Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Who are you going to Cosplay in 2016 Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:49 pm
Who are you going to Cosplay in 2016

With a new year on it's way their are new Conventions to go to and Cosplay outfits to wear to them. Let us know what characters you are going to Cosplay this year and at what conventions. If you have already gone to cons in January include those outfits as well.

As for myself I will be going to Shuto Con, Jafax, and Youmacon 2016. All in Michigan. I will be cosplaying Syaoran from Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles this year again at 1 or more of the cons listed.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2016 10:54 pm
I'm 90% done with my Kallen from Code Geass cosplay for next weekend, and I'm planning on cosplaying Tailor Shop on Enbizaka Luka for possibly Anime Boston.  

hoshiokashi

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:01 pm
hoshiokashi
I'm 90% done with my Kallen from Code Geass cosplay for next weekend, and I'm planning on cosplaying Tailor Shop on Enbizaka Luka for possibly Anime Boston.

I really like the Code Geass Anime series. If you are able to post some photos of your finished creation. Have a great time at both cons!!  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:55 am
As of now my cosplay list in short because of school work and money availability, but also because there's not many events I'm going to this year. Tora Con is in April, Saturday I'm cosplaying Chara from Undertale and the Sunday I will be Jasper from Steven Universe. (I hope Jasper will be done in time.)
The only other event I know for sure that I'm going to is Snowfest in December, which I might be a casual Inuyasha for.
I maaaay be going to colassal con ? If I have money for the hotel and I don't have too much school work. I have no idea what I'd do for any of those doays though.

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

Rurouni_Fear

Hygienic Friend

PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:54 am
As of right now my only plan is to cosplay Anime Expo in July. I've been procrastinating but I want to do a Fire Emblem Fates character probably a Hoshido side character (being Japanese helps XP). It will be one of my more ambitious cosplay as most of those are some kind of traditional Japanese garb along with armor pieces and maybe a wig. I will post pictures if I succeed and try to take some progress shots.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 16, 2016 8:28 pm
nerdiepi
As of now my cosplay list in short because of school work and money availability, but also because there's not many events I'm going to this year. Tora Con is in April, Saturday I'm cosplaying Chara from Undertale and the Sunday I will be Jasper from Steven Universe. (I hope Jasper will be done in time.)
The only other event I know for sure that I'm going to is Snowfest in December, which I might be a casual Inuyasha for.
I maaaay be going to colassal con ? If I have money for the hotel and I don't have too much school work. I have no idea what I'd do for any of those doays though.

Update: There a cosplay rollerskating meetup this weekend that I might go to, and I'll pull together Chloe from Life is Strange. And I just got added to a group cosplay for either Anibash or Roccon for South Park, which I would be the character Kenny for.

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150

nerdiepi

Crew

Anxious Shounen

15,450 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 11:08 am
Rurouni_Fear
As of right now my only plan is to cosplay Anime Expo in July. I've been procrastinating but I want to do a Fire Emblem Fates character probably a Hoshido side character (being Japanese helps XP). It will be one of my more ambitious cosplay as most of those are some kind of traditional Japanese garb along with armor pieces and maybe a wig. I will post pictures if I succeed and try to take some progress shots.

Woah that sounds amazing! I haven't really gotten into Fire Emblem, but it does look really neat! All the characters look very interesting, but all the outfits seem like such a challenge. I can't wait to see what you come up with for it, and I hope you can get around to doing it!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:58 am
I know I need to tweak my Drunk Burnie cosplay for ROFCon in March. Other than that? I don't think I have anything new planned for this year.  

OnsenMark

Crew

Noble Raider

12,700 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Signature Look 250

hoshiokashi

PostPosted: Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:53 pm
smithers456
hoshiokashi

I really like the Code Geass Anime series. If you are able to post some photos of your finished creation. Have a great time at both cons!!

I had a great time last weekend, and I'm super excited for next month!! When I get pictures of my Kallen I'll be sure to post them c:  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 29, 2016 12:26 pm
☯★

I definitely want to redo my Black Cat cosplay from a few years ago. I purchased a better wig, so I'm excited for that! I'm not sure what else to cosplay as though. I was thinking Yura the hair demon from Inuyasha as well!

★☯

Starz-N-Madness
Crew

Beloved Star

7,500 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Tipsy 100

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:45 pm
gaia_star My first cosplay of 2016 was pajama Riku (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance), which I wore to Otafest Vari - A Pin Trading Party with a pajama theme.
gaia_star For Otafest 2016, I am cosplaying as Akatsuki Itachi (Naruto), Zexion (Kingdom Hearts), and Master Riku in his KH2 outfit (as seen in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance).
gaia_star I also need to finish my Kingdom Key Keyblade (Sora's Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts) before Otafest 2016.
gaia_star Another cosplay that I am thinking of doing this year is female Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children). I may wear this to the POW! Parade Of Wonders during Calgary Expo. (For once, Calgary Expo is at the end of final exam week. However, I won't go to the parade if I have a final exam that day.) I may also wear this to Otafest - Rock The Plaza.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:23 pm
working on lord boros from opm, 1st time working with body paint and wigs, and making armor for the torso *by myself*. I have about 4months until anime expo so hopefully I can finish it by then  

Extreme Cuddler
Crew

Sparkly Sex Symbol

Rurouni_Fear

Hygienic Friend

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2016 5:06 pm
Extreme Cuddler
working on lord boros from opm, 1st time working with body paint and wigs, and making armor for the torso *by myself*. I have about 4months until anime expo so hopefully I can finish it by then

I wanted to do a licenseless rider cosplay, but I got a feeling there would be a lot of those. Really liked that part of the series, good luck!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2016 4:34 am
KayaLing
gaia_star My first cosplay of 2016 was pajama Riku (Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance), which I wore to Otafest Vari - A Pin Trading Party with a pajama theme.
gaia_star For Otafest 2016, I am cosplaying as Akatsuki Itachi (Naruto), Zexion (Kingdom Hearts), and Master Riku in his KH2 outfit (as seen in Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance).
gaia_star I also need to finish my Kingdom Key Keyblade (Sora's Keyblade from Kingdom Hearts) before Otafest 2016.
gaia_star Another cosplay that I am thinking of doing this year is female Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children). I may wear this to the POW! Parade Of Wonders during Calgary Expo. (For once, Calgary Expo is at the end of final exam week. However, I won't go to the parade if I have a final exam that day.) I may also wear this to Otafest - Rock The Plaza.

Wow, that is a lot of different projects for the year. Have fun creating your outfits. Also have a great time at the cons and festivals. You can post photos and let us know how the cons went on the Canada Convention Sub Forum. I've taken a few photos of Kingdom Hearts Cosplayers over the years and I think that their outfits are truly amazing. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2016 10:30 pm
smithers456
KayaLing

Wow, that is a lot of different projects for the year. Have fun creating your outfits. Also have a great time at the cons and festivals. You can post photos and let us know how the cons went on the Canada Convention Sub Forum. I've taken a few photos of Kingdom Hearts Cosplayers over the years and I think that their outfits are truly amazing. smile

Yup! Although, I only need to make two of them and buy ring/headband for Akatsuki Itachi. I have already finished the others. Lol.

Thanks though~ I know I will! I'm pretty excited for my Kairi to stay over my place for Otafest 2016 as well!

I will post pictures and make posts when I have the time. :3 Gaia's system to show photos isn't always great. I generally have to make links to photos. Haha. XD

Oh, nice~ I sure love the Kingdom Hearts series, especially its characters, plot, and outfits~

-------- Cosplayers

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff