Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:05 am
Daniel
Chapter 6
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 It pleased Darius to set ouer the kingdome an hundred and twenty Princes, which should be ouer the whole kingdome.

2 And ouer these, three Presidents, (of whom Daniel was first) that the Princes might giue accompts vnto them, and the King should haue no damage.

3 Then this Daniel was preferred aboue the Presidents, and Princes, because an excellent spirit was in him, and the king thought to set him ouer the whole realme.

4 ¶ Then the Presidents and Princes sought to finde occasion against Daniel concerning the kingdome, but they could finde none occasion, nor fault: forasmuch as he was faithfull, neither was there any errour or fault found in him.

5 Then said these men, We shall not finde any occasion against this Daniel, except wee finde it against him concerning the Law of his God.

6 Then these Presidents and Princes assembled together to the king, and said thus vnto him, King Darius, liue foreuer.

7 All the Presidents of the kingdome, the gouernours, and the Princes, the counsellers and the captaines haue consulted together to establish a royall statute, and to make a firme decree, that whosoeuer shall aske a petition of any God or man for thirty dayes, saue of thee, O King, hee shall be cast into the denne of Lions.

8 Now, O king, establish the decree, and signe the writing, that it be not changed, according to the law of the Medes & Persians, which altereth not.

9 Wherefore King Darius signed the writing and the decree.

10 ¶ Now when Daniel knew that the writing was signed, hee went into his house, and his windowes being open in his chamber toward Ierusalem, hee kneeled vpon his knees three times a day, and prayed, and gaue thankes before his God, as hee did afore time.

11 Then these men assembled, and found Daniel praying, and making supplication before his God.

12 Then they came neere, and spake before the king concerning the kings decree; Hast thou not signed a decree, that euery man that shall aske a petition of any God or man, within thirty dayes, saue of thee, O king, shalbe cast into the denne of Lions? The king answered and said, The thing is true, according to the law of the Medes and Persians, which altereth not.

13 Then answered they and said before the king; That Daniel which is of the captiuity of the children of Iudah, regardeth not thee, O king, nor the decree that thou hast signed, but maketh his petition three times a day.

14 Then the king, when hee heard these wordes, was sore displeased with himselfe, and set his heart on Daniel to deliuer him: and he laboured till the going downe of the sunne, to deliuer him.

15 Then these men assembled vnto the king, and said vnto the king, Know O king, that the law of the Medes and Persians is, that no decree nor statute which the king establisheth, may bee changed.

16 Then the king commanded, and they brought Daniel, and cast him into the denne of Lions: now the king spake and saide vnto Daniel; Thy God, whom thou seruest continually, he will deliuer thee.

17 And a stone was brought and laid vpon the mouth of the denne, and the King sealed it with his owne signet, and with the signet of his lords; that the purpose might not be changed concerning Daniel.

18 ¶ Then the king went to his palace, and passed the night fasting: neither were instruments of musicke brought before him, and his sleepe went from him.

19 Then the king arose very early in the morning, and went in haste vnto the den of Lyons.

20 And when he came to the den, he cryed with a lamentable voice vnto Daniel, and the king spake and said to Daniel: O Daniel, seruant of the liuing God, Is thy God whom thou seruest continually, able to deliuer thee from the Lyons?

21 Then said Daniel vnto the king, O king, liue for euer.

22 My God hath sent his Angel, and hath shut the lyons mouthes that they haue not hurt me: forasmuch as before him, innocencie was found in me; and also before thee, O king, haue I done no hurt.

23 Then was the king exceeding glad for him, and commanded that they should take Daniel vp out of the denne: so Daniel was taken vp out of the den, and no maner of hurt was found vpon him, because he beleeued in his God.

24 ¶ And the king commanded, and they brought those men which had accused Daniel, and they cast them into the den of Lyons, them, their children, and their wiues: and the Lyons had the mastery of them, and brake all their bones in pieces or euer they came at the bottome of the den.

25 ¶ Then king Darius wrote vnto all people, nations, and languages that dwell in all the earth; Peace be multiplied vnto you.

26 I make a decree, That in euery dominion of my kingdome, men tremble and feare before the God of Daniel: for he is the liuing God, and stedfast for euer, and his kingdome that, which shal not be destroyed, and his dominion shall be euen vnto the end.

27 He deliuereth and rescueth, and he worketh signes and wonders in heauen and in earth: who hath deliuered Daniel from the power of the lyons.

28 So this Daniel prospered in the reigne of Darius, and in the reigne of Cyrus the Persian.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:18 am
Daniel
Chapter 7

1 In the first yeere of Belshazzar king of Babylon, Daniel had a dreame, and visions of his head vpon his bed: then he wrote the dreame, and tolde the summe of the matters.

2 Daniel spake, and said, I saw in my vision by night, & behold, the foure windes of the heauen stroue vpon the great Sea.

3 And foure great beastes came vp from the sea, diuers one from another.

4 The first was like a Lyon, and had Eagles wings: I beheld till the wings thereof were pluckt, and it was lifted vp from the earth, and made stand vpon the feete as a man, and a mans heart was giuen to it.

5 And behold, another beast, a second, like to a Beare, and it raised vp it selfe on one side, and it had three ribbes in the mouth of it betweene the teeth of it, and they said thus vnto it, Arise, deuoure much flesh.

6 After this I beheld, and loe, another like a Leopard, which had vpon the backe of it foure wings of a foule, the beast had also foure heads, and dominion was giuen to it.

7 After this I saw in the night visions, and behold, a fourth beast, dreadfull and terrible, and strong exceedingly; and it had great yron teeth: it deuoured and brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with the feete of it, and it was diuers from all the beasts that were before it, and it had ten hornes.

8 I considered the hornes, and behold, there came vp among them another little horne, before whom there were three of the first hornes pluckt vp by the roots: and behold, in this horne were eyes like the eyes of man, and a mouth speaking great things.

9 ¶ I beheld till the thrones were cast downe, and the Ancient of dayes did sit, whose garment was white as snow, and the haire of his head like the pure wooll: his throne was like the fierie flame, and his wheeles as burning fire.

10 A fierie streame issued, and came foorth from before him: thousand thousands ministred vnto him, and ten thousand times ten thousand stood before him: the iudgement was set, and the bookes were opened.

11 I beheld then, because of the voice of the great words which the horne spake: I beheld euen till the beast was slaine, and his body destroyed, and giuen to the burning flame.

12 As concerning the rest of the beasts, they had their dominion taken away: yet their liues were prolonged for a season and time.

13 I saw in the night visions, and behold, one like the sonne of man, came with the clouds of heauen, and came to the Ancient of daies, and they brought him neere before him.

14 And there was giuen him dominion and glory, and a kingdome, that all people, nations, and languages should serue him: his dominion is an euerlasting dominion, which shall not passe away; and his kingdome that, which shall not be destroyed.

15 ¶ I Daniel was grieued in my spirit in the midst of my body, and the visions of my head troubled me.

16 I came neere vnto one of them that stood by, and asked him the truth of all this: so he told mee, and made me know the interpretation of the things.

17 These great beasts, which are foure, are foure Kings, which shall arise out of the earth.

18 But the Saints of the most high shall take the kingdome, & possesse the kingdome for euer, euen for euer & euer.

19 Then I would know the truth of the fourth beast, which was diuerse from al the others, exceeding dreadful, whose teeth were of yron, and his nailes of brasse, which deuoured, brake in pieces, and stamped the residue with his feete,

20 And of the ten hornes that were in his head, and of the other, which came vp, and before whom three fell, euen of that horne that had eyes, and a mouth that spake very great things, whose looke was more stout then his fellowes.

21 I beheld, and the same horne made warre with the Saints, and preuailed against them;

22 Untill the Ancient of daies came, and iudgment was giuen to the Saints of the most high: and the time came that the Saints possessed the kingdome.

23 Thus he said, The fourth beast shall be the fourth kingdome vpon earth, which shall be diuerse from all kingdomes, & shall deuoure the whole earth, and shall tread it downe, and breake it in pieces.

24 And the tenne hornes out of this kingdome are tenne Kings that shall arise: and an other shall rise after them, and he shall be diuerse from the first, and he shall subdue three Kings.

25 And he shall speake great words against the most high, and shall weare out the Saints of the most high, and thinke to change times, and lawes: and they shall be giuen into his hand, vntill a time and times, & the diuiding of time.

26 But the iudgement shall sit, and they shall take away his dominion, to consume, and to destroy it vnto the end.

27 And the kingdome and dominion, and the greatnesse of the kingdome vnder the whole heauen, shall be giuen to the people of the Saints of the most high, whose kingdome is an euerlasting kingdome, and all dominions shall serue and obey him.

28 Hitherto is the end of the matter. As for me Daniel, my cogitations much troubled me, and my countenance changed in me: but I kept the matter in my heart.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 12:19 pm
Daniel
Chapter 8

1 In the third yeere of the reigne of King Belshazzar, a vision appeared vnto mee, euen vnto me Daniel, after that which appeared vnto me at the first.

2 And I saw in a vision (and it came to passe when I saw, that I was at Shushan in the palace, which is in the prouince of Elam) and I saw in a vision, and I was by the riuer of Ulai.

3 Then I lifted vp mine eyes, and saw, and behold, there stood before the riuer, a ramme which had two hornes, and the two hornes were high: but one was higher then the other, and the higher came vp last.

4 I saw the ramme pushing Westward, & Northward, and Southward: so that no beasts might stand before him, neither was there any that could deliuer out of his hand, but he did according to his will, and became great.

5 And as I was considering, behold, an he goat came frō the west on the face of the whole earth, & touched not the ground: and the goate had a notable horne betweene his eyes.

6 And he came to the ramme that had two hornes, which I had seene standing before the riuer, and ranne vnto him in the furie of his power.

7 And I saw him come close vnto the ramme, and he was mooued with choler against him, and smote the ramme, and brake his two hornes, and there was no power in the ramme to stand before him, but he cast him downe to the ground, and stamped vpon him, and there was none that could deliuer the ramme out of his hand.

8 Therefore the hee goate waxed very great, and when he was strong, the great horne was broken: and for it came vp foure notable ones, toward the foure windes of heauen.

9 And out of one of them came forth a litle horne, which waxed exceeding great, toward the South, and toward the East, and toward the pleasant land.

10 And it waxed great euen to the hoste of heauen, and it cast downe some of the hoste, and of the starres to the ground, and stamped vpon them.

11 Yea he magnified himselfe euen to the prince of the hoste, and by him the dayly sacrifice was taken away, and the place of his Sanctuary was cast down.

12 And an hoste was giuen him against the daily sacrifice by reason of transgression, and it cast downe the trueth to the ground, and it practised, and prospered.

13 ¶ Then I heard one Saint speaking, and another Saint saide vnto that certaine Saint which spake, How long shall bee the vision concerning the daily sacrifice, and the transgression of desolation, to giue both the Sanctuary, and the hoste to be troden vnder foot?

14 And he said vnto me, Unto two thousand and three hundred dayes: then shall the Sanctuary be clensed.

15 ¶ And it came to passe, when I, euen I Daniel had seene the vision, and sought for the meaning, then beholde, there stood before me as the appearance of a man.

16 And I heard a mans voyce betweene the bankes of Ulai, which called and said, Gabriel, make this man to vnderstand the vision.

17 So he came neere where I stood: and when he came, I was afraid, and fell vpon my face: but he said vnto mee, Understand, O sonne of man: for at the time of the end shalbe the vision.

18 Now as he was speaking with me, I was in a deepe sleepe on my face toward the ground: but he touched me, and set me vpright.

19 And he said, Behold, I wil make thee know what shall be in the last end of the indignation: for at the time appointed the end shalbe.

20 The ramme which thou sawest hauing two hornes, are the kings of Media, and Persia.

21 And the rough goat is the king of Grecia, and the great horne that is betweene his eyes, is the first king.

22 Now that being broken, whereas foure stood vp for it, foure kingdomes shall stand vp out of the nation, but not in his power.

23 And in the latter time of their kingdome, when the transgressours are come to the full, a king of fierce countenance, and vnderstanding darke sentences, shall stand vp.

24 And his power shall be mighty, but not by his owne power: and hee shall destroy wonderfully, and shall prosper, and practise, and shall destroy the mightie, and the holy people.

25 And through his policie also hee shall cause craft to prosper in his hand, and hee shall magnifie himselfe in his heart, and by peace shal destroy many: he shall also stand vp against the prince of princes, but he shalbe broken without hand.

26 And the vision of the euening, and the morning, which was tolde, is true: wherfore shut thou vp the vision, for it shalbe for many dayes.

27 And I Daniel fainted and was sicke certaine dayes: afterward I rose vp and did the kings businesse, and I was astonished at the vision, but none vnderstood it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 10:53 am
Daniel
Chapter 9

1 In the first yeere of Darius the sonne of Ahasuerus, of the seede of the Medes, which was made King ouer the realme of the Caldeans,

2 In the first yeere of his reigne, I Daniel vnderstood by bookes the number of the yeeres, whereof the word of the Lord came to Ieremiah the Prophet, that he would accomplish seuentie yeeres in the desolations of Ierusalem.

3 ¶ And I set my face vnto the Lord God to seeke by prayer, and supplications, with fasting, and sackcloth, and ashes.

4 And I prayed vnto the Lord my God, and made my confession, and said; O Lord, the great and dreadfull God, keeping the couenant, and mercy to them that loue him, and to them that keepe his Commandements:

5 We haue sinned, and haue committed iniquitie, and haue done wickedly, and haue rebelled, euen by departing from thy precepts, and from thy iudgements.

6 Neither haue we hearkened vnto thy seruants the Prophets, which spake in thy Name to our kings, our princes, and our fathers, and to all the people of the land.

7 O Lord, righteousnes belongeth vnto thee, but vnto vs confusion of faces, as at this day: to the men of Iudah, and to the inhabitants of Ierusalem, and vnto all Israel that are neere, and that are farre off, through all the countreys whither thou hast driuen them, because of their trespasse, that they haue trespassed against thee.

8 O Lord, to vs belongeth confusion of face, to our kings, to our princes, and to our fathers; because we haue sinned against thee.

9 To the Lord our God belong mercies and forgiuenesses, though we haue rebelled against him.

10 Neither haue we obeyed the voice of the Lord our God, to walke in his Lawes which he set before vs, by his seruants the Prophets.

11 Yea, all Israel haue transgressed thy Law, euen by departing, that they might not obey thy voice, therefore the curse is powred vpon vs, and the othe that is written in the Law of Moses the seruant of God, because we haue sinned against him.

12 And he hath confirmed his words which he spake against vs, and against our Iudges that iudged vs, by bringing vpon vs a great euill: for vnder the whole heauen hath not bene done, as hath bene done vpon Ierusalem.

13 As it is written in the Law of Moses, all this euill is come vpon vs: yet made we not our prayer before the Lord our God, that we might turne from our iniquities, and vnderstand thy trueth.

14 Therefore hath the Lord watched vpon the euil, and brought it vpon vs: for the Lord our God is righteous in all his workes, which he doeth: for we obeyed not his voice.

15 And now O Lord our God, that hast brought thy people forth out of the land of Egypt with a mighty hand, and hast gotten thee renowne, as at this day, wee haue sinned, wee haue done wickedly.

16 ¶ O Lord, according to all thy righteousnes, I beseech thee, let thine anger and thy furie bee turned away from thy citie Ierusalem, thy holy Mountaine: because for our sinnes, and for the iniquities of our fathers, Ierusalem and thy people are become a reproch to all that are about vs.

17 Now therefore, O our God, heare the prayer of thy seruant, and his supplications, and cause thy face to shine vpon thy Sanctuary that is desolate, for the Lords sake.

18 O my God, encline thine eare and heare: open thine eyes, and behold our desolations, & the city, which is called by thy name: for we do not present our supplications before thee for our righteousnesses, but for thy great mercies.

19 O Lord heare, O Lord forgiue, O Lord hearken and doe: deferre not for thine owne sake, O my God: for thy citie, & thy people are called by thy Name.

20 ¶ And whiles I was speaking, and praying, and confessing my sinne, and the sinne of my people Israel, and presenting my supplication before the Lord my God, for the holy Mountaine of my God:

21 Yea whiles I was speaking in praier, euen the man Gabriel, whom I had seene in the vision at the beginning, being caused to flie swiftly, touched me about the time of the euening oblation.

22 And he informed mee, and talked with mee, and said; O Daniel, I am now come foorth to giue thee skill and vnderstanding.

23 At the beginning of thy supplications the commandement came forth, and I am come to shew thee: for thou art greatly beloued: therefore vnderstand the matter, & consider the vision.

24 Seuentie weekes are determined vpon thy people, and vpon thy holy citie, to finish the transgression, and to make an ende of sinnes, and to make reconciliation for iniquitie, and to bring in euerlasting righteousnes, and to seale vp the vision and prophecie, and to anoynt the most Holy.

25 Know therefore and vnderstand, that from the going foorth of the commandement to restore and to build Ierusalem, vnto the Messiah the Prince, shall be seuen weekes; and threescore and two weekes, the street shall be built againe, and the wall, euen in troublous times.

26 And after threescore and two weekes, shall Messiah be cut off, but not for himselfe, and the people of the Prince that shall come, shall destroy the citie, and the Sanctuarie, and the ende thereof shall be with a flood, and vnto the ende of the warre desolations are determined.

27 And hee shall confirme the couenant with many for one weeke: and in the midst of the weeke he shall cause the sacrifice and the oblation to cease, and for the ouerspreading of abominations hee shall make it desolate, euen vntill the consummation, & that determined, shalbe powred vpon the desolate.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:01 pm
Daniel
Chapter 10

1 In the third yere of Cyrus King of Persia, a thing was reuealed vnto Daniel (whose name was called Belteshazzar) and the thing was true, but the time appointed was long, and he vnderstood the thing, and had vnderstanding of the vision.

2 In those dayes, I Daniel was mourning three full weekes.

3 I ate no pleasant bread, neither came flesh, nor wine in my mouth, neither did I anoynt my selfe at all, till three whole weekes were fulfilled.

4 And in the foure and twentieth day of the first moneth, as I was by the side of the great riuer, which is Hiddekel:

5 Then I lift vp mine eyes and looked, and behold, a certaine man clothed in linen, whose loynes were girded with fine gold of Uphaz.

6 His body also was like the Berill, and his face as the appearance of lightning, and his eyes as lampes of fire, and his armes, and his feete like in colour to polished brasse, and the voice of his words like the voice of a multitude.

7 And I Daniel alone saw the vision: for the men that were with mee saw not the vision: but a great quaking fell vpon them, so that they fled to hide themselues.

8 Therefore I was left alone, and saw this great vision, and there remained no strength in me: for my comelinesse was turned in me into corruption, and I retained no strength.

9 Yet heard I the voice of his words: and when I heard the voice of his wordes, then was I in a deepe sleepe on my face, and my face toward the ground.

10 ¶ And behold, an hand touched me, which set me vpon my knees, and vpon the palmes of my hands.

11 And hee said vnto me, O Daniel, a man greatly beloued, vnderstand the wordes that I speake vnto thee, and stand vpright: for vnto thee am I now sent; and when he had spoken this word vnto me, I stood trembling.

12 Then sayd hee vnto me; Feare not, Daniel: for from the first day that thou diddest set thine heart to vnderstand, and to chasten thy selfe before thy God, thy wordes were heard, and I am come for thy words.

13 But the prince of the kingdome of Persia withstood mee one and twentie dayes: but loe, Michael one of the chiefe Princes came to helpe mee, and I remained there with the Kings of Persia.

14 Now I am come to make thee vnderstand what shall befall thy people, in the latter dayes: for yet the vision is for many dayes.

15 And when hee had spoken such words vnto me, I set my face toward the ground, and I became dumbe.

16 And behold, one like the similitude of the sonnes of men touched my lippes: then I opened my mouth, and spake, and sayd vnto him that stoode before me; O my Lord, by the vision my sorrowes are turned vpon me, and I haue retained no strength.

17 For how can the seruant of this my Lord, talke with this my Lord? for as for me, straightway there remained no strength in mee, neither is there breath left in me.

18 Then there came againe and touched me one like the appearance of a man, and he strengthned me,

19 And said; O man greatly beloued, feare not: peace be vnto thee, be strong, yea be strong; and when he had spoken vnto me, I was strengthened, and said; Let my Lord speake; for thou hast strengthened me.

20 Then said hee, Knowest thou wherefore I come vnto thee? and now will I returne to fight with the prince of Persia: and when I am gone forth, loe, the prince of Grecia shall come.

21 But I will shew thee that which is noted in the Scripture of trueth: and there is none that holdeth with me in these things, but Michael your prince.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2018 8:49 am
Daniel
Chapter 11

1 Also I, in the first yeere of Darius the Mede, euen I stood to confirme and to strengthen him.

2 And now will I shew thee the trueth. Behold, there shall stand vp yet three Kings in Persia, & the fourth shalbe farre richer then they all: and by his strength through his riches he shall stirre vp all against the realme of Grecia.

3 And a mighty King shal stand vp, that shall rule with great dominion, and doe according to his will.

4 And when he shall stand vp, his kingdome shall be broken, and shall be diuided toward the foure winds of heauen; and not to his posteritie, nor according to his dominion which he ruled: for his kingdome shall be pluckt vp, euen for others besides those.

5 ¶ And the King of the South shall be strong, and one of his princes, and he shall be strong aboue him, and haue dominion: his dominion shall be a great dominion.

6 And in the end of yeeres they shall ioyne themselues together: for the Kings daughter of the South shall come to the King of the North to make an agreement, but she shall not retaine the power of the arme, neither shall he stand, nor his arme: but she shall be giuen vp, and they that brought her, and he that begate her, and he that strengthened her in these times.

7 But out of a branch of her rootes shall one stand vp in his estate, which shall come with an armie, and shall enter into the fortresse of the King of the North, and shall deale against them, and shall preuaile:

8 And shall also carie captiues into Egypt their gods with their princes, and with their precious vessels of siluer and of gold, and he shall continue moe yeeres then the King of the North.

9 So the King of the South shall come into his kingdome, and shall returne into his owne land.

10 But his sonnes shall be stirred vp, and shall assemble a multitude of great forces: and one shall certainly come and ouerflow and passe through: then shall he returne, and be stirred vp euen to his fortresse.

11 And the King of the South shall be moued with choler, and shall come forth and fight with him, euen with the King of the North: and hee shall set forth a great multitude, but the multitude shall be giuen into his hand.

12 And when he hath taken away the multitude, his heart shall be lifted vp: and he shall cast downe many tenne thousands: but he shall not be strengthened by it.

13 For the King of the North shall returne, and shall set forth a multitude greater then the former, and shall certainly come (after certaine yeeres) with a great armie & with much riches.

14 And in those times there shall many stand vp against the King of the South: also the robbers of thy people shall exalt themselues to establish the vision, but they shall fall.

15 So the King of the North shall come, and cast vp a mount, and take the most fenced cities, and the armes of the South shall not withstand, neither his chosen people, neither shall there be any strength to withstand.

16 But he that commeth against him, shall doe according to his owne will, and none shall stand before him: and he shall stand in the glorious land, which by his hand shall be consumed.

17 He shall also set his face to enter with the strength of his whole kingdome and vpright ones with him: thus shall he doe, and he shall giue him the daughter of women corrupting her: but she shall not stand on his side, neither be for him.

18 After this shall he turne his face vnto the yles, and shall take many, but a prince for his own behalfe shall cause the reproch offred by him to cease without his owne reproch: he shall cause it to turne vpon him.

19 Then he shall turne his face towards the fort of his owne lande: but he shall stumble and fall, and not bee found.

20 Then shall stand vp in his estate a raiser of taxes in the glory of the kingdome, but within few dayes he shall be destroyed, neither in anger, nor in battell.

21 And in his estate shall stand vp a vile person, to whom they shal not giue the honour of the kingdome: but hee shall come in peaceably, and obtaine the kingdome by flatteries.

22 And with the armes of a flood shall they bee ouerflowen from before him, and shall be broken: yea also the prince of the couenant.

23 And after the league made with him he shall worke deceitfully, for hee shall come vp, and shall become strong with a small people.

24 He shall enter peaceably euen vpon the fattest places of the prouince, and he shall doe that which his fathers haue not done, nor his fathers fathers, he shall scatter among them the praye and spoile, and riches: yea and he shall forecast his deuices against the strong holdes, euen for a time.

25 And he shall stirre vp his power, and his courage against the king of the South with a great army, and the king of the South shall bee stirred vp to battell with a very great and mightie armie: but he shall not stand: for they shall forecast deuices against him.

26 Yea they that feede of the portion of his meate, shall destroy him, and his armie shall ouerflow: and many shall fall downe slaine.

27 And both these kings hearts shall be to doe mischiefe, and they shall speake lies at one table: but it shall not prosper: for yet the end shall bee at the time appointed.

28 Then shall hee returne into his land with great riches, and his heart shall be against the holy couenant: and he shall doe exploits, and returne to his owne land.

29 At the time appointed he shall returne, and come toward the South: but it shall not be as the former, or as the latter.

30 ¶ For the ships of Chittim shall come against him: therefore he shall be grieued and returne, and haue indignation against the holy Couenant: so shal he doe, he shall euen returne, and haue intelligence with them that forsake the holy Couenant.

31 And armes shal stand on his part, and they shall pollute the Sanctuarie of strength, and shall take away the daily sacrifice, and they shal place the abomination that maketh desolate.

32 And such as doe wickedly against the couenant, shall he corrupt by flatteries: but the people that do know their God, shall be strong and doe exploits.

33 And they that vnderstand among the people shall instruct many: yet they shall fall by the sword, and by flame, by captiuitie, and by spoile many dayes.

34 Now when they shall fall, they shalbe holpen with a litle help: but many shall cleaue to them with flatteries.

35 And some of them of vnderstanding shall fall, to trie them, and to purge, and to make them white, euen to the time of the end: because it is yet for a time appointed.

36 And the king shall doe according to his will, and he shall exalt himselfe, and magnifie himselfe aboue euery god, and shall speake marueilous things against the God of gods, & shall prosper till the indignation be accomplished: for that that is determined, shall be done.

37 Neither shall hee regard the god of his fathers, nor the desire of women, nor regard any god: for he shall magnifie himselfe aboue all.

38 But in his estate shall he honour the god of forces: and a God whome his fathers knew not, shall hee honour with gold, and siluer, and with precious stones, and pleasant things.

39 Thus shall hee doe in the most strong holds with a strange god, whom he shall acknowledge and increase with glory: and he shall cause them to rule ouer many, and shall diuide the land for gaine.

40 And at the time of the end shall the king of the South push at him, and the king of the North shal come against him like a whirlewind with charets, and with horsemen, and with many ships, and he shall enter into the countreys, and shall ouerflow and passe ouer.

41 He shall enter also into the glorious land, and many countreys shall be ouerthrowen: but these shall escape out of his hand, euen Edom, and Moab, and the chiefe of the children of Ammon.

42 He shall stretch foorth his hand also vpon the countreys, and the land of Egypt shall not escape.

43 But he shall haue power ouer the treasures of gold and of siluer, and ouer all the precious things of Egypt: and the Libyans and the Ethiopians shalbe at his steps.

44 But tidings out of the East, and out of the North shall trouble him: therefore he shall goe foorth with great fury to destroy, and vtterly to make away many.

45 And hee shall plant the tabernacles of his palace betweene the seas in the glorious holy mountaine, yet he shall come to his end, and none shall helpe him.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2018 12:09 pm
Daniel
Chapter 12

1 And at that time shall Michael stand vp, the great Prince which standeth for the children of thy people, and there shalbe a time of trouble, such as neuer was since there was a nation, euen to that same time: and at that time thy people shalbe deliuered, euery one that shalbe found written in the booke.

2 And many of them that sleepe in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to euerlasting life, and some to shame and euerlasting contempt.

3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightnesse of the firmament, and they that turne many to righteousnesse, as the starres for euer and euer.

4 But thou, O Daniel, shut vp the wordes, and seale the booke euen to the time of the ende: many shall runne to and fro, and knowledge shall bee increased.

5 ¶ Then I Daniel looked, and behold, there stood other two, the one on this side of the banke of the riuer, and the other on that side of the banke of the riuer.

6 And one said to the man clothed in linnen, which was vpon the waters of the riuer; How long shall it bee to the end of these wonders?

7 And I heard the man clothed in linnen, which was vpon the waters of the riuer, when he held vp his right hand, and his left hand vnto heauen, and sware by him that liueth for euer, that it shalbe for a time, times, and an halfe: and when hee shall haue accomplished to scatter the power of the holy people, all these things shall bee finished.

8 And I heard, but I vnderstood not: then said I, O my Lord, what shalbe the end of these things?

9 And he said, Goe thy way, Daniel: for the wordes are closed vp and sealed till the time of the end.

10 Many shalbe purified, and made white and tried: but the wicked shall doe wickedly: and none of the wicked shall vnderstand, but the wise shall vnderstand.

11 And from the time that the dayly sacrifice shalbe taken away, and the abomination that maketh desolate set vp, there shalbe a thousand two hundred and ninetie dayes.

12 Blessed is he that waiteth, and commeth to the thousand, three hundred and fiue and thirtie dayes.

13 But goe thou thy way till the end be: for thou shalt rest, and stand in the lot at the end of the dayes.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2018 9:43 am
Hosea
Chapter 1

1 The word of the Lord that came vnto Hosea, the sonne of Beeri, in the dayes of Uzziah, Iotham, Ahaz, and Hezekiah kings of Iudah, and in the dayes of Ieroboam the sonne of Ioash king of Israel.

2 The beginning of the word of the Lord by Hosea: and the Lord sayd to Hosea, Goe, take vnto thee a wife of whoredomes, and children of whoredomes: for the land hath committed great whoredome, departing from the Lord.

3 So he went and tooke Gomer the daughter of Diblaim, which conceiued and bare him a sonne.

4 And the Lord said vnto him, Call his name Iezreel; for yet a little while, and I will auenge the blood of Iezreel vpon the house of Iehu, and will cause to cease the kingdome of the house of Israel.

5 And it shall come to passe at that day, that I will breake the bow of Israel in the valley of Iezreel.

6 ¶ And shee conceiued againe and bare a daughter, and God sayd vnto him, Call her name Lo-ruhamah: for I will no more haue mercy vpon the house of Israel: but I will vtterly take them away.

7 But I will haue mercy vpon the house of Iudah, and will saue them by the Lord their God, and will not saue them by vow, nor by sword, nor by battell, by horses nor by horsemen.

8 ¶ Now when shee had weaned Lo-ruhamah, she couceiued and bare a sonne.

9 Then sayde God, Call his name Lo-ammi: for yee are not my people, and I will not be your God.

10 ¶ Yet the number of the children of Israel shall be as the sand of the sea, which cannot bee measured nor numbred, and it shall come to passe, that in the place where it was said vnto them, Yee are not my people, there it shall be said vnto them, Ye are the sonnes of the liuing God.

11 Then shall the children of Iudah and the children of Israel be gathered together, and appoint themselues one head, and they shall come vp out of the land: for great shalbe the day of Iezreel.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 11:31 am
Hosea
Chapter 2

1 Say ye vnto your brethren, Ammi, & to your sisters, Ruhamah:

2 Plead with your mother, plead: for she is not my wife, neither am I her husband: let her therefore put away her whordomes out of her sight, and her adulteries from betweene her breasts;

3 Lest I strip her naked, and set her as in the day that shee was borne, and make her as a wildernesse, and set her like a drie land, and slay her with thirst.

4 And I will not haue mercy vpon her children, for they be the children of whordomes.

5 For their mother hath played the harlot: shee that conceiued them hath done shamefully: for shee sayd, I will goe after my louers, that giue me my bread and my water, my wooll and my flaxe, mine oyle, and my drinke.

6 ¶ Therefore behold, I will hedge vp thy way with thornes, and make a wall, that she shall not find her pathes.

7 And she shall follow after her louers, but she shall not ouertake them, and she shall seeke them, but shall not find them: then shall she say, I will goe and returne to my first husband, for then was it better with me then now.

8 For she did not know that I gaue her corne, and wine, and oyle, and multiplied her siluer and gold, which they prepared for Baal.

9 Therefore will I returne, and take away my Corne in the time thereof, and my wine in the season thereof, and wil recouer my wooll and my flaxe giuen to couer her nakednesse.

10 And now will I discouer her lewdnesse in the sight of her louers, and none shall deliuer her out of mine hand.

11 I will also cause all her mirth to cease, her feast daies, her new moones, and her Sabbaths, and all her solemne feasts.

12 And I will destroy her vines and her figge trees, whereof she hath said; These are my rewards that my louers haue giuen me: and I will make them a forrest, and the beasts of the field shall eate them.

13 And I will visite vpon her the daies of Baalim, wherein she burnt incense to them, and she decked her selfe with her eare-rings, and her Iewels, and she went after her louers, and forgate me, saith the Lord.

14 ¶ Therefore behold, I will allure her, and bring her into the wildernesse, and speake comfortably vnto her.

15 And I wil giue her, her vineyards from thence, and the valley of Achor for a doore of hope, and she shall sing there, as in the dayes of her youth, and as in the day when she came vp out of the land of Egypt.

16 And it shall be at that day, saith the Lord, that thou shalt call mee Ishi; and shalt call mee no more Baali.

17 For I will take away the names of Baalim out of her mouth, & they shal no more be remembred by their name.

18 And in that day will I make a couenant for them with the beasts of the field, and with the foules of heauen, and with the creeping things of the ground: and I will breake the bow and the sword, and the battell out of the earth, and will make them to lie downe safely.

19 And I will betroth thee vnto me for euer; yea, I will betroth thee vnto me in righteousnesse, and in iudgement, and in louing kindnesse, and in mercies.

20 I will euen betroth thee vnto me in faithfulnesse, and thou shalt know the Lord.

21 And it shall come to passe in that day, I will heare, saith the Lord, I will heare the heauens, and they shall heare the earth,

22 And the earth shall heare the corne, and the wine, and the oyle, and they shall heare Iezreel.

23 And I will sow her vnto me in the earth, and I will haue mercy vpon her that had not obtained mercy, and I will say to them which were not my people; Thou art my people, and they shallsay, Thou art my God.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 am
Hosea
Chapter 3

1 Then said the Lord vnto me, Goe yet, loue a woman (beloued of her friend, yet an adulteresse) according to the loue of the Lord toward the children of Israel, who looke to other gods, and loue flagons of wine.

2 So I bought her to me for fifteene pieces of siluer, and for an homer of barley and an halfe homer of barley.

3 And I said vnto her, Thou shalt abide for me many dayes, thou shalt not play the harlot, & thou shalt not be for an other man, so will I also be for thee.

4 For the children of Israel shall abide many dayes without a King, and without a Prince, and without a sacrifice, and without an image, and without an Ephod, and without Teraphim.

5 Afterward shall the children of Israel returne, and seeke the Lord their God, and Dauid their King, and shall feare the Lord, and his goodnesse in the latter dayes.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:19 am
Hosea
Chapter 4

1 Heare the worde of the Lord, yee children of Israel: for the Lord hath a controuersie with the inhabitants of the land, because there is no trueth, nor mercie, nor knowledge of God in the land.

2 By swearing, and lying, and killing, and stealing, and committing adulterie, they breake out, and blood toucheth blood.

3 Therefore shall the land mourne, and euery one that dwelleth therein shall languish, with the beastes of the field, and with the foules of heauen, yea the fishes of the Sea also shall be taken away.

4 Yet let no man striue, nor reproue another: for this people are as they that striue with the priest.

5 Therefore shalt thou fall in the day, and the prophet also shall fall with thee in the night, and I will destroy thy mother.

6 ¶ My people are destroyed for lacke of knowledge: because thou hast reiected knowledge, I will also reiect thee, that thou shalt be no priest to me: seeing thou hast forgotten the lawe of thy God, I wil also forget thy children.

7 As they were increased, so they sinned against me: therfore wil I change their glory into shame.

8 They eate vp the sinne of my people, and they set their heart on their iniquitie.

9 And there shall be like people, like priest: and I will punish them for their wayes, and reward them their doings.

10 For they shall eate, and not haue enough: they shall commit whordome, and shall not increase, because they haue left off to take heed to the Lord.

11 Whoredome, and wine, and newe wine take away the heart.

12 ¶ My people aske counsel at their stocks, and their staffe declareth vnto them: for the spirit of whordomes hath caused them to erre, and they haue gone a whoring from vnder their God.

13 They sacrifice vpon the tops of the mountaines, and burne incense vpon the hilles vnder okes and poplars, and elmes, because the shadowe thereof is good: therefore your daughters shall commit whoredome, and your spouses shall commit adulterie.

14 I will not punish your daughters when they commit whordome, nor your spouses when they commit adulterie: for themselues are separated with whores, and they sacrifice with harlots: therfore the people that doth not vnderstand, shall fall.

15 ¶ Though thou Israel play the harlot, yet let not Iudah offend, and come not ye vnto Gilgal, neither goe ye vp to Beth-auen, nor sweare, The Lord liueth:

16 For Israel slideth backe, as a backe sliding heifer: now the Lord will feede them as a lambe in a large place.

17 Ephraim is ioyned to idoles: let him alone.

18 Their drinke is sowre: they haue committed whordome continually: her rulers with shame doe loue, Giue ye.

19 The wind hath bound her vp in her wings, and they shall be ashamed because of their sacrifices.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2018 11:58 am
Hosea
Chapter 5

1 Heare yee this, O priests, and hearken, ye house of Israel, and giue yee eare, O house of the king: for iudgement is toward you, because yee haue beene a snare on Mizpah, and a net spread vpon Tabor.

2 And the reuolters are profound to make slaughter, though I haue bene a rebuker of them all.

3 I know Ephraim, and Israel is not hid from me: for now, O Ephraim, thou committest whordome, and Israel is defiled.

4 They will not frame their doings to turne vnto their God: for the spirit of whoredomes is in the midst of them, and they haue not knowen the Lord.

5 And the pride of Israel doth testifie to his face: therefore shall Israel and Ephraim fall in their iniquity: Iudah also shall fall with them.

6 They shall goe with their flocks, and with their heards to seeke the Lord: but they shall not finde him, he hath withdrawen himselfe from them.

7 They haue dealt treacherously against the Lord: for they haue begotten strange children, now shall a moneth deuoure them with their portions.

8 Blow yee the cornet in Gibeah, and the trumpet in Ramah: cry alowd at Beth-auen: after thee, O Beniamin.

9 Ephraim shall be desolate in the day of rebuke: among the tribes of Israel haue I made knowen that which shall surely be.

10 The Princes of Iudah were like them that remooue the bound: therefore I will powre out my wrath vpon them like water.

11 Ephraim is oppressed, and broken in iudgement: because he willingly walked after the commandement.

12 Therefore wil I be vnto Ephraim as a moth: and to the house of Iudah as rottennesse.

13 When Ephraim saw his sicknesse, and Iudah saw his wound: then went Ephraim to the Assyrian, and sent to king Iareb; yet could he not heale you, nor cure you of your wound.

14 For I will bee vnto Ephraim as a Lion, and as a yong Lion to the house of Iudah: I, euen I wil teare and goe away: I will take away, and none shall rescue him.

15 ¶ I will goe and returne to my place, till they acknowledge their offence, and seeke my face: in their affliction they will seeke me early.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2018 8:36 am
Hosea
Chapter 6

1 Come, and let vs returne vnto the Lord: for hee hath torne, and hee will heale vs: he hath smitten, and he will binde vs vp.

2 After two daies will he reuiue vs, in the third day he will raise vs vp, and we shall liue in his sight.

3 Then shal we know, if we follow on to know the Lord: his going forth is prepared, as the morning; & he shall come vnto vs, as the raine; as the latter and former raine vnto the earth.

4 ¶ O Ephraim, what shall I doe vnto thee? O Iudah, what shall I do vnto thee? for your goodnesse is as a morning cloud, and as the early dew it goeth away.

5 Therefore haue I shewed them by the Prophets: I haue slaine them by the wordes of my mouth, and thy iudgements are as the light that goeth foorth.

6 For I desired mercie, and not sacrifice; and the knowledge of God more then burnt offerings.

7 But they like men haue transgressed the Couenant: there haue they dealt treacherously against me.

8 Gilead is a city of them that worke iniquitie; and is polluted with blood.

9 And as troupes of robbers waite for a man, so the company of priestes murther in the way by consent: for they commit lewdnesse.

10 I haue seene an horrible thing in the house of Israel: there is the whoredome of Ephraim, Israel is defiled.

11 Also O Iudah, hee hath set an haruest for thee, when I returned the captiuitie of my people.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 10:00 am
Hosea
Chapter 7

1 When I would haue healed Israel, then the iniquitie of Ephraim was discouered, and the wickednesse of Samaria: for they commit falsehood: and the thiefe commeth in, and the troupe of robbers spoileth without.

2 And they consider not in their hearts that I remember al their wickednesse: now their owne doings haue beset them about, they are before my face.

3 They make the king glad with their wickednesse, and the princes with their lies.

4 They are al adulterers, as an ouen heated by the baker: who ceaseth from raising after he hath kneaded the dough, vntill it be leauened.

5 In the day of our King, the princes haue made him sicke with bottels of wine, he stretched out his hand with scorners.

6 For they haue made ready their heart like an ouen, whiles they lie in wait: their baker sleepeth all the night, in the morning it burneth as a flaming fire.

7 They are all hot as an ouen, and haue deuoured their Iudges; all their Kings are fallen, there is none among them that calleth vnto me.

8 Ephraim, he hath mixed himselfe among the people, Ephraim is a cake not turned.

9 Strangers haue deuoured his strength, and hee knoweth it not: yea, gray haires are here and there vpon him, yet he knoweth not.

10 And the pride of Israel testifieth to his face, and they doe not returne to the Lord their God, nor seeke him for all this.

11 ¶ Ephraim also is like a silly doue, without heart: they call to Egypt; they goe to Assyria.

12 When they shall goe, I wil spread my net vpon them, I will bring them downe as the foules of the heauen: I will chastise them as their congregation hath heard.

13 Woe vnto them, for they haue fled from me: destruction vnto them, because they haue transgressed against me, though I haue redeemed them, yet they haue spoken lies against me.

14 And they haue not cryed vnto me with their heart, when they howled vpon their beds: they assemble themselues for corne and wine, and they rebell against me.

15 Though I haue bound, and strengthened their armes, yet doe they imagine mischiefe against me.

16 They returne, but not to the most High: they are like a deceitfull bow: their princes shall fall by the sword, for the rage of their tongue: this shall be their derision in the land of Egypt.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:00 pm
Hosea
Chapter 8

1 Set the Trumpet to thy mouth: hee shall come as an Eagle against the house of the Lord, because they haue transgressed my Couenant, and trespassed against my Lawe.

2 Israel shall crie vnto me, My God, we know thee.

3 Israel hath cast off the thing that is good: the enemie shall pursue him.

4 They haue set vp Kings, but not by me: they haue made Princes, and I knew it not: of their siluer and their golde haue they made them idoles, that they may be cut off.

5 ¶ Thy calfe, O Samaria, hath cast thee off: mine anger is kindled against them: how long will it bee ere they attaine to innocencie?

6 For from Israel was it also, the workeman made it, therefore it is not God: but the calfe of Samaria shall be broken in pieces.

7 For they haue sowen the winde, and they shall reape the whirlewinde: it hath no stalke: the budde shall yeeld no meale: if so be it yeeld, the strangers shall swallow it vp.

8 Israel is swallowed vp, now shal they be among the Gentiles, as a vessell wherein is no pleasure.

9 For they are gone vp to Assyria, a wilde Asse alone by himselfe; Ephraim hath hired louers.

10 Yea, though they haue hired among the nations, now will I gather them, and they shall sorrow a little for the burden of the King of princes.

11 Because Ephraim hath made many altars to sinne, altars shall be vnto him to sinne.

12 I haue written to him the great things of my Law, but they were counted as a strange thing.

13 They sacrifice flesh for the sacrifices of mine offerings, and eate it; but the Lord accepteth them not: now will he remember their iniquitie, and visite their sinnes: they shal returne to Egypt.

14 For Israel hath forgotten his maker, and buildeth temples; and Iudah hath multiplied fenced cities: but I will send a fire vpon his cities, and it shall deuoure the palaces thereof.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games