Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply Prayer Requests
Please pray for me and a good friend

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 1:44 am
I'm going through a rough time right now. I'm having problems with one of my brothers, and my next-door neighbor has decided that whenever I'm talking to my friends on the internet, she's going to say inappropriate things when they can hear what she's saying. She's been sleeping in my apartment because her living room window doesn't lock, and there's a guy that lives in the same town as us that has threatened her. We just got into an argument because she asked me if she could sleep in a certain way in my bed, and when I said no, she asked me for a reason why. When I told her, "It's my bed, and I said no, end of discussion," she wouldn't let the subject drop, and she said that if I wanted to kick her out, I would have to call the police. She was one of my best friends up until a few days ago, but now, it's like I don't know who she is. She's become annoying and rude, and I'm sick of it. I don't know if I should just end the friendship, or lay down some rules, but I don't know how much more of her behavior I can take, or her attitude when I ask her to stop and she just won't listen. Does anyone have any advice for this situation?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 2:12 pm
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. Have you tried talking to her about how you feel? Maybe seeking out another friend and seeing what they have to say would help (sorry I'm honestly not sure what to say).  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 3:04 pm
OtakuKat
I'm sorry to hear that you're going through this. Have you tried talking to her about how you feel? Maybe seeking out another friend and seeing what they have to say would help (sorry I'm honestly not sure what to say).

I have tried telling her how I feel, but she won't listen. As an update, this morning, I could hear her through my living room wall, screaming into her phone at her mom. And from what one of my church friends told me, my other friend is seriously considering committing suicide, and even though I tried to talk her out of it, nothing I can say will convince her not to commit suicide. She thinks I don't care about her, but it hurts to know she's considering suicide. I don't want her to do it, but it seems she's set on it and won't listen to what anyone says, and she believes that God hates her, which I know for a fact isn't true. I don't know what to do anymore, and I don't know how I can help her. Please pray for her, and pray that God will show her just how much He loves her.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 7:42 pm
DragonFang099
OtakuKat

I have tried telling her how I feel, but she won't listen. As an update, this morning, I could hear her through my living room wall, screaming into her phone at her mom. And from what one of my church friends told me, my other friend is seriously considering committing suicide, and even though I tried to talk her out of it, nothing I can say will convince her not to commit suicide. She thinks I don't care about her, but it hurts to know she's considering suicide. I don't want her to do it, but it seems she's set on it and won't listen to what anyone says, and she believes that God hates her, which I know for a fact isn't true. I don't know what to do anymore, and I don't know how I can help her. Please pray for her, and pray that God will show her just how much He loves her.

Ah...that's a hard situation. I will definitely keep them in my prayers. Have she tried seeking help?  

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

DragonFang099

Hilarious Friend

8,575 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Evolution Debut 250
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:30 pm
OtakuKat
DragonFang099
OtakuKat

Ah...that's a hard situation. I will definitely keep them in my prayers. Have she tried seeking help?

Thank you for all the prayers. And yes, she has sought help. She wound up going to the hospital Sunday night, and as far as I know, she's still there, hopefully getting the help she needs. I spoke to our case manager yesterday, and she told me never to let my neighbor back in my apartment, and I'm going to listen to her. After the outburst Saturday night, I'm a bit afraid of my neighbor, and I believe it's in my best interest to focus on myself, and not let her drag me down.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 1:52 am
The bible says, "It is better to live in a corner of a roof than in a house shared with a contentious woman." And, "It is better to live in a desert land than with a contentious and vexing woman."

I will pray for you and your good friend.  

Warrior Of El

Blessed Genius

OtakuKat

Moonlight Healer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 14, 2016 9:05 pm
DragonFang099
OtakuKat
DragonFang099
OtakuKat

Thank you for all the prayers. And yes, she has sought help. She wound up going to the hospital Sunday night, and as far as I know, she's still there, hopefully getting the help she needs. I spoke to our case manager yesterday, and she told me never to let my neighbor back in my apartment, and I'm going to listen to her. After the outburst Saturday night, I'm a bit afraid of my neighbor, and I believe it's in my best interest to focus on myself, and not let her drag me down.

I'm glad to her she's being kept in a safe environment. I will continue to keep you and your neighbor in my prayers.  
Prayer Requests

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games