Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2019 3:35 pm
Galatians
Chapter 4
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Now I say, that the heire, as long as hee is a child, differeth nothing from a seruant, though hee bee Lord of all,

2 But is vnder tutors and gouernours vntill the time appointed of the father.

3 Euen so we, when wee were children, were in bondage vnder the Elements of the world:

4 But when the fulnes of the time was come, God sent foorth his Sonne made of a woman, made vnder the Law,

5 To redeeme them that were vnder the Law, that we might receiue the adoption of sonnes.

6 And because yee are sonnes, God hath sent foorth the spirit of his Sonne into your hearts, crying Abba, Father.

7 Wherefore thou art no more a seruant, but a sonne; and if a sonne, then an heire of God through Christ.

8 Howbeit, then when ye knew not God, yee did seruice vnto them which by nature are no Gods.

9 But now after that yee haue knowen God, or rather are knowen of God, how turne ye againe to the weak and beggerly Elements, whereunto ye desire againe to be in bondage?

10 Yee obserue dayes, and moneths, and times, and yeeres.

11 I am afraide of you, lest I haue bestowed vpon you labour in vaine.

12 Brethren, I beseech you, be as I am; for I am as ye are, ye haue not iniured me at all.

13 Ye know how through infirmitie of the flesh, I preached the Gospel vnto you at the first.

14 And my temptation which was in my flesh ye despised not, nor reiected, but receiued mee as an Angel of God, euen as Christ Iesus.

15 Where is then the blessednes you spake of? for I beare you record, that if it had bin possible, ye would haue plucked out your own eyes, and haue giuen them to me.

16 Am I therefore become your enemie, because I tell you the trueth?

17 They zelously affect you, but not well: yea, they would exclude you, that you might affect them.

18 But it is good to bee zealously affected alwayes in a good thing, and not onely when I am present with you.

19 My litle children, of whom I trauaile in birth againe, vntill Christ bee formed in you:

20 I desire to bee present with you now, and to change my voyce, for I stand in doubt of you.

21 Tell me, ye that desire to be vnder the Law, doe ye not heare the Law?

22 For it is written, that Abraham had two sonnes, the one by a bondmaid, the other by a freewoman.

23 But he who was of the bondwoman, was borne after the flesh: but hee of the freewoman, was by promise.

24 Which things are an Allegorie; for these are the two Couenants; the one from the mount Sinai, which gendereth to bondage, which is Agar.

25 For this Agar is mount Sinai in Arabia, and answereth to Ierusalem, which now is, and is in bondage with her children.

26 But Ierusalem which is aboue is free, which is the mother of vs all.

27 For it is written, Reioyce thou barren that bearest not, breake foorth and cry thou that traueilest not; for the desolate hath many moe children then she which hath an husband.

28 Now wee, brethren, as Isaac was, are the children of promise.

29 But as then hee that was borne after the flesh, persecuted him that was borne after the Spirit, euen so it is now.

30 Neuerthelesse, what saith the Scripture? Cast out the bondwoman and her sonne: for the son of the bondwoman shall not bee heire with the son of the freewoman.

31 So then, brethren, we are not children of the bondwoman, but of the free.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 1:49 pm
Galatians
Chapter 5

1 Stand fast therefore in the libertie wherewith Christ hath made vs free, and bee not intangled againe with the yoke of bondage.

2 Beholde, I Paul say vnto you that if ye be circumcised, Christ shal profite you nothing.

3 For I testifie againe to euery man that is circumcised, that he is a debtor to doe the whole Law.

4 Christ is become of no effect vnto you, whosoeuer of you are iustified by the Law: ye are fallen from grace.

5 For we through the spirit waite for the hope of righteousnesse by faith.

6 For in Iesus Christ, neither circumcision auaileth any thing, nor vncircumcision, but faith which worketh by loue.

7 Ye did run well; who did hinder you, that ye should not obey the trueth?

8 This perswasion commeth not of him that calleth you.

9 A little leauen leaueneth the whole lumpe.

10 I haue confidence in you through the Lord, that you will be none otherwise minded; but he that troubleth you, shall beare his iudgement, whosoeuer hee be.

11 And I, brethren, if I yet preach circumcision, why doe I yet suffer persecution? then is the offence of the crosse ceased.

12 I would they were euen cut off which trouble you.

13 For brethren, ye haue beene called vnto liberty, onely vse not libertie for an occasion to the flesh, but by loue serue one another.

14 For all the Law is fulfilled in one word, euen in this: Thou shalt loue thy neighbour as thy selfe.

15 But if yee bite and deuoure one another, take heed ye be not consumed one of another.

16 This I say then, Walke in the spirit, and ye shall not fulfill the lust of the flesh.

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that yee cannot doe the things that yee would.

18 But if yee be lead of the spirit, yee are not vnder the Law.

19 Nowe the workes of the flesh are manifest, which are these, adulterie, fornication, vncleannesse, lasciuiousnesse,

20 Idolatrie, witchcraft, hatred, variance, emulations, wrath, strife, seditions, heresies,

21 Enuyings, murthers, drunkennesse, reuellings, and such like: of the which I tell you before, as I haue also tolde you in time past, that they which do such things shall not inherite the kingdome of God.

22 But the fruit of the spirit is loue, ioy, peace, long suffering, gentlenesse, goodnesse, faith,

23 Meekenesse, temperance: against such there is no law.

24 And they that are Christs, haue crucified the flesh with the affections and lustes.

25 If we liue in the Spirit, let vs also walke in the Spirit.

26 Let vs not be desirous of vaine glory, prouoking one another, enuying one another.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2019 3:29 pm
Galatians
Chapter 6

1 Brethren, if a man bee ouertaken in a fault: yee which are spirituall, restore such a one in the spirit of meeknesse, considering thy selfe least thou also be tempted.

2 Beare ye one anothers burthens, and so fulfill the Law of Christ.

3 For if a man thinke himselfe to be something, when he is nothing, hee deceiueth himselfe.

4 But let euery man prooue his owne worke, and then shall he haue reioycing in him selfe alone, and not in an other.

5 For euery man shall beare his owne burthen.

6 Let him that is taught in the word, communicate vnto him that teacheth, in all good things.

7 Be not deceiued, God is not mocked: for whatsoeuer a man soweth, that shall he also reape.

8 For hee that soweth to his flesh, shall of the flesh reape corruption: but he that soweth to the spirit, shall of the spirit reape life euerlasting.

9 And let vs not bee weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reape, if we faint not.

10 As we haue therefore opportunitie, let vs doe good vnto all men, especially vnto them who are of the household of faith.

11 Ye see how large a letter I haue written vnto you with mine owne hand.

12 As many as desire to make a faire shew in the flesh, they constraine you to be Circumcised: onely least they should suffer persecution for the Crosse of Christ.

13 For neither they themselues who are circumcised, keepe the Law, but desire to haue you circumcised, that they may glory in your flesh.

14 But God forbid that I should glory, saue in the Crosse of our Lord Iesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified vnto me, & I vnto the world.

15 For in Christ Iesus neither circumcision auaileth any thing nor vncircumcision, but a new creature.

16 And as many as walke according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercie, and vpon the Israel of God.

17 From henceforth let no man trouble mee, for I beare in my body the markes of the Lord Iesus.

18 Brethren, the grace of our Lord Iesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen. Unto the Galatians, written from Rome.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2019 4:15 pm
Ephesians
Chapter 1

1 Paul an Apostle of Iesus Christ by the will of God, to the Saincts which are at Ephesus, and to the faithfull in Christ Iesus.

2 Grace be to you, and peace from God our Father, and from the Lord Iesus Christ.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Iesus Christ, who hath blessed vs with all spirituall blessings in heauenly places in Christ:

4 According as he hath chosen vs in him, before the foundation of the world, that wee should bee holy, and without blame before him in loue:

5 Hauing predestinated vs vnto the adoption of children by Iesus Christ to himselfe, according to the good pleasure of his will:

6 To the praise of the glorie of his grace, wherein he hath made vs accepted in the beloued:

7 In whom wee haue redemption through his blood, the forgiuenesse of sinnes, according to the riches of his grace,

8 Wherein hee hath abounded toward vs in all wisedome and prudence:

9 Hauing made knowen vnto vs the mysterie of his will, according to his good pleasure, which he had purposed in himselfe,

10 That in the dispensation of the fulnesse of times, he might gather together in one all things in Christ, both which are in heauen, and which are on earth, euen in him:

11 In whom also we haue obteined an inheritance, being predestinated according to the purpose of him who worketh all things after the counsell of his owne will:

12 That we should be to the praise of his glorie, who first trusted in Christ.

13 In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the word of trueth, the Gospel of your saluation: in whom also after that yee beleeued, yee were sealed with that holy Spirit of promise,

14 Which is the earnest of our inheritance, vntill the redemption of the purchased possession, vnto the praise of his glorie.

15 Wherefore I also, after I heard of your faith in the Lord Iesus, and loue vnto all the Saints,

16 Cease not to giue thankes for you, making mention of you in my prayers,

17 That the God of our Lord Iesus Christ the Father of glorie, may giue vnto you the Spirit of wisedome and reuelation in the knowledge of him:

18 The eyes of your vnderstanding being inlightned: that yee may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glorie of his inheritance in the Saints:

19 And what is the exceeding greatnesse of his power to vs-ward who beleeue, according to the working of his mightie power:

20 Which he wrought in Christ when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his owne right hand in the heauenly places,

21 Farre aboue all principalitie, and power, and might, and dominion, and euery name that is named, not onely in this world, but also in that which is to come:

22 And hath put all things vnder his feete, and gaue him to be the head ouer all things to the Church,

23 Which is his body, the fulnesse of him that filleth all in all.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2019 4:46 pm
Ephesians
Chapter 2

1 And you hath hee quickned who were dead in trespasses, and sinnes,

2 Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the aire, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience,

3 Among whom also we all had our conuersation in times past, in the lusts of our flesh, fulfilling the desires of the flesh, and of the minde, and were by nature the children of wrath, euen as others:

4 But God who is rich in mercie, for his great loue wherewith hee loued vs,

5 Euen when wee were dead in sinnes, hath quickned vs together with Christ, (by grace ye are saued)

6 And hath raised vs vp together, and made vs sit together in heauenly places in Christ Iesus:

7 That in the ages to come, hee might shew the exceeding riches of his grace, in his kindenesse towards vs, through Christ Iesus.

8 For by grace are ye saued, through faith, and that not of your selues: it is the gift of God:

9 Not of workes, lest any man should boast.

10 For wee are his workemanship, created in Christ Iesus vnto good workes, which God hath before ordeined, that we should walke in them.

11 Wherefore remember that ye being in time passed Gentiles in the flesh, who are called vncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands,

12 That at that time yee were without Christ, being aliens from the common wealth of Israel, and strangers from the couenants of promise, hauing no hope, & without God in the world.

13 But now in Christ Iesus, ye who sometimes were far off, are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

14 For hee is our peace, who hath made both one, and hath broken downe the middle wall of partition betweene vs:

15 Hauing abolished in his flesh the enmitie, euen the Lawe of Commandements conteined in Ordinances, for to make in himselfe, of twaine, one newe man, so making peace.

16 And that he might reconcile both vnto God in one body by the crosse, hauing slaine the enmitie thereby,

17 And came, and preached peace to you, which were afarre off, and to them that were nigh.

18 For through him wee both haue an accesse by one Spirit vnto the Father.

19 Now therefore yee are no more strangers and forreiners; but fellow citizens with the Saints, and of the houshold of God,

20 And are built vpon the foundation of the Apostles and Prophets, Iesus Christ himselfe being the chiefe corner stone,

21 In whom all the building fitly framed together, groweth vnto an holy Temple in the Lord:

22 In whom you also are builded together for an habitation of God thorow the Spirit.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2019 4:03 pm
Ephesians
Chapter 3

1 For this cause I Paul, the prisoner of Iesus Christ for you Gentiles,

2 If ye haue heard of the dispensation of the grace of God, which is giuen me to youward:

3 How that by reuelation hee made knowen vnto me the mysterie, (as I wrote afore in few words,

4 Whereby when ye reade, ye may vnderstand my knowledge in the mysterie of Christ.)

5 Which in other ages was not made knowen vnto the sonnes of men, as it is now reueiled vnto his holy Apostles and Prophets by the Spirit,

6 That the Gentiles should be fellow heires, and of the same body, and partakers of his promise in Christ, by the Gospel:

7 Whereof I was made a Minister, according to the gift of the grace of God giuen vnto mee, by the effectuall working of his power.

8 Unto mee, who am lesse then the least of all Saints, is this grace giuen, that I should preach among the Gentiles the vnsearchable riches of Christ,

9 And to make all men see, what is the fellowship of the mysterie, which from the beginning of the world, hath bene hid in God, who created all things by Iesus Christ:

10 To the intent that now vnto the principalities and powers in heauenly places, might be knowen by the church, the manifold wisedome of God,

11 According to the eternall purpose which he purposed in Christ Iesus our Lord:

12 In whom we haue boldnesse and accesse, with confidence, by the faith of him.

13 Wherefore I desire that yee faint not at my tribulations for you, which is your glory.

14 For this cause I bow my knees vnto the Father of our Lord Iesus Christ,

15 Of whom the whole family in heauen and earth is named,

16 That he would grant you according to the riches of his glory, to bee strengthened with might, by his Spirit in the inner man,

17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith, that yee being rooted and grounded in loue,

18 May be able to comprehend with all Saints, what is the breadth, and length, and depth, and height:

19 And to know the loue of Christ, which passeth knowledge, that yee might bee filled with all the fulnesse of God.

20 Now vnto him that is able to do exceeding abundantly aboue all that wee aske or thinke, according to the power that worketh in vs,

21 Unto him be glory in the Church by Christ Iesus, throughout all ages, world without end. Amen.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2019 4:52 pm
Ephesians
Chapter 4

1 I therefore the prisoner of the Lord, beseech you that yee walke worthy of the vocation wherewith ye are called,

2 With all lowlinesse and meekenesse, with long suffering, forbearing one another in loue.

3 Endeuouring to keepe the vnitie of the Spirit in the bond of peace.

4 There is one body, and one spirit, euen as yee are called in one hope of your calling.

5 One Lord, one Faith, one Baptisme,

6 One God and Father of all, who is aboue all, & through all, & in you all.

7 But vnto euery one of vs is giuen grace, according to the measure of the gift of Christ.

8 Wherefore he saith: When he ascended vp on high, he led captiuitie captiue, and gaue gifts vnto men.

9 (Now that he ascended, what is it but that hee also descended first into the lower parts of the earth?

10 He that descended, is the same also that ascended vp far aboue all heauens, that he might fill all things.)

11 And he gaue some, Apostles: and some, Prophets: and some, Euangelists: and some, Pastors, and teachers:

12 For the perfecting of the Saints, for the worke of the ministerie, for the edifying of the body of Christ:

13 Till we all come in the vnitie of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Sonne of God, vnto a perfect man, vnto the measure of the stature of the fulnesse of Christ:

14 That we hencefoorth be no more children, tossed to and fro, and caried about with euery winde of doctrine, by the sleight of men, and cunning craftinesse, whereby they lye in waite to deceiue:

15 But speaking the trueth in loue, may grow vp into him in all things which is the head, euen Christ:

16 From whom the whole body fitly ioyned together, and compacted by that which euery ioynt supplyeth, according to the effectuall working in the measure of euery part, maketh increase of the body, vnto the edifying of it selfe in loue.

17 This I say therefore and testifie in the Lord, that yee henceforth walke not as other Gentiles walke in the vanitie of their minde,

18 Hauing the vnderstanding darkened, being alienated from the life of God, through the ignorance that is in them, because of the blindnesse of their heart:

19 Who being past feeling, haue giuen themselues ouer vnto lasciuiousnesse, to worke all vncleannesse with greedinesse.

20 But ye haue not so learned Christ:

21 If so be that ye haue heard him, and haue bene taught by him, as the trueth is in Iesus,

22 That yee put off concerning the former conuersation, the olde man, which is corrupt according to the deceitfull lusts:

23 And bee renewed in the spirit of your minde:

24 And that yee put on that new man, which after God is created in righteousnesse, and true holinesse.

25 Wherefore putting away lying, speake euery man truth with his neighbour: for we are members one of another.

26 Be ye angry and sinne not, let not the Sunne go down vpon your wrath:

27 Neither giue place to the deuill.

28 Let him that stole, steale no more: but rather let him labour, working with his handes the thing which is good, that he may haue to giue to him that needeth.

29 Let no corrupt communication proceede out of your mouth, but that which is good to the vse of edifying, that it may minister grace vnto the hearers.

30 And grieue not the holy Sririt of God, whereby yee are sealed vnto the day of redemption.

31 Let all bitternes, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and euill speaking, be put away from you, with all malice,

32 And bee ye kinde one to another. tender hearted, forgiuing one another, euen as God for Christs sake hath forgiuen you.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 02, 2019 1:51 pm
Ephesians
Chapter 5

1 Be ye therefore followers of God, as deare children.

2 And walke in loue, as Christ also hath loued vs, and hath giuen himselfe for vs, an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet smelling sauour;

3 But fornication and all vncleannesse, or couetousnesse, let it not be once named amongst you, as becommeth Saints:

4 Neither filthinesse, nor foolish talking, nor iesting, which are not conuenient: but rather giuing of thankes.

5 For this ye know, that no whoremonger, nor vncleane person, nor couetous man who is an idolater, hath any inheritance in the kingdome of Christ, and of God.

6 Let no man deceiue you with vaine words: for because of these things commeth the wrath of God vpon the children of disobedience.

7 Bee not yee therefore partakers with them.

8 For yee were sometimes darkenesse, but now are yee light in the Lord: walke as children of light,

9 (For the fruite of the spirit is in all goodnesse and righteousnesse & trueth.)

10 Proouing what is acceptable vnto the Lord:

11 And haue no fellowship with the vnfruitfull workes of darkenesse, but rather reproue them.

12 For it is a shame euen to speake of those things which are done of them in secret.

13 But all things that are reprooued, are made manifest by the light: for whatsoeuer doth make manifest, is light.

14 Wherfore hee saith: Awake thou that sleepest, and arise from the dead, and Christ shall giue thee light.

15 See then that yee walke circumspectly, not as fooles, but as wise,

16 Redeming the time, because the dayes are euill.

17 Wherefore be ye not vnwise, but vnderstanding what the will of the Lord is.

18 And bee not drunke with wine, wherein is excesse: but bee filled with the Spirit:

19 Speaking to your selues, in Psalmes, and Hymnes, and Spirituall songs, singing and making melodie in your heart to the Lord,

20 Giuing thankes alwayes for all things vnto God, and the Father, in the Name of our Lord Iesus Christ,

21 Submitting your selues one to another in the feare of God.

22 Wiues, submit your selues vnto your own husbands, as vnto the Lord.

23 For the husband is the head of the wife, euen as Christ is the head of the Church: and he is the sauiour of the body.

24 Therefore as the Church is subiect vnto Christ, so let the wiues bee to their owne husbands in euery thing.

25 Husbands, loue your wiues, euen as Christ also loued the Church, and gaue himselfe for it:

26 That he might sanctifie & cleanse it with the washing of water, by the word,

27 That hee might present it to himselfe a glorious Church, not hauing spot or wrinckle, or any such thing: but that it should bee holy and without blemish.

28 So ought men to loue their wiues, as their owne bodies: hee that loueth his wife, loueth himselfe.

29 For no man euer yet hated his owne flesh: but nourisheth and cherisheth it, euen as the Lord the Church:

30 For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.

31 For this cause shall a man leaue his father and mother, and shall be ioyned vnto his wife, and they two shalbe one flesh.

32 This is a great mysterie: but I speake concerning Christ and the Church.

33 Neuerthelesse, let euery one of you in particular, so loue his wife euen as himselfe, and the wife see that she reuerence her husband.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 03, 2019 11:58 am
Ephesians
Chapter 6

1 Children, obey your parents in the Lord: for this is right.

2 Honour thy father and mother, (which is the first commandement with promise,)

3 That it may bee well with thee, and thou maiest liue long on the earth.

4 And yee fathers, prouoke not your children to wrath: but bring them vp in the nourture and admonition of the Lord.

5 Seruants, bee obedient to them that are your masters according to the flesh, with feare and trembling, in singlenesse of your heart, as vnto Christ:

6 Not with eye seruice as men pleasers, but as the seruants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart:

7 With good will doing seruice, as to the Lord, and not to men,

8 Knowing that whatsoeuer good thing any man doeth, the same shall he receiue of the Lord, whether he be bond or free.

9 And ye masters, do the same things vnto them, forbearing threatning: knowing that your master also is in heauen, neither is there respect of persons with him.

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, & in the power of his might.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the deuill.

12 For wee wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darknes of this world, against spirituall wickednes in high places.

13 Wherfore take vnto you the whole armour of God, that yee may be able to withstand in the euill day, and hauing done all, to stand.

14 Stand therefore, hauing your loynes girt about with trueth, and hauing on the breast-plate of righteousnesse:

15 And your feete shod with the preparation of the Gospel of peace.

16 Aboue all, taking the shielde of Faith, wherewith yee shall bee able to quench all the fierie dartes of the wicked.

17 And take the helmet of saluation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

18 Praying alwayes with all prayer and supplication in the spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseuerance, and supplication for all Saints,

19 And for mee, that vtterance may be giuen vnto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make knowen the mysterie of the Gospel:

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds, that therein I may speake boldly, as I ought to speake.

21 But that yee also may know my affaires, and how I doe, Tychicus a beloued brother, and faithfull minister in the Lord, shall make knowen to you all things.

22 Whom I haue sent vnto you for the same purpose, that yee might know our affaires, and that he might comfort your hearts.

23 Peace be to the brethren, and loue, with faith from God the Father, and the Lord Iesus Christ.

24 Grace be with all them that loue our Lord Iesus Christ in sinceritie. Written from Rome vnto the Ephesians by Tychicus.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:17 am
Philippians
Chapter 1

1 Paul and Timotheus the seruants of Iesus Christ, to all the Saints in Christ Iesus, which are at Philippi, with the Bishops and Deacons:

2 Grace be vnto you, and peace, from God our Father, and from the Lord Iesus Christ.

3 I thanke my God vpon euery remembrance of you,

4 Alwayes in euery prayer of mine for you all making request, with ioy

5 For your felowship in the Gospel from the first day vntill now;

6 Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you, will performe it vntil the day of Iesus Christ:

7 Euen as it is meete for mee to thinke this of you all, because I haue you in my heart, in as much as both in my bonds, and in the defence and confirmation of the Gospel, ye all are partakers of my grace.

8 For God is my record, how greatly I long after you all, in the bowels of Iesus Christ.

9 And this I pray, that your loue may abound yet more & more in knowledge, and in all iudgment.

10 That ye may approue things that are excellent, that ye may be sincere, and without offence till the day of Christ.

11 Being filled with the fruites of righteousnesse, which are by Iesus Christ vnto the glory and praise of God.

12 But I would yee should vnderstand brethren, that the things which happened vnto mee, haue fallen out rather vnto the furtherance of the Gospel.

13 So that my bonds in Christ, are manifest in all the palace, and in all other places.

14 And many of the brethren in the Lord, waxing confident, by my bonds, are much more bold to speake the word without feare.

15 Some in deed preach Christ, euen of enuie and strife, and some also of good will.

16 The one preach Christ of contention, not syncerely, supposing to adde affliction to my bonds:

17 But the other of loue, knowing that I am set for the defence of the Gospel.

18 What then? Notwithstanding euery way, whether in pretence, or in trueth: Christ is preached, and I therein doe reioyce, yea, and will reioyce.

19 For I know that this shall turne to my saluation through your prayer, and the supplie of the spirit of Iesus Christ,

20 According to my earnest expectation, and my hope, that in nothing I shalbe ashamed: but that with all boldnes, as alwayes, so now also Christ shal be magnified in my body, whether it be by life or by death.

21 For to me to liue is Christ, and to die is gaine.

22 But if I liue in the flesh, this is the fruit of my labour: yet what I shal chuse, I wote not.

23 For I am in a strait betwixt two, hauing a desire to depart, & to bee with Christ, which is farre better.

24 Neuertheles, to abide in the flesh, is more needfull for you.

25 And hauing this confidence, I know that I shall abide and continue with you all, for your furtherance and ioy of faith,

26 That your reioycing may bee more abundant in Iesus Christ for me, by my comming to you againe.

27 Onely let your conuersation bee as it becommeth the Gospel of Christ, that whether I come and see you, or else be absent, I may heare of your affaires, that yee stand fast in one spirit, with one minde, striuing together for the faith of the Gospel,

28 And in nothing terrified by your aduersaries, which is to them an euident token of perdition: but to you of saluation, and that of God.

29 For vnto you it is giuen in the behalfe of Christ, not onely to beleeue on him, but also to suffer for his sake,

30 Hauing the same conflict which ye saw in me, and now heare to be in me.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2019 4:26 pm
Philippians
Chapter 2

1 If there bee therefore any consolation in Christ, if any comfort of loue, if any fellowship of the Spirit, if any bowels, & mercies;

2 Fulfill ye my ioy, that yee be like minded, hauing the same loue, being of one accord, of one minde.

3 Let nothing bee done through strife, or vaine glory, but in lowlinesse of minde let each esteeme other better then themselues.

4 Looke not euery man on his owne things, but euery man also on the things of others.

5 Let this minde bee in you, which was also in Christ Iesus:

6 Who being in the forme of God, thought it not robbery to bee equall with God:

7 But made himselfe of no reputation, and tooke vpon him the forme of a seruant, and was made in the likenesse of men.

8 And being found in fashion as a man, he humbled himselfe, and became obedient vnto death, euen the death of the Crosse.

9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and giuen him a Name which is aboue euery name:

10 That at the Name of Iesus euery knee should bow, of things in heauen, and things in earth, and things vnder the earth:

11 And that euery tongue should confesse, that Iesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father.

12 Wherefore, my beloued, as yee haue alwayes obeyed, not as in my presence onely, but now much more in my absence; worke out your owne saluation with feare, and trembling.

13 For it is God which worketh in you, both to will, and to doe, of his good pleasure.

14 Doe all things without murmurings, and disputings:

15 That yee may bee blamelesse and harmelesse, the sonnes of God, without rebuke, in the middes of a crooked and peruerse nation, among whom ye shine as lights in the world:

16 Holding foorth the word of life, that I may reioyce in the day of Christ, that I haue not runne in vaine, neither laboured in vaine.

17 Yea, and if I bee offered vpon the sacrifice and seruice of your faith, I ioy, and reioyce with you all.

18 For the same cause also doe ye ioy, and reioyce with me.

19 But I trust in the Lord Iesus, to send Timotheus shortly vnto you, that I also may bee of good comfort, when I know your state.

20 For I haue no man like minded, who will naturally care for your state.

21 For all seeke their owne, not the things which are Iesus Christs.

22 But ye know the proofe of him, That as a sonne with the father, hee hath serued with me, in the Gospel.

23 Him therefore I hope to send presently, so soone as I shall see how it wil goe with me.

24 But I trust in the Lord, that I also my selfe shall come shortly.

25 Yet I supposed it necessary, to send to you Epaphroditus my brother and companion in labour, and fellow souldiour, but your messenger, and hee that ministred to my wants.

26 For hee longed after you all, and was full of heauinesse, because that yee had heard that he had bene sicke.

27 For indeed he was sicke nigh vnto death, but God had mercy on him: and not on him onely, but on mee also, lest I should haue sorow vpon sorow.

28 I sent him therefore the more carefully, that when ye see him againe, ye may reioyce, and that I may bee the lesse sorrowfull.

29 Receiue him therfore in the Lord with all gladnesse, and hold such in reputation:

30 Because for the worke of Christ he was nigh vnto death, not regarding his life, to supply your lacke of seruice toward me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2019 5:47 pm
Philippians
Chapter 3

1 Finally, my brethren, reioyce in the Lorde. To write the same things to you, to me indeed is not grieuous: but for you it is safe.

2 Beware of dogs, beware of euill workers: beware of the concision.

3 For we are the circumcision, which worship God in the spirit, and reioyce in Christ Iesus, and haue no confidence in the flesh.

4 Though I might also haue confidence in the flesh. If any other man thinketh that hee hath whereof hee might trust in the flesh, I more:

5 Circumcised the eight day, of the stocke of Israel, of the tribe of Beniamin, an Hebrew of the Hebrewes, as touching the Law, a Pharise:

6 Concerning zeale, persecuting the Church: touching the righteousnesse which is in the Law, blamelesse.

7 But what things were gaine to me, those I counted losse for Christ.

8 Yea doubtlesse, and I count all things but losse, for the excellencie of the knowledge of Christ Iesus my Lord: for whom I haue suffered the losse of all things, and doe count them but doung, that I may win Christ,

9 And be found in him, not hauing mine owne righteousnesse, which is of the Law, but that which is through the faith of Christ, the righteousnesse which is of God by faith:

10 That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable vnto his death,

11 If by any meanes I might attaine vnto the resurrection of the dead.

12 Not as though I had already attained, either were already perfect: but I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Iesus.

13 Brethren, I count not my selfe to haue apprehended: but this one thing I doe, forgetting those things which are behinde, and reaching forth vnto those things which are before,

14 I presse toward the marke, for the price of the high calling of God in Christ Iesus.

15 Let vs therefore, as many as bee perfect, bee thus minded: and if in any thing ye be otherwise minded, God shal reueale euen this vnto you.

16 Neuerthelesse, whereto wee haue alreadie attained, let vs walke by the same rule, let vs minde the same thing.

17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and marke them which walke so, as ye haue vs for an ensample.

18 (For many walke, of whome I haue told you often, and now tell you euen weeping, that they are the enemies of the crosse of Christ:

19 Whose end is destruction, whose God is their belly, and whose glorie is in their shame, who minde earthly things.)

20 For our conuersation is in heauen, from whence also we looke for the Sauiour, the Lord Iesus Christ:

21 Who shall change our vile bodie, that it may bee fashioned like vnto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able euen to subdue all things vnto himselfe.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:36 pm
Philippians
Chapter 4

1 Therefore, my brethren, dearely beloued and longed for, my ioy and crowne, so stand fast in the Lord, my dearely beloued.

2 I beseech Euodias, and beseech Syntiche, that they be of the same mind in the Lord.

3 And I entreat thee also, true yokefellow, helpe those women which laboured with me in the Gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellow labourers, whose names are in the booke of life.

4 Reioyce in the Lord alway: and againe I say, Reioyce.

5 Let your moderation be knowen vnto all men. The Lord is at hand.

6 Bee carefull for nothing: but in euery thing by prayer and supplication with thankesgiuing, let your request be made knowen vnto God.

7 And the peace of God which passeth all vnderstanding, shall keepe your hearts & minds through Christ Iesus.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoeuer things are true, whatsoeuer things are honest, whatsoeuer things are iust, whatsoeuer things are pure, whatsoeuer things are louely, whatsoeuer things are of good report: if there bee any vertue, and if there bee any praise, thinke on these things:

9 Those things which ye haue both learned and receiued, and heard, and seene in mee, doe: and the God of peace shall be with you.

10 But I reioyced in the Lorde greatly, that now at the last your care of me hath flourished againe, wherein yee were also carefull, but ye lacked opportunitie.

11 Not that I speake in respect of want: for I haue learned in whatsoeuer state I am, therewith to bee content.

12 I know both how to bee abased, and I knowe how to abound: euerie where, and in all things I am instructed, both to bee full, and to bee hungrie, both to abound, and to suffer need.

13 I can do all things through Christ, which strengtheneth me.

14 Notwithstanding, yee haue well done, that ye did communicate with my affliction.

15 Now ye Philippians know also, that in the beginning of the Gospel, when I departed from Macedonia, no Church communicated with mee, as concerning giuing and receiuing, but ye onely.

16 For euen in Thessalonica, ye sent once, and againe vnto my necessitie.

17 Not because I desire a gift: but I desire fruit that may abound to your account.

18 But I haue all, and abound. I am full, hauing receiued of Epaphroditus the things which were sent from you, an odour of a sweet smell, a sacrifice acceptable, well pleasing to God.

19 But my God shall supply all your need, according to his riches in glory, by Christ Iesus.

20 Now vnto God and our Father be glory for euer and euer. Amen.

21 Salute euery Saint in Christ Iesus: the brethren which are with me, greet you.

22 All the Saints salute you, chiefly they that are of Cesars houshold.

23 The grace of our Lord Iesus Christ be with you all. Amen. It was written to the Philippians from Rome, by Epaphroditus.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:12 pm
Colossians
Chapter 1

1 Paul an Apostle of Iesus Christ, by þe will of God, and Timotheus our brother,

2 To the saints and faithfull brethren in Christ, which are at Colosse, grace be vnto you, and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Iesus Christ.

3 We giue thanks to God, and the Father of our Lord Iesus Christ, praying alwayes for you,

4 Since we heard of your faith in Christ Iesus, and of the loue which yee haue to all the Saints,

5 For the hope which is layd vp for you in heauen, whereof ye heard before in the word of the trueth of the Gospel,

6 Which is come vnto you as it is in all the world, and bringeth foorth fruit, as it doth also in you, since the day yee heard of it, and knew the grace of God in trueth,

7 As yee also learned of Epaphras our deare felow seruant, who is for you a faithfull Minister of Christ:

8 Who also declared vnto vs your loue in the spirit.

9 For this cause wee also, since the day we heard it, doe not cease to pray for you, and to desire that ye might be filled with the knowledge of his will, in all wisedome and spirituall vnderstanding:

10 That ye might walke worthy of the Lord vnto all pleasing, being fruitfull in euery good worke, & increasing in the knowledge of God:

11 Strengthened with all might according to his glorious power, vnto all patience and long suffering with ioyfulnesse:

12 Giuing thanks vnto the Father, which hath made vs meete to be partakers of the inheritance of the Saints in light:

13 Who hath deliuered vs from the power of darkenesse, and hath translated vs into the kingdome of his deare Sonne,

14 In whom we haue redemption through his blood, euen the forgiuenesse of sinnes:

15 Who is the image of the inuisible God, the first borne of euery creature.

16 For by him were all things created that are in heauen, and that are in earth, visible and inuisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him.

17 And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

18 And hee is the head of the body, the Church: who is the beginning, the first borne from the dead, that in all things he might haue the preeminence:

19 For it pleased the Father that in him should all fulnesse dwell,

20 And (hauing made peace through the blood of his crosse) by him to reconcile all things vnto himself, by him, I say, whether they bee things in earth, or things in heauen.

21 And you that were sometimes alienated, and enemies in your minde by wicked workes, yet now hath hee reconciled,

22 In the body of his flesh through death, to present you holy & vnblameable, and vnreprooueable in his sight,

23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and setled, and be not moued away from the hope of the Gospel, which yee haue heard, and which was preached to euery creature which is vnder heauen, whereof I Paul am made a Minister.

24 Who now reioyce in my sufferings for you, and fill vp that which is behind of the afflictions of Christ in my flesh, for his bodies sake, which is the Church,

25 Whereof I am made a Minister, according to the dispensation of God, which is giuen to mee for you, to fulfill the word of God:

26 Euen the mystery which hath been hid from ages, and from generations, but now is made manifest to his saints,

27 To whom God would make knowen what is the riches of the glory of this mysterie among the Gentiles, which is Christ in you, the hope of glory:

28 Whom we preach, warning euery man, and teaching euery man in all wisedome, that we may present euery man perfect in Christ Iesus.

29 Whereunto I also labour, striuing according to his working, which worketh in me mightily.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2019 3:31 am
Colossians
Chapter 2

1 For I would that ye knew what great conflict I haue for you, and for them at Laodicea, and for as many as haue not seene my face in the flesh:

2 That their hearts might be comforted, being knit together in loue, and vnto all riches of the full assurance of vnderstanding, to the acknowledgement of the mysterie of God, and of the Father, and of Christ,

3 In whom are hid all the treasures of wisedome, and knowledge.

4 And this I say, lest any man should beguile you with entising words.

5 For though I bee absent in the flesh, yet am I with you in the spirit, ioying and beholding your order, and the stedfastnesse of your faith in Christ.

6 As yee haue therefore receiued Christ Iesus the Lord, so walke yee in him:

7 Rooted and built vp in him, and stablished in the faith, as yee haue bene taught, abounding therein with thankesgiuing.

8 Beware lest any man spoile you through Philosophie and vaine deceit, after the tradition of men, after the rudiments of the world, and not after Christ:

9 For in him dwelleth all the fulnesse of the Godhead bodily.

10 And ye are complete in him, which is the head of all principalitie, & power.

11 In whom also ye are circumcised with the Circumcision made without handes, in putting off the body of the sinnes of the flesh, by the Circumcision of Christ:

12 Buried with him in Baptisme, wherein also you are risen with him through the faith of the operation of God, who hath raised him from the dead.

13 And you being dead in your sinnes, and the vncircumcision of your flesh, hath hee quickened together with him, hauing forgiuen you all trespasses,

14 Blotting out the handwriting of ordinances, that was against vs, which was contrary to vs, and tooke it out of the way, nayling it to his Crosse:

15 And hauing spoyled principalities and powers, he made a shew of them openly, triumphing ouer them in it.

16 Let no man therefore iudge you in meat, or in drinke, or in respect of an Holy day, or of the New moone, or of the Sabbath dayes:

17 Which are a shadow of things to come, but the body is of Christ.

18 Let no man beguile you of your reward, in a voluntary humilitie, and worshipping of Angels, intruding into those things which hee hath not seene, vainely puft vp by his fleshly minde:

19 And not holding the head, from which all the body by ioynts and bands hauing nourishment ministred, and knit together, increaseth with the increase of God.

20 Wherefore if yee bee dead with Christ frō the rudiments of the world: why, as though liuing in the world, are ye subiect to ordinances?

21 (Touch not, taste not, handle not:

22 Which all are to perish with the vsing) after the commandements and doctrines of men:

23 Which things haue in deed a shew of wisedome in will-worship and humilitie, and neglecting of the body, not in any honour to the satisfying of the flesh.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff