Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply First Year Classes
Transfiguration I (1/5) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Trickblues

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:03 pm
User Image
JONAH LANE
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldReserve Beater

═══════════════════XXXX═══════════════════

What was all this?! Jonah sat in his seat, staring blankly at the equation on the board as a thousand possibilities ran through his head. God, he was not prepared for mathematics today… Eiji’s answer made sense enough for him to takes notes on it, but personally? This equation had him terrified. Would there be more like this? If he had been called to ask, he wasn’t sure what other sort of explaination he would have beyond the T in T=(W*C/V*A)*Z clearly stood for TRAUMA.

═════════════════════════════════════════════

Status
When // Fall 2042
Where // Transfiguration
With // First Years
Feeling // WHY??
Thinking // I need a study session.

OOC:
Username

Hm, a curious mind, an adventurous spirit!
Oh, you could do so well in so many places, my boy
Legacy or not, I see you going far
But, let's see then... I think, for you, it'll be

Ravenclaw!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2018 6:02 pm
User Image

Transfiguration was the next class first years needed to take. He got to his seat behind Sonora and got ready for class. His professor, Richard Drage explained what everyone will be doing and what Transfiguration is. Alex took note that it takes an object and changing it fundamentally at the molecular level. The then asked the class what the Mathematical equation is.

Alex raised his hand and answered Professor Drage's question. "Excuse me, professor, 'T', the intended transformation; 'W' is wandpower and multiply 'C' which is concentration over 'V' viciousness multiplying with 'A' which is your bodyweight. Then after that portion is solved you multiply 'Z' is the incarnation or simply put,' how you say it'. "

Quote:

CEOxJOE

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:25 am
Everybody waiting for the fall of man
Everybody praying for the end of times
Everybody hoping they could be the one
I was born to run, I was born for this
User Image
User Image

MυɠɠʅҽႦσɾɳ 🌠 Gɾყϝϝιɳԃσɾ Fιɾʂƚ Yҽαɾ 🌠 ƜιƖɗ ƇнιƖɗ

Cassie was slightly excited for Transfiguration since she heard that's how you become an animagus and that would be so so cool to turn into any animal. But she guessed she'd have to learn the basics before getting to that. She hadn't done more than really gloss over the textbook considering it a dry read and now that she was listening to the professor and looking at all those letters and stuff on the board, she wasn't sure if that had been a good idea. She hated math! It was all confusion and headaches anytime she'd been in that class in her other school and she'd only gotten by from all her extra tutoring. Surprisingly alot of it had been from her mum's bandmates. They were a smart bunch! When the professor asked what all those letters stood for, a few people piped up but Cassie just slid in her seat with a slight whimper. This class was gonna suck! [color =#CD2682]"Typi

Whatever it takes
'Cause I love the adrenaline in my veins
I do whatever it takes
'Cause I love how it feels when I break the chains
Whatever it takes

{Wearing: Uniform} {Where: Transfiguration class} {With: Classmates} {Thoughts: I can feel the headache coming!}
User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:24 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:25 pm
On The Board:

Basics of Transfiguration

What is Transfiguration?
    Transfiguration is, at it's most basic, transforming one object into another. This is usually accomplished by magical means. However, it is not simply changing something's appearance into something else's, it is actually changing the very item into the its intended target. This very act changes its structure even down to the molecular level, so that when you transfigure a bird into a cup, you are taking that bird and turning it into a cup on an atomic level.

What kinds of Transfiguration are there?
    There are actually four different branches of Transfiguration: Transformation, Vanishment, Conjuration, and Untransfiguration. All four of these branches of transfiguration you work with if you wish to master this branch of magic, but you may not see all four during your course of study at Hogwarts.

What is Transformation?
    Transformation is at its core turning one object into another. This is the most basic form of transfiguration. There are three different subcategories of transformation known as Human Transfiguration, Switching, and Trans-Species. Human transfiguration however is the most difficult form of Transformation.

What is Vanishment?
    Vanishment is the act of taking an object and willing it out of existence. The Vanished item will simply cease to be, and instead you will have nothing. As such, this is the most difficult form of transfiguration you will probably encounter on your OWLs.

What is Conjuration?
    Conjuration is the act of bringing things into existence. This is much harder to do than simply willing something to appear. This area of Transfiguration you will learn about in your NEWT-level class should you get that far.

What is Untransfiguration?
    Untransfiguration is the act of reversing a transfiguration. The branch is considered both Transfiguration as well as a counter-spell. This branch is generally the very first one encountered when you are learning the subject of Transfiguration

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:26 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick leaned against the desk as he waited for students to file in. He vaguely wondered sometimes if he ever looked as small as the first years in this class, but dismissed this idea and instead decided to focus instead on the class at hand. When the students all filed into the classroom, he checked the time and closed the door with a flick of his wand before turning to address the first years. "Hello, and welcome to Transfiguration. I'm your professor Richard Drage. For those of you wondering if there is going to be some form of spellcasting right off the bat in this class, that would be a yes, and a no. Yes, because you will be casting spells in this lesson, and no, since there will only be one spell you will learn today. However, this spell is probably the most important one you will learn in your entire study of the subject, so that would be why it is the very first one you learn about today."

He turned to the board and gestured to it, already well aware of the brief overview written upon it. "Transfiguration, by its very nature, is one of the most, if not the most, difficult disciplines of magic there is. We are taking an object and changing it fundamentally at the molecular level. This in itself makes the practice at once dangerous as well as complex, however is probably one of the very rewarding branches of magic there is in my opinion. After all, you can look at something you've transfigured and know that you've managed to succeed or fail, and by itself is a very rewarding feeling." He then turned back to the board and wrote something underneath his notes and pointed it out for people to see.

Professor Drage
                                                User Image

"This, by the way, is one of the reasons why transfiguration is so difficult. Yes, it is a mathematical equation, one that is applied every time you try and cast a transfiguration spell. Can anyone enlighten me as to why that is?" He crossed his arms and waited, taking a deep breath and hoping he hadn't confused the heck out of the first years yet. It would be his luck, wouldn't it? To be the first professor in Hogwarts history to basically make a mess of his first lesson and the students learned nothing? He hoped not.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Here's to first impressions being good...
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 7:30 pm
User Image
Canaan Grey
RavenclawFirst YearEleven Years OldSingle

After taking his Flying Class in the morning, and having fun doing it, the afternoon Transfiguration class was akin to taking a Bludger in the gut. He wasn't bad at it, but it wasn't his favourite class either. Tucking into the book was a bit of a challenge too, as this was complex work. Still, Canaan was of a mind to try his best, and hope he could do well. At least the algebraic equation made sense to him.

When the professor asked his question, Canaan tried to come up with a decent answer. He raised his hand, and waited to be called upon to take a stab at an answer. "Um, because 't' is the final result of the equation, sir. When you change the result, the variables have to change to balance the equation." He hoped that was the right answer, as it made sense to him.

OOC:
Username

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 12:13 pm
User Image
                                                  𝔸 𝕟 𝕟 𝕒 𝕝 𝕚 𝕤 𝕖 𝕄 𝕒 𝕣 𝕚 𝕖 𝕂 𝕦 𝕣 𝕥 𝕤
                                                  ___╘═══▶ first year : gryffindor

______User Image ____ User Image ____ User Image
                                                  __________________________________________

Hurrying into the classroom, Annalise fell into a seat next to Canaan. She had an interesting morning with Flying class, which she was curious to explore more, and this was her last class of the day. Transfiguration. Based on the name, she figured it would be about turning one thing into another thing, unlike Charms, which she had earlier in the week. Taking out her notebook, Anna quickly jotted down the notes on the board while listening to the professor speak. She wrote down the formula last, and she was on board with everything until that point. Was this like, a math class? She groaned internally, previously under the implication that she was finally done with math. Still, she made it a point to listen, continuing to write little notes as the lecture continued.

OOC: . . .

❝ I've lost myself in make-believe. Over and over, I'm deceived. You want reform? I can't conform.
                                                  'Cause I can't take anymore of your tainted bliss 'cause I've lost myself in make-believe. You can't break me. ❞

The Shiny Furret

Merry Muse

4,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:06 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:08 pm
On The Board:

Basics of Transfiguration

What is Transfiguration?
    Transfiguration is, at it's most basic, transforming one object into another. This is usually accomplished by magical means. However, it is not simply changing something's appearance into something else's, it is actually changing the very item into the its intended target. This very act changes its structure even down to the molecular level, so that when you transfigure a bird into a cup, you are taking that bird and turning it into a cup on an atomic level.

What kinds of Transfiguration are there?
    There are actually four different branches of Transfiguration: Transformation, Vanishment, Conjuration, and Untransfiguration. All four of these branches of transfiguration you work with if you wish to master this branch of magic, but you may not see all four during your course of study at Hogwarts.

What is Transformation?
    Transformation is at its core turning one object into another. This is the most basic form of transfiguration. There are three different subcategories of transformation known as Human Transfiguration, Switching, and Trans-Species. Human transfiguration however is the most difficult form of Transformation.

What is Vanishment?
    Vanishment is the act of taking an object and willing it out of existence. The Vanished item will simply cease to be, and instead you will have nothing. As such, this is the most difficult form of transfiguration you will probably encounter on your OWLs.

What is Conjuration?
    Conjuration is the act of bringing things into existence. This is much harder to do than simply willing something to appear. This area of Transfiguration you will learn about in your NEWT-level class should you get that far.

What is Untransfiguration?
    Untransfiguration is the act of reversing a transfiguration. The branch is considered both Transfiguration as well as a counter-spell. This branch is generally the very first one encountered when you are learning the subject of Transfiguration

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:11 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Hᴇᴀᴅ ᴏꜰ Hᴏᴜsᴇ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick leaned against the desk as he waited for students to file in. He vaguely wondered sometimes if he ever looked as small as the first years in this class, but dismissed this idea and instead decided to focus instead on the class at hand. When the students all filed into the classroom, he checked the time and closed the door with a flick of his wand before turning to address the first years. "Hello, and welcome to Transfiguration. I'm your professor Richard Drage. For those of you wondering if there is going to be some form of spellcasting right off the bat in this class, that would be a yes, and a no. Yes, because you will be casting spells in this lesson, and no, since there will only be one spell you will learn today. However, this spell is probably the most important one you will learn in your entire study of the subject, so that would be why it is the very first one you learn about today."

He turned to the board and gestured to it, already well aware of the brief overview written upon it. "Transfiguration, by its very nature, is one of the most, if not the most, difficult disciplines of magic there is. We are taking an object and changing it fundamentally at the molecular level. This in itself makes the practice at once dangerous as well as complex, however is probably one of the very rewarding branches of magic there is in my opinion. After all, you can look at something you've transfigured and know that you've managed to succeed or fail, and by itself is a very rewarding feeling." He then turned back to the board and wrote something underneath his notes and pointed it out for people to see.

Professor Drage
                                                User Image

"This, by the way, is one of the reasons why transfiguration is so difficult. Yes, it is a mathematical equation, one that is applied every time you try and cast a transfiguration spell. Can anyone enlighten me as to why that is?" He crossed his arms and waited, taking a deep breath and hoping he hadn't confused the heck out of the first years yet. It would be his luck, wouldn't it? To be the first professor in Hogwarts history to basically make a mess of his first lesson and the students learned nothing? He hoped not.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: Here's to first impressions being good...
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

First Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 6 7 8 9

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas