Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Transfiguration II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 4:36 pm
User Image

ROMAN DOWLING __________
Second Year, Gryffindor __________
═════════════════════════
________

Roman huffed and nodded. An uneventful summer was an understatement. He probably sat in his pants on the couch watching telly for eight hours straight, nearly every day, until his mum and dad chased him out of the house and forced him outside to play. Sometimes it worked. Most of the time he just moved to the garage and sat on that couch for the rest of the day playing video games. But he was in school now and all of his distractions are gone. Well, most of them. There was the temptation to practice levitating his notebook, but he figured he'd wait for Charms class to do all that, and sat rather impatiently waiting for others to arrive.

”Oh wicked,” Roman poked the little beetles in the box after he finished up his notes. It looked like there were hundreds of little black critters trampling around inside of the box, but it was probably really closer to twenty or so. It took him a minute to scoop up just one, then walked it over to his desk. He made a little barrier with the arm strap of his satchel and placed the little bug inside. The notes said the incantation was the hardest part of this spell, so he practiced that first until the word started to sound funny. ”Motubopristis,” he said loud and clear, and very very wrong. The end of his wand made a loud POOF and dust cloud.

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷
WHEN:: Thursday, 2:00-2:45pm
WHERE:: Transfigurations Class
WITH WHO:: Second Years

∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷∷

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:22 am
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Avifors
    This spell is a pretty basic spell designed to transfigure any object it's directed at into a bird.

The word is derived from Latin, avis meaning "bird", and fors (a suffix often used in transfiguration spells) for "chance, luck, fortune". It is the incantation used and is pronounced AVI-forz.

Looking back at our categories from last year, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform objects into either a single bird or a flock of birds, depending on the desired outcome of the caster. It should not be confused with the Conjuration, Avis, which shoots birds from the wand tip and is more of a charm.

The spell itself is a vibrant blue color, and it is found that most starting Transfigurists can only transform objects into birds of the same blue color. As with more practice, however, the caster can will the color of the bird to be anything that they wish, and include patterns, such as plaid or checkered.

The level of this Transfiguration is somewhat basic.

t= Transformation of an beetle into a button
    a= caster must be heavier than the beetle
    v= intent must be at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair
    Z= well-spoken, as clear as possible

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 11:25 am
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick stood in front of his desk, a box atop it. Honestly, this was one spell that unnerved him a bit, since he'd seen plenty of attempts at it, all with pretty gruesome results. After all, he did have an affinity with birds, and the thought of one being stuck inside a transformation made him glad that he'd mastered the spell back in second year himself. "Hello, and welcome back. Today we get to practice turning items into animals, which is similar to the spell we practised earlier in the year. The only difference between this spell and the one we learned last year is it's basically a reverse of what you have practised so far. This spell is Avifors."

He tapped the board, and then walked over to his desk to take a pair of scissors from the box. Oh yeah, this was taking him back a bit. "Avifors is a spell that transfigures any object you're casting it on into a bird. Usually the birds in question tend to be small, and starting off are always blue in colour, but as you gain confidence with the spell, that will change." Rick then took the scissors he had taken out and tapped them with his wand. "Avifors." The scissors then started to transform, feathers soon covering them as the item transformed into a finch with blue colouration. Rick held the bird up on his finger to show it off to the class. "As you can tell, the bird is blue. That's generally the colour that your birds will turn. With time and practice, your birds might be different colours, but don't be discouraged if they all are blue."

He quickly untransfigured the finch and set the scissors down before he grabbed up the box. "Now it's your turn. Go ahead and finish up the notes on the board and then come up to grab something from the box. When you have done so, please work on the spell itself. I'm not expecting perfection here, just a basic ability to transform an object into an animal. We'll get into more of this later, after all." He sat back and waited for everyone to finish and grab something from the box. He then settled in to watch the class, ready to help out when necessary.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: Well, this shouldn't be so difficult.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 1:11 pm
Oh Mother, shelter, a mother is a shelter-
Oh Mother, shelter, Mother, shelter us...
From the wild winds howling!
Oh Father, shepherd, a father is a shepherd-
Oh Father, shepherd, Father shepherd us...
From the wild wolves howling!

User Image
D O N E L L A
O L W E N
B R O W N

hufflepuff │ second year │ halfblood

Donella didn't consider Transfiguration her best class by a long shot, but she'd done well enough in it last year, and now wasn't the time to get left behind. Grades were very important in her family, after all; they might not be Ravenclaws, but hard work mattered very much to her parents. She walked up to the box and took a small velvet jewelry case back to her seat. The blonde girl tapped it cautiously with her wand. "Avifors!" To her delight, the case turned into a small, pale blue bird, although the texture of its feathers seemed a little too velvety to be natural. It chirped and tweeted at her, and Donella let it hop up onto her shoulder, knowing she'd dread having to turn it back.

OOC:
Username

Your cities are a wilderland;
Look upon your children!
Your highways are a wilderland;
Look upon your children!
Wandering in the wilderland...
Wandering in the wood, singing.

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2017 9:47 pm
User Image
Gertrude Laura Adelwood
Adopted Muggleborn
Second Year Hufflepuff

I go by Gertie...
Oh and I'm 12 years old...

Gertie was probably no better at Transfiguration then Donella. However, she still liked the subject. It was interesting enough and it help the young puffs attention. If only she could focus more. That was probably her biggest struggle. Dealing with turning objects into birds sounded tricky. However Gertie loved birds. She just needed to figure out how an object could be a bird. Should be easy for an active imagination, right?

Watching the demonstration from her seat next to Donella, Gertie liked the color blue. Granted she like pretty much every color. Finishing up the notes, the red head hopped to the front of the class and grabbed an object. The object in question was a shiny little pointed statue, probably some sort of paper weight. Staring at it with her wand in hand, Gertie in visioned the bird. “Avifors.” She said getting nothing as her attention was pulled elsewhere like usual. “Wow! It’s a little velvet bird.” Gertie commented with a smile. Donella had done well for a first try.

Looking back at the statue, Gertie was determined to try again. “Avifors!” She said again, this time with relatively good focus. The statue became surrounded in blue light and it changed shape. The statue became a small but shiny long bodied blue bird. Its body looked like it was made from the same material as the object it was used for. “It worked.” Gertie smiled brightly. She didn’t care that it wasn’t perfect it was an actual bird. Holding the tiny bird in her hands she had a smile from ear to ear.

Wearing: Hufflepuff Uniform

With: Class... Donella

OOC: ---

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

No one's doubting your brains or creativity
But it's your heart I'm interested in
Ravenclaw's nice, but I believe you'll flourish best in
Hufflepuff!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:30 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:37 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Beetle Buttons
    This spell is one of the basic spells learned in second year. Again, it helps to work your ability to transfigure objects from creatures.

The word is derived from Latin, muto meaning to "change, alter, or transform", and buprestis meaning "beetle". It is the incantation used in Beetle Buttons, and is pronounced mute-o-boo-press-tis.

Looking back at our categories from last year, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform beetles into buttons. Beetle Buttons are buttons that were once beetles, but have undergone Transfiguration to become buttons. Many famous lines of wizard clothing use Beetle Buttons because they are cheap to come by.

The spell itself does not cast any light or noise, but strictly transforms beetles pointed at with the caster's wand into a button.

w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 2:40 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, holding a box and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. He thankfully knew the lesson they were working on that day was a simple one, and should get the class warmed up for other transfiguration work later in the year. At least that was his hope. He was all too aware of how easily his hopes could be dashed to pieces, however.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Hello, and welcome back to Transfiguration. I trust that your summer was uneventful, so we're going to head straight into a new spell to break the ice for the year. Thankfully this spell isn't too difficult, and we can easily work off the rust that you all have probably experienced over the summer. Which, now that that discussion has ended, let's talk about the spell itself.

"The spell on the board is called Mutobuprestis, which in Latin means, 'to change, alter, or transform beetles.' Yes, I know, I can already hear the complaints about working with bugs. However, the spell itself is relatively simple, and it's function is to transform beetles into buttons. The spell, as well as its components for the formula are on the board, so I would like for you to copy down notes from the board and please come up to grab a beetle from the box. If you happen to squash your beetle, don't worry, there's plenty in the box and all you have to do is request a new one."
                                                Rick set the box on the table and stood back, waiting for people to get their items and return to their desks. Hopefully this won't be a tragedy like some other lessons that he had witnessed before.

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 6:00 pm
User Image
Faina Patrovna-Harcroft
SlytherinSecond YearTwelve Years OldSingle

Transfigurations wasn't exactly Faina's favourite subject, but it wasn't her worst either (that would be Herbology). On the plus side, once the class was over, the weekend was waiting for her, and there was something to be said for that. She rather appreciated Professor Drage dispensing with reviews and going straight into new subject matter, it was more interesting than the usual regurgitation of last year. She took careful notes as the professor conducted his lecture, as she didn't want to screw up when the time came to put his lecture to practice.

While she wasn't particularly thrilled about working with a bug, she made no outward indication of it as she went up to collect her test subject. Upon returning to her seat, she practiced the wand movements and incantation a few times before focusing her efforts upon the beetle. Unfortunately, she applied too much effort as she mispronounced one of the syllables, and knew something was horribly wrong as soon as she cast her spell. Faina's eyes widened as wisps of smoke rose off the beetle an instant before the unfortunate creature burst into flame...

OOC:
Username

User Image
                  "Precious and fragile things, need special handling
                  My God what have we done to you?

We always try to share, the tenderest of care
                  Now look what we have put you through

Things get damaged, things get broken
                  I thought we'd manage, but words left unspoken
                  Left us so brittle, there was so little left to give "

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:36 pm
~ New Year ~

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:37 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Beetle Buttons
    This spell is one of the basic spells learned in second year. Again, it helps to work your ability to transfigure objects from creatures.

The word is derived from Latin, muto meaning to "change, alter, or transform", and buprestis meaning "beetle". It is the incantation used in Beetle Buttons, and is pronounced mute-o-boo-press-tis.

Looking back at our categories from last year, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform beetles into buttons. Beetle Buttons are buttons that were once beetles, but have undergone Transfiguration to become buttons. Many famous lines of wizard clothing use Beetle Buttons because they are cheap to come by.

The spell itself does not cast any light or noise, but strictly transforms beetles pointed at with the caster's wand into a button.

w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge

Please Remember!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 1:38 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, holding a box and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. He thankfully knew the lesson they were working on that day was a simple one, and should get the class warmed up for other transfiguration work later in the year. At least that was his hope. He was all too aware of how easily his hopes could be dashed to pieces, however.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Hello, and welcome back to Transfiguration. I trust that your summer was uneventful, so we're going to head straight into a new spell to break the ice for the year. Thankfully this spell isn't too difficult, and we can easily work off the rust that you all have probably experienced over the summer. Which, now that that discussion has ended, let's talk about the spell itself.

"The spell on the board is called Mutobuprestis, which in Latin means, 'to change, alter, or transform beetles.' Yes, I know, I can already hear the complaints about working with bugs. However, the spell itself is relatively simple, and it's function is to transform beetles into buttons. The spell, as well as its components for the formula are on the board, so I would like for you to copy down notes from the board and please come up to grab a beetle from the box. If you happen to squash your beetle, don't worry, there's plenty in the box and all you have to do is request a new one."
                                                Rick set the box on the table and stood back, waiting for people to get their items and return to their desks. Hopefully this won't be a tragedy like some other lessons that he had witnessed before.

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:45 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:47 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Beetle Buttons

w= any wand power
    c= fair

Reparifarge

Please Remember!
    User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:48 pm
User Image

User Image

════════════════════════

════════════════════════

════════════════════════
                                                OOC:

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas