Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
A Second “Debate” With Bill Nye, “the Science Guy”

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2016 6:26 am
The second unscheduled "debate" with Bill Nye, "the Science Guy," occurred July 8 in front of hundreds of people at the Ark Encounter in Williamstown, Kentucky. The first one occurred at the Creation Museum in 2014. A few weeks ago, I publicly invited Bill Nye to tour the life-size Ark that opened July 7, and I offered to personally show him through. Nye accepted.

Apparently Bill is the host of an upcoming science documentary and wanted to bring along a video crew as we walked through the Ark. It really turned into an almost two hour debate as we walked through all three decks of the Ark. We both agreed to video the entire discussion as we walked. Numerous children, teens, and adults swarmed around us as we passionately interacted as the audience grew. There were thousands of visitors at the Ark Encounter, and a large group of them had a unique opportunity I’m sure they will never forget.

Bill challenged me about the content of many of our exhibits, and I challenged him about what he claimed and what he believed. It was a clash of worldviews. At one point I asked Bill, “What would happen to you when you die?” He said when you die “you’re done.” I then asked him why he was concerned about what we were teaching at the Ark if when we die we’re “done.” Ultimately, why does it matter what anyone believes if, when we die, that’s it and we won’t remember we ever lived and eventually no one else will ever remember we lived either?

Continue reading.

While talking to the Washington Post, Nye quipped that the park looked very unfinished, telling the reporter that he hoped the park would go bankrupt before completion.

He said his biggest takeaway from the visit, however, was that children were being “brainwashed.”  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:14 pm
It's unfortunate that such a well-known science speaker is ignorant of reality.  

Lady Vizsla

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 4:05 pm
Lady Kariel

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 17, 2016 3:09 pm
Garland-Green
Lady Kariel

1 Corinthians 1:20
Where is the wise man? Where is the scribe? Where is the philosopher of this age? Has not God made foolish the wisdom of the world?

Very relevant to this.  

Lady Vizsla

The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces