Welcome to Gaia! ::

Slaves bound in chains ((Open for members!!!))

Back to Guilds

slaves and masters fantasy 

Tags: slaves, masters, fantasy, Romance, Role Playing 

Reply The Center and Homes
The Lolliette Residence

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Butterscotch Faerie Tales
Vice Captain

Sweetest Sweetheart

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:38 pm
It's a nice house on the outskirts of town. It has pretty gardens surrounding what is considered to be the backyard. There is even a large pool and hot tub jacuzzi off to one side of the house, and an archers range on the other side. There are storage closets and bathrooms on every floor of the house, but there is also a kitchen, a pantry, a living room, music room, laundry room, study, all on the first floor. The second contains the bedrooms, a family room, an arts and crafts room, and a mini library. The attic is empty except for the usual boxes and chests of old things, as well as a tiny room built all the way in the back that looks like a panic room.

Dantes_river
Eh, I'm finally getting around to it. XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2016 6:58 pm
User Image
User Image

It was funny how he talked about it, as if it were the simplest thing in the world to conjure anything out of thin air. Melody was thoroughly impressed no matter how unremarkable Tex thought of the action. She had magic of her own, or so Mabel told her, but she never really knew how to use it. It was confusing. Not to mention the fact she didn't even know she was capable until her sister found herself on her doorstep. Even if she knew what she was doing, she probably wouldn't have thought to make a little water bubble for the flowers. It was just another thing that made Tex stand out among the others she had taken in. She found it to be refreshing. "Well it was thoughtful of you," she concluded with a smile.

Having unwittingly asked about the castle, she felt bad as his expression fell. Her own cheeks began to burn a deep scarlet out of guilt. She really didn't mean to prod about his past. As she had said earlier, there wasn't anything she found necessary to question about the slaves she brought home. If they wanted to tell her anything they would on their own... Though she was a little shocked to hear him responding to her. He didn't just give her a curt response that he meticulously mulled over how much to give away like everyone else usually did. Instead it was a lot of information. More than she was comfortable with knowing, if only because she knew how drawn into his words she was becoming. She hadn't even asked to know, but damn him, she couldn't just ignore what he said.

A small noise escaped her lips as he lifted his hair and explained the scar hidden beneath it. Concern laced itself through her raised eyebrows. To think anyone would be willing to hurl a book at someone they didn't know. It was absolutely ridiculous! If she stopped worrying about his wellbeing, then she would worry about the book next. She couldn't help it. Literature was precious. Especially anything about any sort of historical documents, artifacts, or events. She was thankfully kept busy with the image of some girl purposefully harming a then tiny and unaware Tex. "I'm sorry," she finally managed to blurt out. She didn't know what else would be appropriate to say.

There wasn't much else she could have said even if she thought of anything; Tex immediately latched onto the suggestion of a tour. Not that she would blame him. Her expression eased into one that was more gentle and friendly. At least showing off the house was something she found comfort in doing. "It's not a bother. I offered it in the first place." Something he mentioned caught her attention causing her to tilt her head slightly, though she still remained congenial in demeanor. "Two halves?" she parodied back at him, tossing the idea back and forth in her mind.

Melody shrugged after a moment passed. Even if she was insulted later down the line, she already discussed with herself that she would not acknowledge any of his bad behavior. Whether it was from him or this "other half" it didn't really matter to her. She would deal with it just like she had dealt with Mabel's behavior. "That's alright. I don't have much that's off limits. I'll let you know once we get to it." She pulled the hand holding the bouquet closer to her chest as she motioned with the other one.

"You've already seen this room and the kitchen, so I guess we'll just head down the hall." She began to make her way towards the long hallway without waiting to see if he was following. Most of the rooms were open and so it was probably obvious what each one was used for. Nonetheless, she spoke out loud as if he were right behind her and gave a few words about what was in them or how she used it. When they reached the music room the door was closed, though there was a small window on the top half of it that could be seen through. She opened it up and walked a little ways in. There was a grand piano nestled against one wall, while the rest of the walls were riddled with every known stringed instrument. Some were in glass cases and looked to be too worn to play, while others were foreign and quite strange to look at. All of which she knew how to play to some degree.

"This is my music room. I don't always find the time to use it, but sometimes I find myself spending an entire day in here just playing something that was stuck inside my head." Taking a moment to let him see everything, she began to speak again a little more warily. "If you know how to play any of them you can play whenever you like. Just be careful of the ones in the cases. They probably belong in a museum with how old they are." She looked back at Tex to gauge his reaction. He said he liked music earlier hadn't he? If she had been mistaken, then it wouldn't really matter. He could easily decline the offer. She could always find something else for him to do while he stayed.

The only thing that Mabel could think of was "booooo" at his explanation for why he hadn't tried hitting her yet. She found herself almost about to say it out loud but caught herself, preventing the spray of food that would have surely followed. She couldn't be too upset since she felt the same way about Melody. Well, no, that wasn't right. She had gotten out of the Center on her own, but her sister had kept her from being found out by the shitty slavers and being brought back. Her gratitude was for that. With a shrug and a huff, she shoveled another forkful of food into her mouth. "Ya' seem fine to me," she grumbled after chewing and swallowing. Then again, she wasn't very smart at all and didn't know anything about PTSD. In fact, she didn't even really know what it was at all. She just nodded and acted as if she understood what he meant.

With an elbow propped up on the table, her chin settled in the palm of her hand, and her other hand absentmindedly twirling the fork in her food, she had a big, fat smirk plastered on her face. Although his words were probably meant to be harsh, it didn't bother her since she got what she wanted from him. Usually she was too dumb to provoke anyone with words and get them to say what she wanted. Maybe it was because she was a little like him that it worked. Or maybe it was dumb luck. Whatever the case, she was pleased with herself on the outcome. She had told him that she didn't care about his life or anything of the like, but that was wrong. She just couldn't bring herself to openly ask about anyone. She was used to it being used against her if she showed a slight interest in anyone.

"I can see that," she cooed at him. He wasn't completely right about her, but she would let him think so. If he hadn't realized she had been lying before, then that was his fault. She lived to fight as well. It was evident with every action she had showed him up until this point. She just had a different view on fighting. Until the last swing that ended it all, it was all just a game to her. A very deadly game. "Hey, I haven't scolded you, have I? You just have to find the right places is all. The wars you want are the ones that don't exist." She emphasized the last word in hopes he understood what she meant. "Makes it hard to find them, but I have my ways..." She winked at him before her smile disappeared altogether.

She hadn't said magic was hard; she merely stated it was a b***h. Magic never agreed with her, but then again, it might've been the equivalent of trying to channel magic through a broken catalyst. She wondered if she had grown up alongside Melody if she would have been able to command magic as easily as she could, not that she cared to show it. Her lip curled back into a silent snarl as she slammed the fork into the plate, shattering it perfectly down the center. She was so lost in her own thoughts that she didn't notice as her eyes began to change colors. Continuing to work herself up, she began to mumble under her breath, "She's so confident when it comes to her medicine but no... No, she can't just believe in her magic. The bastards... Choosing her and for what? She knows nothing!"

Letting out a guttural snarl she slammed both her fists into the table, crushing the fork and splaying bits of plate and food everywhere in the process. Her purple eyes flickered up to Caim as her tiger ears pressed flat against her head. "

[quote="Dantes_river]Ppfffffttt sorry for it being so long. I CAN'T HELP IT. Despite the giant reply I'm hoping we can have shorter ones eventually so that it goes a lot faster. XD But I'm doubting that that will be the case. =3=

Vice Captain

Sweetest Sweetheart

Dantes_river
Crew

Headstrong Bookworm

7,450 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:48 pm
Hello from the other side~ I must've bumped a thousand times~

User Image
xxTexenius Ashiwarxx

User Image

Shrugging for what felt like the umpteenth time, Texenius brushed a hair out of his face. Instead of his usual cold expression, a faint bashful smile had taken up residence on his face. He'd never been called thoughtful in such a kind manner before so this was a new experience for him. It was usually stated like an insult. Even if she had the too obvious air that she'd noticed his previous cheer had fallen upon the talk of the castle, he seemed to have dismissed whatever negative thoughts had passed through his mind at talking about it.

"You don't have to feel bad about having echoed my words in the form of a question. It's not exactly something I hide from others. I've just never really had a reason to mention it before now. Same goes with the girl who opted to toss good literature at a random stranger's head. Truth be told, it's not really my childhood or anything real intricate that brings me down. The content of the books I was sent to translate is the only real bad thing from back then. I'm not too surprised about said content though. Vampires aren't the kindest of creatures after all," he almost seemed to purr while lacing his fingers together behind his back. At least his wings could readjust themselves without him needing to focus on doing it himself. That was probably the best part of having wings and a tail with a mind of their own. As Melody began moving, he did as well though he made sure to keep his pace even with her own if not a pace or two behind her. "I suppose you could say I've actually been in the slave trade since I was little. I never really had an attachment to anyone in my family so the fact they used my intellect for their own gain never actually bothered me. Perhaps it'd be more honest if I said I'd been rather thrilled to be moving to a larger library than the one I'd already occupied at that particular time. Literature is the only thing that doesn't judge me, the only place I can rest most at ease. 'Tis silly to say such things perhaps, but it seems to be true. I've always treated books better than people or so I've been told. I tend to make the morale of others fall when I talk as if I were insulting or reprimanding them, but I'm just no good at interacting with other people. My nose was always buried in a book so conversations like this one weren't something I did often. Now I'm trying to figure out how this whole scene goes about without hurting the feelings of others."

When she repeated what he'd said about two halves, he nodded slightly. "That's correct. I'm a halfbreed so there was bound to be instabilities. It also doesn't help to be entirely aware of what's supposed to be subconscious thought. For someone who understands literature and the arts like the back of his hand, I can't seem to grasp the concept of emotions and other people. Funny how the world works," Tex explained with a rather faint smile that showed his timid nature. Briefly brushing a strand of silvery blue-violet hair behind his ear, it shifted to a dirty strawberry blonde that seemed to resemble the color of desert sand. If he was being honest with her, he might as well let her see real him minus the demonic horns and fangs. The further into the house they went, the more he actually paid attention to the rooms in passing. As they came across the music room, the incubus froze as his gaze drifted between each of the instruments. Padding softly over to the cases and gently touching the edge of the glass with just his fingertips, his gaze seemed ever so intent on examining every last detail of the instruments. "They're beautiful and made music just as beautiful as their very design suggests..." Shifting his position so as to move over to the piano, his fingers flipping open the cover for the keys, an almost childlike smile could be seen on his face. Allowing his fingers to dance gently over the ebony and ivory keys in a short tune, he shut his eyes and nodded slightly just to close it back up and start back over to the female. "You take such excellent care of your instruments. They're very beautiful not only in design, but in every note they play. Thank you, Melody, for showing these to me and for the offer of playing these whenever I feel like doing so. Should you not need anything from me, this will most likely be where you'd find me sitting whilst I intrude upon your home. I could do a little touch-up on the ones in the cases of you wish."

So she thought he seemed fine... Odd for someone on this side to tell him he was fine. Then came the talk that he'd had with others before her. It was the same with all of them; his kind of wars didn't exist. Why did no one seem to understand what those words meant to him? It was like saying Caïm had no purpose. He'd just been born in a world where the kind of wars he knew were real and it was all he knew only to be sent to one that was far too docile. Instead of responding to it or her question, most probably a rhetorical one anyways, he just picked at his food a bit. So why did he exist in this world if everything he knew before was no longer valid? He couldn't start his life over from scratch. Once you've killed someone, there was no going back. Once you've murdered thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands, there wasn't even humanity left in you.

Grabbing up his notepad, pen, mug and plate as Mabel started becoming hostile, he waited for her to settle down before setting his things down again. Scribbling something down, he spun the notepad around for the female and tapped his middle finger down on it before shoveling down what remained on his plate. Though his heart had likely sunk into his boots, his expression and body language hadn't really shown how her words had affected him. Sounds like someone was visited by a green-eyed monster. c:< On a more serious note, I could show you a few tricks about magic from my world though I can't say it'll be anything that'll really help you. Most people on this side use catalysts like gemstones, tablets, staffs and the like... Either way, usually when someone states that something is being a b***h, something isn't going over smoothly which means whatever it is, it's being difficult. After a few moments of chewing, he added, So what would you say I should do then? Pick random fights for amusement? I'd feel like I was picking on an infant. Your world's too far in the opposite direction from mine and adapting obviously isn't going to help here. I don't understand the logic in this world much less the languages. I can't really even communicate without this notepad.

User Image

User Image

The Center and Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces