Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 19, 2018 12:04 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 39
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Therefore thou sonne of man, prophecie against Gog, and say, Thus saith the Lord God; Behold, I am against thee O Gog, the chiefe prince of Meshech & Tubal.

2 And I will turne thee backe, and leaue but the sixt part of thee, and will cause thee to come vp from the North parts, and will bring thee vpon the mountaines of Israel:

3 And I will smite thy bow out of thy left hand, and will cause thine arrowes to fall out of thy right hand.

4 Thou shalt fall vpon the mountaines of Israel, thou & all thy bands, and the people that is with thee: I will giue thee vnto the rauenous birds of euery sort, and to the beasts of the field to be deuoured.

5 Thou shalt fall vpon the open field, for I haue spoken it, saith the Lord God.

6 And I will send a fire on Magog, and among them that dwell carelesly in the yles, and they shall know that I am the Lord.

7 So will I make my holy Name knowen in the midst of my people Israel, and I will not let them pollute my holy Name any more, and the heathen shall know that I am the Lord, the holy One in Israel.

8 ¶ Behold, it is come, and it is done, saith the Lord God, this is the day whereof I haue spoken.

9 And they that dwell in the cities of Israel, shall goe forth, and shall set on fire, and burne the weapons, both the shields and the bucklers, the bowes and the arrowes, and the handstaues and the speares, and they shall burne them with fire seuen yeeres.

10 So that they shall take no wood out of the field, neither cut downe any out of the forrests: for they shall burne the weapons with fire, and they shall spoile those that spoiled them, and rob those that robbed them, saith the Lord God.

11 ¶ And it shal come to passe at that day, that I will giue vnto Gog a place there of graues in Israel, the valley of the passengers on the East of the Sea: and it shall stop the noses of the passengers, and there shall they burie Gog, and all his multitude, and they shal call it, the valley of Hamon-gog.

12 And seuen moneths shall the house of Israel bee burying of them, that they may cleanse the land.

13 Yea all the people of the land shall burie them, and it shall be to them a renowne the day that I shall be glorified, saith the Lord God.

14 And they shall seuer out men of continual emploiment, passing through the land, to burie with the passengers those that remaine vpon the face of the earth to clense it: after the end of seuen moneths shall they search.

15 And the passengers that passe through the lande, when any seeth a mans bone, then shall he set vp a signe by it, till the buriers haue buried it in the valley of Hamon-gog.

16 And also the name of the citie shall be Hamonah: thus shal they clense the land.

17 ¶ And thou sonne of man, Thus saith the Lord God, Speake vnto euery feathered foule, and to euery beast of the field, Assemble your selues, and come, gather your selues on euery side to my sacrifice that I doe sacrifice for you, euen a great sacrifice vpon the mountaines of Israel, that ye may eat flesh and drinke blood.

18 Ye shall eate the flesh of the mightie, and drinke the blood of the princes of the earth, of rammes, of lambes and of goats, of bullocks, all of them fatlings of Bashan.

19 And yee shall eate fat till yee be full, and drinke blood till yee be drunken, of my sacrifice which I haue sacrificed for you.

20 Thus yee shall be filled at my table with horses and charets, with mightie men, and with all men of warre, saith the Lord God.

21 And I will set my glory among the heathen, and all the heathen shal see my iudgement that I haue executed, and my hande that I haue laid vpon them.

22 So the house of Israel shall know that I am the Lord their God from that day and forward.

23 ¶ And the heathen shall knowe that the house of Israel went into captiuitie for their iniquitie: because they trespassed against me, therefore hid I my face from them, and gaue them into the hand of their enemies; so fell they all by the sword.

24 According to their vncleannesse, and according to their transgressions haue I done vnto them, and hid my face from them.

25 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, Now will I bring againe the captiuitie of Iacob, and haue mercie vpon the whole house of Israel, and will be ielous for my holy Name:

26 After that they haue borne their shame, and all their trespasses, wherby they haue trespassed against me, when they dwelt safely in their lande, and none made them afraid.

27 When I haue brought them againe from the people, and gathered them out of their enemies lands, and am sanctified in them in the sight of many nations;

28 Then shall they know that I am the Lord their God, which caused them to be led into captiuitie among the heathen: but I haue gathered them vnto their owne land, and haue left none of them any more there.

29 Neither will I hide my face any more from them: for I haue powred out my Spirit vpon the house of Israel, saith the Lord God.  
PostPosted: Sun May 20, 2018 12:39 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 40

1 In the fiue and twentieth yeere of our captiuitie, in the beginning of the yere, in the tenth day of the moneth, in the fourteenth yeere after that the citie was smitten, in the selfe same day, the hand of the Lord was vpon mee, and brought me thither.

2 In the visions of God brought he me into the land of Israel, and set mee vpon a very high mountaine, by which was as the frame of a citie on the South.

3 And he brought mee thither, and behold, there was a man, whose appearance was like the appearance of brasse, with a line of flaxe in his hand, & a measuring reed; and he stood in the gate.

4 And the man saide vnto mee; Sonne of man, behold with thine eyes, and heare with thine eares, & set thine heart vpon all that I shall shew thee: for to the intent that I might shew them vnto thee, art thou brought hither: declare all that thou seest, to the house of Israel.

5 And behold a wall on the outside of the house round about: and in the mans hand a measuring reed of sixe cubites long, by the cubite, and an hand breadth: so hee measured the breadth of the building, one reed, and the height one reed.

6 ¶ Then came hee vnto the gate which looketh toward the East, and went vp the staires thereof, and measured the threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad, and the other threshold of the gate, which was one reed broad.

7 And euery little chamber was one reed long, and one reed broad, and betweene the litle chambers were fiue cubites, & the threshold of the gate, by the porch of the gate within was one reed.

8 He measured also the porch of the gate within, one reed.

9 Then measured hee the porch of the gate, eight cubites, and the postes thereof two cubits, and the porch of the gate was inward.

10 And the litle chambers of the gate Eastward, were three on this side, and three on that side, they three were of one measure, and the postes had one measure on this side, and on that side.

11 And hee measured the breadth of the entrie of the gate, ten cubits, and the length of the gate, thirteene cubites.

12 The space also before the litle chambers was one cubite on this side, and the space was one cubite on that side, and the litle chambers were sixe cubites on this side, and sixe cubits on that side.

13 Hee measured then the gate from the roofe of the one litle chamber to the roofe of another: the breadth was fiue and twentie cubits, doore against doore.

14 He made also postes of threescore cubites, euen vnto the poste of the court round about the gate.

15 And from the face of the gate of the entrance, vnto the face of the porch of the inner gate, were fiftie cubites.

16 And there were narrow windows to the litle chambers, and to their posts within the gate round about, and likewise to the arches: and windowes were round about inward: and vpon ech post were palme-trees.

17 Then brought he me into the outward court, and loe there were chambers, and a pauement, made for the court round about: thirtie chambers were vpon the pauement.

18 And the pauement by the side of the gates ouer against the length of the gates, was the lower pauement.

19 Then hee measured the breadth from the forefront of the lower gate, vnto the forefront of the inner court without, an hundred cubits Eastward and Northward.

20 ¶ And the gate of the outward court, that looked toward the North, he measured the length thereof, and the breadth thereof.

21 And the little chambers thereof were three on this side, and three on that side, and the postes thereof, and the arches thereof were after the measure of the first gate: the length thereof was fiftie cubites, and the breadth fiue and twentie cubites.

22 And their windowes, and their arches, and their palme trees, were after the measure of the gate that looketh towards the East, and they went vp vnto it by seuen steps, and the arches thereof were before them.

23 And the gate of the inner court was ouer against the gate toward the North and toward the East, and hee measured from gate to gate an hundreth cubites.

24 ¶ After that hee brought me toward the South, and behold a gate toward the South, and he measured the postes thereof, and the arches thereof according to these measures.

25 And there were windowes in it, and in the arches thereof round about, like those windowes, the length was fiftie cubites, and the breadth fiue and twentie cubites.

26 And there were seuen steps to goe vp to it, and the arches thereof were before them, and it had palme trees, one on this side, and another on that side vpon the postes thereof.

27 And there was a gate in the inner court toward the South, and he measured from gate to gate toward the South an hundred cubites.

28 And hee brought me to the inner court by the South gate, and he measured the South gate according to these measures,

29 And the little chambers thereof, and the postes thereof, and the arches thereof according to these measures, and there were windowes in it, and in the arches thereof round about: it was fiftie cubites long, and fiue and twentie cubites broad.

30 And the arches round about were fiue and twenty cubits long, and fiue cubites broad.

31 And the arches thereof were toward the vtter court, and palme trees were vpon the postes thereof, and the going vp to it had eight steps.

32 ¶ And hee brought me into the inner court toward the East, and hee measured the gate according to these measures.

33 And the little chambers thereof, and the postes thereof, and the arches thereof were according to these measures, and there were windowes therein, and in the arches thereof round about, it was fiftie cubites long, and fiue and twentie cubits broad.

34 And the arches thereof were toward the outward court, and palme trees were vpon the postes thereof on this side, and on that side, and the going vp to it had eight steps.

35 ¶ And hee brought me to the North gate, and measured it according to these measures.

36 The little chambers thereof, the postes thereof, and the arches thereof and the windowes to it round about: the length was fiftie cubites, and the breadth fiue and twentie cubites.

37 And the postes thereof were toward the vtter court, and palme trees were vpon the posts thereof on this side, and on that side, and the going vp to it had eight steps.

38 And the chambers, and the entries thereof were by the postes of the gates, where they washed the burnt offering.

39 ¶ And in the porch of the gate were two tables on this side, and two tables on that side, to slay thereon the burnt offering, and the sinne offering, and the trespasse offering.

40 And at the side without, as one goeth vp to the entry of the North gate, were two tables, and on the other side, which was at the porch of the gate, were two tables.

41 Foure tables were on this side, and foure tables on that side, by the side of the gate; eight tables, whereupon they slew their sacrifices.

42 And the foure tables were of hewen stone for the burnt offering, of a cubite and an halfe long, and a cubite & a halfe broad, and one cubit high: whereupon also they laide the instruments wherewith they slewe the burnt offering and the sacrifice.

43 And within were hooks, an hand broad, fastened round about, and vpon the tables was the flesh of the offering.

44 ¶ And without the inner gate were the chambers of the singers in the inner court, which was at the side of the North gate: and their prospect was toward the South, one at the side of the East gate, hauing the prospect toward the North.

45 And hee said vnto me; This chamber whose prospect is toward the South, is for the priests, the keepers of the charge of the house.

46 And the chamber whose prospect is toward the North, is for the priests the keepers of the charge of the altar: these are the sonnes of Zadok among the sonnes of Leui, which come neere to the Lord to minister vnto him.

47 So he measured the court, an hundreth cubites long, and an hundreth cubites broad foure square, and the altar that was before the house.

48 ¶ And he brought me to the porch of the house, and measured each post of the porch, fiue cubites on this side, and fiue cubites on that side: and the bredth of the gate was three cubites on this side, and three cubites on that side.

49 The length of the porch was twentie cubites, and the bredth eleuen cubites, and he brought me by the steps, whereby they went vp to it, and there were pillars by the posts, one on this side, and another on that side.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2018 1:39 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 41

1 Afterward he brought me to the Temple, and measured the posts, six cubites broad on the one side, and sixe cubites broad on the other side, which was the bredth of the Tabernacle.

2 And the bredth of the doore was tenne cubites, and the sides of the doore were fiue cubites on the one side, and fiue cubites on the other side, and he measured the length thereof fortie cubites, and the bredth twentie cubites.

3 Then went he inward, and measured the post of the doore two cubites, and the doore sixe cubites, and the bredth of the doore seuen cubites.

4 So he measured the length therof twentie cubites, and the bredth twentie cubites before the temple, and he said vnto me; This is the most holy place.

5 After he measured the wall of the house sixe cubites, and the bredth of euerie side-chamber foure cubites round about the house on euery side.

6 And the side-chambers were three, one ouer an other, and thirtie in order, and they entred into the wall which was of the house for the side chambers round about, that they might haue hold, but they had not hold in the wall of the house.

7 And there was an enlarging and a winding about still vpward to the side-chambers, for the winding about of the house went still vpward round about the house: therefore the bredth of the house was still vpward, and so increased from the lowest chamber to the highest by the middest.

8 I saw also the height of the house round about; the foundations of the side-chambers were a full reede of sixe great cubites.

9 The thicknesse of the wall which was for the side chamber without, was fiue cubites, and that which was left, was the place of the side-chambers that were within.

10 And betweene the chambers was the widenesse of twentie cubites round about the house on euery side.

11 And the doores of the side-chambers were toward the place that was left, one doore toward the North, and an other doore toward the South, and the bredth of the place that was left, was fiue cubites round about.

12 Now the building that was before the seperate place, at the end toward the West, was seuenty cubites broad, and the wall of the building was fiue cubites thicke round about, and the length thereof ninety cubites.

13 So he measured the house, an hundreth cubites long, and the separate place and the building with the walles thereof, an hundreth cubites long.

14 Also the bredth of the face of the house, and of the separate place toward the East, an hundreth cubites.

15 And he measured the length of the building ouer against the separate place which was behind it, and the galleries thereof on the one side, and on the other side an hundreth cubites with the inner temple, and the porches of the court.

16 The doore-posts and the narrow windows, and the galleries round about on their three stories, ouer against the doore sieled with wood round about, and from the ground vp to the windows, & the windows were couered.

17 To that aboue the doore, euen vnto the inner house and without, and by all the wall round about within and without by measure.

18 And it was made with Cherubims and Palme trees, so that a Palme tree was betweene a Cherub and a Cherub, and euery Cherub had two faces.

19 So that the face of a man was toward the Palme-tree on the one side, and the face of a yong lyon toward the Palme-tree on the other side: it was made through all the house round about.

20 From the ground vnto aboue the doore were Cherubims and Palme-trees made, & on the wall of the temple.

21 The postes of the Temple were squared, and the face of the Sanctuary, the appearance of the one as the appearance of the other.

22 The altar of wood was three cubits high, and the length thereof two cubits; and the corners thereof and the length thereof and the walles thereof were of wood: and hee said vnto mee; This is the Table that is before the Lord.

23 And the Temple and the Sanctuarie had two doores.

24 And the doores had two leaues a piece, two turning leaues, two leaues for the one doore, and two leaues for the other doore.

25 And there were made on them, on the doores of the Temple, Cherubims and Palme-trees, like as were made vpon the walles, and there were thicke planckes vpon the face of the porch without.

26 And there were narrow windowes and Palme-trees on the one side and on the other side, on the sides of the porch, and vpon the side chambers of the house, and thicke plankes.  
PostPosted: Tue May 22, 2018 9:05 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 42

1 Then he brought me foorth into the vtter court, the way toward the North, and hee brought mee into the chamber, that was ouer against the separate place, & which was before the building toward the North.

2 Before the length of an hundreth cubites was the North doore, and the breadth was fiftie cubits.

3 Ouer against the twentie cubites which were for the inner court, and ouer against the pauement which was for the vtter court, was gallerie against gallery in three stories.

4 And before the chambers was a walke of ten cubites breadth inward, a way of one cubite, and their doores toward the North.

5 Now the vpper-chambers were shorter: for the galleries were higher then these, then the lower, and then the middlemost of the building.

6 For they were in three stories, but had not pillars as the pillars of the courts: therefore the building was straitned more then the lowest, and the middlemost from the ground.

7 And the wall that was without ouer against the chambers towards the vtter court on the forepart of the chambers, the length thereof was fiftie cubites.

8 For the length of the chambers that were in the vtter court was fiftie cubites: and loe, before the Temple were an hundreth cubites.

9 And from vnder these chambers was the entrie on the East side, as one goeth into them from the vtter court.

10 The chambers were in the thickenes of the wall of the court toward the East, ouer against the separate place, and ouer against the building.

11 And the way before them was like the appearance of the chambers, which were toward the North, as long as they and as broad as they, and all their goings out were both according to their fashions, and according to their doores.

12 And according to the doores of the chambers that were toward the South, was a doore in the head of the way, euen the way directly before ye wall toward the East, as one entreth into them.

13 ¶ Then sayd hee vnto mee, The North chambers, and the South chambers, which are before the separate place, they be holy chambers, where þe Priests that approach vnto the Lord shall eate the most holy things: there shall they lay the most holy things, and the meat offering, & the sinne offering, and the trespasse offring, for the place is holy.

14 When the Priests enter therein, then shall they not goe out of the holy place into the vtter court, but there they shall lay their garments, wherein they minister: for they are holy, and shall put on other garments, and shall approch to those things which are for the people.

15 Now when hee had made an end of measuring the inner house, hee brought mee foorth toward the gate, whose prospect is toward the East, and measured it round about.

16 He measured the East side with the measuring reede, fiue hundreth reedes, with the measuring reed round about.

17 Hee measured the North side fiue hundreth reedes, with a measuring reed round about.

18 Hee measured the South side fiue hundreth reedes, with the measuring reede.

19 ¶ Hee turned about to the West side, and measured fiue hundreth reedes with the measuring reed.

20 He measured it by the foure sides: it had a wall round about fiue hundreth reedes long, and fiue hundreth broad, to make a separation betweene the Sanctuary and the prophane place.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2018 10:00 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 43

1 Afterward he brought me to the gate, euen the gate that looketh toward the East.

2 And behold, the glory of the God of Israel came from the way of the East: and his voice was like a noise of many waters, and the earth shined with his glory.

3 And it was according to the appearance of the vision which I saw, euen according to the vision that I saw, when I came to destroy the citie: and the visions were like the vision that I saw by the riuer Chebar: and I fell vpon my face.

4 And the glorie of the Lord came into the house by the way of the gate, whose prospect is toward the East.

5 So the Spirit tooke me vp, and brought mee into the inner court, and behold, the glory of the Lord filled the house.

6 And I heard him speaking vnto me out of the house, & the man stood by me.

7 ¶ And he said vnto me, Sonne of man, the place of my throne, and the place of the soles of my feete, where I will dwell in the midst of the children of Israel for euer, and my holy Name, shall the house of Israel no more defile, neither they, nor their kings, by their whoredome, nor by the carkeises of their kings in their high places.

8 In their setting of their threshold by my thresholds, and their post by my postes, and the wall betweene me and them, they haue euen defiled my holy Name by their abominations that they haue committed: wherefore I haue consumed them in mine anger.

9 Now let them put away their whoredome, and the carkeises of their kings farre from me, and I wil dwell in the middest of them for euer.

10 ¶ Thou sonne of man, shew the house to the house of Israel, that they may be ashamed of their iniquities, and let them measure the patterne.

11 And if they be ashamed of all that they haue done; shew them the forme of the house, and the fashion thereof, and the goings out thereof, and the commings in thereof, and all the formes thereof, and all the ordinances thereof, and all the formes thereof, and all the lawes thereof: & write it in their sight, that they may keepe the whole forme thereof, and all the Ordinances therof, and doe them.

12 This is the law of the house; Upon the top of the mountaine, the whole limit thereof round about shall be most holy: behold, this is the law of the house.

13 ¶ And these are the measures of the Altar after the cubites; the cubite is a cubite and an hand breadth, euen the bottom shalbe a cubite, and the breadth a cubite, and the border thereof by the edge therof round about shalbe a spanne, and this shalbe the higher place of the Altar.

14 And from the bottom vpon the ground, euen to the lower settle, shalbe two cubits, and the breadth one cubite, and from the lesser settle euen to the greater settle shalbe foure cubites, and the breadth one cubite.

15 So the Altar shalbe foure cubites, and from the altar and vpward shalbe foure hornes.

16 And the altar shalbe twelue cubites long, twelue broad, square in the foure squares thereof.

17 And the settle shall bee fourteene cubites long, and fourteene broad in the foure squares thereof, and the border about it shalbe halfe a cubite, and the bottome thereof shall be a cubite about, and his staires shall looke toward the East.

18 ¶ And he said vnto me, Sonne of man, thus saith the Lord God, These are the ordinances of the Altar in the day when they shall make it to offer burnt offrings thereon, and to sprinkle blood thereon.

19 And thou shalt giue to the Priests the Leuites that be of the seede of Zadok, which approch vnto me, to minister vnto me, saith the Lord God, a yong bullocke for a sinne offering.

20 And thou shalt take of the blood thereof, and put it on the foure hornes of it, and on the foure corners of the settle, and vpon the border round about: thus shalt thou cleanse and purge it.

21 Thou shalt take the bullocke also of the sinne offering, and he shall burne it in the appointed place of the house without the Sanctuary.

22 And on the second day thou shalt offer a kidde of the goats without blemish for a sinne offering, and they shall cleanse the Altar, as they did cleanse it with the bullocke.

23 When thou hast made an ende of cleansing it, thou shalt offer a yong bullocke without blemish, and a ramme out of the flocke, without blemish.

24 And thou shalt offer them before the Lord, and the Priests shall cast salt vpon them, and they shall offer them vp for a burnt offering vnto the Lord.

25 Seuen dayes shalt thou prepare euery day a goate for a sinne offering: they shall also prepare a yong bullocke, and a ramme out of the flocke, without blemish.

26 Seuen dayes shal they purge the Altar and purifie it, and they shall consecrate themselues.

27 And when these dayes are expired, it shall be that vpon the eight day and so forward, the Priests shall make your burnt offerings vpon the Altar, and your peace offerings; and I will accept you, saith the Lord God.  
PostPosted: Thu May 24, 2018 10:29 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 44

1 Then he brought me backe the way of the gate of the outward Sanctuarie which looketh toward the East, and it was shut.

2 Then said the Lord vnto me, This gate shall be shut, it shall not be opened, and no man shall enter in by it; because the Lord the God of Israel hath entred in by it, therefore it shall be shut.

3 It is for the Prince; the Prince, hee shall sit in it to eate bread before the Lord: hee shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate, and shall goe out by the way of the same.

4 ¶ Then brought he me the way of the North gate before the house, and I looked, and behold, the glory of the Lord filled the house of the Lord, and I fell vpon my face.

5 And the Lord said vnto me; Sonne of man, marke well, and behold with thine eyes, and heare with thine eares, all that I say vnto thee, concerning all the ordinances of the house of ehe Lord, and all the lawes thereof, and marke well the entring in of the house, with euery going foorth of the Sanctuary.

6 And thou shalt say to the rebellious, euen to the house of Israel, Thus sayth the Lord God; O yee house of Israel, let it suffice you, of all your abominations;

7 In that ye haue brought into my Sanctuarie strangers vncircumcised in heart, and vncircumcised in flesh, to be in my Sanctuarie to pollute it, euen my House, when ye offer my bread, the fat and the blood, and they haue broken my Couenant, because of all your abominations.

8 And yee haue not kept the charge of mine holy things: but ye haue set keepers of my charge in my Sanctuarie for your selues.

9 ¶ Thus sayth the Lord God, No stranger vncircumcised in heart, nor vncircumcised in flesh, shall enter into my Sanctuarie, of any stranger that is among the children of Israel.

10 And the Leuites that are gone away farre from me, when Israel went astray, which went astray away from me after their idoles, they shall euen beare their iniquitie.

11 Yet they shall be ministers in my Sanctuary, hauing charge at the gates of the house, and ministring to the house: they shall slay the burnt offring, and the sacrifice for the people, and they shall stand before them to minister vnto them:

12 Because they ministred vnto them before their idoles, and caused the house of Israel to fall into iniquitie; therefore haue I lift vp mine hand against them, saith the Lord God, and they shall beare their iniquitie.

13 And they shall not come neere vnto me to doe the office of a priest vnto me, nor to come neere to any of my holy things, in the most holy place: but they shall beare their shame, and their abominations which they haue committed.

14 But I will make them keepers of the charge of the house for all the seruice thereof, and for all that shalbe done therein.

15 ¶ But the priests the Leuites, the sonnes of Zadok, that kept the charge of my sanctuarie, when the children of Israel went astray from me, they shall come neere to me to minister vnto me, and they shall stand before me to offer vnto me the fat and the blood, saith the Lord God.

16 They shall enter into my sanctuarie, and they shall come neere to my table to minister vnto mee, and they shall keepe my charge.

17 ¶ And it shall come to passe that when they enter in at the gates of the inner court, they shall be clothed with linnen garments, and no wooll shall come vpon them, whiles they minister in the gates of the inner court and within.

18 They shall haue linnen bonets vpon their heads, and shall haue linnen breeches vpon their loynes: they shall not girde themselues with any thing that causeth sweat.

19 And when they goe forth into the vtter court, euen into the vtter court to the people, they shall put off their garments wherein they ministred, and lay them in the holy chambers, and they shall put on other garments, and they shall not sanctifie the people with their garments.

20 Neither shall they shaue their heads, nor suffer their lockes to grow long, they shall only polle their heads.

21 Neither shall any priest drinke wine, when they enter into the inner court.

22 Neither shall they take for their wiues a widow, or her that is put away: but they shall take maidens of the seede of the house of Israel, or a widow that had a priest before.

23 And they shall teach my people the difference betweene the holy and prophane, and cause men to discerne betweene the vncleane and the cleane.

24 And in controuersie they shall stand in iudgement, and they shall iudge it according to my iudgements: and they shall keepe my lawes and my statutes in all mine assemblies, and they shall halow my Sabbaths.

25 And they shall come at no dead person to defile themselues: but for father or for mother, or for sonne or for daughter, for brother or for sister, that hath had no husband, they may defile themselues.

26 And after he is cleansed, they shal reckon vnto him seuen dayes.

27 And in the day that he goeth into the sanctuarie, vnto the inner court to minister in the sanctuarie, he shall offer his sinne offring, saith the Lord God.

28 And it shall be vnto them for an inheritance; I am their inheritance: and yee shall giue them no possession in Israel; I am their possession.

29 They shal eate the meate offring, and the sinne offring, and the trespasse offring, and euery dedicate thing in Israel shall be theirs.

30 And the first of all the first fruits of all things, and euery oblation of all of euery sort of your oblations shall be the priests: yee shall also giue vnto the priest the first of your dough, that he may cause the blessing to rest in thine house.

31 The priests shall not eate of any thing that is dead of it selfe or torne, whether it be foule or beast.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2018 11:34 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 45

1 Moreouer, when yee shall diuide by lot the land for inheritance, yee shall offer an oblation vnto the Lord, an holy portion of the land: the length shall be the length of fiue and twentie thousand reedes, and the bredth shalbe ten thousand: this shall be holy in all the borders thereof round about.

2 Of this there shal be for the Sanctuarie fiue hundreth in length, with fiue hundreth in bredth, square round about, and fiftie cubites round about, for the suburbs thereof.

3 And of this measure shalt thou measure the length of fiue and twentie thousand, and the bredth of ten thousand: and in it shall be the Sanctuarie and the most holy place.

4 The holy portion of the land shal bee for the priests the ministers of the Sanctuarie, which shall come neere to minister vnto the Lord, and it shall be a place for their houses, and an holy place for the Sanctuarie.

5 And the fiue and twenty thousand of length, and the tenne thousand of breadth, shall also the Leuites the ministers of the house haue for themselues, for a possession for twentie chambers.

6 ¶ And ye shall appoint the possession of the citie fiue thousand broad, and fiue and twentie thousand long ouer against the oblation of the holy portion: it shall be for the whole house of Israel.

7 ¶ And a portion shalbe for the prince on the one side, and on the other side of the oblation of the holy portion, and of the possession of the citie, before the oblation of the holy portion, and before the possession of the citie from the West side Westward, and from the East side Eastward, and the length shalbe ouer against one of the portions from the West border vnto the East border.

8 In the land shall be his possession in Israel, and my princes shall no more oppresse my people, and the rest of the land shall they giue to the house of Israel according to their tribes.

9 ¶ Thus saith the Lord God, Let it suffice you, O princes of Israel: remoue violence and spoile, and execute iudgement and iustice, take away your exactions from my people, saith the Lord God.

10 Ye shall haue iust ballances, and a iust Ephah, and a iust Bath.

11 The Ephah and the Bath shal be of one measure, that the Bath may containe the tenth part of an Homer, and the Ephah the tenth part of an Homer: the measure thereof shall be after the Homer.

12 And the shekell shall be twentie Gerahs: twenty shekels, fiue and twentie shekels, fifteene shekels shall be your Maneh.

13 This is the oblation that ye shal offer, the sixt part of an Ephah of an Homer of wheat, & ye shal giue the sixt part of an Ephah of an Homer of barley.

14 Concerning the ordinance of oile, the Bath of oyle, ye shall offer the tenth part of a Bath out of the Cor, which is an Homer of ten Baths, for ten Baths are an Homer.

15 And one lambe out of the flocke, out of two hundred, out of the fat pastures of Israel for a meate offering, and for a burnt offering, and for peace offerings to make reconciliation for them, saith the Lord God.

16 All the people of the land shall giue this oblation for the prince in Israel.

17 And it shall be the princes part to giue burnt offerings, and meat offrings, and drinke offerings, in the feasts, and in the new moones, and in the Sabbaths, in all solemnities of the house of Israel: he shall prepare the sinne offering, and the meate offering, and the burnt offering, and the peace offrings, to make reconciliation for the house of Israel.

18 Thus saith the Lord God, In the first moneth, in the first day of the moneth, thou shalt take a yong bullock without blemish, and clense the Sanctuarie.

19 And the priest shall take of the blood of the sinne offering, and put it vpon the postes of the house, and vpon the foure corners of the settle of the Altar, and vpon the postes of the gate of the inner court.

20 And so thou shalt doe the seuenth day of the moneth, for euery one that erreth, and for him that is simple: so shall ye reconcile the house.

21 In the first moneth, in the fourteenth day of the moneth, ye shall haue the passeouer a feast of seuen dayes, vnleauened bread shall be eaten.

22 And vpon that day shall the prince prepare for himselfe, and for all the people of the land, a bullocke for a sinne offering.

23 And seuen dayes of the feast he shall prepare a burnt offering to the Lord, seuen bullockes, and seuen rammes without blemish dayly the seuen dayes, and a kidde of the goats daily for a sinne offering.

24 And hee shall prepare a meat offering of an Ephah for a bullocke, and an Ephah for a ramme, and an Hin of oyle for an Ephah.

25 In the seuenth moneth, in the fifteenth day of the moneth shall he doe the like in the feast of the seuen dayes, according to the sinne offring, according to the burnt offering, & according to the meat offering, and according to the oile.  
PostPosted: Sat May 26, 2018 2:15 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 46

1 Thus saith the Lord God, The gate of the inner court, that looketh toward the East, shalbe shut the sixe working dayes: but on the Sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of the New moone it shalbe opened.

2 And the Prince shall enter by the way of the porch of that gate without, and shall stand by the post of the gate, and the Priests shall prepare his burnt offering, and his peace offerings, and he shall worship at the threshold of the gate: then he shall goe foorth, but the gate shall not be shut vntil the euening.

3 Likewise the people of the land shall worship at the doore of this gate before the Lord, in the Sabbaths, and in the New moones.

4 And the burnt offering that the Prince shall offer vnto the Lord in the Sabbath day, shall be sixe lambes without blemish, and a ramme without blemish.

5 And the meat offring shalbe an Ephah for a ramme, and the meate offering for the lambes as he shalbe able to giue, and an Hin of oile to an Ephah.

6 And in the day of the New moone it shall be a yong bullocke without blemish, and sixe lambes, and a ramme: they shalbe without blemish.

7 And hee shall prepare a meat offering, an Ephah for a bullocke, and an Ephah for a ramme, and for the lambs, according as his hand shall attaine vnto, and an Hin of oile to an Ephah.

8 And when the Prince shall enter, he shall goe in by the way of the porch of that gate, and he shall goe foorth by the way thereof.

9 ¶ But when the people of the land shall come before the Lord, in the solemne feasts, he that entreth in by the way of the North gate to worship, shall goe out by the way of the South gate: and he that entreth by the way of the South gate, shall goe forth by the way of the North gate: he shall not returne by the way of the gate whereby he came in, but shall goe foorth ouer against it.

10 And the Prince in the midst of them when they goe in, shal goe in, and when they goe foorth, shall goe forth.

11 And in the feasts, and in the solemnities, the meat offering shalbe an Ephah to a bullocke, and an Ephah to a ramme, and to the lambes, as he is able to giue, and an Hin of oile to an Ephah.

12 Now when the Prince shall prepare a voluntary burnt offering or peace offerings, voluntarily vnto the Lord, one shall then open him the gate that looketh toward the East, and he shall prepare his burnt offering, and his peace offerings, as hee did on the Sabbath day, then he shall goe foorth, and after his going foorth, one shall shut the gate.

13 Thou shalt daily prepare a burnt offering vnto the Lord, of a lambe of the first yeere, without blemish thou shalt prepare it euery morning.

14 And thou shalt prepare a meat offering for it euery morning; the sixt part of an Ephah, and the third part of an Hin of oyle, to temper with the fine flowre; a meat offering continually, by a perpetual ordinance vnto the Lord.

15 Thus shall they prepare the lambe, and the meat offering, and the oyle, euery morning, for a continuall burnt offering.

16 ¶ Thus saith the Lord God, If the prince giue a gift vnto any of his sonnes, the inheritance thereof shall be his sonnes, it shall be their possession by inheritance:

17 But if hee giue a gift of his inheritance to one of his seruants, then it shalbe his to the yeere of libertie: after, it shall returne to the Prince, but his inheritance shalbe his sonnes for them.

18 Moreouer, the Prince shall not take of the peoples inheritance by oppression, to thrust them out of their possession: but hee shall giue his sonnes inheritance out of his owne possession, that my people be not scattered euery man from his possession.

19 ¶ After, he brought me through the entry, which was at the side of the gate, into the holy chambers of the Priests which looked toward þe North: and behold, there was a place on the two sides Westward.

20 Then said hee vnto me, This is the place where the Priests shall boyle the trespasse offring, and the sinne offering, where they shall bake the meate offering: that they beare them not out into the vtter court, to sanctifie the people.

21 Then hee brought me foorth into the vtter court, and caused me to passe by the foure corners of the court, and behold, in euery corner of the court there was a court.

22 In the foure corners of the court there were courts ioyned of fourtie cubits long, and thirtie broad: these foure corners were of one measure.

23 And there was a new building round about in them, round about them foure and it was made with boyling places vnder the rowes round about.

24 Then said he vnto me, These are the places of them that boyle, where the ministers of the house shall boyle the sacrifice of the people.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2018 3:00 pm
Ezekiel
Chapter 47

1 Afterward hee brought me againe vnto the doore of the house, and behold, waters issued out from vnder the threshold of the house Eastward: for the forefront of the house stood toward the East, and the waters came downe from vnder from the right side of the house, at the South side of the Altar.

2 Then brought hee me out of the way of the gate Northward, and ledde me about the way without vnto the vtter gate by the way that looketh Eastward, and behold, there ranne out waters on the right side.

3 And when the man that had the line in his hand, went forth Eastward, he measured a thousand cubites, and he brought me through the waters: the waters were to the ancles.

4 Againe he measured a thousand, and brought me through the waters; the waters were to the knees: againe he measured a thousand, and brought mee through; the waters were to the loynes.

5 Afterward hee measured a thousand, and it was a riuer, that I could not passe ouer: for the waters were risen, waters to swimme in, a riuer that could not be passed ouer.

6 ¶ And hee said vnto me, Sonne of man, hast thou seene this? Then hee brought me, and caused me to returne to the brinke of the riuer.

7 Now when I had returned, behold, at the banke of the riuer were very many trees on the one side and on the other.

8 Then said he vnto me, These waters issue out toward the East country, and go downe into the desert, and goe into the sea: which being brought foorth into the sea, the waters shalbe healed.

9 And it shall come to passe, that euery thing that liueth, which mooueth, whithersoeuer the riuers shall come, shall liue, and there shall be a very great multitude of fish, because these waters shall come thither: for they shall be healed, and euery thing shall liue whither the riuer commeth.

10 And it shall come to passe that the fishers shall stand vpon it, from Engedi euen vnto En-eglaim; they shall be a place to spread foorth nets, their fish shall bee according to their kindes, as the fish of the great Sea, exceeding many.

11 But the myrie places thereof, and the marishes thereof, shall not be healed, they shall be giuen to salt.

12 And by the riuer vpon the banke thereof on this side, and on that side, shall grow all trees for meat, whose leafe shal not fade, neither shal the fruit thereof be consumed: it shall bring forth new fruit, according to his moneths, because their waters they issued out of the Sanctuarie, and the fruite thereof shall be for meate, and the leafe thereof for medicine.

13 ¶ Thus sayth the Lord God, This shall be the border, whereby yee shall inherite the land, according to the twelue tribes of Israel: Ioseph shall haue two portions.

14 And yee shall inherite it, one as well as an other: concerning the which I lifted vp mine hand to giue it vnto your fathers, and this land shal fall vnto you for inheritance.

15 And this shall be the border of the land toward the North side from the great Sea, the way of Hethlon, as men goe to Zedad:

16 Hamath, Berothah, Sibraim, which is betweene the border of Damascus, and the border of Hamath: Hazar Hatticon, which is by the coast of Hauran.

17 And the border from the Sea shall be Hazar-enan, the border of Damascus, and the North northward, and the border of Hamath: and this is the North side.

18 And the East side yee shall measure from Hauran, and from Damascus, and from Gilead, and from the land of Israel by Iordan, from the border vnto the East sea: & this is the East side.

19 And the South side Southward from Tamar, euen to the waters of strife in Kadesh, the riuer, to the great Sea; and this is the South side Southward.

20 The West side also shall be the great Sea from the border, till a man come ouer against Hamath: this is the West side.

21 So shall yee diuide this land vnto you according to the Tribes of Israel.

22 ¶ And it shall come to passe, that yee shall diuide it by lot for an inheritance vnto you, and to the strangers that soiourne among you, which shall beget children among you, and they shall be vnto you as borne in the countrey among the children of Israel; they shall haue inheritance with you among the Tribes of Israel.

23 And it shall come to passe that in what Tribe the stranger soiourneth, there shall yee giue him his inheritance, saith the Lord God.  
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2018 11:05 am
Ezekiel
Chapter 48

1 Now these are the names of the Tribes, from the North end to the coast of the way of Hathlon, as one goeth to Hamath, Hazarenan, the border of Damascus Northward, to þe coast of Hamath (for these are his sides East & West) a portion for Dan.

2 And by the border of Dan, from the East side vnto the West, a portion for Asher.

3 And by the border of Asher, from the East side euen vnto the West side, a portion for Naphtali.

4 And by the border of Naphtali, from the East side vnto the West side, a portion for Manasseh.

5 And by the border of Manasseh, from the East side vnto the West side, a portion for Ephraim.

6 And by the border of Ephraim, from the East side euen vnto the West side, a portion for Reuben.

7 And by the border of Reuben, from the East side vnto the West side, a portion for Iudah.

8 ¶ And by the border of Iudah, from the East side vnto the West side, shall be the offring which they shall offer of fiue and twentie thousand reedes in bredth, and in length as one of the other parts, from the East side vnto the West side, and the Sanctuarie shall be in the midst of it.

9 The oblation that yee shall offer vnto the Lord, shall be of fiue and twentie thousand in length, and of ten thousand in bredth.

10 And for them, euen for the priests shall be this holy oblation, toward the North, fiue and twentie thousand in length, and toward the West ten thousand in bredth, and toward the East ten thousand in bredth, and toward the South fiue and twentie thousand in length, & the sanctuarie of the Lord shall be in the midst thereof.

11 It shall be for the Priests that are sanctified, of the sonnes of Zadok, which haue kept my charge, which went not astray when the children of Israel went astray, as the Leuites went astray.

12 And this oblation of the land that is offred, shalbe vnto them a thing most holy by the border of the Leuites.

13 And ouer against the border of the Priests, the Leuites shall haue fiue and twentie thousand in length, and tenne thousand in bredth: all the length shalbe fiue and twentie thousand, and the bredth tenne thousand.

14 And they shall not sell of it, neither exchange, nor alienate the first fruits of the land: for it is holy vnto the Lord.

15 ¶ And the fiue thousand that are left in the breadth ouer against the fiue and twentie thousand, shall bee a prophane place for the citie, for dwelling, and for suburbs, and the citie shall be in the midst thereof.

16 And these shall bee the measures thereof, the North side foure thousand and fiue hundred, and the South side foure thousand and fiue hundred, and on the East side foure thousand, and fiue hundred, and the West side foure thousand and fiue hundred.

17 And the suburbs of the city shall be toward the North two hundred and fiftie, and toward the South two hundred and fifty, and toward the East two hundred and fiftie, and toward the West two hundred and fiftie.

18 And the residue in length ouer against the oblation of the holy portion, shalbe ten thousand Eastward, and ten thousand Westward: and it shall be ouer against the oblation of the holy portion, and the increase thereof shall bee for food vnto them that serue the citie.

19 And they that serue the citie, shall serue it out of all the tribes of Israel.

20 All the oblation shall bee fiue and twentie thousand, by fiue and twentie thousand: ye shall offer the holy oblation foure square, with the possession of the citie.

21 ¶ And the residue shall bee for the prince on the one side, and on the other of the holy oblation, and of the possession of the citie ouer against the fiue and twentie thousand, of the oblation toward the East border, and Westward ouer against the fiue and twentie thousand toward the West border, ouer against the portions for the prince, and it shall be the holy oblation, and the Sanctuarie of the house shall be in the middest thereof.

22 Moreouer, from the possession of the Leuites, and from the possession of the citie, being in the midst of that which is the princes, betweene the border of Iudah, and the border of Beniamin, shall bee for the prince.

23 As for the rest of the tribes, from the East side vnto the West side, Beniamin shall haue a portion:

24 And by the border of Beniamin, from the East side vnto the West side, Simeon shall haue a portion:

25 And by the border of Simeon, from the East side vnto the West side, Issachar a portion:

26 And by the border of Issachar, from the East side vnto the West side, Zebulun a portion:

27 And by the border of Zebulun from the East side vnto the West side, Gad a portion:

28 And by the border of Gad, at the South side Southward, the border shall be euen from Tamar, vnto the waters of strife in Kadesh, and to the riuer toward the great Sea.

29 This is the land which ye shal diuide by lot vnto the tribes of Israel for inheritance, and these are their portions, saith the Lord God.

30 ¶ And these are the goings out of the citie, on the North side foure thousand and fiue hundred measures.

31 And the gates of the citie shall bee after the names of the tribes of Israel, three gates Northward, one gate of Reuben, one gate of Iudah, one gate of Leui.

32 And at the East side foure thousand and fiue hundred: and three gates; and one gate of Ioseph, one gate of Beniamin, one gate of Dan.

33 And at the South side foure thousand and fiue hundred measures, and three gates: one gate of Simeon, one gate of Issachar, one gate of Zebulun.

34 At the West side foure thousand and fiue hundred, with their three gates: one gate of Gad, one gate of Asher, one gate of Naphtali.

35 It was round about eighteene thousand measures, and the name of the citie from that day shall be, The Lord is there.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2018 10:38 am
Daniel
Chapter 1

1 In the thirde yere of the reigne of Iehoiakim King of Iudah, came Nebuchad-nezzar King of Babylon, vnto Ierusalem, and besieged it.

2 And the Lord gaue Iehoiakim king of Iudah into his hand, with part of the vessels of the house of God, which he caried into the land of Shinar to the house of his god, and he brought the vessels into the treasure house of his god.

3 ¶ And the king spake vnto Ashpenaz the master of his Eunuches, that he should bring certaine of the children of Israel, and of the kings seed, and of the Princes:

4 Children in whom was no blemish, but well fauoured, and skilfull in all wisedome, and cunning in knowledge, and vnderstanding science, and such as had abilitie in them to stand in the Kings palace, and whom they might teach the learning, and the tongue of the Caldeans.

5 And the King appointed them a daily prouision of the kings meat, and of the wine which he dranke: so nourishing them three yeeres, that at the ende thereof they might stand before the king.

6 Now among these were of the children of Iudah, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah:

7 Unto whom the Prince of the Eunuches gaue names: for he gaue vnto Daniel the name of Belteshazzar; and to Hananiah, of Shadrach; and to Mishael, of Meshach; and to Azariah of Abednego.

8 ¶ But Daniel purposed in his heart, that he would not defile himselfe with the portion of the kings meat, nor with the wine which he dranke: therefore hee requested of the Prince of the Eunuches, that hee might not defile himselfe.

9 Now God had brought Daniel into fauour and tender loue with the Prince of the Eunuches.

10 And the Prince of the Eunuches said vnto Daniel, I feare my lord the king, who hath appointed your meat, and your drinke: for why should he see your faces worse liking then the children which are of your sort? then shall yee make mee indanger my head to the King.

11 Then said Daniel to Melzar, whom the Prince of the Eunuches had set ouer Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah,

12 Proue thy seruants, I beseech thee, ten dayes, and let them giue pulse to eat, and water to drinke.

13 Then let our countenances be looked vpon before thee, and the countenance of the children that eat of the portion of the Kings meate: and as thou seest, deale with thy seruants.

14 So hee consented to them in this matter, and proued them ten dayes.

15 And at the end often dayes, their countenances appeared fairer, and fatter in flesh, then all the children, which did eate the portion of the kings meat.

16 Thus Melzar tooke away the portion of their meat, and the wine that they should drink: and gaue them pulse.

17 ¶ As for these foure children, God gaue them knowledge, and skil in all learning and wisedome, and Daniel had vnderstanding in all visions and dreames.

18 Now at the end of the dayes that the King had said he should bring them in, then the Prince of the Eunuches brought them in before Nebuchadnezzar.

19 And the King communed with them: and among them all was found none like Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah: therefore stood they before the King.

20 And in all matters of wisedome and vnderstanding that the king enquired of them, hee found them ten times better then all the Magicians and Astrologers that were in all his Realme.

21 And Daniel continued euen vnto the first yeere of king Cyrus.  
PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2018 10:42 am
Daniel
Chapter 2

1 And in the second yeere of the reigne of Nebuchadnezzar, Nebuchad-nezzar dreamed dreames, wherewith his spirit was troubled, and his sleepe brake from him.

2 Then the King commanded to call the Magicians, and the Astrologers, and the Sorcerers, and the Caldeans, for to shew the King his dreames: so they came and stood before the king.

3 And the King said vnto them, I haue dreamed a dreame, and my spirit was troubled to know the dreame.

4 Then spake the Caldeans to the King in Syriacke; O king, liue for euer: tell thy seruants the dreame, and we will shew the interpretation.

5 The King answered, and said to the Caldeans, The thing is gone from mee: if ye will not make knowen vnto me the dreame, with the interpretation thereof, yee shall be cut in pieces, and your houses shalbe made a dunghill.

6 But if yee shewe the dreame, and the interpretation thereof, yee shall receiue of me giftes and rewards, and great honour: therefore shewe me the dreame, and the interpretation thereof.

7 They answered againe, and said, Let the King tell his seruants the dreame, and we will shew the interpretation of it.

8 The King answered, and said, I know of certeinty that ye would gaine the time, because ye see the thing is gone from me.

9 But if yee will not make knowen vnto me the dreame, there is but one decree for you: for ye haue prepared lying, and corrupt words to speake before me, till the time be changed: therefore tell me the dreame, and I shall know that yee can shewe mee the interpretation thereof.

10 ¶ The Caldeans answered before the King, and said, There is not a man vpon the earth that can shew the kings matter: therefore there is no King, lord, nor ruler, that asked such things at any Magician, or Astrologer, or Caldean.

11 And it is a rare thing that the king requireth, and there is none other that can shew it before the King, except the gods, whose dwelling is not with flesh.

12 For this cause the King was angry and very furious, and commanded to destroy all the wise men of Babylon.

13 And the decree went foorth that the wise men should be slaine, and they sought Daniel and his fellowes to be slaine.

14 ¶ Then Daniel answered with counsell and wisedome to Arioch the captaine of the Kings guard, which was gone foorth to slay the wise men of Babylon.

15 Hee answered and said to Arioch the Kings captaine, Why is the decree so hastie from the King? Then Arioch made the thing knowen to Daniel.

16 Then Daniel went in and desired of the King, that hee would giue him time, and that he would shew the king the interpretation.

17 Then Daniel went to his house, and made the thing knowen to Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah his companions:

18 That they would desire mercies of the God of heauen concerning this secret, that Daniel and his fellowes should not perish with the rest of the Wise men of Babylon.

19 ¶ Then was the secret reuealed vnto Daniel in a night vision: then Daniel blessed the God of heauen.

20 Daniel answered and said; Blessed be the name of God for euer and euer: for wisedome and might are his:

21 And he changeth the times and the seasons: he remoueth Kings, and setteth vp Kings: he giueth wisedome vnto the wise, and knowledge to them that know vnderstanding.

22 He reuealeth the deepe and secret things: hee knoweth what is in the darknes, & the light dwelleth with him.

23 I thanke thee and praise thee, O thou God of my fathers, who hast giuen me wisedome and might, and hast made knowen vnto me now what we desired of thee: for thou hast now made knowen vnto vs the kings matter.

24 ¶ Therefore Daniel went in vnto Arioch whom the king had ordained to destroy the wise men of Babylon: he went and said thus vnto him, Destroy not the wise men of Babylon: bring me in before the king, and I will shew vnto the king the interpretation.

25 Then Arioch brought in Daniel before the king in haste, & said thus vnto him, I haue found a man of the captiues of Iudah, that will make knowen vnto the king the interpretation.

26 The King answered and said to Daniel whose name was Belteshazzar, Art thou able to make knowen vnto me the dreame which I haue seene, and the interpretation thereof?

27 Daniel answered in the presence of the King, and said, The secret which the King hath demanded, cannot the wise men, the astrologians, the magicians, þe southsaiers shew vnto the king:

28 But there is a God in heauen that reuealeth secrets, and maketh knowen to the king Nebuchad-nezzar, what shalbe in the latter dayes. Thy dreame, and the visions of thy head vpon thy bed, are these.

29 As for thee, O King, thy thoughts came into thy minde vpon thy bed, what should come to passe hereafter: and he that reuealeth secrets, maketh knowen to thee, what shall come to passe.

30 But as for me, this secret is not reuealed to me, for any wisdome that I haue more then any liuing, but for their sakes that shall make knowen the interpretation to the King, and that thou mightest know the thoughts of thy heart.

31 ¶ Thou, O King, sawest, and behold a great image: this great image whose brightnesse was excelleut, stood before thee, and the forme thereof was terrible.

32 This images head was of fine gold, his breast and his armes of siluer, his belly and his thighes of brasse:

33 His legs of yron, his feete part of yron, and part of clay.

34 Thou sawest till that a stone was cut out without hands, which smote the image vpon his feete that were of yron and clay, and brake them to pieces.

35 Then was the yron, the clay, the brasse, the siluer, and the golde broken to pieces together, and became like the chaffe of the summer threshing floores, and the wind caried them away, that no place was found for them: & the stone that smote the image became a great mountaine, and filled the whole earth.

36 ¶ This is the dreame, and we will tell the interpretation thereof before the King.

37 Thou, O King, art a king of Kings: for the God of heauen hath giuen thee a kingdome, power, and strength, and glory.

38 And wheresoeuer the children of men dwel, the beasts of the field, and the foules of the heauen hath he giuen into thine hand, and hath made thee ruler ouer them all: thou art this head of gold.

39 And after thee shall arise an other kingdome inferiour to thee, and another third kingdome of brasse, which shall beare rule ouer all the earth.

40 And the fourth kingdome shall be strong as yron: forasmuch as yron breaketh in pieces and subdueth all things; and as yron that breaketh all these, shall it breake in pieces and bruise.

41 And whereas thou sawest the feete and toes, part of potters clay, and part of yron: the kingdome shalbe diuided, but there shalbe in it of the strength of the yron, forasmuch as thou sawest the yron mixt with myrie clay.

42 And as the toes of the feete were part of yron, and part of clay; so the kingdome shall be partly strong, and partly broken.

43 And whereas thou sawest yron mixt with myrie clay, they shall mingle themselues with the seede of men: but they shall not cleaue one to an other, euen as yron is not mixed with clay.

44 And in the daies of these Kings shall the God of heauen set vp a kingdome, which shall neuer be destroyed: and the Kingdome shall not be left to other people, but it shall breake in pieces, and consume all these kingdomes, and it shall stand for euer.

45 Forasmuch as thou sawest that the stone was cut out of the mountaine without hands, and that it brake in pieces the yron, the brasse, the clay, the siluer, and the gold: the great God hath made knowen to the King what shall come to passe hereafter, & the dreame is certaine, and the interpretation thereof sure.

46 ¶ Then the King Nebuchadnezzar fell vpon his face, and worshipped Daniel, and commanded that they should offer an oblation, and sweet odours vnto him.

47 The King answered vnto Daniel and said, Of a trueth it is, that your God is a God of gods, and a Lord of Kings, and a reuealer of secrets, seeing thou couldest reueale this secret.

48 Then the King made Daniel a great man, and gaue him many great gifts, & made him ruler ouer the whole prouince of Babylon, and chiefe of the gouernours ouer all the wise men of Babylon.

49 Then Daniel requested of the King, and he set Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego ouer the affaires of the prouince of Babylon: but Daniel sate in the gate of the King.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:43 am
Daniel
Chapter 3

1 Nebuchad-nezzar the king made an image of gold, whose height was threescore cubits, and þe breadth thereof sixe cubites: he set it vp in the plaine of Dura, in the prouince of Babylon.

2 Then Nebuchad-nezzar the king sent to gather together the Princes, the Gouernours, and the Captaines, the Iudges, the Treasurers, the Counsellers, the Sherifes, and all the rulers of the Prouinces, to come to the dedication of the image which Nebuchad-nezzar the King had set vp.

3 Then the Princes, the Gouernours and Captaines, the Iudges, the Treasurers, the Counsellers, the Sherifes, and all the rulers of the Prouinces were gathered together vnto the dedicatiō of the image, that Nebuchadnezzar the King had set vp, and they stood before the image that Nebuchadnezzar had set vp.

4 Then an herauld cryed aloud, To you it is commaunded, O people, nations, and languages,

5 That at what time yee heare the sound of the cornet, flute, harpe, sackbut, psalterie, dulcimer, and all kinds of musicke, yee fall downe, and worship the golden image that Nebuchad-nezzar the King hath set vp:

6 And who so falleth not down and worshippeth, shall the same houre bee cast into the middest of a burning fierie furnace.

7 Therefore at that time, when all the people heard the sound of the cornet, flute, harpe, sackbut, psalterie, and all kindes of musicke, all the people, the nations, and the languages fell downe and worshipped the golden image, that Nebuchad-nezzar the King had set vp.

8 ¶ Wherefore at that time certaine Caldeans came neere, and accused the Iewes.

9 They spake and sayd to the King Nebuchad-nezzar, O King, liue for euer.

10 Thou, O King, hast made a decree, that euery man that shal heare the sound of the cornet, flute, harpe, sackbut, psalterie, and dulcimer, and all kinds of musicke, shall fall downe and worship the golden image:

11 And who so falleth not downe & worshippeth, that he should be cast into the midst of a burning fierie furnace.

12 There are certain Iewes whom thou hast set ouer the affaires of the prouince of Babylon, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: these men, O King, haue not regarded thee, they serue not thy gods, nor worship the golden image, which thou hast set vp.

13 ¶ Then Nebuchad-nezzar in his rage and furie commaunded to bring Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: then they brought these men before the King.

14 Nebuchad-nezzar spake and said vnto them, Is it true, O Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego? doe not yee serue my gods, nor worship the golden image which I haue set vp?

15 Now if ye be ready that at what time yee heare the sound of the cornet, flute, harpe, sackbut, psalterie, and dulcimer, and all kindes of musicke, ye fall downe, and worship the image which I haue made, well: but if yee worship not, ye shall be cast the same houre into the midst of a fierie furnace, and who is that God that shall deliuer you out of my handes?

16 Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego answered and said to the king; O Nebuchad-nezzar, we are not carefull to answere thee in this matter.

17 If it be so, our God whom wee serue, is able to deliuer vs from the burning fierie furnace, and he will deliuer vs out of thine hand, O king.

18 But if not, bee it knowen vnto thee, O king, that we will not serue thy gods, nor worship thy golden image, which thou hast set vp.

19 ¶ Then was Nebuchad-nezzar full of furie, and the forme of his visage was changed against Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego: therefore he spake and commanded, that they should heat the furnace one seuen times more then it was wont to be heat.

20 And hee commaunded the most mighty men that were in his armie, to binde Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, and to cast them into the burning fierie furnace.

21 Then these men were bound in their coates, their hosen, and their hats, and their other garments, and were cast into the midst of the burning fierie furnace.

22 Therefore because the Kings commandement was vrgent, and the furnace exceeding hot, the flame of the fire slew those men that tooke vp Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego.

23 And these three men, Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, fell downe bound into the midst of the burning fierie furnace.

24 Then Nebuchad-nezzar the king was astonied, and rose vp in haste, and spake and said vnto his counsellers, Did not wee cast three men bound into the midst of the fire? They answered and said vnto the king; True, O king.

25 He answered and said, Loe, I see foure men loose, walking in the midst of the fire, and they haue no hurt, and the forme of the fourth is like the sonne of God.

26 ¶ Then Nebuchad-nezzar came neere to the mouth of the burning fierie furnace, and spake and said, Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego, ye seruants of the most High God, come forth, and come hither. Then Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego came forth of the midst of the fire.

27 And the princes, gouernours, and captaines, and the kings counsellers, being gathered together, saw these men, vpon whose bodies the fire had no power, nor was an haire of their head singed, neither were their coats changed, nor the smell of fire had passed on them.

28 Then Nebuchad-nezzar spake and said; Blessed bee the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, who hath sent his Angel, and deliuered his seruants that trusted in him, and haue changed the Kings word, and yeelded their bodies, that they might not serue nor worship any God, except their owne God.

29 Therefore I make a decree, That euery people, nation, and language, which speake any thing amisse against the God of Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego, shall be cut in pieces, and their houses shall be made a dunghill, because there is no other God, that can deliuer after this sort.

30 Then the King promoted Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego in the prouince of Babylon.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2018 10:16 am
Daniel
Chapter 4

1 Nebuchad-nezzar the king, vnto all people, nations, and languages that dwell in all the earth, Peace be multiplied vnto you.

2 I thought it good to shew the signes, and wonders, that the high God hath wrought toward me.

3 How great are his signes? and how mighty are his wonders? his kingdome is an euerlasting kingdome, and his dominion is frō generation to generation.

4 ¶ I Nebuchadnezzar was at rest in mine house, and flourishing in my palace.

5 I saw a dreame which made me afraid, and the thoughts vpon my bed, and the visions of my head troubled me.

6 Therefore made I a decree, to bring in all the wise men of Babylon before mee, that they might make knowen vnto me the interpretation of the dreame.

7 Then came in the Magicians, the Astrologers, the Caldeans, and the Southsayers: and I tolde the dreame before them; but they did not make knowen vnto mee the interpretation thereof.

8 ¶ But at the last Daniel came in before me, (whose name was Belteshazzar, according to the name of my God, and in whom is the spirit of the holy Gods) & before him I told the dreame, saying,

9 O Belteshazzar, master of the Magicians, because I know that the spirit of the holy Gods is in thee, and no secret troubleth thee, tell me the visions of my dreame that I haue seene, and the interpretation thereof.

10 Thus were the visions of mine head in my bed: I saw, and behold, a tree in the middest of the earth, and the height thereof was great.

11 The tree grew, and was strong, and the height thereof reached vnto heauen, and the sight thereof to the end of all the earth.

12 The leaues thereof were faire, and the fruite thereof much, and in it was meate for all: the beasts of the field had shadow vnder it, and the foules of the heauen dwelt in the boughes thereof, and all flesh was fed of it.

13 I sawe in the visions of my head vpon my bed, & behold, a watcher and an holy one came downe from heauen.

14 He cryed aloude, and said thus; Hew downe the tree, and cut off his branches; shake off his leaues, and scatter his fruite; let the beasts get away from vnder it, and the foules from his branches.

15 Neuerthelesse leaue the stumpe of his rootes in the earth, euen with a band of yron and brasse, in the tender grasse of the field, and let it be wet with the dew of heauen, and let his portion be with the beastes in the grasse of the earth.

16 Let his heart bee changed from mans, and let a beasts heart be giuen vnto him, and let seuen times passe ouer him.

17 This matter is by the decree of the watchers, and the demaund by the word of the Holy ones: to the intent that the liuing may know, that the most High ruleth in the kingdome of men, and giueth it to whomsoeuer hee will, and setteth vp ouer it the basest of men.

18 This dreame, I king Nebuchadnezzar haue seene: Now thou, O Belteshazzar, declare the interpretation thereof, forasmuch as all the Wise men of my kingdome are not able to make knowen vnto mee the interpretation: but thou art able, for the spirit of the holy Gods is in thee.

19 ¶ Then Daniel (whose name was Belteshazzar) was astonied for one houre, and his thoughts troubled him: The King spake, and said, Belteshazzar, let not the dreame, or the interpretation thereof trouble thee. Belteshazzar answered; and said; My lord, the dreame be to them that hate thee, and the interpretation thereof to thine enemies.

20 The tree that thou sawest, which grew, and was strong, whose height reached vnto the heauen, and the sight thereof to all the earth:

21 Whose leaues were faire, and the fruit thereof much, and in it was meate for all, vnder which the beasts of the field dwelt, and vpon whose branches the foules of the heauen had their habitation:

22 It is thou, O King, that art growen and become strong: for thy greatnesse is growen and reacheth vnto heauen, and thy dominion to the end of the earth.

23 And whereas the King saw a watcher, and an holy one comming downe from heauen, and saying, Hew the tree downe, and destroy it, yet leaue the stumpe of the rootes thereof in the earth, euen with a band of yron and brasse in the tender grasse of the field, and let it be wet with the dewe of heauen, and let his portion be with the beasts of the field, till seuen times passe ouer him:

24 This is the interpretation, O king, & this is the decree of the most Hie, which is come vpon my lord the king:

25 That they shall driue thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field, and they shall make thee to eate grasse as oxen, and they shall wet thee with the dew of heauen, and seuen times shall passe ouer thee, till thou know that the most high ruleth in the kingdome of men, and giueth it to whomsoeuer he will.

26 And whereas they commanded to leaue the stumpe of the tree rootes; thy kingdome shall be sure vnto thee, after that thou shalt haue knowen that the heauens doe rule.

27 Wherefore, O King, let my counsell be acceptable vnto thee, and breake off thy sinnes by righteousnesse, and thine iniquities by shewing mercy to the poore; if it may be a lengthening of thy tranquillitie.

28 ¶ All this came vpon the King Nebuchad-nezzar.

29 At the end of twelue moneths he walked in the palace of the kingdome of Babylon.

30 The King spake, and said, Is not this great Babylon, that I haue built for the house of the kingdome, by the might of my power, and for the honour of my maiestie?

31 While the word was in the Kings mouth, there fell a voice from heauen, saying, O King Nebuchad-nezzar, to thee it is spoken; The kingdome is departed from thee.

32 And they shall driue thee from men, and thy dwelling shall be with the beasts of the field; they shall make thee to eate grasse as oxen, and seuen times shall passe ouer thee, vntill thou know that the most high ruleth in the kingdome of men, and giueth it to whomsoeuer he will.

33 The same houre was the thing fulfilled vpon Nebuchad-nezzar, and he was driuen from men, and did eate grasse as oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heauen, till his haires were growen like Egles feathers, and his nailes like birds clawes.

34 And at the end of the dayes, I Nebuchad-nezzar lift vp mine eyes vnto heauen, and mine vnderstanding returned vnto me, and I blessed the most high, and I praised, and honoured him that liueth for euer, whose dominion is an euerlasting dominion, and his kingdome is from generation to generation.

35 And all the inhabitants of the earth are reputed as nothing: and hee doth according to his will in the armie of heauen, and among the inhabitants of the earth: and none can stay his hand, or say vnto him, What doest thou?

36 At the same time my reason returned vnto me, and for the glory of my kingdome, mine honour, and brightnes returned vnto me, and my counsellers, and my Lords sought vnto me, and I was established in my kingdome, and excellent Maiestie was added vnto me.

37 Now I Nebuchad-nezzar praise, and extoll and honour the King of heauen, all whose workes are truth, and his waies iudgement, and those that walke in pride he is able to abase.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:24 am
Daniel
Chapter 5

1 Belshazzar the King made a great feast to a thousand of his Lords, and dranke wine before the thousand.

2 Belshazzar, whiles he tasted the wine, commaunded to bring the golden and siluer vessels, which his father Nebuchad-nezzar had taken out of the temple which was in Ierusalem, that the king and his princes, his wiues, and his concubines might drinke therein.

3 Then they brought the golden vessels that were taken out of the temple of the house of God, which was at Ierusalem, and the king and his princes, his wiues, and his concubines dranke in them.

4 They drunke wine, and praised the gods of gold and of siluer, of brasse, of yron, of wood, and of stone.

5 ¶ In the same houre came forth fingers of a mans hand, and wrote ouer against the candlesticke vpon the plaister of the wall of the Kings palace, and the king saw the part of the hand that wrote.

6 Then the kings countenance was changed, and his thoughts troubled him, so that the ioints of his loines were loosed, and his knees smote one against another.

7 The king cried aloud to bring in the Astrologers, the Caldeans, and the soothsayers: and the king spake and said to the wise men of Babylon, Whosoeuer shall reade this writing, and shewe me the interpretation thereof, shall bee clothed with scarlet, and haue a chaine of gold about his necke, and shall be the third ruler in the kingdome.

8 Then came in all the kings wise men, but they could not reade the writing, nor make knowen to the king the interpretation thereof.

9 Then was King Belshazzar greatly troubled, and his countenance was changed in him, and his lordes were astonied.

10 ¶ Now the queene, by reason of the wordes of the king and his lords, came into the banquet house, and the queene spake and said, O king, liue for euer: let not thy thoughts trouble thee, nor let thy countenance be changed.

11 There is a man in thy kingdom, in whome is the spirit of the holy gods, and in the dayes of thy father light and vnderstanding and wisedome like the wisedome of the gods, was found in him: whom the king Nebuchad-nezzar thy father, the king, Isay, thy father made master of the magicians, astrologers, Caldeans, and soothsayers,

12 Forasmuch as an excellent spirit and knowledge and vnderstanding, interpreting of dreames, and shewing of hard sentences, & dissoluing of doubts were found in the same Daniel, whom the king named Belteshazzar: now let Daniel be called, and he will shewe the interpretation.

13 Then was Daniel brought in before the king, and the king spake and said vnto Daniel, Art thou that Daniel, which art of the children of the captiuity of Iudah, whom the king my father brought out of Iewrie?

14 I haue euen heard of thee, that the spirit of the gods is in thee, and that light, and vnderstanding, and excellent wisedome is found in thee.

15 And now the wise men, the astrologers haue bene brought in before me, that they should reade this writing, and make knowen vnto me the interpretation thereof: but they could not shewe the interpretation of the thing.

16 And I haue heard of thee, that thou canst make interpretations, and dissolue doubts: now if thou canst read the writing, and make knowen to mee the interpretation thereof, thou shalt be clothed with scarlet, & haue a chaine of gold about thy necke, and shalt bee the third ruler in the kingdome.

17 ¶ Then Daniel answered and said before the king, Let thy gifts be to thy selfe, and giue thy rewards to an other, yet I will reade the writing vnto the king, and make knowen to him the interpretation.

18 O thou king, the most high God gaue Nebuchad-nezzar thy father a kingdome, and maiestie, and glory, and honour.

19 And for the maiestie that hee gaue him, all people, nations, and languages trembled and feared before him: whom he would, he slew, & whom he would, he kept aliue, and whom he would hee set vp, and whom he would hee put downe.

20 But when his heart was lifted vp, and his minde hardened in pride: hee was deposed from his kingly throne, and they tooke his glory from him.

21 And hee was driuen from the sonnes of men, and his heart was made like the beasts, and his dwelling was with the wilde asses: they fed him with grasse like oxen, and his body was wet with the dew of heauen, till hee knew that the most high God ruled in the kingdome of men, and that hee appointeth ouer it whomsoeuer he will.

22 And thou his sonne, O Belshazzar, hast not humbled thine heart, though thou knewest all this:

23 But hast lifted vp thy selfe against the Lord of heauen, and they haue brought the vessels of his house before thee, and thou and thy lords, thy wiues and thy concubines haue drunke wine in them, and thou hast praised the gods of siluer, and golde, of brasse, yron, wood and stone, which see not, nor heare, nor knowe: and the God in whose hande thy breath is, and whose are all thy wayes, hast thou not glorified.

24 Then was the part of the hand sent from him, and this writing was written.

25 ¶ And this is the writing that was written, MENE, MENE, TEKEL VPHARSIN.

26 This is the interpretation of the thing, MENE, God hath numbred thy kingdome, and finished it.

27 TEKEL, thou art weighed in the balances, and art found wanting.

28 PERES, thy kingdome is diuided, and giuen to the Medes and Persians.

29 Then commanded Belshazzar, and they clothed Daniel with scarlet, and put a chaine of gold about his necke, and made a Proclamation concerning him, that he should be the third ruler in the kingdome.

30 ¶ In that night was Belshazzar the king of the Caldeans slaine.

31 And Darius the Median tooke the kingdome, being about threescore and two yeere old.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games