Welcome to Gaia! ::

The LGBT Guild

Back to Guilds

This is a guild for all sexual orientation equality supporters to chat and feel welcomed. 

Tags: Homosexual, Bisexual, Transgender, Genderqueer 

Reply Forum Homepage
Help me explain biromantic to my mom?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Halbri

Powerhungry Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 6:59 pm
I just need a way to explain being a biromantic is okay since my mom doesn't really understand a relationship without sex. Thank you to everyone who helps 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2016 9:40 pm
take et slow wit her  

Whoopix

Feral Gekko

Sweater Panda

High-functioning Phantom

14,400 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:23 am
Queencryogen

I think I can be of some help here. Basically, tell her that there are two components that make up someone's sexuality: a romantic identity, and a sexual identity. Biromantic means that you're open to having a romantic and emotional connection with people or both sexes, male and female. I have no idea what your sexual orientation is, but if you're not bisexual, then tell her that those two identities are pretty much independent of one another and don't always have to match up.

I hope this helped. I had a hard time getting my mom to understand that I'm a panromantic asexual, but I hope your mom will understand it sooner.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2016 11:08 am
Sweater Panda
Queencryogen

I think I can be of some help here. Basically, tell her that there are two components that make up someone's sexuality: a romantic identity, and a sexual identity. Biromantic means that you're open to having a romantic and emotional connection with people or both sexes, male and female. I have no idea what your sexual orientation is, but if you're not bisexual, then tell her that those two identities are pretty much independent of one another and don't always have to match up.

I hope this helped. I had a hard time getting my mom to understand that I'm a panromantic asexual, but I hope your mom will understand it sooner.

Oh im the biromantic and i hope she understands sooner as well  

Halbri

Powerhungry Lunatic

9,400 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Charging Power 75
Forum Homepage

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers