Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2018 12:14 pm
Acts
Chapter 2
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 And when the day of Pentecost was fully come, they were all with one accord in one place.

2 And suddenly there came a sound from heauen as of a rushing mighty wind, and it filled all the house where they were sitting.

3 And there appeared vnto them clouen tongues, like as of fire, and it sate vpon each of them.

4 And they were all filled with the holy Ghost, and began to speake with other tongues, as the spirit gaue them vtterance.

5 And there were dwelling at Hierusalem Iewes, deuout men, out of euery nation vnder heauen.

6 Now when this was noised abroad, the multitude came together, and were confounded, because that euery man heard them speake in his owne language.

7 And they were all amazed, and marueiled, saying one to another, Behold, are not all these which speake, Galileans?

8 And how heare we euery man in our owne tongue, wherein we were borne?

9 Parthians, and Medes, and Elamites, and the dwellers in Mesopotamia, and in Iudea, and Cappadocia, in Pontus, and Asia,

10 Phrygia, and Pamphylia, in Egypt, and in the parts of Libya, about Cyrene, & strangers of Rome, Iewes and Proselites,

11 Cretes, and Arabians, we doe heare them speake in our tongues the wonderfull workes of God.

12 And they were all amazed, and were in doubt, saying one to another, What meaneth this?

13 Others mocking said, These men are full of new wine.

14 ¶ But Peter standing vp with the eleuen, lift vp his voyce, and said vnto them, Ye men of Iudea, & all ye that dwell at Hierusalem, be this knowen vnto you, and hearken to my words:

15 For these are not drunken, as ye suppose, seeing it is but the third houre of the day.

16 But this is that which was spoken by the Prophet Ioel,

17 And it shall come to passe in the last dayes (saith God) I will powre out of my Spirit vpon all flesh: and your sonnes and your daughters shall prophesie, and your yong men shall see visions, and your old men shall dreame dreames:

18 And on my seruants, and on my handmaidens, I will powre out in those daies of my Spirit, and they shall prophesie:

19 And I wil shew wonders in heauen aboue, and signes in the earth beneath: blood, and fire, and vapour of smoke.

20 The Sunne shall be turned into darkenesse, and the Moone into blood, before that great and notable day of the Lord come.

21 And it shall come to passe, that whosoeuer shall call on the Name of the Lord, shalbe saued.

22 Yee men of Israel, heare these words, Iesus of Nazareth, a man approued of God among you, by miracles, wonders, and signes, which God did by him in the midst of you, as yee your selues also know:

23 Him, being deliuered by the determinate counsell and foreknowledge of God, yee haue taken, and by wicked hands, haue crucified, and slaine:

24 Whom God hath raised vp, hauing loosed the paines of death: because it was not possible that hee should be holden of it.

25 For Dauid speaketh concerning him, I foresaw the Lord alwayes before my face, for he is on my right hand, that I should not be moued.

26 Therefore did my heart reioyce, and my tongue was glad: Moreouer also, my flesh shall rest in hope,

27 Because thou wilt not leaue my soule in hell, neither wilt thou suffer thine Holy one to see corruption.

28 Thou hast made knowen to mee the wayes of life, thou shalt make mee full of ioy with thy countenance.

29 Men and brethren, let me freely speake vnto you of the Patriarch Dauid, that he is both dead & buried, and his sepulchre is with vs vnto this day:

30 Therefore being a Prophet, and knowing that God had sworne with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his loines, according to the flesh, hee would raise vp Christ, to sit on his throne:

31 He seeing this before, spake of the resurrection of Christ, that his soule was not left in hell, neither his flesh did see corruption.

32 This Iesus hath God raised vp, whereof we all are witnesses.

33 Therefore being by the right hand of God exalted, and hauing receiued of the Father the promise of the holy Ghost, he hath shed forth this, which ye now see and heare.

34 For Dauid is not ascended into the heauens, but he saith himselfe, The Lord said vnto my Lord, Sit thou on my right hand,

35 Untill I make thy foes thy footstoole.

36 Therefore let all the house of Israel know assuredly, that God hath made that same Iesus, whom ye haue crucified, both Lord and Christ.

37 ¶ Now when they heard this, they were pricked in their heart, and said vnto Peter, and to the rest of the Apostles, Men and brethren, What shall we doe?

38 Then Peter said vnto them, Repent, and be baptized euery one of you in the Name of Iesus Christ, for the remission of sinnes, and ye shal receiue the gift of the holy Ghost.

39 For the promise is vnto you, and to your children, and to all that are afarre off, euen as many as the Lord our God shall call.

40 And with many other words did hee testifie and exhort, saying, Saue your selues from this vntoward generation.

41 ¶ Then they that gladly receiued his word, were baptized: and the same day there were added vnto them about three thousand soules.

42 And they continued stedfastly in the Apostles doctrine and fellowship, and in breaking of bread, and in praiers.

43 And feare came vpon euery soule: and many wonders and signes were done by the Apostles.

44 And all that beleeued were together, and had all things common,

45 And solde their possessions and goods, and parted them to all men, as euery man had need.

46 And they continuing daily with one accord in the Temple, and breaking bread from house to house, did eat their meat with gladnesse and singlenesse of heart,

47 Praising God, and hauing fauour with all the people. And the Lord added to the Church dayly such as should be saued.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2018 10:22 am
Acts
Chapter 3

1 Nowe Peter and Iohn went vp together into the Temple at the houre of prayer, beeing the ninth houre.

2 And a certaine man lame from his mothers womb was caried, whom they laide daily at the gate of the Temple which is called Beautifull, to aske almes of them that entred into the Temple.

3 Who seeing Peter & Iohn about to go into the Temple, asked an almes.

4 And Peter fastening his eyes vpon him, with Iohn, said, Looke on vs.

5 And he gaue heede vnto them, expecting to receiue something of them.

6 Then Peter said, Siluer and gold haue I none, but such as I haue, giue I thee: In the Name of Iesus Christ of Nazareth, rise vp and walke.

7 And hee tooke him by the right hand, & lift him vp: aud immediatly his feete and ancle bones receiued strength.

8 And hee leaping vp, stood, and walked, and entred with them into the Temple, walking, and leaping, and praising God.

9 And all the people saw him walking, and praising God.

10 And they knew that it was hee which sate for almes at the beautifull gate of the Temple: and they were filled with wonder and amazement at that which had happened vnto him.

11 And as the lame man which was healed, helde Peter and Iohn, all the people ranne together vnto them in the porch, that is called Solomons, greatly wondring.

12 ¶ And when Peter sawe it, hee answered vnto the people, Yee men of Israel, why marueile ye at this? or why looke yee so earnestly on vs, as though by our owne power or holinesse we had made this man to walke?

13 The God of Abraham, and of Isaac, and of Iacob, the God of our fathers hath glorified his sonne Iesus, whom ye deliuered vp, and denied him in the presence of Pilate, when hee was determined to let him goe.

14 But ye denied the Holy one, and the Iust, and desired a murderer to be granted vnto you,

15 And killed the Prince of life, whom God hath raised from the dead, whereof we are witnesses.

16 And his Name through faith in his Name hath made this man strong, whom ye see and know: yea, the faith which is by him, hath giuen him this perfect soundnesse in the presence of you all.

17 And now brethren, I wote that through ignorance yee did it, as did also your rulers.

18 But those things which God before had shewed by the mouth of all his Prophets, that Christ should suffer, hee hath so fulfilled.

19 ¶ Repent yee therefore, and bee conuerted, that your sins may be blotted out, when the times of refreshing shal come from the presence of the Lord.

20 And hee shall send Iesus Christ, which before was preached vnto you.

21 Whom the heauen must receiue, vntill the times of restitution of all things, which God hath spoken by the mouth of all his holy Prophets since the world began.

22 For Moses truely said vnto the fathers, A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise vp vnto you of your brethren, like vnto me; him shall yee heare in all things whatsoeuer he shal say vnto you.

23 And it shall come to passe, that euery soule which will not heare that Prophet, shalbe destroyed from among the people.

24 Yea and all the Prophets from Samuel, and those that follow after, as many as haue spoken, haue likewise foretold of these dayes.

25 Yee are the children of the Prophets, and of the couenant which God made with our fathers, saying vnto Abraham, And in thy seed shall all the kinreds of the earth be blessed.

26 Unto you first, God hauing raised vp his Sonne Iesus, sent him to blesse you, in turning away euery one of you from his iniquities.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2018 8:29 am
Acts
Chapter 4

1 And as they spake vnto the people, the Priests and the captaine of the Temple, and the Sadduces came vpon them,

2 Being grieued that they taught the people, and preached through Iesus the resurrection from the dead.

3 And they laid hands on them, and put them in hold vnto the next day: for it was now euentide.

4 Howbeit, many of them which heard the word, beleeued, and the number of the men was about fiue thousand.

5 ¶ And it came to passe on the morow, that their rulers, and Elders, and Scribes,

6 And Annas the high Priest, and Caiphas, and Iohn, and Alexander, and as many as were of the kinred of the high Priest, were gathered together at Hierusalem.

7 And when they had set them in the middest, they asked, By what power, or by what name haue ye done this?

8 Then Peter filled with the holy Ghost, said vnto them, Ye rulers of the people, and Elders of Israel,

9 If we this day be examined of the good deed done to the impotent man, by what meanes he is made whole,

10 Be it knowen vnto you all, and to all the people of Israel, that by the Name of Iesus Christ of Nazareth, whom ye crucified, whome God raised from the dead, euen by him, doeth this man stand here before you, whole.

11 This is the stone which was set at nought of you builders, which is become the head of the corner.

12 Neither is there saluation in any other: for there is none other name vnder heauen giuen among men whereby we must be saued.

13 ¶ Now when they sawe the boldnesse of Peter and Iohn, and perceiued that they were vnlearned and ignorant men, they marueiled, and they tooke knowledge of them, that they had bene with Iesus.

14 And beholding the man which was healed, standing with them, they could say nothing against it.

15 But when they had commanded them to go aside out of the Council, they conferred among themselues,

16 Saying, What shall we do to these men? for that indeed a notable miracle hath bene done by them, is manifest to all them that dwell in Hierusalem, and we cannot denie it.

17 But that it spread no farther among the people, let vs straitly threaten them, that they speake henceforth to no man in this Name.

18 And they called them, and commanded them, not to speake at all, nor teach in the Name of Iesus.

19 But Peter and Iohn answered, and said vnto them, Whether it be right in the sight of God, to hearken vnto you more then vnto God, iudge ye.

20 For wee cannot but speake the things which we haue seene and heard.

21 So when they had further threatned them, they let them goe, finding nothing how they might punish them, because of the people: for all men glorified God for that which was done.

22 For the man was aboue fourtie yeeres olde, on whome this miracle of healing was shewed.

23 ¶ And being let goe, they went to their owne company, and reported all that the chiefe Priests and Elders had said vnto them.

24 And when they heard that, they lift vp their voyce to God with one accord, & said, Lord, thou art God which hast made heauen and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is,

25 Who by the mouth of thy seruant Dauid hast saide, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vaine things?

26 The Kings of the earth stood vp, and the rulers were gathered together against the Lord, & against his Christ.

27 For of a trueth against thy holy child Iesus, whom thou hast anointed, both Herod, and Pontius Pilate, with the Gentiles, and the people of Israel were gathered together,

28 For to doe whatsoeuer thy hand and thy counsell determined before to be done.

29 And now Lord, behold their threatnings, and graunt vnto thy seruants, that with all boldnesse they may speake thy word,

30 By stretching foorth thine hand to heale: and that signes and wonders may be done by the Name of thy holy child Iesus.

31 ¶ And when they had prayed, the place was shaken where they were assembled together, and they were all filled with the holy Ghost, and they spake the word of God with boldnesse.

32 And the multitude of them that beleeued, were of one heart, and of one soule: Neither said any of them, that ought of the things which he possessed, was his owne, but they had all things common.

33 And with great power gaue the Apostles witnesse of the resurrection of the Lord Iesus, and great grace was vpon them all.

34 Neither was there any among them that lacked: For as many as were possessors of lands, or houses, sold them, and brought the prices of the things that were solde,

35 And laide them downe at the Apostles feete: And distribution was made vnto euery man according as hee had neede.

36 And Ioses, who by the Apostles was surnamed Barnabas (which is, being interpreted, The sonne of consolation) a Leuite, and of the Countrey of Cyprus,

37 Hauing land, sold it, and brought the money, & laid it at the Apostles feet.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:00 pm
Acts
Chapter 5

1 But a certaine man named Ananias, with Sapphira his wife, solde a possession,

2 And kept backe part of the price, his wife also being priuy to it, and brought a certaine part, and layd it at the Apostles feete.

3 But Peter said, Ananias, Why hath Satan filled thine heart to lie to the holy Ghost, and to keepe backe part of the price of the land?

4 Whiles it remained, was it not thine owne? and after it was sold, was it not in thine owne power? why hast thou conceiued this thing in thine heart? thou hast not lied vnto men, but vnto God.

5 And Ananias hearing these words, fell downe, and gaue vp the ghost: and great feare came on all them that heard these things.

6 And the yong men arose, wound him vp, and caried him out, and buried him.

7 And it was about the space of three houres after, when his wife, not knowing what was done, came in.

8 And Peter answered vnto her, Tell me whether ye sold the land for so much. And she saide, Yea, for so much.

9 Then Peter saide vnto her, How is it that ye haue agreed together, to tempt the Spirit of the Lord? behold, the feete of them which haue buried thy husband, are at the doore, and shall cary thee out.

10 Then fell she downe straightway at his feete, and yeelded vp the ghost: And the yong men came in, and found her dead, and carying her forth, buried her by her husband.

11 And great feare came vpon all the Church, and vpon as many as heard these things.

12 ¶ And by the hands of the Apostles, were many signes and wonders wrought among the people. (And they were all with one accord in Solomons porch.

13 And of the rest durst no man ioyne himselfe to them: But the people magnified them.

14 And beleeuers were the more added to the Lord, multitudes both of men and women.)

15 Insomuch þt they brought foorth the sicke into the streetes, and layed them on beds and couches, that at the least the shadow of Peter passing by, might ouershadow some of them.

16 There came also a multitude out of the cities round about vnto Hierusalem, bringing sicke folkes, and them which were vexed with vncleane spirits: and they were healed euery one.

17 ¶ Then the high Priest rose vp, and al they that were with him, (which is the sect of the Sadduces) and were filled with indignation,

18 And laid their hands on the Apostles, & put them in the common prison.

19 But the Angel of the Lord by night opened the prison doores, and brought them foorth, and said,

20 Goe, stand and speake in the Temple to the people all the words of this life.

21 And when they heard that, they entred into the Temple early in the morning, & taught: but the high Priest came, and they that were with him, and called the Councill together, and all the Senate of the children of Israel, and sent to the prison to haue them brought.

22 But when the officers came, and found them not in the prison, they returned, and told,

23 Saying, The prison truely found we shut with all safety, and the keepers standing without before the doores, but when we had opened, we found no man within.

24 Now when the high Priest, and the captaine of the Temple, and the chiefe Priests heard these things, they doubted of them wherunto this would grow.

25 Then came one, and told them, saying, Behold, the men whom ye put in prison, are standing in the Temple, and teaching the people.

26 Then went the captaine with the officers, and brought them without violence: (For they feared the people, lest they should haue bene stoned.)

27 And when they had brought them, they set them before the Councill, and the high Priest asked them,

28 Saying, Did not wee straitly command you, that you should not teach in this Name? And behold, yee haue filled Hierusalem with your doctrine, and intend to bring this mans blood vpon vs.

29 ¶ Then Peter, and the other Apostles answered, and saide, Wee ought to obey God rather then men.

30 The God of our fathers raised vp Iesus, whom yee slew and hanged on a tree.

31 Him hath God exalted with his right hand to bee a Prince and a Sauiour, for to giue repentance to Israel, and forgiuenesse of sinnes.

32 And we are his witnesses of these things, and so is also the holy Ghost, whom God hath giuen to them that obey him.

33 ¶ When they heard that, they were cut to the heart, and tooke counsell to slay them.

34 Then stood there vp one in the Councill, a Pharisee, named Gamaliel, a doctour of Law, had in reputation among all the people, and commanded to put the Apostles forth a litle space,

35 And said vnto them, Yee men of Israel, take heed to your selues, what ye intend to doe as touching these men.

36 For before these dayes rose vp Theudas, boasting himselfe to be some body, to whom a number of men, about foure hundred, ioyned themselues: who was slaine, and all, as many as obeied him, were scattered, & brought to nought.

37 After this man rose vp Iudas of Galilee, in the dayes of the taxing, and drew away much people after him: hee also perished, and all, euen as many as obeyed him, were dispersed.

38 And now I say vnto you, refraine from these men, and let them alone: for if this counsell or this worke be of men, it will come to nought.

39 But if it be of God, ye cannot ouerthrow it, lest haply yee be found euen to fight against God.

40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the Apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speake in the Name of Iesus, and let them goe.

41 ¶ And they departed from the presence of the Councill, reioycing that they were counted worthy to suffer shame for his Name.

42 And dayly in the Temple, and in euery house, they ceased not to teach and preach Iesus Christ.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2018 3:54 am
Acts
Chapter 6

1 And in those dayes when the number of the Disciples was multiplied, there arose a murmuring of the Grecians against the Hebrewes, because their widowes were neglected in the daily ministration.

2 Then the twelue called the multitude of the disciples vnto them, and said, It is not reason that we should leaue the word of God, and serue tables.

3 Wherefore brethren, looke ye out among you seuen men of honest report, full of the holy Ghost, and wisedome, whom we may appoint ouer this businesse.

4 But we will giue our selues continually to prayer, and to the ministerie of the word.

5 ¶ And the saying pleased the whole multitude: and they chose Steuen, a man full of faith and of the holy Ghost, and Philip, and Prochorus, and Nicanor, and Timon, and Permenas, and Nicolas a proselyte of Antioch.

6 Whom they set before the Apostles: and when they had praied, they layd their hands on them.

7 And the word of God encreased, and the number of the Disciples multiplied in Hierusalem greatly, and a great company of the Priests were obedient to the faith.

8 And Steuen full of faith and power, did great wonders and miracles among the people.

9 ¶ Then there arose certaine of the Synagogue, which is called the Synagogue of the Libertines, and Cyrenians, and Alexandrians, and of them of Cilicia, and of Asia, disputing with Steuen.

10 And they were not able to resist the wisedome and the spirit by which he spake.

11 Then they suborned men which said, We haue heard him speake blasphemous words against Moses, and against God.

12 And they stirred vp the people, and the Elders, and the Scribes, and came vpon him, and caught him, and brought him to the Councell,

13 And set vp false witnesses, which said, This man ceaseth not to speake blasphemous words against this holy place, and the Law.

14 For we haue heard him say, that this Iesus of Nazareth shall destroy this place, & shall change the Customes which Moses deliuered vs.

15 And all that sate in the Councell, looking stedfastly on him, saw his face as it had bene the face of an Angel.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:18 am
Acts
Chapter 7

1 Then said the high Priest, Are these things so?

2 And hee said, Men, brethren, and fathers, hearken: The God of glory appeared vnto our father Abraham, when he was in Mesopotamia, before he dwelt in Charran,

3 And said vnto him, Get thee out of thy countrey, and from thy kinred, and come into the land which I shall shew thee.

4 Then came he out of the land of the Chaldeans, and dwelt in Charran: and from thence, when his father was dead, he remoued him into this lande wherein ye now dwell.

5 And he gaue him none inheritance in it, no not so much as to set his foote on: yet he promised that he would giue it to him for a possession, and to his seed after him, when as yet he had no child.

6 And God spake on this wise, that his seede should soiourne in a strange land, and that they should bring them into bondage, and intreate them euill foure hundreth yeeres.

7 And the nation to whom they shal bee in bondage, will I iudge, saide God: And after that shall they come forth, and serue me in this place.

8 And he gaue him the couenant of Circumcision: and so Abraham begate Isaac, and circumcised him the eight day: and Isaac begate Iacob, and Iacob begate the twelue Patriarchs.

9 And the Patriarchs moued with enuie, sold Ioseph into Egypt: but God was with him,

10 And deliuered him out of all his afflictions, and gaue him fauour and wisedome in the sight of Pharao king of Egypt: and he made him gouernour ouer Egypt and all his house.

11 Now there came a dearth ouer all the land of Egypt, and Chanaan, and great affliction, and our fathers found no sustenance.

12 But when Iacob heard that there was corne in Egypt, he sent out our fathers first.

13 And at the second time Ioseph was made knowen to his brethren, and Iosephs kinred was made knowen vnto Pharao.

14 Then sent Ioseph, and called his father Iacob to him, and all his kinred, threescore and fifteeene soules.

15 So Iacob went downe into Egypt, and died, he and our fathers,

16 And were caried ouer into Sichem, and laid in the sepulchre that Abraham bought for a summe of money of the sonnes of Emor the father of Sichem.

17 But when the time of the promise drew nigh, which God had sworne to Abraham, the people grew and multiplied in Egypt,

18 Till another king arose, which knew not Ioseph.

19 The same dealt subtilly with our kinred, and euill intreated our fathers, so that they cast out their yong children, to the end they might not liue.

20 In which time Moses was borne, and was exceeding faire, and nourished vp in his fathers house three moneths:

21 And when he was cast out, Pharaohs daughter tooke him vp, and nourished him for her owne sonne.

22 And Moses was learned in all the wisedome of the Egyptians, and was mightie in words and in deeds.

23 And when he was full forty yeres old, it came into his heart to visit his brethren the children of Israel.

24 And seeing one of them suffer wrong, he defended him, and auenged him that was oppressed, and smote the Egyptian:

25 For he supposed his brethren would haue vnderstood, how that God by his hand would deliuer them, but they vnderstood not.

26 And the next day he shewed himselfe vnto them as they stroue, and would haue set them at one againe, saying, Sirs, ye are brethren, Why doe yee wrong one to another?

27 But hee that did his neighbour wrong, thrust him away, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a Iudge ouer vs?

28 Wilt thou kill me, as thou diddest the Egyptian yesterday?

29 Then fled Moses at this saying, and was a stranger in the land of Madian, where he begate two sonnes.

30 And when fourtie yeeres were expired, there appeared to him in the wildernes of mount Sina, an Angel of the Lord in a flame of fire in a bush.

31 When Moses saw it, he wondred at the sight: and as he drew neere to behold it, the voyce of the Lord came vnto him,

32 Saying, I am the God of thy fathers, the God of Abraham, and the God of Isaac, and the God of Iacob. Then Moses trembled, and durst not behold.

33 Then said the Lord to him, Put off thy shooes from thy feet: for the place where thou standest, is holy ground.

34 I haue seene, I haue seene the affliction of my people which is in Egypt, and I haue heard their groning, & am come downe to deliuer them: And now come, I will send thee into Egypt.

35 This Moses whom they refused, saying, Who made thee a ruler and a Iudge? the same did God send to bee a ruler and a deliuerer, by the handes of the Angel which appeared to him in the bush.

36 He brought them out, after that he had shewed wonders and signes in the land of Egypt, and in the red Sea, and in the wildernesse fortie yeeres.

37 ¶ This is that Moses which said vnto the children of Israel, A Prophet shall the Lord your God raise vp vnto you of your brethren, like vnto mee: him shall ye heare.

38 This is he that was in þe Church in the wildernesse with the Angel, which spake to him in the mount Sina, and with our fathers: who receiued the liuely oracles, to giue vnto vs.

39 To whom our fathers would not obey, but thrust him from them, and in their hearts turned backe againe into Egypt,

40 Saying vnto Aaron, Make vs gods to goe before vs. For as for this Moses, which brought vs out of the land of Egypt, we wote not what is become of him.

41 And they made a calfe in those dayes, and offered sacrifice vnto the idole, and reioyced in the workes of their owne hands.

42 Then God turned, and gaue them vp to worship the hoste of heauen, as it is written in the booke of the Prophets, O ye house of Israel, haue ye offered to me slaine beasts, and sacrifices, by the space of fourty yeeres in the wildernesse?

43 Yea, ye tooke vp the Tabernacle of Moloch, and the starre of your God Remphan, figures which ye made, to worship them: and I will carie you away beyond Babylon.

44 Our fathers had the Tabernacle of witnesse in the wildernesse, as hee had appointed, speaking vnto Moses, that he should make it according to the fashion that he had seene.

45 Which also our fathers that came after, brought in with Iesus into the possession of the Gentiles, whom God draue out before the face of our fathers, vnto the dayes of Dauid,

46 Who found fauour before God, and desired to find a Tabernacle for the God of Iacob.

47 But Solomon built him an house.

48 Howbeit the most high dwelleth not in temples made with hands, as saith the Prophet,

49 Heauen is my throne, and earth is my footestoole: What house will ye build me, saith the Lord? Or what is the place of my rest?

50 Hath not my hand made all these things?

51 ¶ Ye stifnecked and vncircumcised in heart, and eares, ye doe alwayes resist the holy Ghost? as your fathers did, so doe ye.

52 Which of the Prophets haue not your fathers persecuted? And they haue slaine them which shewed before of the comming of the Iust one, of whom ye haue bene now the betrayers and murderers:

53 Who haue receiued the Lawe by the disposition of Angels, and haue not kept it.

54 ¶ When they heard these things, they were cut to the heart, and they gnashed on him with their teeth.

55 But hee being full of the holy Ghost, looked vp stedfastly into heauen, and saw the glory of God, and Iesus standing on the right hand of God,

56 And said, Behold, I see the heauens opened, and the Sonne of man standing on the right hand of God.

57 Then they cried out with a loud voice, and stopped their eares, and ran vpon him with one accord,

58 And cast him out of the citie, and stoned him: and the witnesses layd downe their clothes at a yong mans feete, whose name was Saul.

59 And they stoned Steuen, calling vpon God, and saying, Lord Iesus receiue my spirit.

60 And he kneeled downe, and cried with a loud voice, Lord lay not this sinne to their charge. And when he had said this, he fell asleepe.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:32 am
Acts
Chapter 8

1 And Saul was consenting vnto his death. And at that time there was a great persecution against the Church which was at Hierusalem, and they were all scattered abroad through out the regions of Iudea, and Samaria, except the Apostles.

2 And deuout men carried Steuen to his buriall, and made great lamentation ouer him.

3 As for Saul, he made hauocke of the Church, entring into euery house, and hailing men and women, committed them to prison.

4 Therefore they that were scattered abroad, went euery where preaching the word.

5 Then Philip went downe to the citie of Samaria, and preached Christ vnto them.

6 And the people with one accord gaue heed vnto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.

7 For vncleane spirits, crying with lowd voyce, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.

8 And there was great ioy in that citie.

9 But there was a certaine man called Simon, which before time in the same citie vsed sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giuing out that himselfe was some great one.

10 To whom they all gaue heed from the least to the greatest, saying, This man is the great power of God.

11 And to him they had regard, because that of long time he had bewitched them with sorceries.

12 But when they beleeued Philip preaching the things concerning the kingdome of God, and the Name of Iesus Christ, they were baptized, both men and women.

13 Then Simon himselfe beleeued also: and when hee was baptized, hee continued with Philip, and wondered, beholding the miracles and signes which were done.

14 Now when the Apostles which were at Hierusalem, heard that Samaria had receiued the word of God, they sent vnto them Peter and Iohn.

15 Who when they were come downe, praied for them that they might receiue the holy Ghost.

16 (For as yet hee was fallen vpon none of them: onely they were baptized in the Name of the Lord Iesus.)

17 Then layde they their hands on them, and they receiued the holy Ghost.

18 And when Simon saw that through laying on of the Apostles hands, the holy Ghost was giuen, hee offered them money,

19 Saying, Giue me also this power, that on whomsoeuer I lay handes, hee may receiue the holy Ghost.

20 But Peter said vnto him, Thy money perish with thee, because thou hast thought that the gift of God may be purchased with money.

21 Thou hast neither part nor lot in this matter, for thy heart is not right in the sight of God.

22 Repent therefore of this thy wickednesse, and pray God, if perhaps the thought of thine heart may be forgiuen thee.

23 For I perceiue that thou art in the gall of bitternesse, and in the bond of iniquitie.

24 Then answered Simon, and said, Pray ye to the Lord for mee, that none of these things which ye haue spoken, come vpon me.

25 And they, when they had testified and preached the word of the Lord, returned to Hierusalem, and preached the Gospel in many villages of the Samaritanes.

26 And the Angel of the Lord spake vnto Philip, saying, Arise, and goe toward the South, vnto the way that goeth downe from Hierusalem vnto Gaza, which is desert.

27 And hee arose, and went: and behold, a man of Ethiopia, an Eunuch of great authority vnder Candace queene of the Ethiopians, who had the charge of all her treasure, and had come to Hierusalem for to worship,

28 Was returning, and sitting in his charet, read Esaias the Prophet.

29 Then the Spirit saide vnto Philip, Goe neere, and ioyne thy selfe to this charet.

30 And Philip ran thither to him, and heard him reade the Prophet Esaias, and said, Understandest thou what thou readest?

31 And hee said, How can I, except some man should guide me? And he desired Philip, that hee would come vp, and sit with him.

32 The place of the Scripture, which hee read, was this, Hee was led as a sheepe to the slaughter, & like a Lambe dumbe before the shearer, so opened he not his mouth:

33 In his humiliation, his Iudgement was taken away: and who shall declare his generation? For his life is taken from the earth.

34 And the Eunuch answered Philip, and said, I pray thee, of whom speaketh the Prophet this? of himselfe, or of some other man?

35 Then Philip opened his mouth, and began at the same Scripture, and preached vnto him Iesus.

36 And as they went on their way, they came vnto a certaine water: and the Eunuch said, See, here is water, what doeth hinder me to be baptized?

37 And Philip said, If thou beleeuest with all thine heart, thou mayest. And he answered, and said, I beleeue that Iesus Christ is the Sonne of God.

38 And he commanded the charet to stand still: and they went downe both into the water, both Philip, and the Eunuch, and he baptized him.

39 And when they were come vp out of the water, the Spirit of the Lord caught away Philip, that the Eunuch saw him no more: and hee went on his way reioycing.

40 But Philip was found at Azotus: and passing thorow he preached in all the cities, till he came to Cesarea.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:13 am
Acts
Chapter 9

1 And Saul yet breathing out threatnings & slaughter against the disciples of the Lord, went vnto the high Priest,

2 And desired of him letters to Damascus, to the Synagogues, that if hee found any of this way, whether they were men or women, hee might bring them bound vnto Hierusalem.

3 And as he iourneyed he came neere Damascus, and suddenly there shined round about him a light from heauen.

4 And he fel to the earth, and heard a voice saying vnto him, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

5 And he said, Who art thou Lord? And the Lord said, I am Iesus whom thou persecutest: It is hard for thee to kicke against the prickes.

6 And he trembling and astonished, said, Lord, what wilt thou haue mee to doe? And the Lord said vnto him, Arise, and goe into the citie, and it shall be told thee what thou must doe.

7 And the men which iourneyed with him, stood speechlesse, hearing a voice, but seeing no man.

8 And Saul arose from the earth, and when his eyes were opened, he saw no man: but they led him by the hand, and brought him into Damascus.

9 And he was three dayes without sight, and neither did eate, nor drinke.

10 ¶ And there was a certaine disciple at Damascus, named Ananias, and to him said the Lord in a vision, Ananias. And he said, Behold, I am here, Lord.

11 And the Lord said vnto him, Arise, and goe into the street, which is called Straight, and inquire in the house of Iudas, for one called Saul of Tarsus: for behold, he prayeth,

12 And hath seene in a vision a man named Ananias, comming in, and putting his hand on him, that he might receiue his sight.

13 Then Ananias answered, Lord, I haue heard by many of this man, how much euill hee hath done to thy Saints at Hierusalem:

14 And here he hath authoritic from the chiefe Priests, to binde all that call on thy Name.

15 But the Lord said vnto him, Goe thy way: for hee is a chosen vessell vnto me, to beare my Name before the Gentiles, and Kings, and the children of Israel.

16 For I will shew him how great things hee must suffer for my Names sake.

17 And Ananias went his way, and entred into the house, and putting his hands on him, said, Brother Saul, the Lord (euen Iesus that appeared vnto thee in the way as thou camest) hath sent me, that thou mightest receiue thy sight, and be filled with the holy Ghost.

18 And immediatly there fell from his eyes as it had bene scales, and he receiued sight forthwith, and arose, and was baptized.

19 And when hee had receiued meat, he was strengthened. Then was Saul certaine dayes with the disciples which were at Damascus.

20 And straightway hee preached Christ in the Synagogues, that hee is the Sonne of God.

21 But all that heard him, were amazed, and said, Is not this he that destroyed them which called on this Name in Hierusalem, and came hither for that intent that he might bring them bound vnto the chiefe Priests?

22 But Saul increased the more in strength, and confounded the Iewes which dwelt at Damascus, proouing that this is very Christ.

23 ¶ And after that many dayes were fulfilled, the Iewes tooke counsel to kill him.

24 But their laying awaite was knowen of Saul: and they watched the gates day and night to kill him.

25 Then the disciples tooke him by night, and let him downe by the wall in a basket.

26 And when Saul was come to Hierusalem, he assayed to ioyne himselfe to the disciples, but they were all afraid of him, and beleeued not that he was a disciple.

27 But Barnabas tooke him, and brought him to the Apostles, and declared vnto them how hee had seene the Lord in the way, and that hee had spoken to him, and how hee had preached boldly at Damascus in the Name of Iesus.

28 And he was with them comming in, and going out at Hierusalem.

29 And he spake boldly in the Name of the Lord Iesus, and disputed against the Grecians: but they went about to slay him.

30 Which when the brethren knewe, they brought him downe to Cesarea, and sent him foorth to Tarsus.

31 Then had the Churches rest thorowout all Iudea, and Galilee, and Samaria, and were edified, and walking in the feare of the Lord, and in the comfort of the holy Ghost, were multiplied.

32 ¶ And it came to passe, as Peter passed thorowout all quarters, he came downe also to the Saints, which dwelt at Lydda.

33 And there he found a certaine man named Aeneas, which had kept his bed eight yeeres, and was sicke of the palsie.

34 And Peter said vnto him, Aeneas, Iesus Christ maketh thee whole: arise, and make thy bed. And he arose immediately.

35 And all that dwelt at Lydda, and Saron, saw him, and turned to the Lord.

36 ¶ Now there was at Ioppa a certain disciple, named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: This woman was full of good works, and almes deeds, which she did.

37 And it came to passe in those dayes that she was sicke, and died: whome when they had washed, they laid her in an vpper chamber.

38 And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Ioppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent vnto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.

39 Then Peter arose and went with them: when he was come, they brought him into the vpper chamber: And all the widowes stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while shee was with them.

40 But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled downe, and prayed, and turning him to the body, said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes, and when she saw Peter, she sate vp.

41 And he gaue her his hand, and lift her vp: and when hee had called the Saints & widowes, presented her aliue.

42 And it was knowen thorowout all Ioppa, and many beleeued in the Lord.

43 And it came to passe, that he taried many dayes in Ioppa, with one Simon a Tanner.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:32 pm
Acts
Chapter 10

1 There was a certaine man in Cesarea, called Cornelius, a Centurion of þe band called the Italian band,

2 A deuout man, and one that feared God with all his house, which gaue much almes to the people, and prayed to God alway.

3 He saw in a vision euidently, about the ninth houre of the day, an Angel of God comming in to him, and saying vnto him Cornelius.

4 And when he looked on him, hee was afraid, and said, What is it, Lord? And he said vnto him, Thy praiers and thine almes are come vp for a memorial before God.

5 And now send men to Ioppa, and call for one Simon, whose sirname is Peter.

6 Hee lodgeth with one Simon a Tanner, whose house is by the Sea side; he shall tell thee what thou oughtest to doe.

7 And when the Angel which spake vnto Cornelius, was departed, he called two of his houshold seruants, and a deuout souldier of them that waited on him continually.

8 And when he had declared all these things vnto them, he sent them to Ioppa.

9 ¶ On the morrow as they went on their iourney, and drew nigh vnto the citie, Peter went vp vpon the house to pray, about the sixth houre.

10 And he became very hungry, and would haue eaten: But while they made ready, he fell into a traunce,

11 And saw heauen opened, and a certaine vessell descending vnto him, as it had beene a great sheete, knit at the foure corners, and let downe to the earth:

12 Wherein were all maner of foure footed beasts of the earth, and wilde beasts, and creeping things, and foules of the ayre.

13 And there came a voyce to him, Rise, Peter: kill, and eate.

14 But Peter said, Not so, Lord; for I haue neuer eaten any thing that is common or vncleane.

15 And the voice spake vnto him againe the second time, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

16 This was done thrise: & the vessel was receiued vp againe into heauen.

17 Now while Peter doubted in himselfe what this vision which he had seene, should meane: behold, the men which were sent from Cornelius, had made inquirie for Simons house, and stood before the gate,

18 And called, and asked whether Simon, which was sirnamed Peter, were lodged there.

19 ¶ While Peter thought on the vision, the spirit said vnto him, Behold, three men seeke thee.

20 Arise therefore, and get thee downe, and goe with them, doubting nothing: for I haue sent them.

21 Then Peter went downe to the men, which were sent vnto him from Cornelius, and said, Behold, I am hee, whom ye seeke: what is the cause wherefore ye are come?

22 And they saide, Cornelius the Centurion, a iust man, and one that feareth God, and of good report among all the nation of the Iewes, was warned from God by an holy Angel, to send for thee into his house, and to heare words of thee.

23 Then called he them in, and lodged them: And on the morrowe Peter went away with them, and certaine brethren from Ioppa accōpanied him.

24 And the morrow after they entred into Cesarea: and Cornelius waited for them, and had called together his kinsmen and neere friends.

25 And as Peter was comming in, Cornelius met him, and fell downe at his feete, and worshipped him.

26 But Peter tooke him vp, saying, Stand vp, I my selfe also am a man.

27 And as he talked with him, hee went in, and found many that were come together.

28 And he said vnto them, Ye know how that it is an vnlawfull thing for a man that is a Iewe, to keepe company or come vnto one of another nation: but God hath shewed me, that I should not call any man common or vncleane.

29 Therfore came I vnto you without gainesaying, as soone as I was sent for. I aske therefore, for what intent ye haue sent for me.

30 And Cornelius said, Foure daies agoe I was fasting vntill this houre, and at the ninth houre I prayed in my house, and behold, a man stood before me in bright clothing,

31 And said, Cornelius, thy prayer is heard, and thine almes are had in remembrance in the sight of God.

32 Send therfore to Ioppa, and call hither Simon, whose sirname is Peter; he is lodged in the house of one Simon a Tanner, by the Sea side, who when he cōmeth, shall speake vnto thee.

33 Immediately therefore I sent to thee, and thou hast well done, that thou art come. Now therefore are we all heere present before God, to heare all things that are cōmanded thee of God.

34 ¶ Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a trueth I perceiue þt God is no respecter of persons:

35 But in euery nation, he that feareth him, and worketh righteousnesse, is accepted with him.

36 The word which God sent vnto the children of Israel, preaching peace by Iesus Christ (he is Lord of all.)

37 That word (I say) you knowe which was published thorowout all Iudea, and began from Galilee, after the baptisme which Iohn preached:

38 How God anointed Iesus of Nazareth with the holy Ghost, and with power, who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the deuill: for God was with him.

39 And we are witnesses of all things which hee did both in the land of the Iewes, and in Hierusalem, whom they slew and hanged on a tree,

40 Him God raised vp the third day, and shewed him openly,

41 Not to all the people, but vnto witnesses, chosen before of God, euen to vs who did eate and drinke with him after he rose from the dead.

42 And he commanded vs to preach vnto the people, and to testifie that it is he which was ordeined of God to be the Iudge of quicke and dead.

43 To him giue all the Prophets witnesse, that through his Name whosoeuer beleeueth in him, shall receiue remission of sinnes.

44 ¶ While Peter yet spake these words, the holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word.

45 And they of the circumcision which beleeued, were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was powred out the gift of the holy Ghost.

46 For they heard them speake with tongues, and magnifie God. Then answered Peter,

47 Can any man forbid water, that these should not bee baptized, which haue receiued the holy Ghost, as well as wee?

48 And hee commanded them to be baptized in the Name of the Lord. Then prayed they him to tarie certaine dayes.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:29 am
Acts
Chapter 11

1 And the Apostles, and brethren that were in Iudea, heard that the Gentiles had also receiued the word of God.

2 And when Peter was come vp to Hierusalem, they that were of the circumcision contended with him,

3 Saying, Thou wentest in to men vncircumcised, & didst eate with them.

4 But Peter rehearsed the matter from the beginning, and expounded it by order vnto them, saying,

5 I was in the citie of Ioppa praying, and in a trance I saw a vision, a certaine vessell descend, as it had beene a great sheete, let downe from heauen by foure corners, and it came euen to me.

6 Upon the which when I had fastened mine eyes, I considered, and saw foure footed beasts of the earth, and wild beasts, and creeping things, and foules of the aire.

7 And I heard a voyce, saying vnto me, Arise Peter, slay, and eate.

8 But I said, Not so, Lord: for nothing common or vncleane hath at any time entred into my mouth.

9 But the voyce answered me againe from heauen, What God hath cleansed, that call not thou common.

10 And this was done three times: and all were drawen vp againe into heauen.

11 And behold, immediately there were three men already come vnto the house where I was, sent from Cesarea vnto me.

12 And the spirit bad me goe with them, nothing doubting: Moreouer, these sixe brethren accompanied me, and we entred into the mans house:

13 And he shewed vs how hee had seene an Angell in his house, which stood and said vnto him, Send men to Ioppa, and call for Simon, whose sirname is Peter:

14 Who shall tell thee words, wherby thou, and all thy house shal be saued.

15 And as I began to speake, the holy Ghost fell on them, as on vs at the beginning.

16 Then remembred I the word of the Lord, how that he said, Iohn indeede baptized with water: but ye shall be baptized with the holy Ghost.

17 Forasmuch then as God gaue them the like gift as hee did vnto vs, who beleeued on the Lord Iesus Christ: what was I that I could withstand God?

18 When they heard these things, they held their peace, and glorified God, saying, Then hath God also to the Gentiles granted repentance vnto life.

19 ¶ Now they which were scattered abroad vpon the persecution that arose about Steuen, trauailed as farre as Phenice, and Cyprus, and Antioch, preaching the word to none, but vnto the Iewes onely.

20 And some of them were men of Cyprus, and Cyrene, which when they were come to Antioch, spake vnto the Grecians, preaching the Lord Iesus.

21 And the hand of the Lord was with them: and a great number beleeued, and turned vnto the Lord.

22 ¶ Then tidings of these things came vnto the eares of the Church, which was in Hierusalem: and they sent foorth Barnabas, that hee should goe as farre as Antioch.

23 Who when hee came, and had seene the grace of God, was glad, and exhorted them all, that with purpose of heart they would cleaue vnto the Lord.

24 For he was a good man, and full of the holy Ghost, and of faith: and much people was added vnto the Lord.

25 Then departed Barnabas to Tarsus, for to seeke Saul.

26 And when he had found him, he brought him vnto Antioch. And it came to passe, that a whole yeere they assembled themselues with the Church, and taught much people, and the disciples were called Christians first in Antioch.

27 ¶ And in these dayes, came Prophets from Hierusalem vnto Antioch.

28 And there stood vp one of them, named Agabus, and signified by the spirit, that there should be great dearth throughout all the world: which came to passe in the dayes of Claudius Cesar.

29 Then the disciples, euery man according to his abilitie, determined to send reliefe vnto the brethren which dwelt in Iudea.

30 Which also they did, and sent it to the Elders by the hands of Barnabas and Saul.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:29 am
Acts
Chapter 12

1 Now about that time, Herode the King stretched foorth his hands, to vexe certaine of the Church.

2 And he killed Iames the brother of Iohn with the sword.

3 And because he saw it pleased the Iewes, hee proceeded further, to take Peter also. (Then were the dayes of vnleauened bread.)

4 And when hee had apprehended him, hee put him in prison, and deliuered him to foure quaternions of souldiers to keepe him, intending after Easter to bring him forth to the people.

5 Peter therefore was kept in prison, but prayer was made without ceasing of the Church vnto God for him.

6 And when Herode would haue brought him foorth, the same night Peter was sleeping betweene two Souldiers, bound with two chaines, and the Keepers before the doore kept the prison.

7 And beholde, the Angel of the Lord came vpon him, and a light shined in the prison: and hee smote Peter on the side, and raised him vp, saying, Arise vp quickely. And his chaines fell off from his hands.

8 And the Angel said vnto him, Girde thy selfe, and binde on thy sandales: And so he did. And he sayth vnto him, Cast thy garment about thee, and follow me.

9 And hee went out, and followed him, and wist not that it was true which was done by the Angel: but thought he saw a vision.

10 When they were past the first and the second ward, they came vnto the yron gate that leadeth vnto the citie, which opened to them of his owne accord: and they went out and passed on thorow one streete, and foorthwith the Angel departed from him.

11 And when Peter was come to himselfe, hee said, Now I know of a suretie, that the Lord hath sent his Angel, and hath deliuered mee out of the hand of Herode, and from all the expectation of the people of the Iewes.

12 And when he had considered the thing, he came to the house of Mary the mother of Iohn whose sirname was Marke, where many were gathered together praying.

13 And as Peter knocked at the doore of the gate, a damosell came to hearken, named Rhoda.

14 And when she knew Peters voice, she opened not the gate for gladnes, but ran in, and told how Peter stood before the gate.

15 And they said vnto her, Thou art mad. But she constantly affirmed that it was euen so. Then said they, It it his Angel.

16 But Peter continued knocking: and when they had opened the doore, and saw him, they were astonished.

17 But he beckening vnto them with the hand, to hold their peace, declared vnto them how the Lord had brought him out of the prison: And he said, Goe shew these things vnto Iames, and to the brethren. And he departed, and went into another place.

18 Now assoone as it was day, there was no smal stirre among the souldiers, what was become of Peter.

19 And when Herode had sought for him, and found him not, hee examined the keepers, and commanded that they should be put to death. And hee went downe from Iudea to Cesarea, & there abode.

20 ¶ And Herode was highly displeased with them of Tyre and Sidon: but they came with one accord to him, and hauing made Blastus the kings chamberlaine their friend, desired peace, because their countrey was nourished by the kings countrey.

21 And vpon a set day Herod arayed in royall apparell, sate vpon his throne, and made an Oration vnto them.

22 And the people gaue a shout, saying, It is the voice of a God, and not of a man.

23 And immediatly the Angel of the Lord smote him, because hee gaue not God the glory, and hee was eaten of wormes, and gaue vp the ghost.

24 ¶ But the word of God grewe, and multiplied.

25 And Barnabas and Saul returned from Hierusalem, when they had fulfilled their ministerie, and tooke with them Iohn, whose syrname was Marke.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:04 am
Acts
Chapter 13

1 Nowe there were in the Church that was at Antioch, certaine Prophets and teachers: as Barnabas, and Simeon that was called Niger, and Lucius of Cyrene, and Manaen, which had bene brought vp with Herod the Tetrarch, and Saul.

2 As they ministred to the Lord, and fasted, the holy Ghost said, Separate me Barnabas and Saul, for the worke whereunto I haue called them.

3 And when they had fasted and prayed, and laid their handes on them, they sent them away.

4 ¶ So they being sent forth by the holy Ghost, departed vnto Seleucia, and from thence they sailed to Cyprus.

5 And when they were at Salamis, they preached the word of God in the Synagogues of the Iewes: and they had also Iohn to their Minister.

6 And when they had gone thorow the Ile vnto Paphos, they found a certaine sorcerer, a false prophet, a Iewe, whose name was Bariesus:

7 Which was with the deputie of the countrey Sergius Paulus, a prudent man: who called for Barnabas and Saul, and desired to heare the word of God.

8 But Elymas the sorcerer (for so is his name by interpretation) withstood them, seeking to turne away the deputy from the faith.

9 Then Saul (who also is called Paul) filled with the holy Ghost, set his eyes on him,

10 And said, O full of all subtilty and all mischiefe, thou child of the deuil, thou enemie of all righteousnesse, wilt thou not cease to peruert the right wayes of the Lord?

11 And now behold, the hand of the Lord is vpon thee, & thou shalt be blind, not seeing the Sunne for a season. And immediately there fell on him a mist and a darkenes, and he went about, seeking some to lead him by the hand.

12 Then the Deputie when he sawe what was done, beleeued, being astonished at the doctrine of the Lord.

13 Now when Paul and his company loosed from Paphos, they came to Perga in Pamphylia: and Iohn departing from them, returned to Hierusalem.

14 ¶ But when they departed from Perga, they came to Antioch in Pisidia, and went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and sate downe.

15 And after the reading of the Law and the Prophets, the rulers of the synagogue sent vnto them, saying, Ye men and brethren, if ye haue any word of exhortation for the people, say on.

16 Then Paul stood vp, and beckning with his hand, said, Men of Israel, and ye that feare God, giue audience.

17 The God of this people of Israel chose our fathers, and exalted the people when they dwelt as strangers in the land of Egypt, and with an high arme brought he them out of it.

18 And about the time of fourtie yeeres suffered he their maners in the wildernesse.

19 And when he had destroyed seuen nations in the land of Chanaan, he diuided their land to them by lot:

20 And after that he gaue vnto them iudges, about the space of foure hundred and fifty yeeres vntill Samuel the Prophet.

21 And afterward they desired a King, and God gaue vnto them Saul the sonne of Cis, a man of the tribe of Beniamin, by the space of fourty yeres.

22 And when he had remoued him, hee raised vp vnto them Dauid to be their king, to whom also he gaue testimonie, and said, I haue found Dauid the sonne of Iesse, a man after mine own heart, which shal fulfill all my wil.

23 Of this mans seed hath God, according to his promise, raised vnto Israel a Sauiour, Iesus:

24 When Iohn had first preached before his coming, the baptisme of repentance to all the people of Israel.

25 And as Iohn fulfilled his course, he said, Whom thinke ye that I am? I am not he. But behold, there commeth one after me, whose shooes of his feete I am not worthy to loose.

26 Men and brethren, children of the stocke of Abraham, and whosoeuer among you feareth God, to you is the word of this saluation sent.

27 For they that dwell at Hierusalem, & their rulers, because they knew him not, nor yet the voices of the Prophets which are read euery Sabbath day, they haue fulfilled them in condemning him.

28 And though they found no cause of death in him, yet desired they Pilate that he should be slaine.

29 And when they had fulfilled all that was written of him, they tooke him downe from the tree, and layd him in a Sepulchre.

30 But God raised him frō the dead:

31 And he was seene many dayes of them which came vp with him from Galilee to Hierusalem, who are his witnesses vnto the people.

32 And we declare vnto you glad tidings, how that the promise which was made vnto the fathers,

33 God hath fulfilled the same vnto vs their children, in that he hath raised vp Iesus againe, as it is also written in the second Psalme: Thou art my Sonne, this day haue I begotten thee.

34 And as concerning that he raised him vp from the dead, now no more to returne to corruption, he said on this wise, I will giue you the sure mercies of Dauid.

35 Wherfore he saith also in another Psalme, Thou shalt not suffer thine holy one to see corruption.

36 For Dauid after he had serued his owne generation by the will of God, fell on sleepe, and was laide vnto his fathers, and saw corruption:

37 But hee whom God raised againe, saw no corruption.

38 ¶ Be it knowen vnto you therefore, men and brethren, that through this man is preached vnto you the forgiuenesse of sinnes.

39 And by him all þt beleeue, are iustified from all things, from which ye could not be iustified by the Law of Moses.

40 Beware therefore, least that come vpon you which is spoken of in the Prophets,

41 Behold, yee despisers, and wonder, and perish: for I worke a worke in your dayes, a worke which you shall in no wise beleeue, though a man declare it vnto you.

42 And when the Iewes were gone out of the Synagogue, the Gentiles besought that these words might be preached to them the next Sabbath.

43 Now when the Congregation was broken vp, many of the Iewes, and religious Proselytes followed Paul and Barnabas, who speaking to them, perswaded them to continue in the grace of God.

44 ¶ And the next Sabbath day came almost the whole citie together to heare the word of God.

45 But when the Iewes saw the multitudes, they were filled with enuie, and spake against those things which were spoken by Paul, contradicting, and blaspheming.

46 Then Paul and Barnabas waxed bold, and said, It was necessary that the word of God should first haue bene spoken to you: but seeing yee put it from you, and iudge your selues vnworthy of euerlasting life, loe, we turne to the Gentiles.

47 For so hath the Lord cōmanded vs, saying, I haue set thee to bee a light of the Gentiles, that thou shouldest be for saluation vnto the ends of the earth.

48 And when the Gentiles heard this, they were glad, and glorified the word of the Lord: and as many as were ordeined to eternall life, beleeued.

49 And the word of the Lord was published throughout all the region.

50 But the Iewes stirred vp the deuout and honourable women, and the chiefe men of the citie, and raised persecution against Paul and Barnabas, and expelled them out of their coasts.

51 But they shooke off the dust of their feete against them, and came vnto Iconium.

52 And the disciples were filled with ioy, and with the holy Ghost.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2018 7:07 am
Acts
Chapter 14

1 And it came to passe in Iconium, that they went both together into the synagogue of the Iewes, and so spake, that a great multitude both of the Iewes, and also of the Greekes, beleeued.

2 But the vnbeleeuing Iewes stirred vp the Gentiles, and made their mindes euill affected against the brethren.

3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gaue testimonie vnto the word of his grace, and granted signes and wonders to be done by their hands.

4 But the multitude of the city was diuided: and part held with the Iewes, and part with the Apostles.

5 And when there was an assault made both of the Gentiles, and also of the Iewes, with their rulers, to vse them despitefully, and to stone them,

6 They were ware of it, and fled vnto Lystra and Derbe, cities of Lycaonia, and vnto the region that lyeth round about.

7 And there they preached the Gospell.

8 ¶ And there sate a certaine man at Lystra, impotent in his feete, being a creeple from his mothers wombe, who neuer had walked.

9 The same heard Paul speake: who stedfastly beholding him, and perceiuing that he had faith to be healed,

10 Said with a lowd voice, Stand vpright on thy feete; And he leaped and walked.

11 And when the people saw what Paul had done, they lift vp their voyces, saying in the speech of Lycaonia, The gods are come downe to vs in the likenesse of men.

12 And they called Barnabas Iupiter, and Paul Mercurius, because hee was the chiefe speaker.

13 Then the priest of Iupiter, which was before their city, brought oxen, and garlands vnto the gates, and would haue done sacrifice with the people.

14 Which when the Apostles, Barnabas and Paul heard of, they rent their clothes, and ranne in among the people, crying out,

15 And saying, Sirs, Why doe yee these things? Wee also are men of like passions with you, and preach vnto you, that ye should turne from these vanities, vnto the liuing God, which made heauen and earth, and the sea, and all things that are therein.

16 Who in times past, suffred all nations to walke in their owne wayes.

17 Neuerthelesse, he left not himselfe without witnesse, in that he did good, and gaue vs raine from heauen, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladnesse.

18 And with these sayings scarse restrained they the people, that they had not done sacrifice vnto them.

19 ¶ And there came thither certaine Iewes from Antioch and Iconium, who perswaded the people, and hauing stoned Paul, drew him out of the citie, supposing he had beene dead.

20 Howbeit, as the disciples stood round about him, he rose vp, and came into the citie, and the next day he departed with Barnabas to Derbe.

21 And when they had preached the Gospel to that city, and had taught many, they returned againe to Lystra, and to Iconium, and Antioch,

22 Confirming the soules of the disciples, and exhorting them to continue in the faith, aud that we must through much tribulation enter into the kingdome of God.

23 And when they had ordeined them Elders in euery Church, and had prayed with fasting, they commended them to the Lord, on whom they beleeued.

24 And after they had passed throughout Pisidia, they came to Pamphylia.

25 And when they had preached the word in Perga, they went downe into Attalia,

26 And thence sailed to Antioch, from whence they had been recommended to the grace of God, for the worke which they fulfilled.

27 And when they were come, and had gathered the Church together, they rehearsed all that God had done with them, and how he had opened the doore of faith vnto the Gentiles.

28 And there they abode long time with the disciples.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2018 9:06 am
Acts
Chapter 15

1 And certaine men which came downe from Iudea, taught the brethren, and said, Except ye be circumcised after the manner of Moses, ye cannot be saued.

2 When therefore Paul and Barnabas had no small dissention and disputation with them, they determined that Paul and Barnabas, and certeine other of them, should goe vp to Hierusalem vnto the Apostles and Elders about this question.

3 And being brought on their way by the Church, they passed thorow Phenice and Samaria, declaring the conuersion of the Gentiles: and they caused great ioy vnto all the brethren.

4 And when they were come to Hierusalem, they were receiued of the Church, and of the Apostles, and Elders, and they declared all things that God had done with them.

5 But there rose vp certaine of the sect of the Pharisees which beleeued, saying, that it was needfull to circumcise them, and to cōmand them to keepe the Law of Moses.

6 ¶ And the Apostles & Elders came together for to consider of this matter.

7 And when there had bene much disputing, Peter rose vp, and said vnto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while agoe, God made choise among vs, that the Gentiles by my mouth should heare the worde of the Gospel, and beleeue.

8 And God which knoweth the hearts, bare them witnes, giuing them the holy Ghost, euen as he did vnto vs,

9 And put no difference between vs & them, purifying their hearts by faith.

10 Now therfore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke vpon the necke of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to beare?

11 But we beleeue that through the grace of the Lord Iesus Christ, we shal be saued euen as they.

12 ¶ Then all the multitude kept silence, and gaue audience to Barnabas and Paul, declaring what miracles and wonders God had wrought among the Gentiles by them.

13 ¶ And after they had helde their peace, Iames answered, saying, Men and brethren, hearken vnto me.

14 Simeon hath declared how God at the first did visite the Gentiles to take out of them a people for his Name.

15 And to this agree the words of the Prophets, as it is written,

16 After this I will returne, and wil build againe the Tabernacle of Dauid, which is fallen downe: and I will build againe the ruines thereof, and I will set it vp:

17 That the residue of men might seeke after the Lord, and all the Gentiles, vpon whom my Name is called, sayth the Lord, who doeth all these things.

18 Knowen vnto God are all his workes frō the beginning of the world.

19 Wherefore my sentence is, that we trouble not them, which from among the Gentiles are turned to God:

20 But that wee write vnto them, that they abstaine from pollutions of Idoles, and from fornication, and from things strangled, and from blood.

21 For Moses of olde time hath in euery citie them that preach him, being read in the Synagogues euery Sabbath day.

22 Then pleased it the Apostles and Elders with the whole Church, to send chosen men of their owne company to Antioch, with Paul and Barnabas: namely, Iudas surnamed Barsabas, & Silas, chiefe men among the brethren,

23 And wrote letters by them after this maner, The Apostles and Elders, and brethren, send greeting vnto the brethren, which are of the Gentiles in Antioch, and Syria, and Cilicia.

24 Forasmuch as we haue heard, that certaine which went out from vs, haue troubled you with words, subuerting your soules, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keepe the Law, to whom we gaue no such commandement:

25 It seemed good vnto vs, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men vnto you, with our beloued Barnabas and Paul,

26 Men that haue hazarded their liues for the Name of our Lord Iesus Christ.

27 Wee haue sent therefore Iudas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth.

28 For it seemed good to the holy Ghost, and to vs, to lay vpon you no greater burden then these necessarie things;

29 That ye abstaine from meates offered to idoles, and from blood, & from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keepe your selues, yee shall doe well. Fare ye well.

30 So when they were dismissed, they came to Antioch: and when they had gathered the multitude together, they deliuered the Epistle.

31 Which when they had read, they reioyced for the consolation.

32 And Iudas and Silas, being Prophets also themselues, exhorted the brethren with many words, and confirmed them:

33 And after they had taried there a space, they were let goe in peace from the breehren vnto the Apostles.

34 Notwithstanding it pleased Silas to abide there still.

35 Paul also and Barnabas continued in Antioch, teaching and preaching the word of the Lord, with many others also.

36 ¶ And some dayes after, Paul said vnto Barnabas, Let vs go againe and visit our brethren, in euery city where we haue preached the word of the Lord, and see how they doe.

37 And Barnabas determined to take with them Iohn, whose surname was Marke.

38 But Paul thought not good to take him with them; who departed from them from Pamphylia, and went not with them to the worke.

39 And the contention was so sharpe betweene them, that they departed asunder one from the other: & so Barnabas tooke Marke, & sailed vnto Cyprus.

40 And Paul chose Silas, and departed, being recommended by the brethren vnto the grace of God.

41 And he went thorow Syria and Cilicia, confirming the Churches.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2018 12:24 pm
Acts
Chapter 16

1 Then came he to Derbe, and Lystra: and behold, a certaine disciple was there, named Timotheus, the son of a certaine woman which was a Iewesse, and beleeued: but his father was a Greeke:

2 Which was well reported of by the brethren that were at Lystra and Iconium.

3 Him would Paul haue to go forth with him, and tooke, and circumcised him, because of the Iewes which were in those quarters: for they knew all, that his father was a Greeke.

4 And as they went through the cities, they deliuered them the decrees for to keepe, that were ordeined of the Apostles and Elders, which were at Hierusalem.

5 And so were the Churches established in the faith, and increased in number dayly.

6 Now when they had gone thorowout Phrygia, and the region of Galatia, and were forbidden of the holy Ghost to preach the word in Asia,

7 After they were come to Mysia, they assayed to goe into Bithynia: but the Spirit suffered them not.

8 And they passing by Mysia, came downe to Troas.

9 And a vision appeared to Paul in the night: There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him, saying, Come ouer into Macedonia, and helpe vs.

10 And after he had seene the vision, immediatly we endeuoured to goe into Macedonia, assuredly gathering, that the Lord had called vs for to preach the Gospel vnto them.

11 Therfore loosing from Troas, we came with a straight course to Samothracia, and the next day to Neapolis:

12 And from thence to Philippi, which is the chiefe citie of that part of Macedonia, and a Colonie: and we were in that citie abiding certaine dayes.

13 And on the Sabboth we went out of the citie by a riuer side, where prayer was wont to be made, & we sate downe, and spake vnto the women which resorted thither.

14 ¶ And a certaine woman named Lydia, a seller of purple, of the citie of Thyatira, which worshipped God, heard vs: whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended vnto the things which were spoken of Paul.

15 And when she was baptized, and her houshold, she besought vs, saying, If ye haue iudged me to bee faithfull to the Lord, come into my house, and abide there. And she constrained vs.

16 ¶ And it came to passe, as we went to prayer, a certaine Damosell possessed with a spirit of diuination, met vs: which brought her masters much gaine by soothsaying.

17 The same followed Paul and vs, and cried, saying, These men are the seruants of the most hie God, which shew vnto vs the way of saluation.

18 And this did she many dayes: but Paul being grieued, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the Name of Iesus Christ, to come out of her. And he came out the same houre.

19 ¶ And when her Masters saw that the hope of their gaines was gone, they caught Paul and Silas, and drew them into the market place, vnto the rulers,

20 And brought them to the Magistrates, saying, These men being Iewes, do exceedingly trouble our city,

21 And teach customes which are not lawfull for vs to receiue, neither to obserue, being Romanes.

22 And the multitude rose vp together against them, and the Magistrates rent off their clothes, and commanded to beate them.

23 And when they had layed many stripes vpon them, they cast them into prison, charging the Iaylour to keepe them safely.

24 Who hauing receiued such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, & made their feet fast in the stockes.

25 ¶ And at midnight, Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises vnto God: and the prisoners heard them.

26 And suddenly there was a great earthquake, so that the foundations of the prison were shaken: and immediately all the doores were opened, and euery ones bands were loosed.

27 And the keeper of the prison awaking out of his sleepe, and seeing the prison doores open, he drew out his sword, and would haue killed himselfe, supposing that the prisoners had beene fled.

28 But Paul cried with a loud voice, saying, Doe thy selfe no harme, for we are all heere.

29 Then hee called for a light, and sprang in, and came trembling, and fell downe before Paul and Silas,

30 And brought them out, and said, Sirs, what must I doe to be saued?

31 And they saide, Beleeue on the Lord Iesus Christ, and thou shalt be saued, and thy house.

32 And they spake vnto him the word of the Lord, and to all that were in his house.

33 And hee tooke them the same houre of the night, and washed their stripes, and was baptized, hee and all his, straightway.

34 And when he had brought them into his house, hee set meat before them, and reioyced, beleeuing in God with all his house.

35 And when it was day, the Magistrates sent the Sergeants, saying, Let those men goe.

36 And the keeper of the prison told this saying to Paul, The Magistrates haue sent to let you goe: Now therefore depart, and goe in peace.

37 But Paul said vnto them, They haue beaten vs openly vncondemned, being Romanes, and haue cast vs into prison, and now doe they thrust vs out priuily? Nay verily, but let them come themselues, and fetch vs out.

38 And the Sergeants tolde these words vnto the Magistrates: and they feared when they heard that they were Romanes.

39 And they came and besought them, and brought them out, and desired them to depart out of the citie.

40 And they went out of the prison, and entred into the house of Lydia, and when they had seene the brethren, they comforted them, and departed.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games