Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:28 am
The Book of
Nahum

1 A revelation about Nineveh. The book of the vision of Nahum the Elkoshite. 2 Yahweh* is a jealous God† and avenges. Yahweh avenges and is full of wrath. Yahweh takes vengeance on his adversaries, and he maintains wrath against his enemies. 3 Yahweh is slow to anger, and great in power, and will by no means leave the guilty unpunished. Yahweh has his way in the whirlwind and in the storm, and the clouds are the dust of his feet. 4 He rebukes the sea, and makes it dry, and dries up all the rivers. Bashan languishes, and Carmel; and the flower of Lebanon languishes. 5 The mountains quake before him, and the hills melt away. The earth trembles at his presence, yes, the world, and all who dwell in it. 6 Who can stand before his indignation? Who can endure the fierceness of his anger? His wrath is poured out like fire, and the rocks are broken apart by him. 7 Yahweh is good, a stronghold in the day of trouble; and he knows those who take refuge in him. 8 But with an overflowing flood, he will make a full end of her place, and will pursue his enemies into darkness. 9 What do you plot against Yahweh? He will make a full end. Affliction won’t rise up the second time. 10 For entangled like thorns, and drunken as with their drink, they are consumed utterly like dry stubble. 11 One has gone out of you who devises evil against Yahweh, who counsels wickedness. 12 Yahweh says: “Though they be in full strength, and likewise many, even so they will be cut down, and he shall pass away. Though I have afflicted you, I will afflict you no more. 13 Now I will break his yoke from off you, and will burst your bonds apart.” 14 Yahweh has commanded concerning you: “No more descendants will bear your name. Out of the house of your gods, I will cut off the engraved image and the molten image. I will make your grave, for you are vile.”

15 Behold,‡ on the mountains the feet of him who brings good news, who publishes peace! Keep your feasts, Judah! Perform your vows, for the wicked one will no more pass through you. He is utterly cut off.

*1:2 “Yahweh” is God’s proper Name, sometimes rendered “LORD” (all caps) in other translations.

†1:2 The Hebrew word rendered “God” is “אֱלֹהִ֑ים” (Elohim).

‡1:15 “Behold”, from “הִנֵּה”, means look at, take notice, observe, see, or gaze at. It is often used as an interjection.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:45 am
Nahum
Chapter 2
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way: make thy loines strong: fortifie thy power mightily.

2 For the Lord hath turned away the excellencie of Iacob, as the excellencie of Israel: for the emptiers haue emptied them out, and marred their vine branches.

3 The shield of his mightie men is made red, the valiant men are in scarlet: the charets shall bee with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the firre trees shall bee terribly shaken.

4 The charets shall rage in the streets, they shall iustle one against another in the broad wayes: they shall seeme like torches, they shall runne like the lightnings.

5 Hee shall recount his worthies: they shall stumble in their walke: they shall make haste to the wal thereof, and the defence shall bee prepared.

6 The gates of the riuers shall bee opened, and the palace shall bee dissolued.

7 And Huzzab shall be led away captiue, she shall be brought vp, and her maids shall leade her as with the voyce of doues, tabring vpon their breasts.

8 But Nineueh is of olde like a poole of water: yet they shall flee away. Stand, stand shall they cry: but none shal looke backe.

9 Take ye the spoyle of siluer, take the spoile of golde: for there is none end of the store, and glory out of all the pleasant furniture.

10 Shee is emptie, and voide, and waste, and the heart melteth, and the knees smite together, and much paine is in all loynes, and the faces of them all gather blacknesse.

11 Where is the dwelling of the Lions, and the feeding place of the yong Lions? where the Lion, euen the olde Lion walked, and the Lions whelpe, and none made them afraid.

12 The Lion did teare in pieces enough for his whelpes, and strangled for his Lionesses, and filled his holes with pray, and his dens with rauine.

13 Behold, I am against thee, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will burne her charets in the smoke, and the sword shall deuoure thy yong Lions, and I wil cut off thy pray from the earth, and the voice of thy messengers shall no more be heard.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2018 10:46 am
Nahum
Chapter 2

1 He that dasheth in pieces is come up before thy face: keep the munition, watch the way: make thy loines strong: fortifie thy power mightily.

2 For the Lord hath turned away the excellencie of Iacob, as the excellencie of Israel: for the emptiers haue emptied them out, and marred their vine branches.

3 The shield of his mightie men is made red, the valiant men are in scarlet: the charets shall bee with flaming torches in the day of his preparation, and the firre trees shall bee terribly shaken.

4 The charets shall rage in the streets, they shall iustle one against another in the broad wayes: they shall seeme like torches, they shall runne like the lightnings.

5 Hee shall recount his worthies: they shall stumble in their walke: they shall make haste to the wal thereof, and the defence shall bee prepared.

6 The gates of the riuers shall bee opened, and the palace shall bee dissolued.

7 And Huzzab shall be led away captiue, she shall be brought vp, and her maids shall leade her as with the voyce of doues, tabring vpon their breasts.

8 But Nineueh is of olde like a poole of water: yet they shall flee away. Stand, stand shall they cry: but none shal looke backe.

9 Take ye the spoyle of siluer, take the spoile of golde: for there is none end of the store, and glory out of all the pleasant furniture.

10 Shee is emptie, and voide, and waste, and the heart melteth, and the knees smite together, and much paine is in all loynes, and the faces of them all gather blacknesse.

11 Where is the dwelling of the Lions, and the feeding place of the yong Lions? where the Lion, euen the olde Lion walked, and the Lions whelpe, and none made them afraid.

12 The Lion did teare in pieces enough for his whelpes, and strangled for his Lionesses, and filled his holes with pray, and his dens with rauine.

13 Behold, I am against thee, saith the Lord of hosts, and I will burne her charets in the smoke, and the sword shall deuoure thy yong Lions, and I wil cut off thy pray from the earth, and the voice of thy messengers shall no more be heard.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:48 pm
Nahum
Chapter 3

1 Woe to the bloody City, it is all full of lyes and robberie, the pray departeth not.

2 The noise of a whip, and the noise of the rattling of the wheeles, and of the praunsing horses, and of the iumping charets.

3 The horseman lifteth vp both the bright sword, & the glittering speare, and there is a multitude of slaine, and a great number of carkeises: and there is none ende of their corpses: they stumble vpon their corpses,

4 Because of the multitude of the whoredomes of the wel-fauoured harlot, the mistresse of witchcrafts, that selleth nations through her whoredomes, and families through her witchcrafts.

5 Behold, I am against thee, saith the Lord of hostes, and I will discouer thy skirtes vpon thy face, and I will shew the nations thy nakednesse, and the kingdomes thy shame.

6 And I will cast abominable filth vpon thee, and make thee vile, and will set thee as a gazing stocke.

7 And it shall come to passe, that all they that looke vpon thee, shall flee from thee, and say; Nineueh is layde waste, who will bemoane her? whence shall I seeke comforters for thee?

8 Art thou better then populous No, that was scituate among the riuers that had the waters round about it, whose rampart was the sea, and her wall was from the sea?

9 Ethiopia and Egypt were her strength, and it was infinit, Put and Lubim were thy helpers.

10 Yet was she caried away, she went into captiuitie: her yong children also were dashed in pieces at the top of all the streetes: and they cast lots for her honourable men, and all her great men were bound in chaines.

11 Thou also shalt be drunken: thou shalt bee hid, thou also shalt seeke strength because of the enemie.

12 All thy strong holds shall be like fig trees with the first ripe figs: if they bee shaken, they shall euen fall into the mouth of the eater.

13 Beholde, thy people in the midst of thee are women: the gates of thy land shall be set wide open vnto thine enemies, the fire shall deuoure thy barres.

14 Draw thee waters for the siege: fortifie thy strong holdes, goe into clay, and tread the morter: make strong the bricke-kill.

15 There shall the fire deuoure thee: the sword shall cut thee off: it shall eate thee vp like the cankerworme: make thy selfe many as the cankerworme, make thy selfe many as the locusts.

16 Thou hast multiplied thy merchants aboue the starres of heauen; the cankerworme spoileth & flieth away.

17 The crowned are as the locusts, and thy captains as the great grashoppers which campe in the hedges in the cold day: but when the Sunne ariseth, they flee away, and their place is not knowen where they are.

18 Thy shepheards slumber, O king of Assyria: thy nobles shall dwell in the dust: thy people is scattered vpon the mountaines, & no man gathereth them.

19 There is no healing of thy bruise: thy wound is grieuous: all that heare the bruit of thee, shall clap the hands ouer thee; for vpon whom hath not thy wickednesse passed continually?  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 11:45 am
Habakkuk
Chapter 1

1 The burden which Habakkuk þe Prophet did see.

2 O Lord, howe long shall I crie, and thou wilt not heare! euen cry out vnto thee of violence, and thou wilt not saue?

3 Why doest thou shew me iniquity, & cause me to behold grieuance? for spoiling and violence are before me: & there are that raise vp strife and contention.

4 Therefore the Lawe is slacked, and iudgement doeth neuer goe foorth: for the wicked doeth compasse about the righteous: therfore wrong iudgement proceedeth.

5 ¶ Behold ye among the heathen, and regard, and wonder marueilously: for I wil worke a worke in your daies, which yee will not beleeue, though it be tolde you.

6 For loe, I raise vp the Caldeans, that bitter and hastie nation, which shall march through the breadth of the land, to possesse the dwelling places that are not theirs.

7 They are terrible and dreadfull: their iudgement and their dignity shal proceed of themselues.

8 Their horses also are swifter then the leopards, and are more fierce then the euening wolues: & their horsemen shall spread themselues, and their horsemen shall come from farre, they shall flie as the Eagle that hasteth to eate.

9 They shall come all for violence: their faces shall sup vp as the East winde, and they shall gather the captiuitie as the sand.

10 And they shal scoffe at the Kings, and the Princes shall bee a scorne vnto them: they shall deride euery strong holde, for they shall heape dust & take it.

11 Then shall his minde change, and he shall passe ouer, and offend, imputing this his power vnto his God.

12 ¶ Art thou not from euerlasting, O Lord my God, mine Holy one? we shall not die: O Lord, thou hast ordained them for iudgement, and O mightie God, thou hast established them for correction.

13 Thou art of purer eyes then to beholde euill, and canst not looke on ininquitie: wherefore lookest thou vpon them that deale treacherously, and holdest thy tongue when the wicked deuoureth the man that is more righteous then hee?

14 And makest men as the fishes of the Sea, as the creeping things, that haue no ruler ouer them.

15 They take vp all of them with the angle: they catch them in their net, and gather them in their dragge; therefore they reioyce and are glad.

16 Therefore they sacrifice vnto their net, and burne incense vnto their drag: because by them their portion is fat, and their meat plenteous.

17 Shall they therefore emptie their net, and not spare continually to slay the nations?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 3:53 pm
Habakkuk
Chapter 2

1 I will stand vpon my watch, & set mee vpon the towre, and will watch to see what he will say vnto me, and what I shall answere when I am reproued.

2 And the Lord answered me and said, write the vision, and make it plaine vpon tables, that he may runne that readeth it.

3 For the vision is yet for an appointed time, but at the the end it shall speak, and not lie: though it tary, wait for it, because it will surely come, it wil not tary.

4 Behold, his soule which is lifted vp, is not vpright in him; but the iust shall liue by his faith.

5 ¶ Yea also, because he transgresseth by wine, he is a proud man, neither keepeth at home, who enlargeth his desire as hell, and is as death, and cannot be satisfied, but gathereth vnto him all nations, & heapeth vnto him all people:

6 Shal not all these take vp a parable against him, and a tanting prouerbe against him, and say; Woe to him that increaseth that which is not his: how long? and to him that ladeth himselfe with thicke clay.

7 Shall they not rise vp suddenly that shall bite thee? and awake, that shall vexe thee? and thou shalt be for booties vnto them?

8 Because thou hast spoiled many nations, all the remnant of the people shal spoile thee: because of mens blood, and for the violence of the land, of the citie, and of all that dwell therein.

9 ¶ Woe to him that coueteth an euill couetousnesse to his house, that he may set his nest on high, that hee may be deliuered from the power of euill.

10 Thou hast consulted shame to thy house, by cutting off many people, and hast sinned against thy soule.

11 For the stone shall crie out of the wall, and the beame out of the timber shall answere it.

12 ¶ Woe to him that buildeth a towne with blood, and stablisheth a citie by iniquitie.

13 Behold, is it not of the Lord of hostes, that the people shall labour in the very fire, and the people shal wearie themselues for very vanitie?

14 For the earth shall be filled with the knowledge of the glory of the Lord, as the waters couer the Sea.

15 ¶ Woe vnto him that giueth his neighbour drinke: that puttest thy bottell to him, and makest him drunken also; that thou mayest looke on their nakednesse.

16 Thou art filled with shame for glory: drinke thou also, and let thy foreskin bee vncouered: the cup of the Lords right hand shall be turned vnto thee, and shamefull spewing shalbe on thy glory.

17 For the violence of Lebanon shall couer thee: and the spoile of beasts, which made them afraide, because of mens blood, and for the violence of the land, of the city, & of al that dwel therin.

18 ¶ What profiteth the grauen image, that the maker thereof hath grauen it; the molten image, and a teacher of lies, that the maker of his worke, trusteth therin, to make dumbe idoles.

19 Woe vnto him that saith to the wood, Awake: to the dumbe stone, Arise, it shall teach: behold, it is layed ouer with gold and siluer, and there is no breath at all in the middest of it.

20 But the Lord is in his holy temple: let all the earth keepe silence before him.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 12:11 pm
Habakkuk
Chapter 3

1 A prayer of Habakkuk the prophet vpon Sigionoth.

2 O Lord, I haue heard thy speach, and was afraide: O Lord, reuiue thy worke in the midst of the yeeres, in the midst of the yeeres make knowen; in wrath remember mercy.

3 God came from Teman, and the holy on from mount Paran Selah. His glory couered the heauens and the earth was full of his praise.

4 And his brightnesse was as the light: he had hornes comming out of his hand, and there was the hiding of his power:

5 Before him went the pestilence, and burning coales went forth at his feete.

6 He stood and measured the earth: hee beheld and droue asunder the nations, and the euerlasting mountaines were scattered, the perpetuall hilles did bowe: his wayes are euerlasting.

7 I saw the tents of Cushan in affliction: and the curtaines of the land of Midian did tremble.

8 Was the Lord displeased against the riuers? was thine anger against the riuers? was thy wrath against the Sea, that thou didst ride vpon thine horses, and thy charets of saluation?

9 Thy bow was made quite naked according to the oathes of the tribes, euen thy word. Selah. Thou didst cleaue the earth with riuers.

10 The mountaines sawe thee, and they trembled: the ouerflowing of the water passed by: the deepe vttered his voyce, and lift vp his hands on high.

11 The Sunne and Moone stood still in their habitation: at the light of thine arrowes they went, and at the shining of thy glittering speare.

12 Thou didst march through the land in indignation, thou didst thresh the heathen in anger.

13 Thou wentest forth for the saluation of thy people, euen for saluation with thine Anointed, thou woundedst the head out of the house of the wicked, by discouering the foundation vnto the necke. Selah.

14 Thou didst strike through with his staues the head of his villages: they came out as a whirle-winde to scatter me: their reioycing was as to deuoure the poore secretly.

15 Thou didst walke through the Sea with thine horses, through the heape of great waters.

16 When I heard, my belly trembled: my lips quiuered at the voice: rottennesse entred into my bones, and I trembled in my selfe, that I might rest in the day of trouble: when hee commeth vp vnto the people, he wil inuade them with his troupes.

17 ¶ Although the fig tree shall not blossome, neither shall fruite bee in the vines: the labour of the Oliue shall faile, and the fields shal yeeld no meat, the flocke shall be cut off from the folde, and there shalbe no heard in the stalles:

18 Yet I will reioyce in the Lord: I will ioy in the God of my saluation.

19 The Lord God is my strength, and he will make my feet like hindes feet, and he will make me to walke vpon mine high places. To the chiefe singer on my stringed instruments.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 11:53 am
Zephaniah
Chapter 1

1 The worde of the Lord which came vnto Zephaniah the son of Cushi, the son of Gedaliah, the sonne of Amariah, the sonne of Hizkiah, in the dayes of Iosiah, the sonne of Amon king of Iudah.

2 I will vtterly consume all things from off the land, saith the Lord.

3 I will consume man and beast: I will consume the foules of the heauen and the fishes of the sea, and the stumbling blocks with the wicked, and I will cut off man from off the land, saith the Lord.

4 I will also stretch out mine hand vpon Iudah, and vpon all the inhabitants of Ierusalem, and I will cut off the remnant of Baal from this place, and the name of the Chemarims with the priests:

5 And them that worship the hoste of heauen vpon the house tops, & them that worship, and that sweare by the Lord, and that sweare by Malcham:

6 And them that are turned backe from the Lord, & those that haue not sought þe Lord, nor enquired for him.

7 Hold thy peace at the presence of the Lord God: for the day of the Lord is at hand: for the Lord hath prepared a sacrifice: he hath bid his ghests.

8 And it shall come to passe in the day of the Lords Sacrifice, that I will punish the princes, and the kings children, and al such as are clothed with strange apparell.

9 In the same day also wil I punish all those that leape on the threshold, which fill their masters houses with violence and deceit.

10 And it shall come to passe in that day, saith the Lord, that there shall be the noise of a cry from the fish gate, and an howling from the second, and a great crashing from the hils.

11 Howle yee inhabitants of Maktesh, for all the merchant people are cut downe: all they that beare siluer are cut off.

12 And it shall come to passe at that time, that I wil search Ierusalem with candles, and punish the men that are setled on their lees, that say in their heart, The Lord will not doe good, neither will he doe euill.

13 Therefore their goods shall become a booty, and their houses a desolation: they shall also build houses, but not inhabite them, and they shall plant Uineyards, but not drinke the wine thereof.

14 The great day of the Lord is neere, it is neere, and hasteth greatly, euen the voice of the day of the Lord: the mighty man shall cry there bitterly.

15 That day is a day of wrath, a day of trouble and distresse, a day of wastenesse and desolation, a day of darknesse and gloominesse, a day of cloudes and thicke darkenesse;

16 A day of the trumpet and alarme against the fenced cities, and against the high towres.

17 And I will bring distresse vpon men, that they shall walke like blinde men, because they haue sinned against the Lord, and their blood shall bee powred out as dust, and their flesh as the doung.

18 Neither their siluer nor their golde shall be able to deliuer them in the day of the Lords wrath; but the whole land shall bee deuoured by the fire of his iealousie: for hee shall make euen a speedy riddance of all them that dwell in the land.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:44 pm
Zephaniah
Chapter 2

1 Gather your selues together, yea gather together, O nation not desired.

2 Before the decree bring foorth, before the day passe as the chaffe, before the fierce anger of the Lord come vpon you, before the day of the Lords anger come vpon you.

3 Seeke ye the Lord all ye meeke of the earth, which haue wrought his iudgement, seeke righteousnesse, seeke meeknesse: it may be, ye shall be hid in the day of the Lords anger.

4 ¶ For Gaza shall bee forsaken, and Ashkelon a desolation: they shall driue out Ashdod at the noone day, and Ekron shall be rooted vp.

5 Woe vnto the inhabitants of the sea coast: the nation of the Cherethites, the word of the Lord is against you: O Canaan, the land of the Philistines, I will euen destroy thee, that there shal be no inhabitant.

6 And the sea coast shall bee dwellings and cottages for shepheards, and foldes for flockes.

7 And the coast shall bee for the remnant of the house of Iudah, they shall feede thereupon, in the houses of Ashkelon shall they lie downe in the euening: for the Lord their God shall visite them, and turne away their captiuitie.

8 ¶ I haue heard the reproach of Moab, and the reuilings of the children of Ammon, whereby they haue reproched my people, and magnified themselues against their border.

9 Therefore, as I liue, saith the Lord of hostes the God of Israel, surely Moab shalbe as Sodom, and the children of Ammon as Gomorrah, euen the breeding of netles, and salt pits, and a perpetuall desolation, the residue of my people shall spoile them, and the remnant of my people shall possesse them.

10 This shall they haue for their pride, because they haue reproched and magnified themselues against the people of the Lord of hostes.

11 The Lord will be terrible vnto them: for he will famish all the gods of the earth, and men shall worship him, euery one from his place, euen all the Iles of the heathen.

12 ¶ Ye Ethiopians also, ye shalbe slaine by my sword.

13 And he wil stretch out his hand against the North, and destroy Assyria, and wil make Nineueh a desolation, and dry like a wildernes.

14 And flocks shall lie downe in the midst of her, all the beasts of the nations: both the Cormorant, and the Bitterne, shall lodge in the vpper lintels of it: their voice shal sing in the windowes, desolation shall be in the thresholds: for he shall vncouer the Cedar worke.

15 This is the reioycing citie that dwelt carelessely, that said in her heart, I am, and there is none beside me: how is shee become a desolation, a place for beasts to lie downe in! euery one that passeth by her, shall hisse and wagge his hand.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 10:00 am
Zephaniah
Chapter 3

1 Woe to her that is filthie and polluted, to the oppressing citie.

2 She obeyed not the voice: she receiued not correction: she trusted not in the Lord: she drew not neere to her God.

3 Her princes within her are roaring lyons; her Iudges are euening wolues, they gnaw not the bones till the morrow.

4 Her prophets are light and treacherous persons: her priests haue polluted the Sanctuarie, they haue done violence to the Law.

5 The iust Lord is in the middest thereof: he will not doe iniquitie: euery morning doeth hee bring his iudgement to light, he faileth not: but the vniust knoweth no shame.

6 I haue cut off the nations: their towres are desolate, I made their streetes waste, that none passeth by: their cities are destroied, so that there is no man, that there is none inhabitant.

7 I said, Surely thou wilt feare mee: thou wilt receiue instruction: so their dwelling should not bee cut off, howsoeuer I punished them: but they rose early, & corrupted all their doings.

8 ¶ Therefore waite ye vpon mee, sayth the Lord, vntill the day that I rise vp to the pray: for my determination is to gather the nations, that I may assemble the kingdomes to powre vpon them mine indignation, euen all my fierce anger: for all the earth shalbe deuoured with the fire of my iealousie.

9 For then will I turne to the people a pure language, that they may all call vpon the Name of the Lord, to serue him with one consent.

10 From beyond the riuers of Ethiopia, my suppliants, euen the daughter of my dispersed shal bring mine offring.

11 In that day shalt thou not be ashamed for all thy doings, wherein thou hast transgressed against me: for then I will take away out of the midst of thee them that reioyce in thy pride, and thou shalt no more be haughty because of mine holy mountaine.

12 I will also leaue in the middest of thee an afflicted and poore people: and they shall trust in the Name of the Lord.

13 The remnant of Israel shall not doe iniquitie, nor speake lies: neither shall a deceitful tongue be found in their mouth: for they shall feede, and lie downe, and none shall make them afraid.

14 ¶ Sing, O daughter of Zion: shout, O Israel: be glad and reioyce with all the heart, O daughter of Ierusalem.

15 The Lord hath taken away thy iudgements, he hath cast out thine enemy: the King of Israel, euen the Lord is in the middest of thee: thou shalt not see euill any more.

16 In that day it shall be said to Ierusalem, Feare thou not: and to Zion, Let not thine hands be slacke.

17 The Lord thy God in the midst of thee is mightie: hee will saue, he will reioyce ouer thee with ioy: hee will rest in his loue, hee will ioy ouer thee with singing.

18 I will gather them that are sorrowfull for the solemne assembly, who are of thee, to whom the reproch of it was a burden.

19 Behold, at that time I will vndoe all that afflict thee, and I will saue her that halteth, and gather her that was driuen out, and I will get them praise and fame in euery land, where they haue beene put to shame.

20 At that time will I bring you againe euen in the time that I gather you: for I will make you a name and a praise among all people of the earth, when I turne backe your captiuitie before your eyes, saith the Lord.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 12:19 pm
Haggai
Chapter 1

1 In the second yeere of Darius the king, in the sixt moneth, in the first day of the moneth came the worde of the Lord by Haggai the Prophet vnto Zerubbabel the sonne of Shealtiel, gouernour of Iudah, and to Iosuah the sonne of Iosedech the high priest, saying;

2 Thus speaketh the Lord of hostes, saying; This people say, The time is not come, the time that the Lords house should be built.

3 Then came the word of the Lord by Haggai the prophet, saying;

4 Is it time for you, O yee, to dwell in your sieled houses, and this house lie waste?

5 Nowe therefore thus saith the Lord of hostes; Consider your wayes.

6 Yee haue sowen much and bring in litle: ye eate, but ye haue not inough: yee drinke, but yee are not filled with drinke: yee cloth you, but there is none warme: and hee that earneth wages, earneth wages to put it into a bag with holes.

7 ¶ Thus saith the Lord of hostes, Consider your wayes.

8 Goe vp to the mountaine, and bring wood, and build the house; and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the Lord.

9 Ye looked for much, and loe it came to litle: and when yee brought it home, I did blow vpon it: Why, saith the Lord of hostes? because of mine house that is waste, and yee runne euery man vnto his owne house.

10 Therefore the heauen ouer you is stayed from dew, and the earth is staied from her fruite.

11 And I called for a drought vpon the land and vpon the mountaines, and vpon the corne, and vpon the new wine, and vpon the oyle, and vpon that which the ground bringeth forth, & vpon men, and vpon cattell, and vpon all the labour of the hands.

12 ¶ Then Zerubbabel the sonne of Shealtiel, and Iosuah the sonne of Iosedech the high priest, with all the remnant of the people obeyed the voyce of the Lord their God, and the words of Haggai the Prophet (as the Lord their God had sent him) and the people did feare before the Lord.

13 Then spake Haggai the Lords messenger in the Lords message vnto the people, saying; I am with you, saith the Lord.

14 And the Lord stirred vp the spirit of Zerubbabel the sonne of Shealtiel gouernour of Iudah, and the spirit of Iosuah the sonne of Iosedech the high priest, and the spirit of all the remnant of the people, and they came and did worke in the house of the Lord of hostes their God:

15 In the foure and twentieth day of the sixt moneth, in the second yeere of Darius the King.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:49 am
Haggai
Chapter 2

1 In the seuenth moneth, in the one and twentith day of the moneth, came the word of the Lord by the Prophet Haggai, saying;

2 Speake now to Zerubbabel the sonne of Shealtiel, gouernour of Iudah, and to Iosuah the sonne of Iosedech the high priest, and to the residue of the people, saying,

3 Who is left among you that sawe this house in her first glory? and how do ye see it now? Is it not in your eyes in comparison of it, as nothing?

4 Yet now be strong, O Zerubbabel, saith the Lord, and bee strong, O Ioshua, sonne of Iosedech the high Priest, and be strong all ye people of the land, saith the Lord, and worke: (for I am with you, saith the Lord of hosts,)

5 According to the word that I couenanted with you, when ye came out of Egypt, so my Spirit remaineth among you, Feare ye not.

6 For thus saith the Lord of hosts, Yet once, it is a litle while, and I will shake the heauens, and the earth, and the sea, and the drie land.

7 And I will shake all nations, and the desire of all nations shall come, and I will fill this house with glory, saith the Lord of hosts.

8 The siluer is mine, and the gold is mine, saith the Lord of hosts.

9 The glory of this latter house shal be greater then of the former, saith the Lord of hostes: and in this place will I giue peace, saith the Lord of hostes.

10 ¶ In the foure and twentieth day of the ninth moneth, in the second yeere of Darius, came þe word of the Lord by Haggai the Prophet, saying,

11 Thus saith the Lord of hosts, Aske now the priests concerning the law, saying,

12 If one beare holy flesh in the skirt of his garment, and with his skirt doe touch bread or pottage, or wine, or oile, or any meate, shall it be holy? and the priests answered and said, No.

13 Then said Haggai, If one that is vncleane by a dead body, touch any of these, shal it be vncleane? and the priests answered and said, It shalbe vncleane.

14 Then answered Haggai, and said, So is this people, and so is this nation before me, saith the Lord, and so is euery worke of their hands, and that which they offer there, is vncleane.

15 And now I pray you consider from this day and vpward, from before a stone was laid vpon a stone in the Temple of the Lord.

16 Since those dayes were, when one came to an heape of twentie measures, there were but ten: when one came to the presse-fatte for to draw out fiftie vessels out of the presse, there were but twentie.

17 I smote you with blasting, and with mildew, and with haile in all the labours of your hands: yet yee turned not to me, saith the Lord.

18 Consider now from this day, and vpward from the foure and twentieth day of the ninth moneth, euen from the day that the foundatio of the Lords Temple was laid, consider it.

19 Is the seed yet in the barne? yea, as yet the vine and the fig tree, & the pomegranate, and the Oliue tree hath not brought foorth: from this day will I blesse you.

20 ¶ And againe the worde of the Lord came vnto Haggai in the foure and twentieth day of the moneth, saying,

21 Speake to Zerubbabel gouernor of Iudah, saying, I wil shake the heauens and the earth.

22 And I will ouerthrow the throne of kingdomes, and I will destroy the strength of the kingdomes of the heathen, and I will ouerthrow the charets, and those that ride in them, and the horses and their riders shall come downe, euery one by the sword of his brother.

23 In that day, saith the Lord of hosts, will I take thee, O Zerubbabel, my seruant, the son of Shealtiel, saith the Lord, and will make thee as a signet: for I haue chosen thee, saith the Lord of hosts.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:07 am
Zechariah
Chapter 1

1 In the eight moneth, in the seconde yeere of Darius, came the word of the Lord vnto Zechariah, the sonne of Barachiah, the sonne of Iddo the Prophet, saying,

2 The Lord hath bene sore displeased with your fathers.

3 Therefore say thou vnto them, Thus saith the Lord of hostes; Turne ye vnto me, saith the Lord of hostes, and I will turne vnto you, saith the Lord of hostes.

4 Be ye not as your fathers, vnto whom the former Prophets haue cried, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hostes, Turne ye now from your euill wayes, and from your euil doings: but they did not heare, nor hearken vnto me, saith the Lord.

5 Your fathers, where are they? and the Prophets, doe they liue for euer?

6 But my words and my statutes, which I commanded my seruants the Prophets, did they not take holde of your fathers? and they returned and saide; Like as the Lord of hostes thought to doe vnto vs, according to our wayes, and according to our doings, so hath he dealt with vs.

7 ¶ Upon the foure and twentieth day of the eleuenth moneth, which is the moneth Sebat, in the second yere of Darius, came the word of the Lord vnto Zechariah, the sonne of Barachiah, the sonne of Iddo the Prophet, saying:

8 I saw by night, and behold a man riding vpon a red horse, and he stood among the mirtle trees that were in the bottome, and behinde him were there red horses, speckled and white.

9 Then said I, O my Lord, what are these? And the Angel that talked with me, said vnto me, I wil shew thee what these be.

10 And the man that stood among the myrtle trees answered, and said, These are they, whom the Lord hath sent to walke to and fro through the earth.

11 And they answered the Angel of the Lord that stood among the mirtle trees, and said, Wee haue walked to and fro through the earth: and behold, all the earth sitteth still, and is at rest.

12 ¶ Then the Angel of the Lord answered, and said, O Lord of hosts, how long wilt thou not haue mercie on Ierusalem, and on the cities of Iudah, against which thou hast had indignation these threescore and ten yeeres?

13 And the Lord answered the Angel that talked with me, with good words, and comfortable words.

14 So the Angel that communed with me, said vnto me; Cry thou, saying; Thus saith the Lord of hosts, I am iealous for Ierusalem, and for Zion, with a great iealousie.

15 And I am very sore displeased with the heathen that are at ease: for I was but a little displeased, and they helped forward the affliction.

16 Therefore thus saith the Lord, I am returned to Ierusalem with mercies: my house shall bee built in it, saith the Lord of hostes, and a line shalbe stretched forth vpon Ierusalem.

17 Cry yet, saying, Thus saith the Lord of hostes, My cities through prosperitie shall yet be spread abroad, and the Lord shall yet comfort Zion, and shall yet choose Ierusalem.

18 ¶ Then lift I vp mine eyes, and saw, and behold foure hornes.

19 And I said vnto the Angel that talked with me; What be these? and he answered mee, These are the hornes which haue scattered Iudah, Israel, and Ierusalem.

20 And the Lord shewed mee foure carpenters.

21 Then said I, What come these to doe? And hee spake, saying, These are the hornes which haue scattered Iudah, so that no man did lift vp his head: but these are come to fray them, to cast out the hornes of the Gentiles, which lift vp their horne ouer the land of Iudah to scatter it.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2018 12:16 pm
Zechariah
Chapter 2

1 I lift vp mine eyes againe, and looked, and behold, a man with a measuring line in his hand.

2 Then said I, Whither goest thou? And hee said vnto me, To measure Ierusalem, to see what is the breadth thereof, and what is the length thereof.

3 And behold, the Angel that talked with me, went foorth, and another Angel went out to meete him:

4 And said vnto him, Run, speake to this young man, saying; Ierusalem shall be inhabited as townes without walles, for the multitude of men and cattell therein.

5 For I, saith the Lord, will be vnto her a wall of fire round about, and will be the glory in the midst of her.

6 ¶ Ho, ho, come foorth, and flee from the land of the North, saith the Lord: for I haue spread you abroad as the foure windes of the heauen, sayth the Lord.

7 Deliuer thy selfe, O Zion, that dwellest with the daughter of Babylon.

8 For thus sayth the Lord of hostes, After the glory hath he sent me vnto the nations which spoiled you: for he that toucheth you, toucheth the apple of his eye.

9 For behold, I will shake mine hand vpon them, and they shall bee a spoile to their seruants: and yee shall know that the Lord of hostes hath sent me.

10 ¶ Sing and reioyce, O daughter of Zion: for loe, I come, and I will dwell in the middest of thee, sayth the Lord.

11 And many nations shalbe ioyned to the Lord in that day, and shall be my people: and I will dwel in the middest of thee, and thou shalt know that the Lord of hostes hath sent me vnto thee.

12 And the Lord shall inherite Iudah his portion in the holy land, and shall choose Ierusalem againe.

13 Be silent, O all flesh, before the Lord: for he is raised vp out of his holy habitation.  

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:52 am
Zechariah
Chapter 3

1 And he shewed me Ioshua the high Priest, standing before the Angel of the Lord, and Satan standing at his right hand to resist him.

2 And the Lord said vnto Satan; The Lord rebuke thee, O Satan, euen the Lord that hath chosen Ierusalem rebuke thee. Is not this a brand pluckt out of the fire?

3 Now Ioshua was clothed with filthie garments, and stood before the Angel.

4 And he answered, and spake vnto those that stood before him, saying, Take away the filthie garments from him. And vnto him he said, Behold, I haue caused thine iniquity to passe from thee, and I wil clothe thee with change of raiment.

5 And I said, Let them set a faire mitre vpon his head. So they set a faire mitre vpon his head, and clothed him with garments, and the Angel of the Lord stood by.

6 And the Angel of the Lord protested vnto Ioshua, saying;

7 Thus sayth the Lord of hosts, If thou wilt walke in my wayes, and if thou wilt keepe my charge, then thou shalt also iudge my House, and shalt also keepe my Courts, and I will giue thee places to walke among these that stand by.

8 Heare now, O Ioshua the high Priest, thou and thy fellowes that sit before thee: for they are men wondred at: for behold, I will bring foorth my seruant the Branch.

9 For behold the stone that I haue layd before Ioshua: vpon one stone shall be seuen eyes, behold, I will engraue the grauing thereof, saith the Lord of hostes, and I will remoue the iniquitie of that land in one day.

10 In that day, saith the Lord of hostes, shal ye call euery man his neighbour vnder the vine and vnder the figge tree.  
The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 59 60 61 62 63 64 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games