Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2016 12:48 pm
User Image
Life had been going absolutely swimmingly since Valentine's Day for the leopard angel. After all, he'd truly discovered what he had been wondering about for some time at that point: that Aquarious was truly his soulmate incarnate. Her lovely form, her beautiful personality... Truly everything about her was exceptional in its own way! And to think she held him too in such regard; it wouldn't have been a stretch to call that day the happiest of his life. Still, they hadn't yet taken that next step in their relationship, the one where they began to live together and begin considering a family. Oh well, they had all the time in the world for that.

Today, he perused through the market of town, looking to obtain the ingredients for the meal he wished to prepare this evening and a few others to have as-is. That was what brought him in front of a fruit stand near bursting with fruits not just from the confines of the city, but also more exotic ones traded for from the island.

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2016 5:03 pm
User Image

Hanna had just found a place to stay by herself after moving out of her parents home. However she was currently lost as she was not familiar with this part of the city. She was still barely just an adult and was only now learning how to do some things on her own and meet other pae. She was quite lucky though as her parents were willing to give her some money until she had gotten some sort of paying job and she was currently searching for one, or perhaps she would create one of her own, she wasn’t sure.

She found herself in the market, looking at the various stands and quite excited at what each one contained. Her stomach grumbled a bit as she looked at all of the food stands, and knew she had to eat something. However, a fruit stand was calling to her and as she tried to reach it, she accidentally bumped into another pae that was standing near it. “Oh my gosh I’m so sorry!” She tried to apologize quickly, embarrassed at such a clumsy display from herself.

Daisicle

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2016 8:35 am
Thulani was never particularly skilled at minding his surroundings, so he was caught quite unaware by the soft, yet forceful, hit to his rump, Startled enough as he was, he nearly fell over and dropped the plum he'd been inspecting. If one had been paying close attention to his hands, they might have seen them temporarily become furrier and grow claws to grip the fruit, if for just a moment. It had passed by the time he turned around to address the one behind him.

His demeanor was calm and his smile warmed as he laughed lightly and addressed the clearly flustered angel behind him. "Ain't no problem here; don't sweat the small stuff." He was never one to become easily angered, especially over something so trivial as being bumped into at the market. It was so busy here that it was to be expected. Which meant... "You ain't from 'round these parts, are ya?" Either that, or she was just a courteous personality.

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2016 3:55 pm
Hanna blushed a bit, still embarrassed by her actions, even if they were accidental. “All right…” She replied, still not over what she had done. She nodded a yes at his question though. “No I’m not. I actually just came here from living with my parents and so I’ve mostly been wandering around at this point, though the fruit caught my eye.” She replied, before her stomach gave a loud grumble of discontent. Seemed that it wanted to remind her that it was empty.

She sighed a bit as she heard the growl. Way to embarrass yourself in front of a complete stranger just when you’re trying to get to know some other pae! She thought as she looked back at the male. “Yeah, I think you can tell I’m a bit hungry.” She said, laughing a bit.

Daisicle

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2016 11:35 am
Laughing lightly at her stomach, he replied, "Ah, a youngin' then. I ain't from 'round here either, but I'been here long 'nough to know a thing'or two..." as his own words trailed, he looked back and gave the stand keeper a nod before grabbing an apple and, without hesitation, tossing it right to her. "This guy's..." he motioned to the shopkeeper with his hand, not looking back, "...an' old family friend. Got an eye that can spot the best pickin's in the batch. Bless my mother's heart, she's always about in a fit at how he get 'er finest ev'ry time." He laughed as the keeper gave a wry smile and shrug.

"Ya can trust his stuff's the best you'll find in the market. I swear it on my family's pride."

SSBrosB
:3

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2020 6:32 pm
The angel couldn't help but sigh, her face still dark from her previous action. Her face lit up when she was given the apple and a smile couldn't help but form on her face. "Thank you! I really appreciate it!" She wondered if it would be all right to eat it now, or if she should save it for later. As much as she wanted to make it on her own away from her parents, her father had quite a bit of money and going from that and straight to living on her own had been... difficult.

She looked at the shopkeeper and nodded towards him in thanks. "Thank you really, both of you! I'm not sure how I could repay you since I'm still trying to find my own way here, but I'm happy to help if you need it!" She said the last part with a more serious look on her face. If there was one thing her father had taught her, it was to be hardworking.

She wondered how he did that though with his line of work... Perhaps it was what had attracted her mother to him.

"I'll save this for a bit later." When she wasn't in front of others in case it got messy. "But it looks delicious!"

Daisicle

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2020 2:07 pm
"Don't sweat it!" Thulani was quick to respond back - he hadn't done anything worth thanking for as far as he was concerned. "'suppose if ya wanna take 'ny sort of 'debt' or 'lesson' or whatever from this, I'd just say do ya part tah pay it forward when ya can?" he glanced over at the shopkeeper with a smile before looking back at Hanna and nodding. "Ya, when yer a bit more settled in an' ya see someone new come 'round here again - next time ya can be tha one that grabs 'em an apple. Then they do tha same thing to the next youngin', an' then it just keeps on goin'."

He was actually pretty happy with how that'd come out. His mom would have been proud to hear him say something along those lines to those little brothers of his.

"Were ya lookin' ta find anything else? I know the market pretty well on account of my family an' all. I'd be real glad ta help ya find what yer lookin' fer."

SSBrosB
Oh lord, getting back into his mindset from back then is hard XD

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2020 7:15 pm
Hanna smiled at him. "That sounds like an idea." She wasn't opposed and besides, helping others sounded fun! At least compared to what her father did. "I'll be happy to pay it forward." It sounded rewarding at least. More rewarding than just sitting back and getting whatever she wanted at least. Sure, she didn't want for anything physical, but it often came at a price that she wasn't willing to pay. Like having to live at her parents' home forever.

She thought on his question for a bit. "No... I think I'm good. I've found a place to stay, I was mostly wandering around trying to get familiar with the area and eventually find a job of some sort." She frowned, trying to think of something. But she felt she had already imposed upon his kindness too much. "I-I'll be fine. I think I have it covered!" She at least had something to last her a while. "Thank you so much again though. You've helped this place feel more friendly already."

Daisicle

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

Daisicle

Aged Genius

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2020 2:27 pm
Thulani was pleased to see the girl beginning to get some pep back in her step - must have just been some newcomer nerves after all. Yes, with an attitude like that, he reckoned she'd find herself fitting in with the crowd sooner rather than later. "Well if'n its' a job ya need, just ask 'round and I'm sure you'll find someone with in need of a paid hand. Mmm... Not sure who's lookin' fer a hand off the top of mah head though..."

Now customs from back home would have had him insisting once more if she needed further help to tell him, but the city pae tended to take offense to that, so he simply smiled. "Well, if'n anything ever comes up, ya can always come by. My shop's over off that way, a lil' bit towards tha edge of tha Craftsman's District. Look for a small, two-story with the sign of a winged cow up front."

"Ah, I almost forgot. M'name's Thulani. It was a pleasure ta meet ya Miss...?"

SSBrosB

PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2020 5:59 pm
Hanna took a look in the direction that the other Pae had said where his shop was and she took a quick look trying to remember as much as possible. Hopefully she could find the street again! She would like to meet him again just to say thank you the next time they met, and hopefully when she was more established!

"Thulani? I'm Hanna." Not a very complicated name compared to his, but she liked it enough. "It was nice to meet you too Thulani and I hope that we can see each other again sometime!" The last part came out as a bit of a surprise after she realized how late it was. "Oh my gosh I have to get going! I'll make sure to come by sometime though!" She said, giving him a small wave and letting him respond before leaving for her "interview" at the shop that she had applied to when searching for a job. She was now feeling better about all of it after the nice meeting with the Pae. Hopefully the others at her job would be just as helpful!

Daisicle
Ending post from me! Apologies if it seemed rushed! sweatdrop

SSBrosB

Springtime Noob

:[ The Fifth Age ]:

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out