descriptors are the same as when I posted about them in questions and concerns awhile ago. If we do go along with the percentiles 1/6 etc there still needs to be a clear indicator of what can be increased, Like I've said there are a bunch of Willy Nilly descriptors everywhere narrowing down to Speed, Strength, Reflex, Endurance Etc would make it a lot easier to remedy potential misinterpretation such as "is agility the same as speed?" To remedy conflicting "clashes" The descriptors would only go against the similar stat I.e Strength would always be vs Strength. Reflex would not be Vs Speed but Reflex would be against Reflex. I am for turning the descriptors into solid descriptors.

• Senju Chakra scaling: It's already been counted that I am for the 80>160>240>320 scaling with three others.

• Hyouton: I am for the nerf for the ices sheer density.

• Bloodlines in general: I am for the rebalancing of the bloodlines. I believe I can handle the Hojo specifically if any help is needed.

• Sharingan: I am for some nerfing of the Sharingan. As it stands it is canonically powerful yes but in it's current state it provides too much. Rather than Four Categories like Rex's proposition I'd Break it into Three Specializations. Blaze Manipulation, Genjutsu Amplification, and The Third Copying. Depending on the Specialization of the eye type the user receives correlating benifits. They are still capable of doing the other two but to a lesser degree.

• Youton [ Lava Release ]: Lava is a chaotic and devastating type of element. While I believe it's true the other elements do get manipulation of their element to a certain degree it makes logical sense. Hyouton and Yukiton can freeze water vapor etc. Lava isn't a free flowing source. Being capable of summoning/pulling Lava from the cores of the earth via 'elemental manipulation' seems excessive only based on the fact one can't find convenient pockets of lava scattered around the world that isn't hundreds if not thousands of miles underground. I agree Youton needs more techniques to fit it's niche. However, this I feel can be remedied by allowing further customs not having to rewrite Youton.

• Customs: I support the ability of customs costing one slot. I like the idea of purchasing more slots via Ac and Ryo, however I also like your idea of putting a soft cap on it. I believe creating an initial cost and doubling said cost each time would prevent customs madness but still provide a level of creativity and likewise rewarding the individuals who really commit to the roleplay.

• Jutsu Updates: Some maruton such as cloud rising slash, which classify more towards physical prowess than actual jutsu should be moved to an appropriate location either labeled as a formless jutsu or being incorporated into the already existing cloud style.

• Yuki becoming Oto: I'm for the clarification here. The confusion doesn't stem from Yuki being destroyed it's from did Oto Basically take over/replace Yuki or was Yuki destroyed and Oto founded somehwere else. That was what seemed to cause the most confusion.

• Technology: I would say either, 1. Revert Suna's technological status to one more basic or 2. Imply all the villages have attained Suna's level of technology but to a slightly lesser degree.

• PA Guide: AandOE's got an early rough draft up in the crew quarters, and it's pretty straightforward. I anticipate its addition will come with the rules rewrite (see below).

• Takumi's Purpose: An update to Takumi's scrolls would be appreciated. because the restrictions on training certain jutsu has been mildly lifted. Removing the Chunnin/Jounin etc requirements for the scroll purchases which would be canonically required to trained most if not all Fuuin should be lifted.

• Summons Need Updated: Yes.

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:45 am
Ergo War

Feedback in regards to recent changes.

Quote:
Hagane no Shunkan [ Moment of Steel ]:
Practitioners of this Style gain twice the normal amount of post reductions for relevant training when training with small or medium bladed weapons.

By relevant training does this mean the practitioner applies this bonus universally across all styles with the usage of small or medium blades? If so that's lovely awesome but nuts. Assuming you are a typical Buki user with a +1 Reduction to Buki. The typical dojo reduction for a D rank skill is 1 that gives the typical Buki user a +4 Reduction in the midst of dojo session.

For A complex skill. The Highest possible training difficulty this trait effectively reduces pretty much all training posts along the lines to incredibly low and in the event of the most common +2 to Bukijutsu Reduction everything even S-ranked becomes 1 and there is no true gap between learning anything from B-S Rank. With a post reduction of 2 it is just as difficult to learn an A ranked Complex Style than a S ranked one in fact that goes for everything.

__Rank (D) ? 5 Posts [Base 1+ Dojo 1=2 x 2= 4 Reduction] = 1
__Rank (C) ? 7 Posts [Base 1+ Dojo 2=3 x 2= 6 Reduction] = 1
__Rank (B) ? 9 Posts [Base 1+ Dojo 2=3 x 2= 6 Reduction] = 3
__Rank (A) ? 11 Posts [Base 1+3=4 x 2 = 8 Reduction] = 3
__Rank (S) ? 13 Posts [Base 1+4=5 x 2 = 10 Reduction] = 3
Assuming you have the +2 Reduction
__Rank (D) ? 5 Posts [Base 2+ Dojo 1=3 x 2= 6 Reduction] = 1
__Rank (C) ? 7 Posts [Base 2+ Dojo 2=4 x 2= 8 Reduction] = 1
__Rank (B) ? 9 Posts [Base 2+ Dojo 2=4 x 2= 8 Reduction] = 1
__Rank (A) ? 11 Posts [Base 2+3=5 x 2 = 10 Reduction] = 1
__Rank (S) ? 13 Posts [Base 2+4=6 x 2 = 12 Reduction] = 1

If these applications are universally possible. It penultimately makes training near nil for anyone with a +2 Reduction to Buki in all medium and short bladed styles. If this was the intention then that's lovely it makes training a simple breeze I suppose if not universal this style is literally probably one of the easiest to learn.

The Next Thing I Spotted
Quote:
Vorpal Blade~Armors are treated as one rank lower against the user’s techniques, or two ranks lower against the user’s armor-piercing techniques.

I was unaware armors had a ranking system? I realize that applying it to jutsu armors make sense but are there actually ranks to armors? I believe if there isn't there should be one. It would solve the Takumi problem of their items being less flavor and shoot two birds with one stone.
For Example
Cloth > E
Leather > D
Iron > C
Steel > B
X Element > A
X Element > S
X Element > S+
That or give the materials Ranks based on their Tiers?
Edit~Recent Information Tells me the system is
Goes Light + D-rank to break, Medium = B-rank to break, and heavy = A-rank to break, or something like that. It's either A or S for heavy. It would be nice to have these it an area on convenience like say on the first page of Buki? Along with other terminologies that may share the same systems.
Disarming, and Locking come to mind

Quote:
Instant of Steel~ supremely increases the speed of all blade techniques and greatly improves the user’s reaction time.

So speed and reflex? I'm just being nitpicky but I'd prefer that it said reflex rather than reaction time.

Quote:
Hilt Thrust~This strike can break through armor and will break bones and send a target flying if unarmored.

To what degree does it break the armor? Of equivalent rank?

Quote:
Speed Bonuses~

A lot of the skill in this tree increase speed. I'm just curious as to whether these speed increases have the possibility to stack with each other...because if so...well..hot damn that's pretty fast.

Relevant Training:
I feel like this a universal solution to a heavily tasking duty. It makes formless more relevant as now an individual can correlate their formless specifically with the styles of their choosing.

Extra~
The 15lb Weapon Requirement for Fuu no Odachi needs to be removed. Even a Zweihander one of the heaviest weapons ever made weighed at maximum roughly 7 lbs. A 15 lb weapon that is also a blade is unrealistic especially under the categories listed. Hammer I can see but blades are specifically designed to not exceed such a weight.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 5:58 pm
NecroPlant

My computer's being a bit weird, so I'll try to keep this brief.

For the feedback on Shunkan:
• The post reductions only apply toward that Style.
• I'm trying to work out a nice balance on armors right now, but they will have a ranking system. Currently there's practically no reason to wear any, and that will be rectified. My current working rankings are: light armor is C-Rank, medium armor is B-Rank, and heavy armor is A-Rank. There are a couple of Styles that reference armor currently, and I think they all give conflicting information, so yes, that'll go in the first post as well.
• I'd be fine with reflex, if that makes more sense.
• Shunkan will be getting rewritten in the near future, as will a few of the other Styles that haven't been dusted off since 2014 or earlier. I'll make a note to clarify Hilt Thrust.
• Speed Bonuses: Yep, they stack. Just how they stack will be addressed in the rewrite, but for now they function as written.
• The "Relevant Training" section was intended to remove the need for the "Specialization in XX Formless gives a YY post reduction" on each Style that has it, as well as give a quick sense of what the Style is about. Glad you like it!
• We've been asked to take down Fuu no Odachi, so I'll be rolling out a replacement as soon as we know what changes are needed in the Styles.

For your earlier post:
• D.R.: Trying to standardize what the descriptors are and what effects they have (in some cases) is proving a bit more difficult than originally anticipated.
• Senju Chakra Scaling: Addressed in one of the recent updates.
• Hyouton: Addressed in one of the recent updates.
• Taijutsu-esque Ninjutsu: I'll make a note of it.
• Yuki/Oto: Addressed in one of the recent updates.

Ergo War
Vice Captain

Enduring Guildsman

Anbu Black Oinin

3,525 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 06, 2016 8:34 pm
I think the assimilation bloodline be split up into two different bloodlines and the Hozuki Clan get their own bloodline as the guild.itself doesn't possess any of their special jutsu.  
古[} Recycle Bin

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games