Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
Do Conservative Christians Have the Love of Christ for Obama

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 3:00 pm
Do Conservative Christians Have the Love of Christ for Obama and Hillary?

9:30AM EDT 9/6/2016 MICHAEL BROWN

Along with many other conservatives, I believe Barack Obama has been one of our worst presidents, and I dread the thought of a Hillary Clinton presidency. I believe both of them have damaged our country in significant ways, and I steadfastly oppose some of their most cherished policies.

But that does not give me permission to despise them as human beings or to have a visceral hatred for them. God forbid.

Yet attitudes like this are all too common in our conservative Christian circles, circles which could better be described as "CONSERVATIVE christian," circles in which those whom we oppose can be vilified in the name of righteousness.

Read more: link  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2016 6:22 pm
I believe God is working on something. I feel Obama being president had its purpose (waking us up to certain issues) and now God is moving on to the next step in whatever he has in the works. I believe Hillary's health and Trumps "Popularity" may be Gods way of telling us what direction he is heading (god please correct me if I am wrong). Maybe if trump gets elected (its looking that way, if he doesn't get killed), this will clue us in more on what is/needs to happen...... I don't know.

I mean with the USA, Russia, China and other countries along with what ISIS is doing you can almost see Gods Chess board. All the changes and moving around, I feel something big is coming. I pray it is some sort of unity and not WW3, but I give this all up to God!  

ButterFlyCross89

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:39 am
ButterFlyCross89

I have been considering for some time that there is a possibility that God is allowing these things to happen so we will trust Him more than we trust our governments. That we put our trust and hope in Him, and not them. It could be at least part of the reason. Perhaps it is to show also those that don't belong to Him that they are betting on the wrong horse? Many people think that man can solve all issues himself without God, and that all people need is time and education... That the right belief comes from a materialistic investigation of the universe and that this is all we need.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 8:37 am
We should never have hatred toward anyone, misguided as they may be. As an aside, I feel sorry that Americans have to pick between two candidates who I find unsuitable for presidency :/ Thus continues the downfall I guess sad  

Lady Vizsla

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:15 pm
ButterFlyCross89
I believe God is working on something. I feel Obama being president had its purpose (waking us up to certain issues) and now God is moving on to the next step in whatever he has in the works. I believe Hillary's health and Trumps "Popularity" may be Gods way of telling us what direction he is heading (god please correct me if I am wrong). Maybe if trump gets elected (its looking that way, if he doesn't get killed), this will clue us in more on what is/needs to happen...... I don't know.

I mean with the USA, Russia, China and other countries along with what ISIS is doing you can almost see Gods Chess board. All the changes and moving around, I feel something big is coming. I pray it is some sort of unity and not WW3, but I give this all up to God!

Something big is definitely on the way, whether or not it's already visible to us. I just pray that people will come to God before it is too late...  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 4:32 pm
OtakuKat
ButterFlyCross89

Something big is definitely on the way, whether or not it's already visible to us. I just pray that people will come to God before it is too late...

You and me both, there is so much pain in the world and people blaming God for it when it is mans sin that causes it. God has nothing to do with evil, it is man's sin that's the cause and what is to blame. God did not promise a life with out pain and trials, only his love, support and guidance to help us get through it. List of verses on Guidance

To stay on topic, All of what Obama and Hillary have done has hurt the USA a great deal, but I know that god uses what the devil means for bad for our good. And maybe trump wont be as good as everyone thinks. But just because we cant see gods plan doesn't mean he isn't working or that he doesn't care. I believe that when all is said and done, something amazing will emerge..something we never thought possible.

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  

ButterFlyCross89

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:45 pm
ButterFlyCross89
OtakuKat
ButterFlyCross89

You and me both, there is so much pain in the world and people blaming God for it when it is mans sin that causes it. God has nothing to do with evil, it is man's sin that's the cause and what is to blame. God did not promise a life with out pain and trials, only his love, support and guidance to help us get through it. List of verses on Guidance

To stay on topic, All of what Obama and Hillary have done has hurt the USA a great deal, but I know that god uses what the devil means for bad for our good. And maybe trump wont be as good as everyone thinks. But just because we cant see gods plan doesn't mean he isn't working or that he doesn't care. I believe that when all is said and done, something amazing will emerge..something we never thought possible.

Jeremiah 29:11 (KJV)
11 For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.

Definitely. Something amazing will happen, whether it be something great by human stardards or something much bigger, like seeing Christ come back.  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games