Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2019 5:23 pm
1 Timothy
Chapter 5
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Rebuke not an Elder, but intreate him as a father, and the yonger men as brethren:

2 The elder women as mothers, the yonger as sisters with all puritie.

3 Honour widowes that are widowes indeed.

4 But if any widow haue children or nephewes, let them learne first to shew pietie at home, and to requite their parents: for that is good and acceptable before God.

5 Now she that is a widow in deed, and desolate, trusteth in God, and continueth in supplications and prayers night and day.

6 But she that liueth in pleasure, is dead while she liueth.

7 And these things giue in charge, that they may be blamelesse.

8 But if any prouide not for his owne, & specially for those of his owne house, hee hath denied the faith, and is worse then an infidel.

9 Let not a widow bee taken into the number, vnder threescore yeeres old, hauing bene the wife of one man,

10 Well reported of for good works, if shee haue brought vp children, if shee haue lodged strangers, if she haue washed the Saints feet, if shee haue releeued the afflicted, if shee haue diligently followed euery good worke.

11 But the yonger widowes refuse: for when they haue begunne to waxe wanton against Christ, they will marry,

12 Hauing damnation, because they haue cast off their first faith.

13 And withall they learne to bee idle, wandering about from house to house; and not onely idle, but tatlers also, and busibodies, speaking things which they ought not.

14 I will therefore that the yonger women marry, beare children, guid the house, giue none occasion to the aduersary to speake reprochfully.

15 For some are already turned aside after Satan.

16 If any man or woman that beleeueth haue widowes, let them relieue them, and let not the Church be charged, that it may relieue them that are widowes indeed.

17 Let the Elders that rule well, be counted worthy of double honour, especially they who labour in the word and doctrine.

18 For the Scripture saith, Thou shalt not mousell the oxe that treadeth out the corne: and, The labourer is worthy of his reward.

19 Against an Elder receiue not an accusation, but before two or three witnesses.

20 Them that sinne rebuke before all, that others also may feare.

21 I charge thee before God, and the Lord Iesus Christ, and the elect Angels, that thou obserue these things without preferring one before another, doing nothing by partialitie.

22 Lay hands suddenly on no man, neither bee partaker of other mens sinnes. Keepe thy selfe pure.

23 Drinke no longer water, but vse a little wine for thy stomackes sake, and thine often infirmities.

24 Some mens sinnes are open before hand, going before to iudgement: and some men they follow after.

25 Likewise also the good works of some are manifest before hand, and they that are otherwise, cannot be hid.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 27, 2019 2:56 pm
1 Timothy
Chapter 6

1 Let as many seruants as are vnder the yoke, count their owne masters worthy of all honour, that the Name of God, and his doctrine be not blasphemed.

2 And they that haue beleeuing masters, let them not despise them because they are brethren: but rather doe them seruice, because they are faithfull and beloued, partakers of the benefite: These things teach and exhort.

3 If any man teach otherwise, and consent not to wholesome words, euen the wordes of our Lord Iesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godlinesse:

4 Hee is proud, knowing nothing, but doting about questions, and strifes of wordes, whereof commeth enuie, strife, railings, euill surmisings,

5 Peruerse disputings of men of corrupt mindes, and destitute of the trueth, supposing that gaine is godlinesse: From such withdraw thy selfe.

6 But godlinesse with contentment is great gaine.

7 For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certaine we can cary nothing out.

8 And hauing food and raiment let vs be therewith content.

9 But they that will be rich, fall into temptation and a snare, and into many foolish & hurtfull lusts, which drowne men in destruction and perdition.

10 For the loue of money is the root of all euill, which while some coueted after, they haue erred from the faith, and pierced themselues through with many sorrowes.

11 But thou, O man of God, flie these things; and follow after righteousnesse, godlinesse, faith, loue, patience, meekenesse.

12 Fight the good fight of faith, lay hold on eternall life, whereunto thou art also called, and hast professed a good profession before many witnesses.

13 I giue thee charge in the sight of God, who quickneth all things, and before Christ Iesus, who before Pontius Pilate witnessed a good Confession,

14 That thou keepe this commandement without spot, vnrebukeable, vntill the appearing of our Lord Iesus Christ.

15 Which in his times he shall shew, who is the blessed, and onely Potentate, the King of kings, and Lord of lords:

16 Who onely hath immortalitie, dwelling in the light, which no man can approch vnto, whom no man hath seene, nor can see: to whom be honour and power euerlasting. Amen.

17 Charge them that are rich in this world, that they bee not high minded, nor trust in vncertaine riches, but in the liuing God, who giueth vs richly all things to enioy,

18 That they doe good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate,

19 Laying vp in store for themselues a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay holde on eternall life.

20 O Timothie, keepe that which is committed to thy trust, auoyding prophane and vaine bablings, and oppositions of science, fasly so called:

21 Which some professing, haue erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. Amen. The first to Timothie was written from Laodicea, which is the chiefest citie of Phrygia Pacaciana.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:48 pm
2 Timothy
Chapter 1

1 Paul an Apostle of Iesus Christ by the will of God, according to the promise of life, which is in Christ Iesus,

2 To Timothie my dearely beloued sonne: grace, mercie, and peace from God the Father, and Christ Iesus our Lord.

3 I thanke God, whom I serue from my forefathers with pure conscience, that without ceasing I haue remembrance of thee in my prayers night and day,

4 Greatly desiring to see thee, being mindfull of thy teares, that I may bee filled with ioy,

5 When I call to remembrance the vnfained faith that is in thee, which dwelt first in thy grandmother Lois, and thy mother Eunice: and I am perswaded that in thee also.

6 Wherefore I put thee in remembrance, that thou stirre vp the gift of God which is in thee, by the putting on of my hands.

7 For God hath not giuen vs the spirit of feare, but of power, of loue, and of a sound minde.

8 Bee not thou therefore ashamed of the testimony of our Lord, nor of me his prisoner, but bee thou partaker of the afflictions of the Gospel according to the power of God,

9 Who hath saued vs, and called vs with an holy calling, not according to our workes, but according to his owne purpose and grace, which was giuen vs in Christ Iesus, before the world began,

10 But is now made manifest by the appearing of our Sauiour Iesus Christ, who hath abolished death, and hath brought life and immortalitie to light, through the Gospel:

11 Whereunto I am appointed a Preacher, and an Apostle, and a teacher of the Gentiles.

12 For the which cause I also suffer these things; neuerthelesse, I am not ashamed: for I know whom I haue beleeued, and I am perswaded that he is able to keepe that which I haue committed vnto him against that day.

13 Holde fast the fourme of sound words, which thou hast heard of mee, in faith and loue, which is in Christ Iesus.

14 That good thing which was committed vnto thee, keepe, by the holy Ghost which dwelleth in vs.

15 This thou knowest, that all they which are in Asia be turned away from me, of whom are Phygellus and Hermogenes.

16 The Lord giue mercie vnto the house of Onesiphorus, for hee oft refreshed mee, and was not ashamed of my chaine.

17 But when he was in Rome, hee sought mee out very diligently, and found me.

18 The Lord grant vnto him, that he may finde mercie of the Lord in that day: And in how many things hee ministred vnto mee at Ephesus, thou knowest very well.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:29 pm
2 Timothy
Chapter 2

1 Thou therefore, my sonne, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Iesus.

2 And the things that thou hast heard of mee among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithfull men, who shall be able to teach others also.

3 Thou therefore indure hardnesse, as a good souldier of Iesus Christ.

4 No man that warreth, intangleth himselfe with the affaires of this life, that hee may please him who hath chosen him to be a souldier.

5 And if a man also striue for masteries, yet is hee not crowned except hee striue lawfully.

6 The husbandman that laboureth, must bee first partaker of the fruites.

7 Consider what I say, and the Lord giue thee vnderstanding in all things.

8 Remember that Iesus Christ of the seede of Dauid, was raised from the dead, according to my Gospel:

9 Wherein I suffer trouble as an euill doer, euen vnto bonds: but the word of God is not bound.

10 Therefore I indure all things for the elects sakes, that they may also obtaine the saluation which is in Christ Iesus, with eternall glory.

11 It is a faithfull saying: for if we bee dead with him, wee shall also liue with him.

12 If we suffer, we shall also reigne with him: if wee denie him, hee also will denie vs.

13 If we beleeue not, yet he abideth faithfull, he cannot denie himselfe.

14 Of these things put them in remembrance, charging them before the Lord, that they striue not about words to no profite, but to the subuerting of the hearers.

15 Studie to shewe thy selfe approued vnto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly diuiding the word of trueth.

16 But shun profane and vaine bablings, for they will increase vnto more vngodlinesse.

17 And their word will eate as doth a canker: of whom is Hymeneus and Philetus.

18 Who concerning the trueth haue erred, saying that the resurrection is past alreadie, and ouerthrow the faith of some.

19 Neuerthelesse the foundation of God standeth sure, hauing the seale, the Lord knoweth them that are his. And, let euery one that nameth the Name of Christ, depart from iniquitie.

20 But in a great house, there are not onely vessels of gold, and of siluer, but also a wood, & of earth: and some to honour, and some to dishonour.

21 If a man therefore purge himselfe from these, he shal be a vessell vnto honour, sanctified, and meete for the Masters vse, and prepared vnto euery good worke.

22 Flie also youthfull lusts: but follow righteousnesse, faith, charitie, peace with them that call on the Lord out of a pure heart.

23 But foolish and vnlearned questions auoid, knowing that they doe gender strifes.

24 And the seruant of the Lord must not striue: but bee gentle vnto all men, apt to teach, patient,

25 In meekenesse instructing those that oppose themselues, if God peraduenture will giue them repentance to the acknowledging of the trueth.

26 And that they may recouer themselues out of the snare of the deuill, who are taken captiue by him at his will.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:54 pm
2 Timothy
Chapter 3

1 This know also, that in the last dayes perillous times shall come.

2 For men shall bee louers of their owne selues, couetous, boasters, proude, blasphemers, disobedient to parents, vnthankfull, vnholy,

3 Without naturall affection, trucebreakers, false accusers, incontinent, fierce, despisers of those that are good,

4 Traitours, heady, high minded, louers of pleasures more then louers of God,

5 Hauing a forme of godlinesse, but denying the power thereof: from such turne away.

6 For of this sort are they which creep into houses, and leade captiue silly women laden with sinnes, led away with diuers lusts,

7 Euer learning, and neuer able to come to the knowledge of the trueth.

8 Now as Iannes and Iambres withstood Moses, so do these also resist the trueth: men of corrupt mindes, reprobate concerning the faith.

9 But they shal proceede no further: for their folly shall be manifest vnto all men, as theirs also was.

10 But thou hast fully knowen my doctrine, maner of life, purpose, faith, long suffering, charitie, patience,

11 Persecutions, afflictions which came vnto me at Antioch, at Iconium, at Lystra, what persecutions I indured: but out of them all the Lord deliuered me.

12 Yea, and all that will liue godly in Christ Iesus, shall suffer persecution.

13 But euill men and seducers shall waxe worse and worse, deceiuing, and being deceiued.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned, and hast been assured of, knowing of whome thou hast learned them.

15 And that from a childe thou hast knowen the holy Scriptures, which are able to make thee wise vnto saluation through faith which is in Christ Iesus.

16 All Scripture is giuen by inspiration of God, & is profitable for doctrine, for reproofe, for correction, for instrution in righteousnesse,

17 That the man of God may be perfect, throughly furnished vnto all good workes.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:17 pm
2 Timothy
Chapter 4

1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Iesus Christ, who shall iudge the quicke and the dead at his appearing, and his kingdome:

2 Preach the word, be instant in season, out of season, reprooue, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering & doctrine.

3 For the time wil come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but after their owne lusts shall they heape to themselues teachers, hauing itching eares:

4 And they shall turne away their eares from the trueth, and shall be turned vnto fables.

5 But watch thou in all things, indure afflictions, doe the worke of an Euangelist, make full proofe of thy ministery.

6 For I am now readie to bee offered, and the time of my departure is at hand.

7 I haue fought a good fight, I haue finished my course, I haue kept the faith.

8 Hencefoorth there is layde vp for me a crowne of righteousnesse, which the Lord the righteous iudge shall giue me at that day: and not to me only, but vnto them also that loue his appearing.

9 Doe thy diligence to come shortly vnto me:

10 For Demas hath forsaken me, hauing loued this present world, and is departed vnto Thessalonica: Crescens to Galatia, Titus vnto Dalmatia.

11 Onely Luke is with me. Take Marke and bring him with thee: for he is profitable to me for the ministerie.

12 And Tychicus haue I sent to Ephesus.

13 The cloke that I left at Troas with Carpus, when thou commest, bring with thee, but especially the parchments.

14 Alexander the Coppersmith did mee much euill, the Lord reward him according to his works.

15 Of whom bee thou ware also, for he hath greatly withstood our words.

16 At my first answere no man stood with mee, but all men forsooke mee: I pray God that it may not bee laid to their charge.

17 Notwithstanding the Lord stood with me, and strengthened me, that by me the preaching might be fully knowen, and that all the Gentiles might heare: and I was deliuered out of the mouth of the Lyon.

18 And the Lord shall deliuer mee from euery euill worke, and will preserue me vnto his heauenly kingdome; to whom bee glory for euer, and euer. Amen.

19 Salute Prisca and Aquila, and the houshold of Onesiphorus.

20 Erastus abode at Corinth: but Trophimus haue I left at Miletum sicke.

21 Doe thy diligence to come before winter. Eubulus greeteth thee, and Pudens, and Linus, and Claudia, and all the brethren.

22 The Lord Iesus Christ bee with thy spirit. Grace be with you. Amen. The second Epistle vnto Timotheus, ordeined the first Bishop of the Church of the Ephesians, was written from Rome, when Paul was brought before Nero the second time.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2019 12:34 pm
Titus
Chapter 1

1 Paul a seruant of God, and an Apostle of Iesus Christ, according to the Faith of Gods Elect, and the acknowledging of the trueth which is after godlinesse,

2 In hope of eternall life, which God that cannot lie, promised before the world began:

3 But hath in due times manifested his word through preaching, which is committed vnto mee according to the commandement of God our Sauiour:

4 To Titus mine owne Sonne after the common faith, Grace, mercie, and peace from God the Father, and the Lord Iesus Christ our Sauiour.

5 For this cause left I thee in Crete, that thou shouldest set in order the things that are wanting, and ordaine Elders in euery citie, as I had appointed thee.

6 If any be blamelesse, the husband of one wife, hauing faithfull children, not accused of riot, or vnruly.

7 For a Bishop must be blameles, as the steward of God: not selfewilled, not soone angry, not giuen to wine, no striker, not giuen to filthie lucre,

8 But a louer of hospitality, a louer of good men, sober, iust, holy, temperate,

9 Holding fast the faithfull word, as hee hath beene taught, that he may bee able by sound doctrine, both to exhort and to conuince the gainsayers.

10 For there are many vnruly and vaine talkers and deceiuers, specially they of the circumcision:

11 Whose mouthes must be stopped, who subuert whole houses, teaching things which they ought not, for filthie lucres sake.

12 One of themselues, euen a Prophet of their owne, said: The Cretians are alway lyers, euill beasts, slow bellies.

13 This witnesse is true: wherefore rebuke them sharpely that they may be sound in the faith;

14 Not giuing heede to Iewish fables, and commandements of men that turne from the trueth.

15 Unto the pure all things are pure, but vnto them that are defiled, and vnbeleeuing, is nothing pure: but euen their mind and conscience is defiled.

16 They professe that they know God; but in workes they deny him, being abominable, and disobedient, and vnto euery good worke reprobate.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2019 3:37 pm
Titus
Chapter 2

1 But speake thou the things which become sound doctrine:

2 That the aged men be sober, graue, temperate, sound in faith, in charitie, in patience.

3 The aged women likewise that they be in behauiour as becommeth holinesse, not false accusers, not giuen to much wine, teachers of good things,

4 That they may teach the young women to bee sober, to loue their husbands, to loue their children,

5 To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God bee not blasphemed.

6 Yong men likewise exhort, to bee sober minded.

7 In all things shewing thy selfe a patterne of good workes: in doctrine shewing vncorruptnesse, grauity, sinceritie,

8 Sound speech that cannot be condemned, that hee that is of the contrarie part, may bee ashamed, hauing no euill thing to say of you.

9 Exhort seruants to be obedient vnto their own masters, and to please them well in all things, not answering againe:

10 Not purloyning, but shewing all good fidelitie, that they may adorne the doctrine of God our Sauiour in all things.

11 For the grace of God that bringeth saluatiō, hath appeared to all men,

12 Teaching vs that denying vngodlinesse and worldly lusts we should liue soberly, righteously and godly in this present world,

13 Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God, and our Sauiour Iesus Christ,

14 Who gaue himselfe for vs, that he might redeeme vs from all iniquitie, and purifie vnto himselfe a peculiar people, zealous of good workes.

15 These things speake and exhort, and rebuke with all authoritie. Let no man despise thee.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:25 pm
Titus
Chapter 3

1 Put them in minde to bee subiect to Principalities & Powers, to obey magistrates, to be ready to euery good worke,

2 To speake euill of no man, to bee no brawlers, but gentle, shewing all meekenesse vnto all men.

3 For we our selues also were sometimes foolish, disobedient, deceiued, seruing diuers lusts and pleasures, liuing in malice and enuy, hatefull, and hating one another.

4 But after that the kindnesse and loue of God our Sauiour toward man appeared,

5 Not by workes of righteousnesse which wee haue done, but according to his mercy he saued vs, by the washing of regeneration, and renewing of the holy Ghost,

6 Which hee shed on vs abundantly, through Iesus Christ our Sauiour:

7 That being iustified by his grace, we should bee made heires according to the hope of eternall life.

8 This is a faithfull saying, and these things I will that thou affirme constantly, that they which haue beleeued in God, might be carefull to maintaine good works: these things are good and profitable vnto men.

9 But auoyd foolish questions, and genealogies, and contentions, and striuings about the lawe; for they are vnprofitable and vaine.

10 A man that is an heretike, after the first and second admonition, reiect:

11 Knowing that hee that is such, is subuerted, and sinneth, being condemned of himselfe.

12 When I shall send Artemas vnto thee, or Tychicus, be diligent to come vnto mee to Nicopolis: for I haue determined there to winter.

13 Bring Zenas the Lawyer, and Apollos, on their iourney diligently, that nothing be wanting vnto them.

14 And let ours also learne to maintaine good workes for necessarie vses, that they be not vnfruitfull.

15 All that are with mee salute thee. Greete them that loue vs in the faith. Grace be with you all. Amen. It was written to Titus ordeined the first Bishop of the Church of the Cretians, from Nicopolis of Macedonia.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 04, 2019 5:10 pm
Philemon
Chapter 1

1 Paul a prisoner of Iesus Christ, & Timothie our brother vnto Philemon our dearely beloued, and fellow labourer,

2 And to our beloued Apphia, and Archippus our fellow Souldier, and to the Church in thy house.

3 Grace to you, and peace from God our Father, and the Lord Iesus Christ.

4 I thanke my God, making mention of thee alwayes in my prayers,

5 Hearing of thy loue, and faith, which thou hast toward the Lord Iesus, and toward all Saints:

6 That the communication of thy faith may become effectuall by the acknowledging of euery good thing, which is in you in Christ Iesus.

7 For wee haue great ioy and consolation in thy loue, because the bowels of the Saints are refreshed by thee, brother.

8 Wherefore, though I might bee much bolde in Christ to enioyne thee that which is conuenient;

9 Yet for loues sake I rather beseech thee, being such a one as Paul the aged, and now also a prisoner of Iesus Christ.

10 I beseech thee for my sonne Onesimus, whome I haue begotten in my bonds,

11 Which in time past was to thee vnprofitable: but now profitable to thee and to me:

12 Whom I haue sent againe: thou therfore receiue him, that is mine owne bowels.

13 Whome I would haue reteined with mee, that in thy stead hee might haue ministred vnto me in the bonds of the Gospel.

14 But without thy minde would I doe nothing, that thy benefite should not bee as it were of necessitie, but willingly.

15 For perhaps hee therefore departed for a season, that thou shouldest receiue him for euer:

16 Not now as a seruant, but aboue a seruant, a brother beloued, specially to mee, but how much more vnto thee, both in the flesh, and in the Lord?

17 If thou count mee therefore a partner, receiue him as my selfe.

18 If hee hath wronged thee, or oweth thee ought, put that on mine account.

19 I Paul haue written it with mine own hand, I will repay it: albeit I doe not say to thee how thou owest vnto me, euen thine owne selfe besides:

20 Yea, brother, let mee haue ioy of thee in the Lord: refresh my bowles in the Lord.

21 Hauing confidence in thy obedience, I wrote vnto thee, knowing that thou wilt also doe more then I say.

22 But withall prepare mee also a lodging: for I trust that through your prayers I shall be giuen vnto you.

23 There salute thee Epaphras, my fellow prisoner in Christ Iesus:

24 Marcus, Aristarchus, Demas, Lucas, my fellow labourers.

25 The grace of our Lord Iesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen.Written from Rome to Philemon, by Onesimus a seruant.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 05, 2019 4:45 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 1

1 God who at sundry times, and in diuers manners, spake in time past vnto the Fathers by the Prophets,

2 Hath in these last dayes spoken vnto vs by his Sonne, whom he hath appointed heire of all things, by whom also he made the worlds,

3 Who being the brightnesse of his glory, and the expresse image of his person, and vpholding all things by the word of his power, when hee had by himselfe purged our sinnes, sate down on þe right hand of the Maiestie on high,

4 Being made so much better then the Angels, as hee hath by inheritance obtained a more excellent Name then they.

5 For vnto which of the Angels said he at any time, Thou art my sonne, this day haue I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Sonne.

6 And againe, when he bringeth in the first begotten into the world, hee saith, And let all the Angels of God worship him.

7 And of the Angels he saith: Who maketh his Angels spirits, and his ministers a flame of fire.

8 But vnto the Sonne, he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for euer and euer: a scepter of righteousnesse is the scepter of thy kingdome.

9 Thou hast loued righteousnesse, and hated iniquitie, therefore God, euen thy God hath anointed thee with the oyle of gladnesse aboue thy fellowes.

10 And, thou Lord in the beginning hast layed the foundation of the earth: and the heauens are the works of thine hands.

11 They shall perish, but thou remainest: and they all shal waxe old as doth a garment.

12 And as a vesture shalt thou fold them vp, and they shall be changed, but thou art the same, and thy yeeres shall not faile?

13 But to which of the Angels said hee at any time, Sit on my right hand, vntill I make thine enemies thy footstoole?

14 Are they not all ministring spirits, sent foorth to minister for them, who shall be heires of saluation?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 06, 2019 5:19 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 2

1 Therefore we ought to giue the more earnest heede to the things which we haue heard, lest at any time we should let them slip.

2 For if the word spoken by Angels was stedfast, and euery transgression and disobedience receiued a iust recompense of reward:

3 How shall we escape, if we neglect so great saluation, which at the first began to be spoken by the Lord, and was confirmed vnto vs by them that heard him,

4 God also bearing them witnesse, both with signes & wonders, and with diuers miracles, and gifts of the holy Ghost, according to his owne will?

5 For vnto the Angels hath he not put in subiection the world to come, whereof we speake.

6 But one in a certaine place testified, saying: What is man, that thou art mindfull of him: or the Sonne of man that thou visitest him?

7 Thou madest him a little lower then the Angels, thou crownedst him with glory and honor, and didst set him ouer the workes of thy hands.

8 Thou hast put all things in subiection vnder his feete. For in that he put all in subiection vnder him, hee left nothing that is not put vnder him. But now wee see not yet all things put vnder him.

9 But wee see Iesus, who was made a little lower then the Angels, for the suffering of death, crowned with glory and honour, that hee by the grace of God should taste death for euery man.

10 For it became him, for whom are all things, and by whom are all things, in bringing many sonnes vnto glory, to make the Captaine of their saluation perfect through sufferings.

11 For both hee that sanctifieth, and they who are sanctified, are all of one: for which cause he is not ashamed to cal them brethren,

12 Saying, I will declare thy Name vnto my brethren, in the midst of the Church will I sing praise vnto thee.

13 And againe, I will put my trust in him: and againe, Behold, I, and the children which God hath giuen me.

14 Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himselfe likewise took part of the same, that through death hee might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the deuill:

15 And deliuer them, who through feare of death were all their life time subiect to bondage.

16 For verely he tooke not on him the nature of Angels: but he tooke on him the seed of Abraham.

17 Wherfore in all things it behooued him to bee made like vnto his brethren, that he might be a mercifull and faithfull high Priest, in things pertaining to God, to make reconciliation for the sinnes of the people.

18 For in that he himselfe hath suffered, being tempted, he is able to succour them that are tempted.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:15 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 3

1 Wherfore holy brethrē, partakers of the heauenly calling, consider the Apostle and high Priest of our profession Christ Iesus,

2 Who was faithful to him that appointed him, as also Moses was faithfull in all his house.

3 For this man was counted worthy of more glory then Moses, in as much as he who hath builded the house, hath more honour then the house.

4 For euery house is builded by some man, but hee that built all things is God.

5 And Moses verely was faithfull in all his house as a seruant, for a testimonie of those things which were to be spoken after.

6 But Christ as a Sonne ouer his owne house, whose house are wee, if we hold fast the confidence, and the reioycing of the hope firme vnto the end.

7 Wherfore as the holy Ghost saith, To day if ye will heare his voyce,

8 Harden not your hearts, as in the prouocation, in the day of temptation in the wildernesse:

9 When your fathers tempted me, prooued me, and saw my works fourty yeeres.

10 Wherefore I was grieued with that generation, and sayd, They doe alway erre in their hearts, and they haue not knowen my wayes.

11 So I sware in my wrath: they shall not enter into my rest.

12 Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an euill heart of vnbeleefe, in departing from the liuing God.

13 But exhort one another dayly, while it is called To day, least any of you be hardned through the deceitfulnesse of sinne.

14 For wee are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast vnto the end.

15 Whilest it is sayd, To day if yee will heare his voice, harden not your hearts, as in the prouocation.

16 For some when they had heard, did prouoke: howbeit not all that came out of Egypt by Moses.

17 But with whom was he grieued fourty yeeres? was it not with them that had sinned, whose carcases fell in the wildernesse?

18 And to whom sware he that they should not enter into his rest, but to them that beleeued not?

19 So we see that they could not enter in, because of vnbeleefe.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2019 12:59 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 4

1 Let vs therefore feare, lest a promise being left vs, of entring into his rest, any of you should seeme to come short of it.

2 For vnto vs was the Gospel preached, as well as vnto thē: but the word preached did not profit them, not being mixed with faith in them that heard it.

3 For we which haue beleeued do enter into rest, as hee said, As I haue sworne in my wrath, if they shall enter into my rest, although the works were finished from the foundation of the world.

4 For he spake in a certaine place of the seuenth day on this wise: And God did rest the seuenth day from all his works.

5 And in this place againe: If they shall enter into my rest.

6 Seeing therfore it remaineth that some must enter therein, and they to whom it was first preached, entred not in because of vnbeleefe:

7 Againe, hee limiteth a certaine day, saying in Dauid, To day, after so long a time; as it is saide, To day if ye will heare his voyce, harden not your hearts.

8 For if Iesus had giuen them rest, then would he not afterward haue spoken of another day.

9 There remaineth therefore a rest to the people of God.

10 For he that is entred into his rest, hee also hath ceased from his owne works, as God did from his.

11 Let vs labour therefore to enter into that rest, lest any man fall after the same example of vnbeleefe.

12 For the word of God is quicke and powerfull, and sharper then any two edged sword, pearcing euen to the diuiding asunder of soule and spirit, and of the ioynts and marrowe, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

13 Neither is there any creature that is not manifest in his sight: but all things are naked, and opened vnto the eyes of him with whome wee haue to doe.

14 Seeing then that wee haue a great high Priest, that is passed into the heauens, Iesus the Sonne of God, let vs hold fast our profession.

15 For wee haue not an high Priest which cannot bee touched with the feeling of our infirmities: but was in all points tempted like as we are, yet without sinne.

16 Let vs therefore come boldly vnto the throne of grace, that wee may obtaine mercy, and finde grace to helpe in time of need.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:34 am
Hebrews
Chapter 5

1 For euery high Priest taken from among men, is ordeined for men in things pertaining to God, that hee may offer both giftes & sacrifices for sins.

2 Who can haue compassion on the ignorant, and on them that are out of the way, for that he himselfe also is compassed with infirmitie.

3 And by reason heereof hee ought as for the people, so also for himselfe, to offer for sinnes.

4 And no man taketh this honour vnto himselfe, but hee that is called of God, as was Aaron.

5 So also, Christ glorified not himselfe, to bee made an High Priest: but hee that saide vnto him, Thou art my Sonne, to day haue I begotten thee.

6 As he saith also in another place, Thou art a Priest for euer after the order of Melchisedec.

7 Who in the dayes of his flesh, when hee had offered vp prayers and supplications, with strong crying and teares, vnto him that was able to saue him from death, and was heard, in that he feared.

8 Though hee were a Sonne, yet learned hee obedience, by the things which he suffered:

9 And being made perfect, he became the authour of eternall saluation vnto all them that obey him,

10 Called of God an high Priest after the order of Melchisedec:

11 Of whom we haue many things to say, and hard to be vttered, seeing ye are dull of hearing.

12 For when for the time yee ought to bee teachers, yee haue neede that one teach you againe which be the first principles of the Oracles of God, and are become such as haue need of milke, and not of strong meat.

13 For euery one that vseth milke, is vnskilful in the word of righteousnes: for he is a babe.

14 But strong meate belongeth to them that are of full age, euen those who by reason of vse haue their senses exercised to discerne both good and euil.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff