Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE
[V-Day Open Class] Singing! (Rojo)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:35 pm
Quote:
An open class advertised as being part of the educational session tie into Valentines, you expect to walk in and find information on a task or activity to side down and do. On the contrary however, you find yourself being handed a sheet of paper, a small handheld music player with three musical tracks, and are told to report back with the signatures of your recipients. On the sheet are lyrics for each musical track as well as your educational explanation!

Valentines 101
Did you know that song is a method of speech in valentines? It's true! Often to show their passion and in displays of LOVE, Valentiners will sing to one another for any and all reasons. In combat, in anger, in fear, in well wishing- song is a way of communication for them, much like it is for humans! However, unlike humans, Citizens of Valentines sing back and forth, and have evolved a unique way of fighting using only their songs. They call it Valarhythm, and it uses 'sick beats' and 'soothing jams' to either seduce or crush their enemy's spirit. They don't even get physical. If you ever have the opportunity to watch a Valarhythm match, it's suggested to do so from a fair distance, as it's not uncommon for a singer's power to sweep bystanders into joining them.

For Humans, they to have a tradition of attempting combat by song. On valentines, many humans will attempt to use music to seduce their target and weaken them, thereby making their fellow human more receptive to their affections, or, to embarrass them in public. Some humans are so bad and fear this method of combat so much it generates FEAR! Truly, we have much to thank our Valentine counterparts. To better understand how this works, seek out three of your fellows and sing a tune to them. Get them to sign that you have completed your singing attempt and report back to the class room for credit.

Quote:
This open class requires your student to go to three other characters and sing to them. Two songs that are suggested are:
_ Hotling Bing by Drake
_ Hello by Adele

The third song is player choice. When the student sings Hotling Bing, they will feel the urge to dance awkwardly. When the student sings Hello, they will feel the urge to be as dramatic as possible. The third song should be simply passionate. How well they do is up to the player/their 'target'.
Successful completion of this course must included:
-Three different players/Characters being sung to
-Them reacting AND signing off the sheet
- Your student's rp post as returning to the classroom.

A minimum 600 word count + successful competition will net you the learned ability.

Quote:
gaia_star Hallorythym
For one IC hour per day, as your character speaks, music will accompany their voice.
In battle:
Rolling 1d4- if even, your song disables your opponent's focus, allowing you to only take half damage for the next round. This does not count as a move/turn.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:37 pm
Rojo entered the next classroom expecting to find another proper, sit down class. Instead, there was a single instructor standing near the door, an MP3 player in her hand and a stack of papers on a nearby desk. As he passed the threshold, she handed him the player.

"I am here to teach you about Valarhythm."

"What is that?" He recognized the word 'rhythm' in there easily enough because he was a master of it, but Valarhythm? "I didn't know people in Valentine's Land had their own rhythm."

Once she was sure he had the player in hand, she handed him one of the sheets as well. "Sing these songs to students around the school and note how they react. Have them sign off on your notes and bring them back here. Then I will teach you all you need to know about Valarhythm."

Dietra
Hotline Bling - Drake

Following that rather informationless introduction to his assignment, the teacher ushered him out the door with no further instruction. Rojo made his way back outside, hurrying over to the first person he saw there.

"Excuse me! I have an assignment and I need—"

The monster kept walking, nearly tipping the skeleton off of his feet. Rude. Rojo approached the next slowly moving student with a little more caution, starting the player and addressing her in a quiet, melodic voice.

"You used to call me on my cell phone
Late night when you need my love
Call me on my cell phone
Late night when you need my love."

He felt compelled to dance, moving about in stiff arcs that were complemented by his bony physique. The ghoul began to dance as well, smirking as she did so. When Rojo had finished, he held out his assignment sheet.

"How did that make you feel?"

"It was fun, I guess? It made me feel fun."

Not the most technical of analyses, but Rojo would take it. She signed the form
DIETRA and moved on.  

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:38 pm
Andre
Hello - Adele

He didn't allow the next student to get away. Before the reaper could move past Rojo he had started to sing, a dramatic rendering of a song he would have normally deemed too slow to be of any use. It was interesting. Much like his involuntary dancing, he found he was pouring himself into his performance without thinking about it, getting down on one knee to address the grim in front of him.

By the time he was done, Andre was openly weeping.

"That was our song. Mine and Alice's. I can't let her go like that. I'm gonna try to win her back! Thanks, little dude."

He ran off before Rojo could request a signature, but seeing how well that had gone, the skeleton did him a favor and forged his sheet anyway. He decided to call the boil Andre.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:39 pm
Stogie
Uptown Funk - Bruno Mars

Rojo turned on the MP3 player long before he found another person to sing to. As such, he was already belting out his third number when he crossed paths with a large hairy monster, slamming into the boil's stomach with the accidental violence of the distracted.

"Oh, sorry!" He shimmied back and forth in a line. "This song is very good, don't you think?"

Stogie the werebear paused, listening to Rojo sing along. At first he seemed a little disturbed over all the talk of funk, until he appeared to realize that no one was talking about any sort of smell.

"Yes," he finally rumbled. Then Stogie began to dance as well.

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

Smerdle
Crew

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2016 10:40 pm
By the time Rojo made it back to drop off his signatures, he had listened to each song another five times and was well on his way to memorizing all of them.

"Welcome back, young Snot," the teacher said upon his return. "I hope you have found your lesson enlightening."

"Yes! The... um... Valarhythm is very impressive!" He turned his head to one side to try and hide the fact that he still had no idea what it even was, but with the immobility of his face, the woman didn't appear to notice anyway.

"Excellent. Off with you, then. Use your new powers for pranking and your new knowledge to keep from being caught." She made an elaborate gesture over his head, then left him to his own devices.

{ Classrooms } ---------------- Classes/ Open Classes/ EXAMS ARE HERE

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games