Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Muggle World (Chatterbox)
After All This Time? Always.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:19 pm
User Image

The Harry Potter fandom has lost a prominent member of it's family today with the death of Alan Rickman, 69, to cancer. As many of you are aware, he played Severus Snape, a dynamic and complicated character in the series, and the world is lessened by the loss of such a wonderful actor. This thread is a tribute to the man who brought to life one of the most important characters in the series, as well as his life and works. It is with a heavy heart that I say that whenever I see the words "After all this time?" it will forever bring me to tears with a meaningful reply of, "Always." Rest in peace, Alan Rickman, and may your family find solace in the grief they are undoubtedly experiencing right now.

~ Hogwarts Crew

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 1:31 pm
User Image

spaceNot the sort of news you want to wake up to in the morning. Severus Snape was, if not necessarily beloved by me, greatly appreciated, for all his faults and nuances and depth, and no one could have possibly given him life the way Alan Rickman did. I will forever be grateful for the wonderful portrayal of one of my favorite fictional characters, for the dedication he showed to the films, and everything he made me feel. I feel like a part of my childhood has died. My love for this man did not stop at the Harry Potter series, and I admire his portrayal of every role. No one could play such an antagonist, and no one had such a wonderfully chill-inducing voice. His contributions to cinema and to my life will always be appreciated, and I am saddened that there will be no more.  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:22 pm
I have not been so affected by a celebrity death since Robin Williams. While I didn't know Alan Rickman personally, I feel as though a part of me has died along with this amazingly talented man. He was a very prominent part of my childhood and always will be. He may be gone, but he will most certainly never be forgotten.

Rest in Peace Alan Rickman, no one else could have portrayed Severus Snape as well as you.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 7:42 pm
Hearing the news of Alan Rickman's passing not till this afternoon, I was saddened by it. When watching Harry Potter I remember completely disliking Professor Snape much like Harry and his friends did. I always saw him as the bad guy and a teacher I would never want to have in my life time. Then when it came time to reveal he was really a good guy, I hated myself for it. Now I find myself hating it even more that I even disliked his character - despite doing an amazing job. Of course after that I came to see Alan in many other films. I loved the work he did and will always remember him whenever I watch the one's I've come to love.

Rest in Peace Alan Rickman, You'll never be forgotten.  

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Graydon Ironshield

Colorful Codger

1,050 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 17, 2016 6:12 pm
Hearing about Alan Rickman's death at work cast a pall upon the rest of my day. A world without Severus Snape is a poorer place indeed. It says much about his strength as an actor as to how much we admired his work and disliked his character because of the way he treated Harry, and yet how much we loved him when his true motivation was revealed.. Not me. Severus Snape reminded me strongly of those teachers whom I had in real life, whom everyone else hated, but from whom I would learn the most from. These were the teachers whom shaped us most.

Of course, I saw him first as Hans Gruber in 'Die Hard', which coloured my original perception of Snape, however I have trouble thinking anybody else could ever play this multi-layered 'villian'. I also loved his turn on 'Galaxy Quest', but Severus Snape has become my favourite role of his, his voice his the one I hear when I reread the books, and always will.

Requiem En Pace, Alan Rickman. You will be missed.  
Muggle World (Chatterbox)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games