Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2016 9:20 am
Numbers
Chapter 19
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, and vnto Aaron, saying,

2 This is the ordinance of the Law, which the Lord hath commaunded, saying, Speake vnto the children of Israel, that they bring thee a red heifer without spot, wherein is no blemish, and vpon which neuer came yoke.

3 And ye shall giue her vnto Eleazar the Priest, that hee may bring her forth without the campe, and one shall slay her before his face.

4 And Eleazar the Priest shall take of her blood with his finger, and sprinckle of her blood directly before the Tabernacle of the Congregation seuen times.

5 And one shall burne the heifer in his sight: her skinne, and her flesh, and her blood, with her doung, shall he burne.

6 And the Priest shall take Cedarwood, and hysope, and scarlet, and cast it into the midst of the burning of the heifer.

7 Then the Priest shall wash his clothes, and hee shall bathe his flesh in water, and afterward he shall come into the campe, and the Priest shalbe vncleane vntill the euen.

8 And he that burneth her, shall wash his clothes in water, and bathe his flesh in water, and shall be vncleane vntill the Euen.

9 And a man that is cleane, shall gather vp the ashes of the heifer, and lay them vp without the campe in a cleane place, and it shall bee kept for the Congregation of the children of Israel, for a water of separation: it is a purification for sinne.

10 And he that gathereth the ashes of the heifer, shall wash his clothes, and be vncleane vntil the Euen: and it shall be vnto the children of Israel, and vnto the stranger that soiourneth among them, for a statute for euer.

11 ¶ He that toucheth the dead body of any man, shall bee vncleane seuen dayes.

12 He shall purifie himselfe with it on the third day, and on the seuenth day he shall be cleane: but if he purifie not himselfe the third day, then the seuenth day he shall not be cleane.

13 Whosoeuer toucheth the dead bodie of any man that is dead, and purifieth not himselfe, defileth the Tabernacle of the Lord, and that soule shall be cut off from Israel, because the water of separation was not sprinckled vpon him: he shall be vncleane, his vncleannesse is yet vpon him.

14 This is the law, when a man dieth in a tent; all that come into the tent, and all that is in the tent, shalbe vnclean seuen dayes.

15 And euery open vessel which hath no couering bound vpon it, is vncleane.

16 And whosoeuer toucheth one that is slaine with a sword in the open fields, or a dead body, or a bone of a man, or a graue, shall be vncleane seuen dayes.

17 And for an vncleane person they shall take of the ashes of the burnt heifer of purification for sinne, and running water shall bee put thereto in a vessell:

18 And a cleane person shall take hysope, and dippe it in the water, and sprinckle it vpon the tent, and vpon all the vessels, and vpon the persons that were there, and vpon him that touched a bone, or one slaine, or one dead, or a graue.

19 And the cleane person shal sprinkle vpon the vncleane on the third day, and on the seuenth day: and on the seuenth day he shall purifie himselfe, and wash his clothes, and bathe himselfe in water, and shall be cleane at Euen.

20 But the man that shall bee vncleane, and shall not purifie himselfe, that soule shall bee cut off from among the Congregation: because he hath defiled the Sanctuary of the Lord, the water of separation hath not beene sprinkled vpon him, he is vncleane.

21 And it shall be a perpetuall statute vnto them, that he that sprinkleth the water of separation, shall wash his clothes: and he that toucheth the water of separation, shall be vncleane vntill Euen.

22 And whatsoeuer the vncleane person toucheth, shall be vncleane: and the soule that toucheth it, shall bee vncleane vntill Euen.  
PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 2:19 am
Numbers
Chapter 20

1 Then came the children of Israel, euen the whole Congregation, into the desert of Zin, in the first moneth: and the people abode in Kadesh, and Miriam died there, and was buried there.

2 And there was no water for the Congregation: and they gathered themselues together against Moses and against Aaron.

3 And the people c***e with Moses, and spake, saying, Would God that we had died when our brethren died before the Lord.

4 And why haue yee brought vp the Congregation of the Lord into this wildernesse, that we and our cattell should die there?

5 And wherefore haue ye made vs to come vp out of Egypt, to bring vs in vnto this euil place? it is no place of seed, or of figges, or vines, or of pomegranates, neither is there any water to drinke.

6 And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly, vnto the doore of the Tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell vpon their faces: and the glory of the Lord appeared vnto them.

7 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

8 Take the rodde, and gather thou the assembly together, thou and Aaron thy brother, and speake yee vnto the rocke before their eyes, and it shall giue foorth his water, and thou shalt bring foorth to them, water out of the rocke: so thou shalt giue the Congregation, and their beasts drinke.

9 And Moses tooke the rod from before the Lord, as he commanded him.

10 And Moses and Aaron gathered the Congregation together before the rocke, and hee said vnto them, Heare now, ye rebels; must we fetch you water out of this rocke?

11 And Moses lift vp his hand, and with his rod he smote the rocke twice: and the water came out abundantly, and the Congregation dranke, and their beasts also.

12 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses and Aaron, Because ye beleeue me not, to sanctifie me in the eyes of the children of Israel, therefore ye shall not bring this Congregation into the land which I haue giuen them.

13 This is the water of Meribah, because the children of Israel stroue with the Lord; and he was sanctified in them.

14 ¶ And Moses sent messengers from Kadesh, vnto the King of Edom; Thus saith thy brother Israel, Thou knowest all the trauaile that hath befallen vs:

15 How our fathers went downe into Egypt, and we haue dwelt in Egypt a long time: and the Egyptians vexed vs, and our fathers.

16 And when wee cryed vnto the Lord, he heard our voyce, and sent an Angel, and hath brought vs foorth out of Egypt: and behold, wee are in Kadesh, a citie in the vttermost of thy border.

17 Let vs passe, I pray thee, thorow thy countrey: we will not passe thorow the fields, or thorow the Uineyards, neither will we drinke of the water of the wells: wee will goe by the Kings high-way, we wil not turne to the right hand nor to the left, vntill wee haue passed thy borders.

18 And Edom said vnto him, Thou shalt not passe by me, lest I come out against thee with the sword.

19 And the children of Israel said vnto him, We will goe by the high-way: and if I and my cattell drinke of thy water, then I will pay for it: I will onely (without doing any thing else) go thorow on my feet.

20 And he said, Thou shalt not goe thorow. And Edom came out against him with much people, and with a strong hand.

21 Thus Edom refused to giue Israel passage thorow his border: wherefore Israel turned away from him.

22 ¶ And the children of Israel, euen the whole Congregation, iourneyed from Kadesh, and came vnto mount Hor.

23 And the Lord spake vnto Moses and Aaron in mount Hor, by the coast of the land of Edom, saying;

24 Aaron shall bee gathered vnto his people: for hee shall not enter into the land which I haue giuen vnto the children of Israel, because yee rebelled against my word at the water of Meribah.

25 Take Aaron, and Eleazar his sonne, and bring them vp vnto mount Hor.

26 And strippe Aaron of his garments, and put them vpon Eleazar his sonne, and Aaron shall be gathered vnto his people, and shall die there.

27 And Moses did as the Lord commaunded: and they went vp into mount Hor, in the sight of all the Congregation.

28 And Moses stripped Aaron of his garments, and put them vpon Eleazar his sonne, and Aaron died there in the top of the mount: and Moses and Eleazar came downe from the mount.

29 And when all the Congregation saw that Aaron was dead, they mourned for Aaron thirty dayes, euen all the house of Israel.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 5:20 am
Numbers
Chapter 21

1 And when king Arad the Canaanite, which dwelt in the South, heard tell that Israel came by the way of the spies, then hee fought against Israel, and tooke some of them prisoners.

2 And Israel vowed a vow vnto the Lord, and said, If thou wilt in deed deliuer this people into my hand, then I wil vtterly destroy their cities.

3 And the Lord hearkened to the voyce of Israel, and deliuered vp the Canaanites: and they vtterly destroyed them, and their cities, and hee called the name of the place Hormah.

4 ¶ And they iourneyed from mount Hor, by the way of the red sea, to compasse the land of Edom: and the soule of the people was much discouraged because of the way.

5 And the people spake against God and against Moses, Wherefore haue ye brought vs vp out of Egypt, to die in the wildernesse? for there is no bread, neither is there any water, and our soule loatheth this light bread.

6 And the Lord sent fierie serpents among the people, and they bit the people, and much people of Israel died.

7 ¶ Therefore the people came to Moses, and said, We haue sinned: for wee haue spoken against the Lord, and against thee: pray vnto the Lord that hee take away the serpents from vs: and Moses prayed for the people.

8 And the Lord said vnto Moses, Make thee a fierie serpent, and set it vpon a pole: and it shall come to passe, that euery one that is bitten, when hee looketh vpon it, shall liue.

9 And Moses made a serpent of brasse, and put it vpon a pole, and it came to passe, that if a serpent had bitten any man, when hee beheld the serpent of brasse, he liued.

10 ¶ And the children of Israel set forward, and pitched in Oboth.

11 And they iourneyed from Oboth, and pitched at Iie-Abarim, in the wildernes which is before Moab, toward the Sunne rising.

12 ¶ From thence they remooued, and pitched in the valley of Zared.

13 From thence they remooued, and pitched on the other side of Arnon, which is in the wildernesse that commeth out of the coasts of the Amorites: for Arnon is the border of Moab, betweene Moab and the Amorites.

14 Wherefore it is said in the booke of the warres of the Lord, what he did in the Red sea, and in the brookes of Arnon,

15 And at the streame of the brookes that goeth downe to the dwelling of Ar, & lieth vpon the border of Moab.

16 And from thence they went to Beer: that is the well whereof the Lord spake vnto Moses, Gather the people together, and I will giue them water.

17 ¶ Then Israel sang this song, Spring vp O well, Sing ye vnto it:

18 The Princes digged the well, the nobles of the people digged it, by the direction of the Law-giuer, with their staues. And from the wildernesse they went to Mattanah:

19 And from Mattanah, to Nahaliel, and from Nahaliel to Bamoth:

20 And from Bamoth in the valley, that is in the countrey of Moab, to the toppe of Pisgah, which looketh toward Ieshimon.

21 ¶ And Israel sent messengers vnto Sihon king of the Amorites, saying,

22 Let me passe thorow thy land, we will not turne into the fields, or into the vineyards, we will not drinke of the waters of the well: but we will goe along by the kings high way, vntill wee be past thy borders.

23 And Sihon would not suffer Israel to passe thorow his border: but Sihon gathered all his people together, and went out against Israel into the wildernes: and he came to Iahaz, and fought against Israel.

24 And Israel smote him with the edge of the sword, and possessed his land from Arnon vnto Iabok, euen vnto the children of Ammon: for the border of the children of Ammon was strong.

25 And Israel tooke all these cities: and Israel dwelt in all the cities of the Amorites, in Heshbon, and in all the villages thereof.

26 For Heshbon was the citie of Sihon the King of the Amorites, who had fought against the former King of Moab, and taken all his land out of his hand, euen vnto Arnon.

27 Wherefore they that speake in prouerbes, say, Come into Heshbon: let the citie of Sihon bee built and prepared.

28 For there is a fire gone out of Heshbon, a flame from the citie of Sihon: it hath consumed Ar of Moab, and the lordes of the high places of Arnon.

29 Woe to thee, Moab, thou art vndone, O people of Chemosh: he hath giuen his sonnes that escaped, and his daughters, into captiuitie vnto Sihon King of the Amorites.

30 We haue shot at them; Heshbon is perished euen vnto Dibon, and we haue layde them waste euen vnto Nophah, which reacheth vnto Medeba.
31 ¶ Thus Israel dwelt in the land of the Amorites.

32 And Moses sent to spy out Iaazer, and they tooke the villages thereof, and droue out the Amorites that were there.

33 ¶ And they turned and went vp by the way of Bashan: and Og the King of Bashan went out against them, he, and all his people, to the battell at Edrei.

34 And the Lord said vnto Moses, Feare him not: for I haue deliuered him into thy hand, and all his people, and his land, and thou shalt doe to him as thou didst vnto Sihon King of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon.

35 So they smote him & his sonnes, and all his people, vntill there was none left him aliue, and they possessed his land.  
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:23 am
Numbers
Chapter 22

1 And the children of Israel set forward, and pitched in the plaines of Moab, on this side Iordane by Iericho.

2 ¶ And Balak the sonne of Zippor, saw all that Israel had done to the Amorites.

3 And Moab was sore afraid of the people, because they were many, and Moab was distressed, because of the children of Israel.

4 And Moab said vnto the elders of Midian; Now shall this company licke vp all that are round about vs, as the oxe licketh vp the grasse of the field. And Balak the sonne of Zippor, was King of the Moabites at that time.

5 He sent messengers therefore vnto Balaam the sonne of Beor, to Pethor, which is by the riuer of the land of the children of his people, to call him, saying, Behold, there is a people come out from Egypt: beholde, they couer the face of the earth, and they abide ouer against me.

6 Come now therefore, I pray thee, curse mee this people, for they are too mightie for me: peraduenture I shall preuaile, that we may smite them, and that I may driue them out of the land: for I wot that he whom thou blessest, is blessed, and hee whom thou cursest, is cursed.

7 And the elders of Moab, and the elders of Midian departed, with the rewards of diuination in their hand; and they came vnto Balaam, and spake vnto him the words of Balak.

8 And hee said vnto them, Lodge here this night, and I will bring you word againe as the Lord shal speake vnto mee: and the Princes of Moab abode with Balaam.

9 And God came vnto Balaam, and said, What men are these with thee?

10 And Balaam said vnto God, Balak the sonne of Zippor, King of Moab, hath sent vnto me, saying;

11 Behold, there is a people come out of Egypt, which couereth the face of the earth: Come now, curse me them; peraduenture I shalbe able to ouercome them, and driue them out.

12 And God saide vnto Balaam; Thou shalt not goe with them, thou shalt not curse the people: for they are blessed.

13 And Balaam rose vp in the morning, and said vnto the Princes of Balak, Get you into your land: for the Lord refuseth to giue mee leaue to goe with you.

14 And the Princes of Moab rose vp, and they went vnto Balak, and said, Balaam refuseth to come with vs.

15 ¶ And Balak sent yet againe Princes, moe, and more honourable then they.

16 And they came to Balaam, and said to him, Thus saith Balak the son of Zippor; Let nothing, I pray thee, hinder thee from comming vnto me:

17 For I wil promote thee vnto very great honour, and I will do whatsoeuer thou saiest vnto me: Come therefore, I pray thee, curse me this people.

18 And Balaam answered and said vnto the seruants of Balak, If Balak would giue me his house full of siluer and gold, I cannot goe beyond the word of the Lord my God, to doe lesse or more.

19 Now therefore, I pray you, tarie yee also here this night, that I may know what the Lord will say vnto me more.

20 And God came vnto Balaam at night, and said vnto him, If the men come to call thee, rise vp, and goe with them: but yet the word which I shall say vnto thee, that shalt thou doe.

21 And Balaam rose vp in the morning, and sadled his asse, and went with the princes of Moab.

22 ¶ And Gods anger was kindled, because he went: and the Angel of the Lord stood in the way for an aduersarie against him: Now he was riding vpon his asse, and his two seruants were with him.

23 And the Asse sawe the Angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawen in his hand: and the asse turned aside out of the way, and went into the field: and Balaam smote the asse, to turne her into the way.

24 But the Angel of the Lord stood in a path of the vineyards, a wall being on this side, & a wall on that side.

25 And when the asse saw the Angel of the Lord, she thrust her selfe vnto the wall, and crusht Balaams foote against the wall: and hee smote her againe.

26 And the Angel of the Lord went further, and stood in a narrowe place, where was no way to turne, either to the right hand, or to the left.

27 And when the asse sawe the Angel of the Lord, shee fell downe vnder Balaam, and Balaams anger was kindled, and hee smote the asse with a staffe.

28 And the Lord opened the mouth of the asse, and shee saide vnto Balaam, What haue I done vnto thee, that thou hast smitten mee these three times?

29 And Balaam said vnto the asse, Because thou hast mocked mee: I would there were a sword in mine hand, for now would I kill thee.

30 And the asse said vnto Balaam, Am not I thine asse, vpon which thou hast ridden euer since I was thine, vnto this day? was I euer wont to do so vnto thee? And he said, Nay.

31 Then the Lord opened the eyes of Balaam, and hee saw the Angel of the Lord standing in the way, and his sword drawen in his hand: and hee bowed downe his head, and fell flat on his face.

32 And the Angel of the Lord said vnto him, Wherefore hast thou smitten thine asse these three times? Behold, I went out to withstand thee, because thy way is peruerse before me.

33 And the asse saw me, and turned from me these three times: vnlesse shee had turned from me, surely now also I had slaine thee, and saued her aliue.

34 And Balaam said vnto the Angel of the Lord, I haue sinned: for I knew not that thou stoodest in the way against mee: Now therefore if it displease thee, I will get mee backe againe.

35 And the Angel of the Lord said vnto Balaam, Goe with the men: but onely the word that I shall speake vnto thee, that thou shalt speake: So Balaam went with the princes of Balak.

36 ¶ And when Balak heard that Balaam was come, hee went out to meete him, vnto a citie of Moab, which is in the border of Arnon, which is in the vtmost coast.

37 And Balak said vnto Balaam, Did I not earnestly send vnto thee to call thee? wherefore camest thou not vnto me? Am I not able indeed to promote thee to honour?

38 And Balaam saide vnto Balak, Loe, I am come vnto thee: haue I now any power at all to say any thing? the worde that God putteth in my mouth, that shall I speake.

39 And Balaam went with Balak, and they came vnto Kiriath-Huzoth.

40 And Balak offered oxen, and sheepe, and sent to Balaam, and to the princes that were with him.

41 And it came to passe on the morrow, that Balak tooke Balaam, and brought him vp into the high places of Baal, that thence hee might see the vtmost part of the people.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 2:14 am
Numbers
Chapter 23

1 And Balaam saide vnto Balak, Build me here seuen Altars, and prepare mee here seuen oxen, and seuen rammes.

2 And Balak did as Balaam had spoken, and Balak & Balaam offered on euery altar a bullocke and a ramme.

3 And Balaam said vnto Balak, Stand by thy burnt offring, and I wil goe: peraduenture the Lord will come to meete mee; and whatsoeuer he sheweth me, I will tell thee. And he went to an high place.

4 And God met Balaam, and he said vnto him, I haue prepared seuen altars, and I haue offered vpon euery altar a bullocke and a ramme.

5 And the Lord put a word in Balaams mouth, and said, Returne vnto Balak, & thus thou shalt speake.

6 And he returned vnto him, and loe, he stood by his burnt sacrifice, hee, and all the Princes of Moab.

7 And he tooke vp his parable, and said, Balak the King of Moab hath brought mee from Aram, out of the mountaines of the East, saying, Come, curse me Iacob, and come, defie Israel.

8 How shall I curse, whom God hath not cursed? or how shall I defie, whom the Lord hath not defied?

9 For from the top of the rockes I see him, and from the hilles I behold him: loe, the people shall dwell alone, and shall not bee reckoned among the nations.

10 Who can count the dust of Iacob, and the number of the fourth part of Israel? Let mee die the death of the righteous, & let my last end be like his.

11 And Balak saide vnto Balaam, What hast thou done vnto me? I tooke thee to curse mine enemies, and behold, thou hast blessed them altogether.

12 And he answered, and said, Must I not take heede to speake that which the Lord hath put in my mouth?

13 And Balak said vnto him, Come, I pray thee, with me, vnto another place, from whence thou mayest see them: thou shalt see but the vtmost part of them, and shalt not see them all: and curse me them from thence.

14 ¶ And hee brought him into the fielde of Zophim, to the toppe of Pisgah, and built seuen altars, and offered a bullocke and a ramme on euery altar.

15 And he said vnto Balak, Stand here by thy burnt offering, while I meete the Lord yonder.

16 And the Lord met Balaam, and put a word in his mouth, and saide, Goe againe vnto Balak, and say thus.

17 And when hee came to him, behold, he stood by his burnt offring, and the Princes of Moab with him. And Balak said vnto him, What hath the Lord spoken?

18 And he tooke vp his parable, and said, Rise vp Balak, & heare; hearken vnto me, thou sonne of Zippor:

19 God is not a man that he should lie, neither the sonne of man, that hee should repent: hath he said, and shall he not doe it? or, hath hee spoken, and shall he not make it good?

20 Behold, I haue receiued commandement to blesse: and hee hath blessed, and I cannot reuerse it.

21 Hee hath not beheld iniquitie in Iacob, neither hath he seene peruersenesse in Israel: the Lord his God is with him, and the shoute of a King is among them.

22 God brought them out of Egypt; he hath as it were the strength of an Unicorne.

23 Surely there is no inchantment against Iacob, neither is there any diuination against Israel: according to this time it shalbe said of Iacob, and of Israel, What hath God wrought!

24 Beholde, the people shall rise vp as a great Lion, and lift vp himselfe as a yong Lion: hee shall not lie downe vntill he eate of the pray, and drinke the blood of the slaine.

25 ¶ And Balak said vnto Balaam, Neither curse them at all, nor blesse them at all.

26 But Balaam answered, and said vnto Balak, Told not I thee, saying, All that the Lord speaketh, that I must doe?

27 ¶ And Balak saide vnto Balaam, Come, I pray thee, I will bring thee vnto another place, peraduenture it will please God, that thou mayest curse me them from thence.

28 And Balak brought Balaam vnto the top of Peor, that looketh toward Ieshimon.

29 And Balaam saide vnto Balak, Build mee here seuen altars, and prepare me here seuen bullocks, and seuen rammes.

30 And Balak did as Balaam had said, and offred a bullocke and a ramme on euery altar.  
PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 6:42 am
Numbers
Chapter 24

1 And when Balaam sawe that it pleased the Lord to blesse Israel, hee went not, as at other times to seeke for inchantments, but hee set his face toward the wildernesse.

2 And Balaam lift vp his eyes, and he saw Israel abiding in his tents, according to their Tribes: and the Spirit of God came vpon him.

3 And he tooke vp his parable, and said, Balaam the sonne of Beor hath said, and the man whose eyes are open hath said:

4 Hee hath said, which heard the words of God, which saw the vision of the Almightie, falling into a trance, but hauing his eyes open:

5 How goodly are thy tents, O Iacob, and thy Tabernacles, O Israel!

6 As the valleyes are they spread forth, as gardens by the riuer side, as the trees of Lign-Aloes which the Lord hath planted, and as Cedar trees beside the waters.

7 He shall powre the water out of his buckets, and his seed shall be in many waters, and his King shall be higher then Agag, and his Kingdome shall be exalted.

8 God brought him forth out of Egypt, he hath as it were the strength of an Unicorne: he shall eate vp the nations his enemies, and shall breake their bones, and pierce them thorow with his arrowes.

9 Hee couched, he lay downe as a Lyon, and as a great Lyon: who shal stirre him vp? Blessed is hee that blesseth thee, and cursed is hee that curseth thee.

10 ¶ And Balaks anger was kindled against Balaam, and hee smote his hands together: and Balak said vnto Balaam, I called thee to curse mine enemies, and behold, thou hast altogether blessed them these three times.

11 Therefore now, flee thou to thy place: I thought to promote thee vnto great honour, but loe, the Lord hath kept thee backe from honour.

12 And Balaam said vnto Balak, Spake I not also to thy messengers which thou sentest vnto me, saying,

13 If Balak would give mee his house full of siluer and gold, I cannot goe beyond the commandement of the Lord, to doe either good or bad of mine owne mind? But what the Lord saith, that will I speake.

14 And now beholde, I goe vnto my people: come therefore, and I will aduertise thee, what this people shall doe to thy people in the latter dayes.

15 ¶ And hee tooke vp his parable, and said, Balaam the sonne of Beor hath said, and the man whose eyes are open, hath said:

16 He hath said which heard the words of God, and knewe the knowledge of the most High, which sawe the vision of the Almightie, falling into a trance, but hauing his eyes open.

17 I shall see him, but not now: I shall behold him, but not nigh: There shall come a starre out of Iacob, and a Scepter shall rise out of Israel, and shall smite the corners of Moab, and destroy all the children of Sheth.

18 And Edom shall bee a possession, Seir also shall be a possession for his enemies, and Israel shall doe valiantly.

19 Out of Iacob shall come he that shall haue dominion, and shall destroy him that remaineth of the citie.

20 ¶ And when he looked on Amalek, he tooke vp his parable, and sayd, Amalek was the first of the nations, but his latter end shall bee, that hee perish for euer.

21 And hee looked on the Kenites, and tooke vp his parable, and saide, Strong is thy dwelling place, and thou puttest thy nest in a rocke:

22 Neuerthelesse, the Kenite shall be wasted, vntil Asshur shal carie thee away captiue.

23 And he tooke vp his parable, and said, Alas! who shall liue when God doeth this?

24 And shippes shall come from the coast of Chittim, and shal afflict Asshur, and shall afflict Eber, and hee also shall perish for euer.

25 And Balaam rose vp, and went and returned to his place: and Balak also went his way.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2016 6:50 am
Numbers
Chapter 25

1 And Israel abode in Shittim, and the people begun to commit whoredome with the daughters of Moab.

2 And they called the people vnto the sacrifices of their gods: and the people did eate, and bowed downe to their gods.

3 And Israel ioyned himselfe vnto Baal-Peor: and the anger of the Lord was kindled against Israel.

4 And the Lord said vnto Moses, Take all the heads of the people, and hang them vp before the Lord against the Sunne, that the fierce anger of the Lord may be turned away from Israel.

5 And Moses said vnto the Iudges of Israel, Slay ye euery one his men, that were ioyned vnto Baal-Peor.

6 ¶ And behold, one of the children of Israel came and brought vnto his brethren a Midianitish woman, in the sight of Moses, and in the sight of all the Congregation of the children of Israel, who were weeping before the doore of the Tabernacle of the Congregation.

7 And when Phinehas the sonne of Eleazar, the sonne of Aaron the Priest saw it, hee rose vp from amongst the Congregation, and tooke a iauelin in his hand.

8 And he went after the man of Israel into the tent, and thrust both of them thorow, the man of Israel, and the woman, thorow her belly: So the plague was stayed from the children of Israel.

9 And those that died in the plague, were twentie and foure thousand.

10 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

11 Phinehas the sonne of Eleazar, the sonne of Aaron the Priest, hath turned my wrath away from the children of Israel, (while hee was zealous for my sake among them) that I consumed not the children of Israel in my ielousie.

12 Wherefore say, Behold, I giue vnto him my Couenant of peace.

13 And he shall haue it, and his seed after him, euen the Couenant of an euerlasting Priesthood, because he was zealous for his God, and made an atonement for the children of Israel.

14 Now the name of the Israelite that was slaine, euen that was slaine with the Midianitish woman, was Zimri the sonne of Salu, a Prince of a chiefe house among the Simeonites.

15 And the name of the Midianitish woman that was slaine, was Cozbi, the daughter of Zur, hee was head ouer a people, and of a chiefe house in Midian.

16 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

17 Uexe the Midianites, and smite them:

18 For they vexe you with their wiles, wherewith they haue beguiled you, in the matter of Peor, and in the matter of Cozbi, the daughter of a Prince of Midian their sister, which was slaine in the day of the plague, for Peors sake.  
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2016 3:07 am
Numbers
Chapter 26

1 And it came to passe after the plague, that the Lord spake vnto Moses, and vnto Eleazar the sonne of Aaron the Priest, saying,

2 Take the summe of all the Congregation of the children of Israel, from twenty yeeres old and vpward, throughout their fathers house, all that are able to goe to warre in Israel.

3 And Moses & Eleazar the Priest spake with them in the plaines of Moab by Iordane neere Iericho, saying,

4 Take the summe of the people from twenty yeeres old and vpward, as the Lord commanded Moses, and the children of Israel which went foorth out of the land of Egypt.

5 ¶ Reuben the eldest sonne of Israel: the children of Reuben, Hanoch, of whom commeth the family of the Hanochites: of Pallu the family of the Palluites:

6 Of Hesron the family of the Hesronites: of Carmi the family of the Carmites.

7 These are the families of the Reubenites: and they that were numbred of them, were fourtie and three thousand, and seuen hundred and thirtie.

8 And the sonnes of Pallu, Eliab.

9 And the sonnes of Eliab, Nemuel, and Dathan, and Abiram: this is that Dathan & Abiram, which were famous in the Congregation, who stroue against Moses and against Aaron in the companie of Korah, when they stroue against the Lord:

10 And the earth opened her mouth, and swallowed them vp together with Korah when that companie died, what time the fire deuoured two hundred and fiftie men: and they became a signe.

11 Notwithstanding, the children of Korah died not.

12 ¶ The sonnes of Simeon, after their families: Of Nemuel, the family of the Nemuelites: Of Iamin, the familie of the Iaminites: Of Iachin, the familie of the Iachinites:

13 Of Zerah, the familie of the Zarhites: Of Shaul, the familie of the Shaulites.

14 These are the families of the Simeonites, twentie and two thousand, and two hundred.

15 ¶ The children of Gad after their families: Of Zephon, the familie of the Zephonites: of Haggi the familie of the Haggites: of Shuni the familie of the Shunites.

16 Of Ozni, the familie of the Oznites: Of Eri the familie of the Erites.

17 Of Arod the familie of the Arodites: of Areli the familie of the Arelites.

18 These are the families of the children of Gad, according to those that were numbred of them, fourtie thousand and fiue hundred.

19 ¶ The sonnes of Iudah, were Er and Onan: and Er and Onan died in the land of Canaan.

20 And the sonnes of Iudah after their families were: Of Shelah the familie of the Shelanites: Of Pharez the familie of the Pharzites: Of Zerah the familie of the Zarhites.

21 And the sonnes of Pharez were: Of Hesron the familie of the Hesronites: Of Hamul the familie of the Hamulites.

22 These are the families of Iudah according to those that were numbred of them, threescore and sixteene thousand and fiue hundred.

23 ¶ Of the sonnes of Issachar after their families: Of Tola the familie of the Tolaites: of Pua the familie of the Punites.

24 Of Iashub the familie of the Iashubites: of Shimron the familie of the Shimronites.

25 These are the families of Issachar according to those that were numbred of them, threescore and foure thousand, and three hundred.

26 ¶ Of the sonnes of Zebulun after their families, of Sered the familie of the Sardites: Of Elon the familie of the Elonites: of Iahleel the familie of the Iahleelites.

27 These are the families of the Zebulunites, according to those that were numbred of them, threescore thousand and fiue hundred.

28 ¶ The sonnes of Ioseph after their families, were Manasseh and Ephraim.

29 Of the sonnes of Manasseh: Of Machir the familie of the Machirites: and Machir begate Gilead: Of Gilead come the familie of the Gileadites.

30 These are the sonnes of Gilead: Of Ieezer the family of the Ieezerites: Of Helek the familie of the Helekites.

31 And of Asriel the family of the Asrielites: and of Shechem the familie of the Shechemites.

32 And of Shemida the familie of the Shemidaites: and of Hepher the familie of the Hepherites.

33 ¶ And Zelophehad the sonne of Hepher had no sonnes, but daughters: and the names of the daughters of Zelophehad, were Mahlah, and Noah, Hoglah, Milcah, and Tirzah.

34 These are the families of Manasseh, and those that were numbred of them, fiftie and two thousand and seuen hundred.

35 ¶ These are the sonnes of Ephraim, after their families: Of Shuthelah the familie of the Shuthalhites: Of Becher the familie of the Bachrites: Of Tahan the familie of the Tahanites.

36 And these are the sonnes of Shuthelah: Of Eran the familie of the Eranites.

37 These are the families of the sonnes of Ephraim, according to those that were numbred of them, thirtie and two thousand, and fiue hundred. These are the sonnes of Ioseph after their families.

38 ¶ The sonnes of Beniamin after their families: Of Bela the familie of the Belaites: Of Ashbel the familie of the Ashbelites: Of Ahiram the family of the Ahiramites:

39 Of Shupham the family of the Shuphamites: Of Hupham the family of the Huphamites.

40 And the sonnes of Bela were Ard and Naaman: of Ard, the family of the Ardites: and of Naaman the family of the Naamites.

41 These are the sonnes of Beniamin after their families; and they that were numbred of them, were fourty and fiue thousand, and sixe hundred.

42 ¶ These are the sonnes of Dan after their families: Of Shuham the family of the Shuhamites. These are the families of Dan, after their families.

43 All the families of the Shuhamites, according to those that were numbred of them, were three score and foure thousand, and foure hundred.

44 ¶ Of the children of Asher after their families: Of Iimna the family of the Iimnites: Of Iesui the family of the Iesuites: Of Beriah the family of the Beriites.

45 Of the sonnes of Beriah; of He.ber the family of the He.berites*: of Malchiel, the family of the Malchielites.

46 And the name of the daughter of Asher, was Sarah.

47 These are the families of the sonnes of Asher, according to those that were numbred of them; who were fiftie and three thousand, and foure hundred.

48 Of the sonnes of Naphtali, after their families, of Iahzeel the family of the Iahzeelites: Of Guni, the family of the Gunites:

49 Of Iezer, the family of the Iezerites: Of Shillem the family of the Shillemites.

50 These are the families of Naphtali, according to their families: and they that were numbred of them, were fourty and fiue thousand, and foure hundred.

51 These were the numbred of the children of Israel, sixe hundred thousand, and a thousand, seuen hundred and thirtie.

52 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

53 Unto these the land shall be diuided for an inheritance, according to the number of names.

54 To many thou shalt giue the more inheritance, and to few thou shalt giue the lesse inheritance: to euery one shall his inheritance be giuen, according to those that were numbred of him.

55 Notwithstanding the land shall bee diuided by lot: according to the names of the tribes of their fathers, they shall inherite.

56 According to the lot shall the possession thereof be diuided betweene many and few.

57 ¶ And these are they that were numbred of the Leuites, after their families: Of Gershon, the family of the Gershonites: Of Kohath the family of the Kohathites: Of Merari the family of the Merarites.

58 These are the families of the Leuites: the family of the Libnites, the family of the Hebronites, the family of the Mahlites, the family of the Mushites, the family of the Korathites: and Kohath begate Amram.

59 And the name of Amrams wife was Iochebed the daughter of Leui, whom her mother bare to Leui in Egypt: And shee bare vnto Amram, Aaron and Moses, and Miriam their sister.

60 And vnto Aaron was borne Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.

61 And Nadab and Abihu died, when they offered strange fire before the Lord.

62 And those that were numbred of them, were twenty and three thousand, all males from a moneth old and vpward: for they were not numbred among the children of Israel, because there was no inheritance giuen them among the children of Israel.

63 ¶ These are they that were numbred by Moses and Eleazar the Priest, who numbred the children of Israel in the plaines of Moab, by Iordane neere Iericho.

64 But among these there was not a man of them, whom Moses and Aaron the Priest numbred, when they numbred the children of Israel in the wildernesse of Sinai.

65 For the Lord had said of them, They shall surely die in the wildernesse: and there was not left a man of them, saue Caleb the sonne of Iephunneh, and Ioshua the sonne of Nun.

* Periods inserted to get around Gaia word censor.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 12:35 am
Numbers
Chapter 27

1 Then came the daughters of Zelophehad, the sonne of Hepher, the sonne of Gilead, the sonne of Machir, the sonne of Manasseh, of the families of Manasseh, the sonne of Ioseph; and these are the names of his daughters: Mahlah, Noah, and Hoglah, and Milcah, and Tirzah.

2 And they stood before Moses, and before Eleazar the Priest, and before the Princes, and all the Congregation, by the doore of the Tabernacle of the Congregation, saying,

3 Our father died in the wildernesse, and he was not in the company of them that gathered themselues together against the Lord in the company of Korah: but died in his owne sinne, and had no sonnes.

4 Why should the name of our father be done away from among his family, because he hath no sonne? Giue vnto vs therefore a possession among the brethren of our father.

5 And Moses brought their cause before the Lord.

6 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

7 The daughters of Zelophehad speake right: thou shalt surely giue them a possession of an inheritance among their fathers brethren, and thou shalt cause the inheritance of their father to passe vnto them.

8 And thou shalt speake vnto the children of Israel, saying, If a man die, and haue no sonne, then yee shall cause his inheritance to passe vnto his daughter.

9 And if he haue no daughter, then yee shall giue his inheritance vnto his brethren.

10 And if he haue no brethren, then yee shall giue his inheritance vnto his fathers brethren.

11 And if his father haue no brethren, then ye shall giue his inheritance vnto his kinseman that is next to him of his family, and hee shall possesse it: And it shall be vnto the children of Israel a statute of iudgement, as the Lord commanded Moses.

12 ¶ And the Lord saide vnto Moses, Get thee vp into this mount Abarim, and see the land which I haue giuen vnto the children of Israel.

13 And when thou hast seene it, thou also shalt be gathered vnto thy people, as Aaron thy brother was gathered.

14 For ye rebelled against my Commandement (in the desart of Zin, in the strife of the Congregation) to sanctifie me at the water, before their eyes: that is the water of Meribah in Kadesh in the wildernesse of Zin.

15 ¶ And Moses spake vnto the Lord, saying,

16 Let the Lord, the God of the spirits of all flesh, set a man ouer the Congregation,

17 Which may goe out before them, and which may goe in before them, and which may lead them out, and which may bring them in, that the Congregation of the Lord bee not as sheepe which haue no shepheard.

18 ¶ And the Lord saide vnto Moses, Take thee Ioshua the sonne of Nun, a man in whom is the spirit, and lay thine hand vpon him.

19 And set him before Eleazar the Priest, and before all the Congregation: and giue him a charge in their sight.

20 And thou shalt put some of thine honour vpon him, that all the Congregation of the children of Israel may be obedient.

21 And he shall stand before Eleazar the Priest, who shall aske counsell for him, after the iudgement of Urim before the Lord: at his word shal they goe out, and at his word they shal come in, both he, and al the children of Israel with him, euen all the Congregation.

22 And Moses did as the Lord commanded him: and he tooke Ioshua and set him before Eleazar the Priest, and before all the Congregation.

23 And hee layd his handes vpon him, and gaue him a charge, as the Lord commaunded by the hand of Moses.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 3:45 am
Numbers
Chapter 28

1 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

2 Command the children of Israel, and say vnto them, My offering, and my bread for my sacrifices, made by fire for a sweet sauour vnto mee, shall yee obserue, to offer vnto me, in their due season.

3 And thou shalt say vnto them, This is the offering made by fire, which ye shall offer vnto the Lord: Two lambes of the first yeere without spot day by day, for a continuall burnt offering.

4 The one lambe shalt thou offer in the morning, and the other lambe shalt thou offer at Euen.

5 And a tenth part of an Ephah of flowre for a meate offering, mingled with the fourth part of an Hyn of beaten oyle.

6 It is a continuall burnt offering which was ordeined in mount Sinai for a sweete sauour, a sacrifice made by fire vnto the Lord.

7 And the drinke offering thereof shall be the fourth part of an Hyn for the one lambe: in the holy place shalt thou cause the strong wine to bee powred vnto the Lord for a drinke offring.

8 And the other lambe shalt thou offer at Euen: as the meate offring of the morning, and as the drinke offering thereof, thou shalt offer it, a sacrifice made by fire of a sweet sauour vnto the Lord.

9 ¶ And on the Sabbath day, two lambes of the first yeere without spot, and two tenth deales of flowre for a meate offering mingled with oyle, and the drinke offering thereof.

10 This is the burnt offring of euery Sabbath, beside the continuall burnt offering, and his drinke offering.

11 ¶ And in the beginnings of your moneths, ye shall offer a burnt offering vnto the Lord: Two yong bullocks and one ramme, seuen lambs of the first yeere, without spot,

12 And three tenth deales of flowre for a meate offering, mingled with oyle, for one bullocke, and two tenth deales of flowre for a meat offering, mingled with oyle, for one ramme:

13 And a seueral tenth deale of flowre mingled with oyle for a meate offering, vnto one lambe, for a burnt offering of a sweet sauour, a sacrifice made by fire vnto the Lord.

14 And their drinke offerings shal be halfe an Hin of wine vnto a bullocke, and the third part of an Hin vnto a ramme, and a fourth part of an Hin vnto a lambe: This is the burnt offring of euery moneth, throughout the moneths of the yeere.

15 And one kidde of the goates for a sinne offering vnto the Lord shalbe offered, besides the continuall burnt offring and his drinke offering.

16 And in the fourteenth day of the first moneth, is the Passeouer of the Lord.

17 And in the fifteenth day of this moneth is the feast: seuen dayes shall vnleauened bread be eaten.

18 In the first day shall bee an holy conuocation, yee shall doe no maner of seruile worke therein.

19 But ye shall offer a sacrifice made by fire for a burnt offering vnto the Lord, two yong bullockes, and one ramme, and seuen lambes of the first yeere: they shall be vnto you without blemish.

20 And their meate offering shall be of flowre mingled with oyle: three tenth deales shall ye offer for a bullocke, and two tenth deales for a ramme.

21 A seuerall tenth deale shalt thou offer for euery lambe, throughout the seuen lambes:

22 And one goat for a sinne offering, to make an atonement for you.

23 Ye shal offer these beside the burnt offering in the morning, which is for a continuall burnt offering.

24 After this maner yee shall offer dayly throughout the seuen dayes, the meat of the sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet sauour vnto the Lord: it shal be offred beside the continuall burnt offring, and his drinke offering.

25 And on the seuenth day yee shall haue an holy conuocation: yee shall doe no seruile worke.

26 ¶ Also in the day of the first fruits when ye bring a new meat offering vnto the Lord, after your weekes bee out: ye shall haue an holy conuocation, ye shall doe no seruile worke.

27 But yee shall offer the burnt offering for a sweete sauour vnto the Lord, two yong bullockes, one ramme, seuen lambes of the first yeere.

28 And their meat offering of flowre mingled with oyle, three tenth deales vnto one bullocke, two tenth deales vnto one ramme,

29 A seuerall tenth deale vnto one lambe, thorowout the seuen lambes,

30 And one kidde of the goates, to make an atonement for you.

31 Ye shall offer them besides the continuall burnt offering, and his meat offering, (they shall be vnto you without blemish) and their drinke offerings.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:59 am
Numbers
Chapter 29

1 And in the seuenth moneth, on the first day of the moneth, ye shall haue an holy conuocation, yee shall doe no seruile worke: it is a day of blowing the trumpets vnto you.

2 And ye shall offer a burnt offering for a sweet sauour vnto the Lord, one yong bullocke, one ramme, and seuen lambes of the first yeere without blemish.

3 And their meat offering shall be of floure mingled with oyle, three tenth deales for a bullocke, and two tenth deales for a ramme:

4 And one tenth deale for one lambe thorowout the seuen lambes:

5 And one kidde of the goats for a sinne offering to make an atonement for you:

6 Beside the burnt offering of the moneth, and his meat offering, and the dayly burnt offering, and his meat offering, and their drinke offerings, according vnto their maner, for a sweet sauour, a sacrifice made by fire vnto the Lord.

7 ¶ And ye shall haue on the tenth day of this seuenth moneth an holy conuocation; and yee shall afflict your soules: yee shall not doe any worke therein.

8 But ye shall offer a burnt offering vnto the Lord for a sweet sauour, one yong bullock, one ramme, and seuen lambes of the first yeere, they shall bee vnto you without blemish.

9 And their meate offering shall be of floure mingled with oyle, three tenth deales to a bullocke, and two tenth deales to one ramme:

10 A seuerall tenth deale for one lambe, thorowout the seuen lambes;

11 One kidde of the goats for a sinne offering, beside the sinne offering of atonement, and the continuall burnt offering, and the meat offering of it, and their drinke offerings.

12 ¶ And on the fifteenth day of the seuenth moneth, yee shall haue an holy conuocation, yee shall doe no seruile worke, and ye shall keepe a feast vnto the Lord seuen dayes.

13 And ye shall offer a burnt offring, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet sauour vnto the Lord, thirteene yong bullocks, two rammes, and fourteene lambes of the first yeere: They shall be without blemish.

14 And their meat offering shall be of floure mingled with oyle, three tenth deales vnto euery bullocke of the thirteene bullocks, two tenth deales to each ramme of the two rammes:

15 And a seuerall tenth deale to each lambe of the foureteene lambes:

16 And one kidde of the goats for a sinne offring, beside the continual burnt offering, his meate offering, and his drinke offering.

17 ¶ And on the second day ye shal offer twelue yong bullocks, two rammes, foureteene lambes of the first yeere without spot.

18 And their meat offring, and their drinke offerings for the bullockes, for the rammes, and for the lambes, shall be according to their number, after the maner:

19 And one kidde of the goats for a sinne offering, beside the continuall burnt offering, and the meate offering thereof, and their drinke offerings.

20 ¶ And on the third day eleuen bullocks, two rammes, foureteene lambs of the first yere without blemish.

21 And their meate offering, and their drinke offerings for the bullocks, for the rammes, and for the lambes, shall be according to their number after the maner:

22 And one goat for a sinne offering, beside the continuall burnt offering, and his meate offering, and his drinke offering.

23 ¶ And on the fourth day ten bullocks, two rammes, and foureteene lambs of the first yere without blemish.

24 Their meat offering, and their drinke offerings, for the bullocks, for the rammes, and for the lambes, shall be according to their number after the maner:

25 And one kidde of the goats for a sin offering, beside the continuall burnt offering, his meate offering, and his drinke offering.

26 ¶ And on the fift day, nine bullockes, two rammes, and fourteene lambes of the first yeere, without spot:

27 And their meat offring and their drinke offerings, for the bullockes, for the rammes, and for the lambes, shall be according to their number after the maner:

28 And one goate for a sinne offring, beside the continuall burnt offring, and his meate offering and his drinke offering.

29 ¶ And on the sixt day eight bullockes, two rammes, and fourteene lambes of the first yeere without blemish:

30 And their meat offring, and their drinke offerings, for the bullockes, for the rammes, and for the lambes, shall be according to their number, after the maner:

31 And one goat for a sinne offering, beside the continuall burnt offering, his meate offering and his drinke offering.

32 ¶ And on the seuenth day, seuen bullockes, two rammes, and fourteene lambes of the first yeere without blemish.

33 And their meate offring, and their drinke offerings, for the bullockes, for the rammes, and for the lambes, shall be according to their number, after the maner:

34 And one goat for a sinne offring, beside the continuall burnt offering, his meate offering, and his drinke offring.

35 ¶ On the eight day, ye shall haue a solemne assembly: ye shall do no seruile worke therein:

36 But ye shal offer a burnt offring, a sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet sauour vnto the Lord, one bullocke, one ramme, seuen lambes of the first yeere without blemish:

37 Their meate offering, and their drinke offrings, for the bullocke, for the ramme, and for the lambes shall be according to their number, after the maner:

38 And one goat for a sinne offering, beside the continuall burnt offring, and his meate offering, and his drinke offering.

39 These things ye shall doe vnto the Lord in your set feasts, besides your vowes, and your free will offerings, for your burnt offerings, and for your meate offerings, and for your drinke offerings, and for your peace offerings.

40 And Moses tolde the children of Israel, according to all that the Lord commanded Moses.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2016 3:10 am
Numbers
Chapter 30

1 And Moses spake vnto the heads of the tribes, concerning the children of Israel, saying, This is the thing which the Lord hath commanded.

2 If a man vowe a vow vnto the Lord, or sweare an othe to bind his soule with a bond: he shall not breake his word, hee shall doe according to all that proceedeth out of his mouth.

3 If a woman also vow a vow vnto the Lord, and binde her selfe by a bond, being in her fathers house in her youth;

4 And her father heare her vow, and her bond wherewith shee hath bound her soule, and her father shall holde his peace at her: then all her vowes shall stand, and euery bond wherewith shee hath bound her soule, shall stand.

5 But if her father disallow her in the day that he heareth; not any of her vowes or of her bonds, wherewith she hath bound her soule, shall stand: and the Lord shall forgiue her, because her father disallowed her.

6 And if she had at all an husband when she vowed, or vttered ought out of her lips, wherewith shee bound her soule,

7 And her husband heard it, and held his peace at her in the day that hee heard it: then her vowes shall stand, and her bonds wherewith shee bound her soule, shall stand.

8 But if her husband disallowe her on the day that he heard it, then he shall make her vowe which she vowed, and that which she vttered with her lippes wherewith shee bound her soule, of none effect, and the Lord shall forgiue her.

9 But euery vow of a widow, and of her that is diuorced, wherewith they haue bound their soules, shall stand against her.

10 And if she vowed in her husbands house, or bound her soule by a bond with an oath;

11 And her husband heard it, and held his peace at her, and disallowed her not: then all her vowes shall stand, and euery bond wherewith shee bound her soule, shall stand.

12 But if her husband hath vtterly made them voyd on the day hee heard them: then whatsoeuer proceeded out of her lips concerning her vowes, or concerning the bond of her soule, shall not stand: her husband hath made them voyd, and the Lord shal forgiue her.

13 Euery vow, and euery binding othe to afflict the soule, her husband may establish it, or her husband may make it voyd.

14 But if her husband altogether hold his peace at her, from day to day, then he establisheth all her vowes, or all her bonds which are vpon her: hee confirmeth them, because hee held his peace at her, in the day that hee heard them.

15 But if hee shall any wayes make them voyd after that he hath heard them, then he shall beare her iniquitie.

16 These are the statutes which the Lord commanded Moses betweene a man and his wife, betweene the father and his daughter, being yet in her youth, in her fathers house.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 1:51 am
Numbers
Chapter 31

1 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

2 Auenge the children of Israel of the Midianites: afterward shalt thou be gathered vnto thy people.

3 And Moses spake vnto the people, saying, Arme some of your selues vnto the warre, and let them goe against the Midianites, and auenge the Lord of Midian.

4 Of euery tribe a thousand, throughout all the tribes of Israel, shall ye send to the warre.

5 So there were deliuered out of the thousands of Israel, a thousand of euery tribe, twelue thousand armed for warre.

6 And Moses sent them to the warre, a thousand of euery tribe, them and Phinehas the sonne of Eleazar the Priest, to the warre, with the holy instruments, and the trumpets to blow, in his hand.

7 And they warred against the Midianites, as the Lord commanded Moses, and they slew all the males.

8 And they slew the Kings of Midian, beside the rest of them that were slaine; namely Eui, and Rekem, and Zur, and Hur, and Reba, fiue Kings of Midian; Balaam also the sonne of Beor they slew with the sword.

9 And the children of Israel tooke all the women of Midian captiues, and their little ones, and tooke the spoile of all their cattell, and all their flocks, and all their goods.

10 And they burnt all their cities wherein they dwelt, and all their goodly castles with fire:

11 And they tooke all the spoile, and all the pray, both of men and of beasts.

12 And they brought the captiues, and the pray, and the spoile vnto Moses and Eleazar the Priest, and vnto the Congregation of the children of Israel, vnto the campe at the plaines of Moab, which are by Iordan neere Iericho.

13 ¶ And Moses and Eleazar the Priest, and all the Princes of the Congregation went foorth to meete them without the campe.

14 And Moses was wroth with the officers of the hoste, with the captaines ouer thousands, and captaines ouer hundreds, which came from the battel.

15 And Moses said vnto them, Haue ye saued all the women aliue?

16 Behold, these caused the children of Israel, through the counsell of Balaam, to commit trespasse against the Lord in the matter of Peor, and there was a plague among the Congregation of the Lord.

17 Now therefore kill euery male among the little ones, and kill euery woman that hath knowen man, by lying with him.

18 But all the women children that haue not knowen a man by lying with him, keepe aliue for your selues.

19 And doe yee abide without the campe seuen dayes: whosoeuer hath killed any person, and whosoeuer hath touched any slaine, purifie both your selues, and your captiues, on the third day, and on the seuenth day.

20 And purifie all your raiment, and all that is made of skinnes, and all worke of goates haire, and all things made of wood.

21 ¶ And Eleazar the Priest said vnto the men of warre which went to the battell, This is the ordinance of the law which the Lord commaunded Moses.

22 Onely the gold, and the siluer, the brasse, the yron, the tinne, and the lead,

23 Euery thing that may abide the fire, yee shall make it goe through the fire, and it shall be cleane: neuerthelesse, it shall be purified with the water of separation: and all that abideth not the fire, yee shall make goe through the water.

24 And ye shall wash your clothes on the seuenth day, and ye shalbe cleane, and afterward yee shall come into the campe.

25 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

26 Take the summe of the pray, that was taken, both of man and of beast, thou and Eleazar the Priest, and the chiefe fathers of the Congregation:

27 And diuide the pray into two parts, betweene them that tooke the warre vpon them, who went out to battell, and betweene all the Congregation.

28 And leuie a tribute vnto the Lord of the men of warre which went out to battell: one soule of fiue hundred, both of the persons, and of the beeues, and of the asses, and of the sheepe.

29 Take it of their halfe, and giue it vnto Eleazar the Priest, for an heaue offering of the Lord.

30 And of the children of Israels halfe, thou shalt take one portion of fiftie, of the persons, of the beeues, of the asses, and of the flockes, of all maner of beasts, and giue them vnto the Leuites, which keepe the charge of the Tabernacle of the Lord.

31 And Moses and Eleazar the Priest did as the Lord commanded Moses.

32 And the bootie being the rest of the pray which the men of war had caught, was six hundred thousand, and seuenty thousand, and fiue thousand sheepe,

33 And threescore and twelue thousand beeues,

34 And threescore and one thousand asses:

35 And thirtie and two thousand persons in all, of women that had not knowen man by lying with him.

36 And the halfe which was the portion of them that went out to warre, was in number three hundred thousand, and seuen and thirtie thousand, and fiue hundred sheepe.

37 And the Lords tribute of the sheepe was sixe hundred and threescore and fifteene.

38 And the beeues were thirtie and sixe thousand, of which the Lords tribute was threescore and twelue.

39 And the asses were thirtie thousand and fiue hundred, of which the Lords tribute was threescore and one.

40 And the persons were sixteene thousand, of which the Lords tribute was thirtie and two persons.

41 And Moses gaue the tribute which was the Lords heaue offering, vnto Eleazar the Priest, as the Lord commanded Moses.

42 And of the children of Israels halfe, which Moses diuided from the men that warred:

43 (Now the halfe that perteined vnto the Congregation, was three hundred thousand, and thirtie thousand, and seuen thousand, and fiue hundred sheepe:

44 And thirtie and sixe thousand beeues:

45 And thirtie thousand asses, and fiue hundred:

46 And sixteene thousand persons)

47 Euen of the children of Israels halfe, Moses tooke one portion of fiftie, both of man and of beast, and gaue them vnto the Leuites, which kept the charge of the Tabernacle of the Lord, as the Lord commanded Moses.

48 ¶ And the officers which were ouer thousands of the hoste, the captaines of thousands, and captaines of hundreds came neere vnto Moses.

49 And they said vnto Moses, Thy seruants haue taken the summe of the men of warre which are vnder our charge, and there lacketh not one man of vs.

50 Wee haue therefore brought an oblation for the Lord, what euerie man hath gotten, of iewels of golde chaines, and bracelets, rings, earerings, and tablets, to make an atonement for our soules before the Lord.

51 And Moses and Eleazar the Priest tooke the gold of them: euen all wrought iewels.

52 And all the gold of the offring that they offered vp to the Lord, of the captaines of thousands, and of the captaines of hundreds, was sixteene thousand, seuen hundred and fiftie shekels.

53 (For the men of warre had taken spoile, euery man for himselfe.)

54 And Moses and Eleazar the Priest tooke the gold of the captaines, of thousands, and of hundreds, and brought it into the Tabernacle of the Congregation, for a memoriall for the children of Israel before the Lord.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2016 12:41 am
Numbers
Chapter 32

1 Now the children of Reuben, and the children of Gad, had a very great multitude of cattell: and when they saw the land of Iazer, and the land of Gilead, that behold, the place was a place for cattell;

2 The children of Gad, and the children of Reuben, came and spake vnto Moses, and to Eleazar the Priest, and vnto the Princes of the Congregation, saying,

3 Ataroth, and Dibon, and Iazer, and Nimrah, and Heshbon, and Elealeh, and Shebam, and Nebo, and Beon,

4 Euen the countrey which the Lord smote before the Congregation of Israel, is a land for cattell, and thy seruants haue cattell.

5 Wherefore, said they, if wee haue found grace in thy sight, let this lande be giuen vnto thy seruants for a possession, and bring vs not ouer Iordane.

6 ¶ And Moses said vnto the children of Gad, and to the children of Reuben, Shall your brethren goe to warre, and shall ye sit here?

7 And wherefore discourage yee the heart of the children of Israel from going ouer into the lande, which the Lord hath giuen them?

8 Thus did your fathers, when I sent them from Kadesh Barnea to see the land.

9 For when they went vp vnto the valley of Eshcol, and saw the land, they discouraged the heart of the children of Israel, that they should not goe into the land which the Lord had giuen them.

10 And the Lords anger was kindled the same time, and hee sware, saying,

11 Surely none of the men that came vp out of Egypt, from twentie yeeres old and vpward, shall see the lande which I sware vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vnto Iacob, because they haue not wholly followed me:

12 Saue Caleb the sonne of Iephunneh the Kenezite, and Ioshua the sonne of Nun: for they haue wholly followed the Lord.

13 And the Lords anger was kindled against Israel, and hee made them wander in the wildernesse fourty yeeres, vntill all the generation that had done euill in the sight of the Lord was consumed.

14 And beholde, ye are risen vp in your fathers stead, an increase of sinfull men, to augment yet the fierce anger of the Lord toward Israel.

15 For if yee turne away from after him, hee will yet againe leaue them in the wildernesse, and ye shall destroy all this people.

16 ¶ And they came neere vnto him, and said, Wee will build sheepfoldes here for our cattell, and cities for our litle ones.

17 But we ourselues will goe ready armed before the children of Israel, vntill wee haue brought them vnto their place: and our litle ones shall dwell in the fenced cities, because of the inhabitants of the land.

18 Wee will not returne vnto our houses, vntill the children of Israel haue inherited euery man his inheritance:

19 For wee will not inherite with them on yonder side Iordane, or forward, because our inheritance is fallen to vs on this side Iordane Eastward.

20 ¶ And Moses said vnto them, If ye will doe this thing, if ye will goe armed before the Lord to warre,

21 And will goe all of you armed ouer Iordane before the Lord, vntill he hath driuen out his enemies from before him,

22 And the land bee subdued before the Lord: then afterward ye shall returne, and bee guiltlesse before the Lord, and before Israel; and this land shall be your possession before the Lord.

23 But if ye will not doe so, behold, yee haue sinned against the Lord: and bee sure your sinne will finde you out.

24 Build ye cities for your litle ones, and folds for your sheepe, and doe that which hath proceeded out of your mouth.

25 And the children of Gad, and the children of Reuben spake vnto Moses, saying, Thy seruants will doe as my lord commandeth.

26 Our little ones, our wiues, our flocks, and all our cattell shall be there in the cities of Gilead.

27 But thy seruants will passe ouer, euery man armed for warre, before the Lord to battell, as my lord saith.

28 So concerning them Moses commaunded Eleazar the Priest, and Ioshua the sonne of Nun, and the chiefe fathers of the tribes of the children of Israel:

29 And Moses said vnto them, If the children of Gad, and the children of Reuben will passe with you ouer Iordane, euery man armed to battell before the Lord, and the land shall be subdued before you, then ye shall giue them the land of Gilead for a possession:

30 But if they will not passe ouer with you armed, they shall haue possessions among you in the land of Canaan.

31 And the children of Gad, and the children of Reuben answered, saying, As the Lord hath said vnto thy seruants, so will we doe.

32 Wee will passe ouer armed before the Lord into the land of Canaan, that the possession of our inheritance on this side Iordane may be ours.

33 And Moses gaue vnto them, euen to the children of Gad, and to the children of Reuben; and vnto halfe the tribe of Manasseh the sonne of Ioseph, the kingdome of Sihon King of the Amorites, and the kingdome of Og King of Bashan, the land with the cities thereof, in the coastes, euen the cities of the countrey round about.

34 ¶ And the children of Gad built Dibon, and Ataroth, and Aroer,

35 And Atroth, Shophan, and Iaazer, and Iogbehah,

36 And Bethnimrah, and Bethharan, fenced cities: and foldes for sheepe.

37 And the children of Reuben built Heshbon, and Elealeh, and Kiriathaim,

38 And Nebo, and Baalmeon (their names being changed) and Shibmah: and gaue other names vnto the cities which they builded.

39 And the children of Machir, the sonne of Manasseh, went to Gilead, and tooke it, and dispossessed the Amorite which was in it.

40 And Moses gaue Gilead vnto Machir the sonne of Manasseh, and he dwelt therein.

41 And Iair the sonne of Manasseh went and tooke the small townes thereof, and called them Hauoth-Iair.

42 And Nobah went and tooke Kenath, and the villages thereof, and called it Nobah, after his owne name.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2016 4:57 am
Numbers
Chapter 33

1 These are the iourneyes of the children of Israel, which went foorth out of the land of Egypt, with their armies, vnder the hand of Moses and Aaron.

2 And Moses wrote their goings out according to their iourneyes, by the commandement of the Lord: and these are their iourneyes according to their goings out.

3 And they departed from Rameses in the first moneth, on the fifteenth day of the first moneth: on the morrow after the Passeouer, the children of Israel went out with an high hand in the sight of all the Egyptians.

4 (For the Egyptians buried all their first borne, which the Lord had smitten among them: vpon their gods also the Lord executed iudgements.)

5 And the children of Israel remoued from Rameses, and pitched in Succoth.

6 And they departed from Succoth, and pitched in Etham, which is in the edge of the wildernesse.

7 And they remoued from Etham, and turned againe vnto Pihahiroth, which is before Baal-zephon: and they pitched before Migdol.

8 And they departed from before Pihahiroth, and passed thorow the midst of the sea, into the wildernes, and went three dayes iourney in the wildernesse of Etham, and pitched in Marah.

9 And they remoued from Marah, and came vnto Elim, and in Elim were twelue fountaines of water, and three score and ten palme trees, and they pitched there.

10 And they remooued from Elim, and encamped by the red sea.

11 And they remooued from the red sea, and encamped in the wildernesse of Sin.

12 And they tooke their iourney out of the wildernesse of Sin, and encamped in Dophkah.

13 And they departed from Dophkah, and encamped in Alush.

14 And they remoued from Alush, and encamped at Rephidim, where was no water for the people to drinke.

15 And they departed from Rephidim, and pitched in the wildernesse of Sinai.

16 And they remoued from the desert of Sinai, and pitched at Kibroth Hattaauah.

17 And they departed from Kibroth Hattaauah, and encamped at Hazeroth.

18 And they departed from Hazeroth, and pitched in Rithmah.

19 And they departed from Rithmah, and pitched at Rimmon Parez.

20 And they departed from Rimmon Parez, and pitched in Libnah.

21 And they remoued from Libnah, and pitched at Rissah.

22 And they iourneyed from Rissah, and pitched in Kehelathah.

23 And they went from Kehelathah, and pitched in mount Shapher.

24 And they remoued from mount Shapher, and encamped in Haradah.

25 And they remooued from Haradah, and pitched in Makheloth.

26 And they remooued from Makheloth, and encamped at Tahath.

27 And they departed from Tahath, and pitched at Tarah.

28 And they remoued from Tarah, and pitched in Mithcah.

29 And they went from Mithcah, and pitched in Hashmonah.

30 And they departed from Hashmonah, and encamped at Moseroth.

31 And they departed from Moseroth, and pitched in Bene-Iaakan.

32 And they remooued from Bene-Iaakan, & encamped at Horhagidgad.

33 And they went from Horhagidgad, and pitched in Iotbathah.

34 And they remooued from Iotbathah, and encamped at Ebronah.

35 And they departed from Ebronah, and encamped at Ezion-gaber.

36 And they remoued from Ezion-gaber, and pitched in the wildernes of Zin, which is Kadesh.

37 And they remooued from Kadesh, and pitched in mount Hor, in the edge of the land of Edom.

38 And Aaron the Priest went vp into mount Hor, at the commandement of the Lord, and died there in the fourtieth yeere, after the children of Israel were come out of the lande of Egypt, in the first day of the fift moneth.

39 And Aaron was an hundred and twentie and three yeeres old, when hee died in mount Hor.

40 And King Arad the Canaanite (which dwelt in the South, in the land of Canaan) heard of the comming of the children of Israel.

41 And they departed from mount Hor, and pitched in Zalmonah.

42 And they departed from Zalmonah, and pitched in Punon.

43 And they departed from Punon, and pitched in Oboth.

44 And they departed from Oboth, and pitched in Iie-Abarim, in the border of Moab.

45 And they departed from Iim, and pitched in Dibon Gad.

46 And they remoued from Dibon Gad, and encamped in Almon-Diblathaim.

47 And they remooued from Almon-Diblathaim, and pitched in the mountaines of Abarim, before Nebo.

48 And they departed from the mountaines of Abarim, and pitched in the plaines of Moab, by Iordan neere Iericho.

49 And they pitched by Iordane from Beth-Iesimoth, euen vnto Abel Shittim, in the plaines of Moab.

50 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, in the plaines of Moab by Iordane, neere Iericho, saying,

51 Speake vnto the children of Israel, and say vnto them, When ye are passed ouer Iordane into the land of Canaan;

52 Then ye shall driue out all the inhabitants of the land from before you, and destroy all their pictures, and destroy all their molten images, and quite plucke downe all their high places.

53 And ye shall dispossesse the inhabitants of the land, and dwell therein: for I haue giuen you the land to possesse it.

54 And ye shall diuide the land by lot, for an inheritance among your families, and to the moe ye shall giue the more inheritance, and to the fewer yee shall giue the lesse inheritance: euery mans inheritance shall bee in the place where his lot falleth, according to the tribes of your fathers, ye shall inherite.

55 But if ye will not driue out the inhabitants of the land from before you, then it shall come to passe that those which ye let remaine of them, shall be prickes in your eyes, and thornes in your sides, and shal vexe you in the land wherein ye dwell.

56 Moreouer, it shall come to passe, that I shall do vnto you, as I thought to doe vnto them.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff