Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 24, 2016 1:23 am
Genesis
Chapter 46
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And Israel tooke his iourney with all that hee had, and came to Beersheba, and offered sacrifices vnto the God of his father Isaac.

2 And God spake vnto Israel in the visions of the night, and said, Iacob, Iacob. And he said, Here am I.

3 And he said, I am God, the God of thy father, feare not to goe downe into Egypt: for I will there make of thee a great nation.

4 I will goe downe with thee into Egypt; and I will also surely bring thee vp againe: and Ioseph shall put his hand vpon thine eyes.

5 And Iacob rose vp from Beersheba: and the sonnes of Israel caried Iacob their father, and their litle ones, and their wiues, in the wagons which Pharaoh had sent to cary him.

6 And they tooke their cattell, and their goods which they had gotten in the land of Canaan, and came into Egypt, Iacob, and all his seed with him:

7 His sonnes, and his sonnes sonnes with him, his daughters, and his sonnes daughters, and all his seed brought he with him into Egypt.

8 ¶ And these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt, Iacob and his sonnes: Reuben Iacobs first borne;

9 And the sonnes of Reuben, Hanoch, and Phallu, and Hezron, and Carmi.

10 ¶ And the sonnes of Simeon: Iemuel, and Iamin, and Ohad, and Iachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the sonne of a Canaanitish woman.

11 ¶ And the sonnes of Leui: Gershon, Kohath, and Merari.

12 ¶ And the sonnes of Iudah: Er, and Onan, and Shelah, and Pharez, and Zerah: But Er & Onan died in the land of Canaan. And the sonnes of Pharez, were Hezron, and Hamul.

13 ¶ And the sonnes of Issachar: Tola, and Phuuah, and Iob, and Shimron.

14 ¶ And the sonnes of Zebulun: Sered, and Elon, and Iahleel.

15 These bee the sonnes of Leah, which she bare vnto Iacob in Padan-Aram, with his daughter Dinah: all the soules of his sonnes and his daughters, were thirtie and three.

16 ¶ And the sonnes of Gad: Ziphion, and Haggi, Shuni, and Ezbon, Eri, and Arodi, and Areli.

17 ¶ And the sonnes of Asher: Iimnah, and Ishuah, and Isui, and Beriah, and Serah their sister: And the sonnes of Beriah: *********, and Malchiel.

18 These are the sonnes of Zilpah, whome Laban gaue to Leah his daughter: and these she bare vnto Iacob, euen sixteene soules.

19 The sonnes of Rachel Iacobs wife: Ioseph, and Beniamin.

20 ¶ And vnto Ioseph in the lande of Egypt, were borne Manasseh and Ephraim, which Asenath the daughter of Poti-pherah Priest of On bare vnto him.

21 ¶ And the sonnes of Beniamin were Belah, and Becher, and Ashbel, Gera, and Naaman, Ehi and Rosh, Muppim, and Huppim, and Ard.

22 These are the sonnes of Rachel which were borne to Iacob: all the soules were fourteene.

23 ¶ And the sonnes of Dan: Hushim.

24 ¶ And the sonnes of Naphtali: Iahzeel, and Guni, and Iezer, and Shillem.

25 These are the sonnes of Bilhah, which Laban gaue vnto Rachel his daughter, and she bare these vnto Iacob: all the soules were seuen.

26 All the soules that came with Iacob into Egypt, which came out of his loines, besides Iacobs sonnes wiues, all the soules were threescore and sixe.

27 And the sonnes of Ioseph, which were borne him in Egypt, were two soules: all the soules of the house of Iacob, which came into Egypt, were threescore and ten.

28 ¶ And he sent Iudah before him vnto Ioseph, to direct his face vnto Goshen, and they came into the lande of Goshen.

29 And Ioseph made ready his charet, and went vp to meet Israel his father, to Goshen, and presented himselfe vnto him: and he fell on his necke, and wept on his necke a good while.

30 And Israel saide vnto Ioseph, Now let me die, since I haue seene thy face, because thou art yet aliue.

31 And Ioseph said vnto his brethren, and vnto his fathers house, I will goe vp, and shew Pharaoh, and say vnto him, My brethren, & my fathers house, which were in the land of Canaan, are come vnto me.

32 And the men are sheapheards, for their trade hath bene to feed cattell: and they haue brought their flocks, and their heards, and all that they haue.

33 And it shall come to passe when Pharaoh shall call you, and shall say, What is your occupation?

34 That ye shall say, Thy seruants trade hath bene about cattell, from our youth euen vntill now, both we, and also our fathers: that ye may dwell in the land of Goshen; for euery shepheard is an abomination vnto the Egyptians.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:17 am
Genesis
Chapter 47

1 Then Ioseph came and tolde Pharaoh, and saide, My father and my brethren, and their flockes, and their heards, and all that they haue, are come out of the land of Canaan: and behold, they are in the land of Goshen.

2 And hee tooke some of his brethren, euen fiue men, & presented them vnto Pharaoh.

3 And Pharaoh said vnto his brethren, What is your occupation? And they said vnto Pharaoh, Thy seruants are shepheards, both wee and also our fathers.

4 They said moreouer vnto Pharaoh, For to soiourne in the land are we come: for thy seruants haue no pasture for their flockes, for the famine is sore in the land of Canaan: now therefore we pray thee, let thy seruants dwel in the land of Goshen.

5 And Pharaoh spake vnto Ioseph, saying, Thy father and thy brethren are come vnto thee.

6 The land of Egypt is before thee: in the best of the land make thy father and brethren to dwell, in the lande of Goshen let them dwell: and if thou knowest any man of actiuitie amongst them, then make them rulers ouer my cattell.

7 And Ioseph brought in Iacob his father, and set him before Pharaoh: and Iacob blessed Pharaoh.

8 And Pharaoh said vnto Iacob, How old art thou?

9 And Iacob said vnto Pharaoh, The dayes of the yeeres of my pilgrimage are an hundred & thirtie yeres: few and euill haue the dayes of the yeeres of my life bene, and haue not attained vnto the dayes of the yeeres of the life of my fathers, in the dayes of their pilgrimage.

10 And Iacob blessed Pharaoh, and went out from before Pharaoh.

11 ¶ And Ioseph placed his father, and his brethren, and gaue them a possession in the land of Egypt, in the best of the land, in the land of Rameses, as Pharaoh had commanded.

12 And Ioseph nourished his father and his brethren, and all his fathers houshold with bread, according to their families.

13 ¶ And there was no bread in all the land: for the famine was very sore, so that the land of Egypt and all the land of Canaan fainted by reason of the famine.

14 And Ioseph gathered vp all the money that was found in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, for the corne which they bought: and Ioseph brought the money into Pharaohs house.

15 And when money failed in the land of Egypt, and in the land of Canaan, all the Egyptians came vnto Ioseph, and said, Giue vs bread: for why should we die in thy presence? for the money faileth.

16 And Ioseph said, Giue your cattell: and I will giue you for your catell, if money faile.

17 And they brought their cattel vnto Ioseph: and Ioseph gaue them bread in exchange for horses, and for the flockes, and for the cattell of the heards, and for the asses, and he fed them with bread, for all their cattel, for that yeere.

18 When that yeere was ended, they came vnto him the second yeere, and said vnto him, We will not hide it from my lord, how that our money is spent, my lord also had our heards of cattell: there is not ought left in the sight of my lord, but our bodies, and our lands.

19 Wherfore shall we die before thine eyes, both we, and our land? buy vs and our land for bread, and we and our land will be seruants vnto Pharaoh: and giue vs seede that we may liue and not die, that the land be not desolate.

20 And Ioseph bought all the land of Egypt for Pharaoh: for the Egyptians sold euery man his field, because the famine preuailed ouer them: so the land became Pharaohs.

21 And as for the people, he remoued them to cities from one end of the borders of Egypt, euen to the other ende thereof.

22 Onely the land of the Priests bought he not: for the priests had a portion assigned them of Pharaoh, and did eate their portion which Pharaoh gaue them: wherefore they solde not their lands.

23 Then Ioseph said vnto the people, Behold, I haue bought you this day, and your land for Pharaoh: Loe, here is seed for you, and ye shall sow the land.

24 And it shall come to passe in the increase, that you shall giue the fift part vnto Pharaoh, and foure parts shall be your owne, for seed of the field, and for your food, and for them of your households, and for food for your litle ones.

25 And they said, Thou hast saued our liues: let vs find grace in the sight of my lord, and we will be Pharaohs seruants.

26 And Ioseph made it a law ouer the land of Egypt vnto this day, that Pharaoh should haue the fift part: except the land of the priests onely, which became not Pharaohs.

27 ¶ And Israel dwelt in the land of Egypt in the countrey of Goshen, and they had possessions therein, and grew, and multiplied exceedingly.

28 And Iacob liued in the land of Egypt seuenteene yeres: so the whole age of Iacob was an hundred fourtie and seuen yeeres.

29 And the time drew nigh that Israel must die, and he called his sonne Ioseph, and said vnto him, If now I haue found grace in thy sight, put, I pray thee, thy hand vnder my thigh, and deale kindly and truely with mee, bury me not, I pray thee, in Egypt.

30 But I will lie with my fathers, and thou shalt carie mee out of Egypt, and bury me in their burying place: and he said, I will doe as thou hast said.

31 And he said, Sweare vnto mee: and he sware vnto him. And Israel bowed himselfe vpon the beds head.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2016 6:44 am
Genesis
Chapter 48

1 And it came to passe after these things, that one told Ioseph, Behold, thy father is sicke: and he tooke with him his two sonnes, Manasseh and Ephraim.

2 And one told Iacob, and said, Behold, thy sonne Ioseph commeth vnto thee: and Israel strengthened himselfe, and sate vpon the bed.

3 And Iacob saide vnto Ioseph, God Almightie appeared vnto mee at Luz in the land of Canaan, and blessed mee,

4 And said vnto me, Behold, I wil make thee fruitfull, and multiplie thee, and I will make of thee a multitude of people, and will giue this land to thy seede after thee, for an euerlasting possession.

5 ¶ And now thy two sonnes, Ephraim and Manasseh, which were borne vnto thee in the land of Egypt, before I came vnto thee into Egypt, are mine: as Reuben and Simeon, they shalbe mine.

6 And thy issue which thou begettest after them, shall be thine, and shall be called after the name of their brethren in their inheritance.

7 And as for me, when I came from Padan, Rachel died by me in the land of Canaan, in the way, when yet there was but a little way to come vnto Ephrath: and I buried her there in the way of Ephrath, the same is Bethlehem.

8 And Israel behelde Iosephs sonnes, and said, Who are these?

9 And Ioseph said vnto his father, They are my sonnes, whom God hath giuen me in this place: and he said, Bring them, I pray thee, vnto me, and I will blesse them.

10 (Now the eyes of Israel were dimme for age, so that he could not see,) and hee brought them neere vnto him, and he kissed them, and imbraced them.

11 And Israel said vnto Ioseph, I had not thought to see thy face: and loe, God hath shewed me also thy seed.

12 And Ioseph brought them out from betweene his knees, and hee bowed himselfe with his face to the earth.

13 And Ioseph tooke them both, Ephraim in his right hand, toward Israels left hand, and Manasseh in his left hand towards Israels right hand, and brought them neere vnto him.

14 And Israel stretched out his right hand, and layd it vpon Ephraims head who was the yonger; and his left hand vpon Manassehs head, guiding his hands wittingly: for Manasseh was the first borne.

15 ¶ And he blessed Ioseph and said, God before whom my fathers Abraham and Isaac did walke, the God which fedde mee all my life long vnto this day,

16 The Angel which redeemed mee from all euill, blesse the laddes, and let my name be named on them, and the name of my fathers Abraham and Isaac, and let them grow into a multitude in the midst of the earth.

17 And when Ioseph saw that his father laide his right hand vpon the head of Ephraim, it displeased him: and he held vp his fathers hand, to remoue it from Ephraims head, vnto Manassehs head.

18 And Ioseph saide vnto his father, Not so my father: for this is the first borne; put thy right hand vpon his head.

19 And his father refused, and said, I know it, my sonne, I know it: he also shall become a people, and he also shall be great: but truely his yonger brother shall be greater then he; and his seede shall become a multitude of nations.

20 And he blessed them that day, saying, In thee shall Israel blesse, saying, God make thee as Ephraim, and as Manasseh: and he set Ephraim before Manasseh.

21 And Israel saide vnto Ioseph, Behold, I die: but God shall be with you, and bring you againe vnto the land of your fathers.

22 Moreouer I haue giuen to thee one portion aboue thy brethren, which I tooke out of the hand of the Amorite with my sword, and with my bow.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2016 1:48 am
Genesis
Chapter 49

1 And Iacob called vnto his sonnes, and said, Gather your selues together, that I may tell you that which shall befall you in the last dayes.

2 Gather your selues together, and heare ye sonnes of Iacob, and hearken vnto Israel your father.

3 ¶ Reuben, thou art my first borne, my might, and the beginning of my strength, the excellencie of dignitie, and the excellencie of power:

4 Unstable as water, thou shalt not excell, because thou wentest vp to thy fathers bed: then defiledst thou it. He went vp to my couche.

5 ¶ Simeon and Leui are brethren, instruments of crueltie are in their habitations.

6 O my soule, come not thou into their secret: vnto their assembly mine honour be not thou vnited: for in their anger they slew a man, and in their selfe will they digged downe a wall.

7 Cursed be their anger, for it was fierce; and their wrath, for it was cruell: I will diuide them in Iacob, and scatter them in Israel.

8 ¶ Iudah, thou art he whom thy brethren shall praise: thy hand shall be in the necke of thine enemies, thy fathers children shall bow downe before thee.

9 Iudah is a Lyons whelpe: from the pray my sonne thou art gone vp: he stouped downe, hee couched as a Lyon, and as an old Lyon: who shall rouse him vp?

10 The scepter shall not depart from Iudah, nor a Law-giuer from betweene his feete, vntill Shiloh come: and vnto him shall the gathering of the people be:

11 Binding his foale vnto the vine, and his asses colt vnto the choice vine; he washed his garments in wine, and his clothes in the blood of grapes.

12 His eyes shall be red with wine, and his teeth white with milke.

13 ¶ Zebulun shall dwell at the hauen of the sea, and hee shall be for an Hauen of ships: and his border shall be vnto Zidon.

14 ¶ Issachar is a strong asse, couching downe betweene two burdens.

15 And he saw that rest was good, and the land that it was pleasant: and bowed his shoulder to beare, and became a seruant vnto tribute.

16 ¶ Dan shall iudge his people, as one of the tribes of Israel.

17 Dan shalbe a serpent by the way, an adder in the path, that biteth the horse heeles, so that his rider shall fall backward.

18 I haue waited for thy saluation, O LORD.

19 ¶ Gad, a troupe shall ouercome him: but he shall ouercome at the last.

20 ¶ Out of Asher his bread shall be fat, and he shall yeeld royall dainties.

21 ¶ Naphtali is a hinde let loose: He giueth goodly words.

22 ¶ Ioseph is a fruitfull bough, euen a fruitfull bough by a well, whose branches runne ouer the wall.

23 The archers haue sorely grieued him, and shot at him, and hated him.

24 But his bow abode in strength, and the armes of his hands were made strong, by the hands of the mighty God of Iacob: from thence is the Sheapheard, the stone of Israel,

25 Euen by the God of thy father who shall helpe thee, and by the Almightie, who shall blesse thee with blessings of heauen aboue, blessings of the deepe that lyeth vnder, blessings of the breasts and of the wombe.

26 The blessings of thy father haue preuailed aboue the blessings of my progenitors: vnto the vtmost bound of the euerlasting hils, they shall bee on the head of Ioseph, and on the crowne of the head of him that was separate from his brethren.

27 ¶ Beniamin shall rauine as a wolfe: In the morning hee shall deuoure the pray, and at night he shall diuide the spoile.

28 ¶ All these are the twelue tribes of Israel, and this is it that their father spake vnto them, and blessed them: euery one according to his blessing he blessed them.

29 And hee charged them and said vnto them, I am to bee gathered vnto my people: burie me with my fathers, in the caue that is in the field of Ephron the Hittite,

30 In the caue that is in the field of Machpelah, which is before Mamre, in the land of Canaan, which Abraham bought with the field of Ephron the Hittite, for a possession of a burying place.

31 (There they buried Abraham and Sarah his wife, there they buried Isaac and Rebekah his wife, and there I buried Leah.)

32 The purchase of the field and of the caue that is therein, was from the children of Heth.

33 And when Iacob had made an end of commanding his sonnes, he gathered vp his feete into the bed, and yeelded vp the ghost, and was gathered vnto his people.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 8:54 am
Genesis
Chapter 50
with archaic English spelling.

1 And Ioseph fell vpon his fathers face, and wept vpon him, and kissed him.

2 And Ioseph commanded his seruants the physicians to imbalme his father: and the physicians imbalmed Israel.

3 And fortie dayes were fulfilled for him, (for so are fulfilled the dayes of those which are imbalmed) and the Egyptians mourned for him threescore and ten dayes.

4 And when the dayes of his mourning were past, Ioseph spake vnto the house of Pharaoh, saying, If now I haue found grace in your eyes, speake, I pray you, in the eares of Pharaoh, saying,

5 My father made me sweare, saying, Loe, I die: in my graue which I haue digged for me, in the land of Canaan, there shalt thou bury me. Now therfore let me goe vp, I pray thee, and bury my father, and I will come againe.

6 And Pharaoh said, Goe vp, and bury thy father, according as he made thee sweare.

7 ¶ And Ioseph went vp to bury his father: and with him went vp all the seruants of Pharaoh, the elders of his house, and all the elders of the land of Egypt,

8 And all the house of Ioseph, and his brethren, and his fathers house: onely their litle ones, and their flockes, and their heards, they left in the land of Goshen.

9 And there went vp with him both charets and horsemen: and it was a very great company.

10 And they came to the threshing floore of Atad, which is beyond Iordan, and there they mourned with a great and very sore lamentation: and he made a mourning for his father seuen dayes.

11 And when the inhabitants of the land, the Canaanites sawe the mourning in the floore of Atad, they saide, This is a grieuous mourning to the Egyptians: wherfore the name of it was called, Abel Mizraim, which is beyond Iordan.

12 And his sonnes did vnto him according as he commanded them.

13 For his sonnes caried him into the land of Canaan, and buried him in the caue of the field of Machpelah, which Abraham bought with the field for a possession of a burying place, of Ephron the Hittite, before Mamre.

14 ¶ And Ioseph returned into Egypt, he and his brethren, and all that went vp with him, to bury his father, after he had buried his father.

15 ¶ And when Iosephs brethren saw that their father was dead, they said, Ioseph will peraduenture hate vs, and will certainely requite vs all the euill which we did vnto him.

16 And they sent a messenger vnto Ioseph, saying, Thy father did command before he died, saying,

17 So shall ye say vnto Ioseph, Forgiue, I pray thee now, the trespasse of thy brethren, and their sinne: for they did vnto thee euill: And now wee pray thee, forgiue the trespasse of the seruants of the God of thy father. And Ioseph wept, when they spake vnto him.

18 And his brethren also went and fell downe before his face, and they said, Behold, we be thy seruants.

19 And Ioseph saide vnto them, Feare not: for am I in the place of God?

20 But as for you, yee thought euill against me, but God meant it vnto good, to bring to passe, as it is this day, to saue much people aliue.

21 Now therefore feare yee not: I will nourish you, and your litle ones. And hee comforted them, and spake kindly vnto them.

22 ¶ And Ioseph dwelt in Egypt, he, and his fathers house: and Ioseph liued an hundred and ten yeeres.

23 And Ioseph sawe Ephraims children, of the third generation: the children also of Machir, the sonne of Manasseh were brought vp vpon Iosephs knees.

24 And Ioseph saide vnto his brethren, I die: and God will surely visit you, and bring you out of this land, vnto the land which hee sware to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Iacob.

25 And Ioseph tooke an othe of the children of Israel, saying, God will surely visite you, and ye shal carie vp my bones from hence.

26 So Ioseph died, being an hundred and ten yeeres old: and they imbalmed him, and he was put in a coffin, in Egypt.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2016 2:14 am
Exodus
Chapter 1
with archaic English spelling.

1 Nowe these are the names of the children of Israel, which came into Egypt, euery man & his household, came with Iacob.

2 Reuben, Simeon, Leui, and Iudah,

3 Issachar, Zebulun and Beniamin,

4 Dan, and Naphtali, Gad, and Asher.

5 And all the soules that came out of the loynes of Iacob, were seuentie soules: for Ioseph was in Egypt already.

6 And Ioseph died, and all his brethren, and all that generation.

7 ¶ And the children of Israel were fruitfull, and increased aboundantly, and multiplied, and waxed exceeding mighty, and the land was filled with them.

8 Now there arose vp a new King ouer Egypt, which knew not Ioseph.

9 And he said vnto his people, Behold, the people of the children of Israel are moe and mightier then we.

10 Come on, let vs deale wisely with them, lest they multiply, and it come to passe that when there falleth out any warre, they ioyne also vnto our enemies, and fight against vs, and so get them vp out of the land.

11 Therefore they did set ouer them task-masters, to afflict them with their burdens: And they built for Pharaoh treasure-cities, Pithom and Raamses.

12 But the more they afflicted them, the more they multiplied and grew: and they were grieued because of the children of Israel.

13 And the Egyptians made the children of Israel to serue with rigour.

14 And they made their liues bitter, with hard bondage, in morter and in bricke, and in all maner of seruice in the fielde: all their seruice wherein they made them serue, was with rigour.

15 ¶ And the King of Egypt spake to the Hebrew midwiues, (of which the name of one was Shiphrah, and the name of the other Puah.)

16 And he said, When ye do the office of a midwife to the Hebrew-women, and see them vpon the stooles, if it be a sonne, then ye shall kill him: but if it be a daughter, then shee shall liue.

17 But the midwiues feared God, and did not as the King of Egypt commanded them, but saued the men children aliue.

18 And the King of Egypt called for the midwiues, & said vnto them, Why haue ye done this thing, and haue saued the men children aliue?

19 And the midwiues said vnto Pharaoh, Because the Hebrew women are not as the Egyptian women: for they are liuely, and are deliuered ere the midwiues come in vnto them.

20 Therefore God dealt well with the midwiues: and the people multiplied and waxed very mighty.

21 And it came to passe, because the midwiues feared God, that hee made them houses.

22 And Pharaoh charged all his people, saying, Euery sonne that is borne, yee shall cast into the riuer, and euery daughter ye shall saue aliue.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:03 am
Exodus
Chapter 2

1 And there went a man of the house of Leui, & tooke to wife a daughter of Leui.

2 And the woman conceiued, and bare a sonne: and when shee saw him that hee was a goodly childe, shee hid him three moneths.

3 And when shee could not longer hide him, she tooke for him an arke of bul-rushes, and daubed it with slime, and with pitch, and put the childe therein, and shee layd it in the flags by the riuers brinke.

4 And his sister stood afarre off, to wit what would be done to him.

5 ¶ And the daughter of Pharaoh came downe to wash her selfe at the riuer, and her maydens walked along by the riuer side: and when shee saw the arke among the flags, she sent her maid to fetch it.

6 And when she had opened it, she saw the childe: and beholde, the babe wept. And she had compassion on him, and said, This is one of the Hebrewes children.

7 Then said his sister to Pharaohs daughter, Shall I goe, and call to thee a nurse of the Hebrew-women, that she may nurse the childe for thee?

8 And Pharaohs daughter said to her, Goe: And the mayd went and called the childs mother.

9 And Pharaohs daughter said vnto her, Take this child away, and nurse it for me, and I will giue thee thy wages. And the woman tooke the childe, and nursed it.

10 And the childe grew, and shee brought him vnto Pharaohs daughter, and he became her sonne. And she called his name Moses: And she said, Because I drew him out of the water.

11 ¶ And it came to passe in those dayes, when Moses was growen, that he went out vnto his brethren, and looked on their burdens, and he spied an Egyptian smiting an Hebrew, one of his brethren.

12 And he looked this way and that way, and when he saw that there was no man, he slew the Egyptian, and hid him in the sand.

13 And when he went out the second day, behold, two men of the Hebrewes stroue together: And hee said to him that did the wrong, Wherefore smitest thou thy fellow?

14 And he said, Who made thee a Prince and a iudge ouer vs? intendest thou to kill me, as thou killedst the Egyptian? And Moses feared, and said, Surely this thing is knowen.

15 Now when Pharaoh heard this thing, he sought to slay Moses. But Moses fled from the face of Pharaoh, and dwelt in the land of Midian: and he sate downe by a well.

16 Now the Priest of Midian had seuen daughters, and they came and drew water, and filled the troughes to water their fathers flocke.

17 And the shepheards came and droue them away: but Moses stood vp and helped them, & watred their flocke.

18 And when they came to Reuel their father, he said, How is it that you are come so soone to day?

19 And they said, An Egyptian deliuered vs out of the hand of the shepheards, and also drew water enough for vs, and watered the flocke.

20 And he said vnto his daughters, And where is he? why is it that yee haue left the man? Call him, that hee may eate bread.

21 And Moses was content to dwel with the man, and he gaue Moses Zipporah his daughter.

22 And she bare him a sonne, and he called his name Gershom: for he said, I haue bene a stranger in a strange land.

23 ¶ And it came to passe in processe of time, that the king of Egypt died, and the children of Israel sighed by reason of the bondage, and they cried, and their cry came vp vnto God, by reason of the bondage.

24 And God heard their groning, and God remembred his Couenant with Abraham, with Isaac, and with Iacob.

25 And God looked vpon the children of Israel, and God had respect vnto them.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:00 am
Exodus
Chapter 3

1 Nowe Moses kept the flocke of Iethro his father in law, the Priest of Midian: and hee led the flocke to the backeside of the desert, and came to the mountaine of God, euen to Horeb.

2 And the Angel of the Lord appeared vnto him, in a flame of fire out of the midst of a bush, and he looked, and behold, the bush burned with fire, and the bush was not consumed.

3 And Moses saide, I will nowe turne aside, and see this great sight, why the bush is not burnt.

4 And when the Lord sawe that he turned aside to see, God called vnto him out of the midst of the bush, and said, Moses, Moses. And he saide, Here am I.

5 And he said, Drawe not nigh hither: put off thy shooes from off thy feete, for the place whereon thou standest, is holy ground.

6 Moreouer hee said, I am the God of thy father, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Iacob. And Moses hid his face: for he was afraid to looke vpon God.

7 ¶ And the Lord said, I haue surely seene the affliction of my people which are in Egypt, and haue heard their crie, by reason of their taske-masters: for I know their sorrowes,

8 And I am come downe to deliuer them out of the hand of the Egyptians, and to bring them vp out of that land, vnto a good land and a large, vnto a lande flowing with milke and hony, vnto the place of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hiuites, and the Iebusites.

9 Now therefore behold, the crie of the children of Israel is come vnto me: and I haue also seene the oppression wherewith the Egyptians oppresse them.

10 Come now therefore, and I will send thee vnto Pharaoh, that thou mayest bring forth my people the children of Israel out of Egypt.

11 ¶ And Moses saide vnto God, Who am I, that I should goe vnto Pharaoh, and that I should bring forth the children of Israel out of Egypt?

12 And he said, Certainely I will be with thee, and this shall be a token vnto thee, that I haue sent thee: When thou hast brought foorth the people out of Egypt, ye shall serue God vpon this mountaine.

13 And Moses saide vnto God, Behold, when I come vnto the children of Israel, and shall say vnto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me vnto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say vnto them?

14 And God saide vnto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: And he said, Thus shalt thou say vnto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me vnto you.

15 And God said moreouer vnto Moses, Thus shalt thou say vnto the children of Israel; The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Iacob hath sent me vnto you: this is my name for euer, and this is my memoriall vnto all generations.

16 Goe and gather the Elders of Israel together, and say vnto them, The Lord God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, of Isaac, and of Iacob appeared vnto me, saying, I haue surely visited you, and seene that which is done to you in Egypt.

17 And I haue said, I will bring you vp out of the affliction of Egypt, vnto the land of the Canaanites, and the Hittites, and the Amorites, and the Perizzites, and the Hiuites, and the Iebusites, vnto a land flowing with milke and hony.

18 And they shall hearken to thy voyce: and thou shalt come, thou and the Elders of Israel vnto the King of Egypt, and you shall say vnto him, The Lord God of the Hebrewes hath met with vs: and now let vs goe, (wee beseech thee) three dayes iourney into the wildernes, that we may sacrifice to the Lord our God.

19 ¶ And I am sure that the King of Egypt will not let you goe, no not by a mightie hand.

20 And I will stretch out my hand, and smite Egypt with all my wonders which I will doe in the midst thereof: and after that he will let you goe.

21 And I will giue this people fauour in the sight of the Egyptians, and it shall come to passe that when ye goe, ye shall not goe empty:

22 But euery woman shal borrow of her neighbour, and of her that soiourneth in her house, iewels of siluer, and iewels of gold, and rayment: and ye shall put them vpon your sonnes and vpon your daughters, and yee shall spoile the Egyptians.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 1:55 am
Exodus
Chapter 4

1 And Moses answered, and said, But behold, they will not beleeue mee, nor hearken vnto my voice: for they will say, The Lord hath not appeared vnto thee.

2 And the Lord said vnto him, What is that in thine hand? and hee said, A rod.

3 And he said, Cast it on the ground: And he cast it on the ground, and it became a serpent: and Moses fled from before it.

4 And the Lord said vnto Moses, Put forth thine hand, and take it by the taile: And he put foorth his hand, and caught it, and it became a rod in his hand:

5 That they may beleeue that the Lord God of their fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Iacob hath appeared vnto thee.

6 ¶ And the Lord said furthermore vnto him, Put now thine hand into thy bosome. And he put his hand into his bosome: and when hee tooke it out, behold, his hand was leprous as snowe.

7 And he said, Put thine hand into thy bosome againe. And hee put his hand into his bosome againe, and plucked it out of his bosome, and behold, it was turned againe as his other flesh.

8 And it shall come to passe, if they wil not beleeue thee, neither hearken to the voice of the first signe, that they will beleeue the voice of the latter signe.

9 And it shall come to passe, if they will not beleeue also these two signes, neither hearken vnto thy voice, that thou shalt take of the water of the riuer, and powre it vpon the drie land: and the water which thou takest out of the riuer, shall become blood vpon the drie land.

10 ¶ And Moses saide vnto the Lord, O my lord, I am not eloquent, neither heretofore, nor since thou hast spoken vnto thy seruant: but I am slow of speach, and of a slow tongue.

11 And the Lord said vnto him, Who hath made mans mouth? or who maketh the dumbe or deafe, or the seeing, or þe blind? haue not I the Lord?

12 Now therefore goe, and I will be with thy mouth, and teach thee what thou shalt say.

13 And he said, O my Lord, send, I pray thee, by the hand of him whom thou wilt send.

14 And the anger of the Lord was kindled against Moses, and hee said, Is not Aaron the Leuite thy brother? I know that he can speake well. And also behold, he commeth foorth to meet thee: and when he seeth thee, hee will be glad in his heart.

15 And thou shalt speake vnto him, and put words in his mouth, and I wil be with thy mouth, & with his mouth, and will teach you what ye shall doe.

16 And he shal be thy spokesman vnto the people: and he shall be, euen hee shall be to thee in stead of a mouth, and thou shalt be to him in stead of God.

17 And thou shalt take this rod in thine hand, wherewith thou shalt doe signes.

18 ¶ And Moses went and returned to Iethro his father in law, and said vnto him, Let me goe, I pray thee, and returne vnto my brethren, which are in Egypt, and see whether they bee yet aliue. And Iethro said to Moses, Goe in peace.

19 And the Lord said vnto Moses in Midian, Goe, returne into Egypt: for all the men are dead which sought thy life.

20 And Moses tooke his wife, and his sonnes, and set them vpon an asse, and he returned to the land of Egypt. And Moses tooke the rod of God in his hand.

21 And the Lord said vnto Moses, When thou goest to returne into Egypt, see that thou doe all those wonders before Pharaoh, which I haue put in thine hand: but I wil harden his heart, that hee shall not let the people goe.

22 And thou shalt say vnto Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord, Israel is my sonne, euen my first borne.

23 And I say vnto thee, let my sonne goe, that he may serue mee: and if thou refuse to let him goe, behold, I will slay thy sonne, euen thy first borne.

24 ¶ And it came to passe by the way in the Inne, that the Lord met him, and sought to kill him.

25 Then Zipporah tooke a sharpe stone, and cut off the foreskinne of her sonne, and cast it at his feete, and said, Surely a bloody husband art thou to mee.

26 So he let him goe: then she said, A bloody husband thou art, because of the Circumcision.

27 ¶ And the Lord said to Aaron, Goe into the wildernesse to meete Moses. And hee went and met him in the mount of God, and kissed him.

28 And Moses tolde Aaron all the wordes of the Lord, who had sent him, and all the signes which hee had commanded him.

29 ¶ And Moses and Aaron went, and gathered together all the elders of the children of Israel.

30 And Aaron spake all the wordes which the Lord had spoken vnto Moses, and did the signes in the sight of the people.

31 And the people beleeued: And when they heard that the Lord had visited the children of Israel, and that he had looked vpon their affliction, then they bowed their heads and worshipped.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:35 am
Exodus
Chapter 5

1 And afterward Moses and Aaron went in, and tolde Pharaoh, Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, Let my people goe, that they may holde a feast vnto mee in the wildernesse.

2 And Pharaoh said, Who is the Lord, that I should obey his voyce to let Israel goe? I know not the Lord, neither will I let Israel goe.

3 And they said, The God of the Hebrewes hath met with vs: let vs goe, we pray thee, three dayes iourney into the desert, and sacrifice vnto the Lord our God, lest hee fall vpon vs with pestilence, or with the sword.

4 And the King of Egypt said vnto them, Wherfore doe ye, Moses and Aaron, let the people from their workes? get you vnto your burdens.

5 And Pharaoh said, Behold, the people of the land now are many, & you make them rest from their burdens.

6 And Pharaoh commanded the same day the taske-masters of the people, and their officers, saying;

7 Yee shall no more giue the people straw to make bricke, as heretofore: let them goe and gather straw for themselues.

8 And the tale of the brickes which they did make heretofore, you shall lay vpon them: you shall not diminish ought thereof: for they be idle; therefore they cry, saying, Let us goe and sacrifice to our God.

9 Let there more worke be layde vpon the men, that they may labour therein, and let them not regard vaine wordes.

10 ¶ And the taske-masters of the people went out, and their officers, and they spake to the people, saying, Thus saith Pharaoh, I will not giue you straw.

11 Goe ye, get you straw where you can find it: yet not ought of your worke shall be diminished.

12 So the people were scattered abroad throughout al the land of Egypt, to gather stubble in stead of straw.

13 And the taske-masters hasted them, saying; Fulfill your workes, your dayly taskes, as when there was straw.

14 And the officers of the children of Israel, which Pharaohs task-masters had set ouer them, were beaten, and demanded, Wherefore haue ye not fulfilled your taske, in making bricke, both yesterday and to day, as heretofore?

15 ¶ Then the officers of the children of Israel came and cryed vnto Pharaoh, saying, Wherefore dealest thou thus with thy seruants?

16 There is no straw giuen vnto thy seruants, and they say to vs, Make bricke: and beholde, thy seruants are beaten; but the fault is in thine owne people.

17 But he said, Ye are idle, ye are idle: therefore ye say, Let vs goe and doe sacrifice to the Lord.

18 Goe therefore now and worke: for there shall no straw bee giuen you, yet shall ye deliuer the tale of brickes.

19 And the officers of the children of Israel did see that they were in euill case, after it was said, Yee shall not minish ought from your brickes of your dayly taske.

20 ¶ And they met Moses and Aaron, who stood in the way, as they came foorth from Pharaoh.

21 And they said vnto them; The Lord looke vpon you, and iudge, because you haue made our sauour to be abhorred in the eyes of Pharaoh, and in the eyes of his seruants, to put a sword in their hand to slay vs.

22 And Moses returned vnto the Lord, and said, Lord, Wherefore hast thou so euill intreated this people? Why is it that thou hast sent me?

23 For since I came to Pharaoh to speake in thy Name, he hath done euill to this people, neither hast thou deliuered thy people at all.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 12:37 am
Exodus
Chapter 6

1 Then the Lord said vnto Moses, Now shalt thou see what I will doe to Pharaoh: for with a strong hand shall hee let them goe, and with a strong hand shall he driue them out of his land.

2 And God spake vnto Moses, and said vnto him, I am the Lord.

3 And I appeared vnto Abraham, vnto Isaac, and vnto Iacob, by the Name of God Almighty, but by my name IEHOVAH was I not knowen to them.

4 And I haue also established my Couenant with them, to giue them the land of Canaan, the land of their pilgrimage, wherein they were strangers.

5 And I haue also heard the groning of the children of Israel, whom the Egyptians keepe in bondage: and I haue remembred my Couenant.

6 Wherefore say vnto the children of Israel, I am the Lord, and I will bring you out from vnder the burdens of the Egyptians, and I will rid you out of their bondage: and I will redeeme you with a stretched out arme, and with great iudgements.

7 And I will take you to mee for a people, and I will be to you a God: and ye shall know that I am the Lord your God, which bringeth you out from vnder the burdens of the Egyptians.

8 And I will bring you in vnto the lande concerning the which I did sweare to giue it, to Abraham, to Isaac, and to Iacob, and I will giue it you for an heritage, I am the Lord.

9 ¶ And Moses spake so vnto the children of Israel: but they hearkened not vnto Moses, for anguish of spirit, and for cruell bondage.

10 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying,

11 Goe in, speake vnto Pharaoh King of Egypt, that he let the children of Israel goe out of his land.

12 And Moses spake before the Lord, saying, Behold, the children of Israel haue not hearkened vnto me: how then shal Pharaoh heare me, who am of vncircumcised lips?

13 And the Lord spake vnto Moses and vnto Aaron, & gaue them a charge vnto the children of Israel, and vnto Pharaoh King of Egypt, to bring the children of Israel out of the land of Egypt.

14 ¶ These be the heads of their fathers houses: The sonnes of Reuben the first borne of Israel, Hanoch, and Pallu, Hezron, and Carmi: these be the families of Reuben.

15 And the sonnes of Simeon: Iemuel, and Iamin, and Ohad and Iachin, and Zohar, and Shaul the sonne of a Canaanitish woman: these are the families of Simeon.

16 ¶ And these are the names of the sonnes of Leui, according to their generations: Gershon and Kohath and Merari: and the yeeres of the life of Leui, were an hundred, thirtie and seuen yeeres.

17 The sonnes of Gershon: Libni and Shimi, according to their families.

18 And the sonnes of Kohath: Amram, and Izhar, and Hebron, and Uzziel. And the yeeres of the life of Kohath, were an hundred thirtie and three yeeres.

19 And the sonnes of Merari: Mahali and Mushi: these are the families of Leui, according to their generations.

20 And Amram tooke him Iochebed his fathers sister to wife, and shee bare him Aaron and Moses: and the yeeres of the life of Amram were an hundred, and thirtie and seuen yeeres.

21 ¶ And the sonnes of Izhar: Korah and Nepheg, and Zichri.

22 And the sonnes of Uzziel: Mishael, and Elzaphan, and Zithri.

23 And Aaron tooke him Elisheba daughter of Amminadab sister of Naashon to wife, and she bare him Nadab and Abihu, Eleazar and Ithamar.

24 And the sonnes of Korah, Assir, and Elkanah, and Abiasaph: these are the families of the Korhites.

25 And Eleazar Aarons sonne tooke him one of the daughters of Putiel to wife, and she bare him Phinehas: these are the heads of the fathers of the Leuites, according to their families.

26 These are that Aaron and Moses, to whom the Lord said, Bring out the children of Israel from the land of Egypt, according to their armies.

27 These are they which spake to Pharaoh king of Egypt, to bring out the children of Israel from Egypt: These are that Moses and Aaron.

28 ¶ And it came to passe on the day when the Lord spake vnto Moses in the land of Egypt,

29 That the Lord spake vnto Moses, saying, I am the Lord: speake thou vnto Pharaoh king of Egypt, all that I say vnto thee.

30 And Moses said before the Lord, Behold, I am of vncircumcised lips, and how shall Pharaoh hearken vnto mee?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:49 am
Exodus
Chapter 7

1 And the Lord said vnto Moses, See, I haue made thee a god to Pharaoh, and Aaron thy brother shalbe thy prophet.

2 Thou shalt speake all that I command thee, and Aaron thy brother shall speake vnto Pharaoh, that he send the children of Israel out of his land.

3 And I will harden Pharaohs heart, and multiplie my signes and my wonders in the land of Egypt.

4 But Pharaoh shall not hearken vnto you, that I may lay my hand vpon Egypt, and bring forth mine armies, and my people the children of Israel, out of the land of Egypt, by great iudgments.

5 And the Egyptians shall knowe that I am the Lord, when I stretch forth mine hand vpon Egypt, and bring out the children of Israel from among them.

6 And Moses and Aaron did as the Lord commanded them, so did they.

7 And Moses was fourescore yeres olde, and Aaron fourescore and three yeeres old, when they spake vnto Pharaoh.

8 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, and vnto Aaron, saying:

9 When Pharaoh shall speake vnto you, saying, Shew a miracle for you: then thou shalt say vnto Aaron, Take thy rod and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall become a serpent.

10 ¶ And Moses and Aaron went in vnto Pharaoh, and they did so as the Lord had commanded: and Aaron cast downe his rod before Pharaoh, and before his seruants, and it became a serpent.

11 Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers; now the Magicians of Egypt, they also did in like maner with their enchantments.

12 For they cast downe euery man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aarons rod swallowed vp their rods.

13 And hee hardened Pharaohs heart, that hee hearkened not vnto them, as the Lord had said.

14 ¶ And the Lord saide vnto Moses, Pharaohs heart is hardened: he refuseth to let the people goe.

15 Get thee vnto Pharaoh in the morning, loe, he goeth out vnto the water, and thou shalt stand by the riuers brinke, against hee come: and the rod which was turned to a serpent, shalt thou take in thine hand.

16 And thou shalt say vnto him, The Lord God of the Hebrewes hath sent me vnto thee, saying; Let my people goe, that they may serue mee in the wildernesse: and beholde, hitherto thou wouldest not heare.

17 Thus saith the Lord, In this thou shalt know that I am the Lord: behold, I will smite with the rod that is in my hand, vpon the waters which are in the riuer, and they shalbe turned to blood.

18 And the fish that is in the riuer shall die, and the riuer shall stincke, and the Egyptians shall loathe to drinke of the water of the riuer.

19 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses, Say vnto Aaron, Take thy rod, & stretch out thine hand vpon the waters of Egypt, vpon their streames, vpon their riuers, and vpon their ponds, and vpon all their pooles of water, that they may become blood, and that there may be blood throughout all the land of Egypt, both in vessels of wood, and in vessels of stone.

20 And Moses and Aaron did so, as the Lord commanded: and he lift vp the rod and smote the waters that were in the riuer, in the sight of Pharaoh, and in the sight of his seruants: and all the waters that were in the riuer, were turned to blood.

21 And the fish that was in the riuer died: and the riuer stunke, and the Egyptians could not drinke of the water of the riuer: and there was blood throughout all the land Egypt.

22 And the Magicians of Egypt did so, with their enchantments: and Pharaohs heart was hardened, neither did he hearken vnto them, as the Lord had said.

23 And Pharaoh turned and went into his house, neither did hee set his heart to this also.

24 And all the Egyptians digged round about the riuer for water to drinke: for they could not drinke of the water of the riuer.

25 And seuen dayes were fulfilled after that the Lord had smitten the riuer.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2016 12:51 am
Exodus
Chapter 8

1 And the Lord spake vnto Moses, Goe vnto Pharaoh, and say vnto him; Thus sayeth the Lord, Let my people goe, that they may serue me.

2 And if thou refuse to let them goe, beholde, I will smite all thy borders with frogges.

3 And the riuer shall bring foorth frogges abundantly, which shall goe vp and come into thine house, and into thy bed-chamber, and vpon thy bed, and into the house of thy seruants, and vpon thy people, and into thine ouens, and into thy kneading troughes.

4 And the frogges shall come vp both on thee, and vpon thy people, and vpon all thy seruants.

5 ¶ And the Lord spake vnto Moses; Say vnto Aaron, Stretch foorth thine hand with thy rodde ouer the streames, ouer the riuers, and ouer the ponds, and cause frogges to come vp vpon the land of Egypt.

6 And Aaron stretched out his hand ouer the waters of Egypt, and the frogges came vp, and couered the land of Egypt.

7 And the Magicians did so with their inchantments, and brought vp frogges vpon the land of Egypt.

8 ¶ Then Pharaoh called for Moses, and Aaron, and said, Intreat the Lord, that hee may take away the frogges from me, and from my people: and I will let the people goe, that they may doe sacrifice vnto the Lord.

9 And Moses saide vnto Pharaoh, Glory ouer mee: when shall I entreat for thee, and for thy seruants, and for thy people, to destroy the frogges from thee, and thy houses, that they may remaine in the riuer onely?

10 And he said, To morrow. And hee said, Bee it according to thy word: That thou mayest know that there is none like vnto the Lord our God.

11 And the frogs shall depart from thee, and from thy houses, and from thy seruants, and from thy people; they shall remaine in the riuer onely.

12 And Moses and Aaron went out from Pharaoh, and Moses cried vnto the Lord because of the frogs which he had brought against Pharaoh.

13 And the Lord did according to the word of Moses: and the frogges died out of the houses, out of the villages, and out of the fields.

14 And they gathered them together vpon heapes, and the land stanke.

15 But when Pharaoh saw that there was respit, he hardned his heart, and hearkened not vnto them, as the Lord had said.

16 ¶ And the Lord saide vnto Moses, Say vnto Aaron, Stretch out thy rod, and smite the dust of the land, that it may become lice, thorowout all the land of Egypt.

17 And they did so: for Aaron stretched out his hand with his rod, and smote the dust of the earth, and it became lice, in man and in beast: all the dust of the land became lice throughout all the land of Egypt.

18 And the Magicians did so with their enchantments to bring foorth lice, but they could not: so there were lice vpon man and vpon beast.

19 Then the Magicians said vnto Pharaoh; This is the singer of God. And Pharaohs heart was hardned, and he hearkened not vnto them, as the Lord had said.

20 ¶ And the Lord saide vnto Moses, Rise vp early in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh: loe, he commeth foorth to the water, and say vnto him; Thus saith the Lord, Let my people goe, that they may serue me.

21 Els, if thou wilt not let my people goe, beholde, I will send swarmes of flies vpon thee, and vpon thy seruants, and vpon thy people, and into thy houses: and the houses of the Egyptians shall bee full of swarmes of flies, and also the ground whereon they are.

22 And I will seuer in that day the lande of Goshen in which my people dwell, that no swarmes of flies shall be there, to the end thou maiest know that I am the Lord in the midst of the earth.

23 And I will put a diuision betweene my people and thy people: to morrow shall this signe be.

24 And the Lord did so: and there came a grieuous swarme of flies into the house of Pharaoh, and into his seruants houses, and into all the lande of Egypt: the land was corrupted by reason of the swarme of flies.

25 ¶ And Pharaoh called for Moses and for Aaron, and said, Goe yee, sacrifice to your God in the land.

26 And Moses said, It is not meete so to doe; for we shal sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians, to the Lord our God: Loe, shall we sacrifice the abomination of the Egyptians before their eyes, and will they not stone vs?

27 We will goe three dayes iourney into the wildernesse, and sacrifice to the Lord our God, as he shall command vs.

28 And Pharaoh said, I wil let you goe that ye may sacrifice to the Lord your God, in the wildernes: onely you shall not goe very farre away: intreate for me.

29 And Moses said, Behold, I goe out from thee, and I will intreate the Lord that the swarmes of flies may depart from Pharaoh, from his seruants, and from his people to morrow: but let not Pharaoh deale deceitfully any more, in not letting the people goe to sacrifice to the Lord.

30 And Moses went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the Lord:

31 And the Lord did according to the word of Moses: and he remooued the swarmes of flies from Pharaoh, from his seruants, and from his people: there remained not one.

32 And Pharaoh hardened his heart at this time also, neither would hee let the people goe.  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:33 am
Exodus
Chapter 9

1 Then the Lord said vnto Moses, Goe in vnto Pharaoh, and tell him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrewes, Let my people goe, that they may serue me.

2 For if thou refuse to let them goe, and wilt hold them still,

3 Behold, the hand of the Lord is vpon thy cattell which is in the field, vpon the horses, vpon the asses, vpon the camels, vpon the oxen, and vpon the sheepe: there shall be a very grieuous murraine.

4 And the Lord shall seuer betweene the cattell of Israel, and the cattell of Egypt, and there shall nothing die of all that is the childrens of Israel.

5 And the Lord appointed a set time, saying, To morrow the Lord shall doe this thing in the land.

6 And the Lord did that thing on the morrow; and all the cattell of Egypt died, but of the cattell of the children of Israel died not one.

7 And Pharaoh sent, and beholde, there was not one of the cattell of the Israelites dead. And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, and he did not let the people goe.

8 ¶ And the Lord saide vnto Moses, and vnto Aaron, Take to you handfuls of ashes of the fornace, and let Moses sprinkle it towards the heauen, in the sight of Pharaoh:

9 And it shall become small dust in all the land of Egypt, and shall bee a boyle breaking forth with blaines, vpon man and vpon beast, throughout all the land of Egypt.

10 And they tooke ashes of the fornace, and stood before Pharaoh, and Moses sprinkled it vp toward heauen: and it became a boile breaking forth with blaines, vpon man and vpon beast.

11 And the Magicians could not stand before Moses, because of the boiles: for the boile was vpon the magicians, and vpon all the Egyptians.

12 And the Lord hardened the heart of Pharaoh, and hee hearkened not vnto them, as the Lord had spoken vnto Moses.

13 ¶ And the Lord saide vnto Moses, Rise vp earely in the morning, and stand before Pharaoh, and say vnto him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrewes, Let my people goe, that they may serue me.

14 For I will at this time send all my plagues vpon thine heart, and vpon thy seruants, and vpon thy people: that thou mayest knowe that there is none like me in all the earth.

15 For now I will stretch out my hand, that I may smite thee and thy people, with pestilence, and thou shalt be cut off from the earth.

16 And in very deede, for this cause haue I raised thee vp, for to shewe in thee my power, and that my name may be declared throughout all the earth.

17 As yet exaltest thou thy selfe against my people, that thou wilt not let them goe?

18 Behold, to morrow about this time, I wil cause it to raine a very grieuous haile, such as hath not bene in Egypt, since the foundation thereof euen vntill now.

19 Send therefore now, and gather thy cattell, and all that thou hast in the field: for vpon euery man and beast which shal be found in the field, and shal not bee brought home, the haile shall come downe vpon them, and they shall die.

20 Hee that feared the word of the Lord amongst the seruants of Pharaoh, made his seruants and his cattell flee into the houses.

21 And he that regarded not the word of the Lord, left his seruants and his cattell in the field.

22 ¶ And the Lord saide vnto Moses, Stretch forth thine hand toward heauen, that there may be haile in all the land of Egypt, vpon man and vpon beast, and vpon euery herbe of the field, thorowout the land of Egypt.

23 And Moses stretched foorth his rod toward heauen, and the Lord sent thunder and haile, and the fire ranne along vpon the ground, and the Lord rained haile vpon the land of Egypt.

24 So there was haile, and fire mingled with the haile, very grieuous, such as there was none like it in all the land of Egypt, since it became a nation.

25 And the haile smote throughout all the land of Egypt, all that was in the field, both man and beast: and the haile smote euery herbe of the fielde, and brake euery tree of the field.

26 Onely in the land of Goshen where the children of Israel were, was there no haile.

27 ¶ And Pharaoh sent, and called for Moses and Aaron, and said vnto them, I haue sinned this time: the Lord is righteous, and I and my people are wicked.

28 Entreat the Lord, (for it is enough) that there be no more mighty thunderings and haile, and I will let you goe, and ye shall stay no longer.

29 And Moses saide vnto him, Assoone as I am gone out of the citie, I will spread abroad my hands vnto the Lord, and the thunder shall cease, neither shall there be any more haile: that thou mayest know how that the earth is the Lords.

30 But as for thee and thy seruants, I know that ye will not yet feare the Lord God.

31 And the flaxe, and the barley was smitten: for the barley was in the eare, and the flaxe was bolled:

32 But the wheat and the rye were not smitten: for they were not growen vp.

33 And Moses went out of the city from Pharaoh, and spread abroad his hands vnto the Lord: and the thunders and haile ceased, and the raine was not powred vpon the earth.

34 And when Pharaoh saw that the raine, and the haile and the thunders were ceased, hee sinned yet more, and hardened his heart, he and his seruants.

35 And the heart of Pharaoh was hardened, neither would he let the children of Israel goe, as the Lord had spoken by Moses.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 1:28 am
Exodus
Chapter 10

1 And the Lord said vnto Moses, Goe in vnto Pharaoh: for I haue hardned his heart, and the heart of his seruants, that I might shew these my signes before him:

2 And that thou mayest tell in the eares of thy sonne, and of thy sonnes sonne, what things I haue wrought in Egypt, and my signes which I haue done amongst them, that ye may know how that I am the Lord.

3 And Moses and Aaron came in vnto Pharaoh, and saide vnto him, Thus saith the Lord God of the Hebrewes, How long wilt thou refuse to humble thy selfe before mee? Let my people goe, that they may serue me.

4 Els, if thou refuse to let my people goe, behold, to morrow will I bring the locusts into thy coast.

5 And they shall couer the face of the earth, that one cannot be able to see the earth, and they shall eate the residue of that which is escaped, which remaineth vnto you from the haile, and shall eate euery tree, which groweth for you out of the field.

6 And they shall fill thy houses, and the houses of all thy seruants, and the houses of all the Egyptians, which neither thy fathers, nor thy fathers fathers haue seene, since the day that they were vpon the earth, vnto this day. And he turned himselfe, and went out from Pharaoh.

7 And Pharaohs seruants said vnto him, How long shall this man be a snare vnto vs? Let the men goe, that they may serue the Lord their God: Knowest thou not yet, that Egypt is destroyed?

8 And Moses and Aaron were brought againe vnto Pharaoh: and he said vnto them, Goe, serue the Lord your God: but who are they that shall goe?

9 And Moses said, We wil goe with our yong, and with our old, with our sonnes and with our daughters, with our flockes and with our heards will we goe: for we must hold a feast vnto the Lord.

10 And he said vnto them; Let the Lord bee so with you, as I will let you goe, and your litle ones. Looke to it, for euill is before you.

11 Not so: goe now yee that are men, and serue the Lord, for that you did desire: and they were driuen out from Pharaohs presence.

12 ¶ And the Lord said vnto Moses, Stretch out thine hand ouer the land of Egypt for the locusts, that they may come vp vpon the land of Egypt, and eate euery herbe of the land, euen all that the haile hath left.

13 And Moses stretched forth his rod ouer the land of Egypt, and the Lord brought an East wind vpon the land all that day, and all that night: and when it was morning, the East wind brought the locusts.

14 And the locusts went vp ouer all the land of Egypt, and rested in all the coasts of Egypt: very grieuous were they: before them there were no such locusts as they, neither after them shall be such.

15 For they couered the face of the whole earth, so that the land was darkned, and they did eate euery herbe of the land, and all the fruit of the trees, which the haile had left, and there remained not any greene thing in the trees, or in the herbes of the field, through all the land of Egypt.

16 ¶ Then Pharaoh called for Moses and Aaron in haste: and he said, I haue sinned against the Lord your God, and against you.

17 Now therefore forgiue, I pray thee, my sinne onely this once, and intreat the Lord your God, that hee may take away from mee this death onely.

18 And he went out from Pharaoh, and intreated the Lord.

19 And the Lord turned a mighty strong West wind, which tooke away the locusts, and cast them into the red sea: there remained not one locust in all the coasts of Egypt.

20 But the Lord hardened Pharaohs heart, so that hee would not let the children of Israel goe.

21 ¶ And the Lord said vnto Moses, Stretch out thine hand toward heauen, that there may be darkenesse ouer the land of Egypt, euen darkenes which may be felt.

22 And Moses stretched foorth his hand toward heauen: and there was a thicke darkenesse in all the land of Egypt three dayes.

23 They saw not one another, neither rose any from his place for three dayes: but all the children of Israel had light in their dwellings.

24 ¶ And Pharaoh called vnto Moses, and said, Goe ye, serue the Lord: onely let your flockes and your herds be stayed: let your litle ones also goe
with you.

25 And Moses saide, Thou must giue vs also sacrifices, and burnt offerings, that we may sacrifice vnto the Lord our God.

26 Our cattell also shall goe with vs: there shall not an hoofe bee left behind: for thereof must we take to serue the Lord our God: and we knowe not with what wee must serue the Lord, vntill we come thither.

27 ¶ But the Lord hardened Pharaohs heart, and he would not let them goe.

28 And Pharaoh said vnto him, Get thee from me, take heed to thy selfe: see my face no more: for in that day thou seest my face, thou shalt die.

29 And Moses said, Thou hast spoken well, I will see thy face againe no more.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff