Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Sermons
Silence the Mocking Voices

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:02 am
Silence the Mocking Voices

You will go through seasons where you “HEAR THE MOCKING VOICES” – the culture, the court’s, friends, enemies, and family.

- to joke, jest, scoff, and ridicule

- the goal is to sidetrack – “you’ll never amount to anything”; “you’ll always be a drunk, or an addict”; “you’re a failure and will always be.”  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:58 pm
Thank you for posting this, brother.

My family tells me often how little they think of me... Mostly my grandmother and uncle. They scoff at my accomplishments and often try to make me feel small. I am not sure why they do this.

I have to wait until I graduate nursing school to move out. It's a very toxic environment for me, but have to stick it out until I can leave.  

olisea

Muse

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:36 am
neuroseas
Thank you for posting this, brother.

My family tells me often how little they think of me... Mostly my grandmother and uncle. They scoff at my accomplishments and often try to make me feel small. I am not sure why they do this.

I have to wait until I graduate nursing school to move out. It's a very toxic environment for me, but have to stick it out until I can leave.

You are welcome.

Maybe they don't know..? Maybe it is jealousy not having accomplished much themselves in their own eyes...

Jeremiah 17:9
The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately sick; who can understand it?

Mark 7:21-22
For from within the hearts of men come evil thoughts, sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, wickedness, deceit, debauchery, envy, slander, arrogance, and foolishness.  
Sermons

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games