Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:58 pm
Hosea
Chapter 9
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Reioyce not, O Israel, for ioy as other people: for thou hast gone a whoring from thy God, thou hast loued a reward vpon euery corne floore.

2 The floore and the winepresse shall not feede them, and the new wine shall faile in her.

3 They shal not dwel in þe Lords land: but Ephraim shall returne to Egypt, and they shall eat vncleane things in Assyria.

4 They shall not offer wine offrings to the Lord: neither shall they be pleasing vnto him: their sacrifices shalbe vnto them as the bread of mourners: all that eate thereof shall be polluted: for their bread for their soule shall not come into the house of the Lord.

5 What will yee doe in the solemne day, and in the day of the feast of the Lord ?

6 For loe they are gone, because of destruction: Egypt shall gather them vp, Memphis shall burie them: the pleasant places for their siluer, netles shal possesse them: thornes shall be in their Tabernacles.

7 The dayes of visitation are come, the dayes of recompence are come, Israel shall know it; the Prophet is a foole, the spirituall man is madde, for the multitude of thine iniquitie and the great hatred.

8 The watchman of Ephraim was with my God: but the Prophet is a snare of a fouler in all his wayes, and hatred in the house of his God.

9 They haue deeply corrupted themselues as in the dayes of Gibeah: therefore he will remember their iniquitie, he will visite their sinnes.

10 I found Israel like grapes in the wildernesse: I saw your fathers as the first ripe in the fig tree at her first time: but they went to Baalpeor, and separated themselues vnto that shame, and their abominations were according as they loued.

11 As for Ephraim, their glory shall flee away like a bird: from the birth and from the wombe, and from the conception.

12 Though they bring vp their children, yet wil I bereaue them that there shall not be a man left: yea, woe also to them when I depart from them.

13 Ephraim, as I saw Tyrus, is planted in a pleasant place: but Ephraim shall bring foorth his children to the murderer.

14 Giue them, O Lord: what wilt thou giue? giue them a miscarying wombe, and drie breasts.

15 All their wickednesse is in Gilgal: for there I hated them: for the wickednesse of their doings I will driue them out of mine house, I will loue them no more: all their princes are reuolters.

16 Ephraim is smitten, their roote is dried vp, they shall beare no fruite: yea though they bring foorth, yet wil I slay euen the beloued fruite of their wombe.

17 My God will cast them away, because they did not hearken vnto him: and they shalbe wanderers among the nations.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 8:52 am
Hosea
Chapter 10

1 Israel is an empty vine, he bringeth forth fruite vnto himselfe: according to the multitude of his fruite, he hath increased the altars, according to the goodnesse of his land, they haue made goodly images.

2 Their heart is diuided: now shall they be found faultie: hee shall breake downe their altars: he shall spoile their images.

3 For now they shall say, We haue no King, because we feared not the Lord, What then should a King doe to vs?

4 They haue spoken words, swearing falsely in making a couenant: thus iudgement springeth vp as hemlocke in the furrowes of the field.

5 The inhabitants of Samaria shall feare, because of the calues of Bethauen: for the people thereof shall mourne ouer it, and the priests thereof that reioyced on it, for the glory thereof, because it is departed from it.

6 It shall be also caried vnto Assyria for a present to King Iareb: Ephraim shall receiue shame, and Israel shall be ashamed of his owne counsell.

7 As for Samaria, her King is cut off as the fome vpon the water.

8 The high places also of Auen, the sinne of Israel, shall be destroyed: the thorne and the thistle shall come vp on their altars; and they shall say to the mountaines, Couer vs; and to the hilles, Fall on vs.

9 O Israel, thou hast sinned from the dayes of Gibeah: there they stood: the battell in Gibeah against the children of iniquitie did not ouertake them.

10 It is in my desire that I should chastise them, and the people shall be gathered against them, when they shall bind themselues in their two furrowes.

11 And Ephraim is as an heifer that is taught and loueth to tread out the corne, but I passed ouer vpon her faire necke: I will make Ephraim to ride: Iudah shall plow, and Iacob shall breake his clods.

12 Sow to your selues in righteousnesse, reape in mercie: breake vp your fallow ground: for it is time to seeke the Lord, till he come and raine righteousnesse vpon you.

13 Ye haue plowed wickednesse, yee haue reaped iniquitie, ye haue eaten the fruite of lies: because thou didst trust in thy way, in the multitude of thy mightie men.

14 Therefore shall a tumult arise among thy people, and all thy fortresses shall bee spoiled, as Shalman spoiled Beth-arbel in the day of battell: the mother was dashed in pieces vpon her children.

15 So shall Bethel doe vnto you, because of your great wickednesse: in a morning shall the king of Israel be vtterly cut off.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2018 11:05 am
Hosea
Chapter 11

1 When Israel was a childe, then I loued him, and called my sonne out of Egypt.

2 As they called them, so they went from them: they sacrificed vnto Baalim, and burnt incense to grauen images.

3 I taught Ephraim also to goe, taking them by their armes: but they knew not that I healed them.

4 I drew them with cords of a man, with bands of loue, and I was to them as they that take off the yoke on their iawes, and I laid meat vnto them.

5 ¶ He shall not returne into the land of Egypt; but the Assyrian shall be his king, because they refused to returne

6 And the sword shall abide on his cities, and shall consume his branches, and deuoure them, because of their own counsels.

7 And my people are bent to backesliding from mee: though they called them to the most High, none at all would exalt him.

8 How shall I giue thee vp, Ephraim? how shall I deliuer thee, Israel? how shall I make thee as Admah? how shall I set thee as Zeboim? mine heart is turned within mee, my repentings are kindled together.

9 I will not execute the fiercenes of mine anger, I will not returne to destroy Ephraim, for I am God, and not man, the Holy One in the midst of thee, and I will not enter into the citie.

10 They shal walke after the Lord: he shall roare like a lyon: when he shall roare, then the children shall tremble from the West.

11 They shall tremble as a bird out of Egypt, and as a doue out of the land of Assyria: and I will place them in their houses, saith the Lord.

12 Ephraim compasseth mee about with lies, and the house of Israel with deceit: but Iudah yet ruleth with God, and is faithfull with the Saints.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2018 5:59 am
Hosea
Chapter 12

1 Ephraim feedeth on winde, and followeth after the East winde: hee daily increaseth lies and desolation, and they doe make a couenant with the Assyrians, and oyle is caried into Egypt.

2 The Lord hath also a controuersie with Iudah, and will punish Iacob according to his wayes, according to his doings will he recompense him.

3 ¶ Hee tooke his brother by the heele in the wombe, and by his strength he had power with God.

4 Yea, he had power ouer the Angel and preuailed: hee wept and made supplication vnto him: he found him in Bethel, and there he spake with vs.

5 Euen the Lord God of hosts, the Lord is his memoriall.

6 Therefore turne thou to thy God: keepe mercie and iudgement, and wait on thy God continually.

7 ¶ He is a merchant, the balances of deceit are in his hand: hee loueth to oppresse.

8 And Ephraim said, Yet I am become rich, I haue found mee out substance: in all my labours they shall finde none iniquitie in mee, that were sinne.

9 And I that am the Lord thy God from the lande of Egypt, will yet make thee to dwell in tabernacles, as in the dayes of the solemne feast.

10 I haue also spoken by the prophets, and I haue multiplied visions, and vsed similitudes, by the ministerie of the prophets.

11 Is there iniquitie in Gilead? surely they are vanitie, they sacrifice bullocks in Gilgal, yea their altars are as heapes in the furrowes of the fields.

12 And Iacob fled into the countrey of Syria, and Israel serued for a wife, and for a wife he kept sheepe.

13 And by a Prophet the Lord brought Israel out of Egypt, and by a Prophet was he preserued.

14 Ephraim prouoked him to anger, most bitterly: therefore shall he leaue his blood vpon him, and his reproch shall his Lord returne vnto him.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:10 am
Hosea
Chapter 13

1 When Ephraim spake, trembling, he exalted himselfe in Israel, but, when he offended in Baal, he died.

2 And now they sinne more and more, and haue made them molten images of their siluer, and idoles according to their owne vnderstanding, all of it the worke of the craftesmen: they say of them, Let the men that sacrifice, kisse the calues.

3 Therefore they shalbe as the morning cloud, and as the early dew it passeth away, as the chaffe that is driuen with a whirlewinde out of the floore, and as the smoke out of the chimney.

4 Yet I am the Lord thy God from the land of Egypt, and thou shalt know no God, but me: for there is no sauiour beside me.

5 ¶ I did know thee in the wildernesse, in the land of great drought.

6 According to their pasture, so were they filled: they were filled, and their heart was exalted: therefore haue they forgotten me.

7 Therefore I will bee vnto them as a Lion, as a Leopard by the way will I obserue them.

8 I will meet them as a beare that is bereaued of her whelpes, and will rent the kall of their heart, and there will I deuoure them like a Lion: the wilde beast shall teare them.

9 ¶ O Israel, thou hast destroied thy selfe, but in me is thine helpe.

10 I will be thy King: where is any other that may saue thee in all thy cities? and thy Iudges of whom thou saidst, Giue me a King and Princes?

11 I gaue thee a king in mine anger, and tooke him away in my wrath.

12 The iniquitie of Ephraim is bound vp: his sinne is hid.

13 The sorrowes of a traueiling woman shall come vpon him, he is an vnwise sonne, for he should not stay long in the place of the breaking foorth of children.

14 I will ransome them from the power of the graue: I will redeeme them from death: O death, I will be thy plagues, O graue, I will be thy destruction; repentance shall be hid from mine eyes.

15 ¶ Though he be fruitfull among his brethren, an East winde shall come, the winde of the Lord shall come vp from the wildernesse, and his spring shall become drie, and his fountaine shalbe dried vp: he shall spoile the treasure of all pleasant vessels.

16 Samaria shall become desolate, for she hath rebelled against her God: they shall fall by the sword: their infants shalbe dashed in pieces, and their women with childe shalbe ript vp.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:58 am
Hosea
Chapter 14

1 O Israel, returne vnto the Lord thy God; for thou hast fallen by thine iniquitie.

2 Take with you words, and turne to the Lord, say vnto him, Take away all iniquitie, and receiue vs graciously: so will wee render the calues of our lips.

3 Asshur shall not saue vs, we will not ride vpon horses, neither will wee say any more to the work of our hands, Yee are our gods: for in thee the fatherlesse findeth mercie.

4 ¶ I will heale their backsliding, I will loue them freely: for mine anger is turned away from him.

5 I wil be as the dew vnto Israel: hee shall grow as the lillie, and cast foorth his rootes as Lebanon.

6 His branches shall spread, and his beautie shalbe as the oliue tree, and his smell as Lebanon.

7 They that dwell vnder his shadow shall returne: they shall reuiue as the corne, & grow as the vine, the sent thereof shalbe as the wine of Lebanon.

8 Ephraim shall say, What haue I to doe any more with idoles? I haue heard him, and obserued him: I am like a greene firre tree, from me is thy fruite found.

9 Who is wise, and hee shall vnderstand these things? prudent, and hee shall know them? for the wayes of the Lord are right, and the iust shall walke in them: but the transgressours shall fall therein.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:45 am
Joel
Chapter 1

1 The word of the Lord that came to Ioel the sonne of Pethuel.

2 Heare this, yee olde men, and giue eare, all yee inhabitants of the lande: Hath this been in your dayes, or euen in the dayes of your fathers?

3 Tell ye your children of it, and let your children tell their children, and their children another generation.

4 That which the palmer worme hath left, hath the locust eaten; and that which the locust hath left, hath the canker-worme eaten; and that which the canker-worme hath left, hath the caterpillar eaten.

5 Awake ye drunkards, and weepe, and howle all yee drinkers of wine, because of the new wine, for it is cut off from your mouth.

6 For a nation is come vp vpon my lande, strong, and without number, whose teeth are the teeth of a lyon, and he hath the cheeke-teeth of a great lyon.

7 He hath laide my vine waste: and barked my figge-tree: hee hath made it cleane bare, and cast it away, the branches thereof are made white.

8 ¶ Lament like a virgine girded with sackecloth for the husband of her youth.

9 The meate offring and the drinke offering is cut off from the house of the Lord, the Priestes the Lords ministers mourne.

10 The field is wasted, the lande mourneth; for the corne is wasted: the new wine is dried vp, the oyle languisheth.

11 Be yee ashamed, O yee husbandmen: howle, O yee vine-dressers, for the wheate and for the barley; because the haruest of the field is perished.

12 The vine is dried vp, and the figgetree languisheth, the pomegranate tree, the palme tree also and the apple tree, euen all the trees of the field are withered: because ioy is withered away from the sonnes of men.

13 Gird your selues, and lament, yee Priests: howle, ye ministers of the Altar: come, lie all night in sackecloth, ye ministers of my God: for the meat offering and the drinke offering is withholden from the house of your God.

14 ¶ Sanctifie yee a fast: call a solemne assembly: gather the Elders, and all the inhabitants of the land into the house of the Lord your God, and cry vnto the Lord:

15 Alas for the day: for the day of the Lord is at hand, and as a destruction from the Almightie shall it come.

16 Is not the meate cut off before your eyes, yea ioy and gladnesse from the house of our God?

17 The seede is rotten vnder their clods: the garners are laide desolate: the barnes are broken downe, for the corne is withered.

18 How doe the beastes grone? the heards of cattell are perplexed, because they haue no pasture, yea the flockes of sheepe are made desolate.

19 O Lord, to thee will I crie: for the fire hath deuoured the pastures of the wildernesse, and the flame hath burnt all the trees of the field.

20 The beasts of the field crie also vnto thee: for the riuers of waters are dried vp, and the fire hath deuoured the pastures of the wildernesse.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2018 3:44 pm
Joel
Chapter 2

1 Blow yee the trumpet in Zion, & sound an alarme in my holy mountaine: let all the inhabitants of the land tremble: for the day of the Lord cōmeth, for it is nie at hand;

2 A day of darkenesse and of gloominesse, a day of clouds and of thicke darkenesse, as the morning spread vpon the mountaines: a great people and a strong, there hath not beene euer the like, neither shall be any more after it, euen to the yeres of many generations.

3 A fire deuoureth before them, and behind them a flame burneth: the land is as the garden of Eden before them, and behind them a desolate wildernes, yea and nothing shall escape them.

4 The appearance of them is as the appearance of horses; and as horse men, so shall they runne.

5 Like the noise of charets on the tops of mountaines shall they leape, like the noise of a flame of fire that deuoureth the stubble, as a strong people, set in battell aray.

6 Before their face the people shall be much pained: all faces shall gather blacknesse.

7 They shall runne like mighty men, they shall clime the wall like men of warre, and they shall march euery one on his wayes, and they shall not breake their rankes.

8 Neither shall one thrust another, they shall walke euery one in his path: and when they fall vpon the sword, they shall not be wounded.

9 They shall runne to and fro in the citie: they shall runne vpon the wall: they shall clime vp vpon the houses: they shall enter in at the windowes, like a theefe.

10 The earth shall quake before them, the heauens shall tremble, the Sun & the Moone shall be darke, & the starres shall withdrawe their shining.

11 And the Lord shall vtter his voyce before his armie, for his campe is very great: for he is strong that executeth his word: for the day of the Lord is great and very terrible, and who can abide it?

12 ¶ Therefore also now, saith the Lord, turne yee euen to me with all your heart, and with fasting, and with weeping, and with mourning.

13 And rent your heart and not your garments; and turne vnto the Lord your God: for he is gracious and mercifull, slow to anger, and of great kindnesse, and repenteth him of the euill.

14 Who knoweth if he will returne and repent, and leaue a blessing behind him, euen a meate offring and a drinke offring vnto the Lord your God?

15 ¶ Blow the trumpet in Zion, sanctifie a fast, call a solemne assembly.

16 Gather the people: sanctifie the congregation: assemble the elders: gather the children, and those that sucke the breasts: let the bridegroome goe forth of his chamber, and the bride out of her closet.

17 Let the priests, the ministers of the Lord, weepe betweene the porch and the altar, & let them say; Spare thy people O Lord, and giue not thine heritage to reproch; that the heathen should rule ouer them: Wherefore should they say among the people, Where is their God?

18 ¶ Then will the Lord be iealous for his land, and pitie his people.

19 Yea the Lord will answere and say vnto his people; Behold, I will send you corne and wine, and oyle, and yee shall be satisfied therewith: and I will no more make you a reproch among the heathen.

20 But I will remoue farre off from you the northren armie, & will driue him into a land barren and desolate, with his face toward the East sea, and his hinder part towards the vtmost Sea, and his stinke shall come vp, and his ill sauour shall come vp, because he hath done great things.

21 ¶ Feare not, O land, be glad and reioyce: for the Lord will doe great things.

22 Be not afraid, yee beasts of the field: for the pastures of the wildernesse doe spring, for the tree beareth her fruit, the fig tree and the vine doe yeeld their strength.

23 Be glad then, ye children of Zion, and reioyce in the Lord your God: for he hath giuen you the former raine moderately, and he will cause to come downe for you the raine, the former raine, & the latter raine in the first month.

24 And the floores shall bee full of wheate, and the fats shall ouerflowe with wine and oyle.

25 And I will restore to you the yeeres that the locust hath eaten, the canker worme, and the caterpiller, and the palmer worme, my great armie which I sent among you.

26 And ye shall eate in plentie, and be satisfied, and praise the Name of the Lord your God, that hath dealt wonderously with you: and my people shall neuer be ashamed.

27 And ye shal know that I am in the midst of Israel, and that I am the Lord your God, and none else: and my people shall neuer be ashamed.

28 ¶ And it shall come to passe afterward, that I will powre out my Spirit vpon all flesh, and your sonnes and your daughters shall prophecie, your old men shall dreame dreames, your yong men shall see visions.

29 And also vpon the seruants, and vpon the handmaids in those dayes will I powre out my Spirit.

30 And I will shew wonders in the heauens, and in the earth, blood and fire, and pillars of smoke.

31 The Sunne shall be turned into darkenesse, and the Moone into blood, before the great and the terrible day of the Lord come.

32 And it shall come to passe that whosoeuer shall call on the Name of the Lord, shall bee deliuered: for in mount Zion and in Ierusalem shalbe deliuerance, as the Lord hath said, and in the remnant, whom the Lord shall call.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:16 pm
Joel
Chapter 3

1 For behold, in those dayes and in that time, when I shall bring againe the captiuitie of Iudah and Ierusalem,

2 I wil also gather all nations, and will bring them downe into the valley of Iehoshaphat, and wil plead with them there for my people, and for my heritage Israel, whom they haue scattered among the nations, and parted my land.

3 And they haue cast lots for my people, and haue giuen a boy for a harlot, and solde a girle for wine, that they might drinke.

4 Yea and what haue ye to do with me, O Tyre and Zidon, and all the coasts of Palestine? will ye render mee a recompence? and if ye recompense me, swiftly and speedily will I returne your recompense vpon your owne head.

5 Because yee haue taken my siluer and my gold, and haue caried into your temples my goodly pleasant things.

6 The children also of Iudah and the children of Ierusalem haue ye sold vnto the Grecians, that yee might remoue them farre from their border.

7 Behold, I will raise them out of the place whither yee haue sold them, and wil returne your recompence vpon your owne head.

8 And I will sell your sonnes and your daughters into the hande of the children of Iudah, and they shall sell them to the Sabeans, to a people farre off, for the Lord hath spoken it.

9 ¶ Proclaime ye this among the gentiles: prepare warre, wake vp the mightie men, let all the men of warre draw neere, let them come vp.

10 Beate your plowe shares into swords, and your pruning hookes into speares, let the weake say, I am strong.

11 Assemble your selues, and come all ye heathen, and gather your selues together round about: thither cause thy mightie ones to come downe, O Lord.

12 Let the heathen be wakened, and come vp to the valley of Iehoshaphat: for there will I sit to iudge all the heathen round about.

13 Put ye in the sickle, for the haruest is ripe, come, get you downe, for the presse is full, the fats ouerflowe, for the wickednesse is great.

14 Multitudes, multitudes in the valley of decision: for þe day of the Lord is neere in the valley of decision.

15 The Sunne and the Moone shall be darkened, and the starres shall withdraw their shining.

16 The Lord also shal roare out of Zion, and vtter his voice from Ierusalem, and the heauens and the earth shall shake, but the Lord will be the hope of his people, and the strength of the children of Israel.

17 So shall ye know that I am the Lord your God, dwelling in Zion, my holy Mountaine: then shall Ierusalem be holy, and there shall no strangers passe through her any more.

18 ¶ And it shall come to passe in that day, that the mountaines shal drop downe new wine, and the hils shall flow with milke, and all the riuers of Iudah shall flow with waters, and a fountaine shall come forth of the house of the Lord, and shall water the valley of Shittim.

19 Egypt shall be a desolation, and Edom shall be a desolate wildernes, for the violence against the children of Iudah, because they haue shed innocent blood in their land.

20 But Iudah shall dwell for euer, and Ierusalem from generation to generation.

21 For I wil cleanse their blood, that I haue not cleansed, for the Lord dwelleth in Zion.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2018 2:32 pm
Amos
Chapter 1

1 The wordes of Amos, who was among the heardmen of Tekoa, which hee sawe concerning Israel, in the daies of Uzziah King of Iudah, and in the dayes of Ieroboam the sonne of Ioash king of Israel, two yere before the earthquake.

2 And he said, The Lord will roare from Zion, and vtter his voice from Ierusalem: and the habitations of the shepheards shall mourne, and the top of Carmel shall wither.

3 Thus saith the Lord; For three transgressions of Damascus, and for foure I wil not turne away the punishment thereof, because they haue threshed Gilead, with threshing instruments of yron.

4 But I will send a fire into the house of Hazael, which shall deuoure the palaces of Benhadad.

5 I wil breake also the barre of Damascus, and cut off the inhabitant from the plaine of Auen: and him that holdeth the scepter from the house of Eden, and the people of Syria shall goe into captiuitie, vnto Kir, saith the Lord.

6 ¶ Thus saith the Lord, For three transgressions of Gaza, and for foure I will not turne away the punishment thereof: because they caried away captiue the whole captiuitie, to deliuer them vp to Edom.

7 But I wil send a fire on the wall of Gaza, which shall deuoure the palaces thereof.

8 And I wil cut off the inhabitant from Ashdod, and him that holdeth the scepter from Ashkelon, and I wil turne mine hand against Ekron; and the remnant of the Philistines shall perish, saith the Lord God.

9 ¶ Thus saith the Lord, For three transgressions of Tyrus, and for foure I wil not turne away the punishment thereof, because they deliuered vp the whole captiuitie to Edom, and remembred not the brotherly couenant.

10 But I wil send a fire on the wall of Tyrus, which shall deuoure the palaces thereof.

11 ¶ Thus saith the Lord, For three transgressions of Edom, and for foure, I will not turne away the punishment thereof, because he did pursue his brother with the sword, and did cast off all pitie, and his anger did teare perpetually, and kept his wrath for euer.

12 But I will send a fire vpon Teman, which shall deuoure the palaces of Bozrah.

13 ¶ Thus sayth the Lord, For three transgressions of the children of Ammon, and for foure, I wil not turne away the punishment thereof; because they haue ript vp the women with childe of Gilead, that they might enlarge their border.

14 But I will kindle a fire in the wall of Rabbah, and it shall deuoure the palaces thereof, with showting in the day of battell, with a tempest in the day of the whirlewinde.

15 And their king shall goe into captiuitie, hee, and his princes together, sayth the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2018 1:03 pm
Amos
Chapter 2

1 Thus sayth the Lord, For three transgressions of Moab, and for foure, I wil not turne away the punishment thereof, because hee burnt the bones of the King of Edom into lime.

2 But I will send a fire vpon Moab, and it shall deuoure the palaces of Kerioth, and Moab shall die with tumult, with shouting, and with the sound of the trumpet:

3 And I will cut off the iudge from the middest thereof, and wil slay all the princes thereof with him, sayeth the Lord.

4 ¶ Thus sayth the Lord, For three transgressions of Iudah, and for foure, I will not turne away the punishment thereof; because they haue despised the Law of the Lord, and haue not kept his Commandements, and their lies caused them to erre, after the which their fathers haue walked.

5 But I will send a fire vpon Iudah, and it shall deuoure the palaces of Ierusalem.

6 ¶ Thus sayth the Lord, For three transgressions of Israel, and for foure, I will not turne away the punishment thereof; because they solde the righteous for siluer, and the poore for a paire of shooes:

7 That pant after the dust of the earth on the head of the poore, and turne aside the way of the meeke; and a man and his father will goe in vnto the same maid, to profane my holy Name.

8 And they lay themselues downe vpon clothes laide to pledge, by euery Altar, and they drinke the wine of the condemned in the house of their God.

9 ¶ Yet destroyed I the Amorite before them, whose height was like the height of the Cedars, and hee was strong as the okes, yet I destroyed his fruite from aboue, and his rootes from beneath.

10 Also I brought you vp from the land of Egypt, and ledde you fourtie yeeres through the wildernesse, to possesse the land of the Amorite.

11 And I raised vp of your sonnes for Prophets, and of your young men for Nazarites. Is it not euen thus, O ye children of Israel, saith the Lord ?

12 But ye gaue the Nazarites wine to drinke, and commaunded the Prophets, saying, Prophecie not.

13 Behold, I am pressed vnder you, as a cart is pressed that is ful of sheaues.

14 Therefore the flight shall perish from the swift, and the strong shall not strengthen his force, neither shall the mightie deliuer himselfe:

15 Neither shall hee stand that handleth the bow, and hee that is swift of foote, shall not deliuer himselfe, neither shall hee that rideth the horse, deliuer himselfe.

16 And hee that is couragious among the mighty, shall flee away naked in that day, saith the Lord.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2018 11:38 am
Amos
Chapter 3

1 Heare this word that the Lord hath spoken against you, O children of Israel, against the whole family, which I brought vp from the land of Egypt, saying;

2 You onely haue I knowen of all the families of the earth: therefore I will punish you for all your iniquities.

3 Can two walke together, except they be agreed?

4 Will a lyon roare in the forrest, when he hath no pray? will a young lyon cry out of his den, if he haue taken nothing?

5 Can a bird fall in a snare vpon the earth, where no ginne is for him? shall one take vp a snare from the earth, and haue taken nothing at all?

6 Shall a trumpet be blowen in the citie, and the people not be afraid? shall there be euill in a citie, and the Lord hath not done it?

7 Surely the Lord God will doe nothing, but he reuealeth his secret vnto his seruants the Prophets.

8 The lyon hath roared, Who will not feare? the Lord God hath spoken, Who can but prophecie?

9 ¶ Publish in the palaces at Ashdod, and in the palaces in the land of Egypt, and say; Assemble your selues vpon the mountaines of Samaria: and behold the great tumults in the midst thereof, and the oppressed in the midst thereof.

10 For they know not to doe right, saith the Lord; who store vp violence, and robberie in their palaces.

11 Therefore thus saith the Lord God, An aduersarie there shall be euen round about the land: and he shal bring downe thy strength from thee, and thy palaces shall be spoiled.

12 Thus saith the Lord, As the shepheard taketh out of the mouth of the lyon two legges or a piece of an eare; so shall the children of Israel be taken out that dwell in Samaria, in the corner of a bed, and in Damascus in a couch.

13 Heare yee and testifie in the house of Iacob, saith the Lord God, the God of hostes;

14 That in the day that I shall visite the transgressions of Israel vpon him, I will also visite the altars of Bethel, and the hornes of the altar shall be cut off, and fall to the ground.

15 And I will smite the winter house with the summer house; and the houses of yuorie shall perish, and the great houses shall haue an end, saith the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 12:44 pm
Amos
Chapter 4

1 Heare this word yea kine of Bashan, that are in the mountaine of Samaria, which oppresse the poore, which crush the needy, which say to their masters; Bring, and let vs drinke.

2 The Lord God hath sworne by his holinesse, that loe, the dayes shall come vpon you, that he will take you away with hookes, and your posteritie with fish-hookes.

3 And yee shall goe out at the breaches, euery Cow at that which is before her, and yee shall cast them into the palace, saith the Lord.

4 ¶ Come to Bethel and transgresse, at Gilgal multiplie transgression; and bring your sacrifices euery morning, and your tithes after three yeeres.

5 And offer a sacrifice of thanksgiuing with leauen, and proclaime and publish the free offrings; for this liketh you, O yee children of Israel, saith the Lord God.

6 ¶ And I also haue giuen you cleannesse of teeth in all your cities, and want of bread in all your places: yet haue yee not returned vnto me, saith the Lord.

7 And also I haue withholden the raine from you, when there were yet three moneths to the haruest, and I caused it to raine vpon one citie, and caused it not to raine vpon an other city: one piece was rained vpon, & the piece wherupon it rained not, withered.

8 So two or three cities wandered vnto one citie, to drinke water; but they were not satisfied: yet haue yee not returned vnto me, saith the Lord.

9 I haue smitten you with blasting and mildew; when your gardens and your vineyards, and your fig trees, and your oliue trees increased, the palmer worme deuoured them: yet haue yee not returned vnto me, saith the Lord.

10 I haue sent among you the pestilence, after the maner of Egypt: your yongmen haue I slain with the sword, and haue taken away your horses, & I haue made the stinke of your campes to come vp vnto your nostrils, yet haue ye not returned vnto me, saith the Lord.

11 I haue ouerthrowen some of you, as God ouerthrew Sodome & Gomorrah, and yee were as a firebrand pluckt out of the burning: yet haue yee not returned vnto me, saith the Lord.

12 Therefore thus will I doe vnto thee, O Israel: and because I will doe this vnto thee, prepare to meete thy God, O Israel.

13 For loe, he that formeth the mountaines, and createth the wind, and declareth vnto man, what is his thought, that maketh the morning darkenesse, and treadeth vpon the high places of the earth: the Lord, the God of hostes is his Name.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2018 12:42 pm
Amos
Chapter 5

1 Heare ye this word which I take vp against you, euen a lamentation, O house of Israel.

2 The virgin of Israel is fallen, she shall no more rise: she is forsaken vpon her land, there is none to raise her vp.

3 For thus saith the Lord God, The citie that went out by a thousand, shall leaue an hundred, and that which went foorth by an hundred, shall leaue ten to the house of Israel.

4 ¶ For thus saith the Lord vnto the house of Israel, Seeke ye mee, and ye shall liue.

5 But seeke not Bethel, nor enter into Gilgal and passe not to Beer-sheba: for Gilgal shall surely goe into captiuitie, and Bethel shal come to nought.

6 Seeke the Lord, and ye shall liue, lest hee breake out like fire in the house of Ioseph and deuoure it, and there be none to quench it in Bethel,

7 Ye who turne iudgment to wormwood, and leaue off righteousnesse in the earth:

8 Seeke him that maketh the seuen starres and Orion, and turneth the shadow of death into the morning, and maketh the day darke with night: that calleth for the waters of the Sea, and powreth them out vpon the face of the earth: the Lord is his Name.

9 That strengtheneth the spoiled against the strong: so that the spoiled shall come against the fortresse.

10 They hate him that rebuketh in the gate: and they abhorre him that speaketh vprightly.

11 Forasmuch therfore as your treading is vpon the poore, and ye take from him burdens of wheate, ye haue built houses of hewen stone, but ye shall not dwell in them: yee haue planted pleasant vineyards, but ye shall not drinke wine of them.

12 For I know your manifold transgressions, and your mighty sinnes: they afflict the iust, they take a bribe, and they turne aside the poore in the gate from their right.

13 Therefore the prudent shall keepe silence in that time, for it is an euill time.

14 Seeke good and not euill, that ye may liue: and so the Lord, the God of hosts shall be with you, as yee haue spoken.

15 Hate the euill, and loue the good, and establish iudgement in the gate: it may be that the Lord God of hostes will bee gracious vnto the remnant of Ioseph.

16 Therefore the Lord, the God of hostes, the Lord saith thus: Wailing shall be in all streets, and they shall say in all the high wayes, Alas, Alas: and they shall call the husbandman to mourning, and such as are skilful of lamentation, to wailing.

17 And in all vineyards shall be wailing: for I will passe through thee, saith the Lord.

18 Woe vnto you that desire the day of the Lord: to what ende is it for you? the day of the Lord is darknes and not light.

19 As if a man did flee from a lyon, and a beare met him, or went into the house, and leaned his hand on the wall, and a serpent bit him.

20 Shall not the day of the Lord be darkenes, and not light? euen very darke, and no brightnesse in it?

21 ¶ I hate, I despise your feast dayes, and I will not smell in your solemne assemblies.

22 Though ye offer me burnt offerings, and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts.

23 Take thou away from mee the noise of thy songs: for I will not heare the melodie of thy violes.

24 But let iudgement run downe as waters, and righteousnesse as a mightie streame.

25 Haue yee offered vnto mee sacrifices and offerings in the wildernesse fourtie yeeres, O house of Israel?

26 But yee haue borne the tabernacle of your Moloch, and Chiun your images, the starre of your god, which ye made to your selues.

27 Therefore wil I cause you to go into captiuitie beyond Damascus, saith the Lord, whose Name is the God of hostes.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:46 pm
Amos
Chapter 6

1 Woe to them that are at ease in Zion, and trust in the mountaine of Samaria, which are named chiefe of the nations, to whom the house of Israel came.

2 Passe ye vnto Calneh, and see, and from thence go ye to Hemath the great: then goe downe to Gath of the Philistines: bee they better then these kingdomes? or their border greater then your border?

3 Ye that put farre away the euil day, and cause the seat of violence to come neere:

4 That lie vpon beds of Yuorie, and stretch themselues vpon their couches, and eate the lambes out of the flocke, and the calues out of the midst of the stall:

5 That chaunt to the sound of the Uiole, and inuent to themselues instruments of musicke, like Dauid:

6 That drinke wine in bowles, and anoint themselues with the chiefe ointments: but they are not grieued for the affliction of Ioseph.

7 ¶ Therefore now shall they goe captiue, with the first that goe captiue, and the banquet of them that stretched themselues, shalbe remoued.

8 The Lord God hath sworne by himselfe, saith the Lord the God of hostes, I abhorre the excellencie of Iacob, and hate his palaces: therefore wil I deliuer vp the citie, with all that is therein.

9 And it shall come to passe, if there remaine tenne men in one house, that they shall die.

10 And a mans vncle shall take him vp, and he that burneth him, to bring out the bones out of the house, and shall say vnto him that is by the sides of the house; Is there yet any with thee? and hee shall say, No. Then shall he say, Holde thy tongue: for wee may not make mention of the Name of the Lord.

11 For beholde, the Lord commandeth, and hee will smite the great house with breaches, and the little house with clefts.

12 ¶ Shall horses runne vpon the rocke? wil one plow there with oxen? for ye haue turned iudgement into gall, and the fruite of righteousnesse into hemlocke.

13 Yee which reioyce in a thing of nought, which say, Haue we not taken to vs hornes by our owne strength?

14 But beholde, I wil raise vp against you a nation, O house of Israel, saith the Lord, the God of hostes, and they shall afflict you from the entring in of Hemath, vnto the riuer of the wildernesse.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games