Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply News with a Christian perspective
UNESCO says no Jewish history on Temple Mount

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:54 pm
UNESCO, the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Association, announced a number of resolutions just before the weekend started.

One, submitted by the Russian Federation, called for defining UNESCO’s role in safeguarding and preserving Palmyra and other Syrian World Heritage sites. Another was about “Enhancing UNESCO’s contributions to promote a culture of mutual respect and tolerance.”

A third was simply entitled “Occupied Palestine” and addressed the Jerusalem Old City hotspot that Jews refer to as the Temple Mount and Muslims call Haram Al-Sharif, the Noble Sanctuary. Except that the Jewish link to the site, considered the holiest place for Jews, went unmentioned.

Read More; UNESCO says no Jewish history on Temple Mount; Hebron and Bethlehem Integral part of Palestine  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:10 am
Using lies to achieve peace? Sigh. emotion_sweatdrop

Whatever happens, somehow a temple will get rebuilt in Jerusalem, despite all this, and the Gentiles will have control over the outer court for 42 months (3 & a half years).

• Revelation 11:1-2 (NIV)

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:33 am
cristobela
Using lies to achieve peace? Sigh. emotion_sweatdrop

Whatever happens, somehow a temple will get rebuilt in Jerusalem, despite all this, and the Gentiles will have control over the outer court for 42 months (3 & a half years).

• Revelation 11:1-2 (NIV)

11 I was given a reed like a measuring rod and was told, “Go and measure the temple of God and the altar, with its worshipers. 2 But exclude the outer court; do not measure it, because it has been given to the Gentiles. They will trample on the holy city for 42 months.

I think it is a hostility to the truth and to God that's expressed in the UNESCO's decision to ignore the Temple Mounts history completely. Out of all the nations to anger in the middle east Israel is the safest to disagree with and the UN has a history of one-sided critique of Israel despite having played a pivotal part in giving the land to the Jews after WW2.

What is sad in all of this is that Israel is still trusting the nations to treat them fairly and be objective, that their hope is in that instead of Yahweh. Compromise and friendship with the nations have never in Israel's history lead to anything good. They will see that in the end though.

Zechariah 12:1-14 ESV
The burden of the word of the Lord concerning Israel: Thus declares the Lord, who stretched out the heavens and founded the earth and formed the spirit of man within him: “Behold, I am about to make Jerusalem a cup of staggering to all the surrounding peoples. The siege of Jerusalem will also be against Judah. On that day I will make Jerusalem a heavy stone for all the peoples. All who lift it will surely hurt themselves. And all the nations of the earth will gather against it. On that day, declares the Lord, I will strike every horse with panic, and its rider with madness. But for the sake of the house of Judah I will keep my eyes open, when I strike every horse of the peoples with blindness. Then the clans of Judah shall say to themselves, ‘The inhabitants of Jerusalem have strength through the Lord of hosts, their God.’  
News with a Christian perspective

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games