Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Ark Marketing to 21st Century America!

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Vizsla

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2016 8:37 am
by Ken Ham

You are the light of the world. A city that is set on a hill cannot be hidden. Nor do they light a lamp and put it under a basket, but on a lampstand, and it gives light to all who are in the house. Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works and glorify your Father in heaven. (Matthew 5:14–16)

God’s Word instructs us to reach the world with the truth of His Word and the gospel. Christians are to be active in shining the light of truth to a world where “men loved darkness rather than light” (John 3:19).

AiG’s website, resources, conferences, media outreaches, and Creation Museum do just that. And now, on July 7 in Northern Kentucky, we will open the Ark Encounter, a life-size Noah’s Ark with 132 exhibit bays containing sensational exhibits. With it, AiG will reach even more of the world and in an even more impactful way.

Now, it’s one thing to build an incredible structure, based on the dimensions of Noah’s Ark in the Bible and to be the biggest timber-frame structure in the world—and which will proclaim the most vital message in the universe. It’s another thing to ensure people will visit.

There’s no point building a world-class themed attraction and have it be one of the best-kept secrets! Now, sometimes I think many churchgoers are happy to keep their Christianity inside the church and their homes instead of “contending for the faith” in reaching the world.

AiG has embarked on what we believe is perhaps an unprecedented marketing effort ever for any ministry. We seek to reach both the Christian and secular worlds to convince as many people as possible to visit the Ark. Using a leading Christian-based, internationally recognized advertising agency, we have launched a major marketing thrust. (Once the Ark opens, we will start a different marketing campaign.)

We began the Ark’s pre-launch campaign on New Year’s Eve by sponsoring the ball drop at Times Square on Fox News. Before and after midnight, millions of viewers saw a powerful commercial, one that has the feel of a trailer for a blockbuster movie. This commercial continues to appear on various TV networks and in digital media.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Utilizing powerful secular media outlets like Fox News, ABC TV, The Rush Limbaugh Program, NBC TV, and ION TV, along with dozens of other media groups and websites, the Ark Encounter will be profiled by dozens of media and noticed by hundreds of millions of people. Through the media, Ark staff will present a message of hope and the promise of eternal life for those who believe in Christ.

AiG is going to do everything possible to ensure that everyone in America knows about the Ark Encounter, and we will motivate them to visit the amazing life-size Ark. Then we’ll rely on the Holy Spirit to convict our Ark guests to accept God’s Word as they learn about great heroes of the faith who were obedient to God, and to learn about those who defied Him.

Never before in history have we seen a ministry or church be engaged in this level of strategic and professional communication efforts to ensure that people will hear the gospel. AiG will be using cutting-edge creative media techniques. Watch for them! As I’ve often stated, why shouldn’t we be as professional as the world (or more so) in marketing the most vital message of all to everyone we can? Since we view the gospel message as infinitely more valuable in people’s lives than the material things that are advertised on TV, like flashy cars, cell phones, and beer, we are committed to promoting the Ark Encounter as an exciting, life-changing travel destination for Christians and non-Christians alike.

Please keep this major media blitz in prayer. And when you pray, think of a specific person or family and ask that they will come and experience the Ark Encounter with you!

In addition to the print and TV/radio ads we are paying for (most of it at below marketing prices), we are already seeing increased interest by national and international media in covering the Ark as a news story. Global newspapers, magazines, and websites now regularly conduct interviews with us. In recent times, lengthy articles have appeared in major international outlets like the Toronto Star and, on TV, a major feature on Channel Nine of Australia and many others.

Because Noah’s Ark is so well known worldwide, and because the life-size Ark’s construction and exhibits are so unique in the world, we expect to see phenomenal media interest as we finish construction over the next two months.

Keep up to date at ArkEncounter.com. It’s where you’ll find details about getting tickets for the first 40 days and nights of entry times, as well as tickets for the Ark’s world-class sister attraction, the Creation Museum.  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 10:14 pm
Marketing is one thing. But directly sponsoring an idolatrous / lying event does not sound like a God-honoring idea. confused

The idolatry:

- it's not the new year according to the Creator. The first month of the year is the month that the Passover occurs on.

• Exodus 12:1-11 (NIV)

12 The Lord said to Moses and Aaron in Egypt,2 “This month is to be for you the first month, the first month of your year. 3 Tell the whole community of Israel that on the tenth day of this month each man is to take a lamb[a] for his family, one for each household. 4 If any household is too small for a whole lamb, they must share one with their nearest neighbor, having taken into account the number of people there are. You are to determine the amount of lamb needed in accordance with what each person will eat. 5 The animals you choose must be year-old males without defect, and you may take them from the sheep or the goats. 6 Take care of them until the fourteenth day of the month, when all the members of the community of Israel must slaughter them at twilight. 7 Then they are to take some of the blood and put it on the sides and tops of the doorframes of the houses where they eat the lambs. 8 That same night they are to eat the meat roasted over the fire, along with bitter herbs, and bread made without yeast. 9 Do not eat the meat raw or boiled in water, but roast it over a fire—with the head, legs and internal organs. 10 Do not leave any of it till morning; if some is left till morning, you must burn it. 11 This is how you are to eat it: with your cloak tucked into your belt, your sandals on your feet and your staff in your hand. Eat it in haste; it is the Lord’s Passover.

Footnotes:

a. Exodus 12:3 The Hebrew word can mean lamb or kid; also in verse 4.

AiG is sponsoring—supporting, lending a hand to—the festivity that honors a lie / false belief (an idol), helping people honor the idol...in order to promote the truth?

• 2 Corinthians 6:14-16 (NIV)

14 Do not be yoked together with unbelievers. For what do righteousness and wickedness have in common? Or what fellowship can light have with darkness? 15 What harmony is there between Christ and Belial[a]? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever? 16 What agreement is there between the temple of God and idols? For we are the temple of the living God. As God has said:

“I will live with them
        and walk among them,
        and I will be their God,
        and they will be my people.”[b]

Footnotes:

a. 2 Corinthians 6:15 Greek Beliar, a variant of Belial
        b. 2 Corinthians 6:16 Lev. 26:12; Jer. 32:38; Ezek. 37:27

This should not happen.

On top of that, sponsoring the ball drop is no different than sponsoring the VMA's (which is an idol-worship fest, rewarding their idols for their moving images) or funding a gay parade (which worships and celebrates sexual immorality). Giving people the resources to celebrate their deviant beliefs is no different than providing the animals to sacrifice for their idol's festivity. "I will provide for your Baal / Janus sacrifice as long as you allow me to talk about Noah's ark and the prophesied Messiah"...? We are directly giving to the idol by paying a worshiper so that he/she can carry out that idol's festivity, thus enabling them and many others to worship the idol. This was a lapse in judgment on their part.

(And as I typed this post up, it brought to mind lapses in my own judgment, or at least my flesh reasoning it was alright to do and suppressing the Holy Spirit's conviction, which I have had with respect to a certain app that I downloaded; if anyone plays "alphabear", avoid the "verses challenges" entirely. All the characters in that section are dressed up as idols and the one they chose for "Saint Bear" is dressed up as Mother Teresa [Read: The Myth of Mother Teresa]. I was using that aspect of the game to spell out biblically-inspired words / phrases to reach whomever I was playing against, but all while dressed up as someone who promotes deviancy against the bible -_-' — and not just dressed up as Saint Bear, but also Basketball Bear who is dressed up as a tattooed Dennis Rodman [on top of that, he is male and I am not; cross-dressing] and Alternative Bear [whom I used the most] and she is dressed up as Bjork in her notorious swan dress—Bjork made a music video promoting self-love/same sex lust / robot sex neutral . Now that I looked it up, the whole album is based off of Norse mythology and that specific video based on Kama Sutra, wow). But in essence, it's the same violation as AiG: promoting the idolatrous to promote the truth.

May God have mercy on us all for the idolatrous things we have done and yoked ourselves to, upon our repenting of it, and may He give us the eyes to see it so that we can turn away from it, because whenever we yoke ourselves to idol-worshippers, and serve their gods, either by sponsoring the festivity of their idols, mixing ourselves in with their gods, or mixing YHWH into the worship of their gods—we arouse His jealousy to our own demise.

• 1 Corinthians 10:19-22 (NIV)

19 Do I mean then that food sacrificed to an idol is anything, or that an idol is anything? 20 No, but the sacrifices of pagans are offered to demons, not to God, and I do not want you to be participants with demons. 21 You cannot drink the cup of the Lord and the cup of demons too; you cannot have a part in both the Lord’s table and the table of demons. 22 Are we trying to arouse the Lord’s jealousy? Are we stronger than he?

• Romans 2:5 (NIV)

5 But because of your stubbornness and your unrepentant heart, you are storing up wrath against yourself for the day of God’s wrath, when his righteous judgment will be revealed.

May AiG repent of supporting the idol's festivity.

On my part, the idolatrous app has been deleted.

cristobela
Vice Captain

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces