Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:50 am
Genesis
Chapter 31
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And he heard the words of Labans sonnes, saying, Iacob hath taken away all that was our fathers; and of that which was of our fathers, hath hee gotten all this glory.

2 And Iacob behelde the countenance of Laban, and behold, it was not toward him as before.

3 And the LORD said vnto Iacob, Returne vnto the land of thy fathers, and to thy kindred; and I wil be with thee.

4 And Iacob sent and called Rachel and Leah, to the field vnto his flocke,

5 And said vnto them, I see your fathers countenance, that it is not toward mee as before: but the God of my father hath bene with me.

6 And yee know, that with all my power I haue serued your father.

7 And your father hath deceiued mee, and changed my wages ten times: but God suffered him not to hurt me.

8 If hee said thus, The speckled shall be thy wages, then all the cattell bare speckled: and if he said thus, The ring-straked shalbe thy hire, then bare all the cattell ring-straked.

9 Thus God hath taken away the cattell of your father, and giuen them to mee.

10 And it came to passe at the time that the cattell conceiued, that I lifted vp mine eyes and saw in a dreame, and behold, the rammes which leaped vpon the cattell were ring-straked, speckled and grisled.

11 And the Angel of God spake vnto me in a dreame, saying, Iacob; And I said, Here am I.

12 And hee said, Lift vp now thine eyes, and see, all the rammes which leape vpon the cattell are ring-straked, speckled and grisled: for I haue seene all that Laban doeth vnto thee.

13 I am the God of Bethel, where thou annoyntedst the pillar, and where thou vowedst a vow vnto mee: now arise, get thee out from this land, and returne vnto the land of thy kindred.

14 And Rachel and Leah answered, and said vnto him; Is there yet any portion or inheritance for vs in our fathers house?

15 Are we not counted of him strangers? for he hath sold vs, and hath quite deuoured also our money.

16 For all the riches which God hath taken from our father, that is ours, and our childrens: now then whatsoeuer God hath said vnto thee, doe.

17 ¶ Then Iacob rose vp, and set his sonnes and his wiues vpon camels.

18 And he caried away all his cattell, and all his goods which he had gotten, the cattell of his getting, which hee had gotten in Padan Aram, for to goe to Isaac his father in the land of Canaan.

19 And Laban went to sheare his sheepe: and Rachel had stollen the Images that were her fathers.

20 And Iacob stale away vnawares to Laban the Syrian, in that he told him not that he fled.

21 So hee fled with all that hee had, and he rose vp and passed ouer the Riuer, and set his face toward the mount Gilead.

22 And it was tolde Laban on the third day, that Iacob was fled.

23 And hee tooke his brethren with him, and pursued after him seuen dayes iourney, and they ouertooke him in the mount Gilead.

24 And God came to Laban the Syrian in a dreame by night, and saide vnto him, Take heed that thou speake not to Iacob either good or bad.

25 ¶ Then Laban ouertooke Iacob. Now Iacob had pitched his tent in the mount: and Laban with his brethren pitched in the mount of Gilead.

26 And Laban said to Iacob, What hast thou done, that thou hast stollen away vnawares to me, and caried away my daughters, as captiues taken with the sword?

27 Wherefore didst thou flie away secretly, and steale away from me, and didst not tell mee? that I might haue sent thee away with mirth, and with songs, with tabret, and with harpe,

28 And hast not suffered me to kisse my sonnes and my daughters? thou hast now done foolishly in so doing.

29 It is in the power of my hand to doe you hurt: but the God of your father spake vnto mee yesternight, saying, Take thou heed, that thou speake not to Iacob either good or bad.

30 And now though thou wouldest needes bee gone, because thou sore longedst after thy fathers house; yet wherefore hast thou stollen my gods?

31 And Iacob answered and said to Laban, Because I was afraid: for I said, Peraduenture thou wouldest take by force thy daughters from me.

32 With whomsoeuer thou findest thy gods, let him not liue: before our brethren discerne thou what is thine with me, and take it to thee: for Iacob knew not that Rachel had stollen them.

33 And Laban went into Iacobs tent, and into Leahs tent, and into the two maid seruants tents: but he found them not. Then went he out of Leahs tent, and entred into Rachels tent.

34 Now Rachel had taken the images, and put them in the camels furniture, and sate vpon them: and Laban searched all the tent, but found them not.

35 And shee said to her father, Let it not displease my lord, that I cannot rise vp before thee; for the custome of women is vpon mee: and he searched, but found not the images.

36 ¶ And Iacob was wroth, and c***e with Laban: and Iacob answered and said to Laban, what is my trespasse? what is my sinne, that thou hast so hotly pursued after me?

37 Whereas thou hast searched all my stuffe, what hast thou found of all thy houshold stuffe? set it here before my brethren, and thy brethren, that they may iudge betwixt vs both.

38 This twentie yeeres haue I bene with thee: thy ewes and thy shee goates haue not cast their yong, and the rammes of thy flocke haue I not eaten.

39 That which was torne of beasts, I brought not vnto thee: I bare the losse of it; of my hand didst thou require it, whether stollen by day, or stollen by night.

40 Thus I was in þe day, the drought consumed mee, and the frost by night, aud my sleep departed from mine eyes.

41 Thus have I bene twentie yeres in thy house: I serued thee fourteene yeeres for thy two daughters, and sixe yeres for thy cattel; and thou hast changed my wages ten times.

42 Except the God of my father, the God of Abraham, and the feare of Isaac had bin with me, surely thou hadst sent me away now emptie: God hath seene mine affliction, and the labour of my hands, & rebuked thee yesternight.

43 ¶ And Laban answered and said vnto Iacob, These daughters are my daughters, and these children are my children, and these cattell are my cattell, and all that thou seest, is mine: and what can I doe this day vnto these my daughters, or vnto their children which they haue borne?

44 Now therefore come thou, let vs make a couenant, I and thou: and let it be for a witnesse betweene me and thee.

45 And Iacob tooke a stone, and set it vp for a pillar.

46 And Iacob saide vnto his brethren, Gather stones: and they tooke stones, and made an heape, and they did eate there vpon the heape.

47 And Laban called it Iegar-Sahadutha: but Iacob called it Galeed.

48 And Laban said, This heape is a witnesse betweene mee and thee this day. Therefore was the name of it called Galeed,

49 And Mizpah: for he said, The LORD watch betweene me and thee when we are absent one from another.

50 If thou shalt afflict my daughters, or if thou shalt take other wiues beside my daughters, no man is with vs; See, God is witnesse betwixt mee and thee.

51 And Laban said to Iacob, Behold this heape, and behold this pillar, which I haue cast betwixt me and thee.

52 This heape be witnesse, and this pillar be witnesse, that I will not passe ouer this heape to thee, and that thou shalt not passe ouer this heape, and this pillar vnto me, for harme.

53 The God of Abraham, and the God of Nahor, the God of their father, iudge betwixt vs. And Iacob sware by the feare of his father Isaac.

54 Then Iacob offred sacrifice vpon the mount, and called his brethren to eate bread, and they did eate bread, and taried all night in the mount.

55 And earely in the morning, Laban rose vp and kissed his sonnes, and his daughters, and blessed them: and Laban departed, and returned vnto his place.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2016 4:22 am
Genesis
Chapter 32

1 And Iacob went on his way, and the Angels of God met him.

2 And when Iacob saw them, he said, This is Gods hoste: and hee called the name of that place Mahanaim.

3 And Iacob sent messengers before him, to Esau his brother, vnto the land of Seir, the countrey of Edom.

4 And he commaunded them, saying, Thus shall ye speake vnto my lord Esau, Thy seruant Iacob saith thus, I haue soiourned with Laban, and stayed there vntill now.

5 And I haue oxen, and asses, flockes, and men seruants and women seruants: and I haue sent to tell my lord, that I may find grace in thy sight.

6 ¶ And the messengers returned to Iacob, saying, Wee came to thy brother Esau, and also he commeth to meet thee, and foure hundred men with him.

7 Then Iacob was greatly afraid, and distressed, and he diuided the people that was with him, and the flockes, and herdes, and the camels into two bands,

8 And said, If Esau come to the one company, and smite it, then the other company which is left, shall escape.

9 ¶ And Iacob said, O God of my father Abraham, and God of my father Isaac, the LORD which saidst vnto me, Returne vnto thy countrey, and to thy kinred, and I will deale well with thee:

10 I am not worthy of the least of all the mercies, and of all the trueth, which thou hast shewed vnto thy seruant: for with my staffe I passed ouer this Iordan, and now I am become two bands.

11 Deliuer me, I pray thee, from the hand of my brother, from the hand of Esau: for I feare him, lest he will come, and smite me, and the mother with the children.

12 And thou saidst, I will surely doe thee good, and make thy seed as the sand of the sea, which cannot be numbred for multitude.

13 ¶ And he lodged there that same night, and tooke of that which came to his hand, a present for Esau his brother:

14 Two hundred shee goats, and twentie hee goats, two hundred ewes, and twentie rammes,

15 Thirtie milch camels with their colts, fortie kine, and ten bulles, twenty shee ashes, and ten foales.

16 And hee deliuered them into the hand of his seruants, euery droue by themselues, and said vnto his seruants, Passe ouer before me, and put a space betwixt droue and droue.

17 And he commanded the formost, saying, When Esau my brother meeteth thee, and asketh thee, saying, whose art thou? and whither goest thou? and whose are these before thee?

18 Then thou shalt say, They be thy seruant Iacobs: it is a present sent vnto my lord Esau: and behold also, he is behind vs.

19 And so commanded he the second, and the third, and all that followed the droues, saying, On this maner shal you speake vnto Esau, when you find him.

20 And say ye moreouer, Beholde, thy seruant Iacob is behind vs: for he said, I will appease him with the present that goeth before me, and afterward I will see his face; peraduenture he will accept of me.

21 So went the present ouer before him: and himselfe lodged that night in the company.

22 And hee rose vp that night, and tooke his two wiues, and his two women seruants, and his eleuen sonnes, and passed ouer the foord Iabbok.

23 And he tooke them, and sent them ouer the brooke, and sent ouer that hee had.

24 ¶ And Iacob was left alone: and there wrestled a man with him, vntill the breaking of the day.

25 And when he saw, that he preuailed not against him, he touched the hollow of his thigh: and the hollow of Iacobs thigh was out of ioynt, as hee wrestled with him.

26 And he said, Let me goe, for the day breaketh: and he said, I will not let thee goe, except thou blesse me.

27 And he said vnto him, what is thy name? and he said, Iacob.

28 And he said, Thy name shall be called no more Iacob, but Israel: for as a prince hast thou power with God, and with men, and hast preuailed.

29 And Iacob asked him, and saide, Tell me, I pray thee, thy name: and he said, wherefore is it, that thou doest aske after my name? and he blessed him there.

30 And Iacob called the name of the place Peniel: for I haue seene God face to face, and my life is preserued.

31 And as he passed ouer Penuel, the sunne rose vpon him, and he halted vpon his thigh.

32 Therefore the children of Israel eate not of the sinewe which shranke, which is vpon the hollow of the thigh, vnto this day: because hee touched the hollow of Iacobs thigh, in the sinewe that shranke.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 4:48 am
Genesis
Chapter 33

1 And Iacob lifted vp his eyes, and looked, and behold, Esau came, and with him foure hundreth men: and hee diuided the children vnto Leah, and vnto Rachel, and vnto the two handmaids.

2 And he put the handmaides, and their chidren foremost, and Leah and her children after, and Rachel and Ioseph hindermost.

3 And hee passed ouer before them, and bowed himselfe to the ground seuen times, vntill hee came neere to his brother.

4 And Esau ran to meete him, and imbraced him, and fell on his necke, and kissed him, and they wept.

5 And he lift vp his eyes, and sawe the women, and the children, and said, who are those with thee? And he said, The children which God hath graciously giuen thy seruant.

6 Then the handmaidens came neere; they and their children, and they bowed themselues.

7 And Leah also with her children came neere, and bowed themselues: and after came Ioseph neere and Rachel, and they bowed themselues.

8 And he said, What meanest thou by all this droue, which I met? And he said, These are to find grace in the sight of my lord.

9 And Esau said, I haue enough: my brother, keepe that thou hast vnto thy selfe.

10 And Iacob saide, Nay, I pray thee: if now I haue found grace in thy sight, then receiue my present at my hand: for therefore I haue seene thy face, as though I had seene the face of God; and thou wast pleased with me.

11 Take, I pray thee, my blessing that is brought to thee; because God hath dealt graciously with mee, and because I haue enough: and hee vrged him, and he tooke it.

12 And he said, Let vs take our iourney, and let vs goe, and I will goe before thee.

13 And hee said vnto him, My lord knoweth, that the children are tender, and the flockes and heards with yong are with mee: and if men should ouer-driue them one day, all the flocke will die.

14 Let my lord, I pray thee, passe ouer before his seruant, and I will leade on softly, according as the cattell that goeth before me, and the children be able to endure, vntill I come vnto my lord vnto Seir.

15 And Esau said, Let me now leaue with thee some of the folke that are with me: And hee said, What needeth it? let me finde grace in the sight of my lord.

16 ¶ So Esau returned that day, on his way vnto Seir.

17 And Iacob iourneyed to Succoth, and built him an house, and made boothes for his cattell: therefore the name of the place is called Succoth.

18 ¶ And Iacob came to Shalem, a citie of Shechem, which is the land of Canaan, when he came from Padan Aram, and pitched his tent before the Citie.

19 And he bought a parcell of a field where hee had spread his tent, at the hand of the children of Hamor Shechems father, for an hundred pieces of money.

20 And hee erected there an Altar, and called it El-Elohe-Israel.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:23 am
Genesis
Chapter 34

1 And Dinah the daughter of Leah, which shee bare vnto Iacob, went out to see the daughters of the land.

2 And when Shechem the sonne of Hamor the Hiuite, prince of the countrey saw her, he tooke her, and lay with her, and defiled her.

3 And his soule claue vnto Dinah the daughter of Iacob, and hee loued the damsell, and spake kindly vnto the damsell.

4 And Shechem spake vnto his father Hamor, saying, Get mee this damsell to wife.

5 And Iacob heard that he had defiled Dinah his daughter (now his sonnes were with his cattel in the field) and Iacob helde his peace vntill they were come.

6 ¶ And Hamor the father of Shechem went out vnto Iacob to commune with him.

7 And the sonnes of Iacob came out of the field when they heard it, and the men were grieued: and they were very wroth, because hee had wrought folly in Israel, in lying with Iacobs daughter; which thing ought not to be done.

8 And Hamor communed with them, saying, The soule of my sonne Shechem longeth for your daughter: I pray you giue her him to wife.

9 And make ye mariages with vs, and giue your daughters vnto vs, and take our daughters vnto you.

10 And ye shall dwell with vs, and the land shall be before you: dwell and trade you therein, and get you possessions therein.

11 And Shechem said vnto her father, and vnto her brethren, Let mee finde grace in your eyes, and what yee shall say vnto me, I will giue.

12 Aske mee neuer so much dowrie and gift, and I will giue according as yee shall say vnto mee: but giue me the damsell to wife.

13 And the sonnes of Iacob answered Shechem, and Hamor his father deceitfully, and said, because he had defiled Dinah their sister.

14 And they saide vnto them, wee cannot doe this thing, to giue our sister to one that is vncircumcised: for that were a reproch vnto vs.

15 But in this will we consent vnto you: If ye will be as we be, that euery male of you be circumcised:

16 Then wil we giue our daughters vnto you, and we wil take your daughters to vs, and we will dwell with you, and we will become one people.

17 But if ye will not hearken vnto vs, to be circumcised, then will we take our daughter, and we will be gone.

18 And their words pleased Hamor, and Shechem Hamors sonne.

19 And the yong man deferred not to doe the thing, because he had delight in Iacobs daughter: and he was more honourable then all the house of his father.

20 ¶ And Hamor and Shechem his sonne came vnto the gate of their citie, and communed with the men of their citie, saying:

21 These men are peaceable with vs, therefore let them dwel in the land, and trade therein: for the land, behold, it is large enough for them: let vs take their daughters to vs for wiues, and let vs giue them our daughters.

22 Onely herein will the men consent vnto vs, for to dwell with vs to be one people, if euery male among vs bee circumcised, as they are circumcised.

23 Shall not their cattell, and their substance, and euery beast of theirs bee ours? onely let vs consent vnto them, and they will dwell with vs.

24 And vnto Hamor and vnto Shechem his sonne, hearkened all that went out of the gate of his citie; and euery male was circumcised, all that went out of the gate of his citie.

25 ¶ And it came to passe on the thirde day when they were sore, that two of the sonnes of Iacob, Simeon and Leui, Dinahs brethren, tooke each man his sword and came vpon the citie boldly, and slew all the males.

26 And they slew Hamor and Shechem his sonne, with the edge of the sword, and tooke Dinah out of Shechems house, and went out.

27 The sonnes of Iacob came vpon the slaine, and spoiled the citie, because they had defiled their sister.

28 They tooke their sheepe, and their oxen, and their asses, and that which was in the citie, and that which was in the field.

29 And all their wealth, and all their little ones, and their wiues tooke they captiue, and spoiled euen all that was in the house.

30 And Iacob said to Simeon and Leui, Ye haue troubled me to make me to stinke among the inhabitants of the land, amongst the Canaanites, and the Perizzites: and I being few in number, they shall gather themselues together against me, and slay me, and I shal be destroyed, I and my house.

31 And they said, Should hee deale with our sister, as with an harlot?  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:14 am
Genesis
Chapter 35

1 And God said vnto Iacob, Arise, goe vp to Bethel, and dwel there: and make there an Altar vnto God, that appeared vnto thee, when thou fleddest from the face of Esau thy brother.

2 Then Iacob said vnto his household, and to all that were with him, Put away the strange gods that are among you, and bee cleane, and change your garments,

3 And let vs arise, and goe vp to Bethel, and I will make there an Altar vnto God, who answered me in the day of my distresse, and was with me in the way which I went.

4 And they gaue vnto Iacob all the strange gods which were in their hand, and all their eare-rings which were in their eares, and Iacob hid them vnder the oke which was by Shechem.

5 And they iourneyed: and the terrour of God was vpon the cities that were round about them, and they did not pursue after the sonnes of Iacob.

6 ¶ So Iacob came to Luz, which is in the land of Canaan (that is Bethel) hee and all the people that were with him.

7 And hee built there an Altar, and called the place El-Bethel, because there God appeared vnto him, when he fled from the face of his brother.

8 But Deborah Rebekahs nurse died, and she was buried beneath Bethel vnder an oke: and the name of it was called Allon Bachuth.

9 ¶ And God appeared vnto Iacob againe, when he came out of Padan Aram, and blessed him.

10 And God said vnto him, Thy name is Iacob: thy name shall not bee called any more Iacob, but Israel shall bee thy name; and hee called his name Israel.

11 And God saide vnto him, I am God Almightie: be fruitfull and multiply: a nation and a company of nations shall be of thee, and Kings shall come out of thy loynes.

12 And the land which I gaue Abraham, and Isaac, to thee I will giue it, and to thy seed after thee will I giue the land.

13 And God went vp from him, in the place where he talked with him.

14 And Iacob set vp a pillar in the place where he talked with him, euen a pillar of stone: and hee powred a drinke offering thereon, and he powred oile thereon.

15 And Iacob called the name of the place where God spake with him, Bethel.

16 ¶ And they iourneyed from Bethel: and there was but a litle way to come to Ephrath; and Rachel traueiled, and she had hard labour.

17 And it came to passe when shee was in hard labour, that the midwife said vnto her, Feare not: thou shalt haue this sonne also.

18 And it came to passe as her soule was in departing, (for she died) that she called his name Ben-oni: but his father called him Beniamin.

19 And Rachel died, and was buried in the way to Ephrath, which is Bethlehem.

20 And Iacob set a pillar vpon her graue: that is the pillar of Rachels graue vnto this day.

21 ¶ And Israel iourneyed and spread his tent beyond the towre of Edar.

22 And it came to passe when Israel dwelt in that land, that Reuben went & lay with Bilhah his fathers concubine: and Israel heard it. Now the sonnes of Iacob were twelue.

23 The sonnes of Leah: Reuben Iacobs first borne, and Simeon, and Leui, and Iudah, and Issachar, and Zebulun.

24 The sonnes of Rachel: Ioseph, and Beniamin.

25 And the sonnes of Bilhah, Rachels handmaid: Dan and Naphtali.

26 And the sonnes of Zilpah, Leahs handmaid: Gad, and Asher. These are the sonnes of Iacob, which were borne to him in Padan Aram.

27 ¶ And Iacob came vnto Isaac his father vnto Mamre, vnto the citie of Arbah (which is Hebron) where Abraham and Isaac soiourned.

28 And the dayes of Isaac were an hundred and fourescore yeeres.

29 And Isaac gaue vp the ghost and died, and was gathered vnto his people, being old and full of dayes: and his sonnes Esau and Iacob buried him.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 6:59 am
Genesis
Chapter 36

1 Now these are the generations of Esau, who is Edom.

2 Esau tooke his wiues of the daughters of Canaan: Adah the daughter of Elon the Hittite, and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah the daughter of Zibeon the Hiuite:

3 And Bashemath Ishmaels daughter, sister of Nebaioth.

4 And Adah bare to Esau, Eliphaz: and Bashemath bare Reuel.

5 And Aholibamah bare Ieush, and Iaalam, and Korah: these are the sonnes of Esau, which were borne vnto him in the land of Canaan.

6 And Esau tooke his wiues, and his sonnes, and his daughters, and all the persons of his house, and his cattell, and all his beasts, and all his substance, which he had got in the lande of Canaan: and went into the countrey from the face of his brother Iacob.

7 For their riches were more then that they might dwell together: and the land wherein they were strangers, could not beare them, because of their cattell.

8 Thus dwelt Esau in mount Seir: Esau is Edom.

9 ¶ And these are the generations of Esau, the father of the Edomites in mount Seir.

10 These are the names of Esaus sonnes: Eliphaz the sonne of Adah the wife of Esau, Reuel the sonne of Bashemath, the wife of Esau.

11 And the sonnes of Eliphaz were, Teman, Omar, Zepho, and Gatam, and Kenaz.

12 And Timna was concubine to Eliphaz Esaus sonne, and shee bare to Eliphaz Amalek: these were the sonnes of Adah Esaus wife.

13 And these are the sonnes of Reuel: Nahath and Zerah, Shammah, and Mizzah: these were the sonnes of Bashemath, Esaus wife.

14 ¶ And these were the sonnes of Aholibamah, the daughter of Anah, daughter of Zibeon Esaus wife: and she bare to Esau, Ieush and Iaalam, and Korah.

15 ¶ These were dukes of the sonnes of Esau: the sonnes of Eliphaz the first borne sonne of Esau, duke Teman, duke Omar, duke Zepho, duke Kenaz,

16 Duke Korah, duke Gatam, and duke Amalek: These are the dukes that came of Eliphaz, in the land of Edom: These were the sonnes of Adah.

17 ¶ And these are the sonnes of Reuel Esaus sonne: duke Nahath, duke Zerah, duke Shammah, duke Mizzah. These are the dukes that came of Reuel, in the land of Edom: these are the sonnes of Bashemath, Esaus wife.

18 ¶ And these are the sonnes of Aholibamah Esaus wife: duke Ieush, duke Iaalam, duke Korah: these were the dukes that came of Aholibamah the daughter of Anah Esaus wife.

19 These are the sonnes of Esau, (who is Edom) and these are their dukes.

20 ¶ These are the sonnes of Seir the Horite, who inhabited the land, Lotan, and Shobal, and Zibeon, and Anah.

21 And Dishon, and Ezer, and Dishan: these are the dukes of the Horites the children of Seir in the lande of Edom.

22 And the children of Lotan, were Hori, and Hemam: and Lotans sister was Timna.

23 And the children of Shobal were these: Aluan, and Manahath, and Ebal, Shepho, and Onam.

24 And these are the children of Zibeon, both Aiah, and Anah: this was that Anah that found the mules in the wildernesse, as he fed the asses of Zibeon his father.

25 And the children of Anah were these: Dishon, and Aholibamah the daughter of Anah.

26 And these are the children of Dishon: Hemdan and Eshban, & Ithran, and Cheran.

27 The children of Ezer are these: Bilhan and Zaauan, and Akan.

28 The children of Dishan are these: Uz, and Aran.

29 These are the dukes that came of the Horites: duke Lotan, duke Shobal, duke Zibeon, duke Anah,

30 Duke Dishon, duke Ezer, duke Dishan: these are the dukes that came of Hori, among their dukes in the land of Seir.

31 ¶ And these are the kings that reigned in the land of Edom, before there reigned any king ouer the children of Israel.

32 And Bela the sonne of Beor reigned in Edom: and the name of his citie was Dinhabah.

33 And Bela died, and Iobab the sonne of Zerah of Bozra reigned in his stead.

34 And Iobab died, and Husham of the land of Temani reigned in his stead.

35 And Husham died, and Hadad the sonne of Bedad, (who smote Midian in the field of Moab,) reigned in his stead: & the name of his citie was Auith.

36 And Hadad died, and Samlah of Masrekah, reigned in his stead.

37 And Samlah died, and Saul of Rehoboth, by the riuer, reigned in his stead.

38 And Saul died, and Baal-hanan the sonne of Achbor reigned in his stead.

39 And Baal-hanan the sonne of Achbor died, and Hadar reigned in his stead: and the name of his citie was Pau, and his wiues name was Mehetabel, the daughter of Matred, the daughter of Mezahab.

40 And these are the names of the dukes that came of Esau, according to their families, after their places, by their names: duke Timnah, duke Aluah, duke Ietheth,

41 Duke Aholibamah, duke Elah, duke Pinon,

42 Duke Kenaz, duke Teman, duke Mibzar,

43 Duke Magdiel, duke Iram. These be the dukes of Edom, according to their habitations, in the land of their possession: he is Esau the father of the Edomites.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 12:19 am
Genesis
Chapter 37

1 And Iacob dwelt in the land wherein his father was a stranger, in the land of Canaan.

2 These are the generations of Iacob: Ioseph being seuenteene yeeres old, was feeding the flocke with his brethren, and the lad was with the sonnes of Bilhah, and with the sonnes of Zilpah, his fathers wiues: and Ioseph brought vnto his father their euill report.

3 Now Israel loued Ioseph more then all his children, because he was the sonne of his old age: and he made him a coat of many colours.

4 And when his brethren saw that their father loued him more then all his brethren, they hated him, and could not speake peaceably vnto him.

5 ¶ And Ioseph dreamed a dreame, and he told it his brethren, and they hated him yet the more.

6 And he said vnto them, Heare, I pray you, this dreame which I haue dreamed.

7 For beholde, wee were binding sheaues in the field, and loe, my sheafe arose, and also stood vpright; and behold, your sheaues stood round about, and made obeisance to my sheafe.

8 And his brethren saide to him, Shalt thou indeed reigne ouer vs? or shalt thou indeed haue dominion ouer vs? and they hated him yet the more, for his dreames, and for his words.

9 ¶ And hee dreamed yet another dreame, and told it his brethren, and said, Behold, I haue dreamed a dreame more: and behold, the sunne and the moone, and the eleuen starres made obeisance to me.

10 And he told it to his father, and to his brethren: and his father rebuked him, and said vnto him, What is this dreame that thou hast dreamed? shal I, and thy mother, and thy brethren indeed come to bow downe our selues to thee, to the earth?

11 And his brethren enuied him: but his father obserued the saying.

12 ¶ And his brethren went to feed their fathers flocke in Shechem.

13 And Israel saide vnto Ioseph, Doe not thy brethren feed the flocke in Shechem? Come, and I will send thee vnto them: & he said to him, Here am I.

14 And he said to him, Goe, I pray thee, see whether it bee well with thy brethren, and well with the flockes, and bring me word againe: so hee sent him out of the vale of Hebron, and he came to Shechem.

15 ¶ And a certaine man found him, and behold, hee was wandring in the field, and the man asked him, saying, What seekest thou?

16 And he said, I seeke my brethren: tell me, I pray thee, where they feede their flockes.

17 And the man said, They are departed hence: for I heard them say, Let vs goe to Dothan. And Ioseph went after his brethren, and found them in Dothan.

18 And when they saw him a farre off, euen before he came neere vnto them, they conspired against him, to slay him.

19 And they said one to another, Behold, this dreamer commeth.

20 Come now therefore, and let vs slay him, and cast him into some pit, and we will say, Some euill beast hath deuoured him: and we shall see what will become of his dreames.

21 And Reuben heard it, and he deliuered him out of their hands, and said; Let vs not kill him.

22 And Reuben saide vnto them, Shed no blood, but cast him into this pit that is in the wildernesse, and lay no hand vpon him; that he might rid him out of their hands, to deliuer him to his father againe.

23 ¶ And it came to passe when Ioseph was come vnto his brethren, that they stript Ioseph out of his coate, his coat of many colours that was on him.

24 And they tooke him and cast him into a pit: and the pit was emptie, there was no water in it.

25 And they sate downe to eat bread: and they lift vp their eyes and looked, and behold, a company of Ishmeelites came from Gilead, with their camels, bearing spicery, & baulme, and myrrhe, going to cary it downe to Egypt.

26 And Iudah saide vnto his brethren, What profit is it if we slay our brother, and conceale his blood?

27 Come, and let vs sell him to the Ishmeelites, and let not our hand bee vpon him: for he is our brother, and our flesh; and his brethren were content.

28 Then there passed by Midianites merchant men, and they drew and lift vp Ioseph out of the pit, and sold Ioseph to the Ishmeelites for twentie pieces of siluer: and they brought Ioseph into Egypt.

29 ¶ And Reuben returned vnto the pit, and behold, Ioseph was not in the pit: and he rent his clothes.

30 And hee returned vnto his brethren and said, The childe is not, and I, whither shall I goe?

31 And they tooke Iosephs coat, and killed a kid of the goats, and dipped the coat in the blood.

32 And they sent the coat of many colours, and they brought it to their father, and said, This haue we found: know now whether it bee thy sonnes coat or no.

33 And he knew it, and said, It is my sonnes coat: an euil beast hath deuoured him; Ioseph is without doubt rent in pieces.

34 And Iacob rent his clothes, and put sackcloth vpon his loines, & mourned for his sonne many dayes.

35 And all his sonnes, and all his daughters rose vp to comfort him: but he refused to be comforted: and he said, For I will goe downe into the graue vnto my sonne, mourning; thus his father wept for him.

36 And the Medanites sold him into Egypt vnto Potiphar, an officer of Pharaohs, and captaine of the guard.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 1:11 am
Genesis
Chapter 38

1 And it came to passe at that time, that Iudah went downe from his brethren, and turned in to a certaine Adullamite, whose name was Hirah:

2 And Iudah saw there a daughter of a certaine Canaanite, whose name was Shuah: and he tooke her, and went in vnto her.

3 And she conceiued & bare a sonne, and he called his name Er.

4 And shee conceiued againe, and bare a sonne, and shee called his name, Onan.

5 And she yet againe conceiued and bare a sonne, and called his name Shelah: and hee was at Chezib, when shee bare him.

6 And Iudah tooke a wife for Er his first borne, whose name was Tamar.

7 And Er, Iudahs first borne was wicked in the sight of the LORD, and the LORD slew him.

8 And Iudah said vnto Onan, Goe in vnto thy brothers wife, and marrie her, and raise vp seed to thy brother.

9 And Onan knew that the seed should not be his; and it came to passe when hee went in vnto his brothers wife, that hee spilled it on the ground, least that hee should giue seed to his brother.

10 And the thing which he did, displeased the LORD: wherefore hee slew him also.

11 Then said Iudah to Tamar his daughter in law, Remaine a widow at thy fathers house, til Shelah my sonne be growen: (for he said, Lest peraduenture he die also as his brethren did) and Tamar went and dwelt in her fathers house.

12 ¶ And in processe of time, the daughter of Shuah Iudahs wife died: and Iudah was comforted, and went vp vnto his sheepe-shearers to Timnath, he and his friend Hirah the Adullamite.

13 And it was told Lamar, saying, Behold, thy father in law goeth vp to Timnath to sheare his sheepe.

14 And shee put her widowes garments off from her, and couered her with a vaile, and wrapped her selfe, and sate in an open place, which is by the way to Timnath: for shee sawe that Shelah was growen, and she was not giuen vnto him to wife.

15 When Iudah saw her, he thought her to be an harlot: because she had couered her face.

16 And hee turned vnto her by the way, and said, Goe to, I pray thee, let me come in vnto thee: (for he knew not that she was his daughter in law) and she said, what wilt thou giue mee, that thou mayest come in vnto me?

17 And hee said, I will send thee a kid from the flocke: and shee saide, Wilt thou giue mee a pledge, till thou send it?

18 And he said, What pledge shall I giue thee? And she said, Thy signet, and thy bracelets, and thy staffe, that is in thine hand: and he gaue it her, & came in vnto her, and she conceived by him.

19 And shee arose and went away, and laid by her vaile from her, and put on the garments of her widowhood.

20 And Iudah sent the kidde by the hand of his friend the Adullamite, to receive his pledge from the womans hand: but he found her not.

21 Then hee asked the men of that place, saying, where is the harlot, that was openly by the way side? And they said, There was no harlot in this place.

22 And he returned to Iudah, and said, I cannot finde her: and also the men of the place said, That there was no harlot in this place.

23 And Iudah said, Let her take it to her, lest we bee shamed: behold, I sent this kidde, and thou hast not found her.

24 ¶ And it came to passe about three moneths after, that it was tolde Iudah, saying, Tamar thy daughter in law hath played the harlot, and also behold, she is with child by whoredom: and Iudah said, Bring her foorth, and let her be burnt.

25 When she was brought forth, she sent to her father in law, saying, By the man whose these are, am I with child: and shee said, Discerne, I pray thee, whose are these, the signet, and bracelets, and staffe.

26 And Iudah acknowledged them, and said, She hath bin more righteous then I: because that I gaue her not to Shelah my sonne: and he knew her againe no more.

27 ¶ And it came to passe in the time of her trauaile, that beholde, twinnes were in her wombe.

28 And it came to passe when shee trauailed, that the one put out his hand, and the midwife tooke and bound vpon his hand a skarlet threed, saying, This came out first.

29 And it came to passe as he drewe backe his hand, that behold, his brother came out: and she said, how hast thou broken foorth? this breach bee vpon thee: Therefore his name was called Pharez.

30 And afterward came out his brother that had the skarlet threed vpon his hand, and his name was called Zarah.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 17, 2016 12:24 am
Genesis
Chapter 39

1 And Ioseph was brought downe to Egypt, and Potiphar an Officer of Pharaoh, captaine of þe guard, an Egyptian, bought him of the hand of the Ishmeelites, which had brought him downe thither.

2 And the LORD was with Ioseph, and hee was a prosperous man, and hee was in the house of his master the Egyptian.

3 And his master sawe that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did, to prosper in his hand.

4 And Ioseph found grace in his sight, and he serued him; and hee made him ouerseer ouer his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.

5 And it came to passe from the time that hee had made him overseer in his house, and ouer all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptians house for Iosephs sake: and the blessing of the LORD was vpon all that he had in the house, and in the field.

6 And he left all that he had, in Iosephs hand: and he knew not ought he had, saue the bread which he did eate: and Ioseph was a goodly person, and well fauoured.

7 ¶ And it came to passe after these things, that his masters wife cast her eyes vpon Ioseph, and shee said, Lie with me.

8 But he refused, and said vnto his masters wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with mee in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath, to my hand.

9 There is none greater in this house then I: neither hath hee kept backe any thing from me, but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I doe this great wickednesse, and sinne against God?

10 And it came to passe as she spake to Ioseph day by day, that hee hearkened not vnto her, to lie by her, or to bee with her.

11 And it came to passe about this time, that Ioseph went in to the house, to doe his busines, and there was none of the men of the house there within.

12 And shee caught him by his garment, saying, Lie with me: and he left his garment in her hand, and fled, and got him out.

13 And it came to passe, when she saw that hee had left his garment in her hand, and was fled forth;

14 That she called vnto the men of her house, and spake vnto them, saying, See, he hath brought in an Hebrew vnto vs, to mocke vs: he came in vnto me to lie with me, and I cried with a loud voice.

15 And it came to passe, when hee heard that I lifted vp my voice, and cried, that he left his garment with mee, and fled, and got him out.

16 And she laid vp his garment by her, vntill her lord came home.

17 And she spake vnto him, according to these words, saying, The Hebrew seruant which thou hast brought vnto vs, came in vnto me to mocke me.

18 And it came to passe as I lift vp my voice, and cried, that he left his garment with me, and fled out.

19 And it came to passe when his master heard the words of his wife, which she spake vnto him, saying, After this maner did thy seruant to me, that his wrath was kindled.

20 And Iosephs master tooke him, and put him into the prison, a place, where þe kings prisoners were bound: and he was there in the prison.

21 ¶ But the LORD was with Ioseph, and shewed him mercie, and gaue him fauour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.

22 And the keeper of the prison committed to Iosephs hand all the prisoners that were in the prison, and whatsoeuer they did there, he was the doer of it:

23 The keeper of the prison looked not to any thing, that was vnder his hand, because the LORD was with him: & that which he did, the LORD made it to prosper.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 12:21 am
Genesis
Chapter 40

1 And it came to passe after these things, that the Butler of the King of Egypt, and his Baker, had offended their lord the King of Egypt.

2 And Pharaoh was wroth against two of his officers, against the chiefe of the Butlers, and against the chiefe of the Bakers.

3 And he put them in ward in the house of the captaine of the guard, into the prison, the place where Ioseph was bound.

4 And the captaine of the guard charged Ioseph with them, and he serued them, and they continued a season in warde.

5 ¶ And they dreamed a dreame both of them, each man his dreame in one night, each man according to the interpretation of his dreame, the Butler and the Baker of the king of Egypt, which were bound in the prison.

6 And Ioseph came in vnto them in the morning, and looked vpon them, and behold, they were sad.

7 And he asked Pharaohs officers that were with him in the warde of his lords house, saying, wherefore looke ye so sadly to day?

8 And they said vnto him, we haue dreamed a dreame, and there is no interpreter of it. And Ioseph said vnto them, Doe not interpretations belong to God? tell me them, I pray you.

9 And the chiefe Butler tolde his dreame to Ioseph, and said to him; In my dreame, beholde, a vine was before mee:

10 And in the vine were three branches, and it was as though it budded, and her blossoms shot foorth; and the clusters thereof brought forth ripe grapes.

11 And Pharaohs cup was in my hand, and I tooke the grapes and pressed them into Pharaohs cup: and I gaue the cup into Pharaohs hand.

12 And Ioseph said vnto him, This is the interpretation of it: the three branches are three dayes,

13 Yet within three dayes shall Pharaoh lift vp thine head, and restore thee vnto thy place, and thou shalt deliuer Pharaohs cup into his hand, after the former manner when thou wast his Butler.

14 But thinke on me, when it shall be well with thee, and shew kindenesse, I pray thee, vnto mee, and make mention of me vnto Pharaoh, and bring me out of this house.

15 For indeed I was stollen away out of the land of the Hebrewes: and here also haue I done nothing, that they should put me into the dungeon.

16 When the chiefe Baker saw, that the interpretation was good, he said vnto Ioseph, I also was in my dreame, and behold, I had three white baskets on my head.

17 And in the vppermost basket there was of all maner of bake-meats for Pharaoh, and the birds did eat them out of the basket vpon my head.

18 And Ioseph answered, and said, This is the interpretation thereof: the three baskets are three dayes:

19 Yet within three dayes shall Pharaoh lift vp thy head from off thee, and shall hang thee on a tree, and the birds shall eate thy flesh from off thee.

20 ¶ And it came to passe the third day, which was Pharaohs birth day, that hee made a feast vnto all his seruaunts: and he lifted vp by the head of the chiefe Butler, and of the chiefe Baker among his seruants.

21 And he restored the chiefe Butler vnto his Butlership againe, and hee gaue the cup into Pharaohs hand.

22 But he hanged the chiefe Baker, as Ioseph had interpreted to them.

23 Yet did not the chiefe Butler remember Ioseph, but forgate him.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 3:22 am
Genesis
Chapter 41

1 And it came to passe at the end of two ful yeeres, that Pharaoh dreamed: and beholde, hee stood by the riuer.

2 And behold, there came vp out of the riuer seuen well fauoured kine, and fat fleshed, and they fed in a medow.

3 And behold, seuen other kine came vp after them out of the riuer, ill fauoured and leane fleshed, and stood by the other kine, vpon the brinke of the riuer.

4 And the ill fauoured and leane fleshed kine, did eate vp the seuen well fauoured and fat kine: So Pharaoh awoke.

5 And hee slept and dreamed the second time: and beholde, seuen eares of corne came vp vpon one stalke, ranke and good.

6 And beholde, seuen thinne eares and blasted with the Eastwind, sprang vp after them.

7 And the seuen thinne eares deuoured the seuen ranke and full eares: and Pharaoh awoke, and behold, it was a dreame.

8 And it came to passe in the morning, that his spirit was troubled, and he sent and called for all the Magicians of Egypt, and all the wise men thereof: and Pharaoh tolde them his dreame; but there was none that could interprete them vnto Pharaoh.

9 ¶ Then spake the chiefe Butler vnto Pharaoh, saying, I doe remember my faults this day.

10 Pharaoh was wroth with his seruants, and put mee in warde, in the captaine of the guards house, both mee, and the chiefe Baker.

11 And we dreamed a dreame in one night, I and he: we dreamed each man according to the interpretation of his dreame.

12 And there was there with vs a yong man an Hebrew, seruant to the captaine of the guard: and wee told him, and he interpreted to vs our dreames, to each man according to his dreame, he did interpret.

13 And it came to passe, as he interpreted to vs, so it was; mee he restored vnto mine office, and him he hanged.

14 ¶ Then Pharaoh sent and called Ioseph, and they brought him hastily out of the dungeon: And he shaued himselfe, and changed his raiment, and came in vnto Pharaoh.

15 And Pharaoh said vnto Ioseph, I haue dreamed a dreame, and there is none that can interpret it: and I haue heard say of thee, that thou canst vnderstand a dreame, to interpret it.

16 And Ioseph answered Pharaoh, saying; It is not in me: God shall giue Pharaoh an answere of peace.

17 And Pharaoh said vnto Ioseph; In my dreame, behold, I stood vpon the banke of the riuer.

18 And behold, there came vp out of the riuer seuen kine, fat fleshed and well fauoured, and they fed in a medow.

19 And behold, seuen other kine came vp after them, poore and very ill fauoured, and leane fleshed, such as I neuer saw in all the land of Egypt for badnes.

20 And the leane, & the ill fauoured kine, did eate vp the first seuen fat kine.

21 And when they had eaten them vp, it could not bee knowen that they had eaten them, but they were still ill fauoured, as at the beginning: So I awoke.

22 And I saw in my dreame, and behold, seuen eares came vp in one stalke, full and good.

23 And behold, seuen eares withered, thin & blasted with the East wind, sprung vp after them.

24 And the thin eares deuoured the seuen good eares: and I told this vnto the magicians, but there was none that could declare it to me.

25 ¶ And Ioseph said vnto Pharaoh, the dreame of Pharaoh is one; God hath shewed Pharaoh what he is about to doe.

26 The seuen good kine are seuen yeeres: and the seuen good eares are seuen yeeres: the dreame is one.

27 And the seuen thin and ill fauoured kine that came vp after them, are seuen yeeres: and the seuen emptie eares blasted with the East wind, shall bee seuen yeeres of famine.

28 This is the thing which I haue spoken vnto Pharaoh: what God is about to doe, he sheweth vnto Pharaoh.

29 Behold, there come seuen yeeres of great plentie, throughout all the land of Egypt.

30 And there shall arise after them, seuen yeeres of famine, and all the plentie shall be forgotten in the land of Egypt: and the famine shall consume the land.

31 And the plentie shal not be knowen in the land, by reason of that famine following: for it shalbe very grieuous.

32 And for that the dreame was doubled vnto Pharaoh twice, it is because the thing is established by God: and God will shortly bring it to passe.

33 Now therfore let Pharaoh looke out a man discreet and wise, and set him ouer the land of Egypt.

34 Let Pharaoh doe this, and let him appoint officers ouer the land, & take vp the fift part of the land of Egypt, in the seuen plenteous yeeres.

35 And let them gather all the food of those good yeeres that come, and lay vp corne vnder the hand of Pharaoh, and let them keepe food in the cities.

36 And that food shall be for store to the land, against the seuen yeeres of famine, which shall bee in the land of Egypt, that the land perish not through the famine.

37 ¶ And the thing was good in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of all his seruants.

38 And Pharaoh said vnto his seruants, Can we find such a one, as this is, a man in whom the spirit of God is?

39 And Pharaoh said vnto Ioseph, Forasmuch as God hath shewed thee all this, there is none so discreete and wise, as thou art:

40 Thou shalt be ouer my house, and according vnto thy word shall all my people be ruled: only in the throne will I be greater then thou.

41 And Pharaoh said vnto Ioseph, See, I haue set thee ouer all the land of Egypt.

42 And Pharaoh tooke off his ring from his hand, & put it vpon Iosephs hand, and arayed him in vestures of fine linnen, and put a gold chaine about his necke.

43 And he made him to ride in the second charet which he had: and they cried before him, Bow the knee: and he made him ruler ouer all the land of Egypt.

44 And Pharaoh said vnto Ioseph, I am Pharaoh, and without thee shall no man lift vp his hand or foote, in all the land of Egypt.

45 And Pharaoh called Iosephs name, Zaphnath-Paaneah, and he gaue him to wife Asenath the daughter of Poti-pherah, priest of On: and Ioseph went out ouer all the lande of Egypt.

46 (¶ And Ioseph was thirtie yeeres old when he stood before Pharaoh king of Egypt) and Ioseph went out from the presence of Pharaoh, and went thorowout all the land of Egypt.

47 And in the seuen plenteous yeres the earth brought forth by handfuls.

48 And he gathered vp all the foode of the seuen yeeres, which were in the land of Egypt, and laid vp the foode in the cities: the foode of the field which was round about euery citie, laid he vp in the same.

49 And Ioseph gathered corne as the sand of the sea, very much, vntill he left numbring: for it was without number.

50 And vnto Ioseph were borne two sonnes, before the yeeres of famine came: which Asenath the daughter of Poti-pherah, Priest of On bare vnto him.
51 And Ioseph called the name of the first borne Manasseh: for God, said hee, hath made me forget all my toile, and all my fathers house.

52 And the name of the second called he Ephraim: for God hath caused mee to be fruitfull in the land of my affliction.

53 ¶ And the seuen yeeres of plenteousnesse, that was in the land of Egypt, were ended.

54 And the seuen yeeres of dearth beganne to come according as Ioseph had saide, and the dearth was in all lands: but in all the land of Egypt there was bread.

55 And when all the land of Egypt was famished, the people cried to Pharaoh for bread: and Pharaoh said vnto all the Egyptians, Goe vnto Ioseph: what he saith to you, doe.

56 And the famine was ouer all the face of the earth; and Ioseph opened all the storehouses, and solde vnto the Egyptians: and the famine waxed sore in the land of Egypt.

57 And all countreys came into Egypt to Ioseph, for to buy corne, because that the famine was so sore in all lands.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2016 1:23 am
Genesis
Chapter 42

1 Now when Iacob saw that there was corne in Egypt, Iacob said vnto his sonnes, Why doe ye looke one vpon an other?

2 And hee said, Beholde, I haue heard that there is corne in Egypt: get you downe thither and buy for vs from thence, that we may liue, and not die.

3 ¶ And Iosephs ten brethren went downe to buy corne in Egypt.

4 But Beniamin Iosephs brother, Iacob sent not with his brethren: for he said, Lest peraduenture mischiefe befall him.

5 And the sonnes of Israel came to buy corne among those that came: for the famine was in the land of Canaan.

6 And Ioseph was the gouernour ouer the land, and hee it was that sold to all the people of the land: and Iosephs brethren came, & bowed downe themselues before him, with their faces to the earth.

7 And Ioseph saw his brethren, and he knew them, but made himselfe strange vnto them, and spake roughly vnto them; and hee saide vnto them, Whence come ye? And they said, From the land of Canaan, to buy food.

8 And Ioseph knew his brethren, but they knew not him.

9 And Ioseph remembred the dreames which hee dreamed of them, and said vnto them, Ye are spies: to see the nakednes of the land you are come.

10 And they said vnto him, Nay, my lord, but to buy food are thy seruants come.

11 We are all one mans sonnes, we are true men: thy seruants are no spies.

12 And he said vnto them, Nay: but to see the nakednesse of the land, you are come.

13 And they said, Thy seruants are twelue brethren, the sonnes of one man in the land of Canaan: and behold, the yongest is this day with our father, and one is not.

14 And Ioseph said vnto them, That is it that I spake vnto you, saying, Ye are spies.

15 Hereby ye shall be proued: by the life of Pharaoh ye shall not goe foorth hence, except your yongest brother come hither.

16 Send one of you, and let him fetch your brother, and ye shalbe kept in prison, that your wordes may be proued, whether there be any trueth in you: or els by the life of Pharaoh surely ye are spies.

17 And he put them all together into warde, three dayes.

18 And Ioseph said vnto them the third day, This doe, and liue: for I feare God.

19 If ye be true men, let one of your brethren be bound in the house of your prison: goe ye, carry corne for the famine of your houses.

20 But bring your yongest brother vnto mee, so shall your wordes be verified, and yee shall not die: and they did so.

21 ¶ And they said one to another, We are verily guiltie concerning our brother, in that we saw the anguish of his soule, when he besought vs, and we would not heare: therefore is this distresse come vpon vs.

22 And Reuben answered them, saying, Spake I not vnto you, saying, Doe not sinne against the childe, and ye would not heare? therefore behold also, his blood is required.

23 And they knew not that Ioseph vnderstood them: for hee spake vnto them by an interpreter.

24 And hee turned himselfe about from them and wept, and returned to them againe, and communed with them, and tooke from them Simeon, and bound him before their eyes.

25 ¶ Then Ioseph commanded to fill their sackes with corne, and to restore euery mans money into his sacke, and to giue them prouision for the way: and thus did he vnto them.

26 And they laded their asses with the corne, and departed thence.

27 And as one of them opened his sacke, to giue his asse prouender in the Inne, he espied his money: for behold, it was in his sackes mouth.

28 And he said vnto his brethren, My money is restored, and loe, it is euen in my sacke: and their heart failed them, and they were afraid, saying one to an other, What is this that God hath done vnto vs?

29 ¶ And they came vnto Iacob their father, vnto the land of Canaan, and told him all that befell vnto them, saying;

30 The man who is the lord of the land, spake roughly to vs, and tooke vs for spies of the countrey.

31 And we said vnto him, We are true men; we are no spies.

32 We be twelue brethren, sonnes of our father: one is not, and the yongest is this day with our father, in the land of Canaan.

33 And the man the lord of the countrey said vnto vs, Hereby shall I know that ye are true men: leaue one of your brethren here with me, and take foode for the famine of your housholds, and be gone.

34 And bring your yongest brother vnto me: then shall I know that you are no spies, but that you are true men: so will I deliuer you your brother, and ye shall traffique in the land.

35 ¶ And it came to passe as they emptied their sacks, that behold, euery mans bundle of money was in his sacke: and when both they and their father saw the bundels of money, they were afraid.

36 And Iacob their father said vnto them, We haue ye bereaued of my children: Ioseph is not, and Simeon is not, and ye wil take Beniamin away: all these things are against me.

37 And Reuben spake vnto his father, saying; Slay my two sonnes, if I bring him not to thee: deliuer him into my hand, and I will bring him to thee againe.

38 And he said, My sonne shall not goe downe with you, for his brother is dead, and he is left alone: if mischiefe befall him by the way in the which yee goe, then shall ye bring downe my gray haires with sorrow to the graue.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:46 am
Genesis
Chapter 43

1 And the famine was sore in the land.

2 And it came to passe when they had eaten vp the corne, which they had brought out of Egypt, their father said vnto them, Goe againe, buy vs a little foode.

3 And Iudah spake vnto him, saying, The man did solemnly protest vnto vs, saying, Ye shall not see my face, except your brother be with you.

4 If thou wilt send our brother with vs, we will goe downe and buy thee food.

5 But if thou wilt not send him, we will not goe downe: for the man saide vnto vs, Ye shall not see my face, except your brother be with you.

6 And Israel said, Wherefore dealt ye so ill with me, as to tell the man whether ye had yet a brother?

7 And they said, The man asked vs straitly of our state, and of our kindred, saying, Is your father yet aliue? haue yee another brother? and we tolde him according to the tenour of these words: Could we certainely knowe that he would say, Bring your brother downe?

8 And Iudah said vnto Israel his father, Send the lad with me, and wee will arise and go, that we may liue, and not die, both we, and thou, and also our little ones.

9 I will be surety for him; of my hand shalt thou require him: if I bring him not vnto thee, and set him before thee, then let me beare the blame for euer.

10 For except we had lingred, surely now wee had returned this second time.

11 And their father Israel said vnto them, If it must bee so now, doe this: take of the best fruits in the land in your vessels, and carie downe the man a Present, a litle balme, and a litle honie, spices, and myrrhe, nuts, and almonds.

12 And take double money in your hand, and the money that was brought againe in the mouth of your sackes: carie it againe in your hand, peraduenture it was an ouersight.

13 Take also your brother, and arise, goe againe vnto the man.

14 And God Almightie giue you mercie before the man, that he may send away your other brother, and Beniamin: If I be bereaued of my children, I am bereaued.

15 ¶ And the men tooke that Present, and they tooke double money in their hand, and Beniamin, and rose vp, and went downe to Egypt, and stood before Ioseph.

16 And when Ioseph sawe Beniamin with them, hee said to the ruler of his house, Bring these men home, and slay, and make ready: for these men shall dine with me at noone.

17 And the man did as Ioseph hade: and the man brought the men into Iosephs house.

18 And the men were afraid, because they were brought into Iosephs house, and they said, Because of the money that was returned in our sackes at the first time are we brought in, that hee may seeke occasion against vs, and fall vpon vs, and take vs for bondmen, and our asses.

19 And they came neere to the steward of Iosephs house, and they communed with him at the doore of the house,

20 And said, O Sir, we came indeed downe at the first time to buy food.

21 And it came to passe when wee came to the Inne, that wee opened our sackes, and behold, euery mans money was in the mouth of his sacke, our money in ful weight: and we haue brought it againe in our hand.

22 And other money haue wee brought downe in our handes to buy food: we cannot tell who put our money in our sackes.

23 And he said, Peace be to you, feare not: your God, and the God of your father, hath giuen you treasure in your sackes: I had your money. And hee brought Simeon out vnto them.

24 And the man brought the men into Iosephs house, and gaue them water, and they washed their feete, and he gaue their asses prouender.

25 And they made ready the Present against Ioseph came at noone: for they heard that they should eate bread there.

26 ¶ And when Ioseph came home, they brought him the Present which was in their hand, into the house, and bowed themselues to him to the earth.

27 And he asked them of their welfare, and said, Is your father well, the old man of whom ye spake? Is he yet aliue?

28 And they answered, Thy seruant our father is in good health, hee is yet aliue: & they bowed downe their heads, and made obeisance.

29 And he lift vp his eyes, and sawe his brother Beniamin, his mothers sonne, and said, Is this your yonger brother, of whom yee spake vnto mee? and he said, God be gracious vnto thee, my sonne.

30 And Ioseph made haste: for his bowels did yerne vpon his brother: and he sought where to weepe, and hee entred into his chamber, & wept there.

31 And he washed his face, and went out, and refrained himselfe, and saide, Set on bread.

32 And they set on for him by himselfe, and for them by themselues, and for the Egyptians which did eate with him, by themselues: because the Egyptians might not eate bread with the Hebrewes: for that is an abomination vnto the Egyptians.

33 And they sate before him, the first borne according to his birthright, and the yongest according to his youth: and the men marueiled one at another.

34 And hee tooke and sent measses vnto them from before him: but Beniamins measse was fiue times so much as any of theirs: and they drunke, and were merry with him.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 22, 2016 1:29 am
Genesis
Chapter 44

1 And hee commaunded the steward of his house, saying, Fill the mens sackes with food, as much as they can carie, and put euery mans money in his sacks mouth.

2 And put my cup, the siluer cup, in the sackes mouth of the youngest, and his corne money: and he did according to the word that Ioseph had spoken.

3 Assoone as the morning was light, the men were sent away, they, and their asses.

4 And when they were gone out of the citie, and not yet farre off, Ioseph said vnto his steward, Up, follow after the men; and when thou doest ouertake them, say vnto them, Wherefore haue ye rewarded euill for good?

5 Is not this it, in which my lord drinketh? and whereby indeed he diuineth? ye haue done euill in so doing.

6 ¶ And he ouertooke them, and he spake vnto them these same words.

7 And they said vnto him, Wherefore saith my lord these words? God forbid that thy seruants should doe according to this thing.

8 Behold, the money which wee found in our sackes mouthes, wee brought againe vnto thee, out of the land of Canaan: how then should wee steale out of thy lords house, siluer or golde?

9 With whom soeuer of thy seruants it be found, both let him die, and we also will be my lords bondmen.

10 And he said, Now also let it be according vnto your wordes: hee with whom it is found, shall be my seruant: and ye shall be blamelesse.

11 Then they speedily tooke downe euery man his sacke to the ground, and opened euery man his sacke.

12 And he searched, and began at the eldest, and left at the yongest: and the cup was found in Beniamins sacke.

13 Then they rent their clothes, and laded euery man his asse, and returned to the citie.

14 ¶ And Iudah and his brethren came to Iosephs house: (for he was yet there) and they fell before him on the ground.

15 And Ioseph said vnto them, What deed is this that ye haue done? wote ye not, that such a man as I can certainely diuine?

16 And Iudah said, What shall wee say vnto my lord? what shal we speake? or how shall we cleare our selues? God hath found out the iniquitie of thy seruants: beholde, wee are my lords seruants, both we, and he also with whom the cup is found.

17 And he said, God forbid that I should doe so: but the man in whose hand the cup is found, he shal be my seruant; and as for you, get you vp in peace vnto your father.

18 ¶ Then Iudah came neere vnto him, and said, Oh my lord, let thy seruant, I pray thee, speake a word in my lords eares, & let not thine anger burne against thy seruant: for thou art euen as Pharaoh.

19 My lord asked his seruants, saying; Haue ye a father, or a brother?

20 And we said vnto my lord, Wee haue a father, an olde man, and a childe of his old age, a little one: and his brother is dead, and he alone is left of his mother, and his father loueth him.

21 And thou saidst vnto thy seruants, Bring him downe vnto mee, that I may set mine eyes vpon him.

22 And we said vnto my lord, The lad cannot leaue his father: for if hee should leaue his father, his father would die.

23 And thou saidst vnto thy seruants, Except your yongest brother come downe with you, you shall see my face no more.

24 And it came to passe when wee came vp vnto thy seruant my father, we told him the words of my lord.

25 And our father said, Goe againe, and buy vs a little food.

26 And we saide, Wee cannot goe downe: if our yongest brother be with vs, then will we goe downe: for wee may not see the mans face, except our yongest brother be with vs.

27 And thy seruant my father said vnto vs, Ye know that my wife bare me two sonnes.

28 And the one went out from me, and I said, Surely he is torne in pieces: and I saw him not since.

29 And if ye take this also from me, and mischiefe befall him, ye shall bring downe my gray haires with sorrow to the graue.

30 Now therefore when I come to thy seruant my father, and the lad bee not with vs; (seeing that his life is bound vp in the lads life.)

31 It shall come to passe, when he seeth that the lad is not with vs, that he will die, and thy seruants shall bring downe the gray haires of thy seruant our father with sorrow to the graue.

32 For thy seruant became surety for the lad vnto my father, saying, If I bring him not vnto thee, then I shall beare the blame to my father, for euer.

33 Now therefore, I pray thee, let thy seruant abide in stead of the lad, a bondman to my lord, and let the lad goe vp with his brethren.

34 For how shall I goe vp to my father, and the lad be not with mee, lest peraduenture I see the euill that shall come on my father?  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 23, 2016 9:42 am
Genesis
Chapter 45

1 Then Ioseph could not refraine himselfe before all them that stood by him: and he cried, Cause euery man to goe out from me; and there stood no man with him, while Ioseph made himselfe knowen vnto his brethren.

2 And he wept aloud: and the Egyptians, and the house of Pharaoh heard.

3 And Ioseph said vnto his brethren, I am Ioseph; Doeth my father yet liue? and his brethren could not answere him: for they were troubled at his presence.

4 And Ioseph said vnto his brethren, Come neere to me, I pray you: and they came neere; and he said, I am Ioseph your brother, whom ye sold into Egypt.

5 Now therefore bee not grieued, nor angry with your selues, that yee sold me hither: for God did send me before you, to preserue life.

6 For these two yeeres hath the famine bene in the land: and yet there are fiue yeeres, in the which there shall neither be earing nor haruest.

7 And God sent me before you, to preserue you a posteritie in the earth, and to saue your liues by a great deliuerance.

8 So now it was not you that sent me hither, but God: and he hath made me a father to Pharaoh, and lord of all his house, and a ruler throughout all the land of Egypt.

9 Haste you, and goe vp to my father, and say vnto him, Thus saith thy sonne Ioseph; God hath made me lord of all Egypt; come downe vnto me, tary not.

10 And thou shalt dwell in the land of Goshen, and thou shalt be neere vnto me, thou, and thy children, and thy childrens children, and thy flockes, and thy heards, and all that thou hast.

11 And there wil I nourish thee, (for yet there are fiue yeeres of famine) lest thou and thy houshold, and all that thou hast, come to pouertie.

12 And behold, your eyes see, and the eyes of my brother Beniamin, that it is my mouth that speaketh vnto you.

13 And you shall tell my father of all my glory in Egypt, and of all that you haue seene, and ye shall haste, and bring downe my father hither.

14 And he fel vpon his brother Beniamins necke, and wept: and Beniamin wept vpon his necke.

15 Moreouer hee kissed all his brethren, and wept vpon them: and after that, his brethren talked with him.

16 ¶ And the fame thereof was heard in Pharaohs house, saying, Iosephs brethren are come: and it pleased Pharaoh well, and his seruants.

17 And Pharaoh said vnto Ioseph, Say vnto thy brethren, This doe yee, lade your beasts and goe, get you vnto the land of Canaan.

18 And take your father, and your housholds, and come vnto mee: and I wil giue you the good of the land of Egypt, and ye shall eat the fat of the land.

19 Now thou art commanded, this doe yee; Take you wagons out of the land of Egypt for your little ones, and for your wiues, and bring your father, and come.

20 Also regard not your stuffe: for the good of all the land of Egypt is yours.

21 And the children of Israel did so: and Ioseph gaue them wagons, according to the commandement of Pharaoh, and gaue them prouision for the way.

22 To all of them he gaue each man changes of raiment: but to Beniamin hee gaue three hundred pieces of siluer, and fiue changes of raiment.

23 And to his father hee sent after this maner: ten asses laden with the good things of Egypt, and ten shee asses laden with corne, and bread and meat for his father by the way.

24 So he sent his brethren away, and they departed: and hee said vnto them, See that yee fall not out by the way.

25 ¶ And they went vp out of Egypt, and came into the land of Canaan vnto Iacob their father,

26 And told him, saying, Ioseph is yet aliue, and he is gouernour ouer all the land of Egypt. And Iacobs heart fainted, for he beleeued them not.

27 And they told him all the words of Ioseph, which hee had saide vnto them: and when hee saw the wagons which Ioseph had sent to carie him, the spirit of Iacob their father reuiued.

28 And Israel said, It is enough; Ioseph my sonne is yet aliue: I will goe and see him before I die.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff