Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
Saeed Abedini: Christians Denied Christ to Stop Torture

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2016 3:05 pm
Saeed Abedini Says He Witnessed Christians Deny Christ to Stop Brutal Torture in Prison

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2016 10:37 am
Every time I come across articles like these, I'm just praying I don't deny Christ when it gets violent and painful—if I'm ever put in that situation. Sometimes, it doesn't take that much to get us from boldly speaking the truth (fear of people disagreeing / fear of man), so imagine when the opposition gets physically violent. Though, on the one hand, it is the same opposition / animosity in spirit, only brought out into the physical. Worse than the threat of pain is the seductive grip of comfort. The desire to not want to stand out from the crowd / not oppose people, be friendly and liked. But truth is more important than that—no matter how dark it gets.💡  

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2016 1:53 am
cristobela
Every time I come across articles like these, I'm just praying I don't deny Christ when it gets violent and painful—if I'm ever put in that situation. Sometimes, it doesn't take that much to get us from boldly speaking the truth (fear of people disagreeing / fear of man), so imagine when the opposition gets physically violent. Though, on the one hand, it is the same opposition / animosity in spirit, only brought out into the physical. Worse than the threat of pain is the seductive grip of comfort. The desire to not want to stand out from the crowd / not oppose people, be friendly and liked. But truth is more important than that—no matter how dark it gets.💡

I read someone who was from a church that faced violent opposition say the same thing. He said that they are praying for us here in the West because the opposition here is more covert. It is more "sweet" and seductive.

A man who works (The organization 'Open doors') with our brothers and sister belonging to the persecuted church said that when he is at Christian gatherings here in the West he is often asked when the persecution will start here in the West, but he said it is perhaps a question that has its basis in a perception that we are separate from our brothers around the world suffering violent persecution. He stressed that we should remember that we are one body, and what is happening to them is happening to us - being members of the same body. He ended with saying that we ought to pray more for our brothers and sisters, and help financially where we can by contributing to organizations helping our persecuted family.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games