Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Bible Guild

Back to Guilds

What if Jesus meant every word He said? 

Tags: God, Jesus, The Holy Spirit, The Bible, Truth, Love, Eternal Life, Salvation, Faith, Holy, Fellowship, Apologetics 

Reply The Bible
This Land is Mine

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Garland-Green

Friendly Gaian

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:49 am
by Arnold G. Fruchtenbaum

More often than not, the claim to Palestine as a Jewish homeland has been based upon historical and national rights. All this changed when Menachem Begin became Prime Minister of Israel. Historical and national claims were not discarded, but took secondary place to the Biblical claims which were now being set forth. Begin quoted heavily from God's promises to Abraham, Moses and the prophets. The West Bank was now called by its old Biblical names of Judea and Samaria. Secularized Jews have not been comfortable with this claim to the land, though orthodoxy has been ecstatic with it. Some went so far as to state that the Biblical right to the land is the only really valid claim.

Is there any validity to making the Scriptures the source for the modern Jewish claim to the land? The answer is a resounding yes." In fact, this is the only area where Jewish claims become unique. While both historical and national claims are important, the Arabs have made their own claim to the land based upon those two elements as well. At that point, it becomes a matter of choice of whose historical and national claims one will accept. However, in the area of the Biblical right to the land, the Arabs cannot make any claim to it, while the Jews can. Hence, the Arabs do not and cannot claim to have any Biblical authority for their right to the land. Their literature tries to ignore it. Or, when they do address the matter, it is through rebuttals from ministers who do not hold to a literal view of Scripture. However, the Jewish Biblical claims have no rival.

Continue reading: link  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 11:28 am
I thought Jews and Arabs were both descendants of Shem. So were both Semitic. I guess I'm not too knowledgeable on the history.  

Lady Vizsla

Frogsnack

Questionable Snack

10,925 Points
  • Generous 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Lavish Tipper 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2016 7:33 am
This is very interesting, I will definitely read it! mrgreen  
The Bible

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff