Welcome to Gaia! ::

World Wrestling Federation Guild

Back to Guilds

The oldest active wrestling federation on Gaia Online 

Tags: Wrestling, Roleplay, Roleplaying, Community, Wrestlemania 

Reply Promo Archives (2006 - 2016)
The Will To Go On (The Retirement of Hiro Shin-Mozas)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

HiroShinMozas

Aged Hero

5,050 Points
  • Hero 100
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:23 am
"Ladies and Gentlemen....please welcome the WWF:G Legacy Champion..."The God of Will"...HIRO...SHIN...MOOOOOZAAAAAS!"

A roar of the crowd at (Legacies 20/PPV) shook the arena to it's very core as, for the first time since his match with Draze where he suffered a serious injury, the WWF:G Legacy Champion was returning. He had no-showed a booked match against Omega which was probably the biggest sign that something was wrong. It was then that Metallica kicked in.

On a long and lonesome highway, east of Omaha

You can listen to the engines moanin' out it's one note song

You can think about the woman or the girl you knew the night beforeeee...

BUT your thoughts will soon be wandering. the way they always dooo....

When you riding sixteen hours with nothing much to doooo...

And you don't feel much like ridin', you just wish the trip was through...

HERE I AM, on the road again...

THERE I AM, up on the stage...

HERE I GO, playin' star again...

THERE I GO, TURN THE PAGE!

"Turn the Page" began as cheers grew louder and even more deafening. The eager fans could hardly contain their excitement as they impatiently waited through the music for the arrival of the Champion. The chorus finished, and traditionally when Hiro would enter, he did not. The music continued. Nothing. It briefly stopped before starting again. This time, he did arrive. From the back, walking with a cane and the WWF:G Legacy Championship strapped around his waist, was Hiro Shin-Mozas. Fans were shocked. They cried out in fear and confusion. The WWF:G Legacy Champion who returned not too long ago and won in the Main Event of Wrestlemania...suddenly rivaled the appearance of an old man. Limping down the ramp, the WWF:G Legacy Champion had a smile that wouldn't go away, so appreciative of the love he was receiving from the fans in attendance here tonight. Making it to ringside, the champion made his way up the steps slowly and asked the ring announcer for help. She held the ropes open for him and he slowly creaked into the ring, clearly in some bit of pain. The ring announcer gave Hiro a hug and then handed him her microphone, exiting the ring to give it to him. The fans cheering and chanting continued as Hiro's music cut out, and he was left to stand in the ring and look around in awe. These people, throughout everything he ever did in his career anywhere, were right now showing him love and compassion. This was what professional wrestling was all about. Respect. Hiro waited for a good three or so minutes before he finally got the fans to calm down and let him get on the microphone.

"This is...most certainly not the way I wanted you guys to see me. This is not a look befitting a champion, especially a world champion. Unfortunately, a few weeks ago during my match with Draze, I suffered a serious injury. Take a look."

There was a slight slur in Hiro's speech as he spoke. He turned to the titantron as did all of the fans, and booing began as it showed Draze dropkicking Hiro and knocking him out cold. There was a lot of heat on Draze from the crowd for this.

"Now guys, please, do not take this out on Draze. It was a freak accident, and it could have happened no matter who I was fighting. Hell, he was one of the very first people to come and see me in the hospital, and he called me multiple times afterward to check up on me. If anything, he really showed that he cared about me, and I give him major props for that. He's a good wrestler, and an even better man. Doctor's said it was only a matter of time until I suffered some sort of injury like this. See, what happened appears as though I was just knocked out cold, and yeah...that is really all that happened for the most part. However, when I got to the hospital and was resuscitated, I had many tests done. Here's a big shocker: I was wrestling with a concussion. That's no surprise for me, I've been doing that for almost ten years now. At Wrestlemania, for as far as Freakshow and Bad Boy took me, of course I was going to go in hurt and come out even worse. Well, I also had some X-Rays done. I had a few broken bones that hadn't healed right, and therefore, quite a few of the bones in my arms were brittle and messed up, and as it turns out...I didnt even know this was possible...I dont have an ACL in my right leg anymore. That's part of why I need to walk with this cane now. Most importantly, I had an x-ray done on my neck...and...it wasn't good."

Hiro looked down and wiped at his nose, gathering his composure as it was hard for him to get that out. Fans remained silent, emotions running high through them as they started to fear what the champion was getting at.

"For the past near-decade, I have had people try to kill me in this ring, I've had people try to kill me out of it, and I've even tried to kill myself. I have suffered injury after injury after injury after injury after friggen injury that would retire a man in moments, but I have kept fighting through them. I've wrestled with concussion as we've established, and with broken bones, internal bleeding, torn muscles...you name it. My nose has been broken over FORTY times, how I can still smell anything is a miracle, honestly. I kept fighting through all of it, I had the will to go on. No matter what my body has felt, I have always subscribed to the 'mind over matter' adage and it hasn't failed me. That's what has helped me make the claim that I am the God of Will. I have mastered willpower. It finally hit me leading up to my final confrontation with Freakshow that my whole career, through bad and good, I have been fueled by the will to go on. People have gone out of their way to keep me down, and so many more tried to make me go away forever, and I wouldn't. When I realize just the gift I had, the gift of never giving up, I decided to consciously apply it, and it lead me to finally becoming the WWF:G Legacy Champion again. I worked so hard, so damn hard. I did it for all of you, I did it for everyone that's ever doubted themselves, and I did it for myself. So...damn...hard. However...the will to go on...has left me."

This was what the crowd was afraid of. They began to boo out of anger and sadness. Hiro had to stop for a moment to let the fans get it out. He'd been down this path already. He already felt the anger, depression, and denial. Now he was enter acceptance.

"Like I said, it's always been 'mind over matter'...but now, the body is what matters. This mind of mine needs a vessel to survive, and I can't keep destroying this one any longer. An X-Ray came back of my neck and revealed that I currently suffer from a condition called Cervical Spinal Stenosis. What that means is that, essentially, my spinal cord has been severely damaged. Im going to need to have surgery, and I will be having it tomorrow. With that, my doctor's have suggested to me that I retire from active in ring competition permanently...and I will be heeding that advice. It hurts me. It hurts me more than anyone in this crowd or at home will ever understand. I love professional wrestling, I love WWF:G, and I love being the World Champion. However...I also love living, and I want to live for a very long time. I want to see 80, and if I ignored this and kept going, I'd have been lucky to have seen 40. If it were up to my heart, I still have the will to go on. I'd have the will to wrestle forever. Unfortunately though I need to listen to my head this time around and do the right thing for me and my health. However, I would like to make one thing clear to all of you out here...and to every one of my fellow wrestlers in the back. The God of Will is nothing more than a title I gave myself. I am no god. I called myself that because I mastered will power. I turned will power into the ultimate positive and used it as a driving force in my life to help me succeed, even when I didn't know I was...and any of you can do it. Have you seen what I have gone through in my career? I know you all have, the good and the bad. I still got to this point, I started at the starting line and am finishing here at the finish line because I had the will to push myself. I trail blazed my own path to the end like I always said I would. Any of you can do that. If you have the willpower, any of you out here can accomplish anything you want, you can get that girl, you can get that job, you can win that competition. All of you in the back...You can get to the top of the mountain like I was blessed to have. You can main event Wrestlemania. You can go down as one of the greats, or even better, go down as a legend. Never lose sight or focus of what you can accomplish if you try and if you never give up hope. A lot of people thought I closed a chapter in my career at Wrestlemania. That I finally transcended the eight years of my career prior. I agree with that. I ended the final chapter of my story, and the past few weeks were the sad epilogue. However, I don't find it to really be that sad. This is the start of a brand new story. A new beginning for me and something new for all of you. I'm not saying goodbye to professional wrestling, I'm saying 'I'll see you later'. For as long as my heart beats, it'll pump blood infused with this twenty by twenty canvas, the spirit of my peers and my friends, and the love of you amazing fans. My life has been forever changed by professional wrestling, and it's something I'll never forget, and always be in debt to. Ladies and Gentlemen, as of this moment, I hereby relinquish the WWF:G Legacy Championship, and I announce my retirement effective immediately. I thank this company, I thank the men and women in the back, and I thank all of you...for on this day, I am the luckiest man on the face of the earth. Never lose the will to go on. I love you all."

Hiro let the mic fall down to the mat as he unhooked the WWF:G Legacy Championship from his waist and, while using the cane to maintain his balance, brought high above his head and held it there for what felt like a lifetime. Tears dropped from his face and stained the mat for the final time. Fans were in tears, clapping, cheering, booing, screaming, hollering, angry and hurt. "THANK YOU HI-RO" chants were loud, all over, out of sync, and resonating. The now retired wrestler bowed his head down and lowered the title, bowing entirely with the help of the cane as a sign of respect to the fans whom he owed as much to as he did wrestling. Hiro laid the World Championship out on the mat, and slowly straightened himself up. "Turn the Page" began again as fans stood on their feet and gave the champion an ovation that had never before been seen in professional wrestling, and perhaps never to be seen again. There was something different about Hiro. He went from the most hated man, to more than likely the most beloved. He was always different to the fans than his fellow wrestlers and peers. He was relatable, the struggles he went through and the way he acted. From the underdog on the street to the top of the world, Hiro Shin-Mozas left his mark on this world that could never be erased. He took one last moment to look around at the crowd before slowly trudging to the ropes, this time forcing himself to get through them on his own, showing one last act of strength. He walked across the apron and to the stairs, slowly descending them. He heads to the ramp and walks up it as the clapping from standing fans continued. He reached the top of the stage and turned one last time to look at the crowd. He raised a fist up in the air.

THERE I GO, TURN THAT PAGE!

THERE I GO, YEAH YEAH

THERE I GOOOO, YEAAAH

THERE I GO, YEAH YEAH YEAH

HERE I GOOOOO, YEAAAH

THERE I GOOOOO!

THERE I GOOOOOOOOO!

And I'm gone...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 7:38 am
((Nicely done! Take care matey and have fun with whatever you choose to do next! Gonna miss ya!))  

Cartwright
Captain

Hilarious Sex Symbol

7,825 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Partygoer 500
  • Ultimate Player 200
Promo Archives (2006 - 2016)

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers