Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Kings James Bible (1611) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2019 2:49 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 6
Viewing the original 1611 KJV

1 Therefore leauing the principles of the doctrine of Christ, let vs goe on vnto perfection, not laying againe the foundation of repentance from dead workes, and of faith towards God,

2 Of the doctrine of Baptismes, and of laying on of hands, and of resurrection of the dead, and of eternall iudgement.

3 And this will we doe, if God permit.

4 For it is impossible for those who were once inlightned, and haue tasted of the heauenly gift, and were made partakers of the holy Ghost,

5 And haue tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come;

6 If they shall fall away, to renue them againe vnto repentance: seeing they crucifie to themselues the Sonne of God afresh, and put him to an open shame.

7 For the earth which drinketh in the raine that commeth oft vpon it, and bringeth forth herbes meet for them by whome it is dressed, receiueth blessing from God.

8 But that which beareth thornes and briers, is reiected, and is nigh vnto cursing, whose end is to be burned.

9 But beloued, wee are perswaded better things of you, and things that accompany saluation, though we thus speake.

10 For God is not vnrighteous, to forget your worke and labour of loue, which yee haue shewed toward his Name, in that yee haue ministred to the Saints, and doe minister.

11 And wee desire, that euery one of you doe shewe the same diligence, to the full assurance of hope vnto the ende:

12 That yee be not slothfull, but followers of them, who through faith and patience inherite the promises.

13 For when God made promise to Abraham, because hee could sweare by no greater, he sware by himselfe,

14 Saying, Surely, blessing I will blesse thee, and multiplying I wil multiply thee.

15 And so after he had patiently indured, he obtained the promise.

16 For men verily sweare by the greater, and an oath for confirmation is to them an end of all strife.

17 Wherein God willing more abundantly to shewe vnto the heyres of promise the immutabilitie of his counsell, confirmed it by an oath:

18 That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lye, wee might haue a strong consolation, who haue fled for refuge to lay hold vpon the hope set before vs.

19 Which hope we haue as an anker of the soule both sure and stedfast, and which entreth into that within the vaile,

20 Whither the forerunner is for vs entrrd; euen Iesus, made an high Priest for euer after the order of Melchisedec.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2019 11:46 am
Hebrews
Chapter 7

1 For this Melchisedec king of Salem, Priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the Kings, and blessed him:

2 To whom also Abraham gaue a tenth part of all: first being by interpretation king of righteousnesse, and after that also king of Salem, which is, king of peace.

3 Without father, without mother, without descent, hauing neither beginning of dayes nor end of life: but made like vnto the Sonne of God, abideth a Priest continually.

4 Now consider how great this man was, vnto whō euen the patriarch Abraham gaue the tenth of the spoiles.

5 And verily they that are of the sonnes of Leui, who receiue the office of the Priesthood, haue a commandement to take Tithes of the people according to the Law, that is of their brethren, though they come out of the loines of Abraham:

6 But he whose descent is not counted from them, receiued tithes of Abraham, and blessed him that had the promises.

7 And without all contradiction, the lesse is blessed of the better.

8 And here men that die receiue tithes: but there hee receiueth them, of whom it is witnessed that he liueth.

9 And as I may so say, Leui also who receiueth tithes, payed tithes in Abraham.

10 For hee was yet in the loynes of his Father when Melchisedec met him.

11 If therefore perfection were by the Leuiticall Priesthood (for vnder it the people receiued the Law) what further neede was there, that another Priest should rise after the order of Melchisedec, and not bee called after the order of Aaron?

12 For the Priesthood being chaunged, there is made of necessitie a change also of the Law.

13 For hee of whom these things are spoken, pertaineth to another tribe, of which no man gaue attendance at the Altar.

14 For it is euident that our Lorde sprang out of Iuda, of which tribe Moses spake nothing cōcerning Priesthood.

15 And it is yet farre more euident: for that after the similitude of Melchisedec there ariseth another Priest,

16 Who is made not after the Law of a carnall commandement, but after the power of an endles life.

17 For hee testifieth; Thou art a Priest for euer, after the order of Melchisedec.

18 For there is verily a disanulling of the commandement going before, for the weakenesse and vnprofitablenesse thereof.

19 For the Law made nothing perfect, but the bringing in of a better hope did: by the which wee draw nigh vnto God.

20 And in as much as not without an othe he was made Priest,

21 (For those Priests were made without an oath: but this with an oath, by him þt said vnto him, The Lord sware and wil not repent, thou art a Priest for euer after the order of Melchisedec)

22 By so much was Iesus made a suertie of a better Testament.

23 And they truely were many Priests, because they were not suffered to continue by reason of death.

24 But this man because hee continueth euer, hath an vnchangeable Priesthood.

25 Wherefore he is able also to saue them to the vttermost, that come vnto God by him, seeing hee euer liueth to make intercession for them.

26 For such an high Priest became vs, who is holy, harmelesse, vndefiled, separate from sinners, and made higher then the heauens.

27 Who needeth not daily, as those high Priests, to offer vp sacrifice, first for his owne sins and then for the peoples: for this he did once, when he offered vp himselfe.

28 For the Law maketh men high Priests which haue infirmitie, but the word of the othe which was since the Law, maketh the Sonne, who is consecrated for euermore.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2019 2:29 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 8

1 Now of the things which we haue spoken, this is the summe: wee haue such an high Priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Maiestie in the heauens:

2 A minister of the Sanctuary, and of the true Tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

3 For euery high Priest is ordeined to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessitie that this man haue somewhat also to offer.

4 For if he were on earth, he should not bee a Priest, seeing that there are Priests that offer gifts according to the Law:

5 Who serue vnto the example and shadow of heauenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the Tabernacle. For see (saith he) that thou make all things according to the paterne shewed to thee in the mount.

6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministerie, by how much also he is the Mediatour of a better Couenant, which was established vpon better promises.

7 For if that first Couenant had bene faultles, then should no place haue bene sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, hee saith, Behold, the dayes come (saith the Lord) when I will make a new couenant with the house of Israel, and the house of Iudah.

9 Not according to the Couenant that I made with their fathers, in the day when I tooke them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt, because they continued not in my Couenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the Couenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those dayes, saith the Lord: I wil put my Lawes into their minde, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shalbe to me a people.

11 And they shall not teach euery man his neighbour, and euery man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: For all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be mercifull to their vnrighteousnes, and their sins & their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new Couenant, he hath made the first olde. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old, is readie to vanish away.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2019 4:35 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 9

1 Then verily the first Couenant had also ordinances of diuine Seruice, and a worldly Sanctuary.

2 For there was a Tabernacle made, the first, wherein was the Candlesticke, and the Table, and the Shewbread, which is called the Sanctuarie.

3 And after the second vaile, the Tabernacle which is called þe Holiest of all:

4 Which had the golden Censor, and the Arke of the Couenant ouerlayed round about with gold, wherein was the Golden pot that had Manna, and Aarons rod that budded, and the Tables of the Couenant.

5 And ouer it the Cherubims of glory shadowing the Mercyseat; of which we cannot now speake particularly.

6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the Priestes went alwayes into the first Tabernacle, accomplishing the seruice of God.

7 But into the second went the high Priest alone once euery yeere, not without blood, which he offered for himselfe, and for the errors of the people.

8 The holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the Holiest of all, was not yet made manifest, while as the first Tabernacle was yet standing:

9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offred both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the seruice perfect, as pertayning to the conscience,

10 Which stood onely in meates and drinkes, and diuers washings, and carnall ordinances imposed on them vntill the time of reformation.

11 But Christ being come an high Priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect Tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building:

12 Neither by the blood of Goats and Calues: but by his owne blood hee entred in once into the Holy place, hauing obtained eternall redemption for vs.

13 For if the blood of Bulls, and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the vncleane, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit, offered himselfe without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead workes, to serue the liuing God?

15 And for this cause hee is the Mediatour of the New Testament, that by meanes of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were vnder the first Testament, they which are called, might receiue the promise of eternall inheritance.

16 For where a Testament is, there must also of necessitie bee the death of the Testatour.

17 For a Testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all whilest the Testatour liueth.

18 Whereupon, neither the first Testament was dedicated without blood.

19 For when Moses had spoken euery precept to all the people according to the Law, he tooke the blood of Calues and of Goates, with water and scarlet wooll, and hysope, and sprinckled both the booke and all the people,

20 Saying, This is the blood of the Testament which God hath enioyned vnto you.

21 Moreouer, hee sprinkled with blood both the Tabernacle, and all the vessels of the Ministery.

22 And almost all things are by the Law purged with blood: and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heauens should bee purified with these, but the heauenly things themselues with better sacrifices then these.

24 For Christ is not entred into the Holy places made with handes, which are the figures of the true, but into heauen it selfe, now to appeare in the presence of God for vs.

25 Nor yet that he should offer himselfe often, as the high Priest entreth into the Holy place, euery yeere with blood of others:

26 For then must hee often haue suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world, hath he appeared to put away sinne by the sacrifice of himselfe.

27 And as it is appointed vnto men once to die, but after this the Iudgement:

28 So Christ was once offered to beare the sinnes of many, & vnto them that looke for him shall hee appeare the second time without sinne, vnto saluation.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:27 am
Hebrews
Chapter 10

1 For the Law hauing a shadow of good things to come, and not the very Image of the things, can neuer with those sacrifices which they offered yeere by yeere continually, make the commers thereunto perfect:

2 For then would they not haue ceased to be offered, because that the worshippers once purged, should haue had no more conscience of sinnes?

3 But in those sacrifices there is a remembrance againe made of sinnes euery yeere.

4 For it is not possible that the blood of Bulles and of Goats, should take away sinnes.

5 Wherefore when hee commeth into the world, he saith, Sacrifice and offering thou wouldest not, but a body hast thou prepared mee:

6 In burnt offerings, and sacrifices for sinne thou hast had no pleasure:

7 Then said I, Loe, I come. (In the volume of the booke it is written of me) to doe thy will, O God.

8 Aboue when hee said, Sacrifice, and offering, and burnt offerings, and offering for sinne thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein, which are offered by the Law:

9 Then said he, Loe, I come to doe thy will (O God:.) He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.

10 By the which will wee are sanctified, through the offering of the body of Iesus Christ once for all.

11 And euery Priest standeth dayly ministring and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices which can neuer take away sinnes.

12 But this man after he had offered one sacrifice for sinnes for euer, sate downe on the right hand of God,

13 From henceforth expecting till his enemies be made his footstoole.

14 For by one offering hee hath perfected for euer them that are sanctified.

15 Whereof the holy Ghost also is a witnesse to vs: for after that he had said before,

16 This is the Couenant that I wil make with them after those dayes, saith the Lord: I will put my Lawes into their hearts, and in their mindes will I write them:

17 And their sinnes and iniquities will I remember no more.

18 Now, where remission of these is, there is no more offering for sinne.

19 Hauing therefore, brethren, boldnesse to enter into the Holiest by the blood of Iesus,

20 By a new and liuing way which hee hath consecrated for vs, through the vaile, that is to say, His flesh:

21 And hauing an high Priest ouer the house of God:

22 Let vs drawe neere with a true heart in full assurance of faith, hauing our hearts sprinkled from an euill conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water.

23 Let vs hold fast the profession of our faith without wauering (for he is faithfull that promised)

24 And let vs consider one another to prouoke vnto loue, and to good workes:

25 Not forsaking the assembling of our selues together, as the manner of some is: but exhorting one another, and so much the more, as ye see the day approching.

26 For if we sinne wilfully after that we haue receiued the knowledge of the trueth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sinnes,

27 But a certaine fearefull looking for of iudgement, and fiery indignation, which shall deuoure the aduersaries.

28 Hee that despised Moses Lawe, died without mercy, vnder two or three witnesses.

29 Of how much sorer punishment suppose ye, shall hee be thought worthy, who hath troden vnder foote þe Sonne of God, and hath counted the blood of the couenant wherwith he was sanctified, an vnholy thing, and hath done despite vnto the spirit of grace?

30 For we know him that hath said, Uengeance belongeth vnto me, I wil recompence, saith the Lord: and again, The Lord shall iudge his people.

31 It is a fearefull thing to fall into the hands of the liuing God.

32 But call to remembrance the former dayes, in which after yee were illuminated, ye indured a great fight of afflictions:

33 Partly whilest ye were made a gazing stocke both by reproches & afflictions, and partly whilest ye became companions of them that were so vsed.

34 For yee had compassion of me in my bonds, and tooke ioyfully the spoyling of your goods, knowing in your selues that yee haue in heauen a better and an induring substance.

35 Cast not away therfore your confidence which hath great recompense of reward.

36 For ye haue need of patience, that shall after ye haue done the will of God ye might receiue the promise.

37 For yet a litle while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tary.

38 Now the iust shall liue by faith: but if any man drawe backe, my soule shall haue no pleasure in him.

39 But wee are not of them who draw backe vnto perdition: but of them that beleeue, to the sauing of the soule.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:57 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 11

1 Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the euidence of things not seen.

2 For by it the Elders obtained a good report.

3 Through faith we vnderstand that the worlds were framed by the word of God, so that things which are seene were not made of things which doe appeare.

4 By faith Abel offered vnto God a more excellent sacrifice then Kain, by which he obtained witnes that he was righteous, God testifying of his gifts: and by it he being dead, yet speaketh.

5 By faith Enoch was translated, that he should not see death, and was not found, because God had translated him: For before his translation he had this testimonie, that he pleased God.

6 But without faith it is impossible to please him: for hee that commeth to God, must beleeue that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seeke him.

7 By faith Noah being warned of God of things not seene as yet, moued with feare, prepared an Arke to the sauing of his house, by the which he condemned the world, and became heire of the righteousnesse which is by faith.

8 By faith Abraham when he was called to goe out into a place which hee should after receiue for an inheritance, obeyed, and he went out, not knowing whither he went.

9 By faith hee soiourned in the land of promise, as in a strange countrey, dwelling in tabernacles with Isaac and Iacob, the heires with him of the same promise.

10 For hee looked for a citie which hath foundations, whose builder and maker is God.

11 Through faith also Sara her selfe receiued strength to conceiue seede, and was deliuered of a child when she was past age, because she iudged him faithful who had promised.

12 Therfore sprang there euen of one, and him as good as dead, so many as the starres of the skie in multitude, and as the sand which is by the sea shore innumerable.

13 These all died in faith, not hauing receiued the promises, but hauing seene them a farre off, and were perswaded of them, and embraced them, and confessed that they were strangers and pilgrims on the earth.

14 For they that say such things, declare plainly that they seeke a countrey.

15 And truly if they had been mindfull of that countrey, from whence they came out, they might haue had opportunitie to haue returned:

16 But now they desire a better countrey, that is, an heauenly: wherefore God is not ashamed to bee called their God: for he hath prepared for thē a city.

17 By faith Abraham when he was tried, offered vp Isaac: and he that had receiued the promises, offered vp his onely begotten sonne,

18 Of whom it was said, That, in Isaac shall thy seed be called:

19 Accounting that God was able to raise him vp, euen from the dead: from whence also he receiued him in a figure.

20 By faith Isaac blessed Iacob and Esau concerning things to come.

21 By faith Iacob when hee was a dying, blessed both the sonnes of Ioseph, and worshipped leaning vpon the top of his staffe.

22 By faith, Ioseph when hee died, made mention of the departing of the children of Israel: and gaue commandement concerning his bones.

23 By faith; Moses when hee was borne was hid three moneths of his parents, because they saw he was a proper childe, and they not afraid of the Kings commandement.

24 By faith Moses when hee was come to yeeres, refused to bee called the sonne of Pharaohs daughter,

25 Chusing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, then to enioy the pleasures of sinne for a season:

26 Esteeming the reproch of Christ greater riches then the treasures in Egypt: for he had respect vnto the recompense of the reward.

27 By faith hee forsooke Egypt, not fearing the wrath of the king: for he indured, as seeing him who is inuisible.

28 Through faith he kept the Passeouer, and the sprinkling of blood, lest he that destroyed the first borne, should touch them.

29 By faith they passed through the red sea, as by drie land: which the Egyptians assaying to do, were drowned.

30 By faith the walles of Iericho fell downe, after they were compassed about seuen dayes.

31 By faith the harlot Rahab perished not with them that beleeued not, when shee had receiued the spies with peace.

32 And what shall I more say? for the time would faile mee to tell of Gideon, and of Barak, and of Sampson, and of Iephthah, of Dauid also and Samuel, and of the Prophets:

33 Who through faith subdued kingdomes, wrought righteousnesse, obteined promises, stopped the mouthes of Lions,

34 Quenched the violence of fire, escaped the edge of the sword, out of weakenesse were made strong, waxed valiant in fight, turned to flight the armies of the aliens.

35 Women receiued their dead raised to life againe: and others were tortured, not accepting deliuerance, that they might obtaine a better resurrection.

36 And others had triall of cruell mockings and scourgings, yea moreouer, of bonds and imprisonment.

37 They were stoned, they were sawen asunder, were tempted, were slaine with the sword: they wandered about in sheepskinnes, and goat skins, being destitute, afflicted, tormented.

38 Of whome the world was not worthy: they wandered in deserts, and in mountains, and in dennes and caues of the earth.

39 And these all hauing obtained a good report through faith, receiued not the promise:

40 God hauing prouided some better thing for vs, that they without vs, should not be made perfect.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:28 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 12

1 Wherefore, seeing wee also are compassed about with so great a cloude of witnesses, let vs lay aside euery weight, & the sinne which doth so easily beset vs, and let vs runne with patience vnto the race that is set before vs,

2 Looking vnto Iesus the Authour and finisher of our faith, who for the ioy that was set before him, endured the crosse, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.

3 For consider him that indured such contradiction of sinners against himselfe, lest ye be wearied and faint in your mindes.

4 Yee haue not yet resisted vnto blood, striuing against sinne.

5 And ye haue forgotten the exhortation which speaketh vnto you as vnto children, My sonne, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him.

6 For whome the Lord loueth hee chasteneth, and scourgeth euery sonne whom he receiueth.

7 If yee endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sonnes: for what sonne is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sonnes.

9 Furthermore, wee haue had fathers of our flesh, which corrected vs, and we gaue them reuerence: shall we not much rather bee in subiection vnto the Father of Spirits, and liue?

10 For they verily for a fewe dayes chastened vs after their owne pleasure, but hee for our profit, that we might bee partakers of his holinesse.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be ioyous, but grieuous: neuerthelesse, afterward it yeeldeth the peaceable fruite of righteousnesse, vnto them which are exercised thereby.

12 Wherefore lift vp the handes which hang downe, and the feeble knees.

13 And make straight paths for your feete, lest that which is lame bee turned out of the way, but let it rather bee healed.

14 Followe peace with all men, and holinesse, without which no man shall see the Lord:

15 Looking diligently, lest any man faile of the grace of God, lest any roote of bitternesse springing vp, trouble you, and thereby many be defiled:

16 Lest there bee any fornicatour, or profane person, as Esau, who for one morsell of meat sold his birthright.

17 For yee know how that afterward when hee would haue inherited the blessing, hee was reiected: for hee found no place of repentance, though he sought it carefully with teares.

18 For yee are not come vnto the mount that might be touched, and that burned with fire, nor vnto blacknesse, and darknes, and tempest,

19 And the sound of a trumpet, and the voyce of wordes, which voyce they that heard, entreated that the word should not bee spoken to them any more.

20 For they could not indure that which was commaunded: And if so much as a beast touch the Mountaine, it shall be stoned, or thrust thorow with a dart.

21 And so terrible was the sight, that Moses sayde, I exceedingly feare, and quake.

22 But ye are come vnto mount Sion, and vnto the citie of the liuing God the heauenly Ierusalem, and to an innumerable company of Angels:

23 To the generall assembly, and Church of the first borne which are written in heauen, and to God the Iudge of all, and to the spirits of iust men made perfect:

24 And to Iesus the mediatour of the new Couenant, and to the blood of sprinckling, that speaketh better things then that of Abel.

25 See that yee refuse not him that speaketh: for if they escaped not who refused him that spake on earth, much more shall not we escape if wee turne away from him that speaketh from heauen.

26 Whose voice then shooke the earth, but now he hath promised, saying, Yet once more I shake not the earth onely, but also heauen.

27 And this word Yet once more, signifieth the remouing of those things that are shaken, as of things that are made, that those things which cannot be shaken may remaine.

28 Wherefore wee receiuing a kingdome which cannot bee moued, let vs haue grace, whereby wee may serue God acceptably, with reuerence and godly feare.

29 For our God is a consuming fire.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:00 pm
Hebrews
Chapter 13

1 Let brotherly loue continue.

2 Bee not forgetfull to entertaine strangers, for thereby some haue entertayned Angels vnawares.

3 Remember them that are in bonds, as bound with them; and them which suffer aduersitie, as being your selues also in the body.

4 Mariage is honorable in all, and the bed vndefiled: but whoremongers, and adulterers God will iudge.

5 Let your conuersation bee without couetousnesse: and be content with such things as yee haue. For hee hath said, I will neuer leaue thee, nor forsake thee.

6 So that wee may boldly say, The Lord is my helper, and I will not feare what man shall doe vnto me.

7 Remember them which haue the rule ouer you, who haue spoken vnto you the word of God, whose faith follow, considering the end of their conuersation.

8 Iesus Christ the same yesterday, and to day, and for euer.

9 Be not caried about with diuers and strange doctrines: for it is a good thing that the heart be established with grace, not with meates, which haue not profited them that haue beene occupied therein.

10 Wee haue an altar whereof they haue no right to eate, which serue the Tabernacle.

11 For the bodies of those beasts, whose blood is brought into the Sanctuary by the high Priest for sinne, are burnt without the campe.

12 Wherefore Iesus also, that hee might sanctifie the people with his own blood, suffered without the gate.

13 Let vs goe foorth therefore vnto him without the campe, bearing his reproch.

14 For here haue we no continuing citie, but we seeke one to come.

15 By him therefore let vs offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lippes, giuing thankes to his Name.

16 But to doe good, and to communicate forget not, for with such sacrifices God is well pleased.

17 Obey them that haue the rule ouer you, and submit your selues: for they watch for your soules, as they that must giue account, that they may doe it with ioy, and not with griefe: for that is vnprofitable for you.

18 Pray for vs: for we trust wee haue a good conscience in all things, willing to liue honestly.

19 But I beseech you the rather to doe this, that I may be restored to you the sooner.

20 Now the God of peace, that brought againe from the dead our Lord Iesus, that great shepheard of the sheepe, through the blood of the euerlasting Couenant,

21 Make you perfect in euery good worke to doe his will, working in you that which is well pleasing in his sight, through Iesus Christ, to whom be glorie for euer and euer. Amen.

22 And I beseech you brethren, suffer the word of exhortation, for I haue written a letter vnto you in few words.

23 Know yee, that our brother Timothie is set at libertie, with whom if he come shortly, I will see you.

24 Salute all them that haue the rule ouer you, and al the Saints. They of Italy salute you.

25 Grace be with you all. Amen. Written to the Hebrewes, from Italy, by Timothie.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Apr 22, 2019 6:25 pm
James
Chapter 1

1 Iames a seruant of God, and of the Lord Iesus Christ, to the twelue Tribes which are scattered abroad, greeting.

2 My brethren, count it all ioy when ye fall into diuers temptations,

3 Knowing this, that the trying of your faith worketh patience,

4 But let patience haue her perfect worke, that ye may be perfect, and entier, wanting nothing.

5 If any of you lacke wisedome, let him aske of God, that giueth to all men liberally, and vpbraideth not: and it shalbe giuen him.

6 But let him aske in faith, nothing wauering: for he that wauereth is like a waue of the sea, driuen with the wind, and tossed.

7 For let not that man thinke that he shall receiue any thing of the Lord.

8 A double minded man is vnstable in all his wayes.

9 Let the brother of low degree, reioyce in that he is exalted:

10 But the rich, in that hee is made low: because as the floure of the grasse he shall passe away.

11 For the Sunne is no sooner risen with a burning heate, but it withereth the grasse; and the flowre thereof falleth, and the grace of the fashion of it perisheth: so also shall the rich man fade away in his wayes.

12 Blessed is the man that endureth temptation: for when hee is tried, hee shall receiue the crowne of life, which the Lord hath promised to them that loue him.

13 Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with euill, neither tempteth he any man.

14 But euery man is tempted, when hee is drawen away of his owne lust, and entised.

15 Then when lust hath conceiued, it bringeth forth sinne: and sinne, when it is finished, bringeth forth death.

16 Doe not erre, my beloued brethren.

17 Euery good gift, and euery perfect gift is from aboue, & commeth downe from the Father of lights, with whom is no variablenesse, neither shadow of turning.

18 Of his owne will begate hee vs, with the word of Trueth, that wee should bee a kinde of first fruites of his creatures.

19 Wherefore my beloued brethren, let euery man bee swift to heare, slow to speake, slow to wrath.

20 For the wrath of man worketh not the righteousnesse of God.

21 Wherefore lay apart all filthinesse, and superfluitie of naughtinesse, & receiue with meeknesse the engrafted word, which is able to saue your soules.

22 But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers onely, receiuing your owne selues.

23 For if any be a hearer of the word and not a doer, he is like vnto a man beholding his naturall face in a glasse:

24 For hee beholdeth himselfe, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what maner of man he was.

25 But who so looketh into the perfect Law of libertie, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetfull hearer, but a doer of the worke, this man shall be blessed in his deed.

26 If any man among you seeme to be religious, & bridleth not his tongue, but deceiueth his owne heart, this mans religion is vaine.

27 Pure religion and vndefiled before God and the Facher, is this, to visit the fatherlesse and widowes in their affliction, and to keepe himselfe vnspotted from the world.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:16 pm
James
Chapter 2

1 My brethren, haue not the faith of our Lord Iesus Christ the Lord of glorie, with respect of persons.

2 For if there come vnto your assembly a man with a gold ring, in goodly apparel, and there come in also a poore man, in vile raiment:

3 And yee haue respect to him that weareth the gay clothing, and say vnto him, Sit thou here in a good place: and say to the poore, Stand thou there, or sit here vnder my footstoole:

4 Are yee not then partiall in your selues, and are become iudges of euill thoughts?

5 Hearken, my beloued brethren, Hath not God chosen the poore of this world, rich in faith, and heires of the kingdome, which hee hath promised to them that loue him?

6 But yee haue despised the poore. Doe not rich men oppresse you, and draw you before the Iudgement seats?

7 Doe not they blaspheme that worthy Name, by the which ye are called?

8 If ye fulfil the royall Law, according to the Scripture, Thou shalt loue thy neighbour as thy selfe, ye doe well.

9 But if ye haue respect to persons, ye commit sinne, and are conuinced of the Law, as transgressours.

10 For whosoeuer shall keepe the whole Law, & yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.

11 For he that said, Doe not commit adultery; sayd also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressour of the Law.

12 So speake ye, and so doe, as they that shall bee iudged by the Law of libertie.

13 For he shall haue iudgement without mercie, that hath shewed no mercy, & mercie reioyceth against iudgement.

14 What doth it profit, my brethren, though a man say hee hath faith, and haue not workes? can faith saue him?

15 If a brother or sister be naked, and destitute of dayly foode,

16 And one of you say vnto them, Depart in peace, be you warmed & filled: notwithstanding ye giue them not those things which are needfull to the body: what doth it profit?

17 Euen so faith, if it hath not works, is dead being alone.

18 Yea, a man may say, Thou hast faith, and I haue workes: shew mee thy faith without thy workes, and I will shew thee my faith by my workes.

19 Thou beleeuest that there is one God, thou doest well: the deuils also beleeue, and tremble.

20 But wilt thou knowe, O vaine man, that faith without workes is dead?

21 Was not Abraham our father iustified by works, when hee had offered Isaac his sonne vpon the altar?

22 Seest thou how faith wrought with his works, and by works was faith made perfect?

23 And the Scripture was fullfiled which saith, Abraham beleeued God, and it was imputed vnto him for righteousnes: and he was called the friend of God.

24 Ye see then, how that by workes a man is iustified, and not by faith only.

25 Likewise also, was not Rahab the harlot iustified by works, when she had receiued the messengers, and had sent them out another way?

26 For as the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without workes is dead also.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:28 pm
James
Chapter 3

1 My brethren, bee not many masters, knowing that we shall receiue the greater condemnation.

2 For in many things we offend all. If any man offend not in word, the same is a perfect man, and able also to bridle the whole body.

3 Behold, we put bittes in the horses mouthes, that they may obey vs, and we turne about their whole body.

4 Behold also the ships, which though they be so great, and are driuen of fierce windes, yet are they turned about with a very small helme, whithersoeuer the gouernour listeth.

5 Euen so the tongue is a little member, and boasteth great things: behold, how great a matter a litle fire kindleth.

6 And the tongue is a fire, a world of iniquitie: so is the tongue amongst our members, that it defileth the whole body, and setteth on fire the course of nature, and it is set on fire of hell.

7 For euery kind of beasts, and of birds, and of serpents, and things in the sea, is tamed, and hath been tamed of mankind.

8 But the tongue can no man tame, it is an vnruly euill, ful of deadly poyson.

9 Therewith blesse wee God, euen the Father: and therewith curse wee men, which are made after the similitude of God.

10 Out of the same mouth proceedeth blessing and cursing: my brethren, these things ought not so to be.

11 Doeth a fountaine send foorth at the same place sweet water and bitter?

12 Can þe figtree, my brethren, beare oliue berries? either a vine, figs? so can no fountaine both yeeld salt water & fresh.

13 Who is a wise man and indued with knowledge amongst you? let him shew out of a good conuersation his workes with meekenes of wisedome.

14 But if ye haue bitter enuying and strife in your hearts glory not, and lie not against the trueth.

15 This wisedome descendeth not from aboue, but is earthly, sensuall, deuilish.

16 For where enuying and strife is, there is confusion, and euery euill worke.

17 But the wisedome that is from aboue, is first pure, then peaceable, gentle, and easie to be intreated, full of mercy, and good fruits, without partialitie, and without hypocrisie.

18 And the fruit of righteousnesse is sowen in peace, of them that make peace.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 25, 2019 5:30 pm
James
Chapter 4

1 From whence come warres and fightings among you? come they not hence, euen of your lusts, that warre in your members?

2 Ye lust, and haue not: yee kill, and desire to haue, and cannot obtaine: yee fight and warre, yet yee haue not, because ye aske not.

3 Ye aske and receiue not, because ye aske amisse, that yee may consume it vpon your lusts.

4 Ye adulterers, and adulteresses, know yee not that the friendship of the world is enmity with God? whosoeuer therefore will be a friend of the world, is the enemy of God.

5 Doe ye thinke that the Scripture saith in vaine, the spirit that dwelleth in vs lusteth to enuy?

6 But he giueth more grace, wherefore he saith, God resisteth the proude, but giueth grace vnto the humble.

7 Submit your selues therefore to God: resist the deuill, and hee will flee from you.

8 Draw nigh to God, and hee will draw nigh to you: cleanse your hands ye sinners, and purifie your hearts yee double minded.

9 Bee afflicted, and mourne, and weepe: let your laughter be turned to mourning, and your ioy to heauinesse.

10 Humble your selues in the sight of the Lord, and he shall lift you vp.

11 Speake not euill one of another (brethren:.) he that speaketh euill of his brother, and iudgeth his brother, speaketh euill of the Law, and iudgeth the Law: but if thou iudge the Law, thou art not a doer of the Law, but a iudge.

12 There is one Lawgiuer, who is able to saue, and to destroy: who art thou that iudgest another?

13 Goe to now ye that say, To day or to morrow wee will goe into such a city and continue there a yere, and buy, and sell, and get gaine:

14 Whereas yee know not what shalbe on the morow: for what is your life? It is euen a vapour that appeareth for a litle time, and then vanisheth away.

15 For that yee ought to say, if the Lord will, we shall liue, and doe this, or that.

16 But now yee reioyce in your boastings: all such reioycing is euill.

17 Therefore to him that knoweth to doe good, and doth it not, to him it is sinne.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2019 4:49 pm
James
Chapter 5

1 Goe to now, yee rich men, weepe and howle for your miseries that shall come vpon you.

2 Your riches are corrupted, and your garments motheaten:

3 Your gold and siluer is cankered, and the rust of them shall bee a witnesse against you, and shall eate your flesh as it were fire: ye haue heaped treasure together for the last dayes.

4 Beholde, the hire of the labourers which haue reaped downe your fieldes, which is of you kept backe by fraud, cryeth: and the cryes of them which haue reaped, are entred into the eares of the Lord of Sabaoth.

5 Yee haue liued in pleasure on the earth, and bene wanton: ye haue nourished your hearts, as in a day of slaughter:

6 Yee haue condemned, and killed the iust, and he doth not resist you.

7 Be patient therefore, brethren, vnto the comming of the Lord: behold, the husbandman waiteth for the precious fruit of the earth, and hath long patience for it, vntill hee receiue the early and latter raine.

8 Be yee also patient; stablish your hearts: for the comming of the Lorde draweth nigh.

9 Grudge not one against another, brethren, lest ye be condemned: behold, the Iudge standeth before the doore.

10 Take, my brethren, the Prophets, who haue spoken in the Name of the Lord, for an example of suffering affliction, and of patience.

11 Beholde, wee count them happie which endure. Ye haue heard of the patience of Iob, and haue seene the end of the Lord: that the Lord is very pitifull and of tender mercie.

12 But aboue all things, my brethren, sweare not, neither by heauen, neither by the earth, neither by any other othe: but let your yea, be yea, and your nay, nay: lest yee fall into condemnation.

13 Is any among you afflicted? let him pray. Is any merry? let him sing Psalmes.

14 Is any sicke among you? let him call for the Elders of the Church, and let them pray ouer him, anointing him with oyle in the Name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of Faith shall saue the sicke, and the Lord shall raise him vp: and if hee haue committed sinnes, they shall be forgiuen him.

16 Confesse your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that yee may bee healed: the effectuall feruent prayer of a righteous man auaileth much.

17 Elias was a man subiect to like passions as we are, and he prayed earnestly that it might not raine: and it rained not on the earth by the space of three yeeres and sixe monethes.

18 And hee prayed againe, and the heauen gaue raine, and the earth brought foorth her fruit.

19 Brethren, if any of you doe erre from the trueth, and one conuert him,

20 Let him know, that hee which conuerteth the sinner from the errour of his way, shall saue a soule from death, and shall hide a multitude of sinnes.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:15 pm
1 Peter
Chapter 1

1 Peter an Apostle of Iesus Christ, to the strangers scattred thorowout Pontus, Galatia, Cappadocia, Asia, and Bithynia,

2 Elect, according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through sanctification of the Spirit vnto obedience, and sprinkling of the blood of Iesus Christ: Grace vnto you and peace be multiplied.

3 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Iesus Christ, which according to his abundant mercy, hath begotten vs againe vnto a liuely hope, by the resurrection of Iesus Christ from the dead,

4 To an inheritance incorruptible, and vndefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserued in heauen for you,

5 Who are kept by the power of God through faith vnto saluation, ready to be reuealed in the last time.

6 Wherin ye greatly reioyce, though now for a season (if neede bee) yee are in heauinesse through manifolde temptations:

7 That the triall of your faith, being much more precious then of golde that perisheth, though it bee tryed with fire, might be found vnto praise, and honor, and glory, at the appearing of Iesus Christ:

8 Whom hauing not seene, yee loue, in whom though now ye see him not, yet beleeuing, ye reioyce with ioy vnspeakeable, and full of glory,

9 Receiuing the ende of your faith, euen the saluation of your soules:

10 Of which saluation the Prophets haue inquired, and searched diligently, who prophesied of the grace that should come vnto you,

11 Searching what, or what maner of time the Spirit of Christ which was in them did signifie, when it testified beforehand the suffrings of Christ, and the glory that should follow.

12 Unto whome it was reuealed, that not vnto themselues, but vnto vs, they did minister the things which are now reported vnto you, by them that haue preached the Gospel vnto you, with the holy Ghost sent downe from heauen, which things the Angels desire to looke into.

13 Wherefore gird vp the loynes of your minde, bee sober, and hope to the end, for the grace that is to bee brought vnto you at the reuelation of Iesus Christ:

14 As obedient children, not fashioning your selues according to the former lusts, in your ignorance:

15 But as hee which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all maner of conuersation;

16 Because it is written, Be ye holy, for I am holy.

17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons iudgeth according to euery mans worke, passe the time of your soiourning here in feare:

18 For as much as ye know that yee were not redeemed with corruptible things, as siluer and golde, from your vaine conuersation receiued by tradition from your fathers;

19 But with the precious blood of Christ, as of a Lambe without blemish and without spot,

20 Who verily was foreordeined before the foundation of the world, but was manifest in these last times for you.

21 Who by him do beleeue in God that raised him vp from the dead, and gaue him glorie, that your faith and hope might be in God.

22 Seeing yee haue purified your soules in obeying the truth through the Spirit, vnto vnfained loue of the brethren: see that ye loue one another with a pure heart feruently,

23 Being borne againe, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the word of God which liueth and abideth for euer.

24 For all flesh is as grasse, and all the glory of man as the flowre of grasse: the grasse withereth, and the flowre thereof falleth away.

25 But the word of the Lord endureth for euer: & this is the word which by the Gospel is preached vnto you.

Bible guild Mule
Captain

Bible guild Mule
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Apr 28, 2019 5:33 pm
1 Peter
Chapter 2

1 Wherefore laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and enuies, and euill speakings,

2 As new borne babes desire the sincere milke of the word, that ye may grow thereby,

3 If so bee yee haue tasted that the Lord is gracious.

4 To whom comming as vnto a liuing Stone, disallowed in deed of men, but chosen of God, and precious,

5 Ye also as liuely stones, are built vp a spirituall house, an holy Priesthood to offer vp spirituall sacrifice, acceptable to God by Iesus Christ.

6 Wherefore it is conteined in the Scripture, Beholde, I lay in Sion a chiefe corner stone, elect, precious, and he that beleeueth on him, shall not be confounded.

7 Unto you therfore which beleeue hee is precious; but vnto them which be disobedient, the stone which the builders disallowed, the same is made the head of the corner,

8 And a Stone of stumbling, and a Rocke of offence, euen to them which stumble at the word, being disobedient, whereunto also they were appointed.

9 But yee are a chosen generation, a royall Priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people, that yee should shewe forth the praises of him, who hath called you out of darknes into his marueilous light:

10 Which in time past were not a people, but are now the people of God: which had not obteined mercie, but now haue obteined mercy.

11 Dearely beloued, I beseech you as strangers and pilgrimes, abstaine from fleshly lusts, which warre against the soule,

12 Hauing your conuersation honest among the Gentiles, that whereas they speake against you as euill doers, they may by your good works which they shall behold, glorifie God in the day of visitation.

13 Submit your selues to euery ordinance of man for the Lordes sake, whether it be to the King, as supreme,

14 Or vnto gouernours, as vnto them that are sent by him, for the punishment of euil doers, and for the praise of them that doe well.

15 For so is the will of God, that with well doing yee may put to silence the ignorance of foolish men.

16 As free, and not vsing your libertie for a cloake of maliciousnesse, but as the seruants of God.

17 Honour all men. Loue the brotherhood. Feare God. Honour the King.

18 Seruants, be subiect to your masters with al feare, not only to the good and gentle, but also to the froward.

19 For this is thanke-worthie, if a man for conscience toward God endure griefe, suffering wrongfully.

20 For what glory is it, if when yee be buffeted for your faults, ye shall take it patiently: but if when yee doe well, and suffer for it, ye take it patiently, this is acceptable with God.

21 For euen hereunto were ye called: because Christ also suffered for vs, leauing vs an example, that yee should follow his steps.

22 Who did no sinne, neither was guile found in his mouth.

23 Who when hee was reuiled, reuiled not againe; when hee suffered, hee threatned not, but committed himselfe to him that iudgeth righteously.

24 Who his owne selfe bare our sinnes in his owne body on the tree, that wee being dead to sinnes, should liue vnto righteousnesse, by whose stripes ye were healed.

25 For yee were as sheepe going astray, but are now returned vnto the shepheard and Bishop of your soules.

The Bible

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 75 76 77 78 79 80 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff