Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:52 am
Numbers
Chapter 34
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

2 Command the children of Israel, and say vnto them, When ye come into the land of Canaan, (this is the land that shall fall vnto you for an inheritance, euen the land of Canaan, with the coasts thereof.)

3 Then your South quarter shall be from the wildernesse of Zin, along by the coast of Edom, and your South border shall be the outmost coast of the salt Sea Eastward.

4 And your border shal turne from the South to the ascent of Akrabbim, and passe on to Zin: and the going foorth thereof shall be from the South to Kadesh-Barnea, and shall goe on to Hazar-Addar, and passe on to Azmon.

5 And the border shall fetch a comcompasse from Azmon vnto the riuer of Egypt, and the goings out of it shall be at the sea.

6 And as for the Westerne border, you shall euen haue the great sea for a border: this shall be your West border.

7 And this shall be your North border: from the great sea, you shall point out for you, mount Hor.

8 From mount Hor, ye shall point out your border vnto the entrance of Hamath: and the goings foorth of the border shall be to Zedad.

9 ¶ And the border shall goe on to Ziphron, and the goings out of it shall bee at Hazar Enan: this shall be your North border.

10 And ye shall point out your East border, from Hazar Enan to Shepham.

11 And the coast shall goe downe from Shepham to Riblah, on the East side of Ain: and the border shall descend and shall reach vnto the side of the sea of Chinnereth Eastward.

12 And the border shall goe downe to Iordane, and the goings out of it shall be at the salt sea: this shall be your land with the coastes thereof round about.

13 And Moses commanded the children of Israel, saying, This is the land which ye shall inherite by lot, which the Lord commanded to giue vnto the nine tribes, and to the halfe tribe.

14 For the tribe of the children of Reuben, according to the house of their fathers, and the tribe of the children of Gad, according to the house of their fathers, haue receiued their inheritance, and halfe the tribe of Manasseh haue receiued their inheritance.

15 The two tribes, and the halfe tribe haue receiued their inheritance on this side Iordane neere Iericho, Eastward, toward the Sunne rising.

16 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

17 These are the names of the men which shall diuide the land vnto you: Eleazar the Priest, and Ioshua the sonne of Nun.

18 And yee shall take one Prince of euery tribe, to diuide the land by inheritance.

19 And the names of the men are these: Of the tribe of Iudah, Caleb the sonne of Iephunneh.

20 And of the tribe of the children of Simeon, Shemuel the sonne of Ammihud.

21 Of the tribe of Beniamin, Elidad the sonne of Chislon.

22 And the Prince of the tribe of the children of Dan, Bukki the sonne of Iogli.

23 The Prince of the children of Ioseph: for the tribe of the children of Manasseh, Hanniel the sonne of Ephod.

24 And the Prince of the tribe of the children of Ephraim, Kemuel the sonne of Shiphtan.

25 And the Prince of the tribe of the children of Zebulun, Elizaphan the sonne of Parnach.

26 And the Prince of the tribe of the children of Issachar, Paltiel the sonne of Azzan.

27 And the Prince of the tribe of the children of Asher, Ahihud the sonne of Shelomi.

28 And the Prince of the tribe of the children of Naphtali, Pedahel the sonne of Ammihud.

29 These are they whom the Lord commaunded to diuide the inheritance vnto the children of Israel in the land of Canaan.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 1:15 am
Numbers Chapter 35

1 And the Lord spake vnto Moses in the plaines of Moab by Iordane, neere Iericho, saying,

2 Command the children of Israel, that they giue vnto the Leuites of the inheritance of their possession, cities to dwell in: and yee shall giue also vnto the Leuites suburbs for the cities round about them.

3 And the cities shall they haue to dwell in, and the suburbs of them shall be for their cattell, and for their goods, and for all their beasts.

4 And the suburbs of the cities, which yee shall giue vnto the Leuites, shall reach from the wall of the citie, and outward, a thousand cubites round about.

5 And ye shall measure from without the city on the Eastside two thousand cubites, and on the Southside two thousand cubites, and on the Westside two thousand cubites, & on the Northside two thousand cubites: and the citie shall be in the midst; this shalbe to them the suburbs of the cities.

6 And among the cities which yee shal giue vnto the Leuites, there shalbe sixe cities for refuge, which ye shall appoint for the manslayer, that hee may flee thither: And to them ye shall adde fourty and two cities.

7 So all the cities which ye shall giue to the Leuites, shall be fourty and eight cities: them shall yee giue with their suburbs.

8 And the cities which ye shal giue, shalbe of the possession of the children of Israel: from them that haue many ye shall giue many; but from them that haue few, ye shall giue few. Euery one shal giue of his cities vnto the Leuites, according to his inheritance which he inheriteth.

9 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

10 Speake vnto the children of Israel, and say vnto them, When ye bee come ouer Iordane, into the land of Canaan:

11 Then ye shall appoint you cities, to be cities of refuge for you; that the slayer may flee thither which killeth any person at vnawares.

12 And they shall be vnto you cities for refuge from the auenger, that the man-slayer die not, vntill he stand before the Congregation in iudgement.

13 And of these cities which ye shall giue, sixe cities shall ye haue for refuge.

14 Yee shall giue three cities on this side Iordane, and three cities shall yee giue in the land of Canaan, which shall be cities of refuge.

15 These sixe cities shall be a refuge, both for the children of Israel, and for the stranger, and for the soiourner among them: that euery one that killeth any person vnawares, may flee thither.

16 And if he smite him with an instrument of Iron, (so that he die,) hee is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.

17 And if he smite him with throwing a stone, (wherewith hee may die) and he die, he is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.

18 Or if he smite him with an handweapon of wood, (wherewith he may die) and he die, hee is a murderer: the murderer shall surely be put to death.

19 The reuenger of blood himselfe shall slay the murtherer: when he meeteth him, he shall slay him.

20 But if he thrust him of hatred, or hurle at him by laying of waite that he die,

21 Or in enmitie smite him with his hand, that he die: hee that smote him shall surely be put to death, for hee is a murderer: the reuenger of blood shall slay the murderer, when hee meeteth him.

22 But if hee thrust him suddenly without enmitie, or haue cast vpon him any thing without laying of wait,

23 Or with any stone wherewith a man may die, seeing him not, and cast it vpon him, that he die, and was not his enemie, neither sought his harme:

24 Then the Congregation shall iudge betweene the slayer, and the reuenger of blood, according to these iudgements.

25 And the Congregation shall deliuer the slayer out of the hand of the reuenger of blood, and the Congregation shal restore him to the city of his refuge, whither he was fled: and he shall abide in it vnto the death of the high Priest, which was annoynted with the holy oyle.

26 But if the slayer shall at any time come without the border of the citie of his refuge, whither he was fled:

27 And the reuenger of blood finde him without the borders of the citie of his refuge, and the reuenger of blood kill the slayer, he shall not be guiltie of blood:

28 Because he should haue remained in the citie of his refuge, vntill the death of the high Priest: but after the death of the hie Priest, the slayer shal returne into the land of his possession.

29 So these things shall be for a statute of iudgment vnto you, thorowout your generations in al your dwellings.

30 Who so killeth any person, the murderer shall be put to death, by the mouth of witnesses: but one witnesse shall not testifie against any person, to cause him to die.

31 Moreouer, yee shall take no satisfaction for the life of a murderer, which is guiltie of death, but he shalbe surely put to death.

32 And yee shall take no satisfaction for him that is fled to the citie of his refuge, that hee should come againe to dwell in the land, vntil the death of the Priest.

33 So ye shall not pollute the lande wherein ye are: for blood, it defileth the land: and the land cannot bee cleansed of the blood that is shed therein, but by the blood of him that shed it.

34 Defile not therefore the lande which yee shall inhabite, wherein I dwell: for I the Lord dwell among the children of Israel.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:37 am
Numbers
Chapter 36

1 And the chiefe fathers of the families of the children of Gilead, the sonne of Machir, the sonne of Manasseh, of the families of the sonnes of Ioseph, came neere, and spake before Moses, and before the Princes the chiefe fathers of the children of Israel.

2 And they said, The Lord commanded my lord to giue the lande for an inheritance by lot to the children of Israel: and my lord was commanded by the Lord, to giue the inheritance of Zelophehad our brother, vnto his daughters.

3 And if they bee married to any of the sonnes of the other tribes of the children of Israel, then shall their inheritance be taken from the inheritance of our fathers, and shall bee put to the inheritance of the tribe, whereinto they are receiued: so shal it be taken from the lot of our inheritance.

4 And when the Iubile of the children of Israel shall be, then shall their inheritance be put vnto the inheritance of the tribe, whereunto they are receiued: So shal their inheritance be taken away from the inheritance of the tribe of our fathers.

5 And Moses commanded the children of Israel, according to the worde of the Lord, saying, The tribe of the sonnes of Ioseph hath said well.

6 This is the thing which the Lord doeth command concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, Let them marry to whom they thinke best: onely to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry.

7 So shall not the inheritance of the children of Israel remooue from tribe to tribe: for euery one of the children of Israel shall keepe himselfe to the inheritance of the tribe of his fathers.

8 And euery daughter that possesseth an inheritance, in any tribe of the children of Israel, shall be wife vnto one of the family of the tribe of her father, that the children of Israel may enioy euery man the inheritance of his fathers.

9 Neither shall the inheritance remoue from one tribe to another tribe: but euery one of the tribes of the children of Israel, shall keepe himselfe to his owne inheritance.

10 Euen as the Lord commanded Moses, so did the daughters of Zelophehad.

11 For Mahlah, Tirzah, and Hoglah, and Milcah, and Noah the daughters of Zelophehad, were married vnto their fathers brothers sonnes.

12 And they were married into the families of the sonnes of Manasseh, the sonne of Ioseph, and their inheritance remained in the tribe of the family of their father.

13 These are the commandements and the iudgements which the Lord commanded by the hand of Moses, vnto the children of Israel in the plaines of Moab, by Iordane, neere Iericho.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:28 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 1

1 These bee the woordes which Moses spake vnto all Israel, on this side Iordane in the wildernes, in the plaine ouer against the Red sea, betweene Paran, and Tophel, and Laban, and Hazeroth, and Dizahab.

2 (There are eleuen daies iourney from Horeb, by the way of mount Seir, vnto Kadesh Barnea.)

3 And it came to passe in the fourtieth yeere, in the eleuenth moneth, on the first day of the moneth, that Moses spake vnto the children of Israel, according vnto all that the Lord had giuen him in commandement vnto them:

4 After hee had slaine Sihon the King of the Amorites, which dwelt in Heshbon, and Og the King of Bashan, which dwelt at Astaroth, in Edrei.

5 On this side Iordane, in the land of Moab, began Moses to declare this law, saying,

6 The Lord our God spake vnto vs in Horeb, saying, Ye haue dwelt long ynough in this mount:

7 Turne you, and take your iourney, and goe to the mount of the Amorites, and vnto all the places nigh thereunto, in the plaine, in the hills, and in the vale, and in the South, and by the sea side, to the land of the Canaanites, and vnto Lebanon, vnto the great riuer, the riuer Euphrates.

8 Behold, I haue set the land before you: Goe in, and possesse the land, which the Lord sware vnto your fathers, Abraham, Isaac, and Iacob, to giue vnto them, and to their seed after them.

9 ¶ And I spake vnto you at that time, saying, I am not able to beare you my selfe alone:

10 The Lord your God hath multiplied you, and beholde, you are this day as the starres of heauen for multitude.

11 (The Lord God of your fathers make you a thousand times so many moe as ye are, and blesse you as he hath promised you.)

12 How can I my selfe alone beare your cumbrance, and your burden, and your strife?

13 Take ye wise men, and vnderstanding, and knowen among your tribes, and I will make them rulers ouer you.

14 And ye answered me, and saide, The thing which thou hast spoken, is good for vs to doe.

15 So I tooke the chiefe of your tribes, wise men, and knowen, and made them heads ouer you, captaines ouer thousands, and captaines ouer hundreds, and captaines ouer fifties, and captaines ouer tennes, and officers among your tribes.

16 And I charged your Iudges at that time, saying, Heare the causes betweene your brethren, and iudge righteously betweene euery man and his brother, & the stranger that is with him.

17 Ye shall not respect persons in iudgement, but you shall heare the small aswell as the great: you shall not bee afraid of the face of man, for the iudgment is Gods: and the cause that is too hard for you, bring it vnto me, and I will heare it.

18 And I commanded you at that time all the things which ye should doe.

19 ¶ And when wee departed from Horeb, we went through all that great and terrible wildernes, which you saw by the way of the mountaine of the Amorites, as the Lord our God commanded vs: and wee came to Kadesh Barnea.

20 And I said vnto you, Ye are come vnto the mountaine of the Amorites, which the Lord our God doth giue vnto vs.

21 Behold, the Lord thy God hath set the land before thee: Goe vp, and possesse it, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath said vnto thee: Feare not, neither be discouraged.

22 ¶ And ye came neere vnto mee euery one of you, and said, We will send men before vs, and they shall search vs out the land, and bring vs word againe, by what way we must goe vp, and into what cities we shall come.

23 And the saying pleased mee well: and I tooke twelue men of you, one of a tribe.

24 And they turned and went vp into the mountaine, and came vnto the valley of Eshcol, and searched it out.

25 And they tooke of the fruit of the land in their handes, and brought it downe vnto vs, and brought vs worde againe, and said, It is a good lande which the Lord our God doeth giue vs.

26 Notwithstanding, ye would not goe vp, but rebelled against the commandement of the Lord your God.

27 And ye murmured in your tents and said, Because the Lord hated vs, he hath brought vs forth out of the land of Egypt, to deliuer vs into the hand of the Amorites, to destroy vs:

28 Whither shall wee goe vp? our brethren haue discouraged our heart, saying, The people is greater and taller then we, the cities are great, and walled vp to heauen, and moreouer we haue seene the sonnes of the Anakims there.

29 Then I said vnto you, Dread not, neither be afraid of them.

30 The Lord your God which goeth before you, he shall fight for you, according to all that hee did for you in Egypt before your eyes:

31 And in the wildernes, where thou hast seene how that the Lord thy God bare thee, as a man doth beare his sonne, in all the way that ye went, vntil ye came into this place.

32 Yet in this thing ye did not beleeue the Lord your God,

33 Who went in the way before you to search you out a place to pitch your tents in, in fire by night, to shew you by what way ye should goe, and in a cloud by day.

34 And the Lord heard the voice of your words, and was wroth, and sware, saying,

35 Surely there shall not one of these men of this euill generation see that good land, which I sware to giue vnto your fathers:

36 Saue Caleb the sonne of Iephunneh, he shall see it, and to him will I giue the land that he hath troden vpon, and to his children, because hee hath wholly followed the Lord.

37 Also the Lord was angry with me for your sakes, saying, Thou also shalt not goe in thither.

38 But Ioshua the sonne of Nun, which standeth before thee, he shall goe in thither. Encourage him: for he shall cause Israel to inherite it.

39 Moreouer, your litle ones, which ye said should be a pray, and your children, which in that day had no knowledge betweene good and euil, they shall goe in thither; and vnto them will I giue it, and they shall possesse it.

40 But as for you, turne ye, and take your iourney into the wildernesse, by the way of the Red sea.

41 Then ye answered, and said vnto mee, Wee haue sinned against the Lord, we will goe vp and fight, according to all that the Lord our God commanded vs. And when ye had girded on euery man his weapons of warre, yee were ready to goe vp into the hill.

42 And the Lord said vnto me, Say vnto them, Goe not vp, neither fight, for I am not among you: least ye be smitten before your enemies.

43 So I spake vnto you, and you would not heare, but rebelled against the commandement of the Lord, and went presumptuously vp into the hill.

44 And the Amorites which dwelt in that mountaine, came out against you,
and chased you, as Bees doe, and destroyed you in Seir, euen vnto Hormah.

45 And ye returned and wept before the Lord; but the Lord would not hearken to your voyce, nor giue eare vnto you.

46 So yee abode in Kadesh many dayes, according vnto the dayes that ye abode there.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 3:19 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 2

1 Then we turned, and tooke our iourney into the wildernesse, by the way of the Red sea, as the Lord spake vnto mee: and wee compassed mount Seir many dayes.

2 And the Lord spake vnto me, saying,

3 Yee haue compassed this mountaine long enough: turne you Northward.

4 And commaund thou the people, saying, Ye are to passe through the coast of your brethren the children of Esau, which dwell in Seir, and they shall be afraid of you: take ye good heed vnto your selues therefore.

5 Meddle not with them, for I will not giue you of their land, no not so much as a foote breadth, because I haue giuen mount Seir vnto Esau for a possession.

6 Ye shall buy meat of them for money, that ye may eat, and yee shall also buy water of them for money, that yee may drinke.

7 For the Lord thy God hath blessed thee, in all the workes of thy hand: hee knoweth thy walking thorow this great wildernesse: these fourtie yeres the Lord thy God hath bene with thee, thou hast lacked nothing.

8 And when we passed by from our brethren the children of Esau, which dwelt in Seir, thorow the way of the plaine from Elath, and from Ezion-Gaber, wee turned and passed by the way of the wildernesse of Moab.

9 And the Lord said vnto mee, Distresse not the Moabites, neither contend with them in battell: for I wil not giue thee of their land for a possession, because I haue giuen Ar vnto the children of Lot for a possession.

10 The Emims dwelt therein in times past, a people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims:

11 Which also were accounted giants, as the Anakims, but the Moabites call them Emims.

12 The Horims also dwelt in Seir beforetime, but the children of Esau succeeded them when they had destroyed them from before them, & dwelt in their stead, as Israel did vnto the land of his possession, which the Lord gaue vnto them.

13 Now rise vp, said I, and get you ouer the brooke Zered: and we went ouer the brooke Zered.

14 And the space in which we came from Kadesh Barnea, vntill we were come ouer the brooke Zered, was thirtie and eight yeeres; vntill all the generation of the men of warre were wasted out from among the hoste, as the Lord sware vnto them.

15 For indeed the hand of the Lord was against them, to destroy them from among the hoste, vntill they were consumed.

16 ¶ So it came to passe, when all the men of warre were consumed and dead from among the people,

17 That the Lord spake vnto me, saying,

18 Thou art to passe ouer thorow Ar, the coast of Moab, this day.

19 And when thou commest nigh ouer against the children of Ammon, distresse them not, nor meddle with them: for I will not giue thee of the lande of the children of Ammon any possession, because I haue giuen it vnto the children of Lot for a possession:

20 (That also was accounted a land of Giants: giants dwelt therein in old time, and the Ammonites call them Zamzummims.

21 A people great, and many, and tall, as the Anakims: but the Lord destroyed them before them, and they succeeded them & dwelt in their stead smile

22 As he did to the children of Esau which dwelt in Seir, when he destroyed the Horims from before them, and they succeeded them, and dwelt in their stead euen vnto this day.

23 And the Auims which dwelt in Hazerim, euen vnto Azzah, the Caphtorims which came foorth out of Caphtor, destroyed them, and dwelt in their stead.

24 ¶ Rise ye vp, take your iourney, and passe ouer the riuer Arnon: Behold, I haue giuen into thy hand Sihon the Amorite king of Heshbon, and his land: begin to possesse it, and contend with him in battell.

25 This day will I begin to put the dread of thee, and the feare of thee vpon the nations, that are vnder the whole heauen, who shall heare report of thee, and shall tremble, and be in anguish because of thee.

26 ¶ And I sent messengers out of the wildernesse of Kedemoth, vnto Sihon king of Heshbon, with wordes of peace, saying,

27 Let me passe through thy land: I will goe along by the high way, I will neither turne vnto the right hand, nor to the left.

28 Thou shalt sell me meat for money, that I may eate, and giue me water for money that I may drinke: Only I will passe through on my feet:

29 As the children of Esau which dwell in Seir, and the Moabites which dwell in Ar, did vnto me, vntill I shall passe ouer Iordan, into the land which the Lord our God giueth vs.

30 But Sihon King of Heshbon would not let vs passe by him: for the Lord thy God hardened his spirit, and made his heart obstinate, that hee might deliuer him into thy hand, as appeareth this day.

31 And the Lord said vnto mee, Behold, I haue begun to giue Sihon and his land before thee: begin to possesse, that thou mayest inherit his land.

32 Then Sihon came out against vs, he & all his people to fight at Iahaz.

33 And the Lord our God deliuered him before vs, and wee smote him, and his sonnes, and all his people.

34 And we tooke all his cities at that time, and vtterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the litle ones of euery citie, we left none to remaine:

35 Onely the cattell wee tooke for a pray vnto our selues, and the spoyle of the cities, which we tooke:

36 From Aroer, which is by the brinke of the riuer of Arnon, and from the citie that is by the riuer euen vnto Gilead, there was not one citie too strong for vs: the Lord our God deliuered all vnto vs.

37 Onely vnto the land of the children of Ammon thou camest not, nor vnto any place of the riuer Iabbok, nor vnto the cities in the mountaines, nor vnto whatsoeuer the Lord our God forbade vs.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:17 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 3

1 Then we turned, and went vp the way to Bashan: and Og the King of Bashan came out against vs, hee, and all his people to battell at Edrei.

2 And the Lord said vnto mee, Feare him not: for I will deliuer him, and all his people, and his land into thy hand, and thou shalt doe vnto him as thou didst vnto Sihon king of the Amorites, which dwelt at Heshbon.

3 So the Lord our God deliuered into our hands Og also the King of Bashan, and all his people: and wee smote him vntill none was left to him remayning.

4 And we tooke all his cities at that time, there was not a citie which wee tooke not from them; threescore cities, all the region of Argob, the kingdome of Og in Bashan.

5 All these cities were fenced with high walles, gates and barres, beside vnwalled townes a great many.

6 And we vtterly destroyed them, as we did vnto Sihon King of Heshbon, vtterly destroying the men, women, and children of euery citie.

7 But all the cattell, and the spoile of the cities, we tooke for a pray to our selues.

8 And we tooke at that time out of the hand of the two Kings of the Amorites, the land that was on this side Iordan, from the riuer of Arnon, vnto mount Hermon:

9 (Which Hermon the Sidonians call Syrion: and the Amorites call it Shenir.)
10 All the cities of the plaine, and all Gilead, and all Bashan, vnto Salchah, and Edrei, cities of the kingdome of Og in Bashan.

11 For onely Og King of Bashan remained of the remnant of giants; behold, his bedsted was a bedsted of yron: is it not in Rabbath of the children of Ammon? Nine cubites was the length thereof, and foure cubites the breadth of it, after the cubite of a man.

12 And this land which we possessed at that time, from Aroer which is by the riuer Arnon, and halfe mount Gilead, and the cities thereof, gaue I vnto the Reubenites, and to the Gadites.

13 And the rest of Gilead, and all Bashan, being the kingdome of Og, gaue I vnto the halfe tribe of Manasseh: All the region of Argob with all Bashan, which was called the land of Giants.

14 Iair the sonne of Manasseh tooke all the countrey of Argob, vnto the coastes of Geshuri, and Maachathi; and called them after his owne name, Bashan Hauoth Iair, vnto this day.

15 And I gaue Gilead vnto Machir.

16 And vnto the Reubenites, and vnto the Gadites, I gaue from Gilead, euen vnto the riuer Arnon, halfe the valley, and the border, euen vnto the riuer Iabbok, which is the border of the children of Ammon:

17 The plaine also, and Iordan, and the coast thereof, from Chinnereth, euen vnto the sea of the plaine, euen the salt sea, vnder Ashdoth Pisgah Eastward.

18 ¶ And I commanded you at that time, saying, The Lord your God hath giuen you this land to possesse it: ye shall passe ouer armed before your brethren the children of Israel, all that are meet for the warre.

19 But your wiues, and your little ones, and your cattell (for I know that ye haue much cattel) shall abide in your cities, which I haue giuen you:

20 Untill the Lord haue giuen rest vnto your brethren, as well as vnto you, and vntill they also possesse the land which the Lord your God hath giuen them beyond Iordan: and then shall ye returne euery man vnto his possession, which I haue giuen you.

21 ¶ And I commanded Ioshua at that time, saying, Thine eyes haue seene all that the Lord your God hath done vnto these two Kings: so shal the Lord doe vnto all the kingdomes whither thou passest.

22 Ye shall not feare them: for the Lord your God, he shal fight for you.

23 And I besought the Lord at that time, saying,

24 O Lord God, thou hast begun to shew thy seruant thy greatnesse, and thy mighty hand: for what God is there in heauen, or in earth, that can do according to thy workes, and according to thy might?

25 I pray thee let me goe ouer, and see the good land that is beyond Iordan, that goodly mountaine and Lebanon.

26 But the Lord was wroth with me for your sakes, and would not heare mee: and the Lord said vnto me, Let it suffice thee, speake no more vnto me of this matter.

27 Get thee vp into the top of Pisgah, and lift vp thine eyes Westward, and Northward, and Southward, and Eastward, and beholde it with thine eyes: for thou shalt not goe ouer this Iordan.

28 But charge Ioshua, and encourage him, and strengthen him: for hee shall goe ouer before this people, and he shall cause them to inherite the land which thou shalt see.

29 So we abode in the valley, ouer against Beth-Peor.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2016 2:47 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 4

1 Nowe therefore hearken, O Israel, vnto the Statutes, and vnto the Iudgments which I teach you, for to do them, that ye may liue, and goe in and possesse the lande, which the Lord God of your fathers giueth you.

2 Ye shall not adde vnto the word which I command you, neither shall you diminish ought from it, that ye may keepe the Commaundements of the Lord your God, which I command you.

3 Your eyes haue seene what the Lord did because of Baal Peor: for all the men that followed Baal Peor, the Lord thy God hath destroyed them from among you.

4 But yee that did cleaue vnto the Lord your God, are aliue euery one of you this day.

5 Behold, I haue taught you Statutes, and Iudgements, euen as the Lord my God commanded me, that ye should do so, in the land whither ye goe to possesse it.

6 Keepe therefore, and doe them; for this is your wisedome and your vnderstanding in the sight of the nations, which shall heare all these statutes, and say, Surely this great nation is a wise and vnderstanding people.

7 For what nation is there so great, who hath God so nigh vnto them, as the Lord our God is in all things, that we call vpon him for?

8 And what nation is there so great, that hath Statutes and Iudgements so righteous, as all this Law which I set before you this day?

9 Onely take heed to thy selfe, and keepe thy soule diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes haue seene, and lest they depart from thy heart all the dayes of thy life: but teach them thy sonnes, & thy sonnes sonnes:

10 Specially, the day that thou stoodst before the Lord thy God in Horeb, when the Lord said vnto mee, Gather me the people together, and I will make them heare my wordes, that they may learne to feare mee all the dayes that they shall liue vpon the earth, and that they may teach their children.

11 And ye came neere and stood vnder the mountaine, and the mountaine burnt with fire vnto the midst of heauen, with darkenes, cloudes, and thicke darkenesse.

12 And the Lord spake vnto you out of the midst of the fire: ye heard the voyce of the words, but saw no similitude, onely ye heard a voyce.

13 And he declared vnto you his couenant, which he commanded you to performe, euen ten cōmandements, and he wrote them vpon two tables of stone.

14 ¶ And the Lord commanded me at that time, to teach you Statutes, and Iudgements, that yee might doe them in the land whither ye goe ouer to possesse it.

15 Take ye therfore good heed vnto your selues, (for ye saw no maner of similitude on the day that the Lord spake vnto you in Horeb, out of the midst of the fire)

16 Lest yee corrupt your selues, and make you a grauen image, the similitude of any figure, the likenes of male, or female,

17 The likenesse of any beast that is on the earth, the likenes of any winged foule that flieth in the aire,

18 The likenesse of any thing that creepeth on the ground, the likenesse of any fish that is in the waters beneath the earth:

19 And lest thou lift vp thine eyes vnto heauen, and when thou seest the sun, and the moone, and the starres, euen all the hoste of heauen, shouldest be driuen to worship them, and serue them, which the Lord thy God hath diuided vnto all nations vnder the whole heauen.

20 But the Lord hath taken you, and brought you foorth out of the yron fornace, euen out of Egypt, to bee vnto him a people of inheritance, as ye are this day.

21 Furthermore, the Lord was angry with mee for your sakes, and sware that I should not goe ouer Iordan, and that I should not goe in vnto that good land which the Lord thy God giueth thee for an inheritance.

22 But I must die in this lande, I must not goe ouer Iordan: but ye shall goe ouer and possesse that good land.

23 Take heed vnto your selues, lest ye forget the couenant of the Lord your God, which hee made with you, and make you a grauen image, or the likenes of any thing which the Lord thy God hath forbidden thee.

24 For the Lord thy God is a consuming fire, euen a iealous God.

25 ¶ When thou shalt beget children, and childrens children, and shalt haue remained long in the land, and shal corrupt your selues, & make a grauen image, or the likenes of any thing, and shall doe euil in the sight of the Lord thy God, to prouoke him to anger:

26 I call heauen and earth to witnesse against you this day, that ye shall soone vtterly perish from off the land whereunto you goe ouer Iordan, to possesse it: yee shall not prolong your dayes vpon it, but shall vtterly bee destroyed.

27 And the Lord shall scatter you among the nations, and ye shall be left few in number among the heathen, whither the Lord shall lead you.

28 And there ye shall serue gods, the worke of mens hands, wood and stone, which neither see, nor heare, nor eate, nor smell.

29 But if from thence thou shalt seeke the Lord thy God, thou shalt finde him, if thou seeke him with all thy heart, and with all thy soule.

30 When thou art in tribulation, and all these things are come vpon thee, euen in the latter dayes, if thou turne to the Lord thy God, and shalt be obedient vnto his voice:

31 (For the Lord thy God is a mercifull God) he will not forsake thee, neither destroy thee, nor forget the couenant of thy fathers, which he sware vnto them.

32 For aske now of the dayes that are past, which were before thee, since the day that God created man vpon earth, and aske from the one side of heauen vnto the other, whether there hath bene any such thing as this great thing is, or hath bene heard like it?

33 Did euer people heare the voyce of God speaking out of the midst of the fire, as thou hast heard, and liue?

34 Or hath God assayed to goe and take him a nation from the midst of another nation, by temptations, by signes, and by wonders, and by warre, and by a mighty hand, and by a stretehed out arme, and by great terrors, according to all that the Lord your God did for you in Egypt before your eyes?

35 Unto thee it was shewed, that thou mightest know, that the Lord hee is God; there is none else besides him.

36 Out of heauen hee made thee to heare his voice, that he might instruct thee: and vpon earth hee shewed thee his great fire, and thou heardest his words out of the midst of the fire.

37 And because he loued thy fathers, therefore he chose their seed after them, and brought thee out in his sight with his mightie power out of Egypt:

38 To driue out nations from before thee, greater and mightier then thou art, to bring thee in, to giue thee their land for an inheritance, as it is this day.

39 Know therefore this day, & consider it in thine heart, that the Lord hee is God in heauen aboue, and vpon the earth beneath: there is none else.

40 Thou shalt keepe therefore his Statutes, and his Commandements, which I command thee this day; that it may goe well with thee, and with thy children after thee, and that thou mayest prolong thy dayes vpon the earth, which the Lord thy God giueth thee, for euer.

41 ¶ Then Moses seuered three cities on this side Iordan, toward the Sunne rising:

42 That the slayer might flee thither, which should kill his neighbour vnawares, and hated him not in times past, and that fleeing vnto one of these cities he might liue:

43 Namely, Bezer in the wildernesse, in the plaine countrey of the Reubenites; and Ramoth in Gilead of the Gadites; and Golan in Bashan, of the Manassites.

44 ¶ And this is the Law which Moses set before the children of Israel:

45 These are the Testimonies, and the Statutes, and the Iudgements, which Moses spake vnto the children of Israel, after they came foorth out of Egypt;

46 On this side Iordan in the valley ouer against Beth-Peor, in the land of Sihon King of the Amorites, who dwelt at Heshbon, whom Moses and the children of Israel smote, after they were come foorth out of Egypt.

47 And they possessed his land, and the land of Og king of Bashan, two kings of the Amorites, which were on this side Iordan toward the sun rising,

48 From Aroer, which is by the banke of the riuer Arnon, euen vnto mount Sion, which is Hermon,

49 And all the plaine of this side Iordan Eastward, euen vnto the sea, of the plaine vnder the springs of Pisgah.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 3:24 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 5

1 And Moses called all Israel, and sayd vnto them, Heare, O Israel, the Statutes and Iudgements which I speake in your eares this day, that ye may learne them, and keepe and doe them.

2 The Lord our God made a couenant with vs in Horeb.

3 The Lord made not this couenant with our fathers, but with vs: euen vs, who are all of vs here aliue this day.

4 The Lord talked with you, face to face, in the mount, out of the midst of the fire,

5 (I stood betweene the Lord and you, at that time, to shew you the word of the Lord: for ye were afraid by reason of the fire, and went not vp into the mount,) saying,

6 ¶ I am the Lord thy God, which brought thee out of the lande of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

7 Thou shalt haue none other gods before me.

8 Thou shalt not make thee any grauen image, or any likenesse of any thing that is in heauen aboue, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the waters beneath the earth.

9 Thou shalt not bow downe thy selfe vnto them, nor serue them: for I the Lord thy God am a ielous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers vpon the children, vnto the third and fourth generation of them that hate me,

10 And shewing mercy vnto thousands, of them that loue me, and keepe my commandements.

11 Thou shalt not take the name of the Lord thy God in vaine: for the Lord will not holde him guiltlesse that taketh his name in vaine.

12 Keepe the Sabbath day to sanctifie it, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee.

13 Sixe dayes thou shalt labour, and doe all thy worke.

14 But the seuenth day is the Sabbath of the Lord thy God: in it thou shalt not doe any worke, thou, nor thy sonne, nor thy daughter, nor thy man seruant, nor thy maid seruant, nor thine oxe, nor thine asse, nor any of thy cattel, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates, that thy man seruant and thy maid seruant may rest as well as thou.

15 And remember that thou wast a seruant in the land of Egypt, and that the Lord thy God brought thee out thence, through a mightie hand, and by a stretched out arme: Therefore the Lord thy God commaunded thee to keepe the Sabbath day.

16 ¶ Honour thy father and thy mother, as the Lord thy God hath commanded thee, that thy daies may be prolonged, and that it may goe well with thee, in the land which the Lord thy God giueth thee.

17 Thou shalt not kill.

18 Neither shalt thou commit adulterie.

19 Neither shalt thou steale.

20 Neither shalt thou beare false witnesse against thy neighbour.

21 Neither shalt thou desire thy neighbours wife, neither shalt thou couet thy neighbours house, his field, or his man seruant, or his maide seruant, his oxe, or his asse, or any thing that is thy neighbours.

22 ¶ These wordes the Lord spake vnto all your assembly in the mount out of the midst of the fire, of the cloud, and of the thicke darkenesse, with a great voice, and he added no more, and he wrote them in two Tables of stone, and deliuered them vnto me.

23 And it came to passe when yee heard the voice out of the midst of the darkenes (for the mountaine did burne with fire) that ye came neere vnto mee, euen all the heads of your tribes, and your elders.

24 And ye said, Behold, the Lord our God hath shewed vs his glory, and his greatnesse, and we haue heard his voice out of the midst of the fire: wee haue seene this day that God doth talke with man, and he liueth.

25 Now therefore why should wee die? for this great fire will consume vs. If we heare the voyce of the Lord our God any more, then we shall die.

26 For who is there of all flesh that hath heard the voice of the liuing God, speaking out of the midst of the fire (as we haue) and liued?

27 Goe thou neere, and heare all that the Lord our God shall say; and speake thou vnto vs all that the Lord our God shall speake vnto thee, and we will heare it, and doe it.

28 And the Lord heard the voice of your words, when ye spake vnto me, and the Lord said vnto me, I haue heard the voice of the wordes of this people, which they haue spoken vnto thee: they haue well said, all that they haue spoken.

29 O that there were such an heart in them, that they would feare me, and keepe my commandements alwayes, that it might bee well with them, and with their children for euer.

30 Goe, say to them, Get you into your tents againe.

31 But as for thee, stand thou here by me, and I will speake vnto thee all the Commandements, and the Statutes, and the Iudgements, which thou shalt teach them, that they may doe them in the land which I giue them to possesse it.

32 Ye shall obserue to doe therefore, as the Lord your God hath commanded you: you shall not turne aside to the right hand, or to the left.

33 You shall walke in all the wayes which the Lord your God hath commanded you, that ye may liue, and that it may be well with you, and that ye may prolong your dayes in the land which ye shall possesse.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2016 1:35 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 6

1 Now these are the Commaundements, the Statutes, & the Iudgements, which the Lord your God commanded to teach you, that ye might doe them in the land whither ye goe to possesse it:

2 That thou mightest feare the Lord thy God, to keepe all his Statutes, and his Commandements which I command thee; thou, and thy sonne, and thy sonnes sonne, all the dayes of thy life: and that thy dayes may be prolonged.

3 ¶ Heare therefore, O Israel, and obserue to do it, that it may be wel with thee, and that ye may increase mightily, as the Lord God of thy fathers hath promised thee, in the land that floweth with milke and hony.

4 Heare, O Israel, the Lord our God is one Lord.

5 And thou shalt loue the Lord thy God with all thine heart, and with all thy soule, and with all thy might.

6 And these words which I command thee this day, shall bee in thine heart.

7 And thou shalt teach them diligently vnto thy children, and shalt talke of them when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, and when thou liest downe, and when thou risest vp.

8 And thou shalt binde them for a signe vpon thine hand, and they shalbe as frontlets betweene thine eyes.

9 And thou shalt write them vpon the posts of thy house, and on thy gates.

10 And it shall be when the Lord thy God shall haue brought thee into the land which hee sware vnto thy fathers, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Iacob to giue thee, great and goodly cities, which thou buildedst not,

11 And houses full of all good things which thou filledst not, and welles digged which thou diggedst not, vineyards and oliue trees which thou plantedst not, when thou shalt haue eaten and be full,

12 Then beware lest thou forget the Lord which brought thee forth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage.

13 Thou shalt feare the Lord thy God, and serue him, & shalt sweare by his Name.

14 Yee shall not goe after other gods, of the gods of the people which are round about you:

15 (For the Lord thy God is a ielous God among you) lest the anger of the Lord thy God bee kindled against thee, and destroy thee from off the face of the earth.

16 ¶ Ye shall not tempt the Lord your God, as yee tempted him in Massah.

17 You shall diligently keepe the Commandements of the Lord your God, and his Testimonies, and his Statutes, which he hath commanded thee.

18 And thou shalt doe that which is right and good in the sight of the Lord: that it may be well with thee, and that thou mayest goe in, and possesse the good land which the Lord sware vnto thy fathers:

19 To cast out all thine enemies from before thee, as the Lord hath spoken.

20 And when thy sonne asketh thee in time to come, saying, What meane the Testimonies, & the Statutes, and the Iudgements, which the Lord our God hath commanded you?

21 Then thou shalt say vnto thy sonne, We were Pharaohs bondmen in Egypt, and the Lord brought vs out of Egypt with a mighty hand.

22 And the Lord shewed signes and wonders, great and sore vpon Egypt, vpon Pharaoh, and vpon all his houshold, before our eyes:

23 And hee brought vs out from thence, that hee might bring vs in, to giue vs the land which hee sware vnto our fathers.

24 And the Lord commanded vs to doe all these Statutes, to feare the Lord our God, for our good alwayes, that he might preserue vs aliue, as it is at this day.

25 And it shall be our righteousnes, if we obserue to doe all these Commandements, before the Lord our God, as he hath commanded vs.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 3:07 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 7

1 When the Lord thy God shall bring thee into the land whither thou goest to possesse it, and hath cast out many nations before thee, the Hittites, and the Girgashites, and the Amorites, and the Canaanites, and the Perizzites, and the Hiuites, and the Iebusites, seuen nations greater and mightier then thou:

2 And when the Lord thy God shall deliuer them before thee, thou shalt smite them, and vtterly destroy them, thou shalt make no couenant with them, nor shew mercy vnto them.

3 Neither shalt thou make marriages with them: thy daughter thou shalt not giue vnto his sonne, nor his daughter shalt thou take vnto thy sonne.

4 For they will turne away thy sonne from following mee, that they may serue other gods: so will the anger of the Lord be kindled against you, and destroy thee suddenly.

5 But thus shal ye deale with them; ye shall destroy their altars, and breake downe their images, and cut downe their groues, and burne their grauen images with fire.

6 For thou art an holy people vnto the Lord thy God: the Lord thy God hath chosen thee to be a special people vnto himselfe, aboue all people that are vpon the face of the earth.

7 The Lord did not set his loue vpon you, nor choose you, because yee were moe in number then any people: (for ye were the fewest of all people,)

8 But because the Lord loued you, and because hee would keepe the othe which hee had sworne vnto your fathers, hath the Lord brought you out with a mighty hand, and redeemed you out of the house of bondmen, from the hand of Pharaoh king of Egypt.

9 Know therefore that the Lord thy God, he is God, the faithfull God, which keepeth Couenant and Mercy with them that loue him, and keepe his Commandements, to a thousand generations;

10 And repaieth them that hate him to their face, to destroy them: he wil not be slacke to him that hateth him, he will repay him to his face.

11 Thou shalt therefore keepe the Commandements, and the Statutes, and the Iudgements, which I command thee this day, to doe them.

12 ¶ Wherefore it shal come to passe, if ye hearken to these iudgements, and keepe and do them: That the Lord thy God shall keepe vnto thee the Couenant and the Mercy which he sware vnto thy fathers.

13 And hee will loue thee, and blesse thee, and multiply thee: Hee will also blesse the fruit of thy wombe, and the fruit of thy land, thy corne, and thy wine, and thine oile, the encrease of thy kine, and the flockes of thy sheepe, in the land which hee sware vnto thy fathers to giue thee.

14 Thou shalt bee blessed aboue all people: there shall not bee male or female barren among you or among your cattell.

15 And the Lord will take away from thee all sickenesse, and will put none of the euill diseases of Egypt (which thou knowest) vpon thee: but will lay them vpon all them that hate thee.

16 And thou shalt consume all the people which the Lord thy God shall deliuer thee: thine eye shall haue no pitie vpon them, neither shalt thou serue their gods, for that will be a snare vnto thee.

17 If thou shalt say in thine heart, These nations are moe then I, howe can I dispossesse them?

18 Thou shalt not be afraid of them: but shalt well remember, what the Lord thy God did vnto Pharaoh, and vnto all Egypt,

19 The great temptations which thine eyes sawe, and the signes and the wonders, and the mightie hand, and the stretched out arme, whereby the Lord thy God brought thee out: so shall the Lord thy God doe vnto all the people of whom thou art afraid.

20 Moreouer, the Lord thy God will send the hornet among them, vntill they that are left and hide themselues from thee, be destroyed.

21 Thou shalt not bee affrighted at them: for the Lord thy God is among you, a mightie God, and terrible.

22 And the Lord thy God will put out those nations before thee by litle and litle: thou mayest not consume them at once, lest the beastes of the field increase vpon thee.

23 But the Lord thy God shall deliuer them vnto thee, and shall destroy them with a mightie destruction, vntill they be destroyed.

24 And he shall deliuer their kings into thine hand, and thou shalt destroy their name from vnder heauen: There shal no man be able to stand before thee, vntil thou haue destroyed them.

25 The grauen images of their gods shall yee burne with fire: thou shalt not desire the siluer or golde that is on them, nor take it vnto thee, lest thou bee snared therein: for it is an abomination to the Lord thy God.

26 Neither shalt thou bring an abomination into thine house, lest thou bee a cursed thing like it: but thou shalt vtterly detest it, and thou shalt vtterly abhorre it, for it is a cursed thing.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 1:01 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 8

1 All the commaundements which I commaund thee this day, shall yee obserue to doe, that yee may liue, and multiply, and goe in, and possesse the land which the Lord sware vnto your fathers.

2 And thou shalt remember all the way which the Lord thy God led thee these fourtie yeeres in the wildernesse, to humble thee, and to proue thee, to know what was in thine heart, whether thou wouldest keepe his commandements, or no.

3 And he humbled thee, and suffred thee to hunger, and fed thee with Manna, which thou knewest not, neither did thy fathers know: that he might make thee know, that man doth not liue by bread onely, but by euery word that proceedeth out of the mouth of the Lord doth man liue.

4 Thy raiment waxed not old vpon thee, neither did thy foote swell these fourtie yeeres.

5 Thou shalt also consider in thine heart, that as a man chasteneth his son, so the Lord thy God chasteneth thee.

6 Therefore thou shalt keepe the Commandements of the Lord thy God, to walke in his wayes, and to feare him.

7 For the Lord thy God bringeth thee into a good land, a lande of brookes of water, of fountaines, and depths that spring out of valleys and hilles,

8 A land of wheate, and barley, and vines, and fig trees, and pomegranats, a land of oyle oliue, and hony,

9 A lande wherein thou shalt eate bread without scarcenes, thou shalt not lacke any thing in it: a lande whose stones are yron, and out of whose hils thou mayest digge brasse.

10 When thou hast eaten and art full, then thou shalt blesse the Lord thy God, for the good lande which hee hath giuen thee.

11 Beware that thou forget not the Lord thy God, in not keeping his Commandements, and his Iudgements, and his Statutes which I command thee this day:

12 Lest when thou hast eaten and art full, and hast built goodly houses, and dwelt therein;

13 And when thy heards and thy flocks multiply, and thy siluer and thy gold is multiplied, and all that thou hast is multiplied:

14 Then thine heart bee lifted vp, and thou forget the Lord thy God (which brought thee foorth out of the land of Egypt, from the house of bondage,

15 Who led thee through that great and terrible wildernesse, wherein were fierie serpents, and scorpions, & drought, where there was no water, who brought thee foorth water out of the rocke of flint,

16 Who fed thee in the wildernesse with Manna, which thy fathers knew not, that hee might humble thee, and that hee might prooue thee, to doe thee good at thy latter end smile

17 And thou say in thine heart, My power, and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth.

18 But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giueth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his Couenant, which he sware vnto thy fathers, as it is this day.

19 And it shalbe, if thou doe at all forget the Lord thy God, and walke after other gods, and serue them, and worship them; I testifie against you this day, that ye shall surely perish.

20 As the nations which the Lord destroyeth before your face, so shall yee perish; because ye would not be obedient vnto the voice of the Lord your God.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2016 3:11 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 9

1 Heare, O Israel, thou art to passe ouer Iordan this day, to goe in, to possesse nations greater & mightier then thy selfe, Cities great, and fenced vp to heauen,

2 A people great and tall, the children of the Anakims, whom thou knowest, and of whom thou hast heard say, Who can stand before the children of Anak?

3 Understand therefore this day, that the Lord thy God is he, which goeth ouer before thee, as a consuming fire: he shall destroy them, and he shall bring them downe before thy face: So shalt thou driue them out, and destroy them quickly, as the Lord hath said vnto thee.

4 Speake not thou in thine heart, after that the Lord thy God hath cast them out from before thee, saying, For my righteousnesse the Lord hath brought mee in to possesse this land: but for the wickednesse of these nations, the Lord doeth driue them out from before thee.

5 Not for thy righteousnesse, or for the vprightnesse of thine heart, doest thou goe to possesse their land: But for the wickednesse of these nations the Lord thy God doeth driue them out from before thee, and that he may performe the word which the Lord sware vnto thy fathers, Abraham, Isaac and Iacob.

6 Understand therefore, that the Lord thy God giueth thee not this good land to possesse it, for thy righteousnesse; for thou art a stiffe-necked people.

7 ¶ Remember and forget not, how thou prouokedst the Lord thy God to wrath in the wildernesse: from the day that thou didst depart out of the land of Egypt, vntill ye came vnto this place, yee haue bene rebellious against the Lord.

8 Also in Horeb yee prouoked the Lord to wrath, so that the Lord was angry with you, to haue destroyed you.

9 When I was gone vp into the mount, to receiue the Tables of stone, euen the Tables of the Couenant which the Lord made with you, then I abode in the mount fortie dayes, and fortie nights, I neither did eate bread, nor drinke water:

10 And the Lord deliuered vnto me two Tables of stone, written with the finger of God, and on them was written according to all the words which the Lord spake with you in the mount, out of the midst of fire, in the day of the assembly.

11 And it came to passe at the end of fortie dayes, and fortie nights, that the Lord gaue mee the two Tables of stone, euen the Tables of the Couenant.

12 And the Lord said vnto mee, Arise, get thee downe quickly from hence; for thy people which thou hast brought foorth out of Egypt, haue corrupted themselues: they are quickly turned aside out of the way which I commanded them; they haue made them a molten image.

13 Furthermore, the Lord spake vnto me, saying, I haue seene this people, and behold, it is a stifnecked people.

14 Let me alone, that I may destroy them, and blot out their name from vnder heauen: and I will make of thee a nation mightier and greater then they.

15 So I turned and came downe from the mount, and the mount burned with fire: and the two Tables of the Couenant were in my two hands.

16 And I looked, and behold, ye had sinned against the Lord your God, and had made you a molten calfe: ye had turned aside quickly out of the way which the Lord had commanded you.

17 And I tooke the two Tables, and cast them out of my two hands, and brake them before your eyes.

18 And I fell downe before the Lord, as at the first, fortie dayes and fortie nights, I did neither eate bread nor drinke water, because of all your sinnes which ye sinned, in doing wickedly in the sight of the Lord, to prouoke him to anger.

19 (For I was afraid of the anger, and whot displeasure wherewith the Lord was wroth against you, to destroy you.) But the Lord hearkned vnto me at that time also.

20 And the Lord was very angry with Aaron, to haue destroyed him: And I prayed for Aaron also the same time.

21 And I tooke your sinne, the calfe which ye had made, and burnt it with fire, and stamped it, and ground it very small, euen vntill it was as small as dust: and I cast the dust therof into the brooke that descended out of the mount.

22 And at Taberah, and at Massah, and at Kibroth-Hattaauah, ye prouoked the Lord to wrath.

23 Likewise when the Lord sent you from Kadesh Barnea, saying, Goe vp and possesse the land which I haue giuen you, then you rebelled against the commandement of the Lord your God, and ye beleeued him not, nor hearkened to his voyce.

24 You haue bin rebellious against the Lord, from the day that I knew you.

25 Thus I fell downe before the Lord fourtie dayes, and fourtie nights, as I fel downe at the first, because the Lord had said, he would destroy you.

26 I prayed therefore vnto the Lord, and said, O Lord God, destroy not thy people, and thine inheritance, which thou hast redeemed through thy greatnes, which thou hast brought foorth out of Egypt, with a mightie hand.

27 Remember thy seruants, Abraham, Isaac, and Iacob, looke not vnto the stubburnnesse of this people, nor to their wickednes, nor to their sinne:

28 Lest the land whence thou broughtest vs out, say, Because the Lord was not able to bring them into the land which hee promised them, and because hee hated them, hee hath brought them out, to slay them in the wildernesse.

29 Yet they are thy people, and thine inheritance which thou broughtest out by thy mightie power, and by thy stretched out arme.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2016 3:10 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 10

1 At that time the Lord said vnto me, Hew thee two Tables of stone, like vnto the first, and come vp vnto mee into the mount, and make thee an Arke of wood.

2 And I will write on the Tables the words that were in the first Tables which thou brakest, and thou shalt put them in the Arke.

3 And I made an Arke of Shittim wood, and hewed two Tables of stone like vnto the first, and went vp into the mount, hauing the two Tables in mine hand.

4 And he wrote on the Tables, according to the first writing, the tenne Commandements, which the Lord spake vnto you in the mount, out of the midst of the fire, in the day of the assembly: and the Lord gaue them vnto me.

5 And I turned my selfe and came downe from the mount, and put the Tables in the Arke which I had made, and there they be, as the Lord commanded me.

6 ¶ And the children of Israel tooke their iourney from Beeroth, of the children of Iaakan, to Mosera; there Aaron died, and there he was buried, and Eleazar his sonne ministred in the Priests office in his stead.

7 From thence they iourneyed vnto Gudgodah, and from Gudgodah to Iotbath, a land of riuers of waters.

8 ¶ At that time the Lord separated the tribe of Leui, to beare the Arke of the Couenant of the Lord, to stand before the Lord, to minister vnto him, and to blesse in his Name, vnto this day.

9 Wherefore Leui hath no part nor inheritance with his brethren: the Lord is his inheritance, according as the Lord thy God promised him.

10 And I stayed in the mount, according to the first time, fortie dayes, and fortie nights: and the Lord hearkened vnto mee at that time also, and the Lord would not destroy thee.

11 And the Lord said vnto me, Arise, take thy iourney before the people, that they may goe in, and possesse the land which I sware vnto their fathers to giue vnto them.

12 ¶ And now Israel, what doeth the Lord thy God require of thee, but to feare the Lord thy God, to walke in all his waies, and to loue him, and to serue the Lord thy God, with all thy heart, and with all thy soule,

13 To keepe the Commandements of the Lord, and his Statutes, which I commaund thee this day for thy good?

14 Behold, the heauen, & the heauen of heauens is the Lords thy God, the earth also, with all that therein is.

15 Onely the Lord had a delight in thy fathers, to loue them, and hee chose their seed after them, euen you, aboue all people, as it is this day.

16 Circumcise therefore the foreskin of your heart, and bee no more stiffenecked.

17 For the Lord your God is God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward.

18 He doeth execute the iudgement of the fatherlesse, and widow, and loueth the stranger, in giuing him food and raiment.

19 Loue yee therefore the stranger: for yee were strangers in the land of Egypt.

20 Thou shalt feare the Lord thy God; him shalt thou serue, and to him shalt thou cleaue, and sweare by his Name.

21 He is thy praise, and he is thy God that hath done for thee these great and terrible things, which thine eyes haue seene.

22 Thy fathers went downe into Egypt with threescore and ten persons: and now the Lord thy God hath made thee as the starres of heauen, for multitude.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:30 am
Deuteronomy
Chapter 11

1 Therefore thou shalt loue the Lord thy God, and keepe his charge, and his Statutes, and his Iudgements, and his Commandements alway.

2 And know you this day: for I speake not with your children which haue not knowen, and which haue not seene the chastisement of the Lord your God, his greatnesse, his mighty hand, and his stretched out arme,

3 And his miracles, and his actes, which he did in the midst of Egypt, vnto Pharaoh the King of Egypt, and vnto all his land,

4 And what hee did vnto the army of Egypt, vnto their horses, and to their charets, how he made the water of the Red sea to ouerflow them as they pursued after you, and how the Lord hath destroyed them vnto this day,

5 And what hee did vnto you in the wildernesse, vntill yee came into this place,

6 And what he did vnto Dathan, and Abiram, the sonnes of Eliab the sonne of Reuben: how the earth opened her mouth and swallowed them vp, and their housholds, and their tents, and all the substance that was in their possession in the middest of all Israel.

7 But your eyes haue seene all the great acts of the Lord, which he did.

8 Therefore shall yee keepe all the Commandements which I command you this day, that ye may be strong and goe in, and possesse the land whither ye goe to possesse it:

9 And that yee may prolong your dayes in the lande which the Lord sware vnto your fathers to giue vnto them, and to their seed, a land that floweth with milke and hony.

10 ¶ For the land whither thou goest in to possesse it, is not as the lande of Egypt from whence ye came out, where thou sowedst thy seed, and wateredst it with thy foot, as a garden of herbes:

11 But the lande whither ye goe to possesse it, is a lande of hilles and valleys, and drinketh water of the raine of heauen:

12 A lande, which the Lord thy God careth for: the eyes of the Lord thy God are alwayes vpon it, from the beginning of the yeere, euen vnto the end of the yeere.

13 ¶ And it shall come to passe, if you shall hearken diligently vnto my Commandements which I command you this day, to loue the Lord your God, and to serue him with all your heart, and with all your soule;

14 That I will giue you the raine of your land in his due season, the first raine and the latter raine, that thou mayest gather in thy corne, and thy wine, and thine oyle.

15 And I will send grasse in thy fields for thy cattell, that thou mayest eate and be full.

16 Take heede to your selues, that your heart be not deceiued, and ye turne aside, and serue other gods, and worship them:

17 And then the Lords wrath be kindled against you, and hee shut vp the heauen, that there be no raine, and that the land yeeld not her fruit, and lest ye perish quickly from off the good land which the Lord giueth you.

18 ¶ Therefore shall ye lay vp these my words in your heart, and in your soule, and bind them for a signe vpon your hand, that they may bee as frontlets betweene your eyes.

19 And ye shal teach them your children, speaking of them, when thou sittest in thine house, and when thou walkest by the way, when thou liest downe, and when thou risest vp.

20 And thou shalt write them vpon the doore posts of thine house, and vpon thy gates:

21 That your dayes may bee multiplied, and the dayes of your children, in the land which the Lord sware vnto your fathers to giue them, as the dayes of heauen vpon the earth.

22 ¶ For if ye shall diligently keepe all these Commaundements which I command you, to doe them, to loue the Lord your God, to walke in all his wayes, and to cleaue vnto him:

23 Then will the Lord driue out all these nations from before you, and ye shall possesse greater nations, and mightier then your selues.

24 Euery place whereon the soles of your feet shall tread, shall be yours: from the wildernesse, and Lebanon, from the riuer, the riuer Euphrates, euen vnto the vttermost sea, shall your coast be.

25 There shall no man bee able to stand before you: for the Lord your God shall lay the feare of you, and the dread of you vpon all the land that yee shall tread vpon, as hee hath said vnto you.

26 ¶ Behold, I set before you this day, a blessing and a curse:

27 A blessing, if ye obey the Commandements of the Lord your God which I command you this day:

28 And a curse, if ye will not obey the Commandements of the Lord your God, but turne aside out of the way, which I command you this day, to goe after other gods which yee haue not knowen.

29 And it shall come to passe when the Lord thy God hath brought thee in, vnto the land whither thou goest to possesse it, that thou shalt put the blessing vpon mount Gerizim, and the curse vpon mount Ebal.

30 Are they not on the other side Iordan, by the way where the Sunne goeth downe, in the land of the Canaanites, which dwell in the champion ouer against Gilgal, beside the plaines of Moreh?

31 For ye shall passe ouer Iordan, to goe in to possesse the land which the Lord your God giueth you, and ye shall possesse it, and dwell therein.

32 And yee shall obserue to doe all the Statutes, and Iudgements, which I set before you this day.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2016 1:21 pm
Deuteronomy
Chapter 12

1 These are the Statutes, and Iudgements, which ye shal obserue to do, in the land which the Lord God of thy fathers giueth thee to possesse it, all the dayes that yee liue vpon the earth.

2 Yee shall vtterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which yee shall possesse, serued their gods, vpon the high mountaines, and vpon the hils, and vnder euery greene tree.

3 And you shall ouerthrow their altars, and breake their pillars, and burne their groues with fire, and you shall hew downe the grauen images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.

4 Yee shall not doe so vnto the Lord your God.

5 But vnto the place which the Lord your God shall chuse out of all your tribes, to put his name there, euen vnto his habitation shall yee seeke, and thither thou shalt come:

6 And thither yee shall bring your burnt offrings, and your sacrifices, and your tithes, and heaue offrings of your hand, and your vowes, and your free wil offerings, and the firstlings of your heards, and of your flocks.

7 And there ye shall eate before the Lord your God, and yee shall reioyce in all that you put your hand vnto, ye and your housholds, wherein the Lord thy God hath blessed thee.

8 Ye shall not do after all the things that we doe here this day, euery man whatsoeuer is right in his owne eyes.

9 For yee are not as yet come to the rest, and to the inheritance which the Lord your God giueth you.

10 But when yee goe ouer Iordan, and dwel in the land which the Lord your God giueth you to inherite, and when he giueth you rest from all your enemies round about, so that ye dwell in safety:

11 Then there shall be a place which the Lord your God shall choose to cause his name to dwell there, thither shall ye bring all that I command you; your burnt offerings, and your sacrifices, your tithes, and the heaue offring of your hand, & all your choice vowes, which ye vow vnto the Lord.

12 And yee shall reioyce before the Lord your God, ye and your sonnes and your daughters, and your men seruants, and your maid seruants, and the Leuite that is within your gates, forasmuch as hee hath no part nor inheritance with you.

13 Take heed to thy selfe, that thou offer not thy burnt offerings in euery place that thou seest:

14 But in the place which the Lord shal choose in one of thy tribes, there thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, and there thou shalt do all that I command thee.

15 Notwithstanding, thou mayest kill and eate flesh in all thy gates, whatsoeuer thy soule lusteth after, according to the blessing of the Lord thy God which he hath giuen thee: the vncleane and the cleane may eate thereof, as of the Roe bucke, and as of the Hart.

16 Onely ye shall not eat the blood: yee shall powre it vpon the earth as water.

17 ¶ Thou mayest not eate within thy gates the tithe of thy corne, or of thy wine, or of thy oyle, or the firstlings of thy heards, or of thy flocke, nor any of thy vowes which thou vowest, nor thy free will offerings, or heaue offering of thine hand:

18 But thou must eate them before the Lord thy God, in the place which the Lord thy God shall choose, thou and thy sonne, and thy daughter, and thy man seruant, and thy maid seruant, and the Leuite that is within thy gates: and thou shalt reioyce before the Lord thy God, in all that thou puttest thine hands vnto.

19 Take heed to thy selfe, that thou forsake not the Leuite, as long as thou liuest vpon the earth.

20 ¶ When the Lord thy God shall enlarge thy border, as hee hath promised thee, and thou shalt say, I will eate flesh (because thy soule longeth to eat flesh) thou mayest eat flesh whatsoeuer thy soule lusteth after.

21 If the place which the Lord thy God hath chosen to put his Name there, be too farre from thee, then thou shalt kill of thy herd and of thy flocke, which the Lord hath giuen thee, as I haue commaunded thee, and thou shalt eate in thy gates, whatsoeuer thy soule lusteth after.

22 Euen as the Roe bucke and the Hart is eaten, so thou shalt eate them: the vncleane and the cleane shall eate of them alike.

23 Onely be sure that thou eate not the blood: for the blood is the life, and thou mayest not eate the life with the flesh.

24 Thou shalt not eate it; thou shalt powre it vpon the earth as water.

25 Thou shalt not eate it, that it may goe well with thee, and with thy children after thee, when thou shalt doe that which is right in the sight of the Lord.

26 Onely thy holy things which thou hast, and thy vowes, thou shalt take, and goe vnto the place which the Lord shall chuse.

27 And thou shalt offer thy burnt offerings, the flesh and the blood, vpon the altar of the Lord thy God: and the blood of thy sacrifices shall be powred out vpon the altar of the Lord thy God, and thou shalt eat the flesh.

28 Obserue & heare all these words which I command thee, that it may go well with thee, and with thy children after thee for euer, when thou doest that which is good and right in the sight of the Lord thy God.

29 ¶ When the Lord thy God shall cut off the nations from before thee, whither thou goest to possesse them, and thou succeedest them, and dwellest in their land:

30 Take heede to thy selfe that thou be not snared by following them, after that they be destroyed from before thee, and that thou enquire not after their gods, saying, How did these nations serue their gods? euen so will I doe likewise.

31 Thou shalt not doe so vnto the Lord thy God: for euery abomination to the Lord which hee hateth, haue they done vnto their gods: for euen their sonnes and their daughters they haue burnt in the fire to their gods.

32 What thing soeuer I command you, obserue to doe it: thou shalt not adde thereto, nor diminish from it.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff