Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Need your prayers

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:14 am
My wife just suffered a herniated disc and is in a lot of pain. Please pray for her!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:51 am
Garland-Green
My wife just suffered a herniated disc and is in a lot of pain. Please pray for her!

Praying, brother. Only remaining grandfather was mentioning having intense pain.  

TsukikuroiMai

Naughty Fox

13,490 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 1:07 pm
I will keep both of them in my prayers.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:33 pm
TsukikuroiMai

Praying, brother. Only remaining grandfather was mentioning having intense pain.

Thank you for your prayers. I will pray for your grandfather too.

OtakuKat
I will keep both of them in my prayers.

Thank you for praying.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 5:57 am
May God ease her pain and discomfort, heal her according to His Will, and give her the strength and comfort that she needs. Praying that God will also give you strength and comfort too brother.

Is she currently taking any medication for the pain, Garland?

applying heat/ice can also alleviate the pain but only temporarily.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:12 am
Spirit Reborn
May God ease her pain and discomfort, heal her according to His Will, and give her the strength and comfort that she needs. Praying that God will also give you strength and comfort too brother.

Is she currently taking any medication for the pain, Garland?

applying heat/ice can also alleviate the pain but only temporarily.

Thank you for your prayer. We both need them.

She is currently taking something called Trampalgin for the pain, and something called Vimovo which is an anti-inflammatory. The effect seems to variate from day to day.

I bought a flask made out of rubber. It holds heat for hours. She is using it on her leg when it is cold and it temporarily relives the pain.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Spirit Reborn

Friendly Citizen

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 6:13 am
Garland-Green

That's good that you've got a heating pack and that she's taking an anti-inflammatory. I'm not familiar with Tempalgin though. I've looked at treatments that you both may consider as well. Despite these treatments, we need to release her in God's hands and trust that He will help her:

Physical therapy, exercise and gentle stretching to help relieve pressure on the nerve root
Ice and heat therapy for pain relief
Manipulation (such as chiropractic manipulation)
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, naproxen or COX-2 inhibitors for pain relief
Narcotic pain medications for pain relief
Oral steroids to decrease inflammation for pain relief
Epidural injections to decrease inflammation for pain relief  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 7:42 am
I am praying for her also! God will bless you both.  

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:08 am
Said a prayer for your wife, for healing and deliverance from suffering.

Spirit Reborn made many great suggestions.

After my accidents, I have been coping with herniated discs (among other spinal damage).

I've found the only topical that works best (aside from medication), is Raw Heat and Raw Ice International. They are certified natural products by the NPA and work much better than Icy Hot and BioFreeze (the stuff that many chiropractors use). Here's the website: http://www.rawhealthintl.com/products.asp. You can try to order them cheaper on Amazon.

I know I sound like an ad, but... This stuff works sometimes better than prescription medication for me.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:23 pm
Spirit Reborn
Garland-Green

That's good that you've got a heating pack and that she's taking an anti-inflammatory. I'm not familiar with Tempalgin though. I've looked at treatments that you both may consider as well. Despite these treatments, we need to release her in God's hands and trust that He will help her:

Physical therapy, exercise and gentle stretching to help relieve pressure on the nerve root
Ice and heat therapy for pain relief
Manipulation (such as chiropractic manipulation)
Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) such as ibuprofen, naproxen or COX-2 inhibitors for pain relief
Narcotic pain medications for pain relief
Oral steroids to decrease inflammation for pain relief
Epidural injections to decrease inflammation for pain relief

Thank you for taking the time to look these up for her.
I am hoping that God will heal her. She is attempting gentle stretching at home at the moment, since it would be too difficult for her to get into the car. We used to go to a chiropractor but I think that is out of the question until she is more mobile.
She wants to wait and see if she will get better before she goes to the doctor again. It was very hard on her going the last time, and I think she is afraid of having to go to the hospital. Suffering from PTSD, depression, anxiety and so on it would be tough on her going and not being able to have me around for support. Will mention these suggestions to the doctors again if/when we go the next time.  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:24 pm
Frogsnack
Thank you! I really appreciate your prayers. 3nodding God bless you.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:28 pm
neuroseas

After my accidents, I have been coping with herniated discs (among other spinal damage).

I've found the only topical that works best (aside from medication), is Raw Heat and Raw Ice International. They are certified natural products by the NPA and work much better than Icy Hot and BioFreeze (the stuff that many chiropractors use). Here's the website: http://www.rawhealthintl.com/products.asp. You can try to order them cheaper on Amazon.

I know I sound like an ad, but... This stuff works sometimes better than prescription medication for me.

I think she would be willing to try anything to ease the pain. I will give her the link and ask her to see if it is something she would be interested in trying. Thank you, and thank your for your prayer!

Can I ask you questions about your spinal problems? Specifically the herniated discs?  

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

olisea

Muse

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 9:11 pm
Garland-Green
neuroseas

I think she would be willing to try anything to ease the pain. I will give her the link and ask her to see if it is something she would be interested in trying. Thank you, and thank your for your prayer!

Can I ask you questions about your spinal problems? Specifically the herniated discs?

Of course, I have a few herniated discs in my cervical spine and lower lumbar. I'll try to answer the best I can.

If you guys do happen to get that stuff, remember to "spot test" a small patch of skin before applying a bunch on. It's a way to check for sensitivity/allergy to the ingredients. Sometimes my skin gets irritated using "Raw Heat" but usually it's because I use way too much product on one area.

It can be pretty potent... A little goes a long way, especially as you don't feel the full effect until a few minutes after application.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 10:37 pm
Garland-Green
Frogsnack
Thank you! I really appreciate your prayers. 3nodding God bless you.

I'll see if my brother remembers what he did when he had one.

I also know that for joint pain in general glucosamine and chondroitin are supplements that help your body lubricate your joints- that would help no matter what. (Useful for any joint overuse or swelling, basically something your body normally makes enough of but helpful for carpel tunnel I know).  

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items