Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
The Hardest Cosplay Outfit You Created

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2016 11:27 pm
Hello Everyone,

Whether you are a beginning level Cosplayer or a high level Cosplayer most cosplayers have made at least one if not many outfits. I'm curious as to what was the hardest Cosplay Outfit that you have ever created. Let us know what outfit or outfits were the hardest to make and the story behind them. You may find others that have had trouble making similar outfits or even the same outfit.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2016 8:51 pm
I have 2 in mind. But I'm pretty sure Abyssal Nautilus takes the cake.

Here are some pictures and a gif as well as reference to the character
http://yanderekun.tumblr.com/post/90702538477/askyanderekun-i-finished-my-abyssal-nautilus

Here is a video my friend took of me dancing in the cosplay:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHrx1aVfSF0

It was extremely difficult to build mainly because I did not have the body type. The character was known as the titan of the depths and I'm only 5 feet tall. I had to build this "shell/encasing" around my body and the arm and leg pieces bigger than my size in order to look proportional to the character. They had to be held up by velcro. The center body piece is self was made out of cardboard shapes and then filled with insulation foam to give it the volume it needed and then covered in crafting foam. The center light piece actually lights up. It was a round tupperware piece with the bottom cut out and then a flashlight placed in it.

The worst part was wearing it. It was EXTREMELY heavy. Even with thick foam pads on my shoulders, it bruised my shoulders pretty badly. Plus i didn't stick fans into the body. I debuted the cosplay at AX (which is in the middle of summer. hot as hell.) I was sweating so much, it felt like i was taking a shower in the cosplay. I wasn't able to wear it for more than 2 hours with 30 minute interval breaks to check on my shoulders and give myself a breather.

i have moved on to smaller less mecha pieces but still armor hahaha  

Hypnotic Dentist

IRL Warlock

46,925 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Ai-iro Aki

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2016 4:30 pm
User Image

My best friend made this, with a tiny bit of help from me with worbla pieces and cutting. This outfit was tight around my bust area, right to the point where I had to breathe in to get the zip up. So much lace, fabric and love went into making this, so much I got a two page spread based on my Cure Flora in the UK anime magazine, NEO Mag, back in issue 141.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 4:12 am
Ai-iro Aki
User Image

My best friend made this, with a tiny bit of help from me with worbla pieces and cutting. This outfit was tight around my bust area, right to the point where I had to breathe in to get the zip up. So much lace, fabric and love went into making this, so much I got a two page spread based on my Cure Flora in the UK anime magazine, NEO Mag, back in issue 141.

Wow, amazing Cosplay outfit. I can see why you were featured in the Magazine. I will have to check it out. It's nice to see your hard work look awesome and fun to wear. Yes, don't forget to breath. Thanks for sharing. smile  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200
-------- Cosplayers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers