Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Second Year Classes
Transfiguration II (1/4) *New Class 2/10* Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:35 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:36 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Beetle Buttons
    This spell is one of the basic spells learned in second year. Again, it helps to work your ability to transfigure objects from creatures.

The word is derived from Latin, muto meaning to "change, alter, or transform", and buprestis meaning "beetle". It is the incantation used in Beetle Buttons, and is pronounced mute-o-boo-press-tis.

Looking back at our categories from last year, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform beetles into buttons. Beetle Buttons are buttons that were once beetles, but have undergone Transfiguration to become buttons. Many famous lines of wizard clothing use Beetle Buttons because they are cheap to come by.

The spell itself does not cast any light or noise, but strictly transforms beetles pointed at with the caster's wand into a button.

The level of this Transfiguration is somewhat basic.

t= Transformation of an beetle into a button
    a= caster must be heavier than the beetle
    v= intent must be at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair
    Z= well-spoken, as clear as possible

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2019 8:37 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, holding a box and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. He thankfully knew the lesson they were working on that day was a simple one, and should get the class warmed up for other transfiguration work later in the year. At least that was his hope. He was all too aware of how easily his hopes could be dashed to pieces, however.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Hello, and welcome back to Transfiguration. I trust that your summer was uneventful, so we're going to head straight into a new spell to break the ice for the year. Thankfully this spell isn't too difficult, and we can easily work off the rust that you all have probably experienced over the summer. Which, now that that discussion has ended, let's talk about the spell itself.

"The spell on the board is called Mutobuprestis, which in Latin means, 'to change, alter, or transform beetles.' Yes, I know, I can already hear the complaints about working with bugs. However, the spell itself is relatively simple, and it's function is to transform beetles into buttons. The spell, as well as its components for the formula are on the board, so I would like for you to copy down notes from the board and please come up to grab a beetle from the box. If you happen to squash your beetle, don't worry, there's plenty in the box and all you have to do is request a new one."
                                                Rick set the box on the table and stood back, waiting for people to get their items and return to their desks. Hopefully this won't be a tragedy like some other lessons that he had witnessed before.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: Well, this shouldn't be so difficult.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 5:12 pm
User Image
☽Aldrick✩Knapp☾
Gryffindor Second YearUser Image

▬▬ Make your life a masterpiece; ▬▬

Aldrick grinned when he saw the notes on the board, beetles into buttons. He wrote down the spell and drew a beetle, then a button, and an arrow between the two. This would be a great spell to learn, he would be able to make a beetle into a button, and use the button for his art wants. He could probably find a spell to change the color of the button as well. Transfiguration probably wasn't totally useless, especially if it meant he would never urn out of art supplies. He thought ot himself, wondering if one could thread buttons into hair... it would be an interesting art work to try.... on lizzie... when she wasn't paying attention.

▬▬ imagine no limitations on what you can be, have, or do. ▬▬

Where: Class
With Whom: Second years
Aldrick Description: 4'8" Blond boy with gorgeous eyes.
Wearing: School Robes
OOC: Open for interaction

Quote:

Quote:

Stefan Lee Salvatore
Crew

Invisible Gekko

15,475 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Cheerbringer 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:45 pm
~ New Year ~

PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:46 pm
On The Board:

Welcome Back!

Beetle Buttons
    This spell is one of the basic spells learned in second year. Again, it helps to work your ability to transfigure objects from creatures.

The word is derived from Latin, muto meaning to "change, alter, or transform", and buprestis meaning "beetle". It is the incantation used in Beetle Buttons, and is pronounced mute-o-boo-press-tis.

Looking back at our categories from last year, this spell falls under the Transformation Transfiguration branch. It is used to transform beetles into buttons. Beetle Buttons are buttons that were once beetles, but have undergone Transfiguration to become buttons. Many famous lines of wizard clothing use Beetle Buttons because they are cheap to come by.

The spell itself does not cast any light or noise, but strictly transforms beetles pointed at with the caster's wand into a button.

The level of this Transfiguration is somewhat basic.

t= Transformation of an beetle into a button
    a= caster must be heavier than the beetle
    v= intent must be at least medium-mild
    w= any wand power
    c= fair
    Z= well-spoken, as clear as possible

Reparifarge
    This spell is the basic spell for Untransfiguration. It should be used to help undo mistakes during transfiguration as well as to revert an object that has been transfigured back into its original form. The incantation for this spell is Reparifarge, or for easier pronunciation, "re-par-ee-far-je."

Please Remember!
    As these spells always require the use of the formula for transfiguration, it shall be listed here. Please keep in mind the correct amounts for each part of the equation.
    User Image

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Feb 10, 2020 9:47 pm
User Image
                                                I had a dream the other night
                                                About how we only get one life
                                                Woke me up right after two
                                                Stayed awake and stared at you
                                                So I wouldn't lose my mind

User Image

════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Tʀᴀɴsғɪɢᴜʀᴀᴛɪᴏɴ Pʀᴏғᴇssᴏʀ || Pᴏᴛɪᴏɴᴇᴇʀ

════════════════════════

Rick was sitting on his desk, holding a box and waiting for the class to get into the classroom before starting the lesson. He thankfully knew the lesson they were working on that day was a simple one, and should get the class warmed up for other transfiguration work later in the year. At least that was his hope. He was all too aware of how easily his hopes could be dashed to pieces, however.

He waited until the last of the students were in the classroom before he waved his wand and closed the doors behind them. He then looked around the classroom, deciding to get started. "Hello, and welcome back to Transfiguration. I trust that your summer was uneventful, so we're going to head straight into a new spell to break the ice for the year. Thankfully this spell isn't too difficult, and we can easily work off the rust that you all have probably experienced over the summer. Which, now that that discussion has ended, let's talk about the spell itself.

"The spell on the board is called Mutobuprestis, which in Latin means, 'to change, alter, or transform beetles.' Yes, I know, I can already hear the complaints about working with bugs. However, the spell itself is relatively simple, and it's function is to transform beetles into buttons. The spell, as well as its components for the formula are on the board, so I would like for you to copy down notes from the board and please come up to grab a beetle from the box. If you happen to squash your beetle, don't worry, there's plenty in the box and all you have to do is request a new one."
                                                Rick set the box on the table and stood back, waiting for people to get their items and return to their desks. Hopefully this won't be a tragedy like some other lessons that he had witnessed before.

════════════════════════
                                                Location: Transfiguration classroom
                                                Thinking: Well, this shouldn't be so difficult.
                                                OOC:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And I had the week that came from hell
                                                And yes I know that you could tell
                                                But you're like the net under the ledge
                                                When I go flying off the edge
                                                You go flying off as well

Second Year Classes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas