Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Help Guild

Back to Guilds

Guild for Anime,Manga, Live-Action Asian Drama, Asian Music K-pop Recommendations & Discussions, ChatSpace,TV Series/WesternCartoons + More. 

Tags: Anime, Manga, Live Action Asian Drama, Discussion, Recommendation 

Reply ☆ ANIME CLASSICs
Rules for Anime Classic's

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2016 12:23 pm
Talk about any Anime from the 90's - early 2000's

you can talk about anime anime before 2009 ... Before HD

NO 18 + YAOI, No 18+ YURI, HENTAI,RATED R content

although some of the anime during the 90's still did not have proper ratings

Ranma 1/2 - gender bend , nudity

Ghost at School - strong use of language for elementary school students

please put a warning if you are talking about some of the older anime specifically

Anime today have strict rules , like showing graphic blood , if you have not noticed the blood in most anime is discolored or darker.....

yes, you can talk about anime before 90's as well

[spoiler ] [ / spoiler]

gaia_nitemareleft emotion_bigheart gaia_nitemareright

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 2:44 am
So is Rama 1/2 acceptable, I mean yes it does have nudity, but most shows have such and myself consider it minor to the show. Gender Bender also which seems to fall under your no-no here.

Also if it has nudity in the orginal Anime, but the English Dub version it was edited out is that alright. Example Dragon Ball has nudity in it not much but it is there. Then there is some shows that have like a brief shower scene in only one episode, but no other episodes have nudity will those be alright.  

Tackle and Tickle
Crew

Tackle and Tickle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:10 am
What about my 60's,70's, and 80's Anime are they not considered classics. There are some good Anime that are classics I grown up with, well I admit the 60's there was not that many Anime that most westerners would notice except maybe Kimba the White Lion due to the controversy that Disney's The Lion King was very similar according to some people, Speed Racer due to the movie, Astro Boy due to the movie and because it was the first anime that was mass exported to the world, Sazae-san which still hold the record for the longest running Anime. Other 60's Anime that people may know are.

Cyborg 009
GeGeGe no Kitarō
Attack No. 1
Doraemon  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:20 am
Tackle and Tickle
What about my 60's,70's, and 80's Anime are they not considered classics. There are some good Anime that are classics I grown up with, well I admit the 60's there was not that many Anime that most westerners would notice except maybe Kimba the White Lion due to the controversy that Disney's The Lion King was very similar according to some people, Speed Racer due to the movie, Astro Boy due to the movie and because it was the first anime that was mass exported to the world, Sazae-san which still hold the record for the longest running Anime. Other 60's Anime that people may know are.

Cyborg 009
GeGeGe no Kitarō
Attack No. 1
Doraemon

sure you can add 60's 70's and 80's  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Tackle and Tickle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:48 am
nena_sakura
Tackle and Tickle

Cyborg 009
GeGeGe no Kitarō
Attack No. 1
Doraemon

I going to have to watch some again and maybe review some. Here is a random thought idea as I type as this place has Anime of the month if I remember why not a classic Anime of the Month also.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:51 am
Tackle and Tickle
nena_sakura
Tackle and Tickle

Cyborg 009
GeGeGe no Kitarō
Attack No. 1
Doraemon

I going to have to watch some again and maybe review some. Here is a random thought idea as I type as this place has Anime of the month if I remember why not a classic Anime of the Month also.

i have recommended some classics in the past
do you have some in mind that you would like to see recommended?  

nena_sakura

Captain

Fashionable Detective

25,075 Points
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Conventioneer 300

Tackle and Tickle
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2016 9:58 pm
nena_sakura
Tackle and Tickle
nena_sakura
Tackle and Tickle

Cyborg 009
GeGeGe no Kitarō
Attack No. 1
Doraemon

i have recommended some classics in the past
do you have some in mind that you would like to see recommended?
Space Battleship Yamato (Star Blazers) It was my first Anime the reason is basically while there was a couple of sequels and I know some live-action and even a few movies it makes the cut as a classic really spanning the decades as they even making Anime Movies I had to check on this one 2014, so an Anime that first aired in 1974 and in 2014 they are making a anime movie for it. It has been a while since I watched the show, but I think most people remember Star Blazers if they where around that time and it seems that new people recognize it also.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:18 pm
Ok i love how this is classic anime and it is 90 s to 2000 s so no macross, Galaxy express 999 , speed racer, Astro boy , ect how about some love 60's70'sand 80 's anime.  

Istoleyourtaco

Sparkly Warlord

17,300 Points
  • 20 Wins 100
  • 50 Wins 150

Wuyabi

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:38 am
Is Sailor Moon and Hunter X Hunter not allowed?  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 01, 2022 8:43 am

I just watched Inuyasha the Movie: The Castle Beyond the Looking Glass
Much better than the previous film.  

Wuyabi

Peculiar Gentlewoman

26,525 Points
  • Devoted Fortune Seeker 400
  • Timid 100
  • Fantastic Fifteen 100
☆ ANIME CLASSICs

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff