Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:25 am
Luke
Chapter 17
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Then said he vnto the disciples, It is impossible but that offences will come, but wo vnto him through whom they come.

2 It were better for him that a milstone were hanged about his necke, and he cast into the Sea, then that he should offend one of these little ones.

3 ¶ Take heed to your selues: If thy brother trespasse against thee, rebuke him, and if he repent, forgiue him.

4 And if hee trespasse against thee seuen times in a day, and seuen times in a day turne againe to thee, saying, I repent, thou shalt forgiue him.

5 And the Apostles said vnto the Lord, Increase our faith.

6 And the Lord said, If yee had faith as a graine of mustard seede, yee might say vnto this Sycamine tree, Be thou plucked vp by the root, and be thou planted in the sea, & it should obey you.

7 But which of you hauing a seruant plowing, or feeding cattell, will say vnto him by & by when he is come from the field, Goe and sit downe to meate?

8 And will not rather say vnto him, Make ready wherewith I may suppe, and gird thy selfe, and serue me, till I haue eaten and drunken: and afterward thou shalt eate and drinke.

9 Doeth he thanke that seruant, because hee did the things that were commanded him? I trow not.

10 So likewise ye, when ye shal haue done all those things which are commanded you, say, Wee are vnprofitable seruants: Wee haue done that which was our duety to doe.

11 ¶ And it came to passe, as he went to Hierusalem, that hee passed thorow the mids of Samaria and Galile.

12 And as he entred into a certaine village, there met him tenne men that were lepers, which stood afarre off.

13 And they lifted vp their voices, and said, Iesus master haue mercy on vs.

14 And when he saw them, hee said vnto them, Goe shew your selues vnto the Priests. And it came to passe, that as they went, they were cleansed.

15 And one of them when hee sawe that he was healed, turned backe, and with a loud voice glorified God,

16 And fell downe on his face at his feet, giuing him thanks: and he was a Samaritane.

17 And Iesus answering, said, Were there not ten cleansed, but where are the nine?

18 There are not found that returned to giue glory to God, saue this stranger.

19 And he said vnto him, Arise, go thy way, thy faith hath made thee whole.

20 ¶ And when hee was demanded of the Pharises, when the kingdome of God should come, hee answered them, and said, The kingdome of God commeth not with obseruation.

21 Neither shall they say, Loe here, or loe there: for behold, the kingdome of God is within you.

22 And hee said vnto the disciples, The dayes will come, when ye shall desire to see one of the dayes of the Sonne of man, and ye shall not see it.

23 And they shall say to you, See here, or see there: Goe not after them, nor follow them.

24 For as the lightning that lighteneth out of the one part vnder heauen, shineth vnto the other part vnder heauen: so shall also the Sonne of man be in his day.

25 But first must hee suffer many things, & be reiected of this generation.

26 And as it was in the dayes of Noe: so shal it be also in the dayes of the Sonne of man.

27 They did eate, they dranke, they married wiues, they were giuen in mariage, vntill the day that Noe entred into the arke: and the flood came, and destroyed them all.

28 Likewise also as it was in the dayes of Lot, they did eat, they dranke, they bought, they sold, they planted, they builded:

29 But the same day that Lot went out of Sodome, it rained fire and brimstone from heauen, & destroyed them all:

30 Euen thus shall it bee in the day when the Sonne of man is reuealed.

31 In that day he which shall be vpon the house top, and his stuffe in the house, let him not come downe to take it away: and he that is in the field, let him likewise not returne backe.

32 Remember Lots wife.

33 Whosoeuer shall seeke to saue his life, shall lose it, and whosoeuer shall lose his life, shall preserue it.

34 I tell you, in that night there shall be two men in one bed; the one shal be taken, the other shall be left.

35 Two women shall bee grinding together; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

36 Two men shall be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

37 And they answered, and said vnto him, Where, Lord? And he said vnto them, Wheresoeuer the body is, thither will the Eagles be gathered together.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:38 pm
Luke
Chapter 18

1 And he spake a parable vnto them, to this ende, that men ought alwayes to pray, and not to faint,

2 Saying, There was in a city a Iudge, which feared not God neither regarded man.

3 And there was a widowe in that citie, and she came vnto him, saying, Auenge me of mine aduersarie:

4 And hee would not for a while. But afterward he said within himselfe, Though I feare not God, nor regard man,

5 Yet because this widow troubleth me, I will auenge her, lest by her continuall comming, she wearie me.

6 And the Lord said, Heare what the vniust iudge saith.

7 And shall not God auenge his owne elect, which crie day and night vnto him, thogh he beare long with them?

8 I tell you that he wil auenge them speedily. Neuerthelesse, when the Son of man commeth, shall hee find faith on the earth?

9 And he spake this parable vnto certaine which trusted in themselues that they were righteous, & despised other:

10 Two men went vp into the Temple to pray, the one a Pharisee, and the other a Publicane.

11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himselfe, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, vniust, adulterers, or euen as this Publicane.

12 I fast twise in the weeke, I giue tithes of all that I possesse.

13 And the Publicane standing afarre off, would not lift vp so much as his eyes vnto heauen: but smote vpon his breast, saying, God me mercifull to mee a sinner.

14 I tell you, this man went downe to his house iustified rather then the other: For euery one that exalteth himselfe, shall be abased: and hee that humbleth himselfe, shall be exalted.

15 And they brought vnto him also infants, that he would touch them: but when his disciples saw it, they rebuked them.

16 But Iesus called them vnto him, and said, Suffer litle children to come vnto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdome of God.

17 Uerely I say vnto you, whosoeuer shall not receiue the kingdome of God as a litle child, shal in no wise enter therein.

18 And a certaine ruler asked him, saying, Good master, what shall I doe to inherit eternall life?

19 And Iesus said vnto him, Why callest thou mee good? None is good saue one, that is God.

20 Thou knowest the commaundements, Doe not commit adulterie, Doe not kill, Doe not steale, Doe not beare false witnesse, Honour thy father and thy mother.

21 And he said, All these haue I kept from my youth vp.

22 Now when Iesus heard these things, hee said vnto him, Yet lackest thou one thing: Sell all that thou hast, and distribute vnto the poore, and thou shalt haue treasure in heauen, and come, follow me.

23 And when he heard this, he was very sorowfull, for he was very rich.

24 And when Iesus saw that hee was very sorrowfull, he said, How hardly shal they that haue riches, enter into the kingdome of God?

25 For it is easier for a camel to goe thorow a needles eye, then for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

26 And they that heard it, said, Who then can be saued?

27 And he said, The things which are vnpossible with men, are possible with God.

28 Then Peter said, Loe, we haue left all, and followed thee.

29 And he said vnto them, Uerily, I say vnto you, there is no man that hath left house, or parents, or brethren, or wife, or children, for the kingdome of Gods sake,

30 Who shall not receiue manifold more in this present time, and in the world to come life euerlasting.

31 ¶ Then hee tooke vnto him the twelue, and said vnto them, Behold, we goe vp to Hierusalem, and al things that are written by the Prophets concerning the sonne of man, shall be accomplished.

32 For he shall be deliuered vnto the Gentiles, and shall be mocked, and spitefully intreated, and spitted on:

33 And they shall scourge him, and put him to death, and the third day he shall rise againe.

34 And they vnderstood none of these things: and this saying was hid from them, neither knew they the things which were spoken.

35 ¶ And it came to passe, that as he was come nigh vnto Iericho, a certaine blinde man sate by the way side, begging,

36 And hearing the multitude passe by, he asked what it meant.

37 And they tolde him that Iesus of Nazareth passeth by.

38 And he cried, saying, Iesus thou sonne of Dauid, haue mercie on me.

39 And they which went before, rebuked him, that hee should holde his peace: but hee cried so much the more, Thou Sonne of Dauid, haue mercie on mee.

40 And Iesus stood and commanded him to be brought vnto him: and when he was come neere, he asked him,

41 Saying, What wilt thou that I shall doe vnto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receiue my sight.

42 And Iesus said vnto him, Receiue thy sight, thy faith hath saued thee.

43 And immediately he receiued his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people when they saw it, gaue praise vnto God.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 10:35 am
Luke
Chapter 19

1 And Iesus entred, and passed thorow Iericho.

2 And behold, there was a man named Zacheus, which was the cheefe among the Publicanes, and he was rich.

3 And he sought to see Iesus who he was, and could not for the prease, because he was litle of stature.

4 And he ranne before, and climed vp into a sycomore tree to see him, for he was to passe that way.

5 And when Iesus came to the place, he looked vp and saw him, and said vnto him, Zacheus, make haste, & come downe, for to day I must abide at thy house.

6 And he made haste, and came downe, and receiued him ioyfully.

7 And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.

8 And Zacheus stood, and said vnto the Lord, Behold, Lord, the halfe of my goods I giue to the poore, & if I haue taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him foure fold.

9 And Iesus said vnto him, This day is saluation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is the sonne of Abraham.

10 For the sonne of man is come to seeke, and to saue that which was lost.

11 And as they heard these things, he added, and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Hierusalem, and because they thought that the kingdome of God should immediately appeare.

12 He said therefore, A certaine noble man went into a farre countrey, to receiue for himselfe a kingdome, and to returne.

13 And hee called his ten seruants, and deliuered them ten pounds, and said vnto them, Occupy till I come.

14 But his citizens hated him, and sent a message after him, saying, We wil not haue this man to reigne ouer vs.

15 And it came to passe, that when he was returned, hauing receiued the kingdome, then hee commaunded these seruants to be called vnto him, to whom he had giuen the money, that hee might know how much euery man had gained by trading.

16 Then came the first, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained ten pounds.

17 And he said vnto him, Well, thou good seruant: because thou hast bene faithfull in a very little, haue thou authoritie ouer ten cities.

18 And the second came, saying, Lord, thy pound hath gained fiue pounds.

19 And hee said likewise to him, Bee thou also ouer fiue cities.

20 And another came, saying, Lord, behold, here is thy pound which I haue kept layd vp in a napkin:

21 For I feared thee, because thou art an austere man: thou takest vp that thou layedst not downe, and reapest that thou didst not sow.

22 And hee saith vnto him, Out of thine owne mouth will I iudge thee, thou wicked seruant: Thou knewest that I was an austere man, taking vp that I layde not downe, and reaping that I did not sow.

23 Wherefore then gauest not thou my money into the bancke, that at my comming I might haue required mine owne with vsury?

24 And he said vnto them that stood by, Take from him the pound, and giue it to him that hath ten pounds.

25 And they said vnto him, Lord, he hath ten pounds.

26 For I say vnto you, That vnto euery one which hath, shalbe giuen, and from him that hath not, euen that hee hath shalbe taken away from him.

27 But those mine enemies which would not that I should reigne ouer them, bring hither, and slay them before mee.

28 ¶ And when he had thus spoken, he went before, ascending vp to Hierusalem.

29 And it came to passe when he was come nigh to Bethphage and Bethanie, at the mount called the mount of Oliues, he sent two of his disciples,

30 Saying, Goe ye into the village ouer against you, in the which at your entring ye shall find a Colt tied, whereon yet neuer man sate: loose him, and bring him hither.

31 And if any man aske you, Why do ye loose him? Thus shall ye say vnto him, Because the Lord hath neede of him.

32 And they that were sent, went their way, and found euen as hee had said vnto them.

33 And as they were loosing the colt, the owners thereof said vnto them, Why loose ye the Colt?

34 And they said, The Lord hath need of him.

35 And they brought him to Iesus: and they cast their garments vpon the Colt, and they set Iesus thereon.

36 And as he went, they spread their clothes in the way.

37 And when he was come nigh euen now at the descent of the mount of Oliues, the whole multitude of the disciples began to reioyce and praise God with a loud voice, for all the mighty workes that they had seene,

38 Saying, Blessed bee the King that commeth in the Name of the Lord, peace in heauen, and glory in the Highest.

39 And some of the Pharisees from among the multitude saide vnto him, Master, rebuke thy disciples.

40 And he answered, and said vnto them, I tell you, that if these should holde their peace, the stones would immediatly cry out.

41 ¶ And when he was come neere, he beheld the city and wept ouer it,

42 Saying, If thou hadst knowen, euen thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong vnto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes.

43 For the dayes shall come vpon thee, that thine enemies shall cast a trench about thee, and compasse thee round, and keepe thee in on euery side,

44 And shall lay thee euen with the ground, and thy children within thee: and they shall not leaue in thee one stone vpon another, because thou knewest not the time of thy visitation.

45 And he went into the Temple, and began to cast out them that solde therein, and them that bought,

46 Saying vnto them, It is written, My house is the house of prayer: but ye haue made it a denne of theeues.

47 And he taught daily in the Temple. But the chiefe Priestes and the Scribes, and the chiefe of the people sought to destroy him,

48 And could not finde what they might doe: for all the people were very attentiue to heare him.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:04 am
Luke
Chapter 20

1 And it came to passe, that on one of those dayes, as he taught the people in the Temple, and preached the Gospel, the chiefe Priests and the Scribes came vpon him, with the Elders,

2 And spake vnto him, saying, Tell vs, by what authoritie doest thou these things? or who is hee that gaue thee this authoritie?

3 And hee answered, and said vnto them, I will also aske you one thing, and answere me.

4 The Baptisme of Iohn, was it from heauen, or of men?

5 And they reasoned with themselues, saying, If wee shall say, From heauen, he will say, Why then beleeued yee him not?

6 But and if we say, Of men, all the people will stone vs: for they be perswaded that Iohn was a Prophet.

7 And they answered, that they could not tell whence it was.

8 And Iesus said vnto them, Neither tell I you by what authoritie I doe these things.

9 Then began hee to speake to the people this parable: A certaine man planted a vineyard, and let it foorth to husbandmen, and went into a farre countrey for a long time.

10 And at the season, hee sent a seruant to the husbandmen, that they should giue him of the fruit of the vineyard, but the husbandmen beat him, and sent him away emptie.

11 And againe hee sent another seruant, and they beat him also, and entreated him shamefully, and sent him away emptie.

12 And againe he sent the third, and they wounded him also, & cast him out.

13 Then said the lord of the vineyard, What shall I doe? I will send my beloued sonne: it may be they will reuerence him when they see him.

14 But when the husbandmen saw him, they reasoned among themselues, saying, This is þe heire, come, let vs kill him, that the inheritance may be ours.

15 So they cast him out of the vineyard, and killed him. What therefore shall the lord of the vineyard doe vnto them?

16 Hee shall come and destroy these husbandmen, and shall giue the vineyard to others. And when they heard it, they said, God forbid.

17 And hee beheld them, and said, What is this then that is written, The stone which the builders reiected, the same is become the head of the corner?

18 Whosoeuer shall fall vpon that stone, shalbe broken: but on whomsoeuer it shall fall, it will grinde him to powder.

19 ¶ And the chiefe Priests and the Scribes the same houre sought to lay hands on him, and they feared the people: for they perceiued that he had spoken this parable against them.

20 And they watched him, and sent foorth spies, which should faine themselues iust men, that they might take holde of his words, that so they might deliuer him vnto the power and authoritie of the gouernour.

21 And they asked him, saying, Master, we know that thou sayest and teachest rightly, neither acceptest thou the person of any, but teachest the way of God truely.

22 Is it lawfull for vs to giue tribute vnto Cesar, or no?

23 But he perceiued their craftines, and said vnto them, Why tempt ye me?

24 Shew me a peny: whose image and superscription hath it? They answered, and said, Cesars.

25 And he said vnto them, Render therefore vnto Cesar the things which be Cesars, and vnto God the things which be Gods.

26 And they could not take holde of his wordes before the people, and they marueiled at his answere, and helde their peace.

27 ¶ Then came to him certaine of the Sadduces (which denie that there is any resurrection) and they asked him,

28 Saying, Master, Moses wrote vnto vs, If any mans brother die, hauing a wife, and hee die without children, that his brother should take his wife, and raise vp seede vnto his brother.

29 There were therefore seuen brethren, and the first tooke a wife, and died without children.

30 And the second tooke her to wife, and he died childlesse.

31 And the third tooke her, and in like maner the seuen also. And they left no children, and died.

32 Last of all the woman died also.

33 Therefore in the resurrection, whose wife of them is she? for seuen had her to wife.

34 And Iesus answering, said vnto them, The children of this world, marrie, and are giuen in marriage:

35 But they which shall be accompted worthy to obtaine that world, and the resurrection from the dead, neither marrie, nor are giuen in marriage.

36 Neither can they die any more; for they are equall vnto the Angels, and are the children of God, being the children of the resurrection.

37 Now that the dead are raised, euen Moses shewed at the bush, when he calleth the Lord, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isahac, and the God of Iacob.

38 For he is not a God of the dead, but of the liuing for all liue vnto him.

39 ¶ Then certaine of the Scribes answering, said, Master, Thou hast well said.

40 And after that, they durst not aske him any question at all.

41 And he said vnto them, How say they that Christ is Dauids sonne?

42 And Dauid himselfe saith in the booke of Psalmes, The Lord said to my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

43 Till I make thine enemies thy footestoole.

44 Dauid therefore calleth him, Lord, how is he then his sonne?

45 ¶ Then in the audience of all the people, he said vnto his disciples,

46 Beware of the Scribes, which desire to walke in long robes, and loue greetings in the markets, and the highest seates in the Synagogues, and the chiefe roumes at feasts:

47 Which deuoure widowes houses and for a shew make long prayers: the same shall receiue greater damnation.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:07 am
Luke
Chapter 21

1 And he looked vp, and saw the rich men casting their giftes into the treasurie.

2 And hee saw also a certaine poore widow, casting in thither two mites.

3 And he said, Of a truth, I say vnto you, that this poore widow hath cast in more then they all.

4 For all these haue of their abundance cast in vnto the offerings of God, but shee of her penurie hath cast in all the liuing that she had.

5 ¶ And as some spake of the Temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones, and gifts, he said,

6 As for these things which yee behold, the dayes will come, in the which there shal not be left one stone vpon another, that shal not be throwen downe.

7 And they asked him, saying, Master, but when shall these things be? and what signe wil there be, when these things shall come to passe?

8 And he said, Take heede that yee be not deceiued: for many shall come in my Name, saying, I am Christ, and the time draweth neere: goe yee not therefore after them.

9 But when ye shall heare of wars, and commotions, be not terrified: for these things must first come to passe, but the end is not by and by.

10 Then said he vnto them, Nation shall rise against nation, and kingdome against kingdome:

11 And great earthquakes shall be in diuers places, and famines, and pestilences: and fearefull sights and great signes shall there be from heauen.

12 But before all these, they shall lay their hands on you, and persecute you, deliuering you vp to the Synagogues, and into prisons, being brought before Kings and rulers for my Names sake.

13 And it shall turne to you for a testimony.

14 Settle it therfore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answere.

15 For I will giue you a mouth and wisedome, which all your aduersaries shall not be able to gainsay, nor resist.

16 And yee shall be betrayed both by parents and brethren, and kinsefolkes and friends, and some of you shall they cause to be put to death.

17 And ye shalbe hated of all men for my Names sake.

18 But there shall not a haire of your head perish.

19 In your patience possesse ye your soules.

20 And when yee shall see Hierusalem compassed with armies, then know that the desolation thereof is nigh.

21 Then let them which are in Iudea, flee to the mountaines, and let them which are in the midst of it, depart out, and let not them that are in the countreys, enter thereinto.

22 For these be the dayes of vengeance, that all things which are written may be fulfilled.

23 But woe vnto them that are with childe, and to them that giue sucke in those dayes, for there shalbe great distresse in the land, and wrath vpon this people.

24 And they shall fall by the edge of the sword, and shall bee led away captiue into all nations, and Hierusalem shall be troden downe of the Gentiles, vntill the times of the Gentiles bee fulfilled.

25 ¶ And there shalbe signes in the Sunne, and in the Moone, and in the Starres, and vpon the earth distresse of nations, with perplexity, the Sea and the waues roaring,

26 Mens hearts failing them for feare, and for looking after those things which are comming on the earth; For the powers of heauen shall be shaken.

27 And then shall they see the sonne of man comming in a cloud with power and great glory.

28 And when these things begin to come to passe, then looke vp, and lift vp your heads, for your redemptiou draweth nigh.

29 And he spake to them a parable, Behold the figge tree, and all the trees,

30 When they now shoot foorth, yee see and know of your owne selues, that summer is now nigh at hand.

31 So likewise yee, when yee see these things come to passe, know ye that the kingdome of God is nigh at hand.

32 Uerily I say vnto you, this generation shall not passe away, till all be fulfilled.

33 Heauen and earth shall passe away, but my words shall not passe away.

34 ¶ And take heed to your selues, least at any time your hearts be ouercharged with surfetting, and drunkennesse, and cares of this life, and so that day come vpon you vnawares.

35 For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth.

36 Watch ye therefore, and pray alwayes, that ye may be accompted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to passe, and to stand before the sonne of man.

37 And in the day time he was teaching in the Temple, and at night hee went out, and abode in the mount that is called the mount of Oliues.

38 And all the people came earely in the morning to him in the Temple, for to heare him.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:43 am
Luke
Chapter 22

1 Now þe feast of vnleuened bread drew nigh, which is called the Passeouer.

2 And the chiefe Priests and Scribes sought how they might kill him; for they feared the people.

3 ¶ Then entred Satan into Iudas surnamed Iscariot, being of the number of the twelue.

4 And he went his way, and communed with the chiefe Priests and captaines, how he might betray him vnto them.

5 And they were glad, and couenanted to giue him money.

6 And he promised, and sought opportunitie to betray him vnto them in the absence of the multitude.

7 ¶ Then came the day of vnleauened bread, when the Passeouer must be killed.

8 And he sent Peter and Iohn, saying, Goe and prepare vs the Passeouer, that we may eate.

9 And they said vnto him, Where wilt thou that we prepare?

10 And he said vnto them, Behold, when ye are entred into the citie, there shall a man meet you, bearing a pitcher of water, follow him into the house where he entreth in.

11 And yee shall say vnto the goodman of the house, The Master saith vnto thee, Where is the ghest-chamber where I shall eate the Passeouer with my disciples?

12 And he shall shew you a large vpper roume furnished, there make ready.

13 And they went, and found as hee had said vnto them, and they made readie the Passeouer.

14 And when the houre was come, he sate downe, and the twelue Apostles with him.

15 And he said vnto them, With desire I haue desired to eate this Passeouer with you before I suffer.

16 For I say vnto you, I will not any more eate thereof, vntill it be fulfilled in the kingdome of God.

17 And hee tooke the cup, and gaue thanks, and said, Take this, and diuide it among your selues.

18 For I say vnto you, I will not drinke of the fruit of the Uine, vntill the kingdome of God shall come.

19 ¶ And hee tooke bread, and gaue thankes, and brake it, and gaue vnto them, saying, This is my body which is giuen for you, this doe in remembrance of me.

20 Likewise also the cup after supper, saying, This cup is the New Testament in my blood, which is shed for you.

21 ¶ But beholde, the hand of him that betrayeth mee, is with mee on the table.

22 And truly the Sonne of man goeth as it was determined, but woe vnto that man by whom he is betraied.

23 And they began to enquire among themselues, which of them it was that should doe this thing.

24 ¶ And there was also a strife among them, which of them should bee accompted the greatest.

25 And hee saide vnto them, The Kings of the Gentiles exercise lordship ouer them, & they that exercise authoritie vpon them, are called benefactors.

26 But ye shall not be so; but he that is greatest among you, let him be as the yonger, and he that is chiefe, as he that doeth serue.

27 For whether is greater, hee that sitteth at meat, or hee that serueth? Is not he that sitteth at meat? But I am among you as he that serueth.

28 Ye are they which haue continued with me in my temptations.

29 And I appoint vnto you a kingdome, as my Father hath appointed vnto me,

30 That yee may eate and drinke at my table in my kingdome, and sit on thrones iudging the twelue Tribes of Israel.

31 ¶ And the Lord said, Simon, Simon, beholde, Satan hath desired to haue you, that he may sift you as wheat:

32 But I haue prayed for thee, that thy faith faile not; and when thou art conuerted, strengthen thy brethren.

33 And hee said vnto him, Lord, I am ready to goe with thee both into prison, and to death.

34 And hee said, I tell thee Peter, the cocke shall not crow this day, before that thou shalt thrise denie that thou knowest me.

35 And he said vnto them, When I sent you without purse, and scrip, and shooes, lacked ye any thing? And they said, Nothing.

36 Then saide hee vnto them, But now he that hath a purse, let him take it, and likewise his scrip: and hee that hath no sword, let him sel his garment, and buy one.

37 For I say vnto you, that this that is written, must yet be accomplished in me, And he was reckoned among the transgressors: For the things concerning me haue an end.

38 And they said, Lord, behold, here are two swords. And hee saide vnto them, It is ynough.

39 ¶ And he came out, and went, as hee was wont, to the mount of Oliues, and his disciples also followed him.

40 And when he was at the place, he said vnto them, Pray, that yee enter not into temptation.

41 And he was withdrawen from them about a stones cast, and kneeled downe, and prayed,

42 Saying, Father, if thou be willing, remooue this cup from me: neuerthelesse, not my will, but thine be done.

43 And there appeared an Angel vnto him from heauen, strengthening him.

44 And being in an agonie, he prayed more earnestly, and his sweat was as it were great drops of blood falling downe to the ground.

45 And when he rose vp from prayer, and was come to his disciples, hee found them sleeping for sorrow,

46 And said vnto them, Why sleepe yee? Rise, and pray, lest yee enter into temptation.

47 ¶ And while he yet spake, behold, a multitude, and hee that was called Iudas, one of the twelue, went before them, and drewe neere vnto Iesus, to kisse him.

48 But Iesus said vnto him, Iudas, betrayest thou the sonne of man with a kisse?

49 When they which were about him, saw what would follow, they said vnto him, Lord, shall wee smite with the sword?

50 ¶ And one of them smote the seruant of the high Priest, and cut off his right eare.

51 And Iesus answered, and said, Suffer ye thus farre. And he touched his eare, and healed him.

52 Then Iesus said vnto the chiefe Priests, and captaines of the Temple, and the Elders which were come to him, Be ye come out as against a thiefe, with swords and staues?

53 When I was daily with you in the Temple, yee stretched foorth no hands against mee: but this is your houre, and the power of darkenesse.

54 ¶ Then tooke they him, and led him, and brought him into the high Priests house, and Peter followed afarre off.

55 And when they had kindled a fire in the middes of the hall, and were set downe together, Peter sate downe among them.

56 But a certaine maide beheld him as he sate by the fire, and earnestly looked vpon him, and said, This man was also with him.

57 And he denied him, saying, Woman, I know him not.

58 And after a little while another saw him, & said, Thou art also of them. And Peter said, Man, I am not.

59 And about the space of one houre after, another confidently affirmed, saying, Of a trueth this fellow also was with him; for he is a Galilean.

60 And Peter said, Man, I know not what thou sayest. And immediately while he yet spake, the cocke crew.

61 And the Lord turned, and looked vpon Peter; and Peter remembred the word of the Lord, how he had said vnto him, Before the cocke crow, thou shalt deny me thrise.

62 And Peter went out, and wept bitterly.

63 ¶ And the men that helde Iesus, mocked him, and smote him.

64 And when they had blindfolded him, they stroke him on the face, and asked him, saying, Prophesie, who is it that smote thee?

65 And many other things blasphemously spake they against him.

66 ¶ And assoone as it was day, the Elders of the people, & the chiefe Priests and the Scribes came together, and led him into their Councell, saying,

67 Art thou the Christ? Tell vs. And hee said vnto them, If I tell you, you will not beleeue.

68 And if I also aske you, you will not answere me, nor let me goe.

69 Hereafter shal the sonne of man sit on the right hand of the power of God.

70 Then said they all, Art thou then the Sonne of God? And hee said vnto them, Ye say that I am.

71 And they said, What need we any further witnesse? For wee our selues haue heard of his owne mouth.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 2:55 am
Luke
Chapter 23

1 And the whole multitude of them arose, and led him vnto Pilate.

2 And they began to accuse him, saying, We found this fellow peruerting the nation, and forbidding to giue tribute to Cesar, saying, that he himselfe is Christ a king.

3 And Pilate asked him, saying, Art thou the king of the Iewes? And he answered him, & said, Thou sayest it.

4 Then saide Pilate to the chiefe Priests, and to the people, I finde no fault in this man.

5 And they were the more fierce, saying, He stirreth vp the people, teaching thorowout all Iurie, beginning from Galilee to this place.

6 When Pilate heard of Galilee, he asked whether the man were a Galilean.

7 And assoone as he knew that hee belonged vnto Herods iurisdiction, hee sent him to Herode, who himselfe also was at Hierusalem at that time.

8 ¶ And when Herode saw Iesus, he was exceeding glad, for hee was desirous to see him of a long season, because he had heard many things of him, and hee hoped to haue seene some miracle done by him.

9 Then he questioned with him in many words, but he answered him nothing.

10 And the chiefe Priests and Scribes stood, and vehemently accused him.

11 And Herod with his men of warre set him at naught, and mocked him, and arayed him in a gorgeous robe, and sent him againe to Pilate.

12 ¶ And the same day Pilate and Herod were made friends together; for before, they were at enmitie betweene themselues.

13 ¶ And Pilate, when hee had called together the chiefe Priests, and the rulers, and the people,

14 Said vnto them, Ye haue brought this man vnto me, as one that peruerteth the people, and behold, I hauing examined him before you, haue found no fault in this man, touching those things whereof ye accuse him.

15 No, nor yet Herod: for I sent you to him, and loe, nothing worthy of death is done vnto him.

16 I will therefore chastise him, and release him.

17 For of necessitie hee must release one vnto them at the Feast.

18 And they cried out all at once, saying, Away with this man, and release vnto vs Barabbas,

19 Who for a certaine sedition made in the citie, and for murder, was cast in prison.

20 Pilate therefore willing to release Iesus, spake againe to them:

21 But they cried, saying, Crucifie him, crucifie him.

22 And hee said vnto them the third time, Why, what euill hath he done? I haue found no cause of death in him, I will therefore chastise him, & let him goe.

23 And they were instant with loud voyces, requiring that he might be crucified: and the voyces of them, and of the chiefe Priests preuailed.

24 And Pilate gaue sentence that it should be as they required.

25 And he released vnto them, him that for sedition and murder was cast into prison, whom they had desired, but he deliuered Iesus to their will.

26 And as they led him away, they laid hold vpon one Simon a Cyrenian, comming out of the countrey, and on him they laid the crosse, that hee might beare it after Iesus.

27 ¶ And there followed him a great company of people, and of women, which also bewailed & lamented him.

28 But Iesus turning vnto them, said, Daughters of Hierusalem, weepe not for me, but weepe for your selues, and for your children.

29 For beholde, the dayes are comming, in the which they shall say, Blessed are the barren, and the wombs that neuer bare, and the paps which neuer gaue sucke.

30 Then shall they begin to say to the mountaines, Fall on vs, and to the hils, Couer vs.

31 For if they doe these things in a green tree, what shalbe done in the drie?

32 And there were also two other malefactors led with him, to bee put to death.

33 And when they were come to the place which is called Caluarie, there they crucified him, and the malefactors, one on the right hand, and the other on the left.

34 ¶ Then said Iesus, Father, forgiue them, for they know not what they doe: And they parted his raiment, and cast lots.

35 And the people stood beholding, & the rulers also with them derided him, saying, Hee saued others, let him saue himselfe, if he be Christ, þe chosen of God.

36 And the souldiers also mocked him, comming to him, and offering him vineger,

37 And saying, If thou be the king of the Iewes, saue thy selfe.

38 And a superscription also was written ouer him in letters of Greeke, and Latin, & Hebrew, THIS IS THE KING OF THE IEWES.

39 ¶ And one of þe malefactors, which were hanged, railed on him, saying, If thou be Christ, saue thy selfe and vs.

40 But the other answering, rebuked him, saying, Doest not thou feare God, seeing thou art in the same condemnation?

41 And we indeed iustly; for we receiue the due reward of our deeds, but this man hath done nothing amisse.

42 And he said vnto Iesus, Lord, remember me when thou commest into thy kingdome.

43 And Iesus said vnto him, Uerily, I say vnto thee, to day shalt thou be with me in Paradise.

44 And it was about the sixt houre, and there was a darkenesse ouer all the earth, vntill the ninth houre.

45 And the Sunne was darkened, and the vaile of the temple was rent in the mids.

46 ¶ And when Iesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: And hauing said thus, he gaue vp the ghost.

47 Now when the Centurion saw what was done, he glorified God, saying, Certainly this was a righteous man.

48 And all the people that came together to that sight, beholding the things which were done, smote their breasts, and returned.

49 And all his acquaintance, and the women that followed him from Galilee, stood a farre off, beholding these things.

50 ¶ And behold, there was a man named Ioseph, a counseller, and hee was a good man, and a iust.

51 (The same had not consented to the counsell and deede of them) he was of Arimathea, a city of the Iewes (who also himselfe waited for the kingdome of God.)

52 This man went vnto Pilate, and begged the body of Iesus.

53 And he tooke it downe, and wrapped it in linnen, and layd it in a Sepulchre that was hewen in stone, wherein neuer man before was layd.

54 And that day was the Preparation, and the Sabbath drew on.

55 And the women also which came with him from Galilee, followed after, and beheld the Sepulchre, and how his body was layd.

56 And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments, and rested the Sabbath day, according to the commandement.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2018 9:26 am
Luke
Chapter 24

1 Now vpon the first day of the weeke, very earely in the morning, they came vnto the Sepulchre, bringing the spices which they had prepared, and certaine others with them.

2 And they found the stone rolled away from the Sepulchre.

3 And they entred in, and found not the body of the Lord Iesus.

4 And it came to passe, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments.

5 And as they were afraid, and bowed downe their faces to the earth, they said vnto them, Why seek ye the liuing among the dead?

6 He is not heere, but is risen: Remember how he spake vnto you when he was yet in Galilee,

7 Saying, The Sonne of man must be deliuered into the hands of sinfull men, and be crucified, and the third day rise againe.

8 And they remembred his words,

9 And returned from the Sepulchre, and told all these things vnto the eleuen, and to all the rest.

10 It was Marie Magdalene, & Ioanna, & Mary the mother of Iames, and other women that were with them, which tolde these things vnto the Apostles.

11 And their words seemed to them as idle tales, and they beleeued them not.

12 Then arose Peter, and ranne vnto the Sepulchre, and stowping downe, hee behelde the linnen clothes layd by themselues, and departed, wondering in himselfe at that which was come to passe.

13 ¶ And behold, two of them went that same day to a village called Emaus, which was from Hierusalem about threescore furlongs.

14 And they talked together of all these things which had happened.

15 And it came to passe, that while they communed together, and reasoned, Iesus himselfe drew neere, and went with them.

16 But their eyes were holden, that they should not know him.

17 And he said vnto them, What maner of communications are these that yee haue one to another as yee walke, and are sad?

18 And the one of them, whose name was Cleophas, answering, saide vnto him, Art thou onely a stranger in Hierusalem, and hast not knowen the things which are come to passe there in these dayes?

19 And hee saide vnto them, What things? And they said vnto him, Concerning Iesus of Nazareth, which was a Prophet, mighty in deede and word before God, and all the people.

20 And how the chiefe Priests and our rulers deliuered him to be condemned to death, and haue crucified him.

21 But wee trusted that it had bene hee, which should haue redeemed Israel: and beside all this, to day is the third day since these things were done.

22 Yea, and certaine women also of our company made vs astonished, which were early at the Sepulchre:

23 And when they found not his bodie, they came, saying, that they had also seene a vision of Angels, which saide that he was aliue.

24 And certaine of them which were with vs, went to the Sepulchre, and found it euen so as the women had said, but him they saw not.

25 Then hee saide vnto them, O fooles, and slow of heart to beleeue all that the Prophets haue spoken:

26 Ought not Christ to haue suffered these things, and to enter into his glorie?

27 And beginning at Moses, and all the Prophets, hee expounded vnto them in all the Scriptures, the things concerning himselfe.

28 And they drew nigh vnto the village, whither they went, and hee made as though hee would haue gone further.

29 But they constrained him, saying, Abide with vs, for it is towards euening, and the day is farre spent: And he went in, to tarrie with them.

30 And it came to passe, as hee sate at meate with them, hee tooke bread, and blessed it, and brake, and gaue to them.

31 And their eyes were opened, and they knew him, and he vanished out of their sight.

32 And they said one vnto another, Did not our heart burne within vs, while hee talked with vs by the way, and while hee opened to vs the Scriptures?

33 And they rose vp the same houre, and returned to Hierusalem, and found the eleuen gathered together, and them that were with them,

34 Saying, The Lord is risen indeed, and hath appeared to Simon.

35 And they told what things were done in the way, & how he was knowen of them in breaking of bread.

36 ¶ And as they thus spake, Iesus himselfe stood in the midst of them, and sayeth vnto them, Peace bee vnto you.

37 But they were terrified, and afrighted, and supposed that they had seene a spirit.

38 And he said vnto them, Why are yee troubled, and why doe thoughts arise in your hearts?

39 Beholde my hands and my feete, that it is I my selfe: handle me, and see, for a spirit hath not flesh and bones, as ye see me haue.

40 And when hee had thus spoken, hee shewed them his handes and his feete.

41 And while they yet beleeued not for ioy, and wondered, hee saide vnto them, Haue ye here any meat?

42 And they gaue him a piece of a broyled fish, and of an hony combe.

43 And he tooke it, and did eate before them.

44 And hee said vnto them, These are the words which I spake vnto you, while I was yet with you, þt all things must be fulfilled, which were written in the Law of Moses, & in the Prophets, and in the Psalmes concerning me.

45 Then opened he their vnderstanding, that they might vnderstand the Scriptures,

46 And said vnto them, Thus it is written, & thus it behoued Christ to suffer, & to rise from the dead the third day:

47 And that repentance and remission of sinnes should be preached in his Name, among all nations, beginning at Hierusalem.

48 And yee are witnesses of these things.

49 ¶ And behold, I send the promise of my Father vpon you: but tarie ye in the citie of Hierusalem, vntill ye be indued with power from on high.

50 ¶ And he led them out as farre as to Bethanie, and hee lift vp his hands, and blessed them.

51 And it came to passe, while hee blessed them, hee was parted from them, and caried vp into heauen.

52 And they worshipped him, and returned to Hierusalem, with great ioy:

53 And were continually in the Temple, praising and blessing God. Amen.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2018 11:51 am
John
Chapter 1

1 In the beginning was the Word, & the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

2 The same was in the beginning with God.

3 All things were made by him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.

4 In him was life, and the life was the light of men.

5 And the light shineth in darknesse, and the darknesse comprehended it not.

6 ¶ There was a man sent from God, whose name was Iohn.

7 The same came for a witnesse, to beare witnesse of the light, that all men through him might beleeue.

8 Hee was not that light, but was sent to beare witnesse of that light.

9 That was the true light, which lighteth euery man that commeth into the world.

10 Hee was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

11 Hee came vnto his owne, and his owne receiued him not.

12 But as many as receiued him, to them gaue hee power to become the sonnes of God, euen to them that beleeue on his Name:

13 Which were borne, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.

14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among vs (& we beheld his glory, the glory as of the onely begotten of the Father) full of grace and trueth.

15 ¶ Iohn bare witnesse of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that commeth after me, is preferred before me, for he was before me.

16 And of his fulnesse haue all wee receiued, and grace for grace.

17 For the Law was giuen by Moses, but grace and trueth came by Iesus Christ.

18 No man hath seene God at any time: the onely begotten Sonne, which is in the bosome of the Father, he hath declared him.

19 ¶ And this is the record of Iohn, when the Iewes sent Priests and Leuites from Hierusalem, to aske him, Who art thou?

20 And he confessed, and denied not: but confessed, I am not the Christ.

21 And they asked him, What then? Art thou Elias? And he saith, I am not. Art thou that Prophet? And hee answered, No.

22 Then said they vnto him, Who art thou, that we may giue an answere to them that sent vs? What sayest thou of thy selfe?

23 He said, I am the voice of one crying in the wildernesse: Make straight the way of the Lord, as said the Prophet Esaias.

24 And they which were sent, were of the Pharises.

25 And they asked him, and said vnto him, Why baptizest thou then, if thou be not that Christ, nor Elias, neither that Prophet?

26 Iohn answered them, saying, I baptize with water, but there standeth one among you, whom ye know not,

27 He it is, who comming after me, is preferred before me, whose shoes latchet I am not worthy to vnloose.

28 These things were done in Bethabara beyond Iordane, where Iohn was baptizing.

29 ¶ The next day, Iohn seeth Iesus comming vnto him, and saith, Behold the Lambe of God, which taketh away the sinne of the world.

30 This is he of whom I said, After me commeth a man, which is preferred before me: for he was before me.

31 And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therfore am I come baptizing with water.

32 And Iohn bare record saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heauen, like a Doue, and it abode vpon him.

33 And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said vnto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, & remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the holy Ghost.

34 And I saw, and bare record, that this is the sonne of God.

35 ¶ Againe the next day after, Iohn stood, and two of his disciples.

36 And looking vpon Iesus as he walked, he saith, Behold the Lambe of God.

37 And the two disciples heard him speake, and they followed Iesus.

38 Then Iesus turned, and saw them following, and saith vnto them, What seeke ye? They said vnto him, Rabbi, (which is to say being interpreted, Master) where dwellest thou?

39 He saith vnto them, Come and see. They came and saw where he dwelt, and abode with him that day: for it was about the tenth houre.

40 One of the two which heard Iohn speake, and followed him, was Andrew, Simon Peters brother.

41 He first findeth his owne brother Simon, and saith vnto him, We haue found the Messias, which is, being interpreted, the Christ.

42 And he brought him to Iesus. And when Iesus beheld him, he said, Thou art Simon the sonne of Iona, thou shalt be called Cephas, which is by interpretation, a stone.

43 ¶ The day following, Iesus would goe foorth into Galilee, & findeth Philip, & saith vnto him, Follow me.

44 Now Philip was of Bethsaida, the citie of Andrew and Peter.

45 Philip findeth Nathaneel, and saith vnto him, We haue found him of whom Moses in the Law, and the Prophets did write, Iesus of Nazareth the sonne of Ioseph.

46 And Nathaneel said vnto him, Can there any good thing come out of Nazareth? Philip saith vnto him, Come and see.

47 Iesus saw Nathaneel comming to him, and saith of him, Behold an Israelite indeed in whom is no guile.

48 Nathaneel sayeth vnto him, Whence knowest thou me? Iesus answered, and said vnto him, Before that Philip called thee, when thou wast vnder the figge tree, I saw thee.

49 Nathaneel answered, and saith vnto him, Rabbi, thou art the Sonne of God, thou art the king of Israel.

50 Iesus answered, and said vnto him, Because I said vnto thee, I saw thee vnder the figge tree, beleeuest thou? thou shalt see greater things then these.

51 And hee saith vnto him, Uerily, verily I say vnto you, heereafter yee shall see heauen open, and the Angels of God ascending, and descending vpon the sonne of man.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2018 10:47 am
John
Chapter 2

1 And the third day there was a mariage in Cana of Galilee, and the mother of Iesus was there.

2 And both Iesus was called, and his disciples, to the mariage.

3 And when they wanted wine, the mother of Iesus saith vnto him, They haue no wine.

4 Iesus saith vnto her, Woman, what haue I to doe with thee? mine houre is not yet come.

5 His mother saith vnto þe seruants, Whatsoeuer he saith vnto you, doe it.

6 And there were set there sixe water pots of stone, after the maner of the purifying of the Iewes, conteining two or three firkins apeece.

7 Iesus saith vnto them, Fill the water pots with water. And they filled them vp to the brimme.

8 And hee saith vnto them, Drawe out now, and beare vnto the gouernor of the feast. And they bare it.

9 When the ruler of the feast had tasted the water that was made wine, and knew not whence it was, (but the seruants which drew the water knew) the gouernor of the feast called the bridegrome,

10 And saith vnto him, Euery man at the beginning doth set foorth good wine, and when men haue well drunke, then that which is worse: but thou hast kept the good wine vntill now.

11 This beginning of miracles did Iesus in Cana of Galilee, and manifested forth his glory, and his disciples beleeued on him.

12 ¶ After this hee went downe to Capernaum, hee and his mother, and his brethren, and his disciples, and they continued there not many dayes.

13 ¶ And the Iewes Passeouer was at hand, & Iesus went vp to Hierusalem

14 And found in the Temple those that sold oxen, and sheepe, and doues, and the changers of money, sitting.

15 And when he had made a scourge of small cordes, he droue them all out of the Temple, and the sheepe & the oxen, and powred out the changers money, and ouerthrew the tables,

16 And said vnto them that sold doues Take these things hence, make not my fathers house an house of merchandize.

17 And his disciples remembred that it was written, The zeale of thine house hath eaten me vp.

18 ¶ Then answered the Iewes, and said vnto him, What signe shewest thou vnto vs, seeing that thou doest these things?

19 Iesus answered, and said vnto them, Destroy this temple, and in three dayes I will raise it vp.

20 Then said the Iewes, Fourty and six yeres was this Temple in building, and wilt thou reare it vp in three dayes?

21 But he spake of the temple of his body.

22 When therefore hee was risen from the dead, his disciples remembred that hee had said this vnto them: and they beleeued the Scripture, and the word which Iesus had said.

23 ¶ Now when hee was in Hierusalem at the Passeouer, in the feast day, many beleeued in his Name, when they saw the miracles which he did.

24 But Iesus did not commit himselfe vnto them, because he knew al men,

25 And needed not that any should testifie of man: for hee knew what was in man.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2018 9:11 am
John
Chapter 3

1 There was a man of the Pharisees, named Nicodemus, a ruler of þe Iewes:

2 The same came to Iesus by night, and said vnto him, Rabbi, wee know that thou art a teacher come from God: for no man can doe these miracles that thou doest, except God be with him.

3 Iesus answered, and said vnto him, Uerily, verily I say vnto thee, except a man be borne againe, he cannot see the kingdome of God.

4 Nicodemus saith vnto him, How can a man be borne when he is old? can he enter the second time into his mothers wombe, and be borne?

5 Iesus answered, Uerily, verily I say vnto thee, except a man be borne of water and of the spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdome of God.

6 That which is borne of the flesh, is flesh, and that which is borne of the spirit, is spirit.

7 Marueile not that I saide vnto thee, Ye must be borne againe.

8 The winde bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tel whence it commeth, and whither it goeth: So is euery one that is borne of the Spirit.

9 Nicodemus answered, and said vnto him, How can these things be?

10 Iesus answered, and saide vnto him, Art thou a master of Israel, and knowest not these things?

11 Uerely, verely I say vnto thee, We speake that we doe know, and testifie that wee haue seene; and yee receiue not our witnesse.

12 If I haue tolde you earthly things, and ye beleeue not: how shall ye beleeue if I tell you of heauenly things?

13 And no man hath ascended vp to heauen, but hee that came downe from heauen, euen the Sonne of man which is in heauen.

14 ¶ And as Moses lifted vp the serpent in the wildernesse: euen so must the Sonne of man be lifted vp:

15 That whosoeuer beleeueth in him, should not perish, but haue eternall life.

16 ¶ For God so loued þe world, that he gaue his only begotten Sonne: that whosoeuer beleeueth in him, should not perish, but haue euerlasting life.

17 For God sent not his Sonne into the world to condemne the world: but that the world through him might be saued.

18 ¶ He that beleeueth on him, is not condemned: but hee that beleeueth not, is condemned already, because hee hath not beleeued in the Name of the onely begotten Sonne of God.

19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loued darknesse rather then light, because their deedes were euill.

20 For euery one that doeth euill, hateth the light, neither commeth to the light, lest his deeds should be reproued.

21 But hee that doeth trueth, commeth to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.

22 ¶ After these things, came Iesus and his disciples into the land of Iudea, and there hee taried with them, and baptized.

23 ¶ And Iohn also was baptizing in Aenon, neere to Salim, because there was much water there: and they came, and were baptized.

24 For Iohn was not yet cast into prison.

25 ¶ Then there arose a question between some of Iohns disciples and the Iewes, about purifying.

26 And they came vnto Iohn, and said vnto him, Rabbi, he that was with thee beyond Iordane, to whom thou barest witnesse, behold, the same baptizeth, and all men come to him.

27 Iohn answered, and said, A man can receiue nothing, except it be giuen him from heauen.

28 Ye your selues beare me witnesse, that I said, I am not the Christ, but that I am sent before him.

29 He that hath the bride, is the bridegrome: but the friend of the bridegrome, which standeth and heareth him, reioyceth greatly because of the bridegromes voice: This my ioy therefore is fulfilled.

30 Hee must increase, but I must decrease.

31 Hee that commeth from aboue, is aboue all: hee that is of the earth, is earthly, and speaketh of the earth: hee that cōmeth from heauen is aboue all:

32 And what hee hath seene and heard, that he testifieth, and no man receiueth his testimony:

33 He that hath receiued his testimonie, hath set to his seale, that God is true.

34 For he whom God hath sent, speaketh the words of God: For God giueth not the Spirit by measure vnto him.

35 The Father loueth the Sonne, and hath giuen al things into his hand.

36 He that beleeueth on the Sonne, hath euerlasting life: and he that beleeueth not the Sonne, shall not see life: but the wrath of God abideth on him.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2018 10:23 am
John
Chapter 4

1 When therefore the Lord knew how the Pharisees had heard that Iesus made and baptized moe disciples then Iohn,

2 (Though Iesus himselfe baptized not, but his disciples: )

3 He left Iudea, and departed againe into Galile.

4 And hee must needs goe thorow Samaria.

5 Then commeth he to a city of Samaria, which is called Sychar, neere to the parcell of ground that Iacob gaue to his sonne Ioseph.

6 Now Iacobs Well was there. Iesus therefore being wearied with his iourney, sate thus on the Well: and it was about the sixth houre.

7 There commeth a woman of Samaria to draw water: Iesus sayth vnto her, Giue me to drinke.

8 For his disciples were gone away vnto the city to buy meate.

9 Then saith the woman of Samaria vnto him, How is it that thou, being a Iewe, askest drinke of me, which am a woman of Samaria? For the Iewes haue no dealings with the Samaritanes.

10 Iesus answered, and said vnto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that sayth to thee, Giue me to drinke; thou wouldest haue asked of him, and hee would haue giuen thee liuing water.

11 The woman saith vnto him, Sir, thou hast nothing to drawe with, and the Well is deepe: from whence then hast thou that liuing water?

12 Art thou greater then our father Iacob, which gaue vs the Well, and dranke thereof himselfe, and his children, and his cattell?

13 Iesus answered, and said vnto her, Whosoeuer drinketh of this water, shall thirst againe:

14 But whosoeuer drinketh of the water that I shal giue him, shall neuer thirst: but the water that I shall giue him, shalbe in him a well of water springing vp into euerlasting life.

15 The woman saith vnto him, Sir, giue me this water, that I thirst not, neither come hither to draw.

16 Iesus saith vnto her, Goe, call thy husband, and come hither.

17 The woman answered, and said, I haue no husband. Iesus said vnto her, Thou hast well said, I haue no husband:

18 For thou hast had fiue husbands, and he whom thou now hast, is not thy husband: In that saidest thou truely.

19 The woman saith vnto him, Sir, I perceiue that thou art a Prophet.

20 Our fathers worshipped in this mountaine, and ye say, that in Hierusalem is the place where men ought to worship.

21 Iesus saith vnto her, Woman, beleeue me, the houre commeth when ye shall neither in this mountaine, nor yet at Hierusalem, worship the Father.

22 Ye worship ye know not what: we know what we worship: for saluation is of the Iewes.

23 But the houre commeth, and now is, when the true worshippers shall worship the Father in spirit, and in trueth: for the Father seeketh such to worship him.

24 God is a Spirit, and they that worship him, must worship him in spirit, and in trueth.

25 The woman saith vnto him, I know that Messias commeth, which is called Christ: when he is come, hee will tell vs all things.

26 Iesus sayth vnto her, I that speake vnto thee, am hee.

27 ¶ And vpon this came his disciples, and marueiled that he talked with the woman: yet no man said, What seekest thou, or, Why talkest thou with her?

28 The woman then left her waterpot, and went her way into the city, and sayth to the men,

29 Come, see a man, which tolde me all things that euer I did: Is not this the Christ?

30 Then they went out of the citie, and came vnto him.

31 ¶ In the meane while his disciples prayed him, saying, Master, eate.

32 But hee said vnto them, I haue meate to eate that ye know not of.

33 Therefore said the disciples one to another, Hath any man brought him ought to eate?

34 Iesus saith vnto them, My meat is, to doe the will of him that sent mee, and to finish his worke.

35 Say not ye, There are yet foure moneths, and then commeth haruest? Behold, I say vnto you, Lift vp your eyes, and looke on the fields: for they are white already to haruest.

36 And hee that reapeth receiueth wages, and gathereth fruite vnto life eternall: that both he that soweth, and he that reapeth, may reioyce together.

37 And herein is that saying true: One soweth, and another reapeth.

38 I sent you to reape that, whereon ye bestowed no labour: other men laboured, and yee are entred into their labours.

39 ¶ And many of the Samaritanes of that citie beleeued on him, for the saying of the woman, which testified, Hee told me all that euer I did.

40 So when the Samaritanes were come vnto him, they besought him that he would tarie with them, and he abode there two dayes.

41 And many moe beleeued, because of his owne word:

42 And said vnto the woman, Now we beleeue, not because of thy saying, for we haue heard him our selues, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Sauiour of the world.

43 ¶ Now after two dayes he departed thence, and went into Galilee:

44 For Iesus himselfe testified, that a Prophet hath no honour in his owne countrey.

45 Then when hee was come into Galilee, the Galileans receiued him, hauing seene all the things that hee did at Hierusalem at the Feast: for they also went vnto the Feast.

46 So Iesus came againe into Cana of Galilee, where hee made the water wine. And there was a certaine noble man, whose sonne was sicke at Capernaum.

47 When he heard that Iesus was come out of Iudea into Galilee, hee went vnto him, and besought him that he would come downe, and heale his sonne: for he was at the point of death.

48 Then said Iesus vnto him, Except ye see signes and wonders, yee will not beleeue.

49 The noble man saith vnto him, Syr, come downe ere my child die.

50 Iesus saith vnto him, Go thy way, thy sonne liueth. And the man beleeued the word that Iesus had spoken vnto him, and he went his way.

51 And as he was now going down, his seruants met him, and told him, saying, Thy sonne liueth.

52 Then inquired hee of them the houre when he began to amend: and they said vnto him, Yesterday at the seuenth houre the feuer left him.

53 So the father knewe that it was at the same houre, in the which Iesus said vnto him, Thy sonne liueth, and himselfe beleeued, and his whole house.

54 This is againe the second miracle that Iesus did, when hee was come out of Iudea into Galilee.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2018 2:12 pm
John
Chapter 5

1 After this there was a feast of the Iewes, and Iesus went vp to Hierusalem.

2 Now there is at Hierusalem by the sheepe market, a poole, which is called in the Hebrew tongue Bethesda, hauing fiue porches.

3 In these lay a great multitude of impotent folke, of blind, halt, withered, waiting for the mouing of the water.

4 For an Angel went downe at a certaine season into the poole, and troubled the water: whosoeuer then first after the troubling of the water stepped in, was made whole of whatsoeuer disease he had.

5 And a certaine man was there, which had an infirmitie thirtie and eight yeeres.

6 When Iesus saw him lie, & knew that hee had beene now a long time in that case, he sayth vnto him, Wilt thou be made whole?

7 The impotent man answered him, Sir, I haue no man when the water is troubled, to put mee into the poole: but while I am comming, another steppeth downe before me.

8 Iesus sayth vnto him, Rise, take vp thy bed, and walke.

9 And immediatly the man was made whole, and tooke vp his bed, and walked: And on the same day was the Sabbath.

10 ¶ The Iewes therefore said vnto him that was cured, It is the Sabbath day, it is not lawfull for thee to cary thy bed.

11 He answered them, He that made me whole, the same said vnto me, Take vp thy bed, and walke.

12 Then asked they him, What man is that which said vnto thee, Take vp thy bed, and walke?

13 And he that was healed, wist not who it was: for Iesus had conueyed himselfe away, a multitude being in that place.

14 Afterward Iesus findeth him in the Temple, & said vnto him, Behold, thou art made whole: sinne no more, lest a worse thing come vnto thee.

15 The man departed, and tolde the Iewes that it was Iesus which had made him whole.

16 And therefore did the Iewes persecute Iesus, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the Sabbath day.

17 ¶ But Iesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, & I worke.

18 Therefore the Iewes sought the more to kill him, not onely because hee had broken the Sabbath, but said also, that God was his father, making himselfe equall with God.

19 Then answered Iesus, and saide vnto them, Uerily, verily I say vnto you, The sonne can doe nothing of himselfe, but what he seeth the Father doe: for what things soeuer he doeth, these also doth the sonne likewise.

20 For the father loueth the sonne, and sheweth him all things that himselfe doth: & he will shew him greater works then these, that ye may marueile.

21 For as the Father raiseth vp the dead, and quickeneth them: euen so the Sonne quickeneth whom he will.

22 For the Father iudgeth no man: but hath committed all iudgement vnto the Sonne:

23 That all men should honour the Son, euen as they honour the Father. He that honoureth not þe Sonne, honoreth not þe Father which hath sent him.

24 Uerily, verily I say vnto you, Hee that heareth my word, & beleeueth on him that sent mee, hath euerlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation: but is passed from death vnto life.

25 Uerily, verily I say vnto you, The houre is comming, & now is, when the dead shall heare the voice of the Sonne of God: and they that heare, shall liue.

26 For as the Father hath life in himselfe: so hath he giuen to the Sonne to haue life in himselfe:

27 And hath giuen him authority to execute iudgement also, because he is the Sonne of man.

28 Marueile not at this: for the houre is comming, in the which all that are in the graues shall heare his voice,

29 And shall come foorth, they that haue done good, vnto the resurrection of life, and they that haue done euill, vnto the resurrection of damnation.

30 I can of mine owne selfe doe nothing: as I heare, I iudge: and my iudgement is iust, because I seeke not mine owne will, but the will of the Father, which hath sent me.

31 If I beare witnesse of my selfe, my witnesse is not true.

32 ¶ There is another that beareth witnesse of me, & I know that the witnesse which he witnesseth of me, is true.

33 Ye sent vnto Iohn, and he bare witnesse vnto the trueth.

34 But I receiue not testimonie from man: but these things I say, that ye might be saued.

35 He was a burning and a shining light: and ye were willing for a season to reioyce in his light.

36 ¶ But I haue greater witnesse then that of Iohn: for the workes which the Father hath giuen me to finish, the same workes that I doe, beare witnesse of mee, that the Father hath sent me.

37 And the Father himselfe which hath sent me, hath borne witnesse of me. Ye haue neither heard his voyce at any time, nor seene his shape.

38 And ye haue not his word abiding in you: for whom he hath sent, him ye beleeue not.

39 ¶ Search the Scriptures, for in them ye thinke ye haue eternall life, and they are they which testifie of me.

40 And ye will not come to me, that ye might haue life.

41 I receiue not honour from men.

42 But I know you, that ye haue not the loue of God in you.

43 I am come in my Fathers name, and ye receiue me not: if another shall come in his owne Name, him ye will receiue.

44 How can ye beleeue, which receiue honour one of another, & seeke not the honour that commeth from God onely?

45 Doe not thinke that I will accuse you to the Father: there is one that accuseth you, euen Moses, in whom ye trust?

46 For had ye beleeued Moses, ye would haue beleeued me: for he wrote of me.

47 But if ye beleeue not his writings, how shall ye beleeue my words?

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 12:52 pm
John
Chapter 6

1 After these things Iesus went ouer the sea of Galilee, which is the sea of Tiberias:

2 And a great multitude followed him, because they saw his miracles which hee did on them that were diseased.

3 And Iesus went vp into a mountaine, and there hee sate with his disciples.

4 And the Passeouer, a feast of the Iewes, was nigh.

5 ¶ When Iesus then lift vp his eyes, and saw a great company come vnto him, he saith vnto Philip, Whence shall we buy bread, that these may eate?

6 (And this he said to proue him: for he himselfe knew what he would doe)

7 Philip answered him, Two hundred peny-worth of bread is not sufficient for them, that euery one of them may take a litle.

8 One of his disciples, Andrew, Simon Peters brother, saith vnto him,

9 There is a lad here, which hath fiue barley loaues, and two small fishes: but what are they among so many?

10 And Iesus said, Make the men sit downe. Now there was much grasse in the place. So the men sate downe, in number about fiue thousand.

11 And Iesus tooke the loaues, and when he had giuen thankes, hee distributed to the disciples, and the disciples to them that were set downe, and likewise of the fishes, as much as they would.

12 When they were filled, he said vnto his disciples, Gather vp the fragments that remaine, that nothing be lost.

13 Therefore they gathered them together, and filled twelue baskets with the fragments of the fiue barley loaues, which remained ouer and aboue, vnto them that had eaten.

14 Then those men, when they had seene the miracle that Iesus did, said, This is of a trueth that Prophet that should come into the world.

15 ¶ When Iesus therefore perceiued that they would come and take him by force, to make him a King, hee departed againe into a mountaine, himselfe alone.

16 And when euen was now come, his disciples went downe vnto the sea,

17 And entred into a ship, and went ouer the sea towards Capernaum: and it was now darke, and Iesus was not come to them.

18 And the sea arose, by reason of a great winde that blew.

19 So when they had rowed about fiue and twentie, or thirtie furlongs, they see Iesus walking on the sea, and drawing nigh vnto the ship: and they were afraid.

20 But he saith vnto them, It is I, be not afraid.

21 Then they willingly receiued him into the ship, and immediatly the ship was at the land whither they went.

22 ¶ The day following, when the people which stood on the other side of the sea, saw that there was none other boat there, saue that one whereinto his disciples were entred, and that Iesus went not with his disciples into the boat, but that his disciples were gone away alone:

23 Howbeit there came other boats from Tiberias, nigh vnto the place where they did eate bread, after that the Lord had giuen thankes:

24 When the people therefore saw that Iesus was not there, neither his disciples, they also tooke shipping, and came to Capernaum, seeking for Iesus.

25 And when they had found him on the other side of the sea, they saide vnto him, Rabbi, when camest thou hither?

26 Iesus answered them, and said, Uerely, verely I say vnto you, Ye seeke me, not because ye saw the miracles, but because yee did eate of the loaues, and were filled.

27 Labour not for the meat which perisheth, but for that meat which endureth vnto euerlasting life, which the Sonne of man shall giue vnto you: for him hath God the Father sealed.

28 Then said they vnto him, What shall we doe, that we might worke the workes of God?

29 Iesus answered, and said vnto them, This is the worke of God, that ye beleeue on him whom he hath sent.

30 They said therefore vnto him, What signe shewest thou then, that we may see, and beleeue thee? What doest thou worke?

31 Our fathers did eate Manna in the desert, as it is written, He gaue them bread from heauen to eate.

32 Then Iesus said vnto them, Uerely, verely I say vnto you, Moses gaue you not that bread from heauen, but my Father giueth you the true bread from heauen.

33 For the bread of God is hee which commeth downe from heauen, and giueth life vnto the world.

34 Then said they vnto him, Lord, euermore giue vs this bread.

35 And Iesus said vnto them, I am the bread of life: hee that commeth to me, shall neuer hunger: and he that beleeueth on me, shall neuer thirst.

36 But I said vnto you, that ye also haue seene me, and beleeue not.

37 All that the Father giueth mee, shall come to mee; and him that commeth to me, I will in no wise cast out.

38 For I came downe from heauen, not to doe mine owne will, but the will of him that sent me.

39 And this is the Fathers wil which hath sent me, that of all which he hath giuen mee, I should lose nothing, but should raise it vp againe at the last day.

40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that euery one which seeth the Sonne, and beleeueth on him, may haue euerlasting life: and I will raise him vp at the last day.

41 The Iewes then murmured at him, because hee said, I am the bread which came downe from heauen.

42 And they said, Is not this Iesus the sonne of Ioseph, whose father and mother we know? How is it then that hee sayth, I came downe from heauen?

43 Iesus therefore answered, and said vnto them, Murmure not among your selues.

44 No man can come to me, except the Father which hath sent me, draw him: and I will raise him vp at the last day.

45 It is written in the Prophets, And they shall be all taught of God. Euery man therefore that hath heard, and hath learned of the Father, commeth vnto me,

46 Not that any man hath seene the Father; saue hee which is of God, hee hath seene the Father.

47 Uerely, verely I say vnto you, Hee that beleeueth on me, hath euerlasting life.

48 I am that bread of life.

49 Your fathers did eate Manna in the wildernesse, and are dead.

50 This is the bread which commeth downe from heauen, that a man may eate thereof, and not die.

51 I am the liuing bread, which came downe from heauen. If any man eate of this bread, he shall liue for euer: and the bread that I will giue, is my flesh, which I will giue for the life of the world.

52 The Iewes therefore stroue amongst themselues, saying, How can this man giue vs his flesh to eate?

53 Then Iesus sayd vnto them, Uerely, verely I say vnto you, Except yee eate the flesh of the sonne of man, and drinke his blood, yee haue no life in you.

54 Whoso eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, hath eternall life, and I will raise him vp at the last day.

55 For my flesh is meate indeed, and my blood is drinke indeed.

56 He that eateth my flesh, and drinketh my blood, dwelleth in me, and I in him.

57 As the liuing Father hath sent me, and I liue by the Father: so, he that eateth me, euen he shall liue by me.

58 This is that bread which came downe from heauen: not as your fathers did eate Manna, and are dead: he that eateth of this bread, shall liue for euer.

59 These things said hee in the Synagogue, as he taught in Capernaum.

60 Many therefore of his disciples, when they had heard this, said, This is an hard saying, who can heare it?

61 When Iesus knew in himselfe, that his disciples murmured at it, hee said vnto them, Doeth this offend you?

62 What and if yee shall see the sonne of man ascend vp where hee was before?

63 It is the Spirit that quickeneth, the flesh profiteth nothing: the wordes that I speake vnto you, they are Spirit, and they are life.

64 But there are some of you that beleeue not. For Iesus knew from the beginning, who they were that beleeued not, and who should betray him.

65 And he said, Therefore said I vnto you, that no man can come vnto me, except it were giuen vnto him of my Father.

66 ¶ From that time many of his disciples went backe, and walked no more with him.

67 Then said Iesus vnto the twelue, Will ye also goe away?

68 Then Simon Peter answered him, Lord, to whom shall we goe? Thou hast the words of eternall life.

69 And we beleeue and are sure that thou art that Christ, the Sonne of the liuing God.

70 Iesus answered them, Haue not I chosen you twelue, and one of you is a deuill?

71 He spake of Iudas Iscariot the sonne of Simon: for hee it was that should betray him, being one of the twelue.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2018 9:10 am
John
Chapter 7

1 After these things, Iesus walked in Galilee: for hee would not walk in Iurie, because the Iewes sought to kill him.

2 Now the Iewes feast of Tabernacles was at hand.

3 His brethren therefore saide vnto him, Depart hence, and go into Iudea, that thy Disciples also may see the works that thou doest.

4 For there is no man that doth any thing in secret, and hee himselfe seeketh to be knowen openly: If thou doe these things, shew thy selfe to þe world.

5 For neither did his brethren beleeue in him.

6 Then Iesus said vnto them, My time is not yet come: but your time is alway ready.

7 The world cannot hate you, but me it hateth, because I testifie of it, that the workes thereof are euill.

8 Goe ye vp vnto this feast: I goe not vp yet vnto this feast, for my time is not yet full come.

9 When he had said these words vnto them, he abode still in Galilee.

10 ¶ But when his brethren were gone vp, then went he also vp vnto the feast, not openly, but as it were in secret.

11 Then the Iewes sought him at the feast, and said, Where is he?

12 And there was much murmuring among the people, concerning him: For some said, Hee is a good man: Others said, Nay, but he deceiueth the people.

13 Howbeit, no man spake openly of him, for feare of the Iewes.

14 ¶ Now about the middest of the feast, Iesus went vp into the Temple, and taught.

15 And the Iewes marueiled, saying, How knoweth this man letters, hauing neuer learned?

16 Iesus answered them, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me.

17 If any man will doe his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speake of my selfe.

18 He that speaketh of himselfe, seeketh his owne glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no vnrighteousnesse is in him.

19 Did not Moses giue you the Law, and yet none of you keepeth the Law? Why goe ye about to kill me?

20 The people answered, and sayd, Thou hast a deuill: Who goeth about to kill thee?

21 Iesus answered, and saide vnto them, I haue done one worke, and yee all marueile.

22 Moses therefore gaue vnto you Circumcision (not because it is of Moses, but of the fathers) and yee on the Sabbath day circumcise a man.

23 If a man on the Sabbath day receiue circumcision, that the Lawe of Moses should not be broken; are ye angry at me, because I haue made a man euery whit whole on the Sabbath day?

24 Iudge not according to the appearance, but iudge righteous iudgement.

25 Then said some of them of Hierusalem, Is not this hee, whome they seeke to kill?

26 But loe, he speaketh boldly, and they say nothing vnto him: Doe the rulers know indeede that this is the very Christ?

27 Howbeit wee know this man whence he is: but when Christ commeth, no man knoweth whence he is.

28 Then cried Iesus in the Temple as he taught, saying, Ye both know me, and ye know whence I am, and I am not come of my selfe, but he that sent me, is true, whom ye know not.

29 But I know him, for I am from him, and he hath sent me.

30 Then they sought to take him: but no man laid hands on him, because his houre was not yet come.

31 And many of the people beleeued on him, & said, When Christ commeth, will hee doe moe miracles then these which this man hath done?

32 ¶ The Pharisees heard that the people murmured such things concerning him: And the Pharisees and the chiefe Priests sent officers to take him.

33 Then said Iesus vnto them, Yet a litle while am I with you, and then I goe vnto him that sent me.

34 Ye shall seeke me, and shall not find me: and where I am, thither yee cannot come.

35 Then saide the Iewes among themselues, Whither will hee goe, that we shall not find him? will he goe vnto the dispersed among the Gentiles, and teach the Gentiles?

36 What maner of saying is this that he said, Ye shall seeke me, and shall not find me? and where I am, thither ye cannot come?

37 In the last day, that great day of the feast, Iesus stood, and cried, saying, If any man thirst, let him come vnto me, and drinke.

38 He that beleeueth on me, as the Scripture hath saide, out of his belly shall flow riuers of liuing water.

39 (But this spake he of the Spirit which they that beleeue on him, should receiue. For the holy Ghost was not yet giuen, because that Iesus was not yet glorified.)

40 ¶ Many of the people therefore, when they heard this saying, saide, Of a trueth this is the Prophet.

41 Others said, This is the Christ. But some said, Shall Christ come out of Galilee?

42 Hath not the Scripture saide, that Christ commeth of the seede of Dauid, and out of the towne of Bethlehem, where Dauid was?

43 So there was diuision among the people because of him.

44 And some of them would haue taken him, but no man layed hands on him.

45 ¶ Then came the officers to the chiefe Priests and Pharises, and they said vnto them, Why haue ye not brought him?

46 The officers answered, Neuer man spake like this man.

47 Then answered them the Pharisees, Are ye also deceiued?

48 Haue any of the rulers, or of the Pharises beleeued on him?

49 But this people who knoweth not the Law, are cursed.

50 Nicodemus saith vnto them, (He that came to Iesus by night, being one of them,)

51 Doth our Law iudge any man before it heare him, & know what he doth?

52 They answered, and said vnto him, Art thou also of Galilee? Search, and looke: for out of Galilee ariseth no Prophet.

53 And euery man went vnto his owne house.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games