Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
The Moral Revolutionaries Present Their Demands

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 3:59 am
The Moral Revolutionaries Present Their Demands: Unconditional Surrender
Albert Mohler
May 12, 2016

Now that the moral revolutionaries are solidly in control, what is to be demanded of Christians who, on the basis of Christian conviction, cannot join the revolution? The demands have now been presented, and they represent unconditional surrender.

The latest terms of surrender were delivered last week by Mark Tushnet, William Nelson Cromwell Professor of Law at Harvard Law School. In a stunningly candid essay, Tushnet declared a total liberal victory and chastised his fellow liberals for what he called a “defensive crouch liberal constitutionalism” that is now outdated. With liberals firmly in control of almost every power base in the culture — most importantly, the federal courts — there is no reason for liberals to play defense, he asserts.

Continue reading.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 3:51 pm
Liberals have this 'anything goes' attitude, once you can make it sound justifiable. The funny thing is they criticize Christian morality while having no basis for their own.  

Lady Vizsla

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 2:45 pm
Lady Kariel
Liberals have this 'anything goes' attitude, once you can make it sound justifiable. The funny thing is they criticize Christian morality while having no basis for their own.

I think it is important to highlight this in debates or when asked questions concerning Christianity. Too often they are allowed to dominate the debate without being challenged back.
Very true.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:37 pm
They may have won various battles, but it's so arrogant of them to think they won the "war" just because there are more liberal judges. Someone can be a liberal person, who breathes out mockery, scorn, and ridicule one day, and then be converted the next day if Jesus intervenes in their life. And then, the once-liberal judge could start speaking in favor of the position they were once against, and start overturning things.

However, I doubt this will happen if YHWH's people do not seek His face, pray, and turn from their wicked ways. If He sees us cherishing pagan/Gentile ways of thinking and being, then He hands us (and the country) over into enemy hands, in all things—like He would often do with paganized / idolatrous Israel in the past. He stops driving out the enemy once we start acting like His enemy—thinking, speaking, and acting contrary to His Word.

Abandonment

• Acts 7:42-43 (NIV)

42 But God turned away from them and gave them over to the worship of the sun, moon and stars. This agrees with what is written in the book of the prophets:

“‘Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
        forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
        43 You have taken up the tabernacle of Molek
        and the star of your god Rephan,
        the idols you made to worship.
        Therefore I will send you into exile’
        [a] beyond Babylon.

Footnotes:

a. Acts 7:43 Amos 5:25-27 (see Septuagint)

• 2 Kings 17:6-8 (NIV)

6 In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria captured Samaria and deported the Israelites to Assyria. He settled them in Halah, in Gozan on the Habor River and in the towns of the Medes.

7 All this took place because the Israelites had sinned against the Lord their God, who had brought them up out of Egypt from under the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. They worshiped other gods 8 and followed the practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before them, as well as the practices that the kings of Israel had introduced.

Solution:

• 1 Kings 8:33-34 (NIV)

33 “When your people Israel have been defeated by an enemy because they have sinned against you, and when they turn back to you and give praise to your name, praying and making supplication to you in this temple, 34 then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your people Israel and bring them back to the land you gave to their ancestors.

• 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

His people have been defeated by the enemy in various areas in this country. Not surprisingly, His people are steeped in lawlessness and idolatrous customs. We better pray for discernment, for God to lead us into right understanding, and so turn away from everything He sees as idolatrous in our life. I think the biggest area of neglect for Christians in the USA is in the realm of entertainment, past times, and thrill-seeking. Tolerating sexual immorality, occult spirituality, and various forms of improper interaction with creation, especially if it comes in a cartoony facade, for example [The Spirit of Pokémon]. On top of just outright rejecting what He inspired to be written.

"Yes, we belong to the Most High God." Not in our thoughts and actions we don't. Our thoughts and actions reflect the ways of the world and unbelievers, not of God. "Delight in pagan ways and thoughts? Okay then, go live under their rule entirely then. Be defeated by them. Why am I going to give you victory when you're denying Me / My Ways. I will hide My face from you all. Go suffer under their rule, and learn to appreciate My Ways fully."

If we cry out, He'll listen. But if there is only crying out to Him, with no genuine repentance / renouncing of wicked ways, and His people forsake Him again, the whole cycle begins again (forsake YHWH - handed over to enemy affliction - cry out for mercy - YHWH sends alleviation - saved - forsake YHWH - handed over to enemy, so on and so forth...). Note: nowadays people would call it different ways of life/philosophies, but Biblically, that would be following after another god / following after an idol / a deviant thought / a false notion of God.

• Judges 2:11-21 (NIV)

11 Then the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord and served the Baals. 12 They forsook the Lord, the God of their ancestors, who had brought them out of Egypt. They followed and worshiped various gods of the peoples around them. They aroused the Lord’s anger 13 because they forsook him and served Baal and the Ashtoreths. 14 In his anger against Israel the Lord gave them into the hands of raiders who plundered them. He sold them into the hands of their enemies all around, whom they were no longer able to resist. 15 Whenever Israel went out to fight, the hand of the Lord was against them to defeat them, just as he had sworn to them. They were in great distress.

16 Then the Lord raised up judges,[a] who saved them out of the hands of these raiders. 17 Yet they would not listen to their judges but prostituted themselves to other gods and worshiped them. They quickly turned from the ways of their ancestors, who had been obedient to the Lord’s commands. 18 Whenever the Lord raised up a judge for them, he was with the judge and saved them out of the hands of their enemies as long as the judge lived; for the Lord relented because of their groaning under those who oppressed and afflicted them. 19 But when the judge died, the people returned to ways even more corrupt than those of their ancestors, following other gods and serving and worshiping them. They refused to give up their evil practices and stubborn ways.

20 Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and said, “Because this nation has violated the covenant I ordained for their ancestors and has not listened to me, 21 I will no longer drive out before them any of the nations Joshua left when he died.

Footnotes:

Judges 2:16 Or leaders; similarly in verses 17-19

Clearly, God hasn't changed: handed over into the hand of the enemy, YHWH stops driving out the enemy, we get exiled / conquered [defeated] by the enemy / removed from power—that is still a punishment He sends on us when we refuse to turn away from wicked ways. And it is just one judgment. He has so many more (aside from sword, there's famine, crop failure, withheld rain, pestilences, wild animal infestations and wild animal attacks, etc—in both a literal and spiritual/metaphorical sense), as covered in this thread for anyone who is interested in reading: [The Divine Judgments of God].

Sigh.

May the believers repent if they want to see Paul-like conversion of our enemies in this country, and see the whole land healed of wickedness, and all wicked thoughts defeated.

cristobela
Vice Captain

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:28 am
cristobela
They may have won various battles, but it's so arrogant of them to think they won the "war" just because there are more liberal judges. Someone can be a liberal person, who breathes out mockery, scorn, and ridicule one day, and then be converted the next day if Jesus intervenes in their life. And then, the once-liberal judge could start speaking in favor of the position they were once against, and start overturning things.

However, I doubt this will happen if YHWH's people do not seek His face, pray, and turn from their wicked ways. If He sees us cherishing pagan/Gentile ways of thinking and being, then He hands us (and the country) over into enemy hands, in all things—like He would often do with paganized / idolatrous Israel in the past. He stops driving out the enemy once we start acting like His enemy—thinking, speaking, and acting contrary to His Word.

Abandonment

• Acts 7:42-43 (NIV)

42 But God turned away from them and gave them over to the worship of the sun, moon and stars. This agrees with what is written in the book of the prophets:

“‘Did you bring me sacrifices and offerings
        forty years in the wilderness, people of Israel?
        43 You have taken up the tabernacle of Molek
        and the star of your god Rephan,
        the idols you made to worship.
        Therefore I will send you into exile’
        [a] beyond Babylon.

Footnotes:

a. Acts 7:43 Amos 5:25-27 (see Septuagint)

• 2 Kings 17:6-8 (NIV)

6 In the ninth year of Hoshea, the king of Assyria captured Samaria and deported the Israelites to Assyria. He settled them in Halah, in Gozan on the Habor River and in the towns of the Medes.

7 All this took place because the Israelites had sinned against the Lord their God, who had brought them up out of Egypt from under the power of Pharaoh king of Egypt. They worshiped other gods 8 and followed the practices of the nations the Lord had driven out before them, as well as the practices that the kings of Israel had introduced.

Solution:

• 1 Kings 8:33-34 (NIV)

33 “When your people Israel have been defeated by an enemy because they have sinned against you, and when they turn back to you and give praise to your name, praying and making supplication to you in this temple, 34 then hear from heaven and forgive the sin of your people Israel and bring them back to the land you gave to their ancestors.

• 2 Chronicles 7:14 (NIV)

14 if my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.

His people have been defeated by the enemy in various areas in this country. Not surprisingly, His people are steeped in lawlessness and idolatrous customs. We better pray for discernment, for God to lead us into right understanding, and so turn away from everything He sees as idolatrous in our life. I think the biggest area of neglect for Christians in the USA is in the realm of entertainment, past times, and thrill-seeking. Tolerating sexual immorality, occult spirituality, and various forms of improper interaction with creation, especially if it comes in a cartoony facade, for example [The Spirit of Pokémon]. On top of just outright rejecting what He inspired to be written.

"Yes, we belong to the Most High God." Not in our thoughts and actions we don't. Our thoughts and actions reflect the ways of the world and unbelievers, not of God. "Delight in pagan ways and thoughts? Okay then, go live under their rule entirely then. Be defeated by them. Why am I going to give you victory when you're denying Me / My Ways. I will hide My face from you all. Go suffer under their rule, and learn to appreciate My Ways fully."

If we cry out, He'll listen. But if there is only crying out to Him, with no genuine repentance / renouncing of wicked ways, and His people forsake Him again, the whole cycle begins again (forsake YHWH - handed over to enemy affliction - cry out for mercy - YHWH sends alleviation - saved - forsake YHWH - handed over to enemy, so on and so forth...). Note: nowadays people would call it different ways of life/philosophies, but Biblically, that would be following after another god / following after an idol / a deviant thought / a false notion of God.

• Judges 2:11-21 (NIV)

11 Then the Israelites did evil in the eyes of the Lord and served the Baals. 12 They forsook the Lord, the God of their ancestors, who had brought them out of Egypt. They followed and worshiped various gods of the peoples around them. They aroused the Lord’s anger 13 because they forsook him and served Baal and the Ashtoreths. 14 In his anger against Israel the Lord gave them into the hands of raiders who plundered them. He sold them into the hands of their enemies all around, whom they were no longer able to resist. 15 Whenever Israel went out to fight, the hand of the Lord was against them to defeat them, just as he had sworn to them. They were in great distress.

16 Then the Lord raised up judges,[a] who saved them out of the hands of these raiders. 17 Yet they would not listen to their judges but prostituted themselves to other gods and worshiped them. They quickly turned from the ways of their ancestors, who had been obedient to the Lord’s commands. 18 Whenever the Lord raised up a judge for them, he was with the judge and saved them out of the hands of their enemies as long as the judge lived; for the Lord relented because of their groaning under those who oppressed and afflicted them. 19 But when the judge died, the people returned to ways even more corrupt than those of their ancestors, following other gods and serving and worshiping them. They refused to give up their evil practices and stubborn ways.

20 Therefore the Lord was very angry with Israel and said, “Because this nation has violated the covenant I ordained for their ancestors and has not listened to me, 21 I will no longer drive out before them any of the nations Joshua left when he died.

Footnotes:

Judges 2:16 Or leaders; similarly in verses 17-19

Clearly, God hasn't changed: handed over into the hand of the enemy, YHWH stops driving out the enemy, we get exiled / conquered [defeated] by the enemy / removed from power—that is still a punishment He sends on us when we refuse to turn away from wicked ways. And it is just one judgment. He has so many more (aside from sword, there's famine, crop failure, withheld rain, pestilences, wild animal infestations and wild animal attacks, etc—in both a literal and spiritual/metaphorical sense), as covered in this thread for anyone who is interested in reading: [The Divine Judgments of God].

Sigh.

May the believers repent if they want to see Paul-like conversion of our enemies in this country, and see the whole land healed of wickedness, and all wicked thoughts defeated.

I agree with you on this. God should not just be compartmentalized/confined only to certain sections of our life. We can't expect to be blessed if we do this.

James 1:22
But be doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves.

Luke 6:46
Why do you call Me 'Lord, Lord,' but not do what I say?  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games