Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
My sister's best friend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:07 am
His name is James, and he has sickle cell anemia. As of this morning he's been in the hospital for five consecutive days. Because of the illness he's spent a LOT of time in the hospital but it's considered life threatening every time. My sister shared with me recently that she was sometimes able to help him stay calm in situations where he might've had attacks that could hospitalize him, but she has come back home after ten years to visit family before moving to Spain, and I know how her heart must be hurting that she can't be by his side right now.

Please pray for James!  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:54 am
That is really tough... I will pray for both your sister and her friend.
How well do you know him? I am asking because I wondered if you knew
what thoughts he has about the afterlife.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:29 am
Garland-Green
I've spoken with him a few times, I know what my sister has told me and how close they are. Basically they always comforted each other, she was lonely missing home and he was dealing with hospitals etc so often. His experiences made him kind and good-humored (he says that he learned how to always be nice otherwise in a hospital it can affect your health if people don't really want to help you).

I think he's a Christian but I'm not sure exactly.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:53 am
Frogsnack
Garland-Green
I've spoken with him a few times, I know what my sister has told me and how close they are. Basically they always comforted each other, she was lonely missing home and he was dealing with hospitals etc so often. His experiences made him kind and good-humored (he says that he learned how to always be nice otherwise in a hospital it can affect your health if people don't really want to help you).

I think whether he has found peace with God or not is very important. What is your sisters stance? I think it is a talk someone close to him should have with him despite how uncomfortable it is. Does she ever say what they talk about concerning death? From having close family members being sick with I know that this is things that go through their minds when they are sick.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:59 am
Garland-Green
Frogsnack
Garland-Green

I think whether he has found peace with God or not is very important. What is your sisters stance? I think it is a talk someone close to him should have with him despite how uncomfortable it is. Does she ever say what they talk about concerning death? From having close family members being sick with I know that this is things that go through their minds when they are sick.
I'm sure you're right and this is a good reminder, and timely. I'll ask her.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:49 am
Frogsnack
I'm sure you're right and this is a good reminder, and timely. I'll ask her.

I agree, please do 3nodding
and praying for your sister and her best friend. Let God heals miraculously according to His will and let the conversation be fruitful heart  

Meili Kyumee Youichi

Blessed Friend

7,700 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Contributor 150
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items