Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Links
No, Internet, the Vatican is not a walled city

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 1:51 am
No, Internet, the Vatican is not a walled city  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 3:47 am
A response: Vatican City Explained  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

cristobela
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2016 12:26 pm

In other words, and more accurately, "yes, internet, the Vatican is a walled country". The wall may not serve the same purpose as the one Trump is calling for, but the Vatican is walled, and you must pass through the long line of security—the legal, legitimate way—in order to enter.

Garland-Green

And from the video, first of all, it is blatantly clear, that the Vatican is trying to be a replacement of Jerusalem: the holy city who holds the throne. Instead of the throne of David, in Jerusalem, there's the Holy See, the throne of the pope, in the Vatican.

• Psalm 122:3-5 (NIV)

3 Jerusalem is built like a city
        that is closely compacted together.
        4 That is where the tribes go up—
        the tribes of the Lord—
        to praise the name of the Lord
        according to the statute given to Israel.
        5 There stand the thrones for judgment,
        the thrones of the house of David.

• Jeremiah 3:17 (NIV)

17 At that time they will call Jerusalem The Throne of the Lord, and all nations will gather in Jerusalem to honor the name of the Lord. No longer will they follow the stubbornness of their evil hearts.

• Jeremiah 13:13 (NIV)

13 then tell them, ‘This is what the Lord says: I am going to fill with drunkenness all who live in this land, including the kings who sit on David’s throne, the priests, the prophets and all those living in Jerusalem.

Second, the pope, with his dual role as king and religious leader, aims to be a representation of Melchizedek (or Jesus serving in the order of Melchizedek) who functions as both high priest and king neutral

• Hebrews 7:1 (NIV)

7 This Melchizedek was king of Salem and priest of God Most High. He met Abraham returning from the defeat of the kings and blessed him,

• Hebrews 6:19-20 (NIV)

19 We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure. It enters the inner sanctuary behind the curtain, 20 where our forerunner, Jesus, has entered on our behalf. He has become a high priest forever, in the order of Melchizedek.

• Revelation 17:14 (NIV)

14 They will wage war against the Lamb, but the Lamb will triumph over them because he is Lord of lords and King of kings—and with him will be his called, chosen and faithful followers.”

Melchizedek ruled from Jerusalem. David and his descendants ruled from Jerusalem. The earthly Jerusalem in the land of Israel is the only representation on earth of the heavenly holy city (New Jerusalem) from which Jesus reigns from and will reign from when it comes down to earth.

• Revelation 21:2 (NIV)

2 I saw the Holy City, the new Jerusalem, coming down out of heaven from God, prepared as a bride beautifully dressed for her husband.

• Philippians 3:20 (NIV)

20 But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ,

• Revelation 3:12 (NIV)

12 The one who is victorious I will make a pillar in the temple of my God. Never again will they leave it. I will write on them the name of my God and the name of the city of my God, the new Jerusalem, which is coming down out of heaven from my God; and I will also write on them my new name.

What, on God's green earth, is the Vatican doing? -_-' If literally trying to be the New Jerusalem (the city that comes down from heaven) then it doesn't fit the description (walls made of jasper, river flowing down the center, tree of life returns i.e. Revelation 21-22). If trying to be an earthly representation of the heavenly city, then Jerusalem is already it.

Links

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games