Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
UK; has approved genetically editing human embryos

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:38 am
For the first time in history, a government has approved genetically editing human embryos

IVF = In vitro fertilization  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 6:20 am
I may not have read the article, but...

Let us remember--man may do something to the human's earthly body (helpful or harmful), but it is God who makes the soul. And we have free will to use our lives either for or against God's glory.  

D-BoyTheFighter

Blessed Lionheart

16,775 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Fusion Expert 300

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 10:08 am
The many "'off-target' effects" is their warning that altering what God has designed will just lead to more diseases and malfunction. :l

If they want to prevent disease and miscarriages, God already told them the way:

• Exodus 23:22-26 (NIV)

22 If you listen carefully to what he says and do all that I say, I will be an enemy to your enemies and will oppose those who oppose you. 23 My angel will go ahead of you and bring you into the land of the Amorites, Hittites, Perizzites, Canaanites, Hivites and Jebusites, and I will wipe them out. 24 Do not bow down before their gods or worship them or follow their practices. You must demolish them and break their sacred stones to pieces. 25 Worship the Lord your God, and his blessing will be on your food and water. I will take away sickness from among you, 26 and none will miscarry or be barren in your land. I will give you a full life span.

• Deuteronomy 7:11-15 (NIV)

11 Therefore, take care to follow the commands, decrees and laws I give you today.

12 If you pay attention to these laws and are careful to follow them, then the Lord your God will keep his covenant of love with you, as he swore to your ancestors. 13 He will love you and bless you and increase your numbers. He will bless the fruit of your womb, the crops of your land—your grain, new wine and olive oil—the calves of your herds and the lambs of your flocks in the land he swore to your ancestors to give you. 14 You will be blessed more than any other people; none of your men or women will be childless, nor will any of your livestock be without young. 15 The Lord will keep you free from every disease. He will not inflict on you the horrible diseases you knew in Egypt, but he will inflict them on all who hate you.

On the contrary,

• Deuteronomy 28:58-61 (NIV)

58 If you do not carefully follow all the words of this law, which are written in this book, and do not revere this glorious and awesome name—the Lord your God— 59 the Lord will send fearful plagues on you and your descendants, harsh and prolonged disasters, and severe and lingering illnesses. 60 He will bring on you all the diseases of Egypt that you dreaded, and they will cling to you. 61 The Lord will also bring on you every kind of sickness and disaster not recorded in this Book of the Law, until you are destroyed.

Even new diseases not written down...it's happening.

Our Heavenly Father's commands are the proper interaction wit his creation. Interact improperly (break a command), you cause disease in someone or something—whether biological/physical dis-ease or emotional dis-ease (in many cases both).

The hostility in their flesh won't allow them to submit to God's commands though; they need to be circumcised of their fleshly nature and have their hearts circumcised through Jesus in order to be capable of submitting to the Father's commands.

• Romans 8:7-9 (NIV)

7 The mind governed by the flesh is hostile to God; it does not submit to God’s law, nor can it do so. 8 Those who are in the realm of the flesh cannot please God.

9 You, however, are not in the realm of the flesh but are in the realm of the Spirit, if indeed the Spirit of God lives in you. And if anyone does not have the Spirit of Christ, they do not belong to Christ.

• Ezekiel 36:27 (NIV)

27 And I will put my Spirit in you and move you to follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws.

I don't understand what YHWH is doing with this—unless: it's just him allowing mankind to have their way, and see the direct suffering they cause when they don't obey their Creator. idea

News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games