Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
A majority do not believe in God

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 4:48 am
Historical survey.
Friday 18 March 2016, kl.03: 11

For the first time more people are saying they do not believe in God than there are people who say they believe in God. In addition there a large group of those that are uncertain.

The figures come from the Norwegian Monitor survey of values ​​and attitudes, writes Vårt Land (Christian Newspaper) . To the question "do you believe in God?" Replied 39 percent no, while 37 percent answered yes. 23 percent of the nearly 4,000 who responded to the survey, which was sent out by post, saying they did not know.

Two years ago there were just as many believers as non-believers. When the question was asked for the first time in 1985, said a full 50 percent said they believed in God, while only 20 percent said they did not believe.

Research Director Jan-Paul Brekke Ipsos, which conducted the study, said the survey did not define who God is.

- It can be both the Christian god, an independent god, or of other faiths. But since we have asked the same question for 30 years, we also measure the same vagueness each year, he said. There are some immigrants in the material, but most of them come from western religious traditions.

- We have few Muslims in our material, says Brekke.

Moreover, the survey shows that women believe in God to a greater extent than men, and that faith in God is stronger among the elderly than among younger. With 29 percent who believe in God, Oslo is the lowest, while Vest-Agder is highest with its 44 per cent.

(NTB)

The original article was posted in the Norwegian Newspaper Dagbladet.
Translated with the aid of google translate.

Original article.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2016 10:58 am
The really challenging part of the whole thing is that, as I understand it, a lot of people who say they believe in God - and I mean the God of the Bible - don't live out that belief. Matthew 7:21-23 makes it clear that a lot of people who profess faith don't really have it. It's a discouraging truth and one I find myself wrestling with a lot.  

kingkonglomerate

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 3:19 am
kingkonglomerate
The really challenging part of the whole thing is that, as I understand it, a lot of people who say they believe in God - and I mean the God of the Bible - don't live out that belief. Matthew 7:21-23 makes it clear that a lot of people who profess faith don't really have it. It's a discouraging truth and one I find myself wrestling with a lot.

I think we have to remember though who is behind it because we don't wrestle against flesh and blood (Ephesians 6:12). We should pray for these people and don't let other peoples behaviors discourage us but offer words to build up where we can, and focus on building our relationship with the Lord.  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games