Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2018 12:43 pm
Acts
Chapter 17
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Now when they had passed thorow Amphipolis, and Apollonia, they came to Thessalonica, where was a synagogue of the Iewes.

2 And Paul, as his maner was, went in vnto them, and three Sabbath dayes reasoned with them out of the Scriptures,

3 Opening and alleadging, that Christ must needs haue suffered and risen againe from the dead: and that this Iesus whom I preach vnto you, is Christ.

4 And some of them beleeued, and consorted with Paul and Silas: and of the deuout Greekes a great multitude, and of the chiefe women not a few.

5 ¶ But the Iewes which beleeued not, mooued with enuie, tooke vnto them certaine lewd fellowes of the baser sort, and gathered a company, and set all the citie on an vprore, and assaulted the house of Iason, and sought to bring them out to the people.

6 And when they found them not, they drew Iason, and certaine brethren vnto the rulers of the citie, crying, These that haue turned the world vpside downe, are come hither also,

7 Whom Iason hath receiued: and these all doe contrary to the decrees of Cesar, saying, that there is another King, one Iesus.

8 And they troubled the people, and the rulers of the citie, when they heard these things.

9 And when they had taken securitie of Iason, and of the other, they let them goe.

10 ¶ And the brethren immediatly sent away Paul and Silas by night vnto Berea: who comming thither, went into the Synagogue of the Iewes.

11 These were more noble then those in Thessalonica, in that they receiued the word with all readinesse of minde, and searched the Scriptures dayly, whether those things were so.

12 Therefore many of them beleeued: also of honourable women which were Greekes, and of men not a few.

13 But when the Iewes of Thessalonica had knowledge that the word of God was preached of Paul at Berea, they came thither also, and stirred vp the people.

14 And then immediatly the brethren sent away Paul, to goe as it were to the sea: but Silas and Timotheus abode there still.

15 And they that conducted Paul, brought him vnto Athens, and receiuing a commaundement vnto Silas and Timotheus, for to come to him with all speed, they departed.

16 ¶ Now while Paul waited for them at Athens, his spirit was stirred in him, when hee saw the city wholy giuen to idolatrie.

17 Therefore disputed he in the Synagogue with the Iewes, and with the deuout persons, and in the market dayly with them that met with him.

18 Then certaine Philosophers of the Epicureans, and of the Stoikes, encountred him: and some said, What will this babbler say? Othersome, He seemeth to be a setter foorth of strange gods: because hee preached vnto them Iesus, and the resurrection.

19 And they tooke him, and brought him vnto Areopagus, saying, May we know what this new doctrine, whereof thou speakest, is?

20 For thou bringest certaine strange things to our eares: we would know therefore what these things meane.

21 (For all the Athenians and strangers which were there, spent their time in nothing else, but either to tell or to heare some new thing.)

22 ¶ Then Paul stood in the mids of Mars-hill, and said, Yee men of Athens, I perceiue that in all things yee are too superstitious.

23 For as I passed by, and beheld your deuotions, I found an Altar with this inscription, TO THE VNKNOWEN GOD. Whom therefore yee ignorantly worship, him declare I vnto you.

24 God that made the world, and all things therein, seeing that hee is Lord of heauen and earth, dwelleth not in Temples made with hands:

25 Neither is worshipped with mens hands as though he needed any thing, seeing hee giueth to all, life and breath, and all things,

26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men, for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation:

27 That they should seeke the Lord, if haply they might feele after him and finde him, though he be not farre from euery one of vs.

28 For in him we liue, and mooue, and haue our being, as certaine also of your owne Poets haue said, For we are also his offspring.

29 Forasmuch then as wee are the offspring of God, wee ought not to thinke that the Godhead is like vnto golde, or siluer, or stone grauen by arte, and mans deuice.

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at, but now commandeth all men euery where to repent:

31 Because hee hath appointed a day in the which he will iudge the world in righteousnesse, by that man whom hee hath ordeined, whereof he hath giuen assurance vnto all men, in that he hath raised him from the dead.

32 ¶ And when they heard of the resurrection of the dead, some mocked: and others said, Wee will heare thee againe of this matter.

33 So Paul departed from among them.

34 Howbeit, certaine men claue vnto him, and beleeued: among the which was Dionysius the Areopagite, and a woman named Damaris, and others with them.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 21, 2018 3:59 am
Acts
Chapter 18

1 After these things, Paul departed from Athens, and came to Corinth,

2 And found a certaine Iewe named Aquila, borne in Pontus, lately come from Italy, with his wife Priscilla, (because that Claudius had commanded all Iewes to depart from Rome) and came vnto them.

3 And because hee was of the same craft, he abode with them, and wrought (for by their occupation they were tentmakers.)

4 And hee reasoned in the Synagogue euery Sabbath, and perswaded the Iewes, and the Greekes.

5 And when Silas and Timotheus were come from Macedonia, Paul was pressed in spirit, and testified to the Iewes, that Iesus was Christ.

6 And when they opposed themselues, and blasphemed, he shooke his raiment, and said vnto them, Your blood be vpon your owne heads, I am cleane: from henceforth I will goe vnto the Gentiles.

7 ¶ And hee departed thence, and entred into a certaine mans house, named Iustus, one that worshipped God, whose house ioyned hard to the Synagogue.

8 And Crispus, the chiefe ruler of the Synagogue, beleeued on the Lord, with all his house: and many of the Corinthians, hearing, beleeued, and were baptized.

9 Then spake the Lord to Paul in the night by a vision, Be not afraid, but speake, and holde not thy peace:

10 For I am with thee, and no man shal set on thee, to hurt thee: for I haue much people in this city.

11 And hee continued there a yeere and sixe monethes, teaching the word of God among them.

12 ¶ And when Gallio was the Deputie of Achaia, the Iewes made insurrection with one accord against Paul, and brought him to the iudgement seat,

13 Saying, This fellow perswadeth men to worship God contrary to the Law.

14 And when Paul was now about to open his mouth, Gallio said vnto the Iewes, If it were a matter of wrong, or wicked lewdnesse, O yee Iewes, reason would that I should beare with you.

15 But if it be a question of words, and names, and of your law, looke ye to it: for I wil be no iudge of such matters.

16 And he draue them from the iudgment seate.

17 Then all the Greekes tooke Sosthenes the chiefe ruler of the Synagogue, and beat him before the Iudgement seat: and Gallio cared for none of those things.

18 ¶ And Paul after this taried there yet a good while, and then tooke his leaue of the brethren, and sailed thence into Syria, and with him Priscilla and Aquila: hauing shorne his head in Cenchrea: for he had a vow.

19 And he came to Ephesus, and left them there: but he himselfe entred into the Synagogue, and reasoned with the Iewes.

20 When they desired him to tary longer time with them, hee consented not:

21 But bade them farewell, saying, I must by all meanes keepe this feast that commeth, in Hierusalem; but I will returne againe vnto you, if God will: and he sailed from Ephesus.

22 And when he had landed at Cesarea, and gone vp, and saluted the Church, he went downe to Antioch.

23 And after he had spent some time there, hee departed, and went ouer all the countrey of Galatia and Phrygia in order, strengthening all the disciples.

24 ¶ And a certaine Iew, named Apollos, borne at Alexandria, an eloquent man, and mightie in the Scriptures, came to Ephesus.

25 This man was instructed in the way of the Lord, and being feruent in the spirit, he spake and taught diligently the things of the Lord, knowing onely the baptisme of Iohn.

26 And he began to speake boldly in the Synagogue: whom when Aquila and Priscilla had heard, they tooke him vnto them, and expounded vnto him the way of God more perfectly.

27 And when hee was disposed to passe into Achaia, the brethren wrote, exhorting the disciples to receiue him: who, when he was come, helped them much which had beleeued throgh grace.

28 For hee mightily conuinced the Iewes, and that publikely, shewing by the scriptures, that Iesus was Christ.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 22, 2018 3:01 am
Acts
Chapter 19

1 And it came to passe, that while Apollos was at Corinth, Paul hauing passed thorow the vpper coasts, came to Ephesus, and finding certaine disciples,

2 He said vnto them, Haue ye receiued the holy Ghost since yee beleeued? And they saide vnto him, Wee haue not so much as heard whether there be any holy Ghost.

3 And he said vnto them, Unto what then were ye baptized? And they saide, Unto Iohns Baptisme.

4 Then saide Paul, Iohn verely baptized with the baptisme of repentance, saying vnto the people, that they should beleeue on him which should come after him, that is, on Christ Iesus.

5 When they heard this, they were baptized in the Name of the Lord Iesus.

6 And when Paul had laide his hands vpon them, the holy Ghost came on them, and they spake with tongues, and prophecied.

7 And all þe men were about twelue.

8 And hee went into the Synagogue, and spake boldly for the space of three moneths, disputing and perswading the things concerning the Kingdome of God.

9 But when diuers were hardened, and beleeued not, but spake euill of that way before the multitude, he departed from them, and separated the disciples, disputing daily in the schoole of one Tyrannus.

10 And this continued by the space of two yeeres, so that all they which dwelt in Asia, heard the word of the Lord Iesus, both Iewes and Greeks.

11 And God wrought speciall miracles by the hands of Paul:

12 So that from his body were brought vnto the sicke handkerchiefs or aprons, and the diseases departed from them, and the euill spirits went out of them.

13 ¶ Then certaine of the vagabond Iewes, exorcistes, tooke vpon them to call ouer them which had euill spirits, the Name of the Lord Iesus, saying, We adiure you by Iesus whom Paul preacheth.

14 And there were seuen sonnes of one Sceua a Iewe, and chiefe of the Priests, which did so.

15 And the euill spirit answered, and said, Iesus I knowe, and Paul I know, but who are ye?

16 And the man in whom the euill spirit was, leapt on them, and ouercame them, and preuailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

17 And this was knowen to all the Iewes and Greekes also dwelling at Ephesus, and feare fell on them all, and the Name of the Lord Iesus was magnified.

18 And many that beleeued came, and confessed, and shewed their deedes.

19 Many also of them which vsed curious arts, brought their bookes together and burned them before all men: and they counted the price of them, and found it fifty thousand pieces of siluer.

20 So mightily grew the word of God, and preuailed.

21 ¶ After these things were ended, Paul purposed in the spirit, when hee had passed thorow Macedonia and Athaia, to go to Hierusalem, saying, After I haue bin there, I must also see Rome.

22 So hee sent into Macedonia two of them that ministred vnto him, Timotheus and Erastus, but he himselfe stayed in Asia for a season.

23 And the same time there arose no small stirre about that way.

24 For a certaine man named Demetrius, a siluer smith, which made siluer shrines for Diana, brought no small gaine vnto the craftsmen:

25 Whom he called together, with the workemen of like occupation, and said, Sirs, ye know that by this craft we haue our wealth.

26 Moreouer, ye see & heare, that not alone at Ephesus, but almost throughout all Asia, this Paul hath perswaded and turned away much people, saying, that they bee no gods, which are made with hands.

27 So that not only this our craft is in danger to be set at nought: but also that the Temple of the great goddesse Diana should be despised, and her magnificence should be destroyed, whom all Asia, and the world worshippeth.

28 And when they heard these sayings, they were ful of wrath, & cried out, saying, Great is Diana of þe Ephesians.

29 And the whole citie was filled with confusion, and hauing caught Gaius and Aristarchus men of Macedonia Pauls companions in trauaile, they rushed with one accord into the Theatre.

30 And when Paul would haue entred in vnto the people, the disciples suffered him not.

31 And certaine of the chiefe of Asia, which were his friends, sent vnto him, desiring him that he would not aduenture himselfe into the Theatre.

32 Some therefore cried one thing, and some another: for the assembly was confused, and the more part knew not wherefore they were come together.

33 And they drew Alexander out of the multitude, the Iewes putting him forward. And Alexander beckened with the hand, and would haue made his defence vnto the people.

34 But when they knew that he was a Iewe, all with one voyce about the space of two houres cried out, Great is Diana of the Ephesians.

35 And when the towne clarke had appeased the people, he said, Ye men of Ephesus, what man is there þt knoweth not how that the citie of the Ephesians is a worshipper of the great goddesse Diana, and of the image which fell downe from Iupiter?

36 Seeing then that these things cannot be spoken against, ye ought to be quiet, and to doe nothing rashly.

37 For ye haue brought hither these men, which are neither robbers of Churches, nor yet blasphemers of your goddesse:

38 Wherefore if Demetrius, and the craftesmen which are with him, haue a matter against any man, the law is open, and there are deputies, let them implead one another.

39 But if yee enquire any thing concerning other matters, it shalbe determined in a lawfull assembly.

40 For we are in danger to be called in question for this dayes vprore, there being no cause whereby we may giue an accompt of this concourse.

41 And when hee had thus spoken, he dismissed the assembly.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2018 11:51 am
Acts
Chapter 20

1 And after the vprore was ceased, Paul called vnto him the disciples, and imbraced them, & departed, for to go into Macedonia.

2 And when he had gone ouer those parts, and had giuen them much exhortation, he came into Greece,

3 And there abode three moneths: and when the Iewes layed waite for him, as hee was about to saile into Syria, hee purposed to returne thorow Macedonia.

4 And there accompanied him into Asia, Sopater of Berea: and of the Thessalonians, Aristarchus, and Secundus, and Gaius of Derbe, and Timotheus: and of Asia Tychicus and Trophimus.

5 These going before, taried for vs at Troas:

6 And wee sailed away from Philippi, after the dayes of vnleauened bread, and came vnto them to Troas in fiue dayes, where we abode seuen daies.

7 And vpon the first day of the weeke, when the disciples came together to breake bread, Paul preached vnto them, ready to depart on the morrow, and continued his speach vntill midnight.

8 And there were many lights in the vpper chamber where they were gathered together.

9 And there sate in a window a certaine yong man named Eutychus, being fallen into a deepe sleepe, and as Paul was long preaching, hee sunke downe with sleepe, and fel downe from the third loft, and was taken vp dead.

10 And Paul went downe, and fell on him, and embracing him, saide, Trouble not your selues, for his life is in him.

11 When hee therefore was come vp againe, & had broken bread, and eaten, and talked a long while, euen till breake of day, so he departed.

12 And they brought the yong man aliue, and were not a little comforted.

13 ¶ And wee went before to ship, and sailed vnto Assos, there intending to take in Paul: for so had hee appointed, minding himselfe to goe afoote.

14 And when he met with vs at Assos, wee tooke him in, and came to Mitylene.

15 And wee sailed thence, and came the next day ouer against Chios, and the next day we arriued at Samos, and taried at Trogyllium: and the next day we came to Miletus.

16 For Paul had determined to saile by Ephesus, because he would not spend the time in Asia: for he hasted, if it were possible for him, to be at Hierusalem the day of Pentecost.

17 ¶ And from Miletus hee sent to Ephesus, and called the Elders of the Church.

18 And when they were come to him, he said vnto them, Ye know from the first day that I came into Asia, after what maner I haue bene with you at all seasons,

19 Seruing the Lord with all humilitie of minde, and with many teares, and temptations, which befell me by the lying in wait of the Iewes:

20 And how I kept backe nothing that was profitable vnto you, but haue shewed you, and haue taught you publikely, and from house to house,

21 Testifying both to the Iewes and also to the Greekes, repentance toward God, and faith toward our Lord Iesus Christ.

22 And now behold, I goe bound in the spirit vnto Hierusalem, not knowing the things that shal befall me there:

23 Saue that the holy Ghost witnesseth in euery city, saying that bonds and afflictions abide me.

24 But none of these things mooue me, neither count I my life deare vnto my self, so that I might finish my course with ioy, & the ministery which I haue receiued of the Lord Iesus, to testifie the Gospel of the grace of God.

25 And now behold, I know that ye all, among whom I haue gone preaching the kingdom of God, shall see my face no more.

26 Wherefore I take you to record this day, that I am pure from the blood of all men.

27 For I haue not shunned to declare vnto you all the counsell of God.

28 ¶ Take heed therefore vnto your selues, & to all the flocke, ouer the which the holy Ghost hath made you ouerseers, to feed the Church of God, which he hath purchased with his own blood.

29 For I know this, that after my departing shall grieuous wolues enter in among you, not sparing the flocke.

30 Also of your owne selues shal men arise, speaking peruerse things, to draw away disciples after them.

31 Therefore watch, and remember that by the space of three yeeres, I ceased not to warne euery one night and day with teares.

32 And now brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you vp, and to giue you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.

33 I haue coueted no mans siluer, or golde, or apparell.

34 Yea, you your selues know, that these handes haue ministred vnto my necessities, and to them that were with me.

35 I haue shewed you all things, how that so labouring, yee ought to support the weake, and to remember the words of the Lord Iesus, how he said, It is more blessed to giue, then to receiue.

36 ¶ And when he had thus spoken, he kneeled downe, & prayed with them all.

37 And they all wept sore, and fell on Pauls necke, and kissed him,

38 Sorrowing most of all for the words which he spake, that they should see his face no more. And they accompanied him vnto the ship.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2018 5:40 am
Acts
Chapter 21

1 And it came to passe, that after wee were gotten frō them, and had lanched, wee came with a straight course vnto Choos, and the day following vnto Rhodes, and from thence vnto Patara.

2 And finding a ship sailing ouer vnto Phenicea, wee went abroad, and set foorth.

3 Now when wee had discouered Cyprus, we left it on the left hand, and sailed into Syria, and landed at Tyre: for there the shippe was to vnlade her burden.

4 And finding disciples, wee taried there seuen dayes: who said to Paul through the Spirit, that hee should not goe vp to Hierusalem.

5 And when we had accomplished those dayes, we departed, and went our way, and they all brought vs on our way, with wiues and children, till wee were out of the citie: and wee kneeled downe on the shore, and prayed.

6 And when we had taken our leaue one of another, we tooke ship, and they returned home againe.

7 And when wee had finished our course from Tyre, wee came to Ptolemais, and saluted the brethren, and abode with them one day.

8 And the next day we that were of Pauls company, departed, and came vnto Cesarea, and wee entred into the house of Philip the Euangelist (which was one of the seuen) & abode with him.

9 And þe same man had foure daughters, virgins, which did prophesie.

10 And as wee taried there many dayes, there came downe from Iudea a certaine Prophet, named Agabus.

11 And when he was come vnto vs, he tooke Pauls girdle, and bound his owne hands and feete, and said, Thus sayth the holy Ghost, So shall the Iewes at Hierusalem binde the man that oweth this girdle, and shall deliuer him into the hands of the Gentiles.

12 And when we heard these things, both we and they of that place, besought him not to goe vp to Hierusalem.

13 Then Paul answered, What meane ye to weepe and to breake mine heart? for I am ready, not to bee bound onely, but also to die at Hierusalem for the Name of the Lord Iesus.

14 And when he would not bee perswaded, we ceased, saying, The will of the Lord be done.

15 And after those dayes we tooke vp our cariages, & went vp to Hierusalem.

16 There went with vs also certaine of the disciples of Cesarea, and brought with them one Mnason of Cyprus, an old disciple, with whō we should lodge.

17 And when we were come to Hierusalem, the brethren receiued vs gladly

18 And the day following Paul went in with vs vnto Iames, and all the Elders were present.

19 And when hee had saluted them, hee declared particularly what things God had wrought among the Gentiles by his ministerie.

20 And when they heard it, they glorified the Lord, & said vnto him, Thou seest, brother, how many thousands of Iewes there are which beleeue, and they are all zealous of the Law.

21 And they are informed of thee, that thou teachest all the Iewes which are among the Gentiles, to forsake Moses, saying, that they ought not to circumcise their children, neither to walke after the customes.

22 What is it therefore? the multitude must needs come together: for they will heare that thou art come.

23 Doe therefore this that we say to thee: Wee haue foure men which haue a vow on them,

24 Then take, and purifie thy selfe with them, & bee at charges with them, that they may shaue their heads: and all may know that those things wherof they were informed concerning thee, are nothing, but that thou thy selfe also walkest orderly, and keepest the Law.

25 As touching the Gentiles which beleeue, wee haue written and concluded, that they obserue no such thing, saue onely that they keepe themselues from things offered to idoles, and from blood, and from strangled, and from fornication.

26 Then Paul tooke the men, and the next day purifying himselfe with them, entred into the Temple, to signifie the accomplishment of the dayes of purification, vntill that an offering should be offered for euery one of them:

27 And when the seuen dayes were almost ended, the Iewes which were of Asia, when they saw him in the Temple, stirred vp all the people, and laide hands on him,

28 Crying out, Men of Israel, helpe: this is þe man that teacheth al men euery where against the people, and the law, and this place: and farther brought Greeks also into the Temple, and hath polluted this holy place.

29 (For they had seene before with him in the citie, Trophimus an Ephesian, whome they supposed that Paul had brought into the Temple.)

30 And all the citie was moued, and the people ran together: and they tooke Paul, and drew him out of the Temple: and forthwith the doores were shut.

31 And as they went about to kil him, tidings came vnto the chiefe captaine of the band, that all Hierusalem was in an vprore.

32 Who immediatly tooke souldiers, and Centurions, and ran downe vnto them: and when they saw the chiefe captaine and the souldiers, they left beating of Paul.

33 Then the chiefe captain came neere, and tooke him, & commanded him to be bound with two chains, and demanded who he was, and what hee had done.

34 And some cried one thing, some another, among the multitude: and when he could not know the certaintie for the tumult, he commanded him to be caried into the castle.

35 And when he came vpon þe staires, so it was that he was borne of the souldiers, for the violence of the people.

36 For the multitude of the people followed after, crying, Away with him.

37 And as Paul was to bee led into the castle, hee saide vnto the chiefe captaine, May I speake vnto thee? Who saide, Canst thou speake Greeke?

38 Art not thou that Egyptian which before these daies madest an vprore, and leddest out into the wildernesse foure thousand men that were murtherers?

39 But Paul said, I am a man which am a Iew of Tarsus, a citie in Cilicia, a citizen of no meane citie: & I beseech thee suffer me to speake vnto the people.

40 And when he had giuen him licence, Paul stood on the staires, and beckened with the hand vnto the people: and when there was made a great silence, he spake vnto them in the Hebrew tongue, saying.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 25, 2018 12:59 pm
Acts
Chapter 22

1 Men, brethren, and fathers, heare ye my defence which I make now vnto you.

2 (And when they heard that hee spake in the Hebrew tongue to them, they kept the more silence: and he saith,)

3 I am verely a man which am a Iew, borne in Tarsus a citie in Cilicia, yet brought vp in this citie at the feete of Gamaliel, and taught according to the perfect maner of the law of the fathers, and was zealous towards God, as ye all are this day.

4 And I persecuted this way vnto the death, binding and deliuering into prisons both men and women,

5 As also the high Priest doth beare me witnesse, and all the estate of the elders: from whom also I receiued letters vnto the brethren, and went to Damascus, to bring them which were there, bound vnto Hierusalem, for to be punished.

6 And it came to passe, that as I made my iourney, & was come nigh vnto Damascus about noone, suddenly there shone from heauen a great light round about me.

7 And I fell vnto the ground, and heard a voice saying vnto mee, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me?

8 And I answered, Who art thou, Lord? And he said vnto me, I am Iesus of Nazareth whō thou persecutest.

9 And they that were with me saw indeede the light, and were afraid; but they heard not the voice of him that spake to me.

10 And I saide, What shall I doe, Lord? And the Lord said vnto me, Arise, and goe into Damascus, and there it shall be told thee of all things which are appointed for thee to doe.

11 And when I could not see for the glory of that light, being led by the hand of them that were with me, I came into Damascus.

12 And one Ananias, a deuout man according to the law, hauing a good report of al the Iewes which dwelt there,

13 Came vnto me, and stood, & said vnto me, Brother Saul, receiue thy sight. And the same houre I looked vp vpon him.

14 And he said, The God of our fathers hath chosen thee, þt thou shouldest know his will, & see that Iust one, and shouldest heare the voice of his mouth.

15 For thou shalt be his witnes vnto al men, of what thou hast seene & heard.

16 And now, why tariest thou? Arise, and be baptized, and wash away thy sinnes, calling on the name of the Lord.

17 And it came to passe, that when I was come againe to Hierusalem, euen while I prayed in the temple, I was in a trance,

18 And saw him saying vnto mee, Make haste, and get thee quickly out of Hierusalem: for they will not receiue thy testimony concerning me.

19 And I said, Lord, they know that I imprisoned, and beat in euery synagogue them that beleeued on thee.

20 And when þe blood of thy martyr Steuen was shed, I also was standing by, and consenting vnto his death, and kept the raiment of them that slew him.

21 And he said vnto me, Depart: for I will send thee farre hence, vnto the Gentiles.

22 And they gaue him audience vnto this word, and then lift vp their voices, and said, Away with such a fellow from the earth: for it is not fit that he should liue.

23 And as they cried out, and cast off their clothes, & threw dust into the aire,

24 The chiefe captaine commanded him to be brought into the castle, and bade that hee should be examined by scourging: that he might know wherfore they cried so against him.

25 And as they bound him with thongs, Paul said vnto the Centurion that stood by, Is it lawfull for you to scourge a man that is a Romane, and vncondemned?

26 When the Centurion heard that, hee went and told the chiefe captaine, saying, Take heede what thou doest, for this man is a Romane.

27 Then the chiefe captaine came; and said vnto him, Tell me, art thou a Romane? He said, Yea.

28 And the chiefe captaine answered, With a great summe obteined I this freedome. And Paul said, But I was free borne.

29 Then straightway they departed from him which should haue examined him: and the chiefe captaine also was afraid after he knew that he was a Romane, & because he had bound him.

30 On the morrow, because he would haue knowen the certaintie wherefore he was accused of the Iewes, he loosed him from his bands, and commanded the chiefe Priests and all their Councill to appeare, and brought Paul downe, and set him before them.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2018 3:27 pm
Acts
Chapter 23

1 And Paul earnestly beholding the council, said, Men and brethren, I haue liued in all good conscience before God vntill this day.

2 And the high Priest Ananias commanded them that stood by him, to smite him on the mouth.

3 Then saith Paul vnto him, God shall smite thee, thou whited wall: for sittest thou to iudge mee after the Law, and commandest mee to be smitten contrary to the Law?

4 And they that stood by, said, Reuilest thou Gods high Priest?

5 Then said Paul, I wist not, brethren, that hee was the high Prist: For it is written, Thou shalt not speake euill of the ruler of thy people.

6 But when Paul perceiued that the one part were Sadducees, and the other Pharisees, hee cryed out in the Councill, Men and brethren, I am a Pharisee, the sonne of a Pharisee: of the hope and resurrection of the dead, I am called in question.

7 And when hee had so said, there arose a dissension betweene the Pharisees and the Sadducees: and the multitude was diuided.

8 For the Sadducees say that there is no resurrection, neither Angel, nor spirit: but the Pharisees confesse both.

9 And there arose a great cry: and the Scribes that were of the Pharisees part arose, and stroue, saying, Wee finde no euill in this man: but if a spirit or an Angel hath spoken to him, let vs not fight against God.

10 And when there arose a great dissension, the chiefe captaine fearing lest Paul should haue bene pulled in pieces of them, commanded the souldiers to goe downe, and to take him by force from among them, and to bring him into the castle.

11 And the night folowing, the Lord stood by him, and saide, Bee of good cheere, Paul: for as thou hast testified of mee in Hierusalem, so must thou beare witnesse also at Rome.

12 And when it was day, certaine of the Iewes banded together, and bound themselues vnder a curse, saying, that they would neither eate nor drinke till they had killed Paul.

13 And they were more then fourtie which had made this conspiracie.

14 And they came to the chiefe Priests and Elders, and said, Wee haue bound our selues vnder a great curse, that wee will eate nothing vntill wee haue slaine Paul.

15 Now therefore ye with the Councill, signifie to the chiefe captaine that he bring him downe vnto you to morrow, as though yee would enquire something more perfectly concerning him: and we, or euer he come neere, are ready to kill him.

16 And when Pauls sisters sonne heard of their laying in wait, hee went and entred into the castle, & told Paul.

17 Then Paul called one of the Centurions vnto him, and said, Bring this yong man vnto the chiefe captaine: for he hath a certaine thing to tell him.

18 So he took him, and brought him to the chiefe captaine, and said, Paul the prisoner called me vnto him, and praied mee to bring this yong man vnto thee, who hath something to say vnto thee.

19 Then the chiefe captaine tooke him by the hand, and went with him aside priuately, and asked him, What is that thou hast to tell me?

20 And he said, The Iewes haue agreed to desire thee, that thou wouldest bring downe Paul to morrow into the Council, as though they would enquire somewhat of him more perfectly.

21 But do not thou yeeld vnto them: for there lie in wait for him of them moe then fourtie men, which haue bound themselues with an othe, that they will neither eate nor drinke, till they haue killed him: and now are they ready, looking for a promise from thee.

22 So the chiefe captaine then let the yong man depart, and charged him, See thou tell no man, that thou hast shewed these things to me.

23 And he called vnto him two Centurions, saying, Make ready two hundred souldiers to goe to Cesarea, and horsemen threescore and ten, and spearemen two hundred, at the third houre of the night.

24 And prouide them beasts, that they may set Paul on, and bring him safe vnto Felix the gouernour.

25 And hee wrote a letter after this manner:

26 Claudius Lysias, vnto the most excellent Gouernour Felix, sendeth greeting.

27 This man was taken of the Iewes and should haue beene killed of them: Then came I with an armie, and rescued him, hauing vnderstood that he was a Romane.

28 And when I would haue knowen the cause wherefore they accused him, I brought him foorth into their Council.

29 Whom I perceiued to be accused of questions of their lawe, but to haue nothing laide to his charge worthy of death or of bonds.

30 And when it was tolde me, how that the Iewes laid waite for the man, I sent straightway to thee, and gaue commandement to his accusers also, to say before thee what they had against him. Farewell.

31 Then the souldiers, as it was commaunded them, tooke Paul, and brought him by night to Antipatris.

32 On the morow, they left the horsemen to goe with him, and returned to the castle.

33 Who when they came to Cesarea, and deliuered the Epistle to the gouernour, presented Paul also before him.

34 And when the gouernour had read the letter, he asked of what prouince he was. And when he vnderstood that he was of Cilicia:

35 I will heare thee, said hee, when thine accusers are also come. And hee commanded him to be kept in Herods iudgement hall.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2018 2:05 pm
Acts
Chapter 24

1 And after fiue dayes, Ananias the hie Priest descended with the Elders, and with a certaine Oratour named Tertullus, who enformed the gouernour against Paul.

2 And when he was called foorth, Tertullus began to accuse him, saying, Seeing that by thee we enioy great quietnesse, and that very worthy deeds are done vnto this natiō by thy prouidence:

3 Wee accept it alwayes, and in all places, most noble Felix, with all thankfulnesse.

4 Notwithstanding, that I be not farther tedious vnto thee, I pray thee, that thou wouldest heare vs of thy clemencie a few words.

5 For we haue found this man a pestilent fellow, and a moouer of sedition among all the Iewes throughout the world, and a ringleader of the sect of the Nazarenes.

6 Who also hath gone about to profane the Temple: whom we tooke, and would haue iudged according to our lawe.

7 But the chiefe captaine Lysias came vpon vs, and with great violence tooke him away out of our hands:

8 Commanding his accusers to come vnto thee, by examining of whom thy selfe mayest take knowledge of all these things, whereof we accuse him.

9 And the Iewes also assented, saying that these things were so.

10 Then Paul, after that the gouernour had beckened vnto him to speake, answered, Forasmuch as I know that thou hast been of many yeeres a Iudge vnto this nation, I do the more cheerefully answere for my selfe:

11 Because that thou mayest vnderstand, that there are yet but twelue dayes, since I went vp to Hierusalem for to worship.

12 And they neither found me in the Temple disputing with any man, neither raising vp the people, neither in the Synagogues, nor in the citie:

13 Neither can they proue the things whereof they now accuse me.

14 But this I confesse vnto thee, that after the way which they call heresie, so worship I the God of my fathers, beleeuing all things which are written in the Law and the Prophets,

15 And haue hope towards God, which they themselues also allow, that there shall be a resurrection of the dead, both of the iust and vniust.

16 And herein doe I exercise my selfe to haue alwayes a conscience void of offence toward God, and toward men.

17 Now after many yeeres, I came to bring almes to my nation, & offrings:

18 Wherupon certaine Iewes from Asia found me purified in the Temple, neither with multitude, nor with tumult:

19 Who ought to haue beene here before thee, and obiect, if they had ought against me.

20 Or else let these same here say, if they haue found any euill doing in mee, while I stood before the Councill,

21 Except it be for this one voice, that I cried standing among them, Touching the resurrection of the dead I am called in question by you this day.

22 And when Felix heard these things, hauing more perfect knowledge of that way, he deferred them and said, When Lysias the chiefe captaine shall come downe, I will know the vttermost of your matter.

23 And he commanded a Centurion to keepe Paul, and to let him haue libertie, and that he should forbid none of his acquaintance to minister, or come vnto him.

24 And after certaine dayes, when Felix came with his wife Orusilla, which was a Iew, he sent for Paul, and heard him cōcerning the faith in Christ.

25 And as he reasoned of righteousnesse, temperance, and iudgement to come, Felix trembled and answered, Go thy way for this time, when I haue a conuenient season, I will call for thee.

26 He hoped also that money should haue bene giuen him of Paul, that hee might loose him: wherefore hee sent for him the oftner, and cōmuned with him.

27 But after two yeeres, Portius Festus came into Felix roome: and Felix willing to shew the Iewes a pleasure, left Paul bound.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2018 12:44 pm
Acts
Chapter 25

1 Nowe when Festus was come into the prouince, after three dayes he ascended frō Cesarea to Hierusalem.

2 Then the high Priest, and the chiefe of the Iewes informed him against Paul, and besought him,

3 And desired fauour against him, that he would send for him to Hierusalem, laying wait in the way to kill him.

4 But Festus answered, that Paul should be kept at Cesarea, and that hee himselfe would depart shortly thither.

5 Let them therefore, said he, which among you are able, go downe with me, and accuse this man, if there be any wickednesse in him.

6 And when hee had taried among them more then ten dayes, hee went downe vnto Cesarea, and the next day sitting in the iudgement seat, commanded Paul to be brought.

7 And when hee was come, the Iewes which came downe from Hierusalem, stood round about, and laide many and grieuous complaints against Paul, which they could not proue,

8 While hee answered for himselfe, Neither against the law of the Iewes, neither against the Temple, nor yet against Cesar, haue I offended any thing at all.

9 But Festus willing to doe the Iewes a pleasure, answered Paul, and said, Wilt thou goe vp to Hierusalem, and there be iudged of these things before me?

10 Then said Paul, I stand at Cesars iudgement seat, where I ought to bee iudged; to the Iewes haue I done no wrong, as thou very well knowest.

11 For if I be an offender, or haue committed any thing worthy of death, I refuse not to die: but if there be none of these things whereof these accuse me, no man may deliuer me vnto them. I appeale vnto Cesar.

12 Then Festus when he had conferred with the Councill, answered, Hast thou appealed vnto Cesar? vnto Cesar shalt thou goe.

13 And after certaine dayes, king Agrippa and Bernice, came vnto Cesarea, to salute Festus.

14 And when they had beene there many dayes, Festus declared Pauls cause vnto the king, saying, There is a certaine man left in bonds by Felix:

15 About whom when I was at Hierusalem, the chiefe Priests and the Elders of the Iewes enformed me, desiring to haue iudgement against him.

16 To whom I answered, It is not the maner of the Romanes to deliuer any man to die, before that he which is accused, haue the accusers face to face, and haue licence to answere for himselfe concerning the crime laid against him.

17 Therefore when they were come hither, without any delay, on the morrow I sate on the iudgement seate, and cōmanded the man to be brought forth.

18 Against whom when the accusers stood vp, they brought none accusation of such things as I supposed:

19 But had certaine questions against him of their owne superstition, and of one Iesus, which was dead, whom Paul affirmed to be aliue.

20 And because I doubted of such maner of questions, I asked him whether he would goe to Hierusalem, and there be iudged of these matters.

21 But when Paul had appealed to bee reserued vnto the hearing of Augustus, I commanded him to be kept, till I might send him to Cesar.

22 Then Agrippa said vnto Festus, I would also heare the man my selfe. To morrow, said he, thou shalt heare him.

23 And on the morrow when Agrippa was come and Bernice, with great pompe, and was entred into the place of hearing, with the chiefe captaines, and principall men of the citie; at Festus commaundement Paul was brought foorth.

24 And Festus said, King Agrippa, and all men which are heere present with vs, ye see this man, about whom all the multitude of the Iewes haue dealt with me, both at Hierusalem, and also heere, crying that he ought not to liue any longer.

25 But when I found that he had committed nothing worthy of death, and that he himselfe hath appealed to Augustus, I haue determined to send him.

26 Of whom I haue no certaine thing to write vnto my Lord: Wherefore I haue brought him foorth before you, and specially before thee, O king Agrippa, that after examination had, I might haue somewhat to write.

27 For it seemeth to me vnreasonable, to send a prisoner, and not withall to signifie the crimes laid against him.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2018 10:19 am
Acts
Chapter 26

1 Then Agrippa said vnto Paul, Thou art permitted to speake for thy selfe. Then Paul stretched foorth the hand, and answered for himselfe,

2 I thinke my selfe happy, king Agrippa, because I shall answere for my selfe this day before thee touching all the things whereof I am accused of the Iewes:

3 Especially, because I know thee to be expert in all customes and questions which are among the Iewes: wherefore I beseech thee to heare mee patiently.

4 My maner of life from my youth, which was at the first among mine owne nation at Hierusalem, know all the Iewes,

5 Which knew me from the beginning, (if they would testifie) that after the most straitest sect of our religion, I liued a Pharisee.

6 And now I stand, and am iudged for the hope of the promise made of God vnto our fathers:

7 Vnto which promise our twelue tribes instantly seruing God day and night, hope to come: For which hopes sake, King Agrippa, I am accused of the Iewes.

8 Why should it be thought a thing incredible with you, that God should raise the dead?

9 I verily thought with my selfe, that I ought to doe many things contrary to the name of Iesus of Nazareth:

10 Which thing I also did in Hierusalem, and many of the Saints did I shut vp in prison, hauing receiued authoritie from the chiefe Priests, and when they were put to death, I gaue my voyce against them.

11 And I punished them oft in euery Synagogue, and compelled them to blaspheme, and being exceedingly mad against them, I persecuted them euen vnto strange cities.

12 Whereupon, as I went to Damascus, with authoritie and commission from the chiefe Priests:

13 At midday, O king, I saw in the way a light from heauen, aboue the brightnes of the Sunne, shining round about mee, and them which iourneyed with me.

14 And when wee were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking vnto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? It is hard for thee to kicke against the prickes.

15 And I said, Who art thou, Lord? And hee said, I am Iesus whom thou persecutest.

16 But rise, and stand vpon thy feete, for I haue appeared vnto thee for this purpose, to make thee a minister and a witnesse, both of these things which thou hast seene, & of those things in the which I will appeare vnto thee,

17 Deliuering thee from the people, and from the Gentiles, vnto whom now I send thee,

18 To open their eyes, and to turne them from darknesse to light, and from the power of Satan vnto God, that they may receiue forgiuenesse of sinnes, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.

19 Whereupon, O king Agrippa, I was not disobedient vnto the heauenly vision:

20 But shewed first vnto them of Damascus, and at Hierusalem, and thorowout all the coasts of Iudea, and then to the Gentiles, that they should repent and turne to God, and do works meete for repentance.

21 For these causes the Iewes caught mee in the Temple, and went about to kill me.

22 Hauing therefore obteined helpe of God, I continue vnto this day, witnessing both to small and great, saying none other things then those which the Prophets and Moses did say should come:

23 That Christ should suffer, and that hee should be the first that should rise from the dead, & should shew light vnto the people, and to the Gentiles.

24 And as hee thus spake for himselfe, Festus saide with a lowd voyce, Paul, thou art beside thy selfe, much learning doeth make thee mad.

25 But he said, I am not mad, most noble Festus, but speake foorth the words of trueth and sobernesse.

26 For the King knoweth of these things, before whom also I speake freely: for I am perswaded, that none of these things are hidden from him, for this thing was not done in a corner.

27 King Agrippa, beleeuest thou the Prophets? I know that thou beleeuest.

28 Then Agrippa saide vnto Paul, Almost thou perswadest mee to bee a Christian.

29 And Paul said, I would to God, that not onely thou, but also all that heare mee this day, were both almost, and altogether such as I am, except these bonds.

30 And when hee had thus spoken, the king rose vp, and the gouernour, and Bernice, & they that sate with them.

31 And when they were gone aside, they talked betweene themselues, saying, This man doeth nothing worthy of death, or of bonds.

32 Then said Agrippa vnto Festus, This man might haue bene set at libertie, if he had not appealed vnto Cesar.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:44 pm
Acts
Chapter 27

1 And when it was determined, that wee should saile into Italy, they deliuered Paul, & certaine other prisoners, vnto one named Iulius, a centurion of Augustus band.

2 And entring into a ship of Adramyttium, wee lanched, meaning to saile by the coasts of Asia, one Aristarchus a Macedonian, of Thessalonica, beeing with vs.

3 And the next day wee touched at Sidon: And Iulius courteously entreated Paul, and gaue him libertie to goe vnto his friends to refresh himselfe.

4 And when we had lanched from thence, we sailed vnder Cyprus, because the winds were contrary.

5 And when we had sailed ouer the sea of Cilicia and Pamphylia, wee came to Myra a citie of Lysia.

6 And there the Centurion found a ship of Alexandria sailing into Italy, and he put vs therein.

7 And when wee had sailed slowly many dayes, and scarse were come ouer against Gnidus, the wind not suffering vs, wee sailed vnder Creete, ouer against Salmone,

8 And hardly passing it, came vnto a place which is called the Faire hauens, nigh whereunto was the citie of Lasea.

9 Now when much time was spent, and when sailing was now dangerous, because the Fast was now alreadie past, Paul admonished them,

10 And said vnto them, Sirs, I perceiue that this voyage will be with hurt and much damage, not onely of the lading & ship, but also of our liues.

11 Neuerthelesse, the Centurion beleeued the master and the owner of the shippe, more then those things which were spoken by Paul.

12 And because the hauen was not commodious to winter in, the more part aduised to depart thence also, if by any meanes they might attaine to Phenice, and there to winter; which is an hauen of Creete, and lieth toward the Southwest, and Northwest.

13 And when the South wind blew softly, supposing that they had obtained their purpose, loosing thence, they sailed close by Creete.

14 But not long after, there arose against it a tempestuous winde, called Euroclydon.

15 And when the ship was caught, and could not beare vp into the winde, we let her driue.

16 And running vnder a certaine yland, which is called Clauda, wee had much worke to come by the boate:

17 Which when they had taken vp, they vsed helps, vnder-girding the ship; and fearing lest they should fall into the quicke-sands, strake saile, and so were driuen.

18 And being exceedingly tossed with a tempest the next day, they lightened the ship:

19 And the third day we cast out with our owne handes the tackling of the shippe.

20 And when neither Sunne nor starres in many dayes appeared, and no small tempest lay on vs; all hope that wee should be saued, was then taken away.

21 But after long abstinence, Paul stood foorth in the middes of them, and said, Sirs, yee should haue hearkened vnto mee, and not haue loosed from Creete, and to haue gained this harme and losse.

22 And now I exhort you to be of good cheere: for there shall be no losse of any mans life among you, but of the shippe.

23 For there stood by me this night the Angel of God, whose I am, and whom I serue,

24 Saying, Feare not Paul, thou must be brought before Cesar, and loe, God hath giuen thee all them that saile with thee.

25 Wherefore, sirs, be of good cheere: for I beleeue God, that it shall be euen as it was tolde me.

26 Howbeit, we must be cast vpon a certaine Iland.

27 But when the fourteenth night was come, as wee were driuen vp and downe in Adria about midnight, the shipmen deemed that they drew neere to some countrey:

28 And sounded, and found it twentie fathoms: and when they had gone a little further, they sounded againe, and found it fifteene fathoms.

29 Then fearing lest we should haue fallen vpon rockes, they cast foure ancres out of the sterne, and wished for the day.

30 And as the shipmen were about to flee out of the ship, when they had let downe the boat into the sea, vnder colour as though they would haue cast ancres out of the fore-ship,

31 Paul said to the Centurion, and to the souldiers, Except these abide in the ship, ye cannot be saued.

32 Then the souldiers cut off the ropes of the boat, and let her fall off.

33 And while the day was comming on, Paul besought them all to take meat, saying, This day is the fourteenth day that ye haue taried, and continued fasting, hauing taken nothing.

34 Wherefore, I pray you to take some meat, for this is for your health: for there shall not an haire fall from the head of any of you.

35 And when hee had thus spoken, hee tooke bread, and gaue thankes to God in presence of them all, and when he had broken it, he began to eate.

36 Then were they all of good cheere, and they also tooke some meat.

37 And we were in all, in the ship, two hundred, threescore and sixteene soules.

38 And when they had eaten enough, they lightened the ship, and cast out the wheat into the sea.

39 And when it was day, they knew not the land: but they discouered a certaine creek, with a shore, into the which they were minded, if it were possible, to thrust in the ship.

40 And when they had taken vp the ankers, they committed themselues vnto the sea, & loosed the rudder bands, and hoised vp the maine saile to the winde, and made toward shore.

41 And falling into a place where two seas met, they ranne the shippe a ground, and the forepart stucke fast, and remained vnmoueable, but the hinder part was broken with the violence of the waues.

42 And the souldiers counsel was to kil the prisoners, lest any of them should swimme out, and escape.

43 But the Centurion, willing to saue Paul, kept them from their purpose, and commanded that they which could swimme, should cast themselues first into the sea, and get to land:

44 And the rest, some on boords, and some on broken pieces of the ship: and so it came to passe that they escaped all safe to land.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2018 2:50 pm
Acts
Chapter 28

1 And when they were escaped, then they knew that the Iland was called Melita.

2 And the barbarous people shewed vs no little kindnesse: for they kindled a fire, and receiued vs euery one because of the present raine, and because of the cold.

3 And when Paul had gathered a bundle of stickes, and layde them on the fire, there came a Uiper out of the heat, and fastened on his hand.

4 And when the Barbarians saw the venomous beast hang on his hand, they saide among themselues, No doubt this man is a murtherer, whom though hee hath escaped the Sea, yet Uengeance suffereth not to liue.

5 And hee shooke off the beast into the fire, and felt no harme.

6 Howbeit, they looked when hee should haue swollen, or fallen downe dead suddenly: but after they had looked a great while, and saw no harme come to him, they changed their minds, and said that he was a God.

7 In the same quarters were possessions of the chiefe man of the Iland, whose name was Publius, who receiued vs, and lodged vs three dayes courteously.

8 And it came to passe that the father of Publius lay sicke of a feuer, and of a bloody-flixe, to whom Paul entred in, and prayed, and layed his hands on him, and healed him.

9 So when this was done, others also which had diseases in the Iland, came, and were healed:

10 Who also honoured vs with many honours, and when wee departed, they laded vs with such things as were necessary.

11 And after three moneths wee departed in a ship of Alexandria, which had wintered in the Ile, whose signe was Castor and Pollux.

12 And landing at Syracuse wee taried there three dayes.

13 And from thence wee fet a compasse, and came to Rhegium, and after one day the South winde blew, and we came the next day to Puteoli:

14 Where wee found brethren, and were desired to tary with them seuen dayes: and so we went toward Rome.

15 And from thence, when the brethren heard of vs, they came to meet vs as farre as Appii forum, and the three Tauernes: whom when Paul saw, he thanked God, and tooke courage.

16 And when we came to Rome, the Centurion deliuered the prisoners to the Captaine of the guard: but Paul was suffered to dwell by himselfe, with a souldier that kept him.

17 And it came to passe, that after three dayes, Paul called the chiefe of the Iewes together. And when they were come together, he said vnto them, Men and brethren, though I haue committed nothing against the people, or customes of our fathers, yet was I deliuered prisoner from Hierusalem into the hands of the Romanes.

18 Who when they had examined me, would haue let me goe, because there was no cause of death in me.

19 But when the Iewes spake against it, I was constrained to appeale vnto Cesar, not that I had ought to accuse my nation of.

20 For this cause therefore haue I called for you, to see you, and to speake with you: because that for the hope of Israel I am bound with this chaine.

21 And they saide vnto him, Wee neither receiued letters out of Iudea concerning thee, neither any of the brethren that came, shewed or spake any harme of thee.

22 But we desire to heare of thee what thou thinkest: for as concerning this sect, we know that euery where it is spoken against.

23 And when they had appointed him a day, there came many to him into his lodging, to whom he expounded and testified the kingdome of God, perswading them concerning Iesus, both out of the law of Moses, and out of the Prophets, from morning till euening.

24 And some beleeued the things which were spoken, and some beleeued not.

25 And when they agreed not among themselues, they departed, after that Paul had spoken one word, Well spake the holy Ghost by Esaias the Prophet, vnto our fathers,

26 Saying, Goe vnto this people, and say, Hearing ye shall heare, and shall not vnderstand, and seeing ye shall see, and not perceiue.

27 For the heart of this people is waxed grosse, and their eares are dull of hearing, and their eyes haue they closed, lest they should with their eyes, and heare with their eares, and vnderstand with their heart, and should bee conuerted, and I should heale them.

28 Be it knowen therfore vnto you, that the saluation of God is sent vnto the Gentiles, and that they wil heare it.

29 And when hee had saide these words, the Iewes departed, and had great reasoning among themselues.

30 And Paul dwelt two whole yeeres in his owne hired house, and receiued all that came in vnto him,

31 Preaching the kingdome of God, and teaching those things which concerne the Lord Iesus Christ, with all confidence, no man forbidding him.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2019 12:29 pm
Romans
Chapter 1
Viewing the original 1611 KJV,

1 Paul a seruant of Iesus Christ, called to bee an Apostle, separated vnto the Gospel of God,

2 (Which he had promised afore by his Prophets in the holy Scriptures,)

3 Concerning his Sonne Iesus Christ our Lord, which was made of the seed of Dauid according to the flesh,

4 And declared to be the Sonne of God, with power, according to the Spirit of holinesse, by the resurrection from the dead.

5 By whom we haue receiued grace and Apostleship for obedience to the faith among all nations for his Name,

6 Among whom are ye also the called of Iesus Christ.

7 To all that be in Rome, beloued of God, called to be Saints: Grace to you and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Iesus Christ.

8 First I thanke my God through Iesus Christ for you all, that your faith is spoken of throughout the whole world.

9 For God is my witnesse, whom I serue with my spirit in the Gospel of his Sonne, that without ceasing I make mention of you, alwayes in my prayers,

10 Making request, (if by any meanes now at length I might haue a prosperous iourney by the will of God) to come vnto you.

11 For I long to see you, that I may impart vnto you some spirituall gift, to the end you may be established,

12 That is, that I may be comforted together with you, by the mutual faith both of you and me.

13 Now I would not haue you ignorant, brethren, that oftentimes I purposed to come vnto you, (but was let hitherto) that I might haue some fruit among you also, euen as among other Gentiles.

14 I am debter both to the Greeks, and to the Barbarians, both to the wise, and to the vnwise.

15 So, as much as in mee is, I am ready to preach the Gospel to you that are at Rome also.

16 For I am not ashamed of the Gopel of Christ: for it is the power of God vnto saluation, to euery one that beleeueth, to the Iew first, and also to the Greeke.

17 For therein is the righteousnesse of God reueiled from faith to faith: as it is written, The iust shall liue by faith.

18 For the wrath of God is reueiled from heauen against all vngodlinesse, and vnrighteousnesse of men, who hold the trueth in vnrighteousnesse.

19 Because that which may bee knowen of God, is manifest in them, for God hath shewed it vnto them.

20 For the inuisible things of him from the Creation of the world, are clearely seene, being vnderstood by the things that are made, euen his eternall Power and Godhead, so that they are without excuse:

21 Because that when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankefull, but became vaine in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened:

22 Professing themselues to be wise, they became fooles:

23 And changed the glory of the vncorruptible God, into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birdes, and foure footed beasts, and creeping things:

24 Wherefore God also gaue them vp to vncleannesse, through the lusts of their owne hearts, to dishonour their owne bodies betweene themselues:

25 Who changed the trueth of God into a lye, and worshipped and serued the creature more then the Creatour, who is blessed for euer. Amen.

26 For this cause God gaue them vp vnto vile affections: for euen their women did change the naturall vse into that which is against nature:

27 And likewise also the men, leauing the naturall vse of the woman, burned in their lust one towards another, men with men working that which is vnseemely, and receiuing in themselues that recompense of their errour which was meet.

28 And euen as they did not like to retaine God in their knowledge, God gaue them ouer to a reprobate minde, to doe those things which are not conuenient:

29 Being filled with all vnrighteousnes, fornication, wickednesse, couetousnes, maliciousnes, full of enuie, murther, debate, deceit, malignitie, whisperers,

30 Backbiters, haters of God, despitefull, proude, boasters, inuenters of euill things, disobedient to parents;

31 Without vnderstanding, couenant breakers, without naturall affection, implacable, vnmercifull;

32 Who knowing the iudgement of God, (that they which commit such things, are worthy of death) not onely do the same, but haue pleasure in them that doe them.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2019 11:12 am
Romans
Chapter 2

1 Therefore, thou art inexcusable, O man, whosoeuer thou art that iudgest: for wherein thou iudgest another, thou condemnest thy selfe, for thou that iudgest doest the same things.

2 But wee are sure that the iudgement of God is according to trueth, against them which commit such things.

3 And thinkest thou this, O man, that iudgest them which doe such things, and doest the same, that thou shalt escape the iudgement of God?

4 Or despisest thou the riches of his goodnesse, and forbearance, and long suffering, not knowing that the goodnes of God leadeth thee to repentance?

5 But after thy hardnesse, and impenitent heart, treasurest vp vnto thy selfe wrath, against the day of wrath, and reuelation of the righteous iudgement of God:

6 Who will render to euery man according to his deedes:

7 To them, who by patient continuance in well doing, seeke for glorie, and honour, and immortalitie, eternall life:

8 But vnto them that are contentious, & doe not obey the trueth, but obey vnrighteousnes, indignation, & wrath,

9 Tribulation, and anguish vpon euery soule of man that doeth euill, of the Iew first, and also of the Gentile.

10 But glory, honour, and peace, to euery man that worketh good, to the Iew first, and also to the Gentile.

11 For there is no respect of persons with God.

12 For as many as haue sinned without Law, shall also perish without Law: and as many as haue sinned in the Law, shalbe iudged by the Law.

13 (For not the hearers of the Law are iust before God, but the doers of the Law shalbe iustified;

14 For when the Gentiles which haue not the Law, doe by nature the things contained in the Law: these hauing not the Law, are a Law vnto themselues,

15 Which shew the worke of the Law written in their hearts, their conscience also bearing witnesse, and their thoughts the meane while accusing, or else excusing one another:

16 In the day when God shall iudge the secrets of men by Iesus Christ, according to my Gospel.

17 Behold, thou art called a Iew, and restest in the Law, and makest thy boast of God:

18 And knowest his will, and approuest the things that are more excellent, being instructed out of the Law,

19 And art confident that thou thy selfe art a guide of the blinde, a light of them which are in darkenesse:

20 An instructour of the foolish, a teacher of babes: which hast the forme of knowledge and of the trueth in the Law:

21 Thou therefore which teachest another, teachest thou not thy selfe? thou that preachest a man should not steale, doest thou steale?

22 Thou that sayest a man should not commit adulterie, doest thou commit adulterie? thou that abhorrest idols, doest thou commit sacriledge?

23 Thou that makest thy boast of the Law, through breaking the Law dishonourest thou God?

24 For the Name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles, through you, as it is written:

25 For Circumcision verily profiteth if thou keepe the Law: but if thou be a breaker of the Law, thy Circumcision is made vncircumcision.

26 Therefore, if the vncircumcision keepe the righteousnesse of the Law, shall not his vncircumcision be counted for Circumcision?

27 And shall not vncircumcision which is by nature, if it fulfill the Law, iudge thee, who by the letter, and Circumcision, doest transgresse the Law?

28 For hee is not a Iew, which is one outwardly, neither is that Circumcision, which is outward in the flesh:

29 But he is a Iew which is one inwardly, and Circumcision is, that of the heart, in the spirit, and not in the letter, whose praise is not of men, but of God.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2019 4:01 pm
Romans
Chapter 3

1 What aduantage then hath the Iew? or what profit is there of Circumcision?

2 Much euery way: chiefly, because that vnto them were committed the Oracles of God.

3 For what if some did not beleeue? shall their vnbeliefe make the faith of God without effect?

4 God forbid: yea, let God be true, but euery man a lier, as it is written, That thou mightest be iustified in thy sayings, and mightest ouercome when thou art iudged.

5 But if our vnrighteousnesse commend the righteousnesse of God, what shall we say? is God vnrighteous who taketh vengeance? (I speake as a man)

6 God forbid: for then how shall God iudge the world?

7 For if the trueth of God hath more abounded through my lye vnto his glory; why yet am I also iudged as a sinner?

8 And not rather as wee be slanderously reported, and as some affirme that we say, Let vs doe euill, that good may come: whose damnation is iust.

9 What then? are wee better then they? No in no wise: for we haue before proued both Iewes, and Gentiles, that they are all vnder sinne,

10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no not one:

11 There is none that vnderstandeth, there is none that seeketh after God.

12 They are all gone out of the way, they are together become vnprofitable, there is none that doeth good, no not one.

13 Their throat is an open sepulchre, with their tongues they haue vsed deceit, the poyson of Aspes is vnder their lippes:

14 Whose mouth is full of cursing and bitternesse:

15 Their feet are swift to shed blood.

16 Destruction & misery are in their wayes:

17 And the way of peace haue they not knowen.

18 There is no feare of God before their eyes.

19 Now we know that what things soeuer the Law saith, it saith to them who are vnder the Law: that euery mouth may bee stopped, and all the world may become guilty before God.

20 Therefore by the deedes of the Law, there shall no flesh be iustified in his sight: for by the Law is the knowledge of sinne.

21 But nowe the righteousnesse of God without the Lawe is manifested, being witnessed by the Lawe and the Prophets.

22 Euen the righteousnesse of God, which is by faith of Iesus Christ vnto all, and vpon all them that beleeue: for there is no difference:

23 For all haue sinned, and come short of the glory of God,

24 Being iustified freely by his grace, through the redemption that is in Iesus Christ:

25 Whom God hath set forth to bee a propitiation, through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousnesse for the remission of sinnes, that are past, through the forbearance of God.

26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousnesse: that hee might bee iust, and the iustifier of him which beleeueth in Iesus.

27 Where is boasting then? It is excluded. By what Law? Of works? Nay: but by the Law of faith.

28 Therefore wee conclude, that a man is iustified by faith, without the deeds of the Law.

29 Is he the God of the Iewes only? Is he not also of the Gentiles? Yes, of the Gentiles also:

30 Seeing it is one God which shal iustifie the circumcision by faith, and vncircumcision through faith.

31 Doe we then make void the lawe through faith? God forbid: yea, we establish the Law.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 68 69 70 71 72 73 ... 77 78 79 80 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games