Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Listen to Jesus, But Not Paul?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:47 am
Listen to Jesus, But Not Paul?
Sermon. Duration: 1:08:26.

Sadly many "evangelicals" are uncertain if Christ and Paul are on the same page, and in this message Tim refutes this idea and shows that they clearly are on the same page. We must not forget, as Ephesians 1:1 says, that Paul is an "apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God"; as in he is sent by the Lord and speaks on behalf of the Lord.

Relevant;
Paul – Apostle or Fraud  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2016 3:55 pm
My thoughts exactly. I have been reading Corinthians in particular this past couple of weeks and it has came to my mind that when reading the New Testament after Jesus dies and rose again, that they are only authors writing. Not Jesus. But we have to keep in mind that for one, we can back up what they are saying by looking what Jesus has taught. Everything matches up. Because the authors were Jesus' disciples. Second, Paul repetitively mentions that he is motivated by the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit is with him, speaking to him.  

Thepeopleater

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:06 am
Mossmare
My thoughts exactly. I have been reading Corinthians in particular this past couple of weeks and it has came to my mind that when reading the New Testament after Jesus dies and rose again, that they are only authors writing. Not Jesus. But we have to keep in mind that for one, we can back up what they are saying by looking what Jesus has taught. Everything matches up. Because the authors were Jesus' disciples. Second, Paul repetitively mentions that he is motivated by the Holy Spirit and that the Holy Spirit is with him, speaking to him.

John 14:26
But the Advocate, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things and will remind you of everything I have said to you.

Peter also say that the letters Paul wrote is Scripture on par with Old Testament writings and that it's God's wisdom Paul is sharing.

2 Peter 3:15-16
Consider also that our Lord’s patience brings salvation, just as our beloved brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom God gave him. He writes this way in all his letters, speaking in them about such matters. Some parts of his letters are hard to understand, which ignorant and unstable people distort, as they do the rest of the Scriptures, to their own destruction.  
Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games