Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Transfiguration II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xistund

PostPosted: Sat Sep 03, 2016 7:04 pm
Get down to Paris; I know a chic restaurant-
Sip from a chalice; we can drink all we want!
We can dance up close, head to head...
My love I shall bestow-
Who says romance is dead?
Mmm, I'm a perfectionist, a perfectionist.

User Image
vιτσϻιг
πιςσlι

нλlғϑϐlσσd нειг │ sεςσπd ψελг │ slψτнεгιπ

Yet another way Vito transfigurations class Vito was happy that the school was teaching him such useful skills. He could make a killing in the pet market with these little birds, he could literally turn trash into pet birds. Maybe he could get muggles to pay him to take their trash off there hands. He pushed the thoght away for now, first he had to cast the spell. Once finishing his notes he went to grab an empty ink bottle back to his desk. He took a breath and envisioned the spell. It was not that hard to invission, he's been turning animals to objects so he could do the reverse. "Avifors." He said and the object turned into a blue bird with black spots from the small amounts of ink. He turned the bird back and tried again getting it on his second attempt.

OOC:
Username

Nothing is more serious than pleasure;
Happiness is impossible to measure.
The only life worth living is leisure...
Nothing is more serious than pleasure.
I like a winner; someone who knows their game-
A truthful sinner; there's no rush to fan the flames.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:15 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:17 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Beetle Buttons
    This spell is one of the basic spells learned in second year. Again, it helps to work your ability to transfigure objects from creatures.

The word is derived from Latin, muto meaning to "change, alter, or transform", and buprestis meaning "beetle". It is the incantation used in Beetle Buttons, and is pronounced mute-o-boo-press-tis.

Looking back at our categories from last year, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform beetles into buttons. Beetle Buttons are buttons that were once beetles, but have undergone Transfiguration to become buttons. Many famous lines of wizard clothing use Beetle Buttons because they are cheap to come by.

The spell itself does not cast any light or noise, but strictly transforms beetles pointed at with the caster's wand into a button.

The level of this Transfiguration is somewhat basic.

t= Transformation of an beetle into a button
    a= caster must be heavier than the beetle
    v= intent must be at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair
    Z= well-spoken, as clear as possible

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:19 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, holding a box and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. He thankfully knew the lesson they were working on that day was a simple one, and should get the class warmed up for other transfiguration work later in the year. At least that was his hope. He was all too aware of how easily his hopes could be dashed to pieces, however.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Hello, and welcome back to Transfiguration. I trust that your summer was uneventful, so we're going to head straight into a new spell to break the ice for the year. Thankfully this spell isn't too difficult, and we can easily work off the rust that you all have probably experienced over the summer. Which, now that that discussion has ended, let's talk about the spell itself.

"The spell on the board is called Mutobuprestis, which in Latin means, 'to change, alter, or transform beetles.' Yes, I know, I can already hear the complaints about working with bugs. However, the spell itself is relatively simple, and it's function is to transform beetles into buttons. The spell, as well as its components for the formula are on the board, so I would like for you to copy down notes from the board and please come up to grab a beetle from the box. If you happen to squash your beetle, don't worry, there's plenty in the box and all you have to do is request a new one."
                                                Rick set the box on the table and stood back, waiting for people to get their items and return to their desks. Hopefully this won't be a tragedy like some other lessons that he had witnessed before.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: Well, this shouldn't be so difficult.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2016 11:24 pm
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx𝔇𝔢𝔞𝔲𝔰 𝔚𝔥𝔦𝔱𝔢𝔰𝔥𝔞𝔡𝔢xx
Second Year Ravenclaw Muggleborn Chaser xxxxx

User Image

xxxHello darkness, my old friend- I've come to talk with you again
                                              xxxxxxBecause a vision softly creeping, left its seeds while I was sleeping
                                              xxxxxxxxxAnd the vision that was planted in my brain, still remains within the sound of silence
                                              xxxxxxxxxxxxIn restless dreams I walked alone, narrow streets of cobblestone

xx ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Deaus had a big smile as he headed to the front desk to take one of the beetles. He took it to his desk and was not in a huge hurry to change the cool bug into a lame button. He was letting it crawl around on his hand. "Hello little guy, or girl I don't know how to tell an insect's gender. But regardless I am sorry for this but I got to turn you into a button, maybe After class I can take you, I bet Gwen would love to eat you. Or maybe I can just use you as a button... Would you be dead if your a button? I mean I think so but if I change you back would you be alive again and would you know if your a button?" Deaus asked his philosophical questions about buttons to himself and the bug not noticing it was starting to wander away. He blinked out of his deep thought and said. "Hey come back here! Mutobuprestis!"
                                              He said pointing his wand at the escaping beetle. Hitting with the spell. It looked like a pokemon badge for a bug gym, all flat and shiny but still in the beetle shape. He picked up the beetle button and put it on his desk using the Reparifarge to put it back to it's original state. He tried it once again this time having the time to properly concentrate before a little black beetle was on his desk.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ xx

'Neath the halo of a street lamp, I turned my collar to the cold and dampxxx
                                              When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon lightxxxxxx
                                              That split the night, and touched the sound of silencexxxxxxxxx
                                              And in the naked light I saw, ten thousand people, maybe morexxxxxxxxxxxx

(( ooc : text here ))

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:21 am
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:23 am
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Beetle Buttons
    This spell is one of the basic spells learned in second year. Again, it helps to work your ability to transfigure objects from creatures.

The word is derived from Latin, muto meaning to "change, alter, or transform", and buprestis meaning "beetle". It is the incantation used in Beetle Buttons, and is pronounced mute-o-boo-press-tis.

Looking back at our categories from last year, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform beetles into buttons. Beetle Buttons are buttons that were once beetles, but have undergone Transfiguration to become buttons. Many famous lines of wizard clothing use Beetle Buttons because they are cheap to come by.

The spell itself does not cast any light or noise, but strictly transforms beetles pointed at with the caster's wand into a button.

w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2017 10:24 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, holding a box and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. He thankfully knew the lesson they were working on that day was a simple one, and should get the class warmed up for other transfiguration work later in the year. At least that was his hope. He was all too aware of how easily his hopes could be dashed to pieces, however.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Hello, and welcome back to Transfiguration. I trust that your summer was uneventful, so we're going to head straight into a new spell to break the ice for the year. Thankfully this spell isn't too difficult, and we can easily work off the rust that you all have probably experienced over the summer. Which, now that that discussion has ended, let's talk about the spell itself.

"The spell on the board is called Mutobuprestis, which in Latin means, 'to change, alter, or transform beetles.' Yes, I know, I can already hear the complaints about working with bugs. However, the spell itself is relatively simple, and it's function is to transform beetles into buttons. The spell, as well as its components for the formula are on the board, so I would like for you to copy down notes from the board and please come up to grab a beetle from the box. If you happen to squash your beetle, don't worry, there's plenty in the box and all you have to do is request a new one."
                                                Rick set the box on the table and stood back, waiting for people to get their items and return to their desks. Hopefully this won't be a tragedy like some other lessons that he had witnessed before.

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:16 am
User ImageUser Image
I won't just survive
Oh, you will see me thrive
Can't write my story
I'm beyond the archetype
I won't just conform
No matter how you shake my core
'Cause my roots, they run deep

Hikaru arrived and grabbed a spot near the wall. He was feeling good today, He studied extra over the holiday to be prepared. He dutifully took notes and was unfazed by the fact they were going to be handling beetles. Bugs were ok they were only annoying when they would land on him in quidditch when he was no necessarily moving cause the ball was on the other side with his team in possession. When the time came he grabbed a gold beetle carefully out of the box. It was a hyper one and it took him a minute or two to calm it enough to stay on his desk. He tried the spell on the beetle....well it wasn't going to run away now it had no legs and was rounder but still very much a bug. Feeling sorry for it, he tried again. This time he ended up with a shiny gold button with 2 holes. 'I wonder if I can keep it' He wondered.

Oh, ye of so little faith
Don't doubt it, don't doubt it
Victory is in your veins
You know it, you know it
And you will not negotiate
Just fight it, just fight it
And be transformed

Ooc:  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2017 8:28 am
User Image

Oh, I don't know what you've been told
But this gal right here's gonna rule the world
Yeah, that is where I'm gonna be, because I wanna be
No, I don't wanna sit still, look pretty

════════════════════════

Jilly skipped into class and secured a seat in the front. this was one of her Favorite classes and she Seemed to be pretty decent at it. She took the notes and had some more doodles. she seemed to remember stuff more if she doodled as opposed to not. She was nearly bouncing in the seat at the mention of them working with bugs. Bugs were fun, so many legs, some could fly, other were big, though some could bite. She was one of the first to pick a bug and she went for the slower black one the gold ones were hard to catch. She had it cupped in her hand only stopping to gross out one student who seemed grossed by the bugs. She lured it off her hand and onto her desk. While she felt bad making it into a button she wasn't sure if bugs could care about stuff like that. She practiced the word then the wand movement. She almost lost the bug but somehow found it sitting on her wand she had in her hand. Coaxing it off she gave it a try....nothing. She made sure she was doing it right then gave it another go. Ta-dah! She had a button! It was a sleek black that had the texture of the back of the beetle. "Yay! I got it" She said mostly to herself.

════════════════════════

OoC:

I know the other girlies
Wanna wear expensive things
Like diamond rings
But I don't wanna be the puppet
That you're playing on a string
This queen don't need a king

CatWaffle
Crew

Questionable Waffles

9,225 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 2:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
Julius Devereux
Second Year Slytherin
Family Heir

Location : Transfiguration Class - Friday @ 3:00pm

Julius rather enjoyed transfigurations. It was the last class he had for the week and was content to get to work on any spell that they’d be covering. Today it appeared turning beetles into buttons was the task at hand. It sound complicated they were already pretty round on their own. They just needed the smooth texture along with the holes that allowed the button to be sewn on. Taking down the notes on the board while the class moaned and groaned about the whole bug thing, he ignored it for the most part and didn’t particularly care.

When it came time to try the spell, Julius got his beetle before going back to his seat. Holding it in his hand he looked over the bug. This shouldn’t be too hard. “mute-o-boo-press-tis…” He sounded it out first before trying it on the beetle itself. “Mutobuprestis.” He said pointing his wand at the bug. The beetle started to smooth over and become button shaped. He visualized the pin holds and successfully managed to get them to appear on the beetle. That was a successful first lesson if Julius said so himself.

With : Class...

Attire : Slytherin Uniform

OOC : - - -

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:44 pm

Put Name here

Put Name here

User Image
Puff Uniform

After spending the first few days of school being completely hidden and noticeable in the Hufflepuff common room Lauretta decided she was somewhat meaning to go to class even though Transfiguration still confused her more each time but she knows this class will help her when she has finished school and trying to find a job or a career. She walked into class grabbing a seat next to her best friend. She walked up to the box taking a beetle to do the spell with before she took her seat again she knew the bug needed a name. "Mr beetle I'll name Sam." She told the little beetle. Lauretta grabbed the beetle, getting out her wand and pointed it to Sam. She muttered the spell words and watched Sam the beetle change into a shiny button with two holes in it.  

MsKiwiness

Demonic Divorcee

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:05 am
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:07 am
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Beetle Buttons

w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge

Please Remember!

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:08 am
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas