Welcome to Gaia! ::

Anime Conventions: The Global Connection

Back to Guilds

A guild dedicated to sharing/discussing conventions, cosplay, anime, and manga from across the world 

Tags: Convention, Cosplay, Anime, Crossplay, Manga 

Reply -------- Cosplayers
Are You Known For Cosplaying A Certain Character/Style?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KayaLing

Vice Captain

Interesting Gaian

13,540 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Signature Look 250
  • Angelic Alliance 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 05, 2016 11:06 pm
Are You Known For Cosplaying A Certain Character/Style Or From A Series?

I thought that this would be a good question to ask our members.

Over the past years, I have noticed that some of my cosplaying friends (and Senpais) have become known for cosplaying a certain character, from a particular series, or even a style.

gaia_star An example of cosplaying a certain character:
I am known to cosplay as Riku (Kingdom Hearts) at every Otafest for at least one out of the three days, ever since I have been cosplaying as him. I have cosplayed as KH2 Riku, Master Riku, and Organization XIII Riku as well as seven different casual outfits for him.

gaia_star An example of a series AND style:
One of my friends (Fallen Angel Cosplays) does wonderful Pokemon gijinka cosplays and artwork. The majority of his cosplays are Pokemon gijinka in the style of royalty, which is his default design for them. The majority of his cosplays are from Pokemon as well.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2016 6:51 am
Hi Everyone,

It's been known over the years that my favorite Cosplay to do is of Syaoran from the "Tsubasa Reservoir Chronicles, Collected Memories" Anime series. My first Anime outfit is of Syaoran and I've worn it so much that I need to buy new boots. smile One of my great joys when wearing this outfit is coming across "Princess Sakura" cosplayers from the same series. smile I easily go into character and I'm on the other side of my camera for a change for a few photos.

Often my Avi here on Gaia is dressed up as Syaoran and I have a drawing of "Princess Sakura" in my Gaia signature. Wearing my Syaoran outfit has made it easier for me to do my Cosplay Photography. Wearing the outfit puts me in a good mood and many of the other Cosplayers that I take a photo of are more at ease when they see that it's another Cosplayer who wants to take a photo of them.

Last year for the first time I got to meet one of our Guild Members, Kyari (kyari cloudcakes) at the Youmacon 2015 Con in Downtown Detroit. She got to see me wearing my Syaoran Outfit and she was wearing her "Queen Serenity" cosplay outfit which is from the Sailor Moon series. I hope to meet more Guild Members in the future. Being a Semi Professional Cosplay Photographer I go out of the way to have fun taking photos of other Cosplayers. No offense to Professional Cosplay Photographers I prefer this style of Photography over ones that deal highly with the technical aspects of Photography. I admire their work I but I'm at the con to have fun and not make it a business venture.

So if anyone else wants to see me wearing my Syaoran outfit and meet me in person let me know what cons that you are going to in the Mid West. Also I'm going to Youmacon 2016 in early November which gives plenty of chances to do photoshoots.

PS - Kaya thanks for starting this thread and I hope that more members post a reply in it.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Llarian

Valiant Leaf

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:43 am
For a little while at first I was known for Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club, as I helped some friends of mine run a popular Ouran character panel for a few years. Then I was known to a few as Badou Nails from the manga DOGS: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark. I carried around an oversize cigarette prop made from a leftover paper towel tube - the character is obsessed with cigarettes. It made a splash on 4chan briefly because of the gag prop.

As far as style, I'm known for cosplaying elegant bishonen, most of the time. I love using makeup to enhance a cosplay look^^

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 5:50 am
Llarian
For a little while at first I was known for Tamaki Suoh from Ouran High School Host Club, as I helped some friends of mine run a popular Ouran character panel for a few years. Then I was known to a few as Badou Nails from the manga DOGS: Stray Dogs Howling in the Dark. I carried around an oversize cigarette prop made from a leftover paper towel tube - the character is obsessed with cigarettes. It made a splash on 4chan briefly because of the gag prop.

As far as style, I'm known for cosplaying elegant bishonen, most of the time. I love using makeup to enhance a cosplay look^^

Hi Llarian if you haven't yet check out the Ouran High School Host Club Cosplayers photo that I took at Youmacon 2011. You can find the photo at the "Forum Rules and Guidelines - Please Read" Thread in the "Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion" Sub Forum.  

smithers456

Captain

Friendly Explorer

9,050 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Guildmember 100
  • Citizen 200

Llarian

Valiant Leaf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 10:35 am
smithers456
Llarian

Hi Llarian if you haven't yet check out the Ouran High School Host Club Cosplayers photo that I took at Youmacon 2011. You can find the photo at the "Forum Rules and Guidelines - Please Read" Thread in the "Anime, Manga, Videogame Discussion" Sub Forum.
Very cute!! I love that they had Kuma-chan with them. That Kyouya is so in-character, pushing up his glasses. ^^ Thanks!  
-------- Cosplayers

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games