Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply 古[} Recycle Bin
~Quick Bloodline Feedback & Survey~ [ Locked ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

PostPosted: Wed May 25, 2016 6:20 am
This will be a quick topic most likely being moved or deleted by myself or another mod in due time but for the time being I'm curious about opinions of the members. I'll primarily be looking at Custom Bloodlines but feel free to submit your thoughts on Canon Bloodlines if you want.

►What Bloodline in your opinion seems currently one of the most underwhelming so far?

►Has there been a bloodline you may have liked to do but seemed too intimidating or too underwhelming at the time?

►What changes to a bloodline if any would you like to see?

►What Bloodlines currently seem to be too overwhelming that they are overshadowing other bloodlines?

►If you could change anything about a Bloodline of yours if you had one what would it be?  
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 12:28 am
►What Bloodline in your opinion seems currently one of the most underwhelming so far?
Koton, Yozen no Soutou

►Has there been a bloodline you may have liked to do but seemed too intimidating or too underwhelming at the time?
Kuton, which I'm working on things to make better.

►What changes to a bloodline if any would you like to see?
More allowance for characters to implement abilities into the system, offering thoughts on it and not just as custom jutsus.

►What Bloodlines currently seem to be too overwhelming that they are overshadowing other bloodlines?
I'd argue Hakemoto bloodline is pretty overwhelming considering the fact that "posts" are counted as only 3-4 sentences. It makes learning everything required too easy, and its benefits are massive, considering the amount of chakra in the bijuu.

►If you could change anything about a Bloodline of yours if you had one what would it be?
I presently don't have one, but the things I'm wanting to change are things I'm working on writing out.

NightshadeV1

Shy Borg

15,925 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Partygoer 500

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2016 7:40 am
NightshadeV1
I'd argue Hakemoto bloodline is pretty overwhelming considering the fact that "posts" are counted as only 3-4 sentences. It makes learning everything required too easy, and its benefits are massive, considering the amount of chakra in the bijuu.

Before I get into anything else, I'd like to argue this point here. The clan is meant to be powerful, but there's a certan demeanor needed to play it right. In a case like this, it falls onto trust in the player to do that, which is why things really need to be taken on a case-by-case basis in this guild rather than blanket rules that inhibit everyone's creativity. But let me explain a little further how this clan works.

1. The character must have a calm mind and centered chakra for the States to be activated, except for the state of the beast. Me personally (as one of only three in the guild), I played outside that norm of this and chose a character with temper problems. That means in order for him to use any of the Hakemoto abilities, he has to dispel those negative emotions or push them out of sight. Currently in the roleplay, he's experiencing so much stress and anger that he probably won't be able to use them for months to come. Besides the fact, almost everyone who's ever considered the clan saw the posts required and noped on out.

2. Regardless of the "3-4 sentences equals a post" crap, it still takes anywhere from around fifteen to almost thirty posts to master a State. Even with people who do the minimum amount for training, by the time they learn something capable of facing against Bijuu (which is the entire purpose of the clan, by the way), they've spent 90-120 sentence (anywhere from around 900 to 2000 words depending on sentence length) training a single State. Post reductions help quite a bit, but if it's really viewed as powerful as it's stated above, then I'd say remove post reductions for it. Make it take the full length.

3. Using the States can kill you, especially if used carelessly at lower ranks. The Hakemoto have something called TP (Trance Points) that get used up every round. They can also use up to two States at once. Some of the easier ones to learn take up only one per post, but looking at the State of the Demon, which is used to face off against Bijuu, takes two per post. In order to utilize the Bijuu's chakra, the Hakemoto must maintain contact with the host for I believe two posts. Now, if the host is an enemy, do you really think they're just going to stand there and let me steal their chakra? Also, if the TP hits zero, it's game over. And if you don't die, you're body will be damaged to the point you probably won't ever fight again. If the number of TP is too high for your liking, we could possibly reduce the number or have stages of detrimental effects as the count goes down.

4. Going back to the abilities of the State of the Demon, the fact aside that you have to be in constant contact with the host in order to steal the chakra, say I do manage it. If the Bijuu is an aggressive one, like Shukaku or Kurama, that chakra could easily overwhelm the mind of the Hakemoto and take over. Something like that could cause them to turn on their allies as they lose control or go feral. A passive Bijuu's chakra, like Saiken, could make the Hakemoto lose the desire to fight. I would be more than happy to set up detrimental effects for each of the Bijuu's chakras.

5. I think the main State that could be considered overwhelming is the State of Defense, which is my personal favorite. It allows the user to basically walk through Ninjutsu up to B rank. At the same time, that's the reason it's called the State of Defense. I think it could be worded better, personally. The only real elements this would affect is energy based ones. You're not just going walk through a boulder that's thrown at you, and it does nothing to defend against physical attacks without expending large amounts of chakra. Genjutsu is still their greatest enemy. The State does make it a little easier to see through them, but if you're being blinded by pain or euphoria then you might not notice. Besides that, you still have to break free, and depending on the rank, you might not be able to self-Kai without doing a lot of damage to yourself.

The State of Power gives you a small boost to strength and speed that you can easily gain more of from learning a single style. The State of Healing helps you ignore pain and takes two posts of contact to heal someone (also uses chakra). State of Control halves chakra cost, which is pretty cool but does nothing for stamina, and Hakemoto are primarily Buki/Tai based. And State of the Beast gives you like half a rank of buffs (again, that you can easily get a greater amount from learning a style) at the expense of going feral. State of the Demon, we already talked about that. Oh, and you have to be in the State associated with a technique in order to use said technique

I think that about covers everything. I did try to fix some problems in the clan a couple years ago but it was forgotten after the mod in charge of the event vanished for months. It still does need a few fixes, like using the modifiers the guild now uses for stat increases. That aside, I'm not trying to be nasty, just clearing up some misconceptions (and trying to defend my clan), so I hope I maybe painted it in a better light?

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:49 am
I will be closing this survey on the 31'st while further instances of feedback are not required. They will be appreciated.  

NecroPlant

Trash Gardener

古[} Recycle Bin

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces